Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Jun 10, 2023 11:38 AM

Jan 2009
so the children in the facility are all hiruko or man eaters eh

and mimihime is definitely the girl few episodes ago that died as a human and is cut in all of her body parts
Jun 10, 2023 11:52 AM
Apr 2023
what an episode bro everything is connecting now every single detail means something it's officially my favourite spring anime of the year. I got that vibe of this being a really good show from the episode 1 itself from the start i am loving the vibe , world building and plot

a 10/10 recommendation you will not regret it.it's just AMAZING!!!!
Jun 10, 2023 11:57 AM

Oct 2018
Mimihime is so fucking precious, it really makes me sad that
If you're a fanboy, please don't waste my time.

Watch more movies, please.

Perhaps, this is hell.
Jun 10, 2023 12:21 PM

Jul 2019
Man people really suck at not spoiling
Jun 10, 2023 12:26 PM

May 2015
Mimihime best girl!
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Jun 10, 2023 12:27 PM

Mar 2008
samsince04 said:
So the children are being groomed to become Hiruko? That term is still vague to me but it does make sense with some of the powers that they are displaying.

I would say is the contrary.
The Hiruko being "groomed" to become "humans".

Ishitateso said:

Why is that even interesting? Because their first sexual union resulted in a deformed child, "Hiruko" (“Leech Child,” the shinto god Ebisu), WHOM THEY SET ADRIFT IN A BOAT

Didn't knew about this part.
It's Sargon of Akkad history again! Even the Yayoi shared this myth, unbelievable.

ggloll said:
I felt uneasy watching this episode

And isn't amazing how the art style didn't need to change at all to perfectly convey the emotions? Crazy stuff.
PaninaManinaJun 11, 2023 5:57 AM
Jun 10, 2023 12:56 PM
Sep 2019
I knew that this episode would be all about the school with the skipped scenes. But I’m glad they did not skip the whole chapters and added them.
Jun 10, 2023 12:59 PM
May 2021
Wow so many things getting clear now. And also do Tokio has twin babies ? cause they showed 2 babies when that scientist fella put the baby to sleep at end
Jun 10, 2023 1:13 PM

May 2018
saws :O :O definitely nightmare material there
Jun 10, 2023 1:34 PM

Mar 2008
You know, the more you think about the details in this anime...

Think about the tragedy.
After the fall of the Academy/Paradise, Mimihime, Shiro and Ohma traveled together.
Something happened with Ohma and she transformed into a Hiruko. This was probably how Shiro/Usami learned the outcome of the disease and why he started to cut Mimihime. The situation we see on episode 7 was probably the result of Shiro still doing what he could to protecting Ohma and Ohma trying to protect Mimihime by staying close.
This is so sad.

The more you think about the details in this anime...
But that second baby is suspicious. I too remember seeing just one in the ultrasound, also one is clearly named after Tokio while the other is not. Why not both named after Tokio?
Also, no character in any point talks like there are two babies.
PaninaManinaJun 10, 2023 7:54 PM
Jun 10, 2023 1:38 PM
May 2021
GeoXsf9 said:
This episode cleared almost all the crucial things
Those kids being the man-eaters, Two different timelines, Mimihime being the girl that died 2 eps earlier, Maru being Tokio's son, The cloned child from Maru(or vice versa) being the one that Kiruko and Maru looking for etc.

Ep 11 gonna be fire

I’m so happy that I was correct about that being mimihime I deadass predicted that that was her by the end of the episode. So does that mean that shiro was usami?
Jun 10, 2023 1:38 PM

Feb 2019
Absolutely spectacular episode as usual! Loved the little detail with Mimihime’s ear being fur. I love how the plot thickens in this episode. So many questions and so many dots being connected at the same time. Some of the superpowers these kids have align with some we’ve seen in the Hirko in the present world. Man that nightmare sequence gave me chills. This story is getting better and better ever episode!
Jun 10, 2023 2:10 PM

Apr 2018
Yeah, this episode revealed quite a few things. What an absolute banger, I wish the present part was a bit longer. But, it seems like the kids are going to escape to the outside. And it's obvious what happend to them later on. It seems like to be a failed plan, because none of them are humans anymore. Not sure about Tokio though. But, it's getting really interesting. We also got to see Robin and the gang is close to him.

