Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Apr 9, 2023 9:05 AM

Jul 2021
struggler_sensei said:
JaniSIr said:

Oh ye, I even started watching Macross, but the second episode was about a guy on a mech trying to stand straight. Lame.

And most renowned by whom exactly?
Renowned by the world my dude. Kurosawa is one of the most important and influential filmmakers in the history of cinema, go ahead and google "most important filmmakers in history" and you'll find Akira Kurosawa's name in any single list or article on the matter.

That's cool and all, I just see no reason to actually consider any of those articles an authority on this subject, when I only watched 3 of their movies and liked none.
This dance is the pinnacle of human achievement.
Apr 9, 2023 9:29 AM

Aug 2022
JaniSIr said:
That's cool and all, I just see no reason to actually consider any of those articles an authority on this subject, when I only watched 3 of their movies and liked none.
I thought you'd said you'd never heard of him, and now you say you've seen 3 of his films? Well, regardless of your personal opinion on his films he is still one of the most renowned filmmakers who won a shit ton of awards for his films and one of the most influential filmmakers who influenced directors from Sergio Leone to Quintin Tarantino. 
Apr 9, 2023 9:32 AM

Apr 2015
-Gintama isn't funny
-Kirito and Asuna are decent characters
-Ecchi and CGDCT are as good as any other genre
-There is nothing wrong with lolis
-Miku is the worst character in Date a Live
-Saber characters in Fate are boring and overrated
-Tanjiro isn't unique, the same as every other shounen protag
-Yaoi and Yuri are the worst genres
-We need more anime featuring girls with abs
-We need more reverse traps to balance out traps
"Well, she's flatter than a pancake"
-Mimi Alpacas
"Woof"
-Tobiichi Origami 
"Are you trying to turn the dormitory into a strip club!?!
-Atena Saotome 
Apr 9, 2023 9:38 AM

Jun 2021
SAO's Mothers Rosario is better than FMA at times. And this is coming from FMA's biggest fan and admirer of all time. Yuukisuna = SisTP.
ねえ、それはあなたです! あなたがカズマやトーマが好きなエッチ/ハーレムファンなら、女性を「平等に」扱うので、女性を殴る/軽蔑する2人のマッチョな男性か、Free!/YOIが好きだがフェアリーテイルの悪を話すTumblrファンガールです/ DxDとSAOは、ファンサービスがあり、アニメやマンガでBL / LGBTQ +ファンサービスが好きで、自分を「フェミニスト」と呼んでいるためです。自分は偽善者に過ぎず、価値観を再考し、これらの二重で停止する必要があることを知ってください。標準。 真剣に、それを止めてください😁。 #MenHaveTheRightToWorkInShortsInHotDays #MALMemberSince2010#Kirisuna Nico Nico no Hyouryuuken!
https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLMsHeAUgW0lgREhidvVfUeeXb2M5WTADZ (Music about God).

*Bill Clinton's voice* I did not have sexual relationships with that anime girl. *Hilary Clinton's voice* waifu's rights are human rights, and human rights are waifu's rights. *God Emperor Donald Trump's voice* Yaoi anime will soon be illegal. All fujos will be arrested.

Apr 9, 2023 9:40 AM

Jul 2021
struggler_sensei said:
JaniSIr said:
I thought you'd said you'd never heard of him, and now you say you've seen 3 of his films? Well, regardless of your personal opinion on his films he is still one of the most renowned filmmakers who won a shit ton of awards for his films and one of the most influential filmmakers who influenced directors from Sergio Leone to Quintin Tarantino. 

