Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Feb 16, 5:23 PM
Mar 2023
My initial thought after Sense explained the second exam took place in a dungeon was Dungeon Meshi! other than that, it was a great episode. the ending was amazing!
Feb 16, 5:26 PM
Aug 2023
ABSOLUTE PEAK! I was expecting something, but that ending took me by surprise
Feb 16, 5:36 PM
Nov 2019
I really liked it this episode - really funny that she fell for a mimic again, but more importantly, the introduction of the mimics and that cliffhanger at the end is one of the best "it's over" moments I've seen in a while. This second test's already shaping up to be really good.
Feb 16, 5:40 PM
Pirate King
Feb 2021
Start of the second exam and someone already had to break the glass and drop out of the exam. Just goes to show how intense this second exam is. Denken couldn’t match Frieren in his first match up against her so I’m excited to see how his group matches up against her. Whether she mops the floor with them or they are able to skate by the next episode will definitely be a nail biter and keep everyone on the edge of their seats 💺
Feb 16, 5:44 PM
Feb 2021
I AM SO EAGER TO WATCH THE NEXT BATTLE
Feb 16, 5:47 PM

Mar 2008
I'm trying to figure what group I would have went with. I thought Denken's proposition was rational ....but on the other hand if I went with Frieren I would get to push her butt to help her out of mimics soooo......

Those magic clones seem like real trouble. Though I'd question if these are truly perfect clones in every instance.
Feb 16, 5:51 PM

Jul 2016
Frieren so OP author had to come up with Magic Clones to finally give her a proper adversary lol. F in advance for Denken's group, I guess.
Also she really be like: "99% risk, 1% faith" with the Mimics, huh? Can't believe she had an "Urusei Yatsura's Mendou" moment, by the way.

Excited for next episode.
Feb 16, 5:52 PM
Nov 2023
How many of the guys watching this saw the mimic scene and couldn’t help thinking what a great ‘stuck in the washing machine’ pron cosplay version was possible 😂
Sorry, someone had to say it .
But that was just perfect, funny, emotional and ending with the most terrifying boss level ever!
Feb 16, 6:06 PM

Feb 2012
Laufen's expression change at the end set the mood so good

Feb 16, 6:11 PM
May 2021
Of course Frieren would get her own boss music😁
Feb 16, 6:19 PM
Jun 2022
I Love frieren fridays with my whole being. Quickly becoming my favorite anime!
Feb 16, 6:22 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Just when Denken thought its gonna be an easy-peasy second test just because they were working together. Big boss Frieren coming out lmao. Richter even said a real question there, but the true question must be who's the one created all those magic clone?

In any case, Frieren part always be interesting, and those kind proctor really not choosing a wrong group to stick around. Because no way mc got a bad omen, right? Well aside some of the random mimics here and there? There's no need to be worried about. Still tho, interesting who's gonna be the replica they need to defeat? Since Frieren already on Denken side, i assume their opponent shall be the proctor. Joking. Ofc its Fern, you fools xd.

Can't wait to see the newly pv part where Denken avoid all those Frieren replica attacks, and ofc for the other side of the other mages, fighting their own replicas. Can they survive? Let's see next.
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Feb 16, 6:27 PM
May 2017
Another excellent episode! Frieren is the ultimate adversary even when it is not herself but a doppelgänger.

Who had bad luck enough to face Fern's doppelgänger?
Mene, mene, tekel, parsin
Feb 16, 6:32 PM

Mar 2008

Whyyyy??????????

Press the Windows key and press Print Screen saves a screenshot as a PNG file in a folder in your photos labelled "screenshots"

Some video players also have their own keyboard shotcuts that creates a screenshot of a vid in a different folder.
Feb 16, 6:33 PM

Mar 2007
It's a good old dungeon crawl! I'm only surprised not many people chose to work together, when Denken offered this suggestion.

