Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 27, 5:16 AM

Jan 2018
It's nice to see Ubel and Land back in the manga again.
Feb 27, 5:27 PM
#1 Hitagi Lover

Apr 2014
Good chapter.

Seeing Ubel again is a treat!!!

I like her interactions with Land cause they're pretty amusing at times. Interesting that these two along with Fern and others are given a mission to attend a ball to protect Serie.

I'm very curious to see just who would go after Serie's life. The guy at the end for some reason reminded me of that count Orden guy from way back when cause of the eyepatch.

Am very much looking forward to the next chapter.

Feb 27, 6:09 PM

Dec 2021
Isn't it funny how all these familiar faces from the exam are showing up just as the anime gets into this arc? Oh well, at least we're getting more of Mommy Ubel.

Is there a girl following you around and teasing you by calling you "four-eyes" to see how you'll react? Ah, young love. Or maybe just some school teasing... Or maybe both. Happens all the time.

Feb 27, 10:20 PM

Sep 2016
Those poor freshly baked cookies, they never saw the joy of consumption.
Feb 27, 11:00 PM
Apr 2019
Why can't Frieren just wrap herself in mana as a shield like what she did against the string demon? That would cover her weakness as a mage.

And having 2 mages as guards against warriors when Serie is supposed to be the strongest mage, knowing every spell including those known by her guards, doesn't seem logical.
Feb 27, 11:23 PM
Sep 2021
Now we can see Ubel and Land again! In anime, a lot of fans adore this ship. They would be thrilled to see this chapter onwards.

Serie assassination plot, huh? Such a subtle beginning for the new arc. We will se how our party repel that plot with assistance from Continental Magic Association. I speculate that we will see another strong villain there, either demon or not.
Feb 28, 1:03 AM

Oct 2017
I knew there was gonna be more to the shadow warrior thing. That seemed too abrupt to be a side thing.

Anyway so happy to see Übel, Land, Sense again. Specially now that the anime's at the exam arc.
Feb 28, 1:10 AM

Oct 2017
Reply to PokemonArk
Why can't Frieren just wrap herself in mana as a shield like what she did against the string demon? That would cover her weakness as a mage.

And having 2 mages as guards against warriors when Serie is supposed to be the strongest mage, knowing every spell including those known by her guards, doesn't seem logical.
PokemonArk said:
Why can't Frieren just wrap herself in mana as a shield like what she did against the string demon? That would cover her weakness as a mage
Warriors rely on physical attack not magical. Frieren specifically explained that if a warrior was in close range then they won't have the time to cast spell thus why they are in disadvantage against them.

PokemonArk said:
Knowing something and being good at something are completely different things. Sense and Falsch are good at close range combats and countering warriors thus being effective against warriors.
Feb 28, 3:35 AM

Nov 2020
Someone wants Frieren and Serie dead, there is 100% certain demon behind it.
Feb 28, 3:37 AM

Nov 2020
Reply to AntwanMantilla
Good chapter.

Seeing Ubel again is a treat!!!

I like her interactions with Land cause they're pretty amusing at times. Interesting that these two along with Fern and others are given a mission to attend a ball to protect Serie.

I'm very curious to see just who would go after Serie's life. The guy at the end for some reason reminded me of that count Orden guy from way back when cause of the eyepatch.

Am very much looking forward to the next chapter.

@AntwanMantilla it would be very nice if they also invited Orden to this ball, he is also an important person
Feb 28, 5:20 AM
Feb 2021
Reply to Ba-Cii10
@AntwanMantilla it would be very nice if they also invited Orden to this ball, he is also an important person
Ba-Cii10 said:
it would be very nice if they also invited Orden to this ball, he is also an important person

I think we would see a lot of old characters - Orden, Graf Granat, Denken (as Imperial mage), Kanne and Lvine (as guests considering that Lavine is from noble family), etc
Feb 28, 1:13 PM

Nov 2013
More Ubel is always welcome. We need more info about her!

So... it seems both Frieren and Serie will be in big trouble soon. Though I have veeeeeeeeeeery big doubts anyone can deal with Serie. Just like Land she may simply use top-grade clone while safe in her dungeon with grimoires.
What's the obsession with the list though? I wonder if it has something to do with the demon king's vision of the future. Undoubtedly death of those 2 elves will only benefit demons.
Mar 1, 6:31 PM

Jun 2016
I really like Ubel and Land. I hope they continue to have more moments like the ones in this chapter.
Mar 2, 7:23 PM

Dec 2022
wow now that's a dense chapter. now this surely does feel like a proper longing arc start, with that last shadow warrior encounter being a prologue of sorts. shadow warrior Snake Pliskin looking pretty formidable. seems we'll see some favorites in their ballroom gowns hehe :)
Mar 3, 12:15 AM

May 2020
Start of an arc it seems. Though the mystery behind the empire, and all of what they did in the past was too big of a thing to just conclude in a couple of chapters anyway.

Also, I possibly cannot imagine someone besting Serie lol.
Mar 8, 8:52 AM
Apr 2020
I'm gonna act like a sweaty powerscaler and just go ahead and say Hero of the South > Serie.
Mar 9, 3:25 PM

May 2020
So Commander Kita is back huh!!!

Knowing how popular the lead vocalist of the Spearhead Squadron is these last few weeks...

Im pretty sure the author did this on purpose on why she appeared in this arc...

More Omurice spell casters are always appreciated!!!

Knowing what happened previous chapter...

More high ranking mages are more worried about their safety...
" Kindness can sometimes lead you to trouble. "

Mar 10, 9:35 AM
May 2021
Why does this arc kinda give me PTSD flashbacks about Gintama's
đź’€
Mar 11, 12:11 AM

Jul 2021
The plot involves protecting the possibly strongest mage ever, which feels like guarding a deity. This raises doubts about its necessity, especially since even the Demon King can't harm her. Serie might be using this to teach her Class A Mages. The absence of Denken and his group heightens my anticipation for the next chapter.
Mar 13, 3:08 PM

Sep 2018
the translations are getting out of hand. I really cant stand the use of such archaic language in manga. Its not that the use of such speech patterns is bad by itself, its just that every character sounds the fucking same.
Mar 24, 11:24 AM

Jan 2009
why is the empire sending shadow warriors to kill mages lol wtf this new arc should answer that
Yesterday, 7:48 AM

Oct 2011
nice that they made those chapters with the Shadow Warrior before, because I would had a hard time believing a warrior could be a threat to a 1st class mage (still have some problems)... after so many powerfull mages fights, I forgot they are considered "weak" against close combat warriors

More topics from this board

» Coming back from 7th august

MegamiRem - Yesterday

6 by _Defect_ »»
4 hours ago

Poll: » Sousou no Frieren Chapter 3 Discussion

Kuma - May 15, 2020

13 by whitebeartigtig »»
Yesterday, 2:15 PM

Poll: » Sousou no Frieren Chapter 2 Discussion

Kuma - May 14, 2020

13 by whitebeartigtig »»
Yesterday, 1:55 PM

Poll: » Sousou no Frieren Chapter 1 Discussion

orangeskull - May 28, 2020

25 by whitebeartigtig »»
Yesterday, 1:44 PM

Poll: » Sousou no Frieren Chapter 67 Discussion

LastLuminescence - Sep 28, 2021

12 by anii_squid »»
Jul 22, 1:35 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.