Not his specifically, but from your entire list.
I watched Psycho, Clockwork orange and Shining.
(Though couldn't have told you who Kubrick was, even though I did watch some of his movies)
Apr 9, 2023 9:54 AM

Aug 2022
JaniSIr said:
(Though couldn't have told you who Kubrick was, even though I did watch some of his movies)
Right, so you weren't even referring to Kurosawa films. Well watching only 3 films from 2 directors, that have made shit tons of films, out of a list of numerous other directors who are considered globally as the world's most important and influential directors hardly makes you an expert in being able to judge who are the most important and influential directors. You're kinda outta your depth here kid.
Apr 9, 2023 9:55 AM

Nov 2022
Evangelion is extremely pretentious .
AOT is probably the most overrated anime ever
People who mostly watch  mainstream shounen have no taste.
Rent-a-girlfriend gets unnecessary hate just because MC is wimpy.
Aldnoah Zero season 2 was better than season 1 
Your lie in april  , Silent Voice , Anohana aren't depressing. I watched them with stone face lol
Fate /stay night (2006) is best part of the series
Redo of Healer plot is quite interesting
Apr 9, 2023 9:59 AM

Aug 2022
tomasowa said:
Unfortunately, my hot take would also fall under rant.
Anime does an effing asinine job portraying the average Japanese introvert.

Nothing can convince me their creators do not do this on purpose, as an insult.
Never have I ever seen anyone in Japan not help another person in need, let alone when in danger.

Even the most silent person in a crowd does not freeze when seeing injustice nor do they have a mental breakdown and argue to themselves about helping.
Neither do they pretend to not see the injured and walk on by.

Some of it might make sense in the United States, especially when people run from an active shooter.
But even in this scenario, anyone able to call the authorities will and the same goes for the Japanese, who are not a gun culture ...
I wonder why, since I cant imagine many animators being extroverted themselves so why would they do that to introverted characters unless thats how they think theyd react (not that they would, im thinking more of a self-image thing) also I guess it depends on the anime, I'm sure there are anime that show introverts in a more realistic way. 
Apr 9, 2023 10:23 AM

Oct 2021
- Baccano is one of the most overrated titles ever
- Ecchi is a good genre
- Evangelion is a really good franchise (yes, including the rebuilds)
- Horror is one of the best genres
- Umineko adaptation wasn't that bad
- Darling in the FranXX sucks
- 99% of isekais are not worth the time and money to adapt into anime
Apr 9, 2023 10:24 AM

Jul 2021
struggler_sensei said:
JaniSIr said:
Right, so you weren't even referring to Kurosawa films. Well watching only 3 films from 2 directors, that have made shit tons of films, out of a list of numerous other directors who are considered globally as the world's most important and influential directors hardly makes you an expert in being able to judge who are the most important and influential directors. You're kinda outta your depth here kid.

I don't actually care if they made good movies or not, proving that I have a trash taste was just how you wanted to steer the conversation.
But I can totally reject your elitist view of who is the most influential, based on what some random Google search results say about authors whose works didn't hold up well enough to have a mainstream appeal on their own.
Apr 9, 2023 10:25 AM

Jan 2021
- Monster is an absolute piece of trash which is an insult to psychological anime, and Johan isn't a good manipulator since most of the time we don't even see him doing his manipulations.

- I don't know if this is spicy but Evangelion never gets confusing, people just are unable to grasp some things if they aren't explained like if they were babies.

- Konosuba is a far better isekai deconstruction than Re:Zero can ever hope to be.

- Kanojo Okarishimasu is a far better romcom than Kaguya-sama and Sono Bisque Doll.
Apr 9, 2023 10:26 AM

Jul 2021
HexTwist said:
Baccano is one of the most overrated titles ever

Finally someone agrees with me. It's just 3-4 boring stories interleaved for no reason, beyond confusing the viewer.
Durarara actually made use of showing things in a weird way, but not Baccano.
Apr 9, 2023 10:29 AM

Aug 2022
HexTwist said:
- Baccano is one of the most overrated titles ever
- Ecchi is a good genre
- Evangelion is a really good franchise (yes, including the rebuilds)
- Horror is one of the best genres
- Umineko adaptation wasn't that bad
- Darling in the FranXX sucks
- 99% of isekais are not worth the time and money to adapt into anime
most of these except the Baccano take are about as spicy as the taco bell mild salsa man.
Apr 9, 2023 10:35 AM

Oct 2019
Some anime Dubs are way better then the sub

It's rare for Japanese authors to write a decent ending, I heard the reason for this in some forums but It still really upsets me that most of the time when I watch/read a series the I know the ending will be "meh".

