Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Feb 7, 8:22 AM

Nov 2011
This episode/show still has tons of mysteries.

Graufon Berg is an example of his and hard to read. Not going to lie, I felt this episode was very eerie from Rogue's perspective. Her conflicted feelings are part of her nature. My favorite part is Rogue saving Naomi from Opera. Though the fight isn't groundbreaking or anything, she stands by her side.
Feb 7, 9:45 AM

Feb 2021
Rouge's "dreams" look so cool ngl. I love how it's all jumbled up.
15:03 Daaamn there is so much movement here!
And another unexpected member of Immortal Nine!
Was good to finally see some backstory, but I want m o r e.
Feb 7, 9:54 AM
Jul 2023
So many informations to digest.
The half truth behind Rogue backstory and The Immortal Nine supposed goal.

So as many questions arise,
Who or What is Juniod, Jean true reason for hunting down The Immortal Nine, Puppeteer & Usurpers plan for the copy of Rouge, Eden’s intentions and does he also a part of Giallon scheme.
MainnusFeb 7, 10:09 AM
Feb 7, 10:03 AM

Mar 2021
Nice episode I enjoyed learning about Rouge's backstory although it now raises more questions than answers
Feb 7, 12:27 PM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
this is such a 2005-2009 anime lol
Feb 7, 12:41 PM

Feb 2019
Damn we got a lot of interesting Rogue backstory in this one. A lot of show not tell. But honestly I came out with more questions than answers about the Neans, Junoid, the immortal nine, usurpers, all the other factions. It’s all a bit convoluted and I really think this series will need some spin off LNs or other media to really flesh out this world. It’ll be a lot to solve in 6 episodes

Some solid action and world building as usual and of course I loved Naomi and Rogue’s chemistry again in this episode. I just wish I was big brained enough to know what the hell is going on
Marinate1016Feb 7, 1:03 PM
Feb 7, 12:41 PM

Sep 2018
Fuck, an exhausting watch, worst episode yet. They really threw in an abstract "exploring one's mind" artsy fartsy episode, I don't fucking care enough about anything that's happening or any character yet lol...
Feb 7, 12:52 PM

Nov 2020
XDD it's so strange that this guy always appears so randomly, he's 100% one of those hunted androids (I thought so at first and it turned out I was right) but it was strange when halfway through the episode with the numb animation it suddenly started to be very smooth in action with this blue haired girl. The action is nice as always, but overall a very strange episode
Feb 7, 1:44 PM
May 2021
I feel like the story is all of the place, dont even know what’s happening like what direction is this anime heading towards?
Feb 7, 1:55 PM
Nov 2023

My interpretation of this line is that cockroaches are unkillable to the point that it's one of the few, if not the the only current Earth species still alive when the show takes place.
Imagine what would have happened on Earth during the interstellar war with the Usupers.
This line implies that whatever you just imagined, a cockroach can survive it!
gorkthe134thFeb 7, 2:04 PM
Feb 7, 2:12 PM
Aug 2023
The first half of that episode felt like a literal fever dream. The second half flashed a bit of that bones budget that most ppl know very well. So far the story/theme shares some similarities with Detroit: Become Human. Rouge is constantly questioning whether she can ever truly be fully autonomous and it looks like it’ll only weigh on her more going forward
Feb 7, 2:44 PM
Feb 2012
This show is absolutely nuts.
I love shows that show don't tell, but I get the feel this is bordering on too much showing, and not enough telling at this point.
No idea what they want to do, or who they are. No idea where they come from, no idea why the Immortal Nine must die.
No idea about anything apart from Naomi being best girl of the season.
Feb 7, 3:15 PM
Nov 2019
Guys, deadass, is this good? If so, I'll give it a try. I've never watched an anime this new lmao
Feb 7, 3:29 PM
Jun 2022
okay i liked this ep
still no idea whats the story tho
but im willing to find out
Feb 7, 3:35 PM

Mar 2021
Carnival dreamscapes are the best dreamscapes ^^

Is anyone keeping a tally of how often they save each other lol

Jaron and Eden are the more interesting among the Immortal Nine, looking forward to learning more about Rouge's family :D
Feb 7, 4:10 PM

Dec 2021
Man, the character acting in this episode was just insane. The animation has been pretty good in previous episodes, but they really nailed it this time.

I'm really loving this anime, but I gotta say, the pacing feels a bit strange. I mean, last episode ended with the circus heading towards the facility, and now they've already kidnapped both Rouge and Verde. It feels like things are moving too fast.

Feb 7, 4:48 PM
May 2017
Reply to gorkthe134th

My interpretation of this line is that cockroaches are unkillable to the point that it's one of the few, if not the the only current Earth species still alive when the show takes place.
Imagine what would have happened on Earth during the interstellar war with the Usupers.
This line implies that whatever you just imagined, a cockroach can survive it!
@gorkthe134th Have you ever seen a cockroach swarm?
leonardobarbaFeb 7, 5:13 PM
Mene, mene, tekel, parsin
Feb 7, 4:56 PM
Apr 2022
i'm just gonna pretend i know what's going on, Rogue looks cute as always
Feb 7, 5:00 PM
May 2017
What an excellent episode! The series makes me feel at home.

