Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums

Keikenzumi na Kimi to, Keiken Zero na Ore ga, Otsukiai suru Hanashi. Episode 1 Discussion

New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Oct 6, 2023 6:59 AM

Nov 2011
Well, the main guy Ryuuto is pretty plain while Runa gives off her beautiful vibrant energy. They almost seems like coming from complete opposite worlds. For what's worth, the first episode is how the promos advertised...a very mismatch between the two main leads.

What is surprising is that Runa doesn't reject Ryuuto. It's going to be hard to accept Ryuuto throughout the season as there's hardly anything special about the guy. On the other hand, Runa is such an attraction that the camera angles in this episode always puts her in the spotlight. And oh, they wouldn't "do it" in the first episode but I see the anime already loves to tease the audience.
Oct 6, 2023 7:00 AM

May 2020
Oh no, it’s the same suuuuuuuuuper bland, dark haired, gloomy, by-product of the industrial waste which goes by the name of light novels, protag ONCE AGAIN.

“My life is miserable as a high schooler, with little to no friends, but.. but I want a cute girl who could order me around as a girlfriend”. Yes, it’s the same background telling too, and guess what? A gyaru who’s rumoured to be a sex-freak, and coincidently the crush of this creature, accepted his proposal of going out, just like that… JUST LIKE THAT. Guess the rumours did have some truth in them after all:)

And no, we didn’t just stop there. That girl literally led this loser to her home, because they’re now going out… asked him if he wanna go all out and have sex, because they’re now going out… and, straight up accepted the fact that it’d have been fine if they fucked like rabbits, BECASUE THEY’RE NOW GOING OUT lmaooooooooooooo.

We didn’t see sex or anything, because of course these dudes aren’t programmed that way. So, would not pretend to be surprised.

But man, this was some horrendously stupid first episode, might be top two this whole year in that category lol. Can just laugh it off.
Oct 6, 2023 7:00 AM

Jul 2017
Is female author Makiko Nagaoka's work of this, yet another Yumemiru Danshi case? I hope it's not, despite both LNs window of release being 3 months apart from each other.

Once again, we find ourselves in yet another Yumemiru Danshi X Hajimete no Gal influential situation
of female MC Runa Shirakawa being the school sex girl of sorts, which male MC Ryuto Kashima can only admire from afar. And because of a bet that he made with his friends of Yuusuke Ijichi and Nishina Ren, Kashima is forced to go with the bet of the highest grade of the trio, being forced to a punishment game where the best scorer does what the worst scorer requests...which is to confess to his crush. Shirakawa got his letter and Kashima was nervous to bring his feelings to her. Despite that, Shirakawa heeds to his request being free at the moment, which Ryuto blushingly goes along like his dream got realized.

Obviously, Ryuto is in pure joy, though Shirakawa maintains her usual composure and has her standards to follow, even if she has dated other guys before. Sending Shirakawa home is an expected standard, and since no one's at home, Ryuto sheepishly follows her into her house, and gets tranced by dirty thoughts. No matter of Shirakawa's innocence that Ryuto thought that they're getting onto the sexual tension, which she intentionally makes it as it is, literally having sex. But Ryuto didn't think that far of the relationship, all he wanted is just an honest relationship as opposed to Shirakawa jumping on the sexual gun, which this has been her MO all along. And as much as Ryuto wants to have sex with her, it's not right, and this is her first time being in a genuine relationship, as much as Ryuto's is for his first. Sex is not an obligation, and he wants to reinforce this to her that sex will only come once real love is established between each other.

Hey, this isn't all that bad, and is better than Yumemiru Danshi...but not by much. Maaya Uchida's OP is a rather good one as well.
KANLen09Oct 13, 2023 1:11 AM
Oct 6, 2023 7:03 AM
Aug 2022
Getting the vibes of "My First Girlfriend is a Gal" but this is mainly focusing on Psychological rather than fan services, this is the part I like the most.
Oct 6, 2023 7:29 AM
Mar 2023
hajimete no gal type but i would say a lil better
Oct 6, 2023 7:49 AM

Feb 2019
Is the video refusing to load for anyone else on Crunchyroll? Goblin Slayer will load just fine, but for this one it won't even load the page the video is embedded in much less the video.

