Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (7) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Jan 26, 1:06 AM

Mar 2008
Reply to bevarnow
@traed Well some do, I do not cosplay with the helmets in my collection (except the two times I did). And yea thats honestly fair. Pocketknives would be a good investment maybe.
@bevarnow
I meant there can be an overlap of merch and helmets maybe but that probably doesnt really align since you mainly seem focused on context of use.

More into specific things though i cant quite find the word for what kind of stuff i find interesting in a general context
Jan 26, 1:07 AM

Sep 2023
Reply to Serafos
Right now I only collect ice hockey cards.
@Serafos Are there any specific ones you look out for? Or is it just hockey cards in general?

Be safe and well travels,
Chris
Jan 26, 1:08 AM

Sep 2023
Reply to YanYan
coins or tbh alot of pokemon cards tho
@yawn-chama What type of coins? Foreign coins? Old coins?

Chris
Jan 26, 1:09 AM

Feb 2020
Reply to bevarnow
@Serafos Are there any specific ones you look out for? Or is it just hockey cards in general?
@bevarnow I mostly collect cards from the 90's. I liked those card series the most.
Jan 26, 1:10 AM

Sep 2023
Reply to MasterTasuke
- Character Dolls -

- Character Figures -

- Mecha Models -

- Anime Blu-Ray Discs/DVDs/LaserDiscs/Videocassettes/Etc. -

- Manga, Anime Artbooks/Magazines/Etc. -

@MasterTasuke What is the difference between the dolls and figures? Is it the material or that the dolls are articulated. And I also had no idea Revell made mechas lol

Chris
Jan 26, 1:12 AM

Sep 2023
Reply to Meusnier
Old books, nothing too fancy and I have never spent thousands of dollars on a single one, but I own some copies from the early 19th century (currently, I am looking for the first 1795 edition of Chamfort's Complete Works). They used to be cheap until Americans started to create collections of "rare and precious" books in the 1920s as André Weil explains it in his autobiography. Why? Because some editions were never reprinted, they are not only typically more agreeable to read (and display more often than not excellent sets of notes), and more pleasant to the eye, some older translations are never reedited, and they are usually much better than the ones available in libraries. For 20th century literature, they can be quite cheap, especially if you find them in unorthodox places like yard sales, though that may be common knowledge. Generally, only the first printings are truly expensive, I could almost buy a first edition of Ulysses for $150 (it was the 11th printing) in a library a couple of years ago, but it had sadly already been reserved... 'Tis sad to think that only blasé millionaires can afford this kind of books today:

https://www.theguardian.com/books/2009/jun/04/ulysses-sells-record-price

What a ridiculous snobbery! I doubt that they even read those books, they probably also buy paintings to put them in a safe!

I was not sure to post pictures here, but people like Monotonous and Illuminatli might appreciate them.
@Meusnier That is very interesting. Why are you searching for that book specifically?

Chris
Jan 26, 1:14 AM

Sep 2023
Reply to FZREMAKE
@bevarnow yes they are still sold here but they aren't as popular as they used to be. Also, I have pretty much stopped collecting them. Maybe just one in every two years.
@FZREMAKE Ah ok I see. And yea I was wondering cause the last time I heard about Beyblades that weren't being talked about ironically in like in 2010s

Chris
Jan 26, 1:19 AM
Jun 2016
Reply to bevarnow
@MrYujufudan Not necessarily. With uniforms are made, its just random patterns of camouflage thats made into the garment. So sometimes you may get something that has more of one color and not enough of the other. I do have a Polish helmet in my collection that has a massive dent in it, and as a result as it repainted in a completely color that it should not be.
@bevarnow That's really cool do you have a picture of the helmet?
Jan 26, 1:30 AM

Sep 2023
Reply to Little_Sheepling
@bevarnow Yeah same here for some of them ahahaha😅 although most were reasonably priced at the time, more so than now😬

Some do different things, I strike off the trains I've seen & mark ones I've rode on, usually the goal is to see all of one 'class' of Train/Loco, but I've only managed to do that once. I do take pictures also, but that's a sort-of separate hobby. My Dad loved Trains and I got the love & hobby from him.
@LightWorker I pretty much bought all of mine from the same lady at the flea market. And I asked her, "Do they work?' and she responds with, "Of course, I am here every Saturday". They do not work.