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
Jun 10, 2023 2:27 PM
May 2017
They think they could tell Heaven from Hell. Episodes 12 and the finishing 13 will be Heaven and Hell.
Mene, mene, tekel, parsin
Jun 10, 2023 2:37 PM
May 2014
maybe the scenes from Heaven are from the past and Maru and Kiruko are in the present and Maru is the son of Tokio?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 10, 2023 2:45 PM
Nov 2022
GOOOOOOOD WHAT A GOOD EPISODE!!

Now it turns out that they can transplant brains ._. (I think that's what happened to Kiru)

So Tokyo had 2 children?, or why were there 2?

On the other hand, it seems that the children will become monsters, but why? Why do all that? Military purposes or something?
Jun 10, 2023 3:00 PM

Sep 2013
So ever since the episode we learned about Kiruko's brain transplant that I knew the reason Robin disappeared was because he too was used for a brain transplant... however back then I just assumed it was the Doctor that passed his brain into a younger body. Now it begs the question: whose brain was it inside the Doctor to begin with?
Could it have been the old lady director or maybe the black haired dude that works directly under her?

Also, this episode's focus on Anzu and her being "smart". Was she the one that was shown in a flashback taking care of Maru putting him on this quest?
Jun 10, 2023 3:20 PM
Nov 2018
So I'm predicting that the test is them fighting man-eaters and a bunch of them will die and turn into them. That's why Mimihime saw Kona as a man-eater, because he's going to get turned into one. I'm also thinking Maru is one of the twins and sadly will be the only survivor of the children. I'm scared this is going to get Made in Abyss levels of dark stuff happening to children

Also, fuck that old lady for planning to force her brain into Aoshime's body.
Jun 10, 2023 3:23 PM

May 2007
Dang another amazing episode!

I really wanna rewatch all of the episodes but I can’t decide if I want to do that now before the last two episodes air or if I should just wait til it all ends.
Jun 10, 2023 3:25 PM

May 2016
only 2 more episodes? no way that can be it.
Jun 10, 2023 4:04 PM

Apr 2014
this is like seeing the lain, haibane renmei, ergo proxy, texhnolyze etc of this time but since current gen anime watchers only know crunchyroll exists,  they don't appreciate it enough to see why that's important.
Jun 10, 2023 5:26 PM

Oct 2021
A very Heaven-centric episode this time, I guess they decided to change the order from the manga. So it's pretty much confirmed now that the children at the Academy are Hiruko and Mimihime was the girl that died with Dr. Usami (Shiro). Also, Maru has a clone (probably who he's searching for) and the director seems to be aiming for immortality by transplanting her brain (like Haruki with his sister), because that always ends well. Everything's coming together as we near the end of this cour.

SeiyaTempestJun 10, 2023 5:47 PM
Jun 10, 2023 6:04 PM

Jan 2021
I didn't even realize that Tokio is turning into a woman, congrats on the baby though. Maru & Kiruko found an abandoned building with some leftover bread in a can.

The doctor doesn't want anything happen to the kid but the director thinks otherwise, what a scumbag. Maru & Kiruko found smoke coming from a building and are gonna investigate it the next day. Mimihime went through a horrible hallucination. The kids are getting an assignment to find the outside of the outside or whatever.
Jun 10, 2023 6:10 PM
Mar 2015
The end is near for Heaven
Jun 10, 2023 7:18 PM