The peak of Naruto (from Sasuke vs Deidara fight untill Pain Invasion) is actually the best part not only in Naruto but in general when it comes to the big 3 with One Piece's Impeal Down-marineford close second. 

Apr 9, 2023 10:35 AM
Jul 2018
UberBat said:
All the worst people lived in Attack on Titan
Literally. Erwin, Mike, Sasha got killed. Erwin was the best character hundred percent.
Apr 9, 2023 10:39 AM

Aug 2022
JaniSIr said:
I don't actually care if they made good movies or not, proving that I have a trash taste was just how you wanted to steer the conversation.
But I can totally reject your elitist view of who is the most influential, based on what some random Google search results say about authors whose works didn't hold up well enough to have a mainstream appeal on their own.
Man, I'm not steering the conversation you're just in the minority opinion when it comes to films dude. And it is wild you don't realize that these films have mainstream success lol. Like Seven Samurai was ripped off by the magnificent Seven which then got a remake and also seven samurai has an anime based on it (though it differs loads since it's an anime lol). It's also not elitist to state what is considered influential and important by consensus. Like, you could say you don't like Black Sabbath but it wouldn't take away from the fact that they are widely considered one of the most important and influential bands in metal.
Apr 9, 2023 10:55 AM

Jul 2021
struggler_sensei said:
JaniSIr said:
Man, I'm not steering the conversation you're just in the minority opinion when it comes to films dude. And it is wild you don't realize that these films have mainstream success lol. Like Seven Samurai was ripped off by the magnificent Seven which then got a remake and also seven samurai has an anime based on it (though it differs loads since it's an anime lol). It's also not elitist to state what is considered influential and important by consensus. Like, you could say you don't like Black Sabbath but it wouldn't take away from the fact that they are widely considered one of the most important and influential bands in metal.

I specifically said that they don't have a mainstream appeal now.
Or like Tolkien is relevant since they made some decent movies from lotr, even though the books themselves are borderline illegible.
Anyway, this conversation was exceptionally derailed just from me saying that Monster was kinda bad.
Apr 9, 2023 10:58 AM
Oct 2019
houseki no kuni is pretentious af  its really the most boring thing ive ever read 
Apr 9, 2023 11:13 AM
Oct 2020
Buddy Daddies is better than Spy×Family.

Blue Lock is way too overrated. Ao Ashi is better.

Apr 9, 2023 11:17 AM

Nov 2022
People who rewatched One Piece multiple times need help
Apr 9, 2023 11:19 AM

Aug 2022
Naofumi1055 said:
is that even physically possible? wouldn't that require decades?
Apr 9, 2023 11:36 AM

Apr 2015
- Anime aimed at kids is often much more mature and handless their child characters as actual characters.
- Anime dramas are usually boring af, and don't get me started on romance
- Anime girls aren't cute, and neither are boys or even mascots for that matter. Characters that are pushed to viewer as cute to sell merch are 100% just annoying
- "Anime art style" peaked in the 60's and 70's
- Sci-fi genre in anime isn't in that bad state
- Fantasy genre is absolutely in ruins thanks to current trends
- ~24 minute lenght episode isn't always the best option
- Shitty dubs can add entertainment value so I have no hate towards them <3
Apr 9, 2023 11:39 AM

Jan 2008
Tropisch said:
-Gintama isn't funny
I agree with Kirito being a decent character, Saber is indeed overrated, more girls with abs and more reverse traps. 
Never seen Date a live and can't entirely disagree with Tanjiro
Vehemently disagree with everything else. 
Apr 9, 2023 11:47 AM

Nov 2022
struggler_sensei said:
Naofumi1055 said:
a large portion of one piece fanbase has actually rewatched it more than once. Its possible by dedicating 10 hours per day for more than a month.
Apr 9, 2023 11:50 AM

Sep 2018
From my ratings, Hyouka desserves a 1 for being both boring and unfunny.  The characters are super dull and Mc is a supposed self insert.
Apr 9, 2023 12:30 PM

Feb 2018
JaniSIr said:

Oh ye, I even started watching Macross, but the second episode was about a guy on a mech trying to stand straight. Lame.

now THAT is a Bhut Jolokia of a "Spicy Anime Take" right then and there...

