Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Whisper Me a Love Song
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Apr 15, 5:05 AM

Jun 2019
Reply to JKKH
@Lucianael Yeah I agree 100%, at this point it's hard to really see what the characters see in each other. And it's weird for Yori to go from never experiencing love to falling in love the instant she gets confessed to by a stranger. The way things are written feels like its just going through the motions of romance plotlines without putting effort into fleshing out the characters first. Like they just fall in love because its what's supposed to happen in romances, rather than it feeling like the natural course for the characters to take.
@JKKH That's common in high school though? I dated girls who just told me they liked me. None of those lasted of course. And looking back, all of them were pretty much meaningless. That's the age where you try stuff and experiences. But it's a happy experience for sure.
Apr 15, 8:35 AM

Feb 2022
Reply to bassyey
@JKKH That's common in high school though? I dated girls who just told me they liked me. None of those lasted of course. And looking back, all of them were pretty much meaningless. That's the age where you try stuff and experiences. But it's a happy experience for sure.
@bassyey Sure and I get that, I would have been completely okay with that in a narrative like (you probably haven't read it) Punpun which approaches human emotion and relationships from a very cold perspective but Whisper Me a Love Song clearly doesn't do that. This show is basically idealizing that kind of relationship that by its very nature is so surface level that it most likely would never work out in reality, I mean, what you said is living proof of that. So while I don't have a problem with media talking about dysfunctional relationships, or rather I would hope it to happen more often, this very clearly does not try to seem dysfunctional, it is sugar coding something that real people can be hurt from. Even if this is not something anyone is actually going to suffer from, which yeah, that's pretty unlikely, it still does not make for an engaging romance, because it is so contrived and unnatural for it to not show clear problems. If you want your happy-go-lucky wholesome story, I'm all for it, Kaguya-Sama is my favorite piece of media after all and the characters have pretty good luck when it comes to their romance, but that is because these characters feel natural to like each other to such an extent, they make for a naturally engaging couple. Yori and Himari don't, at least not this far.
Hello, please don't take anything I say as an insult, it is not meant as an attack against you as a person. If I directly disagree with you, that does not mean I think you are wrong, I am just more correct. Oh, and if you don't understand sarcasm, then I'm a really friendly individual.
Apr 15, 8:37 AM

Oct 2008
oh a yuri show...but why isn't YuriCrusader goin' gaga over this one??? hmmmm...
4/5.

Apr 15, 9:23 AM
Nov 2022
Oregairu if Hachiman had never existed:
xdddd

Now seriously, I really liked it, it was very nice to see Yori nervous, plus the approach the anime takes caught my attention, I thought the couple was going to be formalized from the first episode but it seems that won't be the case. and we will see its development, nice.
Apr 15, 10:33 AM

Feb 2017
Reply to bassyey
@bassyey It doesn't feel like its written like Yori is just agreeing to go out with Himari to try things out and give a relationship a shot. It's presented like she immediately fell for Himari upon being confessed to. And even after learning it was a misunderstanding Yori still feels the same way. Which is why it felt weird to me. I can kinda even get if a character is written as someone who'll just fall in love with anyone who shows interest in them, but once they are shown to realize it was a misunderstanding that reason for falling in love vanishes.
JKKHApr 15, 10:41 AM
Apr 15, 3:09 PM

Dec 2021
Cute first episode. I liked it. Not much to say that hasn't already been said, since things look like they'll be continuing in a non-toxic manner.
Opinions are opinions, and differing opinions can co-exist. 🙂 But I don't do debate, life's too short to spend time debating people.
Apr 16, 2:32 AM
Apr 2022
Reply to JKKH
@Lucianael Yeah I agree 100%, at this point it's hard to really see what the characters see in each other. And it's weird for Yori to go from never experiencing love to falling in love the instant she gets confessed to by a stranger. The way things are written feels like its just going through the motions of romance plotlines without putting effort into fleshing out the characters first. Like they just fall in love because its what's supposed to happen in romances, rather than it feeling like the natural course for the characters to take.
@JKKH I think you can feel in love at first time or from built at time.
There's people that loving someone from the looks irl.
And from never feel in love to suddenly in love. Like food. You never eat something but it's your taste and good and become your favorite. I hope it's not weird example
Apr 16, 5:59 PM
Feb 2024
The visuals are cool and the song is good. The anime pays great attention to detail, just as the manga draws. In terms of plot, the story is still relatively light.
Apr 16, 6:29 PM
Jan 2017
Reply to redorzo
Yuri time! I like our two main leads already, seeing Yori so flustered already was cute to see. Just please tell me there's no love triangle in this show..

