Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Vinland Saga
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Apr 17, 2023 3:13 PM
Jul 2022
The animation quality and detail were insane in this episode. Absolutely perfect.
Apr 17, 2023 3:33 PM

Jul 2020
I swear to God every episode in this season is almost perfect (very much unlike season 1).
I'm glad there's a glimmer of hope for Arnheid and her husband but judging by the preview she didn't even run away with him? I'd love them both to escape and live free somewhere but I know better than expect such a happy ending from this show lol.
Apr 17, 2023 3:38 PM
Apr 2023
What is the last song beginning when soldier arrive at the farm please ?
Apr 17, 2023 3:46 PM
Jul 2021
the pace is too slow, all we saw was a guy run away and thorfin finding a dream to pursue... and the dream was really easy for them to find "oh I just remembered" bruh.
Apr 17, 2023 4:08 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Damn Arnheid's husband escaping and killing the ones that want to stop him that's rough, I wonder how it will affect Arnheid as a whole now that they're searching for them...
Apr 17, 2023 4:56 PM

Mar 2010
I was against with Arnhied being happy but now that they escaped i'm actually hoping they make it out. But BUT for them to be killed later on lolz.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Apr 17, 2023 5:00 PM
Jan 2021
Storytelling on another Level 🔥👌🏿
Apr 17, 2023 5:03 PM

May 2016
Man the situation is so complicated giving justice will be really hard.
Apr 17, 2023 5:08 PM

Jan 2011
after this episode Thorfinn manages to kick Kongming Zhuge outta my top 10 fav characters, surprising considering Thorfinn gave me a bad first impression during the first episodes
Apr 17, 2023 5:22 PM

Apr 2022
this was definitely one of my favorite episodes so far, i loved the atmosphere.
interested to see how arnheid and gardar end up and nice of thorfinn to want to make peace.

i found it funny though how it took that guy 1 second to deduce the fact that his partner was dead, crazy good eyes.
Apr 17, 2023 5:33 PM
Apr 2015
just boring dialogue with some simple action
Apr 17, 2023 5:34 PM
Oct 2015
Is it just me or the animation in this one was supreme?

And not to say that in general Vinland Saga suffers from bad animation but if it usually 8/10 this episode felt like 11/10.
I have no clue what they did different in this episode but was highly impressed with the animation, one of the best I've seen.
Apr 17, 2023 5:35 PM
Nirai Kanai

Dec 2012
Amazing episode! Truly has me wonder in which direction it can go! 

The World Suffused with Sound.
Apr 17, 2023 5:59 PM

Jun 2015
KeyYamBow said:
Fuck it I'm reading the manga, I can't wait another week!!
You'll not regret it, the pages are mesmerizing
Apr 17, 2023 6:02 PM

Jun 2022
zzzzzz I fell asleep, hopefully snake kills gardar and arnheid next ep
Apr 17, 2023 6:31 PM
Mar 2015
She just can't stay away from her husband
Apr 17, 2023 6:43 PM

Jul 2016
PinkGolaith said:
the pace is too slow, all we saw was a guy run away and thorfin finding a dream to pursue... and the dream was really easy for them to find "oh I just remembered" bruh.

The show is not supposed to be fast paced helter skelter. 

It is designed to show character growth and change. 
Apr 17, 2023 7:01 PM

Jun 2019
War & Slavery

I really loved The scene where Arnheid's husband apologizes to her is a powerful moment in the episode. It shows that he is willing to admit his mistakes and take responsibility for his actions. Meanwhile, Thorfinn's debate with Einar about how to end war and slavery is also a highlight of the show. The argument that war is the real reason for slavery is a thought-provoking one. It raises the question of how much of our history has been influenced by conflict and bloodshed. Overall, I think that this episode does a great job of exploring some important themes and ideas. It's well-written and visually stunning as always.

