Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Dec 16, 2022 6:37 AM

Aug 2018
The ED felt pretty off here, especially the first notes which are quite festive. Definitely one of those episodes where I'd wish for no ED instead.
Dec 16, 2022 6:53 AM

Jul 2020
Too bad about Ranko but on the whole the episode felt kinda underwhelming to me
Dec 16, 2022 6:56 AM
Nov 2020
It's not Ranko dying that bothers me. A lot of maids wanted her head and it was a kill or be killed environment so she was bound to die sooner or later. The fact that it's some rando that does it with a simple stab instead of an intense fight to the death just makes it sting. She essentially carried the entire show so it feels bad when she doesn't even make it to the final episode.
Dec 16, 2022 7:06 AM

Jun 2021
No, please... don't do this to me.

Please make it like the Yakuza 3 ending where everyone thought Kiryu was dead but he was fine.

Ranko didn't die... she just passed out, that's all...

Right? Right?!

I'm typing this through tears please tell me she's going to be okay....

Please... I hate this...
Dec 16, 2022 7:33 AM
Jan 2017
its actually rare for a scene to get me jump of my seat and yell at the screen *Noooooooooooooooooooooo* :'(
Dec 16, 2022 8:12 AM
Dec 2021
Nooo ranko dead. Hopefully not a sad ending
Dec 16, 2022 8:25 AM

Sep 2020
DavidArcher said:
Avvenirista said:

That is true, but the destruction of the Wuv-Wuv Moonbeam cafe happened many months before Maidalien was forced to join Creatureland.
Wouldn't that girl have joined another Creatureland cafe instead of the the newly formed axolotls?

Wuv Wuv Moonbeam was a Maidalien affiliated café. It's a bit confusing since 'Rabbits on the Moon' could almost fit into either group but the guy in the red shirt calls it a rival group during the golf scene in episode 2.

I see, you're absolutely right.
Somehow I had forgotten that the carnage at the Wuv-Wuv Moonbeam cafe was the event that kickstarted the feud between the pigs/Creatureland and Maidalien.
Dec 16, 2022 10:12 AM

Feb 2022
Nooooo why did they kill ranko ?? 😫😫
Dec 16, 2022 1:32 PM

Sep 2020
The war between them and the beast group is over, but not sure if Ranko is actually dead at the end, that happened so fast.
Dec 16, 2022 1:39 PM

Mar 2012
Didn't expect Ranko to be killed. Clearly Nagi wasn't as touched by nostalgia as it seemed.

Clearly the only real bad thing about this show is the manager.
Waifus only represent ideals
Dec 16, 2022 2:05 PM
Sep 2018
NOT RANKO MAN 😭😭😭😭😭😭
Dec 16, 2022 2:08 PM
Jan 2019
Brutal, absolutely brutal.
I loved this episode, but man....Rest in power Ranko.
Dec 16, 2022 3:01 PM

Jul 2016
It's insulting the way how they have nerfed Zoya since her introductory episode. She used to be badass and able to keep up with Ranko in terms of raw strength but now she's practically as useless/irrelevant as the rest of the TonTokoton maids.

And please tell me they didn't kill off the only character that was carrying the show for mere shock value. That's bullshit.
Dec 16, 2022 4:26 PM

Oct 2017
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Dec 16, 2022 6:07 PM

Mar 2010
Well they did kill someone so you can't blame others for wanting revenge, ranko was always living on da edge.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Dec 16, 2022 7:34 PM

Jul 2012
Is it time to remove the comedy tag yet? It's incredibly misleading. It's just a yakuza story but the 'joke' is they wear maid outfits.
Dec 16, 2022 9:53 PM
Oct 2020
rtjyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
Dec 16, 2022 10:12 PM
Sep 2018
Piromysl said:
That ending was totally unexpected, tho not entirely, because we all know, that this show really likes to kill people completely out of nowhere.
Stab into kidney is always fatal. Unless we'll get some serious Deus Ex Machina and plot armor, Ranko is gone.
I'm pretty sure it was the same maid from the first episode. Makes sense, since Ranko literally wiped out her entire caffé.

Now, that I think about it, she was very distinctive in that 1st episode for a (supposed) mob character.
Distinctive design and on the forefront whenever possible.

Now, Nagomi will have to make a choice:
Forgiveness or vengeance?
She already let Manami off after her killing Nerula.
Nagomi also goes through exact same thing Ranko did in the past. It was very likely, that Akiba District will corrupt her.

Great eye!! I had a feeling it was someone from one of the cafes they destroyed!
Dec 16, 2022 10:35 PM

Nov 2020
HOLY PLEASE DONT KILL OFF ANY OF THE PIG GIRLS :(. I WILL BE ACTUALLY MAD IF SHE DIES. KILL OFF MANAGER AND MAKE A SATISFYING ENDING!
Dec 17, 2022 1:03 AM

Feb 2016
NAGOMI IS THE BEST GIRL AS ALWAYS AAAAAAH

Ranko wasn't able to decide between Nagomi and that bitch, so I think she deseved it, and now Nagomi will take revenge, or I hope she does, it would be sick. Can't wait for the last episode!
Sorry if my english is bad (っ˘▽˘)っ~~~
Btw, cry about it.
Dec 17, 2022 4:02 AM

Dec 2008
slapstick drama continues

Sad end for the coolest 36 year old maid in town.
It was a cold blooded attack and no heroic death.
Thats it to live in lawless city, you see such stuff in many gangster movies, no one is save.