And we're off! It certainly was a fast start. Himari uses a classic declaration of love to say that she greatly loves Yori's music. An Yori (I don't know what love is) immediately falls for our bubbly red head.
Haven't read any of the source material, redorzo, but I fear you will disappointed. But we will just have to keep watching and see how this ship sails.
Apr 17, 12:34 AM
Apr 2021
What cute nice start tbh, I went into this not knowing anything but that it’s a Yuri and I was not disappointed at all it’s a cute funny premise that the older student misinterpreted what the first year said and fell head over heels over the first year usually it’s the opposite way around haha💀

Yuno looks so cute when she’s flustered it’s cool seeing the older calm cool character being the one all flustered and shit it’s a nice change of pace for me instead of seeing the younger peppy characters being the one who fell in love first

The opening song is good as well I don’t think I’m gonna skip it at all during this season🔥

This is pretty much Oregairu just without Hachiman and just focusing on Yui and Yukino being a love dynamic😩😩😩😩

Someone pass me Mari please and thank you, she’s the best looking girl in this show for me😣😫
Treyv0nApr 17, 12:40 AM
Apr 17, 1:13 AM

Mar 2008
I am as confused as Yori is.
Apr 17, 2:09 AM
Mar 2018
So that was the premiere of Sasayaku You ni Koi wo Utau! It wasn't exactly what I was expecting, I thought the writing would be less light and fun, and a little more serious (kinda like the closing scene of this episode). I didn't dislike it, though! The characters are pretty engaging, as is the story. The only thing I could've done without is the exposition in the dialogue between Himari and Miki, in their first scene together.

The visuals are slick, especially in the moments with a more dramatic flair.

The music is good! I really liked the song that Yori was humming on the roof.

I'm looking forward to the rest of the season!
Apr 17, 3:17 AM

Apr 2020
I just watched the first episode last few days ago and decided to go ahead and read the manga. To be honest... the manga was a wild ride!!!

My main reason for why I decided to read the manga is the animation. The story is cute and my kind of style but it'll be hard to sell if the animation doesn't deliver the manga well. There are moments in the manga that are great and i'm worried if the anime does this at fast pace cutting corners with the character developments and moments.

All in all, the manga is great if you like a wholesome romance manga in general. Also i'm still gonna watch anime for Shiho.
Apr 17, 5:50 PM

Oct 2022
Ugh.. ok I sort of knew I'd be disappointed. This just didn't feel very passionate. It felt casual and hasty. To those who think this is a good love story, go watch Adachi & Shimamura and see what good is.
This isn't Sakura Trick level of bad, but it almost went there. First of all, it starts out with the "it's my first day being a High School Girl!" trope that, at this point I find frankly insulting. We know how magical and amazing high school is in the world of anime. We know there are always cherry blossoms, that all the girls look like models, that the school building is a palace that gleams in the sunshine, that they will always sit by the window in a perpetual golden sunset... this is literally the kind of Paint By Numbers high school anime we've seen done a million times before. There's no need to go through the motions if you have no imagination, just have them look at each other and kiss 2 minutes in. Might as well.

