Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »
Feb 11, 10:11 AM

Jun 2015
People who likes this slop are the reasion why the anime industry is a joke.
Feb 11, 10:23 AM
Oct 2019
Пиздатая концовка и наконец-то намёки на жёсткую серую мораль
Feb 11, 10:34 AM
May 2021
This episode took everything that was amazing about the fight in the anime and perfectly molded it to fit the new medium, this episode was truly excellent. they added tid bits of dialogue that weren't present in the manwha that I could've done without but they didn't have a negative impact by any means.
Feb 11, 11:13 AM
Dec 2020
insane, if the studio kept this work up, easily top 5 anime of the year.
Feb 11, 11:14 AM

Jul 2022
It's evident that Jin-Woo has strengthened to the point of being able to defeat the dungeon boss on his own. It was quite satisfying to see Jin-Woo kill those Hunters; although it seemed strange that the system forced him to do so. Some other characters who will be important in the future are also being introduced.

It's good that Jin-Woo has realized the reality of the world he lives in... What happens in the dungeon stays in the dungeon.
Feb 11, 11:26 AM
Jul 2023
mid as fuck

i was thinking ``oh this has to be cool if that many people are talking soo good about the manwa``

i was not that good, feels generic besides the start

its not bat too, is just mid
Feb 11, 11:27 AM

May 2018
Damn that was some action, need more of Jin Woo. I wonder if hes Rank A or B if he managed to beat an rank C player

"Don't give up after failing just twice.
We'll be able to do it next time.
Failure is the stepping stone to success."

Feb 11, 11:39 AM

Nov 2017
The 1vs6 is sensational! He really shut Dong Suk up! However, it's a shame that the translation doesn't measure up in French on Crunchyroll.
Feb 11, 11:52 AM
Level 6 esper

May 2021
Hype episode! Loved it!
LEVEL UP!
“Do what feels right in your heart. You will be criticized either way.” (Eleanor Roosevelt)
Feb 11, 12:05 PM

Sep 2012
Awesome, perfect adaptation, and soundtrack is amazing !!!
Feb 11, 12:12 PM

Nov 2008
Very cool action and some important worldbuilding hints, but the way this episode was directed was possibly worst so far, due to two key scenes.

First was the moment when Jin-Woo is puzzled by why Jin-Ho behaved strangely after he took down the spider. Mate, you just took out a boss way beyond your level and you seriously don't know? I'd buy that if it was in character for the MC, but so far he was portrayed as a very level-headed, observant guy, who should clearly pick up on such obvious hints. Before anyone says this was the same in the original - it's the director's task to modify such small, but clearly conflicting scenes if the overall picture benefits from it.

The second was the association girl stating the obvious after the battle. Does the director seriously think the audience is not clever enough to see the way this event would be seen by people? It was almost insulting to the viewer, as if someone was reading a narrative summery aloud. It should have been either cut entirely, or have the girl's wording significantly rephrased.

Feb 11, 12:14 PM

Jul 2020
that's a neat skill he just got on ep 6 and will prove useful if something like that happens again that said episode 6 was a great episode and I hope it'll get even better on the following episodes.
Feb 11, 12:20 PM
EOussama

Dec 2016
Juicy episode, Jin Woo will have to level up fast before the brother catches up.
Feb 11, 12:59 PM
Aug 2019
If u are hunters than get ready to be hunted!
Feb 11, 1:01 PM

Nov 2018
The voice actor of Sung Jin-Woo in this episode deserves a lot of praise.
Feb 11, 1:41 PM
Apr 2023
insert song

Feb 11, 2:29 PM
Jul 2023
.............eee
Feb 11, 2:32 PM
Jan 2018
GOOOOD!! VERY GOOOD
Feb 11, 3:07 PM

Aug 2022
First of all, I love Hiroyuki Sawano's OST. It just goes hard when it needs to, but Sung Jinwoo's VA performance has really been a standout as well. He's truly delivering here! As for the episode itself, it's funny how Dongsuk's arguing was literally pointless. Sung had to kill then or die himself. Not really much of a choice there. Sure, it got dark, but those assholes deserved it, though I still kinda feel bad for Jinwoo. I hope the rich boy eventually learns not to be afraid of him. I liked that he stood up for him. A lot of anime go with the 'rich and stupid' personality, so I was glad to see this one didn’t follow that pattern. He checked the contract for errors, immediately took up the role of an errand boy upon realizing his level disparity with the MC, was ready to raise his sword against the Dongsuk gang when they arrived, and also kept his mouth shut and his smile wide. I also see why it’s so easy to get away with murder in these dungeons, lol. 'So all the strong people in your party died but you two weak guys survived? Oh, I guess it's because you had that cool sword. Ok, checks out!' Sureee lol 🤣
Feb 11, 3:14 PM
Sep 2022
ke encantó como mató a todos, soñao
Feb 11, 3:16 PM
Nov 2014
The OST in this episode really helped set the tone and made it much more interesting to watch what happened to the characters (iykyk)
Feb 11, 3:18 PM