I liked the cafe shootout, although everyone only carries guns.
I hope we will hear more of Davidyuk, Jenya in the future, Zoya really grow on me.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 17, 2022 4:31 AM

May 2020
is this really fr? ranko plss noooooo
Dec 17, 2022 5:41 AM
Mar 2021
WHAT IN THE ABSOLUTE TARNATION
Dec 17, 2022 7:46 AM

Apr 2018
They really just ruthlessly killed her.
Dec 17, 2022 1:34 PM
Jun 2013
time for nagomi's villain arc?
Dec 17, 2022 1:51 PM
Jul 2021
This episode had me cringing almost all the way through, just like the past 2 episodes.

Many found Ranko's death unbelievable, yet it seems very reasonable and coherent to the whole story to me. Ranko's character arc is a redemptive arc for someone soaked in a life of violence. She started out killing anyone in her way or endangering her friends, but gradually stopped using her violent talents because of Nagomi. From EP7-EP11 you can see she changed quite a lot, and her self-sacrifice in a peaceful defiance against the mob boss is not a crowd pleaser, but a more wholesome progress for her character. I am also deeply saddened by her death, but in retrospect this might be the best ending for her character arc.
Dec 17, 2022 4:48 PM
Feb 2022
Ranko no mereció este final. Me parece que fue un poco anticlimático que haya muerto de una estocada. Descansa en paz Ranko. Siempre fuiste una monada adorable, mucho mas que las veinteañeras.
Dec 17, 2022 4:49 PM
Feb 2022
KapraoKung said:
What an ending!? I thought this is a really bad ending for this episode. They passed many thing together but Ranko's dead is too rushed. I wish the ending was a dream of nagomi or anything else. This is too unpredictable dead!! 😵‍💫😔
I was thinking the same.
Dec 18, 2022 3:29 PM
Mar 2020
This is Incredible.
Dec 18, 2022 4:46 PM
🐰KawaiiDaikaiju🐲

Nov 2017
B3RyL01 said:

JoexySun said:

THANK YOU! At least a few people get it! 😋
gappasaurusDec 18, 2022 4:51 PM
“SAITO! YOU NEED TO EXPLODE! FOR THE WORLD’S SAKE!”
Dec 18, 2022 7:08 PM

Feb 2018
I was really wondering if the head was just going to let them off like that, and then it ended like that...
I did find it quite odd after all of that, Ranko was still not fully against the head.
Guess they must've really been close...
Dec 18, 2022 7:43 PM
Feb 2021
rip our Queen Ranko-san
you will be missed ;;
Dec 18, 2022 11:00 PM
May 2020
Wild to me how many in this thread have obviously never seen a crime/yakuza story before. I guess a bunch were tricked into watching by the maid overlay on the setting.

Shout out to those of you who are into it, especially...
Piromysl said:
That ending was totally unexpected, tho not entirely, because we all know, that this show really likes to kill people completely out of nowhere.
Stab into kidney is always fatal. Unless we'll get some serious Deus Ex Machina and plot armor, Ranko is gone.
I'm pretty sure it was the same maid from the first episode. Makes sense, since Ranko literally wiped out her entire caffé.

Now, that I think about it, she was very distinctive in that 1st episode for a (supposed) mob character.

Nagomi also goes through exact same thing Ranko did in the past. It was very likely, that Akiba District will corrupt her.

...for spotting the killer. Nice job!
Dec 19, 2022 12:28 AM
May 2021
what the hell man!? why ranko 😢😢
Dec 19, 2022 6:20 AM

Feb 2021
Noooo what the fuck!!?? Ranko can't die! Everyone at Ton Tokoton will live a beautiful life, happily ever after!! The terror in Nagomi's face... I just can't. Next episode is the last one.

"Nobody could laugh at someone who's trying their hardest" -Machio-

Dec 19, 2022 6:58 AM
Oct 2019
Goddamn, they really gone and did it.

Well, I guess the rise of Nagomi as the head of Akiba has finally begun.
Dec 19, 2022 7:23 AM

Apr 2022
I hate seeing Ranko die, but makes sense and fits in with the events so far. I see two possibilities. Either Uzuko couldn't bring herself to kill Ranko herself so she ordered a hit. Or, that pink haired girl from the Bunny Cafe got revenge for episode 1.