Compared to season 1, season 2 is better.
Apr 17, 2023 7:24 PM

May 2021
Decent episode, 6.5/10.
Apr 17, 2023 7:25 PM
GetsugaTENSHO

Jul 2012
Zukan123 said:
The guard did that one nice thing for Arnheid and the Bitch haggled, (She was not even treating him) until Gardar got the chance to brutally murder him. Then as expected both fled and must pay for their crimes, but looks like ol Thorfinn going to step in next episode to virtue signal the treatment of slaves than arrest the murderers lol
張大です for 張大勇督察
Apr 17, 2023 7:31 PM
Certified Simp

Feb 2017
WOW dude. Just WOW.

This episode was incredible. Beautifully done. I loved hearing Thorfinn talk about Vinland!!

I'm super keen for everything to come together. And for Thorfinn and Einar to eventually go on a journey. Great anime, extremely well directed.
Apr 17, 2023 7:38 PM
Sep 2017
Deep episode, character development, not many action as usual in this season
Apr 17, 2023 7:58 PM

Jul 2013
I had wondered how Arnheid would get a chance to see her husband and tend to his wounds. If Snake hadn't had to make his way to the mistress and the retainer hadn't been persuaded, it would probably never have happened. The second meeting was a much more emotional one for Arnheid as much seemed to resurface from her ephemeral life with both Garad and Hjalti. Especially since Garad apologized for his big mistake and kept saying that he would like to start over with her.

Still, I felt bad for the retainer who let her see Gardar only to have his throat bitten off afterwards. With an even worse situation overall, Arnheid was now faced with the choice of freeing Garad and attempting to escape, or abandoning his fate to him. Snake was visibly pissed off after having to find his dead men. Since Gardar was apparently wounded again, he and Arnheid couldn't have gotten very far, prompting a search operation to begin.

I can absolutely understand that Thorfinn wants to distance himself from all the violence, wars and inhuman conditions in order to be able to do penance for his fleeting deeds. While I'm glad Thorfinn has found a new purpose, eradicating slavery and wars around the world definitely sounds like a dream. As Einar directly replied, Nords can create certain situations in which you have to defend yourself, your family and friends in order not to get killed or even end up as a slave again. So I'm not exactly sure which path Thorfinn will take. Maybe he'll make it to Vinland and live the peaceful life he's currently dreaming of.

With the appearance of Snake's men, Thorfinn immediately understood that it must have something to do with Garad's escape. What might happen when Thorfinn and Einar meet Gardar and Arnheid? What decisions will Thorfinn in particular make when Snake and his men decide to take action? I can't wait for next week.

Apr 17, 2023 8:02 PM
May 2017
The peak streak continues. Damn Gardar really has the dawg in him, he ripped that dudes throat out like a rednose pitbull named cupcake. Arnheid was caught between a rock and a hard place, honestly who could blame her choice to save her man.

Thorfinn and Einar had a nice breakthrough in their conversation. Obviously they can't stop war and slavery so they'll move to a new land and start a community where that doesn't exist. That's a much more realistic goal, and even that is far fetched as shit. I wish them luck

Next episode looks like they choose to side with Arnheid and Gardar, which puts them at odds with Snake. Now how will they accomplish anything if they don't physically fight I wonder? Snake already lost so much men, words definitely won't reach him. Not like it would've before, he won't listen to a bunch of slave scum. Neither Thorfinn or Einar possesses Naruto's TNJ or the charismatic sway of Erwin Smith. Ah this most definitely has no way of ending well..