These characters aren't even supposed to know each other. But in less than 10 minutes they're already having a private moment together, on the roof naturally, where no other students are, NATURALLY. Again, A&S really struck out with an original idea having one of the girls be a delinquent, who hid in an upper level storage area where nobody could see. Now THAT is unique, and gives it a special atmosphere. This did nothing special at all. This chick is supposed to be not good at singing in front of people? How come she sang perfectly in the first 30 seconds of the anime then? She didn't get up there and stumble, and then show her hidden talent to the MC (who could have chased her down to try and make her feel better about a failure or something) up on the roof- THAT would have been interesting- no she was just automatically perfect. There's just no depth here. It felt rushed, and very shallow and I'm very DISAPPOINTED.
SuperAdventureApr 17, 5:53 PM
Apr 18, 3:35 AM
Jul 2022
Absolutely horrible, the only thing good about it was the animation.
Apr 18, 6:08 PM
Back to anime

Jun 2017
The moment I waited to listen to the manga version paid itself off twice as much, this was an excellent first episode, and I'm here to stay and enjoy the ride (if you know, you know)~!=v=3
Apr 19, 12:03 AM

Jan 2021
I don't really believe in love at first sight but this is really cute... Himari is so sweet and lovely... Yori-senpai too... her voice is really good.

I think the besties like them too?

Apr 19, 1:16 AM

Nov 2022
Yori's misunderstanding gave me second-hand pain 😭
Apr 19, 3:24 AM

Dec 2022
What a bait and switch confession from Himari lollll, poor Yori. It was funny how Miki knew exactly in what context Himari meant though when she was talking to her sister about it
Apr 19, 7:05 AM

Feb 2022
Reply to Mishiia
@JKKH I think you can feel in love at first time or from built at time.
There's people that loving someone from the looks irl.
And from never feel in love to suddenly in love. Like food. You never eat something but it's your taste and good and become your favorite. I hope it's not weird example
@Mishiia Ye, I totally get that, and I am not saying that it is weird for people to fall in love at first sight (though that is rather rare), the problem is that, while food is good as long as it tastes good, your relationship isn't healthy just because your partner looks good. The problem we were talking about, comes less from this scenario being impossible, but rather that it still just isn't a good relationship. Our media has desensitized us so we rarely think about how weird a concept love at first sight really is but to really bring this across, picture a blind person falling in love with someone from smelling them for the first time, you would call that weird, right? Sight is a sensation just like smell or even taste, but while food only needs to taste good, a relationship resolves around a lot more than just smell or in this case looks. You want your partner to care about you, you want them to like you, not the perfume you are using, right?
Hello, please don't take anything I say as an insult, it is not meant as an attack against you as a person. If I directly disagree with you, that does not mean I think you are wrong, I am just more correct. Oh, and if you don't understand sarcasm, then I'm a really friendly individual.
Apr 19, 8:21 PM
Apr 2022
Reply to Lucianael
@Mishiia Ye, I totally get that, and I am not saying that it is weird for people to fall in love at first sight (though that is rather rare), the problem is that, while food is good as long as it tastes good, your relationship isn't healthy just because your partner looks good. The problem we were talking about, comes less from this scenario being impossible, but rather that it still just isn't a good relationship. Our media has desensitized us so we rarely think about how weird a concept love at first sight really is but to really bring this across, picture a blind person falling in love with someone from smelling them for the first time, you would call that weird, right? Sight is a sensation just like smell or even taste, but while food only needs to taste good, a relationship resolves around a lot more than just smell or in this case looks. You want your partner to care about you, you want them to like you, not the perfume you are using, right?
@Lucianael old d!sn3y princess movie is usually about first love. Yeah. That love at first sight concept already being used from long time ago(and happy ending).

Food usually have to looks normal-appealing too for normal people (there's people that eat weird stuff)
Relationship can be seem as trial. fail, success. And if want good long relationship, love, caring do important aspect.

In the anime, Yori that never think about love getting her heart and mind shaken by Himari "love confession". Start to feel and thinking what is love(and because her friend telling her to make love song) it seem she already made up her mind to try make Himari really love her because she see Himari smiles etc make her heart feel different than before.

