Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Dec 15, 2022 2:00 PM

Feb 2019
I get off work early and rush home to see what my wife ranko get up to this week and … this.. bullshit happens.. I’m so fucking angry man. Renai flops yesterday and then this bs today. Why must I go through this suffering? Ranko grew so much over the course of this show, like seeing her actually crying and talk about how much and why she loves Nagomi and the cafe.. and then you get rid of best girl???

Idc if anyone lives or dies in this show anymore. Just wipe everyone out next week man. If this wasn’t the CEO who ordered her killing.. I wonder if this will make her wake up and actually be a normal human being again.
Dec 15, 2022 2:32 PM

May 2017
that ending come in a worst possible way to me... so unexpected
initially I do not care whether somebody in pig house gonna die sooner or later since everybody is just dying for nonstop the whole time and generally that is what this anime about. But it come so f*king sudden right after a conflict when i thought we'd get a breeze afterwards but the twist is happening :(

I wanted Ranko to get her happiness
Dec 15, 2022 2:40 PM
Oct 2016
Adsuki said:
Seeing best girl die like that was truly heart breaking. Makes me think of another anime where best girl ends up dying due to pissing someone off in the organization when Sawa wanted to spend time with her little sister and be killed by her. Can't wait to see what episode 12 brings us.

you talk about Jouran right ? Sawa and the little sister thing haha very good anime

I smelled the bad ending MILES away when they all met in front of the maid cafe at the end i was pretty sure Ranko or Nagomi would get shot but unstead they stabbed Ranko later

whatever how strong you are a bullet is a bullet a stab wound is a stab wound
Kill the most dangerous member first then prey the other slowly Now Oinky is defenseless...

I love that damn anime it show that death is never too far and life is cold

I smell that either Nagomi will avange Ranko by killing everybody or some softy ending without too much blood OOR a bad ending where everybody die.
Dec 15, 2022 2:44 PM
Oct 2013
Not Ranko.. I just lost 99.9% of my interest in this show!
Dec 15, 2022 2:45 PM
May 2018
very very gooooooooooooooood
Dec 15, 2022 2:53 PM
Oct 2015
I had the feeling something was off, but to expect this... It left me with a lump in my throat.
Dec 15, 2022 2:54 PM

Mar 2020
Yep, I didn't think Ranko would survive to the end, but for her to meet her demise in the penultimate episode... just seems too late. How will they resolve this in just one episode? We could either have a bloodbath and Nagomi goes crazy (which I seriously doubt from what we've seen so far), or Ranko will serve as a sacrifice for peace among the maids. If they do decide on the bloodbath route, I really wished it happened sooner, because there's just not enough time now.

Perhaps you all will call this a cheap plot twist, but this was probably the most meaningful moment so far in the show, so it's such a shame it didn't happen earlier, as much as I liked Ranko as a character.

However, if she's not dead, then that's the biggest L this show will ever take, and that will ruin it all.
Dec 15, 2022 3:08 PM
Jun 2015
crlh, mataram a Ranko 😭
Dec 15, 2022 3:24 PM
Jun 2008
No, how come Ranko Mannen got stabbed to death by a random maid!? NotLikeThis
Dec 15, 2022 3:31 PM

Jan 2019
I was so hyped at the end of last week, but this episode felt rushed and disappointing. And they threw in Ranko dying right at the end.

I guess I'll have to watch the last episode before passing judgement but this was not a good start for the finale.

Dec 15, 2022 3:52 PM
Jul 2022
I'm so sad. I didn't expect that to happen. the last thing I wanted to see is that.
Dec 15, 2022 3:59 PM

Aug 2020
Okachimachi's suit was tied to the katakana オ of the sign for the Akihabara Rajio Kaikan (Akihabara Radio Hall), a very famous landmark in Akihabara. If the building looks familiar, it is because it was featured in Steins;Gate.
Dec 15, 2022 4:07 PM
Sep 2021
Piromysl said:
That ending was totally unexpected, tho not entirely, because we all know, that this show really likes to kill people completely out of nowhere.
Stab into kidney is always fatal. Unless we'll get some serious Deus Ex Machina and plot armor, Ranko is gone.
I'm pretty sure it was the same maid from the first episode. Makes sense, since Ranko literally wiped out her entire caffé.

Instantly when i saw the pink haired kill Ranko, I thought of that one girl from episode 1.
She is one of the few maids to have a unique hair color.
Even the haircut is the same.
And as far as I remember she wasn't shown dead in the first episode.
It would also totally make sense for her to kill Ranko (it is very likely that she was also ordered to do so by someone else), since Ranko massacred her entire cafe.