And thats honestly kinda wholesome lol. Please do share some train photos if you don't mind. I'm sure other people will enjoy them as there are alot of rail. Down here in South Florida we have the Tri-Rail and I've gotten a few videos of them for friends of mine.

Chris
Jan 26, 1:32 AM

Sep 2023
Reply to traed
@bevarnow
I meant there can be an overlap of merch and helmets maybe but that probably doesnt really align since you mainly seem focused on context of use.

More into specific things though i cant quite find the word for what kind of stuff i find interesting in a general context
@traed Ah ok I see I see. For helmets like those, its more of opportunity for me then anything. I'm not out searching for them specifically, but if I come accross it and its a good price I'll probably pick it up.

Chris
Jan 26, 1:32 AM

Sep 2023
Reply to Serafos
@bevarnow I mostly collect cards from the 90's. I liked those card series the most.
@Serafos Are these cards from a specific company?

Chris
Jan 26, 1:34 AM

Feb 2020
Reply to bevarnow
@Serafos Are these cards from a specific company?
@bevarnow Mostly from Donruss, Pinnacle, and Upper Deck.
Jan 26, 1:38 AM

Sep 2023
Reply to a2dfjk1
@bevarnow That's really cool do you have a picture of the helmet?
@MrYujufudan I do

"This is my Polish Wz.67, I paid about $30 for it. The Wz.67 is said to be the first entirely Polish design. These helmets were potentially made sometime in '71 by the Huta Silesia company. This specific was most likely originally painted in green, but at some point was repainted to air force blue. Past that, not much more information is known about it. I have since asked on Reddit about this helmet. This is a Polish Air Force helmet that at some point was repainted in a darker blue at a repair facility. The difference between the air force, navy, and army Wz.67's is the eagle stencil. The air force eagle has the hussar wings around it. Thank you u/escapismseeker!"

From my website where I display and write about them. The dent is not as visible in this photo. But when compared to other helmets of its type, the color is visibly different.

bevarnowFeb 23, 7:20 PM

Chris
Jan 26, 2:46 AM
Jun 2016
Reply to bevarnow
@MrYujufudan I do

"This is my Polish Wz.67, I paid about $30 for it. The Wz.67 is said to be the first entirely Polish design. These helmets were potentially made sometime in '71 by the Huta Silesia company. This specific was most likely originally painted in green, but at some point was repainted to air force blue. Past that, not much more information is known about it. I have since asked on Reddit about this helmet. This is a Polish Air Force helmet that at some point was repainted in a darker blue at a repair facility. The difference between the air force, navy, and army Wz.67's is the eagle stencil. The air force eagle has the hussar wings around it. Thank you u/escapismseeker!"

From my website where I display and write about them. The dent is not as visible in this photo. But when compared to other helmets of its type, the color is visibly different.

@bevarnow That's fascinating. What's your website?
Jan 26, 3:25 AM

Feb 2020
Reply to bevarnow
@LightWorker I pretty much bought all of mine from the same lady at the flea market. And I asked her, "Do they work?' and she responds with, "Of course, I am here every Saturday". They do not work.

And thats honestly kinda wholesome lol. Please do share some train photos if you don't mind. I'm sure other people will enjoy them as there are alot of rail. Down here in South Florida we have the Tri-Rail and I've gotten a few videos of them for friends of mine.

@bevarnow Ah that sucks :( I'm pretty sure all of mine still work, apart from the Grandstand 3000 as it's literally starting to disintegrate and is probably beyond saving, still looks nice as a display item though.

