Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Café Terrace and its Goddesses
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Jun 23, 2023 9:51 AM

Nov 2011
We got some more background story on Hayato this episode...never too late I guess?

I think the highlight here is Hayato's past relationship with his grandmother. Got to know some info about the origins of the cafe too. It didn't stop the episode having some of its usual cringe moments though like with all the girls crying lol

Lol, season 2 in 2024. I think this is the first time I've seen Seo's anime getting a second season announcement

https://twitter.com/goddess_cafe_PR/status/1672286032417689600
Jun 23, 2023 9:51 AM

May 2020
I mean yeah Shiragiku has already gotten wind of those two confessions we had in last episode, and being oddly attracted to Hayato since the start, it goes without saying she wants to hop the bandwagon as well. Going on a shopping trip with him alone was just that one chance, where things one way or the other kind of eventually lead to we getting Shiragiku’s backstory. 

She knowing grandma since childhood was kind of easy to guess, given how we always see her being so insistent on protecting the cafe. She knew about the secret of grandma being a first-rate chef back in Spain too, which may not be a secret anymore as now she has shared the story with Hayato, but hey it made things easy for him to understand how and why granny started this cafe back then. It was for HIM, to raise him. 

Chapter 27 adapted and a sneak peek in the future. Hayato already has a daughter, and it’s been confirmed the winning girl aka the girl he would marry will be one of these five. I mean you never know with Seo Kouji, so yeah good for confirmation. Though god knows who.

Everything aside, it’s actually good to see this author writing something where we don't have to deal with unbearable drama every next minute or a main character just fucking dies or some uncalled time skips and twists souring the mood like no tomorrow. Like it or not that’s one thing but it’s true the author laid off his old methods here. 

Unlike any other Seo Kouji work, this should get a second season. It warrants that much at the very least, if we see the enjoyment factor. 

EDIT: It's already getting one anyways now. Good for author lol.
Softhenic03Jun 23, 2023 9:57 AM
Jun 23, 2023 9:52 AM

Jul 2017
With the new season of Fall, comes a new menu that Hayato hopes will bring in customers...but it falls on Shiragiku, it's just that the idea is tried before, though how different will things be this time, it's up to thought, especially when Akane already declared her love battle for him. Even though it's part-time work, Shiragiku is an important asset to Familia for the creation of new food, though her closeness to Hayato is that of a childhood friend level...because both of them are that way. And talking to the townsfolk to get ingredients, it's becoming clear that Shiragiku's connection to Hayato's grandmother is becoming obvious.

Shiragiku's past of her father being a protégé of Hayato's grandmother, the Goddess of Cooking, when the café Familia was at its peak. The encounter of both Hayato and Shiragiku is, might as well be one such encounter, because Fuwa was even there back in the day to save her out of trouble, out of Hayato's long-lost memories. And that spurred Shiragiku to take on Hayato's grandmother role as a former chef who's long due on her post because of him.

Indeed, much of Sachiko's involvement as a chef, only Hayato was there with her all the way, and if not for him, she would've opened her own restaurant franchise. But as the son whom his parents got killed in an accident, he thinks that he can only blame himself for all the troubles of his own grandmother. Which Shiragiku countered that his grandmother actually got better taking care of him, other than her business which was losing out, but none of that matters to her since he was her greatest happiness. Shiragiku's promise to Sachiko, she kept that promise to support him as familia...which got eavesdropped by the girls once again.

The momentary bit of Chapter 27 being the past and future of Hayato's life, he indeed got married with a daughter, but who he married to...will be left up to guess who won his heart!

With the picnic session like a declaration of love, for the longest time in a while, Seo Kouji's work got a sequel in the works coming next year.
Warranted, but will have to wait until Season 2 drops.
KANLen09Jun 23, 2023 7:31 PM
Jun 23, 2023 11:47 AM

Aug 2017
A Shiragiku focused episode, always good. She looked so cute when she was ''mad'' at Hayato. Ngl as a die hard Akane fan it's hard to root for anyone else, but I like them all and don't mind who wins, although Ouka would be a bit boring.