5/5 episode really damn good
Quanda1eDing1eApr 17, 2023 8:06 PM
Apr 17, 2023 8:18 PM

Jun 2022
I wonder how Thorfinn and Gardar will eventually meet. Would Einar try to ally wiht Gardar or save Arnheid from him? So many unanswered quesitons. 
Apr 17, 2023 8:21 PM
Dec 2020
melhor anime fodase
Apr 17, 2023 8:39 PM

Sep 2020
iamKetranLang said:
Zukan123 said:
The guard did that one nice thing for Arnheid and the Bitch haggled, (She was not even treating him) until Gardar got the chance to brutally murder him. Then as expected both fled and must pay for their crimes, but looks like ol Thorfinn going to step in next episode to virtue signal the treatment of slaves than arrest the murderers lol
Dude doesn't know the cause of Gardar's action it seems. Gardar was a slave who was treated very badly. Now when he finally able to escape and wants to reunite with his family, Snake and his men aren't allowing him to do so. What kind of reaction are you expecting from him anyway ?

And Arnheid was in tough situation she knew that if she help her husband she will never get the sequrity and protection for her next child she wanted to sacrifice all for her 2nd child but one the other hand she also doesn't want her husband to get killed.
Apr 17, 2023 9:14 PM
Apr 2021
hermoso cap!! me atrapo, olvide que estaba viendo un anime, talvez sea por lo bien hecho que esta y la música es perfecta
Apr 17, 2023 9:17 PM

Jul 2016
Someone give Arnheid's VA an award, please. Hearing her cry hurts my soul.
Apr 17, 2023 9:23 PM
Nov 2019
its starting to take a peak at the 11/10 for me
Apr 17, 2023 9:44 PM

May 2019
Based Gardar pulling a Jack Bauer and biting that dudes neck.
Apr 17, 2023 10:40 PM
Jul 2019
I wasn't wrong shit did hit the fan now Gardar and Arnheid are on the run I don't see this ending well for either party, also the scene with Thorfinn and Einar talking about how they wanted to end war and slavery at the shed was beautiful.
Apr 17, 2023 11:24 PM

Feb 2014
I expected Arnheid's trip to the camp where Gardar was held would result in something drastic happening and, as Snake went out, things turned bloody and chaotic rather quickly. It's sad to see Arnheid in such emotional turmoil when she was speaking to Gardar, but as the guards became too lax and complacent, Gardar made his move to kill one of the guards by biting part of his neck completely clean off before succeeding in convincing Arnheid to free him, which resulted in the other guards at the base to be killed off. Snake's pissed off look is one that I wouldn't want to mess with, as he vows to kill Gardar if he is found.

Meanwhile, Thorfinn and Einar couldn't get much sleep over the previous events involving Gardar and Arnheid, which led to Thorfinn voicing out his wish for a world without any war or slavery. During his discussion with Einar about it, it led to the conclusion that what he strives for pretty much felt like an impossible task, but I'm glad that Thorfinn remembered the story that Leif told him when he was young, about the land that he was able to sail to all those years ago.

With how much he wants to do what he can do show atonement for what he's done in the past, I do commend Thorfinn with this goal in mind, regardless of how tough it'll be to see it through.

Overall, this was another great episode. I do look forward to seeing what'll happen next with Gardar once again being free and on the run at the farm.
Apr 18, 2023 12:51 AM

Dec 2020
Nishinga said:
Is it just me or the animation in this one was supreme?

And not to say that in general Vinland Saga suffers from bad animation but if it usually 8/10 this episode felt like 11/10.
I have no clue what they did different in this episode but was highly impressed with the animation, one of the best I've seen.
The people who worked on this episode were different from the regular people who work on Vinland anime.
most people on this episode were from AOT s4 crew, ig that's the reason for the quality difference from the rest of the episodes .
Apr 18, 2023 2:04 AM
Jan 2018
Welp, Arnheid is now an accomplice. Gotta face the consequences head on, should be interesting how this pans out next episode.
Apr 18, 2023 2:04 AM

Aug 2021
Felt so bad for Arnheid this episode ;--;
The morning scene was so breathtakingly beautiful!
Apr 18, 2023 2:48 AM
Oct 2022
I knew Arnehid is a caring wife but never thought she was gonna cut that rope.
Apr 18, 2023 3:47 AM
Apr 2023
Hope Thorophine will fight.. if not a waste of a good anime.
Apr 18, 2023 3:51 AM