Apr 2008
So Ohma's the kid with the crazy nightmare hallucination powers. I wonder how the hospital basement's babies were related to her then - maybe her children?
That power, combined with Mimihime's power to "see" into the future made her hallucination exponentially more awful: She experienced a nightmare that she will have to relive in the future when she is subject to dozens of machines in the hospital later. Mimihime's clairvoyance is really such a curse when she just gets sneak peeks into a horror-filled future, only alleviated by actually living through it later. 
SpirelordJun 10, 2023 7:36 PM
Jun 10, 2023 7:20 PM
Oct 2019
Unkn0wnfear said:
Ah hah. So the kids in the facility are the same as the monsters outside, but bred several times over to turn them into humanoids with abilities like the monsters. Makes sense. They could've revealed this several episodes ago because thus far all the sequences about these random kids have been incredibly dull and boring.
I think you're getting it backwards.
Jun 10, 2023 7:19 PM
Oct 2019
at lot of reveal.

So Enchou want her brain transplant into Aoshima body?

Mimihime Ear, which we thought this whole time was her weird hairstyle.

Now it's confirmed Ohma was the one who made Kiruko hallucinate in the parking lot.

Wait what, Tokio giving birth to Twin?

All the children was Hiruko or Man-Eater.
Jun 10, 2023 7:27 PM

Apr 2022
no way was mimihime about to go through all that torture twice in one episode lmao but her ears are wild.
most of this episode was set in the facility, interesting stuff. 
tokio jr. has been born. and this episode a very mysteriously uneasy air about it, i like that.

might end up increasing my score before this show ends.
Jun 10, 2023 7:48 PM
Aug 2021
Kast2 said:
Sekiro94 said:
Could guess chapter 32 is not ready yet since they skipped so many chapter its no wonder its heaven orientated scenes ep. But next ep is then... But we see Robin ehh
No there is, they just changed the order of the chapters (today were ch.35-37). The next episode will be chapters 32-34.
you're not completely right, this episode also has some scene from chapter 34 too. there's the scene of mimihime and kona, ohma and mimihime on this ep.
This episode is adapted ch.30, 31, 34, 35 only. So, no ch 32, 33, also no 36-37. They focused on academy and left majorly scene kiruko-maru scene and ofc robin too for next episode
Jun 10, 2023 7:53 PM

May 2015
Mimihime was really cool for being able to take her worst fear on two times just to comfort Ohma. With so much evidence of the kids being Hiruko in the future, it definitely makes this academy feel a whole lot more bitter.
Jun 10, 2023 8:07 PM
May 2022
This show just keeps pushing me to the edge of my seat. So Mimihime has ears like an animal? And apparently the kids are called Hiruko and they all know it. I thought the name was given after Man-eaters became what they are, but apparently they were already called that. I wonder if the kids already know they´re going to become those monsters. And the "test" they have to pass, are they being told to try and leave the faciltity? It sounds like it´s a trap. 
I really can´t wait for next episode. 
Jun 10, 2023 8:25 PM
Jul 2022
Thunder_1 said:
Apolygon2 said:
oh hell no, as if the manga readers collectively mentioning the chapter 32,
 wasn't enough to have my curiosity to the roof, they also end the episode on a giant question mark type cliff hanger?

and the episode was pure build up for what's to come?

are you kidding me? how am expected to not go crazy during one whole week of waiting after this shit!!!

FUCK..... I love this show. 

Do whatever you want you don't read chapter 32 , watch the next episode and end all of your curiosity i was traumatised after reading that chapter for a month!

I Repeat Don't Read The Manga just now!

Lol ch 32 was good (just a bit traumatic for people who can't handle it, but I am trained to watch these shits by Made In Abyss😂)
Jun 10, 2023 8:26 PM
Apr 2022
DexterDrubo said:
Thunder_1 said:

Do whatever you want you don't read chapter 32 , watch the next episode and end all of your curiosity i was traumatised after reading that chapter for a month!

I Repeat Don't Read The Manga just now!

