Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (10) « First ... « 6 7 [8] 9 10 »
Oct 6, 2023 7:41 PM
May 2009
I rarely post here but I came to say this: S2 is peakest of the peak. I'm speechless. I feel like I've had a life experience.
Oct 7, 2023 1:11 PM
Jun 2019
By Far such an amazing season for rudeus and sylphy
Oct 8, 2023 8:39 AM

Jan 2017
Rare instance where the childhood friend actually wins, Sylphie did the impossible (and not leaving him immediately like Eris too)
Oct 8, 2023 10:37 AM
Feb 2020
I think the slow burn of the season was amazing.
Oct 8, 2023 5:22 PM
Jan 2017
i love this ending so much
Oct 8, 2023 9:04 PM
May 2013
i binged this show over the past week and, while i understand why there's this much hype and excitement surrounding it, i have a hard time appreciating it myself. the story mostly drags its feet, as if a massive payoff awaits at every third episode or so (it doesn't), and the worldbuilding is too scattered across slice of life/uneventful episodes.

while it brings up several relatable and important struggles, it does so with poor presentation. how am i supposed to sympathize with Rudeus's ED if all it amounts to is "i can't get it up for the elf"? why not make a parallel to his past life's failed attempts at sex, relationships and love? all we know so far is that he was an ugly shut-in with a small pp. that's not enough.
the one emotional moment that kind of did something to me was his conflicted reunion with Paul, and that's because i know he lost his previous parents and never really had the chance to reconnect or acknowledge their efforts.

i could not bring myself to really care about any character so far either. they're all either unlikable or annoying, except for Roxy who's likable but just kind of bland for now - her one backstory episode was decent, and i see potential in her.

my bet is there's probably a ton of lore already out there that may make this show retroactively more interesting, but i'm not going after it. i want to like it for what it is, and for now it's just merely a mildly okay, aimless isekai with tired tropes.
felipecardelOct 8, 2023 9:09 PM
Oct 8, 2023 9:07 PM
Jan 2021
Well things escalated quickly in that cave. Unfortunately when the time came, Rudeus’ ED came back like LeBron James and the Cavs came back from 3-1 in the 2016 NBA Finals. That was such an emotional rollercoaster. The two go from being relieved that they have finally reunited to getting down and dirty to then the overall disappointment.

For once we see Luke truly express himself and be more bold. Now is the time, in Rudeus’ time of need, he brings in the aphrodisiac to get rid of this obstacle once and for all. Ariel, no offense but you’re not suited for this kind of issue…

I’m glad that Sylphie pushed to get this matter resolved and she was acting more bold than usual. Going into Rudeus’ room and then giving him the aphrodisiac (which he conveniently didn’t recognize until after the deed was done). Once he wakes up he fears that Sylphie is going to leave and abandon him just like Eris did to end of this season, but things end differently. Now he has Ariel and Luke as allies and he and Sylphie are gonna get married. Now the objective is for he and Sylphie to find his family. I’m assuming that Rudeus will go for Zenith first since Paul has met up with Lilia and Aisha.

I can’t wait for Part 2 of this season!
Oct 9, 2023 1:33 AM
Jul 2023
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, ERIS BETTER
Oct 9, 2023 4:58 AM

Dec 2011
Am I the only one who find's Sylphie's behaviour not believable?
I mean, we have a kissless teenager virgin girl without any previous romantic relationship (unless there was one, but not mentioned). Girl that is too shy to even reveal her true gender to her crush. And then at the flick of fingers she goes from "I'm too shy to even tell him who I really am" to "Look, I'm a girl you once knew! Now sleep with me!". Suddenly she is so horny that she absolutely MUST go all the way with him and cure his impotency as fast as possible, in span of two nights. I mean, if she wanted to just hook up with him it would be fine, but she is being sold as that good, caring waifu. But looks like the end game physical activity is the only thing that matters in relationship. The whole 11-12 episodes things look simply forced. The romantic buildup for that was lacking. And no, the friend relationship they had before reveal is not the substitute for romantic relationship.