Sep 2020
I see people still being impatient with the show

just let it do its thing fam
Feb 11, 3:24 PM
Feb 2023
Radical_Orion said:
An other boring episode. Main character doesn't face any moral dilemma or adversity.
Killing people in self-defense, what's the big deal, that's not a dilemma, it's just common sense.
Cringe dialogues straight out of a fan fic.
That killing scene with the pop music was unbearably corny, like a scene from some outdated direct-to-video action movie from the 80s. Really hard to watch.
Steven Seagal would be proud.
This show seems to take itself quite seriously for something that laughable, I don't know what to think, is it supposed to be satire?

This is the kind of show that makes me embarassed to be an anime fan.
2/10 so far, hopefully it takes off in the remaining episodes

I sometimes only come back to see your hating but this one was funny since the music wasn’t even pop LMAO
Feb 11, 3:28 PM
Jan 2021
I'm kind off at a loss for words, that got dark.
Feb 11, 3:30 PM
Feb 2023
SlopGuzzler69 said:
I love how the show tries to give itself a smidgen of tension by introducing fatigue, which we'd never been introduced too - only to erase the tension with a massive ass-pull of 'Instant Recovery' which we've also never been introduced too. This truly is based on the best manhwa of all time. /s

It was shown literally in episode 3… Dude hasn’t been paying attention when he was training and regained his fatigue afterwards with reward system.
Feb 11, 3:34 PM
Apr 2021
Good fighting scenes, some hype and all. But some things are lost... how come he can't see the name or the color of the boss? how come he doesn't see it any more for anything else? Seems some mechanics have been abandoned, losing some coherence.

Still it's a showy shonnen with the whole underdog fantasy.
Feb 11, 4:14 PM
Dec 2020
The ending was insane
Feb 11, 5:52 PM

Oct 2022
The show is getting better, THANK GOD. The OST when Jin-woo slayed those bastards is very good. Also he is one of the few MCs that actually getting rid of bastards (looking at shounen and isekai MCs)

It seemed that people still doesn't like it and express their hate that it's a power fantasy...

Feb 11, 7:17 PM
Jan 2024
The animation was so good and the OST played at the best part.
Feb 11, 8:56 PM

Feb 2019
I loved this episode, the production was awesome which is perfect for a power fantasy anime such as solo leveling. AWESOME OST TOO!
“Listen well, we are different than regular people because we are born with special powers. But that shouldn’t give you the illusion that you’re a special being. We are part of humanity. Besides our rare power, we are no different than them. People who run fast, people who can sing well, people who study hard, people who are funny, and people with psychic powers. Are we different from them? Having confidence in your strength, is good thing but do not get carried away. Our powers are a dangerous weapon.” – Reigen Arataka
Feb 11, 9:37 PM
Mar 2015
Our boi showed his mettle he can kill people if faced with death
Feb 11, 10:49 PM

Apr 2016
Reply to Confused_100
Radical_Orion said:
An other boring episode. Main character doesn't face any moral dilemma or adversity.
Killing people in self-defense, what's the big deal, that's not a dilemma, it's just common sense.
Cringe dialogues straight out of a fan fic.
That killing scene with the pop music was unbearably corny, like a scene from some outdated direct-to-video action movie from the 80s. Really hard to watch.
Steven Seagal would be proud.
This show seems to take itself quite seriously for something that laughable, I don't know what to think, is it supposed to be satire?

This is the kind of show that makes me embarassed to be an anime fan.
2/10 so far, hopefully it takes off in the remaining episodes

I sometimes only come back to see your hating but this one was funny since the music wasn’t even pop LMAO
@Confused_100 You always come back only for my takes because your subconscious knows better and is telling you to face the truth.
Listen to your inner voice. Deep down, my reviews are more entertaining and convey more emotions than the show itself. Just admit it!
It was literally typical emo pop music for teenage girls, nothing wrong with that though. :)
Radical_OrionFeb 11, 10:55 PM
Feb 11, 11:16 PM
Oct 2023
It had good action scenes and had decent content.
Feb 11, 11:38 PM
Aug 2020
The studious has done a great job with the animation and the ost used in background is very great. overall the anime will have a great future if they animate the story according to manga.
Feb 12, 1:40 AM

Dec 2010
For once we don't end on a very annoying cliffhanger. Is this the first time that "you don't know who my (insert relative) is" is ever going to come into play?

