Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Sep 4, 2022 10:03 PM
Oct 2015
RaidenSteiner said:
DoomCraft said:
The binary code as a whole produced a single visual memory, that was the trick, similar to how the reflection of bullets made a single memory. I think logically it isn't very consistent but Araki has been doing the utmost "most" with every Stand this arc so it's only consistent with how ridiculous it is. I mean, Jolyne not seeing a living person because it is the first out of four doesn't make sense either, that person moves so the moment she forgets them she would register them again and in place forget the next one, who she would instantly remember.

What I am trying to say is this power is nonsensically nuts but it's JoJo so it works.

i mean, by the same logic she could only memorise the position of 3 bullets she should remember only the position of 3 numbers from the whole code
she’s “printing” it out with her thread, it’s not like the thread was going to vanish into thin air. That’s like saying she couldn’t memorize 3 words or letters. It’s Jojo, try not to think about it too hard.
Sep 5, 2022 7:17 AM
Mar 2021
mid stand (mew mew) , mid explanation and mid physics explanation
Sep 5, 2022 8:00 AM

Feb 2017
Rhaegar0 said:
amagirinomikoto said:
hyping me right up at the end there but that hype will be dead by time the next batch comes out. sigh.

more jojo is good jojo , even if it's subject to netflix's lousy release schedule ,but jesus christ it was so painful to get through these episodes. i don't know how subs can be THIS bad. god knows how many times i had to keep rewinding because the subs weren't synched with the characters speaking. and then words missing or misspelled or out of place or just not making any sense. so much rewinding, my god. not like i could do subbing any better, but these subs were SO off.

see yall next year ig

I KNOW RIGHT. It felt like those dogshit subs were breaking my immersion. I tried switching to Polish (my main language) and it was even worse. I guess when Blu-ray releases I'm gonna rewatch Stone Ocean with some good fansubs, cause I didn't get the optimal experience the first time.

yes!!!!! was definitely breaking the immersion. i was getting too caught up on the subs using the wrong verb tense or just forgetting a word in the middle of a sentence. at least you had the option of a second language, despite it still being terrible. tbh that's kinda funny though, like the fact that its still messed up in different languages - i'm laughing but also just shaking my head man

fansubs will pull through for us! hopefully!!

placeholder text
Sep 5, 2022 10:12 AM

Mar 2019
So just curious this will be only 3 batches? I still have 3 more episodes to watch here but how are they gonna cover
StephSep 29, 2022 1:16 PM
Sep 5, 2022 11:08 AM
Jan 2021
Fantastic finale, good build up for the future of this season
Sep 5, 2022 5:53 PM
Apr 2020
great episode fr and enjoyable characters very solid part
Sep 6, 2022 5:51 AM

Dec 2012
WTF another cliffhanger?

Sep 6, 2022 6:40 AM
Feb 2020
Pucci is a menace!
Sep 6, 2022 10:31 AM

Jan 2015
Second batch started pretty limp. It got good by the third or fourth episode.
Last episode was a clusterfuck and got slow at some points, but this episode was pretty nice and I can't wait for the next arc.

See you in 2023. The wait continues...
Sep 6, 2022 11:09 AM

Sep 2020
Must say I was in TEARS seeing everything come up to the final batch. I am EXCITED to see the final showdown and the bittersweet end <3
Sep 7, 2022 2:52 AM

Mar 2019
It ended in a good spot with them creating intrigue surrounding Pucci's new powers. Starting the final (?) batch with Jailhouse Rock would have been stupid and frustrating. The fight and enemy is cool, but it did feel like a breather after all the shit that happened after Yo-Yo Ma. It wouldn't be a good idea to start off a new season slowly like that.

I enjoyed this batch although I now feel the same emptiness knowing that I have to wait yet again to see the story advance because of this moronic distribution method. I fucking pray to God they don't do this to Steel Ball Run.