Also Ariel behaviour was... not selfless. It wasn't "help" out of good will. She pretty much used the body of her servant/friend to turn Rudeus into one of her minions. Maybe one could say that she killed two birds with one stone, but... it still gives me a bad taste.
Oct 9, 2023 6:23 AM
Jul 2023
The best to 2023!!!
Oct 9, 2023 8:57 AM
Feb 2017
Oct 10, 2023 12:04 PM
Sep 2020
I just finished this today and tbh for me it's my least favorite from the series. i like the couple first episode , there's action involved. but i went downhill after he enrolled and met sylpy.
The story is boring ,no action or adventurous & it keeps repeating same stuff (go to library/making Statue etc), rudy said that he stuck in his magic and hoping to learn something to improve ,but nope...he's not learning anything to improve his magic.
and also somehow sylpy annoyed me with her "i'm not gonna tell rudy + i'm scared if rudy doesn't know me" attitude.
But Don't get me wrong ,i still like some stuff like when he find out that his pp can't get up , it's hilarious.
ebiiwewokOct 10, 2023 12:15 PM
Oct 10, 2023 7:38 PM

Oct 2019
A great half-season finale. I hope Rudy does not betray sweet Sylphie if his firebrand ginger cousin reemerges though... I kind of expect he will.
Oct 11, 2023 7:47 PM
Sep 2016
o my god, please make more animes like this
Oct 13, 2023 12:57 AM
Mar 2018
ngl. this season was just a giant school arc with nothing happening. hella boring tbh. 7/10
Oct 13, 2023 2:36 PM
Mar 2021
bellisimo. una obra maestra
Oct 14, 2023 2:01 PM
Sep 2023
i mean i was hoping for a bit more plot development, overall yhis part of the season was kinda a letdown. i mean some of the emotional revelations were good but the only thing i have to look forward to here rn is a wedding episode... ah i hope the next one's better. last episode was really fun to watch though. no one expected sylphie to e so well... unique...
Oct 15, 2023 7:29 AM
Nov 2016
Despite my complaints in the previous episodes, I must say, this episode is beautiful and even made me teary-eyed, I understand what Rudy went through with the ED problem and it was really important to him to fix it (I DO get it, it's important to every male in the planet, no exception!), it did drag for way too long but the ending was worth it, and good thing that Sylph returned because if she didn't, that would mess Rudy up even harder and he would be in a more depressed state, I'm glad they finally got together, the previous drama bullshit with her hiding her identity and Rudy suddenly becoming gay for... reasons... was dumb as fuck though, those type of dramas really feel forced and out of place, but whatever, I'm glad this is finally over and I'm glad I managed to enjoy this episode.

This season has up and downs and they beat around the bush way too much to the point I was getting annoyed, but at least the ending is beautiful and I do appreciate beautiful endings like this one.

I want to give this season an 8/10 but due to my previous complaints, I won't, it's still a nice season but S1 Part 2 was better IMHO, anyway, I will end my rant and give this season a rating of:

7/10
Oct 17, 2023 6:31 AM

Apr 2021
This story is awesome. It's definitely unique in its approach. Yes, Mushoku Tensei is an absolute gem of the isekai genre. The only other isekai I've liked and praised this much are Rezero and Konosuba. These three are easily the best of what the isekai genre has to offer.

The ED arc(that's what I call it) hit different :)

I really enjoyed this season, even more so than the previous ones(maybe cuz its more slice of life I guess?) Still, this was quite a fun watch. Loved every bit of it!!