Very cool vids :D and sure.
Can't get pics from my old Camera uploaded for some reason though?😅
which is weird, as I used to be able to.
Haven't taken all that many with my newest Camera so far, hoping to take more this year.

Jan 26, 3:29 AM

Sep 2023
Reply to a2dfjk1
@bevarnow That's fascinating. What's your website?
@MrYujufudan I'm not sure what the MAL Rules are on posting links like that, buts in my profile under Also Available At. Just click on Helmet & Headwear. My website looks like it straight out of 2005, and that is exactly how I want it lol.

Chris
best user ever

May 2022
Reply to bevarnow
@Preverious0 My father and my uncle bought an Original Xbox when they were and never used it. Still works to this day but I do not have any games for it. Any recommendations?
@bevarnow

Burnout 3: Takedown and Burnout Revenge are pretty awesome racing games. They're also pretty fun to play with friends on splitscreen and get pretty chaotic and fun with how fast you go.

Crimson Skies: It's a great flying game where you pilot many different planes and the story is also great.

Fable: It's one of the more popular RPGs for the Xbox. It's an ARPG where you can become either good or evil. All (or most) of your actions in this game have consequences.

Halo 2: It's an amazing, critically acclaimed FPS for the Original Xbox and the whole game is just wonderful.

Medal of Honor Frontline: Another great FPS in a WW2 setting and I love the atmosphere in this game. It's also a great challenge since you go back to the very start of the level if you die (No Checkpoints at all) so you have to be very strategic with how you beat the levels.

Sep 2023
Reply to Little_Sheepling
@bevarnow Ah that sucks :( I'm pretty sure all of mine still work, apart from the Grandstand 3000 as it's literally starting to disintegrate and is probably beyond saving, still looks nice as a display item though.

Very cool vids :D and sure.
Can't get pics from my old Camera uploaded for some reason though?😅
which is weird, as I used to be able to.
Haven't taken all that many with my newest Camera so far, hoping to take more this year.

@LightWorker In Jasper we trust lol

Chris
Jan 26, 3:31 AM

Sep 2023
Reply to karioka-
@bevarnow

Burnout 3: Takedown and Burnout Revenge are pretty awesome racing games. They're also pretty fun to play with friends on splitscreen and get pretty chaotic and fun with how fast you go.

Crimson Skies: It's a great flying game where you pilot many different planes and the story is also great.

Fable: It's one of the more popular RPGs for the Xbox. It's an ARPG where you can become either good or evil. All (or most) of your actions in this game have consequences.

Halo 2: It's an amazing, critically acclaimed FPS for the Original Xbox and the whole game is just wonderful.

Medal of Honor Frontline: Another great FPS in a WW2 setting and I love the atmosphere in this game. It's also a great challenge since you go back to the very start of the level if you die (No Checkpoints at all) so you have to be very strategic with how you beat the levels.

@Preverious0 Other than maybe another controller, is there anything else I should get for it? Cause I have all the cables and such, but any other accessory or anything?

Chris
Jan 26, 3:39 AM
best user ever

May 2022
Reply to bevarnow
@Preverious0 Other than maybe another controller, is there anything else I should get for it? Cause I have all the cables and such, but any other accessory or anything?
@bevarnow

The only accessories I can really think of are the DVD remote and Memory Cards

The DVD remote is for playing DVDs on the Xbox but I never really used it since I have 2 other consoles and 2 DVD players to play DVDs on.

The Memory Cards aren't really needed since the Hard Drive is giant but they can be a little useful for bringing your progress in games to someone else's Xbox.
Jan 26, 3:51 AM

Sep 2023
Reply to karioka-
@bevarnow

The only accessories I can really think of are the DVD remote and Memory Cards

The DVD remote is for playing DVDs on the Xbox but I never really used it since I have 2 other consoles and 2 DVD players to play DVDs on.