Apr 9, 2023 12:40 PM

Mar 2022
Berserk will get proper anime adaptation.
Apr 9, 2023 12:41 PM

Aug 2022
Stardrake said:
Berserk will get proper anime adaptation.
thats less a spicy take and more a pipe dream, one I also have but still lol.
Apr 9, 2023 1:00 PM

Nov 2014
FMA is better than FMAB.
Tenki no Ko is overrated af.
Apr 9, 2023 1:01 PM

Jul 2021
MasterTasuke said:
JaniSIr said:

now THAT is a Bhut Jolokia of a "Spicy Anime Take" right then and there...

That wasn't even intentionally spicy, that was 100% on accident lol
Apr 9, 2023 1:03 PM

Nov 2021
King Crimson's ability isn't confusing and D4C too.
Evangelion isn't confusing just like the Fate series.
Spy x Family sucks as much as Boku no Pico and Mha.
Apr 9, 2023 1:08 PM

Apr 2018
Ionliosite2 said:
- Monster is an absolute piece of trash which is an insult to psychological anime, and Johan isn't a good manipulator since most of the time we don't even see him doing his manipulations.

- I don't know if this is spicy but Evangelion never gets confusing, people just are unable to grasp some things if they aren't explained like if they were babies.

- Konosuba is a far better isekai deconstruction than Re:Zero can ever hope to be.

- Kanojo Okarishimasu is a far better romcom than Kaguya-sama and Sono Bisque Doll.

This is the best one I felt, sexy takes. A part of storytelling is being able to conveying your ideas properly. So when you say people need to be explained like babies, it's more like people need to be explained. That's it.

One piece is overrated. It is a decent story but because people have been invested in the manga for way too long, even decent things stand out to them.
Isekai for the brain, CGDCT for the heart
Yuri for the pain and seiyuus for the soul.

Apr 9, 2023 1:20 PM

Dec 2013
Eren isn't the best mc, most of the story is carried by other characters and lore itself.
Apr 9, 2023 1:33 PM
Apr 2021
violet evergarden is about a 30year old dude telling a 14 year old girl hes gonna wait for her to turn 18. 
Apr 9, 2023 1:52 PM

Jan 2021
I preferred Fate/Apocrypha over Attack on Titan. 

Fate/Apocrypha Gifs 52 | Anime Amino

Characters were more impactful and the story didn't ground down in pointless slaughter of tertiary characters. 
Sometimes it takes a real man to be best girl. Gilgamesh is also chad.

[/center]
Apr 9, 2023 2:18 PM

Jun 2022
I have a few:
Pokemon is one of the worst anime that you can show to your kids and is extremely tiring to watch as an adult. Show them Shaman King, Doraemon or Ninja Hattori or something along those lines, just not Pokemon.
Morphun said:
FMA is better than FMAB.
Tenki no Ko is overrated af.

This person's take on FMA, also same goes for HxH, but I have seen neither in well over a decade, so take this with a grain of salt.
The Vision of Escaflowne is arguably the best isekai series to be made.
Warau Salesman succeeds at creating a dark urban atmosphere, where Death Note fails (seriously, Death Note just created Newark, New Jersey and misnamed it Tokyo, that is all).
The phrase "Naruto fan" and "Bleach fan" are great insults, but are very low brow. (Neither are all that terrible).
Saint Seiya should have stayed 2D and animated. The Netflix version borders on unwatchable because of the rewriting and the live-action one looks like Dragon Ball: Evolution 2: Electric Boogaloo.
China has surpassed Japan in writing and animating, especially when it comes to CGI.
Apr 9, 2023 3:02 PM

May 2013
That western money should not be pumped into anime as it will kill the unique identity of the medium since globalization destroys culture.