Crunchyroll is not doing very well to start off this season after leaving subtitles off the first episode of Shy and using machine translated subtitles for the Four Yukikaze Brother and now this video won't load
Oct 6, 2023 7:58 AM

Jan 2020
Blonde Akari is back as a gyaru, but this time she's more outgoing and friendly than ever. Is this anime a bit rushed? I guess not because I'm waiting to see that "naughty" scene again haha. Quite a nice start between Ryuuto and Shirakawa there.

Studio ENGI did a fine work on drawing the characters' eyes, they are so beautiful!

The OP sung by Maaya Uchida is good and fits pretty well for Kimizero, waiting for the ED song next week now :)
RaiYouOct 6, 2023 8:04 AM

Oct 6, 2023 7:59 AM

Apr 2014
Nice start. Ryuuto was kinda wimp. But, he will be improved for sure.
The next episode will be their dating. ahhh..... I can't wait to see 'that' scene.
何それ?意味分かんない
Oct 6, 2023 8:02 AM

Oct 2017
Yeah thought so, not my thing at all. Good luck to those continuing.
Oct 6, 2023 8:14 AM
Jul 2023
Man got balls for sure.
Oct 6, 2023 8:16 AM

Oct 2020
Dude got super close to contracting an STD :)
Oct 6, 2023 8:17 AM

Sep 2020
Didn't like it. Especially the main characters.

Skip.
Oct 6, 2023 8:18 AM
Sep 2015
I feel like the first episode is good enough to conclude the whole story, it's gonna be hard for the next episode to make me surprise.
Oct 6, 2023 8:28 AM

Jun 2021
The first episode was okay. Interesting to see how far their relationship will go.
Oct 6, 2023 8:32 AM
Jan 2022
Felt that my girlfriend is a gal energy from this
Oct 6, 2023 8:38 AM
Sep 2020
HOOfan_1 said:
Is the video refusing to load for anyone else on Crunchyroll? Goblin Slayer will load just fine, but for this one it won't even load the page the video is embedded in much less the video.

Crunchyroll is not doing very well to start off this season after leaving subtitles off the first episode of Shy and using machine translated subtitles for the Four Yukikaze Brother and now this video won't load

It’s not pulling up for me either unfortunately.
Oct 6, 2023 9:02 AM
Jan 2021
This is certainly a new approach the ship will sail that's one confirmed thing but does the eps 1 imply that she's a slut? {this could trigger some weebs}
Oct 6, 2023 9:14 AM

Mar 2021
Decent opening episode am looking forward to seeing where this show goes from here
Oct 6, 2023 9:14 AM
Feb 2022
I ain’t even half way through yet and i already hate the main character. I could smell it from a mile away but i didn’t think the show would be this bad
Oct 6, 2023 9:20 AM
Aug 2022
Reversign said:

Same here + Akari Watanabe vibes along with Saori Onishi voice.
Oct 6, 2023 9:20 AM

Nov 2016
To me this is like a less degenerated
and instead more sweet Hajimete no Gal.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Oct 6, 2023 9:31 AM

Jan 2013
Reply to FMmatron
To me this is like a less degenerated
and instead more sweet Hajimete no Gal.
@FMmatron She fucked half the guys in her high school. Having experience is okay but here she just wanted to offer them her body.

The explanation in the LN is even more rotten and what justifies her idiocy.

Mod Edit: Removed baiting.
-DxP-Oct 8, 2023 6:27 AM
Oct 6, 2023 9:32 AM
Feb 2011
This anime reminds me fetish-focused 16 - 32 paged doujins. Everything is so formal and soulless. "You like me? Ok, you are my BF rn" section gave me brain damage. Runa's perspective is quite interesting but I'm not sure this anime will continue well.
Oct 6, 2023 9:35 AM
Apr 2021
Good first impression. Think I'll enjoy the relationship that develops. That said, the two are still in school. Isn't it too young to you know what? And what has the girl been doing before?
Oct 6, 2023 9:55 AM
Feb 2020
Loved this first episode. For now, he doesn't seem a great MC, but I hope he will be more interesting soon. She's cute and cool, even though her thoughts about how to act in a relationship are messed up
Oct 6, 2023 9:56 AM

Jan 2021
Bro Flubed it....
Oct 6, 2023 10:05 AM
Level 6 esper

May 2021
I need this lol. Basic romcom, but why not?
Hyped!
“Do what feels right in your heart. You will be criticized either way.” (Eleanor Roosevelt)
Oct 6, 2023 10:06 AM

Jan 2019
Ah yes it's time for "Saori Onishi is my hot anime girlfriend part 3". I know it's blatant teenage fantasy but I love her voice and can't help watching these shows.