Ranko was best girl, but in a mafia/yakuza show this is the kind of thing that's going to happen.
Dec 19, 2022 5:45 PM
Apr 2021
En verdad fue un increible capitulo y me sorprende que eliminaran a Ranko sabiendo que era una de las protagonistas
Dec 19, 2022 9:44 PM

May 2022
CrashDatamancer said:
I hate seeing Ranko die, but makes sense and fits in with the events so far. I see two possibilities. Either Uzuko couldn't bring herself to kill Ranko herself so she ordered a hit. Or, that pink haired girl from the Bunny Cafe got revenge for episode 1.

Ranko was best girl, but in a mafia/yakuza show this is the kind of thing that's going to happen.

I hated seeing Ranko die but you’re right. I always had a feeling she was going to be killed at some point. I still love this crazy ass show.
Dec 20, 2022 12:16 AM
Jul 2019
the maid war comes to a climax it's finally over or is it? Ranko...
Dec 20, 2022 1:53 AM
May 2019
Piromysl said:

Holy crap, that is the same maid! Well if want to look at it in one light, it could be considered "what goes around, comes around"
Dec 20, 2022 2:03 AM
May 2019
DYNEadvance said:

Please make it like the Yakuza 3 ending where everyone thought Kiryu was dead but he was fine.

Right? Right?!

Please... I hate this...

Come on, man...you saw the light leave her eyes. We all gotta face the sad reality with this one.
Dec 20, 2022 4:24 AM

Jun 2021
Yui_Suzumiya69 said:
DYNEadvance said:

Right? Right?!

Please... I hate this...

Come on, man...you saw the light leave her eyes. We all gotta face the sad reality with this one.

I've been pretty depressed all week about that. I've been trying not to think about it. I know it's all gonna come back to me on Friday when the last episode airs.

I just... Really liked her, you know? I haven't felt that much sadness over a character in a long time.
Dec 20, 2022 6:45 AM

Jun 2017
B3RyL01 said:
kamil88 said:
That's something Tarantino would do, i don't know if i should praise them for having balls to kill off best girl, or be angry for killing best girl?

That's exactly my thinking. This show went from Rodriguez to Tarantino to Scorsese real fast over the last few episodes, and I'm all about it. Can't wait to see the finale.

that's a good observation
Episodes 9 through 11 all had that same feeling

I understand people are angry because Ranko died,but I feel an ending like that is more "fitting" for her
She didn't need a blaze of glory, and it would be really sweet to close the circle with Nagomi going full "Ranko" in episode 12(remember Nagomi has been more decisive and hardened since her "sister" died)
May our sweet and Merciful Madoka be with you
Dec 20, 2022 8:23 AM
Oct 2020
NGL I'm enjoying this more than chainsaw man now the constant ups and down
Dec 20, 2022 8:48 AM

May 2015
Well, tbh, this had to happen eventually. With how maids die like flies, it was only a matter of time when someone from the main cast died too. Just this episode they unnecessarily killed a messenger, who no one cares about only because she was a random maid. But in the grand scheme of things, how Ranko is different? And she was targeted even before. Just because Nagi let them go off one time doesn't mean she can't stab them another time, on top of getting ten times sweet money.

Sad development though. I wish Ranko just ran away with that dude in the previous episode.
Dec 20, 2022 10:57 AM

Feb 2014
I can't believe this is happening to the best girl in this anime!

Dec 20, 2022 10:59 AM

Oct 2008
OMG! Ranko!!! OH NO!!!
The chains of hatred still won't end!!! arrggghh!!!
5/5.
I swear if Nagomi won't go killing spree then i don't know anymore.
matias067Dec 20, 2022 11:09 AM

Dec 21, 2022 4:33 AM

Jan 2009
Why are people angry? It was coming and the death flags for Ranko were out there for quite a while. I mean, its an extra, super campy and cheesy anime inspired by the 80s and 90s yakuza movies with a maid skin... someone from the main cast was bound to die (probably all of them will in the next ep apart from nagomi).

Her death will push Nagomi to find a different answer to the endless cycle of violence, something Ranko couldn't do in 1985, and this is why her death was functional to the story and growth of the MC.

Dec 21, 2022 5:13 AM

Aug 2014
I hope she survive that :"). What the hell is going on
Check My AnimeList (or click my signature)
My Main Genres: Adventure, Action, Fantasy
My Sub Genres: Slice of Life, Comedy, H&E

Check My Profile, my ranking
What I Watch This Season
Best Character & WAIFU This Season
Best OP/ED Song This Season
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Akiba Meido Sensou Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 22, 2022

321 by Fr0nk »»
May 21, 6:04 PM

Poll: » Akiba Meido Sensou Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 27, 2022

130 by degenerate-2002 »»
May 21, 9:24 AM

Poll: » Akiba Maid Sensou Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

eplipswich - Oct 13, 2022

173 by degenerate-2002 »»
May 20, 3:39 PM

Poll: » Akiba Meido Sensou Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 17, 2022

86 by MUIGaryuu »»
May 1, 12:38 AM

Poll: » Akiba Maid Sensou Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 6, 2022

393 by Hayley2877 »»
Mar 23, 10:21 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.