As fictional characters, story watcher and reader. I do can feel 'in love' for the characters design at first time. Or after I know about the characters more. And if some people can care about 2D. So maybe in irl can be too?

Hope my English not to weird.
Apr 20, 4:17 AM

Feb 2022
Reply to Mishiia
@Lucianael old d!sn3y princess movie is usually about first love. Yeah. That love at first sight concept already being used from long time ago(and happy ending).

Food usually have to looks normal-appealing too for normal people (there's people that eat weird stuff)
Relationship can be seem as trial. fail, success. And if want good long relationship, love, caring do important aspect.

In the anime, Yori that never think about love getting her heart and mind shaken by Himari "love confession". Start to feel and thinking what is love(and because her friend telling her to make love song) it seem she already made up her mind to try make Himari really love her because she see Himari smiles etc make her heart feel different than before.

As fictional characters, story watcher and reader. I do can feel 'in love' for the characters design at first time. Or after I know about the characters more. And if some people can care about 2D. So maybe in irl can be too?

Hope my English not to weird.
@Mishiia Don't worry about your English, I've seen worse before and am not a native speaker myself, so I can relate that a new language is always tough to use at the beginning. Either way, The fact that it is fiction and all is true, and I will acknowledge this, but fiction is always based on reality and can also affect someone's way of seeing reality. Thus, if we have a narrative about something like love at first sight, it is kind of a problem, even if it has been around for probably hundreds of years as a concept. Even the old Greeks wrote of legends where hero and heroine fell in love at first sight, so yeah, this is not new, but we can critique it either way. The problem with the concept as a whole is not how realistic it is, it is not, not a lot of people fall in love at first sight, but it is a plausible scenario. The problem is, that it is simply not a good thing for someone to fall in love over someone else's looks. As soon as you view someone that way, you are personally invested and investment can be abused, in other words, as long as you like someone because of their looks alone, you take the risk of them abusing the knowledge that it doesn't really matter how they act, but you also might just look like a massive asshole to anyone who actually likes you. One's looks should not be the determining factor here, simply because they are of overall very little value to a relationship. That doesn't mean that you have to ignore everyone's appearance, but rather that looks should be a factor, not the whole thing. So in other words, it is not wrong to value someone else's looks, it is not impossible to fall in love with someone on their looks alone and to be fair, you can read a fair bit of someone's personality just from how they dress themselves, but when you want a functioning relationship, you need to find other aspects about that person, because they most likely haven't made looks into all there personality is. Whisper Me A Love Song's problem is not that it is unrealistic, though I would question the realism of the situation too, the problem is, that the romance depicted just isn't the fluffy flawless cute thing they make it out to seem. The show's approach to romance this far, by not acknowledging the problems with love at first sight, is that it at once doesn't seem to fully understand human relationships but that it uses its flawed understanding of the topic to sell a broken relationship as a whole one. This romance can be made whole, they can make it work out, they can even fix all the problems I have mentioned this far, but that does not change that they depicted this romance's start as something desirable, as something cute and wholesome, and it isn't. By sugar coding reality and removing the very real problems with this approach to romance, they inevitably ideals the concept of first impression, and everyone that ever had a teacher that hated them should understand that this is a bad thing. First impressions always matter, we humans are seemingly just hard-wired to make those first times count all the more, but even then, even if it is natural for us, we should openly discuss how this behavior is flawed.

This show will most likely not cause harm to anyone, people will take problem with what I have to say, and most people will be able to ignore this stuff, and maybe that fact is a problem, but even if it wasn't, the romance in this show doesn't even need to be harmful, because it is already bad, and that is enough.
LucianaelApr 20, 4:21 AM
Apr 20, 7:28 AM
Sep 2021
Best anime of this season for me & also 1 episode made me "fall in love at first sight". My favorite yuri from now on.
Apr 20, 5:48 PM

Aug 2020
Himari and Yori. Two cute souls united by destiny. Design + production is great. Everything was too perfect for the beginning hahahah I'm interested in how this will work out