Now that they're against the Freiren clone, what the heck will they do? Is 4 vs. 1 enough?
Feb 16, 6:49 PM
Oct 2021
The only way they can all survive this "Frieren final Boss" is if this clone doesnt have the complete amount of mana that Frieren actually has but continues to suppress.
If it somehow has the outrageous amount that Frieren really possesses... they're screwed.
Feb 16, 6:50 PM

Jan 2011
i dont see how they can beat the Frieren clone, maybe if they find the sorcerer who created it instead
Feb 16, 6:54 PM
Dec 2021
nice arc, simply elegant.
Feb 16, 7:05 PM

Mar 2020
Exploring dungeon is always the best. Sheesh and the fight scenes are always fire.
Oppai check!

111 cm: Hancock
110 cm: Zoro
100 cm: Robin
Feb 16, 7:07 PM
Aug 2022
another absolute fucking banger of an episode

frieren clone about to fuck it up
Feb 16, 7:07 PM

May 2015
Himmel needs that 100% dungeon completion rate. I relate to his grind! Things got a whole lot more interesting when it turns out the dungeon creates doppelgangers of you with your exact memories and abilities. Evil dungeon monster Frieren is a really scary idea.
Feb 16, 7:08 PM

May 2014
The ending was so epic!!
Feb 16, 7:17 PM

Feb 2011
Frieren in a mimic.. oh man, if i were there i'd take full advantage ngl

and frieren as a clone.. oh man, those guys are screwed, Frieren normally uses only basic magic.. but she's lived for thousands of years. the clone could unleash any crazy magic she knows.

hopefully the see through clothes magic on Ubel UNFFF

Feb 16, 7:23 PM

Oct 2014
Also...

Death from above :)
Avatar: Anzu Kadotani from Girls und Panzer.

Feb 16, 7:27 PM

Nov 2009
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

let's go. That cliffhanger!

The rest of the episode was nice.
Now we know how Frireren got out of those mimics. lol
Himmel my man. His wisdom is indeed vast. Always clear the entire floor before going to the next level.

They really got me with that preview. Still a bit concerned though. A fight against Frieren's doppelganger. Though Frieren did lose 11 time before.
Feb 16, 7:35 PM
Jan 2023
such a good set up ep
Feb 16, 7:57 PM
Jan 2024
ITS A DAMN MASTER PIECE!!!
Feb 16, 8:07 PM

Jul 2008
Frieren meet mimic...
Feb 16, 8:21 PM

Apr 2022
Amazing episode, this test was much better paced than the bird one
Feb 16, 8:41 PM
Apr 2021
traed said:

Whyyyy??????????

Press the Windows key and press Print Screen saves a screenshot as a PNG file in a folder in your photos labelled "screenshots"

Some video players also have their own keyboard shotcuts that creates a screenshot of a vid in a different folder.

because my account MAL in my smartphone and in that time i just think to hurry up give my opinion in forums discuss frieren this episode
Feb 16, 8:50 PM
Apr 2022
seeing frieren as denken's group's last boss in the dungeon got me goosebumps lol
Feb 16, 8:55 PM
Nov 2023
Denken is always haunted by frieren LOL...
Feb 16, 8:59 PM
Nov 2016
This episode is awesome and all but it still baffles me how those mages chose to go alone, all of them should work together, the old man is the rational one in the whole group.
Feb 16, 9:22 PM
Certified Simp

Feb 2017
AHHH that ending!!!! This is SO good
Frieren stays 10/10 baby wow
Feb 16, 10:37 PM

Mar 2022
Yeah... good luck with Frieren clone.
The battle will be legendary.
In a world without love, death means nothing.
Feb 16, 10:40 PM
Apr 2023
This episode is amazing!!!
Feb 16, 10:41 PM
Apr 2023
Frieren never learns from its mistakes.
Feb 16, 10:44 PM
Apr 2023
Reply to Embient
3:35 Lernen is learn, study

9:06 *Frieren when she hears the word "grimoire"*. I really hope people will use this in memes lol

11:33 LMAO Frieren with the mimic XD. She's reacting exactly like Mendo from Urusei Yatsura. This is probably the most emotion we've heard in her voice so far.