Easily a 9/10 show

It's too good. Looking forward to Spring 2024.
Oct 18, 2023 1:59 PM
Jan 2023
Last episode of this season is freaking heartwarming
Oct 18, 2023 3:27 PM
Jun 2021
El mejor isekai de todos los tiempos y aun le falta mucho por terminar, sinceramente para muchos puede ser una bobada lo de la enfermedad de Rudeus, pero ver como la cura y lo taaaaaan diferente que es Sylphiette a comparación con Eris me transmite mucho el sentimiento del prota y hasta me hizo llorar cuando llorando le dio las gracias a la que será su futura esposa, espero ver mucho más pronto.
Oct 19, 2023 4:26 AM
Dec 2022
Sylphie and Rudeus are together. Good to see the end of Rudeus' problem. Now to wait till the second arc in April!
Oct 19, 2023 1:04 PM
Jan 2023
Fofo. Coito, mas fofo.
Oct 19, 2023 3:34 PM
Jan 2018
Finished this season just cause i forced myself, if ep1 of next season isn't better or coherent with the plot....gonna drop it sadly
Oct 22, 2023 2:54 PM

Jan 2011
Something is rising and it's not the shield hero...

Bad jokes aside, i really liked a couple of characters, interactions..where they didn't follow the trope. Even Sara didn't call Rudeus a pervert, Soldat turned out to be really wholesome after the initial "bully" phase, especially Luke going out of his way to support Sylphy, even Elinalise and Cliff getting together..

Rudeus himself was kinda a wash for most of the time. The moment he'd finally done something he would return to his shell. It's somewhat understandable, given the story, but..

I feel like him carrying panties in a shrine is uncessary, and his his..condition.. did not add anything either, nothing that could not have been done by "ordinary" means.

And they kinda dragged it out, despite a lot of things happening, except for the reunion, no real progress was made. Still, the ending was nice. We'll see what part 2 brings..
Oct 23, 2023 11:11 AM
Feb 2017
One of highest-tier greatest anime
Oct 30, 2023 11:18 AM

May 2016
Honestly, this anime would have way less haters if the MC wasn't a pervert. And I wish they'd stop with those enshrined panty worship jokes. That ain't funny and straight up creepy af. Anyway, ignoring the weird otaku humor, I actually enjoyed this show a lot. The pacing was pretty good imo, although it might feel a bit slow for some people. The entire 'curing the ED arc' might turn people off from this anime but now that I've watched this completely, I understand that this subplot is kinda necessary. If he didn't develop ED, the dude might've turned into a male version of Elinalise manwhoring himself before meeting any of his love interests again and that would've sucked. Him getting over his depression, bettering himself and finally falling in love for real this time was enjoyable to watch. Although I wish he'd fix his weird fetishes along with his ED, but I guess that won't happen cuz they need to pander to the otakus who love it.

Overall 8/10, would watch more seasons.

Oct 31, 2023 2:13 AM
Jun 2021
Late for the forum post for a month even though i completed the show when it aired. i really liked this this season or should i say 1st part of 2nd season. It focused on the hardship Rudy is facing and the trauma he had because of women, now i know some people may look at it and say he just has erectile dysfunction that's just a dumb plot and some people were even saying when will the plot start. I still loved this part and finally Rudy and Sylphie are together and married, i don't know what that holds for Eris but i am sitll happy nonetheless. Can't wait for Part-2 to air.
Nov 1, 2023 5:37 AM
Jul 2023
a nice Plottist that saved the season
Nov 1, 2023 6:30 AM
Feb 2023
too bland of an ending wanted something better
Nov 2, 2023 4:00 PM

Nov 2016
if we got thru the stuff we dont like, its a good ride this season. i only hoped they turned down the sketchyness in future seasons
idk, i always hate school settings in insekai, especially if its a reincarnated older guy. its just a pet peeve
anime/manga version of steam would be awesome - https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1625396
Nov 4, 2023 8:28 PM

May 2019
I followed the manga and found this school arc to be boring BUT finally i can agree with the LN readers: the anime adaptation did a better job.

- Specially if compared to the 1st season, which was kinda disappointing to me.

1. Manga-Rudeus in 1st season events was a nice boy councious of the piece of shit he was in previous live. Anime-Rudeus NEVER ceased to be a piece of shit.

2. But THANK GOD ERIS fixed him. Second-season Rudeus was all controled and prudent. Now he even present himself as a model husband lol.