The Memory Cards aren't really needed since the Hard Drive is giant but they can be a little useful for bringing your progress in games to someone else's Xbox.
@Preverious0 Hmm ok. I appreciate it. I'll keep my ear to the ground for some memory cards then. I presume like PS2 memory cards people do just readily sell them, or would I be mistaken?

Chris
Jan 26, 4:02 AM
best user ever

May 2022
Reply to bevarnow
@Preverious0 Hmm ok. I appreciate it. I'll keep my ear to the ground for some memory cards then. I presume like PS2 memory cards people do just readily sell them, or would I be mistaken?
@bevarnow

I'm honestly not very sure, I haven't really thought about buying one so I don't really know the rarity of them. I presume they're probably more rare than PS2 and PS1 memory cards due to the lower sales of the Original Xbox and less necessity.
Jan 26, 4:15 AM

Oct 2018
Reply to bevarnow
@Fleeting_Dream For the MTG cards, how long have you been collecting?
@bevarnow
late 90's/early aughts, but stopped for a bit and got back into collecting around 2016 or so.
Dreaming 'bout long gone things;
Days, on end, repeating infinitely.
Like the inside of a never-ending dream,
Whilst looking for the endless morn...
Only to return to the dream again
Jan 26, 4:19 AM

Sep 2023
Reply to Fleeting_Dream
@bevarnow
late 90's/early aughts, but stopped for a bit and got back into collecting around 2016 or so.
@Fleeting_Dream Ah ok, how many cards do you have in your collection?

Chris
Jan 26, 4:25 AM
Handler One

Jan 2023
Reply to bevarnow
@BitChilly I can see you're already suffering from the pain of running out of space to put stuff. Honestly same lol
@bevarnow And that’s why I just bought a new bookshelf to collect my manga, it’s pretty big and it’s five shelves. Though I may need to buy heighteners to make use of the 11 inch space.

"You fought to the end. You survived. That's why you're here now. I think that's something you should be more proud of."
- Vladilena Milizé
Jan 26, 4:26 AM

Oct 2018
Reply to bevarnow
@Fleeting_Dream Ah ok, how many cards do you have in your collection?
@bevarnow

Haven't counted, so I have no clue; if I was to guess, several thousand. (all the card holders in the three ring binder are full, back and front, and I have at least three or four other containers that I didn't show.)
Jan 26, 4:41 AM

Sep 2023
Reply to BitChilly
@bevarnow And that’s why I just bought a new bookshelf to collect my manga, it’s pretty big and it’s five shelves. Though I may need to buy heighteners to make use of the 11 inch space.
@BitChilly Honestly fair. I have also bought more shelfs for all my stuff but I have still ran out of space lol

Chris
Jan 26, 4:42 AM

Sep 2023
Reply to Fleeting_Dream
@bevarnow

Haven't counted, so I have no clue; if I was to guess, several thousand. (all the card holders in the three ring binder are full, back and front, and I have at least three or four other containers that I didn't show.)
@Fleeting_Dream Interesting, about how much do you think you've spent in total on all of them?

Chris
Jan 26, 4:44 AM
Handler One

Jan 2023
Reply to bevarnow
@BitChilly Honestly fair. I have also bought more shelfs for all my stuff but I have still ran out of space lol
@bevarnow It took me a year to fill out my current shelf since I go in monthly/bi-monthly runs and I began animanga as a serious hobby in January last year but only collected my first manga in May 2022.