Frieren not having good fight animation challenge (impossible). Seriously, it's so consistently good.
I'm surprised that Frieren doesn't have magic that can instantly dry your hair
15:28 Frieren-ojou-sama!

She's like a rpg player who collects anything and everything on her way lol (totally not me in Terraria)
Ohhhh, the clones are really cool!
20:52 Bro I just saw this manga panel today and thought that I spoiled myself that Laufen will die in this arc. Thank god.

...oh god, Frieren's clone will be an absolute monster. Genuinely horrifying.
I'm so excited for this arc
@Embient That darksouls boss music at the end gave me goosebumps, for real... I cant wait to see how they will handle that

Feb 16, 11:01 PM
Feb 2020
i almost came in my peanits
Oct 2018
"It's dark and scary in here!" That always cracks me up.
Also Himmel has a kind of gamer like attitude to dungeons I think.
Feb 2023
Emotionalllllll
Feb 16, 11:47 PM
Feb 2021
now that's a game mechanic, your opponent to beat the dungeon is the most powerful person in your party
Feb 16, 11:56 PM
Aug 2020
it's tickling my hypothalamus
Feb 17, 12:11 AM
Oct 2016
Once again, frieren and her quirks in mimics
Feb 17, 12:31 AM
May 2018
love it
actually beutiful
Feb 17, 12:49 AM

Mar 2020
The dungeon awaits the test-takers, with Denken's group facing a tough foe...

For an introduction episode to the second stage of the exam, this was a very solid buildup episode that had a good mixture of comedy and action. With the next segment of the first-class mage exam underway, it seems like a very physically and mentally demanding test for all the remaining participants. As Sense said, first-class mages can make the impossible possible, and as this is an exam for the best of the best, of course it'll be difficult, and that's the point. The fact that the characters will likely have to face off against replicas of other characters is quite an interesting concept, and it excites me!
Feb 17, 1:32 AM
Oct 2020
what a episode. the fear in the clone frieren scene broke the 4th wall for me literally!
Feb 17, 1:50 AM
Dec 2021
Not gonna lie, even if the episodes were 24 hours long instead of 24 minutes, I could watch them without getting tierd.
Feb 17, 2:17 AM

Oct 2007
Fern pulling session. The sound Frieren make while being pulled from the mimic, feels like someone who is getting tortured. Sense looks shocked at what's happening in front of her. LOL
anyway, it's impressive how Frieren knew Sense was about to step on a trap... even if Sense was walking behind them.

oh, and noticed that Richter has a more cheerful atmosphere. Less grumpy, and he actually smiles now. Maybe he has learned to trust Denken and Laufen.
unfortunately, it seems Lawinne and Kanne still remember the time Richter tried to kill them during the first test. So the situation still feels a bit awkward. Would have been better if the two of them had just joined Denken's big party.

Laufen is good at fighting. Why did she not fight Frieren in the first test? Just allowed the elf to tie her to a tree..

anyway, looking forward to next week!
I like this anime so much.
Feb 17, 2:18 AM
Apr 2023
BROOO THE ENDING IS JUST MATERPIECES 😭
Pages (7) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sousou no Frieren Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 2

273 by Arxanum »»
12 minutes ago

Poll: » Sousou no Frieren Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 1, 2023

232 by Vindicater »»
4 hours ago

Poll: » Sousou no Frieren Episode 28 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Mar 22

830 by Johe7 »»
7 hours ago

» When will S2 happen ;__;

FrierenSimpKing - May 29

29 by Yoshun1738 »»
8 hours ago

Poll: » Sousou no Frieren Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 26

270 by Arxanum »»
Yesterday, 1:26 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.