Finally i can give a 9/10 to the anime, just waiting the 10/10 that certainly the next season will deserve, for REASONS.
Nov 4, 2023 11:29 PM
May 2021
ver funny but kinda weird
Nov 5, 2023 8:02 PM
Jul 2019
Good concusion to the season, can't wait for the next one.
Nov 5, 2023 11:52 PM

Mar 2017
これは本当に芸術作品であり、私のお気に入りのシリーズです!
Nov 6, 2023 8:44 PM
Nov 2023
I love the kind of "high school" asthetic of season 2, and the start is a great setup. Whilst im still waiting for part 2, so far I would give it a unconditional 10/10

It's a great anime, the first anime I've ever watched was season 1 of Mushoku Tensei, and somehow this managed to be even better. While in season 1 the sexual aspects is disturbing to say the least, here it actually explores some of the psychological reasons behind ED and some of the effects, not feeling like a man, fear etc. it's something thats almost never explored, and whilst it at times feels weird, I feel that Sylphie and Rudy makes it interesting and not feel too weird to explore.
Nov 6, 2023 8:46 PM
Nov 2023
Reply to MegamiRem
Well ofc he couldn't get it on in the first try but Sylphy didn't give up and he was finally able to do it. That was lewd yet wholesome and sweet. Also nice they'll get married soon. Sylphy left behind her glasses and is standing next to her Rudeus.

Can't believe this cour is already over. Really had fun watching these volumes adapted in the anime and I'm way too excited for upcoming volumes, specially volume 12. Spring 2024 come fast please.
@MegamiRem I agree, they somehow made that whole sequence portray how awkward this is to deal with and how bad rudy really feels about it, without making it overly weird. It's just a problem psychologically that has a solution.
Nov 10, 2023 4:23 PM
Feb 2020
it was so fucking sweet uwu I can't..
Nov 11, 2023 6:52 AM
Oct 2021
sjksa bjkhdjasd sa
Nov 12, 2023 7:39 AM
Oct 2023
I'm not into Harem
Nov 12, 2023 10:47 AM

Sep 2014
Did I just watch an entire anime of a whining scrub wasting 12 episodes because he isn't able to get it up. Why did I expect anything interesting to happen with this trash. Season 1 was at least somewhat interesting with all the strugles that were very uniquely portrayed for this entire garbage genere.. but this, just what is this dogshit?
Nov 13, 2023 8:34 PM

Oct 2013
can't believe we got a whole ass season committed to curing Rudeus' erectile dysfunction smh.

the ending sequence contrasts beautifully with S1's ending. I didn't like this season as much as S1 (pts 1 or 2), but I'm digging how everything is slowly piecing together. But I worry it'll take so long to get the big picture that I won't care anymore. Why must so many anime take whole ass generations to tell a complete story?

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
Nov 14, 2023 11:07 AM

Sep 2012
the drug didn't cure him, what finally cured him was Syilph coming back just when he thought she left him like Eris did and was about to cry, this cured hes trauma
Nov 21, 2023 11:05 AM
Jul 2016
perfect and beautiful
Nov 23, 2023 9:01 AM
Feb 2023
8/10 enjoyable...
Nov 23, 2023 1:34 PM
Dec 2021
Was very good. Very satisfying. Never thought an ecchi show could make me feel such feels.
Nov 23, 2023 8:07 PM
Oct 2019
It is one of the most entertaining isekai that I saw clearly within the isekai genre
Nov 29, 2023 10:38 AM
Sep 2022
This show is not for kids but I do love this isekai. The standard of animation and the story line of a realistic person being reborn but still aware that this is a new life and they have a new chance at a better life. There are some moments when the main character sets back into his ways reminding us that we are human and even with our best foot forward there will be some backsliding. His love interest and the amount of adult content is at a healthy silly level.
Dec 1, 2023 10:05 AM
Aug 2020
Rudeus finly got the lover that was there for him from the beggining.
Dec 1, 2023 3:50 PM
Aug 2023
I guess my Roxy x Rudy ship isn't looking very seaworthy now.