Lol ch 32 was good (just a bit traumatic for people who can't handle it, but I am trained to watch these shits by Made In Abyss😂)

Me feeling kinda stupid now , Watching NTR is not good enough right now I guess! Gotta practice more NTR now so that I can survive those attacks!
Jun 10, 2023 9:08 PM

May 2019
Now I see why the director promoted Aoshima, so that she can have her brain transplanted into her and take her old position back, despicable. That director really is crazy and it seems that soon that whole facility is going to implode (I don't know if the director knows exactly what's going to happen next but I'm doubting it). I'm guessing the test will have these kids fight man-eaters or turn into them, either way the facility will most likely be done.

Regarding Tokio's kid (Maru) it looks like they cloned him as I don't think she had twins naturally but we'll see. Poor Mimihime, she was a nice innocent girl that went through torture, bittersweet that Dr. Usami was able to find Maru so that she could rest in peace and not turn into a man-eater at least. I'm looking forward to the next episode even though it sounds like it will be a nightmare.
Jun 10, 2023 9:29 PM
May 2017
The author was in his mothafucking bag writing this story. Looking at all these plot points tie into together is a sight to behold

5/5
Jun 10, 2023 9:42 PM

Nov 2012
I stupidly thought that old lady was righteous. The doc is a punkass bia for not warning the woman he likes that the obaba wants to take her body. 

I wonder if Tokio had twins or if one is a clone. 

I never knew Mimihime had ears like that. Seems as if her ability is to see the reality of things. Kona must really be that monster. and he smaller children must be those monster babies.
Jun 10, 2023 10:02 PM

Apr 2023
The Director is messed up, she's not sane at all. Tokio and Kona having telepathic connection is interesting. That Ohma kid is definitely the human-eater that also made Kiruko hallucinate... The robot also calls human-eater as Hiruko just like Maru does!

Jun 11, 2023 12:12 AM
Oct 2020
this show just continues to amaze me
Jun 11, 2023 1:02 AM
John Titor

Jul 2017
Looking forward to how the kids in the facility become the "hirukos" as Maru and Kiruko know them. It's unsettling how they're comfortable being called like that, yet intriguing.

Whether Tokio's babies are twins or clones, I'd really wish to know what's their connection with Maru. I was really surprised to see "two" of them.
Mi música chiptune (auténtica, no fakebit) / My chiptune music (real, no fakebit)
YouTube
Battle of the Bits
SoundCloud
Jun 11, 2023 1:17 AM
Jan 2023
dragynfaerie said:

I wonder if Tokio had twins or if one is a clone. 

I guess it's a clone, because the nametag of the second is 'Tokio Jr. C.'
Jun 11, 2023 2:09 AM
Jul 2022
Everything is starting to fall in place and I'm super excited to see if my theories are correct!
Jun 11, 2023 3:12 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Another excellent episode. This show is so good!
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Jun 11, 2023 3:43 AM

Sep 2013
So much info given in this episode, they're not even trying to be vague about what's going on anymore, the puzzle is almost complete !

With the help of AI for around 18 years this structure is making homonculus with special abilities to create the perfect being, the new Adam (this being Maru), making a new place for humanity reclaiming the world bit by bit in this "paradise"

And like in the first The Last of Us 

Then 15 years later Maru is chilling with Haruki killing some of the other artificial humans now being full monsters roaming a post apocalyptic Japan

Really cool !
Deep dark fantasies
Jun 11, 2023 4:42 AM

Aug 2017
Both the childbirth scene and the first Himimaru's allucination were quite good (my hearth was pounding, hard), but I'm a bit lost as to where the series is going. I may have to rewatch it when it is over.
Jun 11, 2023 5:27 AM
Aug 2020
It's starting to make some sense now,

the director wants the outside world to also become heaven by letting the Hiruko out,
but something goes wrong and the Hiruko develop into the man eaters

I think that some man-eaters do have an active concscience like the halluicination one from the basement, which I think is Ohma
And I still think that at the beginning of the season, the man eater which ate the woman with the gun, also did have a pure conscience ended up being corrupted.