"You fought to the end. You survived. That's why you're here now. I think that's something you should be more proud of."
- Vladilena Milizé
Jan 26, 4:52 AM

Oct 2018
Reply to bevarnow
@Fleeting_Dream Interesting, about how much do you think you've spent in total on all of them?
@bevarnow
A lot of my collection was given to me, so not much.
Jan 26, 5:06 AM

Feb 2018
Reply to bevarnow
@MasterTasuke What is the difference between the dolls and figures? Is it the material or that the dolls are articulated. And I also had no idea Revell made mechas lol
the Dolls are larger, at 1/6, and, of course, are quite adaptable and customizable in nature...
thanks to Doll Heads that are readily compatible to a wide range of available Doll Bodies... and, of course, the scale clothing;

they didn't. REVELL merely imported and repackaged several MACROSS, DOUGRAM and ORGUSS kits
for their Western Markets under their "ROBOTECH DEFENDERS/CHANGERS" branding in the early/mid-80's;

MasterTasukeJan 26, 5:37 AM
Jan 26, 6:09 AM

Feb 2021
bevarnow said:
Jerseys from any specific team? Or just in general
Just in general.
It can be either national teams or clubs.
Jan 26, 7:11 AM

Sep 2023
Reply to Fleeting_Dream
@bevarnow
A lot of my collection was given to me, so not much.
@Fleeting_Dream Oh interesting. How'd that come to be? Was something you were interested in, or was it just given too you and you were like, "I do this now"

Chris
Jan 26, 7:12 AM

Sep 2023
Reply to MadanielFL
bevarnow said:
Jerseys from any specific team? Or just in general
Just in general.
It can be either national teams or clubs.
@MadanielFL Ah ok, I see. Any personal favorites in your collection?

Chris
Jan 26, 7:28 AM

Apr 2012
Reply to bevarnow
@RobertBobert Any specific Happy Meal toy sticks with you?
@bevarnow I remember the toy statue of Atlas from Disney's Atlantis series. You could use it as a small flashlight thanks to the glowing bulbs in the eyes. And I used it to read books at night when I couldn't sleep. Hell, I literally remembered the taste and smell of McDonald's from my childhood just by looking at the photos of the toys.

Jan 26, 7:41 AM

Sep 2023
Reply to RobertBobert
@bevarnow I remember the toy statue of Atlas from Disney's Atlantis series. You could use it as a small flashlight thanks to the glowing bulbs in the eyes. And I used it to read books at night when I couldn't sleep. Hell, I literally remembered the taste and smell of McDonald's from my childhood just by looking at the photos of the toys.

@RobertBobert Very interesting, I wonder how much power it drew. It'd be interesting to see if it would still turn on the original battery

Chris
Jan 26, 7:44 AM

Apr 2012
Reply to bevarnow
@RobertBobert Very interesting, I wonder how much power it drew. It'd be interesting to see if it would still turn on the original battery
@bevarnow I don’t remember well, although in principle now you can easily check it in one of the videos on YouTube. But I remember very well that after about one or a year and a half, his bulbs became noticeably weaker and shone a distinct orange-rusty color, if you know what I mean.
Jan 26, 7:45 AM

Oct 2018
Reply to bevarnow
@Fleeting_Dream Oh interesting. How'd that come to be? Was something you were interested in, or was it just given too you and you were like, "I do this now"
@bevarnow
the latter of the two. I was a kid when I got the Portal Second Age cards, so those had been put in storage for a bit, and when I was older, (20's iirc) I had bought one of the OGW decks, and after that, the old cards had come back out of storage, and as I was getting into playing EDH, I was given more cards to use.
Jan 26, 8:57 AM
Jan 2022
Minor trinkets that don't take up too much space. I wish we were better at keeping heirlooms, because my family would've had bracelets from fighting for Tore Hund and Håkon Sigurdsson.

And I keep some bottles of different Gins and Tonics that were good.

Oh, and a bunch of educational books (engineering) + copies of Edda.

Other than that, I don't keep too much crap lying around the house. It's difficult to keep the house clean.
Jan 26, 9:01 AM

Sep 2023
Reply to Skimt
Minor trinkets that don't take up too much space. I wish we were better at keeping heirlooms, because my family would've had bracelets from fighting for Tore Hund and Håkon Sigurdsson.

And I keep some bottles of different Gins and Tonics that were good.