Oct 6, 2023 10:07 AM

Nov 2021
Why do I have a feeling he will get heartbroken or he might end up being the one to slow down her body count... Bro literally confessed & she thought why not take his virginity.

Oct 6, 2023 10:10 AM

Jan 2021
Reply to ArnauCP
Loved this first episode. For now, he doesn't seem a great MC, but I hope he will be more interesting soon. She's cute and cool, even though her thoughts about how to act in a relationship are messed up
@ArnauCP Agreed. And not only that, the last 8 minutes of the episode were more mature than 90% of teens romcoms out there. Although i guess that her past is coming back to fight on every episode and there will be the "drama".
If ENGI doesnt screw this it could be a solid 7-8/10.
Oct 6, 2023 10:19 AM
Jul 2023
I can't help but feel I've watched this before...
Oh well, I'll watch it again lol. Unless it's kinda bad, but I feel like it won't be.
Oct 6, 2023 10:25 AM
Oct 2021
What service did it come out on? And how did they put the title bc I put it every way I can think of
Oct 6, 2023 10:36 AM

Jan 2023
Well, I was excepting a show maybe more comedy-oriented but it was actually pretty cute :)
It is pretty interesting how they both get into that relationship with a completely different dating experience, it looks like this is going to be the story of how they get closer, which should be pretty adorable.
The op at the end felt very promising too.
MeguSae38Oct 6, 2023 10:41 AM
Oct 6, 2023 10:43 AM
Handler One

Jan 2023
Not a bad start, a lot of similarities to Hajimete no Gal yes but I hope their relationship progresses in a more meaningful and reasonable way. I’m interested to see where things will go from this point on, since Ryuto is basically a newcomer to the scene while Runa’s perception of dating is a bit.. out of place.

"You fought to the end. You survived. That's why you're here now. I think that's something you should be more proud of."
- Vladilena Milizé
Oct 6, 2023 10:47 AM

Oct 2020
Runa Shirakawa is very beautiful girl.
Oct 6, 2023 10:50 AM

Apr 2019
Honestly, a pretty okay first episode. Runa is pretty bubbly and Ryuuto is the usual run of the mill plain mc. The contrast between the two and the premise should make for an interesting watch.

The OP gives us a look at some of the things to come later in the season like the beach and festival episode that's to come, and Ryuuto's old love interest. Also, not a bad song from Maaya Uchida.

I have hope that the series will be good, but I'm not getting my hopes too high.
Oct 6, 2023 10:56 AM

Jul 2014
Trash. The horrible voice acting really clinched it for me to not force myself to watch an otherwise bad show.
Can we get past the cliche anti-sex boy protagonist already? The protagonist, looks, acts and sounds exactly like about 50 other awful MCs from the past few years.

-DxP-Oct 8, 2023 6:31 AM
Oct 6, 2023 10:58 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Well that was somewhat awkward to watch but understandable given the themes

But we got a gyaru waifu lead heroine so that's based at least. Not sure how good of an anime this'll really be but at least she's pretty hot
Oct 6, 2023 11:27 AM

Feb 2019
Waifu of the year candidate is here! Runa is so cute and I hate that she’s been mistreated by so many people in the past. Really broke my heart to see her think her only value is her body.

I know the start came off as very awkward and frankly cringe, but give this one some time. I think people will grow to love and appreciate Ryuto and Runa’s relationship. There’s more to it than meets the eye.

It was a slower paced, but fun episode for me. The challenge is going to be walking us through Runa and Ryuto’s developing relationship. Showing us how their differences actually bring them closer. It’s always cool seeing how opposites can attract.

Plus Gyaru supremacy.