On to the next season! Also just saw that hot women with abbs got an entry, named Confectionery Seller, lol. 
Jun 23, 2023 11:57 AM
Nov 2018
People keep comparing this to Quintessential Quintuplets. I can see why now.
Jun 23, 2023 12:00 PM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Giku's reaction at seeing Hayato consider a future without her was fun. Her ability to get drunk from anything that has alcohol in it though must be exhausting. Hayato's gran really sacrificed a lot to help Hayato after the passing of his parents. Its nice that we finally got to see what lay behind the grans's choice of runnning the cafe and the effort she put in to raise Hayato. The timeskip in the end was a bit curious though. But a mystery that im looking forward to seeing realized in s2. Overall a neat finale that managed to end the season well enough and establish the foundation for the next season. Its nice that we finally got to see more of Giku and the past she had with Hayato while moving her to candidate status as well.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 23, 2023 12:00 PM

Mar 2021
Fantastic episode this series has been so fun to watch am super happy that we are getting a second season
Jun 23, 2023 12:10 PM

Feb 2021
Oh so they are gonna do a Quintessential Quintuplets then...

Jan 2023
A nice and sweet episode to end a decent series.
6/10 for the whole series from me!

Nov 2016
Let's go Kiku. Break the "childhood friend curse" Wouldn't mind a harem ending either.

This was enjoyable from start to finish with all characters being nice.

Moppit said:
People keep comparing this to Quintessential Quintuplets. I can see why now.

I liked Megami no Cafe way more than the first 13 episodes Gotoubun no Hayanome.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jun 23, 2023 12:12 PM

Apr 2014
A pleasant surprise is what I would call this anime. The first two episodes were very bad but with episode 3 it was getting better and better. The fan service was a miss most of the time, but the backstory of some of the female characters were quite intriguing. Akane and Riho are best girls by a long shot and I hope one of them is the 'winner' of this at sometimes trashy romcom.
Jun 23, 2023 12:14 PM

Jul 2022
no surprise here, this is a good one indeed.

Jun 23, 2023 12:15 PM
Aug 2022
I really enjoyed this anime a lot.
Man!!! Which of the girl He's!!!!
I'm really super duper excited.
I'm really on the tough spot I don't know for whom I should ship for.
Next Season Ouka-San will on the race I guess, really this getting super exciting.
I really like every characters except that old man & those 3 punks.
I'm super happy for Season 2 Announcement.
I really got the vibes of "The Quintessential Quintuplets"

Season 2 Announcement 🔥🔥
Ricky16Jun 24, 2023 4:29 AM
Jun 23, 2023 12:26 PM

Jul 2021
So they did include the biggest foreshadow of this show huh! Well I'd like if Akane or Riho take the win, but let's see where it goes
Jun 23, 2023 12:26 PM

Dec 2020
I really like the end of this season 1 also season 2 is announced nice.
We now know more about hayato and her grandma backstory and her past in spain.
Giku is really not good with alcohol.
P O S I T I V E V I B E Sシ

Jun 23, 2023 12:27 PM
Sep 2021
Very enjoyable haram, I hope they don't pull the quintessential quintuplets ending other than that i cant wait for season two. Ill give this season 7.69/10. The animation is 7.41/10 and character development 7.70/10. The op is super good ill give 8.12/10.
Jun 23, 2023 12:42 PM

Oct 2017
Finally the big reveal about Shiragiku and Hayato's grandma. Shiragiku is his childhood friend and his grandma did so much for him. Everyone else also found out about it and they even cried. We even got a glimpse in the future showing Hayato's daughter, I wonder who the mom is. The ending scene with Shiragiku lol, time to make babies. Hint that she's the mother?