Oct 2022
Arnheid had full hope in Gardar to be able to cut that rope in front of the one's who can kill her any moment, if they noticed her do something out of the blue.
Apr 18, 2023 4:09 AM
Mar 2023
Well tied up with the foreshadowing of Vinland in the first season. Moreover, it provides a clear purpose of pursuing Vinland
Apr 18, 2023 4:20 AM
Dec 2022
it felt really short but i enjoyed it probably that's why it felt really short
Apr 18, 2023 4:22 AM

Jul 2021
Great stuff with all the pack of tension,  being a slave ain't an easy job to get away with it due to the war and they have to make a living out of themselves,  I can see why Arnheid seems quite in a nerve state but hey, they gotta escape till home awaits.. War and Slave are two elements that goes along with each other, but made a larger impact on other lives, in a bad way.
"......If I told you that I was a real witch, would you believe it?"

Apr 18, 2023 4:43 AM
Mar 2021
Pre_Yum said:
Arnheid really wants to see Gardar but she has to go through Snake but she found out a way to meet Gardar. But, damn that meeting was so emotional. I felt so bad there. But, Gardar wasn't going to take everything as it was. He took down another one of Snake's men. That poor guy who was being soft on Arnheid ended up having the worst fate. But, looks like all of them are after him now. There's no escape.

On the other hand, Thorfinn has to carry the burden of all the people he killed and now he finally remembers the words of Leif of the land without war and slavery. Einar and Thorfinn talk about a world without violence which is inevitable. But, my goodness, what an episode. It was so beautiful. Looks like the AOT staff that was involved popped off in this Vinland episode. A great and beautiful episode directed by Tokio Igarashi and storyboarded by Shingo Uchida. The corrections from Manabu Akita were visible as well. Incredible episode. Wow.

Bro loves the word but
Apr 18, 2023 6:05 AM

Sep 2014
is the rest of the story going to be this slow as well? This feels pretentious.
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Apr 18, 2023 6:05 AM
Mar 2023
Man, i never seen this amount of amazing character development. Bathtaking episode ✨
Apr 18, 2023 9:02 AM

Jul 2014
Oh boi Arnheid and her husband are screwed
Apr 18, 2023 9:54 AM
Aug 2022
Just what's with VS this Season.

It's nothing just Peak almost every week.
The writing of Makoto Yukimura is just Masterpiece.
And, the animation, the storyboarding, backgrounds, key animations, music, voice acting, everything of the series is just beyond Peak and Masterpiece level.
I have not enough words to describe how Peak VINLAND SAGA is this Season.
Really far better than first Season.
Apr 18, 2023 10:18 AM
Dec 2020
I love the direction this anime is moving into. The character development and contrast to season 1 is done really well. This is bound to be one of the best of our day
Apr 18, 2023 10:42 AM
Oct 2022
For me this is the episode where Peakland Saga kicks in. One of the most important episode of the s2 of Vinland saga and mappa didn't fail to deliver it! I really loved it! The background music during Thorfinn's speech, animations, visuals everything was just perfect! Truly a masterpiece!
Apr 18, 2023 10:50 AM

Feb 2019
Zukan123 said:
You're not far from the truth. These two just dig their own graves. 

Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Vinland Saga Season 2 Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Feb 20, 2023

176 by FarCritical »»
4 hours ago

Poll: » Vinland Saga Season 2 Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Feb 13, 2023

172 by FarCritical »»
9 hours ago

Poll: » Vinland Saga Season 2 Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Feb 6, 2023

193 by FarCritical »»
10 hours ago

Poll: » Vinland Saga Season 2 Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 30, 2023

252 by FarCritical »»
Yesterday, 11:02 AM

Poll: » Vinland Saga Season 2 Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 19, 2023

491 by Hasirama29 »»
Yesterday, 7:53 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.