Let’s let ENGI cook on this one. The art is gorgeous.
Marinate1016Oct 6, 2023 11:34 AM
Oct 6, 2023 11:54 AM

Dec 2009
I fully expected to watch this first episode & know, halfway thru the episode at the latest, that this would be a series which I could pass on this Fall. The joke was on me, I guess.
Oct 6, 2023 11:59 AM

May 2020
I remember reading this some time ago finding it a bit odd. What i do remember is i liked the FL friend Yamana the best.
Oct 6, 2023 12:06 PM

Mar 2021
Reply to ForeverTraitor
Ah yes it's time for "Saori Onishi is my hot anime girlfriend part 3". I know it's blatant teenage fantasy but I love her voice and can't help watching these shows.
@ForeverTraitor Well Saori did play Eriri Spencer Sawamura in How to Raise a Boring Girlfriend. But she struggles to get a lot of main roles outside generic rom comcs
Oct 6, 2023 12:06 PM

Feb 2015
can't stand the MC, he's an absolute wet wipe. Main girl has also been around a bit,, not a winning recipe for a romance anime.
Oct 6, 2023 12:18 PM
Jul 2021
Is it me or is it basically a carbon copy of hajimete no gal but with a less likable cast
Oct 6, 2023 12:19 PM
Jul 2021
Reply to Reversign
@Reversign Thought I was the only one even with the same dialogue in some places
Oct 6, 2023 12:23 PM
May 2021
Reply to Softhenic03
Oh no, it’s the same suuuuuuuuuper bland, dark haired, gloomy, by-product of the industrial waste which goes by the name of light novels, protag ONCE AGAIN.

“My life is miserable as a high schooler, with little to no friends, but.. but I want a cute girl who could order me around as a girlfriend”. Yes, it’s the same background telling too, and guess what? A gyaru who’s rumoured to be a sex-freak, and coincidently the crush of this creature, accepted his proposal of going out, just like that… JUST LIKE THAT. Guess the rumours did have some truth in them after all:)

And no, we didn’t just stop there. That girl literally led this loser to her home, because they’re now going out… asked him if he wanna go all out and have sex, because they’re now going out… and, straight up accepted the fact that it’d have been fine if they fucked like rabbits, BECASUE THEY’RE NOW GOING OUT lmaooooooooooooo.

We didn’t see sex or anything, because of course these dudes aren’t programmed that way. So, would not pretend to be surprised.

But man, this was some horrendously stupid first episode, might be top two this whole year in that category lol. Can just laugh it off.
@Softhenic03 Bro please I already have little to no motivation to watch this and you are killing even that...
Oct 6, 2023 12:25 PM

Apr 2021
Reply to Sokah
Trash. The horrible voice acting really clinched it for me to not force myself to watch an otherwise bad show.
Can we get past the cliche anti-sex boy protagonist already? The protagonist, looks, acts and sounds exactly like about 50 other awful MCs from the past few years.

@Sokah "If I agree to have sex with her then there will be no difference between me and her past douchey boyfriends so I'll refuse even though I'm definitely going to jerk off when I get back home while thinking about this moment and regret not doing it (canon)."

Ananlyzing the situation like a true incel
I love Monogatari Series
Oct 6, 2023 12:26 PM
May 2021
Reply to MoistGal
Dude got super close to contracting an STD :)
@MoistGal Lmao might as well get that by the end of season...
Oct 6, 2023 12:31 PM

Jan 2015
Fuck the haters, that was a really sweet romcom, really really liked it.
Oct 6, 2023 12:41 PM
Sep 2021
This is gonna be a good romance anime. It’s such a simple concept that I personally haven’t seen much before. A very experienced girl and a very inexperienced guy getting together.

He chooses not to be like the other guys she’s been with which surprises her greatly as she’s just used to being treated like an object thinking that this is the norm.

Hopefully, when she sees how good guys can be, she’ll fall for him.

This is going to be a great anime :D
Pages (7) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Keikenzumi na Kimi to, Keiken Zero na Ore ga, Otsukiai suru Hanashi. Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 24, 2023

79 by Fortress_Maximus »»
Jul 22, 3:23 PM

Poll: » Keikenzumi na Kimi to, Keiken Zero na Ore ga, Otsukiai suru Hanashi. Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 22, 2023

157 by TitledApollo741 »»
Jun 9, 12:55 AM

» How bad any anime can get?

rishamr - Apr 12

1 by Zarutaku »»
Jun 5, 2:12 AM

Poll: » Luna vs Maria

IRBIS1857 - Dec 8, 2023

41 by Zarutaku »»
Jun 4, 9:22 AM

» This anime destroy the stereotypes about popular girls

passtur - May 12

20 by SpiderMiles3523 »»
Jun 4, 8:54 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.