Pretty decent adaptation of the manga, enjoyed watching it. Looking forward to s2 next year. Was hoping it would air this fall but oh well.
Jun 23, 2023 1:00 PM
Nov 2018
After watching this. I watch some of Quintessential Quintuplets season 1. There was actually a lot of hints who the main lead bride was going to be since I knew what to look for. Even at the firework she mentioned marrying the lead so his sister would be family. Was there anything like that in Cafe Terrace?
Jun 23, 2023 1:03 PM

Dec 2022
finally a harem protagonist who isn't oblivion
also i am on team Shiragiku because she fell in love with him first and the only one who also wants to marry him even though she isn't the first one who confessed
but the personality of the child was rather energetic so the mother could be ami still i am on team shiragiku
Jun 23, 2023 1:04 PM

Feb 2019
One of the more interesting harem set ups I’ve seen. Nice go have a harem MC who isn’t a loser and afraid of women. He’s also not oblivious to how the girls feel which is refreshing. Glad we got some of his backstory in this episode finally.

Finally some Shiragiku development. She and Hayato actually have a unique connection because of her dad and his grandma’s relationship. There’s a lot more to her than just drunk fanservice and this episode gave us a taste of that.

Mostly a solid harem anime, with a surprisingly good story and character development. All the girls feel like they have some substance to them. I didn’t love every episode, but most were pretty good

Battle lines been drawn with 3 of the girls openly liking him so I’m looking forward to season 2.
Marinate1016Jun 23, 2023 1:13 PM
Jun 23, 2023 1:07 PM

Jan 2022
Sadly, this is the end of the Goddesses at the Café Terrace... NO WE GOT A SEASON 2 LET'S GOO THE LEAKERS WERE TRUE. Concerning the episode, we finally get to see the background of another character, which are always quite interesting to see, now it'S Shiragiku, which has always been my favourite so far, to the demise of everyone else who seems to be team Akane. What's very funny about this is how similar her story is to Yotsuba from Quintessential Quintuplets, she gets to see him first during childhood, she was in love ever since, she's always been nice and supportive from the get go, funny stuff. We also get to learn more about the grand mother of Hayato which I liked to see and the professional cook wanting a chill life instead with his grand children is a nice thing to see. Overall I was satisfied with this anime as a harem anime, I liked it for it's harem plot, the goofy moments, the characters and very fire ecchi parts lol. I'll be there for season 2, definitively.
I like everything, ok
Jun 23, 2023 1:08 PM
May 2022
Great episode and an amazing end to the 1st season, can't wait for the next one. There is one thing that caught my eye, Hayato's daughter had purple hair in the anime and Hayato has blue hair so would that just mean that the girl that won could be Ouka considering she has red hair? I know this reasoning by color combinations sounds dumb but it could be a thing.
Jun 23, 2023 1:10 PM

Aug 2022
This was certainly a surprise for this season. I thought this would be a plain old harem anime with a boring mc and a bunch of annoying female characters. But I was wrong.

I’m glad it wasn’t to overbearing with the fan service imo.

It gives major quintessential quintuplets vibes. Except i actually like the mc of this show.

All the characters are great. The mc is a chad. Although I found ami kinda annoying in the beginning I ended up really liking her character.

Much like the quintessential quintuplets I have no clue who hayato will fall in love with.

That tease at the end though was certainly surprising. It at least confirmed he does fall for one of them.

Great show with a banging opening 9.1/10

Can’t wait for season 2. Very surprised it’s even getting one.
Jun 23, 2023 1:20 PM
Nov 2022
Good episode!!!

Good way to close the season, we learned that Hayato's grandmother was actually a renowned chef, who abandoned everything to take care of her grandson.

Shiragiku also confessed her feelings, so he puts her in the competition for Hayato.

The fact that Hayato's daughter appeared was surprising, very few anime/mangas/LN dare to show children before even showing the final couple, I give it a 10/10 rating there.

And finally, WE HAVE A SECOND SEASON!!!
LET'S FUCKING GOOOOOOOOO
Jun 23, 2023 1:28 PM
Mar 2023
Season 2 HYPED!!!
Jun 23, 2023 1:28 PM
Demon of Desire

May 2023
A great way to end the season. It had the right pace and was able to create anticipation for the second season with the teaser of the future of Hayacchi.