Jin-Woo brought up a very good point. For what purpose is the System trying to use him? This is the point where the story starts really picking up my interest. Being used by a System, so powerful that one has no choice but to concede control over their actions/freedom to, is one of my favourite concepts (think Darker than Black/Code:Breaker).
Feb 12, 2:30 AM
Nov 2023
gautrstafr said:
Good fighting scenes, some hype and all. But some things are lost... how come he can't see the name or the color of the boss? how come he doesn't see it any more for anything else? Seems some mechanics have been abandoned, losing some coherence.

Still it's a showy shonnen with the whole underdog fantasy.

He can see the color of the boss inside the special dungeons.Not in the real world
Feb 12, 3:19 AM

Mar 2008
What kind of shitty system is that, it better be actually measuring actual intents of people not just randomly picking people to kill for any reason lol
Feb 12, 4:30 AM

Aug 2019
Reply to traed
What kind of shitty system is that, it better be actually measuring actual intents of people not just randomly picking people to kill for any reason lol
traed said:

It's not random. The system got triggered by the extreme amount of blood lust towards the player.
Blood lust and killing intent can be sensed.
Feb 12, 4:35 AM
Feb 2024
Peak animation, the soundtrack during the fight was cool 😎. Few frames reminded me of the manga panels.
Feb 12, 5:01 AM

Jun 2017
Reply to Nycro
People who likes this slop are the reasion why the anime industry is a joke.
@Nycro u dropped it at 4th episode. why are you even here lil bro.
Feb 12, 5:08 AM

May 2015
Probably the darkest episode of the series.
Feb 12, 5:48 AM
Aug 2021
OMDS. MID-LEVELING JUST BECAME HYPE-LEVELING. First of all our boy went crazy against the spider but that plot armour came through😂 He just happened to save a full recovery granted that is very smart of him. Secondly, after he got caught lacking that internal speech was phenomenal. The way his voice changes when he talks to himself sends chills down my spine. The second speech against the strike team also went hard. "Are you prepared to become prey?". Then HE JUST BODIES EVERYBODY, LIKE LET'S FLIPPING GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Feb 12, 6:28 AM

Oct 2016
Amazing animation with a very beautiful soundtrack. Any fears I had about this series is gone because they are definitely doing the manhwa justice. (8.5/10)
Feb 12, 6:39 AM

Sep 2018
Sung is so obnoxious and stupid, it's really hard to watch :
Giant plated spider boss -> first reaction, Attacks legs -> Attacks head and FINALLY Attacks eyes

I don't even know how i finished the manwha years ago
Feb 12, 7:39 AM

Dec 2022
Dayum this episode sure does leveled up way more than the previous one with good build up to Jinwoo being cold and ruthless and all.

+ OST was good when my man starts his silent rampage heh.

Feb 12, 8:21 AM

Jan 2018
Easily the best episode so far
Feb 12, 8:31 AM

Sep 2023
Epic music when Sung was fighting some humanoidal enemies
Feb 12, 9:00 AM
Feb 2021
These lines "I have been leveling up this entire time."
Feb 12, 9:15 AM
May 2016
The pacing was horrendous, them randomly cutting to big boss grandpa or three girls drinking coffee did the action scenes a huge disservice and it's not like they brought anything useful to the episode either, anime-onlys don't even know who those people are and all they've been doing is casually yapping exposition to each other for no reason other than to stretch the episode's length.

The fight scenes were alright and the insert song was great, but God did those cuts piss me off.
Feb 12, 9:33 AM
Feb 2017
just insane, the feels, emotion, everything about it
Pages (9) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Which k-pop artist do you want to do the op for the next season.

Hickykissy - Sep 16

15 by JCSL »»
Yesterday, 12:32 AM

» Jeju Island is already been animated.

Hickykissy - Sep 17

7 by Philadelphia07 »»
Sep 17, 6:14 AM

Poll: » 【Lyric Video】 『4eVR』 Hiroyuki SAWANO feat. Benjamin&mpi, Laco from 『Ore dake Level Up na Ken』

LittleStar - Sep 16

4 by deg »»
Sep 16, 11:38 PM

Poll: » Ore dake Level Up na Ken Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Yuyuichi - Mar 30

438 by AJpurple »»
Sep 16, 1:58 PM

Poll: » Ore dake Level Up na Ken Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 23

313 by AJpurple »»
Sep 16, 1:28 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.