I am pretty sure she will appear in the next episode.

I am pretty curious if Nagomi will forgive her, just like Ranko forgave the panda girl.
Dec 15, 2022 4:15 PM
Dec 2020
Holy cow, that ending.

Masterfully executed too. It was such a sudden and realistic thing, that it caught me off guard. It was agonizing, aggravating and uncalled for. And yet, it was so artistically good.

Don't hate the player, hate the game. And we all knew what kind of game they were playing. For anyone not familiar with gangster movies or Yakuza culture, this had to be a rude awakening. For the rest of us, it was a long time coming, though still shocking in how it was portrayed so... real. You don't make enemies all around the place you live and work, and expect to get away with your life just because you've changed your mind about killing. Blood was spilled, and it needs to be repayed with blood. Those are the rules.

I can't wait to see what Nagomi will do. Her senpai was the only person she could lean on in this dog-eat-dog world, and now she has no one. She will have to fend for herself. Things just got a 100x more intense.

Ranko's death was upsetting, but also necessary and justified.

I need to see how it all ends.
Dec 15, 2022 4:21 PM
May 2017
Mene, mene, tekel, parsin
Dec 15, 2022 4:26 PM

Dec 2016
Hoping that the show goes to a X years later or present day in the last episode
Dec 15, 2022 4:32 PM
Dec 2020
kamil88 said:
That's something Tarantino would do, i don't know if i should praise them for having balls to kill off best girl, or be angry for killing best girl?

That's exactly my thinking. This show went from Rodriguez to Tarantino to Scorsese real fast over the last few episodes, and I'm all about it. Can't wait to see the finale.
Dec 15, 2022 4:44 PM

Sep 2020
I was already expecting one final harsh scene to counterbalance the pigs getting back safe and sound to the cafe but I wasn't ready for Ranko's death; that scene was so unbelievably visceral and discomforting.
Someone must pay for this!
leonardobarba said:

I'd say there a 50/50 that she will go bananas after this experience.
Dec 15, 2022 5:01 PM

May 2019
I did not see that coming, if anything I thought Nagi may die because she messed with Ranko. I do wonder if Nagi had this girl do the deed or if it was a rogue maid (I'm leaning towards the latter right now). Regardless, I wonder if this is Nagomi's breaking point.

I feel a little depressed as Ranko was one of my favorite characters (she's even on my favorites list) and I'm stunned she got killed off in broad daylight without the opportunity to defend herself. I'll still watch the finale of course but I don't think anything near a satisfactory ending is possible (unless for some miraculous reason Ranko survives).
Dec 15, 2022 5:22 PM

May 2019
Piromysl said:
That ending was totally unexpected, tho not entirely, because we all know, that this show really likes to kill people completely out of nowhere.
Stab into kidney is always fatal. Unless we'll get some serious Deus Ex Machina and plot armor, Ranko is gone.
I'm pretty sure it was the same maid from the first episode. Makes sense, since Ranko literally wiped out her entire caffé.

Mr. Piromysl, your observation into the smallest of details is superb. I had forgotten about the pink hair maid and the hair color matches with the murderer so your theory holds a lot of water. You called it in Shinobi no Ittoki with a murder there (won't say who here). It made me think that maybe Nagi did not order the kill but we'll see in the finale.
Alfredo-SauceDec 16, 2022 12:00 AM
Dec 15, 2022 5:32 PM
Nov 2020
Bruh this season ain't good for me. Yesterday was Mongfa death now Ranko died...whyyyy
Dec 15, 2022 5:35 PM

Feb 2016
I think this episode is amazing like the show. the last episode I think is gonna be about nagomi becoming ranko-like in future — jojo diamond plot twist.
Dec 15, 2022 5:42 PM
Apr 2016
This can't be... no way they just do that. At least ranko died achieving what she always wanted...

Nagomi what will you do?
Dec 15, 2022 6:07 PM

Mar 2016
Bro, they killed my favorite maid, whyyyyy!!!!!! I feel I no lo longer have a reason to end Akiba Maid War, but I have to know how this is gonna end.
No tomo malas decisiones, solo me gusta apoyar causas perdidas.
Disfruté Mayoiga, Ou-sama Game, Evil or Live, Mirai Nikki, Big Order, Arifureta, Ex-Arm, Tesla Note, Shuumatsu no Harem y Platinum End
nope les falle con esa, lo siento pero todos tenemos nuestros límites.
Así de jodido es mi gusto en anime, ¡Y estoy pinche orgulloso de ello!