Three things annoyed me with this batch. First is the obvious missing new OP and ED. Second is how toned down some of the violence was. It was still bloody but I feel like it could have been better. The adaptation was a mixed bag. You had the cool toenail ripping scene, and Anasui's Survivor trap, but then I felt they kind of fucked up Yo Yo Ma. He was super creepy and terrifying in the manga, where as here it didn't feel nearly dangerous. His attack on FF was more graphic and horrifying in the source material. Here it looked goofy with the black CG slime effect. I'm assuming it will be more graphic for the DVD/BR release? If so why aren't we getting that if this isn't being simulcast? The third thing that annoyed me was the quality of the animation. It was rough in a lot of places. The very last episode actually looked great during Miu Miu's attack in Emporio, but some of the earlier stuff looked like ass in places. The compression was so bad during the scenes with rapid punching.
Sep 7, 2022 11:38 AM

May 2015
@poemofdevil The anime also removed the woman's horrifying baby from the last scene with Pucci.
Sep 7, 2022 4:30 PM

Mar 2019
El-Melloi said:
@poemofdevil The anime also removed the woman's horrifying baby from the last scene with Pucci.

Had to check to see what your were talking about because I had forgotten and damn, sucks that they removed that.
Sep 7, 2022 5:57 PM
Jun 2017
I liked this batch even tho I don't like what Netflix is doing to JoJo...

I think they ended right where it should be cause this next arc it's going to be crazy asf, I'm not lying, this next arc is probably one of the craziest arc of JoJo...

Can't wait to see Made in Heaven and all the Disney crossover even tho I don't know how they going to do that but I looking forward to it.
Sep 7, 2022 6:33 PM

Sep 2011
El-Melloi said:
Honestly sucks they removed it, thats the thing that really pushes the pucci scene over into far more disturbing, its not even a matter of it reveals his power too much the scene already does as is.

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Sep 8, 2022 1:38 PM
Jan 2019
I loved the relationship of Dio e Pucci
Sep 8, 2022 3:23 PM
Jan 2019
Now to wait 8 months for the rest
Sep 9, 2022 2:08 PM

Oct 2013
Miu Miu and her Jail House Lock were truly formidable enemies, but Jolyne teamed up with Emporio managed to defeat Miu Miu and her Stand.

Pucci is changing. He has a new ability. What kind of power he has obtained in Whitesnake's place? We will find out in the next batch for sure.

As for this batch of Stone Ocean episodes, it was slightly worse than batch 1, albeit still very entertaining and nicely done.

Well, now we will have to wait a couple of months due another batch, heh.
AdnashSep 9, 2022 2:12 PM
Sep 9, 2022 3:29 PM
Aug 2020
I FUKCING LOVE STONE OCEAN SO MUCH!! THE ADAPTION WAS SPOT ON!!!!!!!!
Sep 9, 2022 10:22 PM
Apr 2020
bro things were getting so good, then it was over.. why couldnt netflix release the whole thing? :,(
Sep 10, 2022 12:26 AM

Jul 2014
The back half of Stone Ocean is my favourite part of Jojo (still haven't finished Part 7 yet to be fair) so I'm hyped as shit for the rest.
Take care of yourself

Sep 10, 2022 12:41 PM

Sep 2017
Huh I don't remember the last scene happening in manga
Man Netflix sure butchered the anime. And now the next batch is gonna be the rest
I'm guessing at least half of SBR watchers will have skipped Stone Ocean
خ
Sep 10, 2022 4:20 PM
♡( •ॢ◡-ॢ)✧˖° ♡

Dec 2014
Mew mew got beaten was so satisfying to see.

...and of course this has to stop when things are going to get interesting since finally Jolyne and the others have finally broken out of prison....oh dear~

See you all next year, fellow JoJo fans :)

(っ◔◡◔)っ 𝓘 𝔀𝓲𝓼𝓱 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓱𝓪𝓿𝓮 𝓪 𝔀𝓸𝓷𝓭𝓮𝓻𝓯𝓾𝓵 𝓭𝓪𝔂 ♥
Sep 11, 2022 8:49 AM

May 2015
Greatly Hype for Part 3 !
Sep 11, 2022 11:47 AM

Oct 2020
They're finally breaking out !!!
Let's just hope we see more episodes this time in less than a year
Sep 12, 2022 8:25 PM

Feb 2014
This last stand was annoying, it is basically ex machina for Jolyne leaving the prison without bigger repercussion
Sep 13, 2022 4:27 AM

Jul 2016
GosuDRM said:
WTF another cliffhanger?