♡ Harder Daddy ♡
Apr 9, 2023 3:14 PM

Sep 2010
Only teenagers care about animation. Which doesn't mean that older people don't enjoy good animation but every other aspect of an anime including music is more important.

struggler_sensei said:
Naofumi1055 said:

I'm on my third rewatch, manga is better tho.
ateksApr 9, 2023 3:18 PM
Apr 9, 2023 3:28 PM

Aug 2022
ateks said:
Only teenagers care about animation. Which doesn't mean that older people don't enjoy good animation but every other aspect of an anime including music is more important.

struggler_sensei said:

took you three times to realise that lol
Apr 9, 2023 3:36 PM

Sep 2010
struggler_sensei said:
ateks said:

Nah I just didn't start reading manga earlier. I'm not even sure if I'll ever finish the anime but I feel like it's too late to say no now.
Apr 9, 2023 3:39 PM

Aug 2022
ateks said:
struggler_sensei said:

Nah I just didn't start reading manga earlier. I'm not even sure if I'll ever finish the anime but I feel like it's too late to say no now.
You One Piece fans are just built differently man.
Apr 9, 2023 4:27 PM

Aug 2020
Aku no Hana is a boring pretentious mid snoozefest.

Sword Art Online is needlessly hated.

Apr 9, 2023 4:38 PM

Apr 2015
90 percent of anime have the exact same plot: impressing everyone around you/proving to them that you are a good person. 
Apr 9, 2023 4:44 PM

Aug 2020
I prefer watching a good shounen than some pseudophilosophical meaningless show.

Apr 9, 2023 4:45 PM

Aug 2020
Having LotGH in favs doesn't make you smarter or better than anyone.

Apr 9, 2023 4:48 PM

Aug 2020
Fullmetal Alchemist is one of the most overrated shows of the history of mankind.

Apr 9, 2023 5:13 PM

Oct 2017
The 4Kids dub of the 2001 version of Shaman King is WAAAAY better than the dub of the 2021 series in spite of the edits that were made. 
This post is brought to you by your local transfem gamer goblin. Will not tolerate bigotry and will fight against "anti-woke" sentiment to make the anime community a safer place.
Apr 9, 2023 5:41 PM

Aug 2009
School Days is in the top five of greatest shows of all time.

Obvious shitpost is obvious.

Apr 9, 2023 5:56 PM
Oct 2017
Chinese made cartoons should not be called Anime. 

3D animation still looks ugly when showing any sort of movement, especially when the whole screen is moving. Having an object move in isolation and a still background still looks miles better. 
Apr 9, 2023 6:22 PM
Feb 2022
Tropisch said:
-Gintama isn't funny
I think so "tanjiro is unique"is a hot take.

Regarding the Post.

Also people who think that people who enjoy analysing anime deeply or demand better stories then false hype are just for show off are dumasses

Because they can't tackle their points and then go on ranting enjoyment and blah blah blah

For everyone enjoyment comes from different aspects so to look down on someone Just makes you born from a gangbang.
Sanjii_1234Apr 9, 2023 7:42 PM
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

» If you lived in the world of your favorite series, would you be happier or not?

Shizuna - 2 hours ago

8 by Nurguburu »»
6 seconds ago

» Are you still watching ?_? ( 1 2 3 4 )

ElmoBoredAsf - Sep 6

152 by Nurguburu »»
4 minutes ago

» Do you care more about Art or Entertainment?

zaganGao - 5 hours ago

21 by billybub »»
6 minutes ago

Sticky: » The 'Help Identifying This Anime/Character' Thread (v10) ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Koito91 - Dec 21, 2020

7411 by Hikinekomori »»
13 minutes ago

» AMV HELL 8.5 Is Out

RareAnimeHunter - 55 minutes ago

1 by TheMechaManiac »»
28 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.