Dec 15, 2022 6:35 PM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
was defintiely expecting them to kill her in the LAST episode.. NOT the 2nd to last lol
Dec 15, 2022 6:36 PM
Dec 2012
It may have been shocking but not unexpected. Ranko had death flags ever since she was introduced.
Dec 15, 2022 6:43 PM
Jul 2020
Yo what the hell was this episode
That ending caught me completely offguard.
I was expecting a grand shootout, but this just stings.

Very good drama though and excellent story progression.
Cant wait for the finale!
Dec 15, 2022 6:57 PM
Mar 2017
I'm sad with that ending, she's my favorite and always will be.
Dec 15, 2022 7:01 PM

Sep 2011
Damn, I didn't think they'd actually kill a main character. Points
Dec 15, 2022 7:26 PM
Dec 2019
porqué??? porqué rankoo???
Dec 15, 2022 7:45 PM

May 2010
If this not one of manager's silly imagination or dream then Nagomi probably will stick to her original plan and panda will be the one doing the "deed"...
Dec 15, 2022 8:00 PM
Feb 2022
I'm fkn destroyed. Never watch anime at work, I had to lock myself on the bathroom so no one watch me crying. I've never felt this way for a waifu ever before, Ranko being a character my age living alongside younger characters on a world past her age, just when you think you could start over and finally be happy for once, life hit us harder. You'll always have a place in my heart Mannen Ranko.
Dec 15, 2022 8:36 PM

Mar 2007
What in the world .... surely that CANNOT have happened! NO! NO! NO!

I guess I am in DENIAL, which is, coincidentally the first stage of grief.
Dec 15, 2022 8:36 PM

Nov 2021
Damn I really thought this show would have a happy ending until that last scene...I'm a little disappointed that Ranko didn't make it to the final episode. Really curious to see how they will pull off the finale and I hope they do
yagakimiloverDec 15, 2022 8:41 PM
Dec 15, 2022 9:09 PM

Apr 2015
Piromysl said:

Nice catch. Welp...that sucks.
Dec 15, 2022 9:31 PM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
Nagomi better wipe off the f*cking moe moe kyun and go ape shit next episode

NYANPASU
5700XT

Dec 15, 2022 11:58 PM
Jul 2020
Salute to the best Maid o7

😭
Dec 16, 2022 12:03 AM

Jul 2021
bro why are all the best girls dying??????????????????????? i've watched 2 animes today and best girls died in both of them tf

i'm positive that those dazzilions maids were behind that and nagi had nothing to do with it.

if this doesn't change nagomi into a killing machine then i don't know what will. all this "forgive" and "end the revenge cycle" is boring show me nagomi killing every one of them.
TsutanaiFuunDec 16, 2022 12:10 AM

The end of an era. Thank you Wit, Mappa and Isayama.
Feeling half happy, half sad.

Kawaii waifus
and precious
  best girls <3333

Dec 16, 2022 12:31 AM

Sep 2015
I actually think killing Ranko was a good move, it's a better motivator for Nagomi to change compared to his "sister" that we don't even remember anymore.

What I think this show has a problem is with the other characters, specially the other tontokoton maids. Why would you made them not go with Ranko and literally 30 seconds later have them cover her back, again? What was the point of that? A funny scene? It wasn't funny so I don't get it. There are a lot of moments like this.

What was the point of the baseball game? Did the maids change? What was the point of letting tontokoton take the price if you are going to harrass them the next chapter? Idk seems kinda random, or better yet rushed. Understandable since there are only 12 episodes but still.
Dec 16, 2022 2:04 AM

Sep 2012
Wow, wow, WOOOOWW
Dec 16, 2022 2:28 AM

Mar 2014
Oh shit Ranko is dead.... FUCCCKKK
Dec 16, 2022 3:39 AM

Sep 2020
If the theory about the stabber girl being that surviving mob maid from the first episode is correct, then why would a former Wuv-Wuv Moonbeam maid wear the axolotl costume when she attacked Ranko?
Was it a hit job meant to shift blame on the axolotls doubling as a revenge murder?
But now that i think about it there's no point in pondering too much about it, 'cause I wouldn't be surprised if the series seriously concluded with something like the Akiba big-bang destroying the whole town and possibly the whole world, just like in Takashi Miike's Dead or Alive...
AvveniristaDec 16, 2022 3:42 AM
Dec 16, 2022 3:42 AM

Jul 2015
Avvenirista said:
If the theory about the stabber girl being that surviving mob maid from the first episode is correct, then why would a former Wuv-Wuv Moonbeam maid wear the axolotl costume when she attacked Ranko?
Was it a hit job meant to shift blame on the axolotls doubling as a revenge murder?
But now that i think about it there's no point to ponder too much about it, 'cause I wouldn't be surprised if the series seriously concluded with something like the Akiba big-bang destroying the whole town and possibly the whole world, just like in Takashi Miike's Dead or Alive...