And I am still reeling from no new OP/Ed... Netflix can get in the bin.
Sep 14, 2022 8:39 AM
Mar 2021
good other than random cgi
Sep 14, 2022 9:07 PM

May 2012
Just finished both the first and second part and while I really enjoyed the original JoJo's, this is stretching things to quite an extend...

The pacing of each episode was still superb, but the story development was a bit too repetitive due to the stagnation that kept it in one place, and with such a cliffhanger ending, I honestly wonder what they'll be doing next!

All in all it wasn't bad, but certainly not one of my favourite chapters of this franchise.
Sep 15, 2022 2:47 AM

Mar 2009
Does anyone know whitch chapter of the manga matches with this episode?

Sep 15, 2022 3:58 AM
Nov 2013
Definitely the worst "part" of the series imo
5.5/10
Sep 15, 2022 10:15 AM

Feb 2021
Any info when final episodes will air?
Sep 16, 2022 5:28 PM

Jul 2022
First half of this batch was pretty rough, but I think it finished strong in the second half. 7/10, so still good on average and about on par with the first batch
Sep 16, 2022 7:39 PM

Jan 2008
Honestly, I think Jail House Lock is one of the biggest pain in the ass I've ever seen. It's not very strong and it can't hurt you that much, but it's really debilitating. It basically gives your Alzheimers.

RaidenSteiner said:
i mean, by the same logic she could only memorise the position of 3 bullets she should remember only the position of 3 numbers from the whole code

No, because each bullet is its own existence, while that code, while made up of many numbers, is also just one existence. That's why the reflection worked. The bullets were individual, but the reflection was a single item.
Sep 17, 2022 9:21 AM
Aug 2015
Mew Mew part was very confusing for me..I love Jojo, it is a great show but so far part 6 is the weakest of them...I don't like the characters that much I guess.

But what about the Wizard guy...? is he staying in jail?

I am also glad the know the priests Identity now, I'm a bit sick of the villain being a mystery the whole series like Kira or Diavolo.

DoubleRSep 17, 2022 9:32 AM
Sep 20, 2022 8:21 AM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
The last enemy before leaving the prison, Miu Miu who is also the head guard of the prison and her stand Jailhouse Lock definitely made for a very cool fight, and the way they defeated her using binary code was wild as well. And now it looks like they’re ready to leave the prison making use of Jailhouse Lock, it was a powerful enemy and is also a great ally lol. I’m just hoping they bring Anasui and Weather Report along with them, but I can see this being a situation where Araki forgets the characters too. And getting a glimpse of Pucci’s new stand ability was crazy as well, and I know Pucci just has six days before the new moon but we probably have to wait 6 months or longer lol.

And that was the 2nd part of the Stone Ocean anime, gotta say it was super fun just like the first part. The stand fights in this one were all crazy and super unique in Jojo fashion, we got to see characters shine like Anasui and Foo Fighters (RIP), and of course Jolyne as well. There were some cool references from the stands this time as well, including a lot of fashion references weirdly lol, but it made for some cool names. And I do wish we got a new OP at least for this part but the original one was so good I didn’t mind having it again here, along with that amazing ED, I just really hope they get new ones for the 3rd part, I’m crossing my fingers for a certain song to be the new ED, if you know you know lol.

Of course it really sucks with how Netflix handled this, almost nobody knew this was coming out and it’s yet another batch of episodes that will leave us hanging for half a year or longer before the next batch comes out, which will probably have us forgetting a lot of what happened in this batch. It sucks, but at least the Jojo content is good, I’ll say so far Part 6 is up there with my favorites like Part 2 and Part 4, I’m really looking forward to the next batch whenever that comes out!
Sep 20, 2022 12:52 PM
Nov 2020
I feel like DP are doing the bare minimum for stone ocean music sound effect voice actors colors shifts characters design are top notch but the designs dissolving and changing every minute characters barely moving a lot a lot of still frames and off-model the story it self is great but can’t help with this poor animation and messy direction
Sep 20, 2022 3:02 PM
Oct 2020
slayed completely
Sep 21, 2022 7:09 AM
Mar 2010
I kinda don't understand why suddenly at the end mew mew or her stand decided to help Jolyne in espacing the guards ?