Oh, and a bunch of educational books (engineering) + copies of Edda.

Other than that, I don't keep too much crap lying around the house. It's difficult to keep the house clean.
@Skimt Honestly fair. I do have trouble cleaning with all my nonsense

Chris
Jan 26, 11:04 AM

May 2021
Collecting manga/LN. Another thing is Apple products.
Jan 26, 11:08 AM

Jan 2009
i collect pain /s

seriously none im no collector
Jan 26, 11:24 AM
ᕙ(⇀‸↼‶)ᕗ

Aug 2014
Very cool collection you have going! Nice to see something which is less common among a community like this.

I have a growing manga collection and I can basically say I collect short animated films/commercials/music videos at this point (both archiving and viewing).

In the past, I've collected fruit/vegetable stickers (yes really; I have hundreds-thousands of them in my notebooks), Steam games (2.5K in my library), Free Realms items (RIP), coins (a humble collection of stuff I've found in the wild), and Bionicle (I have everything from my childhood, which is pretty substantial considering my obsession, and would like to continue this at some point, but alas, they are only getting more expensive).
Jan 26, 12:49 PM

Jun 2019
bevarnow said:
@Meusnier That is very interesting. Why are you searching for that book specifically?

Thank you. He is my favourite 18th century writer, and there were very few complete editions of his work since then.
Jan 26, 12:56 PM
May 2020
it's cool that you guys collect stuff because i'm the opposite where i have no interest in collecting things, even the light novels and manga i have i'm trying to sell off and get rid of.
Jan 26, 1:40 PM
Jun 2016
bevarnow said:
@MrYujufudan I'm not sure what the MAL Rules are on posting links like that, buts in my profile under Also Available At. Just click on Helmet & Headwear. My website looks like it straight out of 2005, and that is exactly how I want it lol.

I checked your about me section, but totally forgot about the also avaliable at section. I'll check it out I've always had an interest in uniforms and their history.
Jan 26, 1:46 PM
Jun 2016
MasterTasuke said:
the Dolls are larger, at 1/6, and, of course, are quite adaptable and customizable in nature...
thanks to Doll Heads that are readily compatible to a wide range of available Doll Bodies... and, of course, the scale clothing;

they didn't. REVELL merely imported and repackaged several MACROSS, DOUGRAM and ORGUSS kits
for their Western Markets under their "ROBOTECH DEFENDERS/CHANGERS" branding in the early/mid-80's;

Wasn't this model kit line the origin of the Robotech name? I think I heard an interview with Carl Macek where he had said they got the name from the model kits, but I'm not sure.
Jan 26, 2:37 PM

Jan 2024
I collect fishing baits. It was my big passion black then. I still go occasionaly now and then, and I enjoy buying a new bait everytime to remember the day
Jan 26, 3:35 PM

Jan 2024
Reply to bevarnow
@0arche Ah ok. How many of both do you have in your collection? Any sauropods on a postcard?
@bevarnow never thought of counting my collection so I don’t have an answer unfortunately.

Any sauropods on a postcard?

Weirdly enough I don’t have any, need to fix that. Thank you!
Jan 26, 5:14 PM

May 2018
mental illness diagnoses

......... also, houseplants. and yes I do believe there is a connection there.
can't yuck my yum

Pages (7) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Should Cats Be Allowed to Have Jobs?

KittenCuddler - 39 minutes ago

5 by Serafos »»
4 minutes ago

» What is your hair like?

Ejrodiew - 9 hours ago

20 by ScaryOwl »»
9 minutes ago

» If you could perfectly cosplay one character, who would it be?

KnightBreak - Today

6 by philtecturophy »»
14 minutes ago

» Do you wear seatbelts AT ALL TIMES?

luffysenchou - Yesterday

20 by Noboru »»
15 minutes ago

» You guys watch anime on a laptop, tv or projector? ( 1 2 )

Rivermind - Oct 17

62 by Noboru »»
20 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.