From the very start of the series, it felt similar to The Quintessential Quintuplets, which was great, as though I like proper fantasy harem anime's, sometimes a touch of reality is good, where the MC has to choose one of the ladies. The biggest plus point of this Megami no Café Terrace is that even though it is so similar to TQQ, it doesn't bore or seem repetitive. It has its own vibes, story-line and development of characters.

It was a relief that Satoshi Kuwabara was the one directing this (he directed The Quintessential Quintuplets too). Maybe again the series would get the second season with the ending being a movie.

I consider TQQ 9~8.5/10 due to the brilliancy of its series construction and conclusion. Megami no Café Terrace for now gets 8/10. Lets hope for a similar fun 'n romantic 2nd season.
Jun 23, 2023 1:34 PM
Dec 2021
for me, this was a shitty trash anime which i hated.
Jun 23, 2023 1:34 PM
Dec 2022
Akane, Riho, and Shiragiku are in love with Hayato! I couldn't have asked for better girls lol! I wouldn't have thought that one of the girls met him in the past, I'm glad it was Shiragiku since she is kinda my favorite. How much effort Grandma put into doing all of this for Hayato jsut warmed my heart. That future scene with Hayato's daughter was so amazing, but it frustrated me that we don't see who he marries!!
Jun 23, 2023 1:48 PM
Aug 2021
DolleFinn said:
Season 2 HYPED!!!

W profile picture
Jun 23, 2023 1:56 PM
Apr 2020
So the debate for the best girl should've ended this episode right?
Grandma all the way : )
Jun 23, 2023 2:05 PM
Apr 2022
Adorei o anime, tomara que ganhe uma segunda temporada
Jun 23, 2023 3:41 PM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
Are they going to pull a quintessential quintuplets and make Ami-chan be Hayato's wife

Speaking of, can't help but continue in comparing it to quintessential quintuplets, so let's do that shall we. This was WAY better than S1 of quintessential quintuplets, and perhaps the equivalent of S2, maybe even better actually. It took quintessential quintuplets pretty much the whole first season to warm up to the Fuutaro, if I remember correctly. Here though, the ball gets rolling much faster and the good stuff starts happening just a few episodes in. Which one has better writing, thats up to you, probably quintessential quintuplets, but I prefer the pace at which we are moving here in cafe terrace goddesses. Not that there's any real story going on here, but come on, at least stuff is happening. And while Hayato is by no means perfect, I personally prefer him way more than Fuutaro as a main character. Less of a pushover, and despite his cranky attitude a lot of the time, I can understand why they'd fall for him. Maybe I have just forgotten, but I don't remember any clear reason why any girl in quintessential quintuplets would fall in love with Fuutaro other than that the script demands them to. He was a really good tutor... I guess? Not that love needs a reason, but you know, usually in shows there's a clear moment for the audience to see when and why a character falls in love with another. Or maybe I just have a really poor memory and Fuutaro was an ultra giga chad and picked up mad b*tches like no one's business.

Anyway enough of that, THIS show slapped, thought it was gonna suck but quickly ended up loving it, idc what anyone else says.

7.6/10

NYANPASU
whiskey tango foxtrot

Jun 23, 2023 4:02 PM
Dec 2022
Lol, I'm so pumped rn man. Akane, Riho and Kiku have the hots for Hayato. Ha! And that sneak peek at the ending showing Hayato and his daughter. Means he actually chose one of 'em. Haha. This is getting really intriguing.
Jun 23, 2023 4:15 PM
May 2022
let me guess the wife of hayato it's Ami Chan no doubt cause she give me vibes of yotsuba
Jun 23, 2023 4:25 PM

Apr 2022
Did Ami win at the end?
Jun 23, 2023 4:32 PM

Apr 2019
Damn did this episode just fly by. Finally Shiragiku her backstory episode, wasn't too bad overall. Although it did feel kinda rushed but also not kinda rushed ya know? Like it felt like this whole thing could've lasted an episode and a half but they did it withing 20 minutes. Also shout out to Hayato's grandma for giving up on her dream just to raise him. 