Sylphie has really grown on me in the last couple of episodes to the point that I fully approve and endorse her ship with Rudy. As Rudy's childhood friend, while cute together, Sylphie seemed kind of boring because her whole thing then seemed to be her total dependence on Rudy. She didn't really seem to be anything other than that at the time, and like Paul was concerned about is that Sylphie seemed to be too dependent on Rudy and Rudy was sheltering her too much, they were both being detrimental to themselves and each other. However we now see her shared childhood with Rudy played an extremely important part in mending the now broken Rudy, with the cave reveal mirroring their childhood experience, and the reassurance of their bond that goes back to childhood. Aside from immediate family, I don't think anybody else other than Sylphie and Roxy could have been as reassuring as "someone he can be sure to never turn on him".

I wasn't that keen on grown up Sylphie/Fitz either, not until the last few episodes. She still seems rather uncapable despite being supposedly an elite bodyguard, in that she seems kind of disappointingly sub-par. She also seems to lack confidence and is shy and meek too much, again just relative to her station and those around her. Her character has seemed rather boring as Fitz, although she was very good at giving Rudy advice with things like Cliff and Elainalise, and helping with Linia and Pursena. But at times she kind of felt like a tag-along, like at the slave market, and taken advantage of by the princess and Luke (until these last few episodes). I think the important thing though is as Fitz she was a consistent trustworthy and a safe friend to Rudy, a stable and nurturing relationship which Rudy could count on over time (exactly like what the prostitute said Rudy needed). This shows when Rudy went to say hi to Fitz and Luke in the marketplace, and thought he got snubbed by Fitz, the only time Fitz wasn't "safe reliable" friend. Rudy said it really stung, and spent the entire time walking back fixated on it and trying to process what had happened. You could really hear how hurt he was in his voice when he asked Fitz why she did that, Rudy is unaffected by far worse treatment from Linia, and is so greatly affected by something relatively trivial from Fitz.

I think the point when I started to be convinced Sylphie was actually a good match for Rudy is when Sylphie disclosed her fantasy to the princess of how Sylphie knows and accepts Rudy's occasional crudeness, and that she also can be occasionally crude and return it to play along. The cave reveal, and Sylphie being super supportive despite Rudy's "performance issue" (unlike Sara), really raised the bar fast of how great Sylphie is. The only thing I'm kind of disappointed with is that Sylphie wasn't more upset with the princess when she laughed at Rudy's situation. Sylphie should have been at least as offended as Luke was, but Sylphie seems to act like she wasn't when the princess apologized. Anybody notice the bad advice the princess was giving about getting themselves both drunk, then pretending to be hot to peel off some clothes, was very similar to Sara's bad approach of drinking too much with Rudy before she tries to "pay him back"? Also Luke's rebuttal of the princess, when he said Rudy "must have come here out of sheer desperation with nowhere else to turn to for help", seemed kind of exaggerated. I think he may have been slamming the princess by alluding to the princess' same situation of "coming here out of sheer desperation with nowhere else to turn to for help".

Of course Sylphie "knocked it out of the park" when she went to stay the night with Rudy. Every little thing she says and does just shows she's totally there for Rudy, and is selflessly doing whatever she can to help him and be there for him, not matter what. Contrast that with Sara's motivations of despite wanting to genuinely get with Rudy, prefaces the situation as "paying her debt to him" even before the ED disaster, "I'm really grateful to you...if you didn't come looking for me, I would have die...if you want, we can do it". Sara doesn't even initiate nor undresses herself, like she doesn't want to give herself to him, despite the entire situation is controlled and lead by her from the shopping date, to the tavern drinking, to going back to Rudy's place. Sylphie on the other hand tells Rudy her feelings for him in the cave reveal before trying to go all the way, and comes right out and says she's "here to stay the night". Sylphie also immediately starts to undress herself on her own accord when Rudy drinks the aphrodisiac, and even decides to drink some herself despite her nervousness and hesitation. Sara and Sylphie's situations are quite the constrast, Sara is there mostly for herself, and Sylphie is there for Rudy.