Apr 21, 2:13 AM

Nov 2014
for a one sided lesbian drama its not bad.
Apr 21, 4:42 PM

May 2015
Just as I thought the whole love as first sight was developing too quick, it turned out to be a misunderstanding. Looks cute anyway, I hope it gets even better later on.
Apr 22, 3:31 PM

Nov 2013
wow, yuri anime are awesome as always <3

the main girl is really pretty, but her friend and the senpai are also nice looking, i like it
all 3 of them, as well as Yori band members, seem to be fun to watch
having a rich girl making jokes is also a fun thing (Tomo-chan's Carol and her gold bar come to mind)

was surprised to see Himari instantly confessing, like wow she is crazy, but i guess it was a little bit of a misunderstanding, sadly lol
that doesn't change much, since now they will pass lots of time together and sooner or later, Himari will go down into the yuri route :p

as expected, yuri anime (or most of them) don't need more than like 5 minutes for me to know that i'll easily finish them and enjoy them
fav "new" girls from spring <3 ... click sig for older seasons and more possible picks
Apr 22, 10:54 PM

Jun 2012
I was screaming the whole time and I CANNOT BE NORMAL ABOUT THIS!!!!

So good!!!!! I love them!!!!!

Character expressions were priceless, voice acting was absolutely exceptional, and I'm still surprised I didn't die multiple times over from heart-attacks because of how much I squeed during this episode.
Apr 25, 1:43 PM
Aug 2013
So cute! ❤️ I'm glad gender seems like a non-issue so far.
May 3, 2:30 AM

Apr 2015
I liked that they were opening up everything to their friends, felt natural
May 3, 6:16 PM

Sep 2015
I really like the animation, i dont know if i'll keep watching though, it's kinda boring
May 5, 9:00 AM

Jan 2022
This anime is so pretty and colorful.

Wow this is literally the fastest moving GL I've ever seen and I'm so damn happy about it. We literally got a confession in the first episode. And all the girls are so freaking cute. Ugh.

I hate that there's misunderstanding between them though. Please realize it was a confession, this is torture!!

This never updates so that's cool
May 5, 6:20 PM
May 2024
muy mal comienzo para que comience ese enamoramiento, pero no se escapa de como lo es en la vida real.
sin mas que decir muy mal comienzo:(
May 7, 1:58 AM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
Cute yuri with some pretty good music. Himari's bumbly-ness is a bit overkill but that's just a really minor nitpick.

Doesn't seem to be amazing or anything right now, but if that turns out not to be the case and it really is something special, I'll binge watch it when it finishes airing. For now, will keep it as on-hold.

NYANPASU
5700XT

May 25, 4:16 PM
Anime Archivist

Aug 2019
The yuri of the season, at least it was supposed to be the yuri of the season. Remember when the season started and this show was at least in the 7.7-7.8 range, but the show is instead on its slow decline.. an unfortunate situation, but the whispers about this show paint a picture for how this went down. Til I see that, I have this episode.

The cat has already saved lives, thank cats for not missing school. I can appreciate Miki's back tails. I can also appreciate the cuteness of Himari and Yori, who make for a much better pair than other romance anime this season. While this is first sight, I can see it easing into its girl love premise. Let the two of them sing away on the rooftops.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

» Delayed Episodes

AkeZZZ - Jun 1

22 by Price-Field »»
9 hours ago

Poll: » Sasayaku You ni Koi wo Utau Episode 8 Discussion

IzanaSolos - Jun 1

46 by floral_sacrifice »»
Yesterday, 2:34 PM

» The situation around Sasakoi & the possible reason for the awful production quality

MineFord_gurme - May 31

21 by deg »»
Jun 10, 4:23 AM

Poll: » Sasayaku You ni Koi wo Utau Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

IzanaSolos - May 25

60 by KANLen09 »»
Jun 8, 12:25 PM

Poll: » Sasayaku You ni Koi wo Utau Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

IzanaSolos - May 18

70 by KANLen09 »»
Jun 8, 12:06 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.