Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Apr 22, 2022 9:53 AM

Jul 2017
Luou makes his way into school as a transfer student, though Junpei of course is in a different class.

Luou isn't acclimatized to school given his long absence, and soon becomes the prime target of bullying with his strange attitude from Hyouta, while all that Junpei cared for was not for his ballet secret to be exposed. Even worse, Luou's the rumored child of a high-profile parental scandal, and Miyako avoided Junpei like the plague for not protecting Ruou. This boy isn't meant for the outside world, he's only meant to live within the world of ballet, and Junpei for better or worse has his own reputation to live by in both school and family.

Ruou Mori's real identity as Mori Mazuru, Hyouta just wants to make Ruou's life even harder in school, and once his infamous song comes along, the whole school eggs him on, except for Junpei whom wants to stop this. And Ruou did the one thing he could: present his ballet to the entire school that leaves Junpei in tears, even impressing Miyako.

I get that Junpei's meant to be the laughingstock of his friends, but when it comes to ballet, he just can't stop his excitement, giving up his position in his soccer club clique to pursue ballet fully. You don't need to shave your head though.
KANLen09Apr 22, 2022 12:53 PM
Apr 22, 2022 12:31 PM
Sep 2015
This anime really went beyond other sports anime by breaking gender stereotype. I'm wondering if I can categorized this as sports because it's not recognized by Olympic but the nature of the competition and training are similar, and Ski Ballet is also at Olympic demonstration sport in 1988 and 1992. So Danseur might be categorized as sports anime even if Ballet is not a sports.

Now, let's talk about bullying, very common in junior high level, where all kids want to look cool in the eye of others, and sadly bullying other is also one of the option. I can immediately tell that those kids are pretend to look cool, especially Junpei's (ex) close friend. Someone mention that he has some kind of problems at home. He really need to apologize to Mori, but it's gonna be that easy, but I can see some hope left in him, he's not completely a hopeless case. However, Junpei need to take an action, he can choose both ballet and relationship if he's smart enough. Let's see what's the next episode will bring.
Apr 22, 2022 12:38 PM

Jul 2011
Was a tough episode to watch with all the bullying.
On that note, shows how bad is Junpei's Jeet Kune Do teacher is. By not teaching a martial artist philosophy, and just say some vague bullcrap about being man of the house. Partly making Junpei gutless.

Apr 22, 2022 12:52 PM

Mar 2018
BlichoBoy said:
On that note, shows how bad is Junpei's Jeet Kune Do teacher is. By not teaching a martial artist philosophy, and just say some vague bullcrap about being man of the house. Partly making Junpei gutless.

Honestly, I found the bullying part to be kind of obnoxious.
It's hard to not look at it as a purely narrative device, designed to tell us which characters we should hate and which one we should sympathize with.
In my opinion there wasn't too much depth in this episode, considering how serious of a topic bullying is.
Apr 22, 2022 12:55 PM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
Inspired by Luou, Junpei finally decides to go all out in pursuing his true passion of ballet. In doing so, he leaves the soccer team, and severs ties with pretty much all of what he thought were his friends. Guess they were never really his friends to begin with.

NYANPASU
5700XT

Apr 22, 2022 1:01 PM

Apr 2009
damn I hate these bulling episodes
Apr 22, 2022 1:17 PM

Sep 2008
Good episode, now Junpei made up his mind, let us hope he will stick with it.
Yes the bullying was sad to watch, but it did look like he could handle it fairly OK.
So I was not overly tormented by it and since the dance and Junpei's confession it looked like they might leave him alone.
So in the end it turned out well, sort of.
Apr 22, 2022 1:54 PM

Dec 2016
Bullying? This episode is pure madness! Jumpei doesn't need trashy friends like that and it was the best decision to cut ties with them, but seriously, he should have made that decision since the first red flag :(

I would have loved to see some karma in action and let that sneaker do a head shot at that bully >w> I'm sure a lot of us would be a very satisfied.