Some people have mentioned the light novel had it so Sylphie was still in bed when Rudy woke up, the anime instead having her gone in the morning, and that her being gone wasn't as good. I disagree, as a anime-only watcher (maybe LN later), I found the scene of her gone then returning extremely powerful, and well done. Of course the anime scene is reminiscent of Eris abandoning him, and despite Rudy rationalizing Sylphie has guard duty and will be back, it highlights just how great the trauma he has for abandonment is, as he starts falling apart even when knowing he should be safe. When Sylphie returns, he embraces her crying saying "my Sylphie" and Sylphie reassures him she's right here, that pretty much cements the fact to Rudy that she's "someone who he can be certain to never turn on him". Again this contrasts with what Eris did which caused the whole mess of Rudy losing his confidence and getting ED in the first place. Rudy touches Sylphie's boobs and finds himself cured of his ED, I think this pretty much confirms the ED was caused by the mental trauma of the betrayal and abandonment from Eris, that Rudy couldn't trust anybody "to be certain they would never turn on him". When trying to do it with Sara, she turns her head away from Rudy just beforehand which makes it seem like she doesn't want to do it, and he gets ED shortly after. During the cave reveal when Rudy and Sylphie were about to get intimate, Sylphie looks nervous just beforehand causing Rudy to ask her if it's her first time. And when Rudy then went in to start, Sylphie closed her eyes and started trembling, and suddenly Rudy gets ED. It looks pretty certain that Rudy is getting turned off when he senses the women seeming like they don't want it. The ED happens with the prostitute who does seem to want it, however Rudy can't really trust nor feel comfortably emotionally safe with somebody he hardly knows. Before Rudy was able to do it with Eris, he had to convinced that she really wanted it by Eris saying "I want to have your kittens", when doing it with Sylphie, she said just beforehand "I want you to devour me". It seems the women has to be convincingly wanting it (otherwise it seems like a lie, thus a trust issue), and Rudy need to really believe and trust that woman won't ever turn on him. Rudy has finally found this with Sylphie, and it's reinforced greater by her missing in the morning and coming back, now Rudy can mend his trauma and start trusting people, that they won't betray and abandon him anymore.

Sylphie and Rudy getting married, I'm fully onboard with that given all of the above. Sylphie really has gone far and beyond with her supportiveness, selflessness, unconditional love, and mending Rudy's massive trauma. I did think it was annoying, and perhaps not that selfless of her for pretending to be Fritz for so long before revealing her identity to him sooner, but in the end I think it worked out better that way because they were able to meet each other again anew as adults, and bridge a stronger relationship with each other without the baggage of the gap in-between then and now. Also, Sylphie was able to ditch the stupid futuristic looking sunglasses. I never liked those, it always obnoxiously pulled me out of the setting, the style of the glasses clashed too much. As for Roxy, I still really would like for Rudy do the same with her that happened with Sylphie, but I'm not sure if that's possible with Sylphie now. I'm also pretty worried with the way Rudy's been worshipping Roxy and her panties, and that Roxy was bragging so much about Rudy back in that place he rescued Aisha and Lilia. It seem to have gotten so big on both ends that they no longer see the real person for the caricature they've cultivated of each other. That could be disasters.

Anyways despite S2's slight downgrade from S1 because S2 is more of a slice of life, and S1 was much more tighter, this first part of S2 was pretty amazing still. Everything fits in so well with what came before, and new things like the Sara situation mirrors and setups to compliment the return of Sylphie so well. And all the while all the episodes doing it's own smaller narrative and story from the larger narrative and story so well. I'm looking forward to the second part of S2 to be also amazingly good.
Pages (10) « First ... « 6 7 [8] 9 10 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei II: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 10, 2023

228 by minnaslay127 »»
Sep 24, 6:38 AM

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei II: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Giorgosman13 - Sep 3, 2023

244 by minnaslay127 »»
Sep 24, 6:04 AM

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei II: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 9, 2023

359 by minnaslay127 »»
Sep 22, 4:41 AM

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei II: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 30, 2023

280 by VCSMaster »»
Sep 17, 9:48 PM

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei II: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 13, 2023

265 by Kurusu_kun »»
Sep 16, 3:00 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.