And (iirc) they said in a previous episode that the man eaters were once humans.

We still don't know the reason why Hiruko's become corrupted into these man eaters but we can see that it does definitely happen from Mimihime's foresight on Kona
Jun 11, 2023 5:49 AM

Sep 2008
I think the children will become man eaters after death which would also explain why the doctor and his wife? were still human in the future. He said he kept her alive to prevent her from becoming one until Maru came along. Realizing this is also pretty sad considering that “hallucination” happened of Kona as a man eater in the room, at least that’s how I saw it. The little girl clearly is going to wind up dying and becoming that man eater in the underground. Something really bad is going to happen in this test, I’m sure of it which might result in a lot of fatalities and the start of their transformations. Ugh I can’t stop watching, I got way more invested in this than I anticipated.
:)
Jun 11, 2023 5:52 AM

Sep 2008
JenetteBagHead said:
I think the children will become man eaters after death which would also explain why the doctor and his wife? were still human in the future. He said he kept her alive to prevent her from becoming one until Maru came along. Realizing this is also pretty sad considering that “hallucination” happened of Kona as a man eater in the room, at least that’s how I saw it. The little girl clearly is going to wind up dying and becoming that man eater in the underground. Something really bad is going to happen in this test, I’m sure of it which might result in a lot of fatalities and the start of their transformations. Ugh I can’t stop watching, I got way more invested in this than I anticipated.

Oh wait but he wasn’t infected with anything and killed himself so scratch that, this has me even more confused. Maybe it’s just the plague running in the facility that ultimately makes them into man eaters. That would track.
:)
Jun 11, 2023 6:08 AM

Mar 2008
I see the letters "ch" and my vision turns off.
But I glad that people are throwing obvious spoilers in the open.

KuroharuDere said:
The Director is messed up, she's not sane at all. Tokio and Kona having telepathic connection is interesting. That Ohma kid is definitely the human-eater that also made Kiruko hallucinate... The robot also calls human-eater as Hiruko just like Maru does!

I don't think she is that crazy.
Just imagine, if in this world brain transplant was possible and safe.
And if they could "manufacture" "humans" with special powers.
Is hard to believe that someone could joint the two? I may be wrong, but looks like the goal of that group is create healthy hirukos to use tier bodies to transplant the brains of the investors. They would be young again and have super natural powers, they would be "like gods".

Musk and his ilk would be first in line.

ropiel said:

With the help of AI for around 18 years this structure is making homonculus with special abilities to create the perfect being, the new Adam (this being Maru), making a new place for humanity reclaiming the world bit by bit in this "paradise"

Then 15 years later Maru is chilling with Haruki killing some of the other artificial humans now being full monsters roaming a post apocalyptic Japan

Because of that painting of the japanese gods, makes me think if the mangaká thought about some allegory with Maru in this story.
It's a common mythological trope I think, the new generation of gods killing the old generation.
Jun 11, 2023 6:54 AM
Nov 2015
Awesome as always.
Jun 11, 2023 6:58 AM

Jan 2019
Maru having a twin was something I did not expect, though I'd guess when they meet up with them in the future timeline it'll be the Director's brain transplanted into the body.

They're definitely layering the tension on thick in the facility, I'm looking forward to the horror show next episode!

Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tengoku Daimakyou Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 17, 2023

485 by HagePotPotato »»
Yesterday, 12:53 PM

Poll: » Tengoku Daimakyou Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 24, 2023

478 by BillSpyro »»
Oct 10, 3:54 PM

Poll: » Tengoku Daimakyou Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 29, 2023

133 by Nia-same »»
Oct 2, 7:13 AM

Poll: » Tengoku Daimakyou Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 8, 2023

342 by Protokin »»
Oct 2, 12:40 AM

Poll: » What would you do if your waifu told you she is like Kiruko? [SPOILER]

Zarutaku - Feb 11

26 by Zarutaku »»
Sep 22, 11:01 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.