So we also got our classic future teaser of Hayato having married one of the five and talking to their daughter at the end of the episode. Wasn't anything crazy special but at least he marries one of them; *cough* god above, let it be Akane *cough*.

The anime sorta felt like The Quintessensial Quintuplets but instead of having to tutor them, they tried to run a cafe instead. Which honestly would've made for a perfect arc in that series but I digress.
Pretty decent season overall, and we've already gotten confirmation on a second season slated for next year so let's go.  
Jun 23, 2023 5:36 PM

Oct 2020
The character designs this episode seemed a bit off this episode. Other than that the story concludes very nicely. I like the aggressiveness of Shiragiku's involvement in the story, her less dramatic entrance into Grandma's life, and her horniness is as wonderful and excessive as usual.

The reveal of Hayato's daughter near the end, though...definitely leaves a good chunk of the harem on thin ice. I won't elaborate here but it's interesting. But I do appreciate that the series has both a definite end girl and this kind of "how I met your mother" feel akin to The Quintessential Quintuplets. Love that Seo Kouji finally has an anime with another season greenlit after that mess of FUUKA.
Jun 23, 2023 6:17 PM
Aug 2018
Does anyone have information on the name of hsyato's daughter and which of the 5 girls is the mother? One of the theories tells me that it could be Ouka or Ami or Giku. If anyone else knows something or has another theory, please comment.
Jun 23, 2023 6:20 PM

Sep 2011
Mediocre end to a mediocre anime.  Whatever season season 2 airs in would have to be pretty barren to get me to watch it
Jun 23, 2023 7:28 PM

Jan 2021
Loved this final ep
Good ending
And Hayato and Shiragiku development
now waiting for 2 Season

Jun 23, 2023 8:27 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
The final episode being Kiku focused was a good choice since she’s one of the characters with the least amount of focus in the show up to this point, and the fact her little arc was tied so closely to Hayato’s grandma made it even better. A new level of feels was added thanks to the revelations of why Hayato’s grandma was working the cafe, that was a mostly sweet reveal, as well as the fact that Kiku knew Hayato long before the rest the girls which I think was hinted at earlier on in the show.

And now Kiku has officially entered the waifu war for Hayato now that she’s realized she doesn’t have to keep a secret anymore so that’s nice lol, got some great drunk moments in there to add onto it too. They also threw a time skip scene in there showing Hayato’s daughter, she was cute but this also confirms one girl wins so sadly the harem ending is out of the question now lol. And ending on a picnic with all the girls is a nice place to end on for now, and I say for now because hell yeah season 2 confirmed baby! I still wish this could have been a consecutive 2-cour but a 2nd season is more than good enough, can’t wait!

But what a damn good harem romcom anime this was, I mean such a good one. I don’t really have any complaints besides the fact Ami never got much focus, but even then she was very present in the show and hilarious at that so it’s not the worst thing, and knowing there’s another season means she may get her arc then which is another reason to look forward to it. When it comes to a best girl tho, it’s still really hard to pick currently, like I really can’t pick one because they’re all so great lol, a bit different from QQ where I was able to pick at least two favorites. This show also had one of the best OPs this season, visuals and song were so fun and catchy, and of course I liked the chill ED as well. Really looking forward to Season 2 and whatever harem anime come next season!
Jun 23, 2023 8:44 PM
May 2017
Very good ending episode. 5-toubun no Hanayome--, but very good anyway. Episode after episode, I learned to like the goddesses, all the five cute, lovely and very like the quintuplets... following 5-toubun no Hanayome formula, will Ami be the chosen goddess? Megami no Café Terrace Season 2 will continue the story in 2024.
Mene, mene, tekel, parsin
Jun 23, 2023 9:38 PM
Mar 2023
I was born team Akane, but life made me team candy lady.
The truth is that I am undecided between team Akane for my own preference, or whether to go with team Shiragiku for the lore as with Yotsuba Nakano, what I am clear about is that Ami acts as an NPC in that love triangle to date.
Jun 23, 2023 9:46 PM