Also while the stand itself was really well done and interesting, it was kinda stupid when it suddenly turned into "you can't see more than 3 things/people" xd. Like, that's not how it's supposed to work when it alters memory and it doesn't affect the ability to see xd. So that part was just dumb
Sep 22, 2022 9:12 AM
May 2022
hehhe get to see the creature next episode
Sep 25, 2022 2:44 AM
Oct 2019
Hey the comic, that was Oingo Boingo style.

Jailhouse Lock Stand was so annoying for sure.
Glad Jolyne able to defeated Mew Mew at the end.

Father Pucci Stand wasn't White Snake anymore? wtf is going on..

Part 2 Stand Battle are so creative, really liking it.

Now patiently waiting for Part 3, whenever that is lol
I still hate Netflix because they ruining Jojo Friday.

8/10
davidyodo24Sep 25, 2022 5:59 AM
Sep 25, 2022 2:50 AM
Aug 2021
i just loved this 2nd batch of stone ocean characters like anasui and f.f got their best scenes from this batch
Sep 29, 2022 7:18 AM
Jul 2020
a asasaS ASsaSs sdsdadas
Sep 29, 2022 1:40 PM

Jan 2008
Pucci's new stand has the ability to fertilize store bought eggs. That's what I got from this final episode.
Oct 1, 2022 8:23 AM
Dec 2013
Now to wait another 9 months for Part 6 Part 3, which I've unfortunately got spoiled about something that happens in that part.
Oct 1, 2022 5:06 PM
Jul 2011
Besides the Ermes fight this batch was kind of a drag with the Maximum Security/Dragon Dream battles, got more interesting the closer it got towards the end with all the Pucci/Green Baby reveal stuff. I shed a tear for Foo Fighters, she was on the death door multiple times and finally went through it. Miu Miu has that type of Stand that is annoying to the max but cool to watch play out against the protag. This batch ended when things was really getting good.

Overall a decent watch but the Netflix collab continues to suck the life out of Jojo hype though. Onward to the big gap of waiting for next batch.
Oct 2, 2022 11:35 AM
Nov 2020
wsASASDASDASDASDASD
Oct 2, 2022 10:54 PM

May 2020
part 3 when
netflix really killed all the hype for this

Oct 6, 2022 3:39 PM

May 2020
First of all, FUCK NETFLIX. They murdered this whole hype thing around part 6, quite brutally. Moreover now waiting for around half a year for the next batch would just make the cause even worse. Disheartening, and I mean it truly.

Coming to the episode they concluded with the Kennedy space center reveal, and just thinking about the things awaiting us after the prison break really pumping up the excitement for the next batch.

Would just rate this part the same as the first one. Netflix did do bad but okay it's Jojo after all.
Oct 22, 2022 1:33 AM
Apr 2022
First few episodes of this coir felt like a slideshow but apart from that it was good. I'm hyped to see pucci's stand and from above comments it looks like it's name is made in heaven
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken Part 6: Stone Ocean Part 2 Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Mat2468xk - Sep 1, 2022

82 by Sexyjutsu »»
Apr 27, 2:43 AM

Poll: » JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken Part 6: Stone Ocean Part 2 Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Krptic_ - Sep 1, 2022

82 by Sexyjutsu »»
Apr 25, 3:10 AM

Poll: » JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken Part 6: Stone Ocean Part 2 Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Flomik - Sep 1, 2022

51 by miho_a_cute »»
Apr 7, 7:27 AM

Poll: » JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken Part 6: Stone Ocean Part 2 Episode 7 Discussion

Flomik - Sep 1, 2022

49 by ETHANDARYL420 »»
Mar 29, 1:26 AM

Poll: » JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken Part 6: Stone Ocean Part 2 Episode 11 Discussion

Flomik - Sep 1, 2022

46 by L1on777 »»
Mar 5, 9:52 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.