Because Moonbeam cafee was defunct with only her surviving and she most likely found employment somewhere else.
And she most likely did it to avenge her fallen comrades.

Dec 16, 2022 3:46 AM

Sep 2020
Piromysl said:
Avvenirista said:
But now that i think about it there's no point to ponder too much about it, 'cause I wouldn't be surprised if the series seriously concluded with something like the Akiba big-bang destroying the whole town and possibly the whole world, just like in Takashi Miike's Dead or Alive...

Because Moonbeam cafee was defunct with only her surviving and she most likely found employment somewhere else.

That is true, but the destruction of the Wuv-Wuv Moonbeam cafe happened many months before Maidalien was forced to join Creatureland.
Wouldn't that girl have joined another Creatureland cafe instead of the the newly formed axolotls?
Dec 16, 2022 3:49 AM

Jul 2015
Avvenirista said:
Piromysl said:

That is true, but the destruction of the Wuv-Wuv Moonbeam cafe happened many months before Maidalien was forced to join Creatureland.
Wouldn't that girl have joined another Creatureland cafe instead of the the newly formed axolotls?

We have no way of knowing what she was up to during that time.
Most likely she was planning her attack and kept low profile, because Ranko literally had to wipe them all out to prevent exactly what happened to her from happening, or even worse, to someone else from Tontokoton. Not making sure everyone was dead was a blunder on her part and now she paid the price for it.
PiromyslApr 13, 11:45 PM

Dec 16, 2022 5:09 AM
Aug 2021
It never ends well in gangster shows, guys. Sorry. 😥

My main candies:

Bonus Candies:
Dec 16, 2022 5:12 AM
Sep 2021
Avvenirista said:
Piromysl said:

Wuv Wuv Moonbeam was a Maidalien affiliated café. It's a bit confusing since 'Rabbits on the Moon' could almost fit into either group but the guy in the red shirt calls it a rival group during the golf scene in episode 2.
Dec 16, 2022 5:28 AM
Aug 2022
Maiiis... mais comment ça quoiiii ?!?!?!?
C'était trop beau pour être vrai c'est cela ? Jusque là c'était le chaos tout autour, mais notre café Tokochon malgré ses incertitudes tenais bien la barre au milieu de cette mer déchaînée.
Mais maintenant qu'un de ces appui inestimable s'est effondré, que va t-il advenir de cette paix et équilibre déterminée mais fragile.
Franchement je ne m'attende à
SasherisDec 16, 2022 6:52 AM
Dec 16, 2022 6:06 AM

Oct 2016
Oh my God, Ranko NOOOOOOO! I am absolutely gutted, but that was a fantastic episode.

I already got spoiled on social media that Ranko would die this episode, I was anxiously waiting for it, but they still got me speechless, they quite literally stabbed us and twisted the knife for good measure with Ranko's death and I am here for it.

The question at this point is why, I honestly don't think Nagi would order Ranko's death after having convinced her. With this show being Yakuza except maids this was most likely just simply karma, since that maid that stabbed her appears to be from the first episode. Though these are just my thoughts.

It honestly feels like this is supposed to parallel Michiyo's death, so Nagomi's probably gonna get another awakening.

Man, I don't even know what to expect in the last episode, but whatever it's going to be, I am sure it's gonna be a banger.

With all that happened, I almost forgot to mention how fucking hilarious Ranko getting hit by the elevator was. Rest in Peace Ranko T_T.
Dec 16, 2022 6:24 AM

Jan 2021
What a great show and what a depressing episode's ending...
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Akiba Meido Sensou Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 20, 2022

166 by the_Krsd »»
4 hours ago

Poll: » Akiba Meido Sensou Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 22, 2022

328 by bluntaba_sakura »»
Sep 23, 3:28 PM

Poll: » Akiba Meido Sensou Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 10, 2022

131 by bluntaba_sakura »»
Sep 23, 12:28 PM

Poll: » Akiba Meido Sensou Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 8, 2022

157 by Ayano_Kuma »»
Sep 23, 10:27 AM

Poll: » Akiba Meido Sensou Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 27, 2022

132 by red1130 »»
Aug 25, 12:14 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.