Mene, mene, tekel, parsin
Feb 7, 5:13 PM

May 2019
Decent episode with great action scenes but convoluted storyline. I think that a reason that Rouge is going after the Immortal Nine was because they supposedly killed her father but I believe that was mentioned in a dream so who knows if that's true plus there's a chance that the Puppeteer guy may have been manipulating Rouge to get whatever he was after.
Alfredo-SauceFeb 7, 5:16 PM
Feb 7, 5:28 PM

Jan 2011
odd pacing aside which has been a thing with this show my head hurts with this fever dream because there's enough there to pick apart of what is real but im just gonna sip some tea and let this show do it's thing

Eden shows up and takes what he wants and then leaves
Feb 7, 5:56 PM
Apr 2021
What in the Neon Genesis Evangelion episodes 25 and 26 fuck did I just watch?
Feb 7, 6:00 PM
Oct 2017
another week another metallic rouge formulaic episodes
90% yap session 5% good action sequence 5% some very bad inbetweens

also Norimitsu Suzuki on that naomi gun sequence? twas very good
Feb 7, 6:05 PM

May 2015
Ok this just straight up turned Ergo Proxy weird...and I love it.
Feb 7, 6:19 PM
Nov 2023
So hard to pick up the plot on a one ep a week basis, this is a show to put on hold and watch all at once when it’s finished…
Feb 7, 7:09 PM

Nov 2023
I was confused watching the first half, not gonna lie. I was able to piece everything together afterwards, but there was just a lot of stuff to understand.

We got Rogue's background, or some of it, and more information about the Immortal Nine.
Feb 7, 7:14 PM

Dec 2022
I think we're getting a little bit of a play on words here when Rouge picks up an I.D. I thought it was strange when they were calling it an "id" earlier in the series too. The core principal of the show seems to be about desire, which is being labelled as freedom when major characters talk about it so far in the series. I wouldn't be surprised to find out that the I.D.s are actually "ids", and that the conscience of the Nean's are still available in those little orbs...

Feb 7, 7:37 PM

Oct 2022
Clown girls animation was crazy. Looks like things are heating up.
Feb 7, 8:27 PM
Mar 2015
Rouge has a psychodelic visit to wonderfland
Feb 7, 8:45 PM

Jul 2012
Reply to EcchiGodMamster
this is such a 2005-2009 anime lol
@EcchiGodMamster This is exactly how I feel. We've had so many other sci-fi shows do this stuff better in the last 20 years and this just feels like nostalgia pandering for people who "like anime" and have only seen enough to count on two hands. 'From the producers who watched Cowboy Bebop' and forgot to have any likable characters.
NeneauxFeb 7, 8:48 PM
Feb 7, 8:47 PM

Nov 2022
Interesting, I'm assuming here but those are the nean liberator guys, and they wanted her code that allowed for her to fight and live a more normal life than the rest of the nean's. If that's the case, will we see more combat or a nean war break out, it's interesting not having a reference material for this.
Feb 7, 8:48 PM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
Reply to Neneaux
@EcchiGodMamster This is exactly how I feel. We've had so many other sci-fi shows do this stuff better in the last 20 years and this just feels like nostalgia pandering for people who "like anime" and have only seen enough to count on two hands. 'From the producers who watched Cowboy Bebop' and forgot to have any likable characters.
@Neneaux

i was just saying...

aint nothing wrong with going with nostalgia

im glad to know they still make anime that feel like shows that came out 10-20 years ago, cause this seems like something that would have come on Anime Unleashed on TechTV or when anime was on the Syfy channel in the early/mid 2000s

BUT

i DO agree this show is honestly kinda meh... its just too "safe" for me
Feb 7, 8:48 PM

Jul 2017
Wellstown is in quite a mess, and Naomi is searching for Rouge, though it seems like she's wandered into dreamland.

Quite the backstory on Rouge as both Naomi and Eden Varock manages to get access into the circus through bribery, though they soon assimilate that the Usurpers had something to do with their situation. Even as is with Gene Junghardt being her adoptive big brother, and Rouge being a betrayal to Neans of her kind, she's a killer of her own accord. But with their father killed by the Immortal Nine, both Gene and Rouge have essentially been assassinators, with this Code Eve stuck within Rouge herself. And here, the Puppetmaster is trying to save people like Rouge, when in reality, they're acting the opposite once they manage to find their objective. And a Gladiator saving both girls so that Rouge can focus on her fight with the troupe girl Opera, they at least managed to escape, though she will come back for them soon once she's matured.