Nov 2009
YooImHere said:
Great episode and an amazing end to the 1st season, can't wait for the next one. There is one thing that caught my eye, Hayato's daughter had purple hair in the anime and Hayato has blue hair so would that just mean that the girl that won could be Ouka considering she has red hair? I know this reasoning by color combinations sounds dumb but it could be a thing.
Well, it's not dumb, it's a thing called genetics, the fact that genetics would be respected in an anime is a little... meh... they usually don't, then you don't know if that hair is purple by a decision of the anime staff and not from the author, but I too had the same guess by the color of her hair ^^;
Jun 23, 2023 11:26 PM

Jan 2020
RIP Harem ending. Oh well at least we know he ends up choosing one of them. Not bad for a harem series because Hayato was a good mc unlike most
Jun 23, 2023 11:29 PM

Jan 2020
Anime-Otaku123 said:
Akane, Riho, and Shiragiku are in love with Hayato! I couldn't have asked for better girls lol! I wouldn't have thought that one of the girls met him in the past, I'm glad it was Shiragiku since she is kinda my favorite. How much effort Grandma put into doing all of this for Hayato jsut warmed my heart. That future scene with Hayato's daughter was so amazing, but it frustrated me that we don't see who he marries!!

Yea, those are the 3 best girls in the order they confessed. I thinks that Akane is probably the best fit for him but that Riho will win. Oh well, let’s see what happens. As long as Ouka doesn’t win it’s all good
Jun 24, 2023 12:23 AM

May 2019
So Kiku finally got her turn with her background and time with Hayato. She did meet him when they were both young and while he was a bit of an asshole he did defend her when that old man yelled at her for accidentally spilling ice cream on his shoes, and also apparently because he treated Hayato's grandma bad.

We also got more background on grandma herself and how she had planned on opening a restaurant in Spain but only to come back to Japan to raise Hayato. I'm glad that Kiku cleared up that grandma had no regrets in raising him rather than opening the restaurant as Hayato began to feel guilty and bad upon realizing the sacrifice his grandma made.

I liked this anime and I'm glad that its getting a 2nd season. With 5 girls here there's a lot more to that can be told. I wonder who the mom is of that girl that briefly appeared that is Hayato's daughter, honestly it looked more like it could've been Ami's daughter but so far we don't know much about her. It seems like the leading candidates for now are Akane, Riho, and now Kiku.

I thought that the character designs were nice (minus the censorship), and the animation was fine. The comedy bits were funny and I liked the homage to Street Fighter 2 when Ami beat up those guys in an earlier episode. A minor gripe is that early on the girls were mean to Hayato and even beat him up although I know that's mostly gag humor. Over time the girls have begun to respect Hayato as he has stepped up in both defending them and taking care of the cafe business. I am intrigued with the storyline so I will definitely watch the 2nd season when it begins airing. Overall I give this a 8/10 and I'm hopeful that season 2 will be even better.
Jun 24, 2023 12:25 AM

Feb 2018
papa & mama? what was that? is that imagination? or smth?
Jun 24, 2023 12:52 AM

Aug 2022
Kikuuuuu-chan. Lol getting season 2 already, let's gooo 
RafaBryanJun 24, 2023 12:55 AM
Jun 24, 2023 1:57 AM

Jul 2015
Hayato's future daughter conveniently had exact same hair and eye colour than him, so he can't tell who mother is.
But she gave off that serious Riho vibes.

Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Megami no Café Terrace Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 26, 2023

59 by ZuperZeko »»
Sep 27, 10:07 AM

Poll: » Megami no Café Terrace Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 16, 2023

65 by patkarunungan »»
Sep 24, 11:00 PM

Poll: » Megami no Café Terrace Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 9, 2023

42 by patkarunungan »»
Sep 24, 9:29 PM

Poll: » Megami no Café Terrace Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 2, 2023

58 by patkarunungan »»
Sep 24, 3:59 AM

Poll: » Megami no Café Terrace Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 19, 2023

87 by patkarunungan »»
Sep 23, 11:39 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.