This was an eye-opener episode to get to understand Rouge better, and her thought process of being the Nean that is looked for and against the population.
Feb 7, 8:54 PM

Jul 2012
Reply to EcchiGodMamster
@Neneaux

i was just saying...

aint nothing wrong with going with nostalgia

im glad to know they still make anime that feel like shows that came out 10-20 years ago, cause this seems like something that would have come on Anime Unleashed on TechTV or when anime was on the Syfy channel in the early/mid 2000s

BUT

i DO agree this show is honestly kinda meh... its just too "safe" for me
@EcchiGodMamster Considering Pluto came out recently, if you watched that it just makes this show feels super dumb like it's trying to hit similar notes but wants to be super vague by just omitting a shit ton of details.
Feb 7, 9:11 PM

Oct 2022
That classical Clair de lune by Debussy btw, really like it.
Feb 7, 9:16 PM

Oct 2022
Naomi is super hot, such a delicious choco-coffee waifu
god damnit, just make her gay already
Feb 7, 9:16 PM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
Reply to Neneaux
@EcchiGodMamster Considering Pluto came out recently, if you watched that it just makes this show feels super dumb like it's trying to hit similar notes but wants to be super vague by just omitting a shit ton of details.
@Neneaux

nah, never watched pluto, didn't see enough girls lol... then again, the girls are pretty lacking here too, at least in the way i want them

but its kinda hard to tell whats going on in this show and it definitely don't feel like yuri-bait
Feb 7, 9:27 PM

Dec 2022
The carnival people straight up had to be the aliens, I am fairly sure.
My only regret this episode is that the combat goth chick flew off in the spaceship so I assume she's out of the story for now.
Feb 7, 9:39 PM

Jul 2021
Art and animation were pretty rough in a lot of places but very good in others, sometimes alternating cut-to-cut. I was getting whiplash.

Cool-looking clown/puppet imagery. Loved how strange the pig-tail clown girl moved in the beginning of the fight.
Feb 7, 9:48 PM

Nov 2022
The very start confused the heck out of me, thought I somehow missed an episode lol.
Feb 7, 9:49 PM

Jul 2021
Reply to Bananko00
Guys, deadass, is this good? If so, I'll give it a try. I've never watched an anime this new lmao
@Bananko00 Very hard to say. People seem pretty divided.

It's difficult to nail down what the show is trying to do. Kinda confusing and lots of questions. Most of us here are just enjoying the ride, I think.

Watch a trailer, and try it out if you like the art style. If not sure, wait till it finishes airing and look up some reviews then.
Feb 7, 10:23 PM

Oct 2022
The little disjointed bits of Rouge's memories are really intriguing, and I'm guessing the other "sister"/blue-haired Rouge was some kind of original human version before the Rouge we kno was made.

Feb 7, 10:40 PM

Dec 2022
Amazing dream / memory sequence and we've got some absolutely cool as shit antagonists now, Bones doesn't miss.
Feb 8, 1:50 AM
Nov 2023
Reply to leonardobarba
@gorkthe134th Have you ever seen a cockroach swarm?
@leonardobarba Thankfully I have not seen a whole swarm irl, but a sigle cockroach is enough to traumatize someone for life!
Feb 8, 3:30 AM
Jan 2020
Now this is really be beginning to feel like something BONES would make in the 2000s
Feb 8, 5:07 AM

Oct 2022
The whole fight with the circus lady had some sick animation, and we're getting more hints with the Usurper stuff. Things are coming together in interesting ways and we're still early in, I love this anime so far.
UndefeatedBahamut
Feb 8, 6:35 AM
Apr 2021
Nahhhhhh bro WTF was that first half of the episode every one of Rouge’s memories were all jumbled up mixed up like a remix I couldn’t even understand what the fuck was going on until it was revealed that it was the puppet master (whoever that nigga is💀) who was making her dream like that which was SOOOOO trippy my brain couldn’t keep it together🤣🤣🤣🤣

The animation with Naomi shooting the twin tail gothic girl was so fucking amazing and when Rouge punched her the animation was amazing as well idk what bones did with this second half but they were cooking😫🔥

The Black Gladiator being the black dude was a shocker to me I did NOT KNOW bro had a mecha type power up like Rouge, my bro wasn’t just all talk after all

I’m definitely liking this show I’m pretty sure why it’s not well liked in this comment section is bc some of you ppl aren’t paying attention to the lines and aren’t patient enough to wait for the rest of the episode to drop🤷🏽‍♂️
Feb 8, 6:50 AM
Apr 2021
i truly loved this ep, the first part reminded me of Perfect Blue
Feb 8, 7:00 AM
Dec 2023
Good mixture of fighting and flashbacks
Feb 8, 7:00 AM

Dec 2022
I knew that guy was one of the 9 and poor Rouge having almost everyone manipulate her one way or another.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Metallic Rouge Episode 12 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 27

39 by DisposableHeroB »»
Jun 2, 11:38 AM

» Is bones Studio still a big studio ?

Badrkate - Apr 28

23 by tanjim_ahsan16 »»
May 28, 7:46 AM

Poll: » Metallic Rouge Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 3

110 by Deviiilchan »»
May 24, 1:13 PM

Poll: » Metallic Rouge Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 13

36 by Fortress_Maximus »»
May 20, 12:10 PM

Poll: » Metallic Rouge Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jan 10

235 by ICEE_BR »»
May 18, 8:38 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.