[*]My Completed List
[*]♪Listen ►
[/list][/left]
Apr 22, 2022 2:05 PM

Nov 2016
"Being "manly" means being able to stick to my beliefs!"

Infuckingdeed

It's a simple thing to say, but it requires a lot of courage to let actions speak, especially when your "friends" are just a bunch of hobby bulliespussies who don't get you. Welp, he earned Luou's respect.

Great episode again. Jumpei tearing up after the performance and his declaration were my favorite moments. And lol @ the buzz cut. It worked better for Sakuragi.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Apr 22, 2022 2:10 PM

Dec 2013
I wanted to slap the Junpei so hard when he did nothing against this bullying plus hearing his thought process didn't help at all. It was really though to watch. Fuck bullying.
Apr 22, 2022 3:09 PM
Oct 2020
Easily the best episode of any show that came out this week. What a character progression!
Apr 22, 2022 3:38 PM
Jun 2019
_yikes said:
Easily the best episode of any show that came out this week. What a character progression!

Those are some manly tears
Graduated High School in May of 2022. Summer vacation has finally arrived. I have once again regained the power of a new anime fan, being able to watch multiple anime episodes in a day. Time to binge-watch every single anime I can into the night until college arrives. SADGE. SUPER SADGE... College has begun as of Monday, August 30, 2022, so you won't be seeing me much around these parks. See you on weekends, I guess... School me is back. Sigh! I'll at least try for one anime a day with all this course load.
Apr 22, 2022 3:51 PM
Oct 2020
Joey-XD19202 said:

Those are some manly tears

Right? Fitting for how heavy the whole episode went
Apr 22, 2022 5:05 PM

Aug 2020
finally finally finally Junpei's free! I feel bad for Luos but he's so good at ballet!

» [The World's Continuation【世界のつづき】- UTA/Ado ♪] «
0:00 〇────── 4:55
↺ |◁ II ▷| ♡

Come and Join us!
Evil Club ψ
FuwaFuwa Sanctuary ✿
✿ DeaD Blossoms ✿
Apr 22, 2022 5:38 PM
Jul 2018
I like some parts of the plot so far, but to be honest and I know it sounds "superficial", but the artstyle is awful to look at. ^^'
Apr 22, 2022 7:57 PM
Aug 2021
This episode was good, but I didn’t like how Junpei’s “friends” bullied Luou for a stupid reason. Junpei should’ve stepped up for Luou and what kind of made me a little mad was how he didn’t get the clue from Miyako. Miyako was avoiding Junpei because he wasn’t standing up for Luou and it made her feel upset and Junpei had no clue why she was avoiding him. If Junpei would’ve just stand up for Luou, Miyako wouldn’t had avoided him.
Apr 22, 2022 8:08 PM
Mar 2021
That bullying part was hard to watch especially if you ever experience something similar and you know his past. It just makes sense why Luou is like this if you know his past. And it also make sense why Junpei act like that. Tbh, without knowing about Luou's past, you will notice there is something wrong with him just from the way he react to the bullying.

That apple and pen though, in manga translation it's not apple pen so they change it XD It reminds me of PPAP lol.

I feel satisfied to see Junpei decision and Luou's ballet in the end.
Apr 22, 2022 10:10 PM
Sep 2018
I can't say that I "Loved it".
I did [i]not/i] enjoy a great deal of the episode.
But that reflects how well done it was.

It was believable; I wish it wasn't.

Junpei has entirely forgotten that his father approved the idea of his studying ballet, if that's what his passion was.
His father dies, and he listens to his uncle, who seems to want him to be the continuation of his brother rather than find his own route.
His mother and sister know he's been practicing ballet all these years, and wish he'd admit that's his passion and get on with it.

Junpei is able to do well in a number of things, and act the way "he should", and has been accepted... but has he?
School is full of superficial relationships.
Of people playing roles.
Of assholes claiming to be cool.

Luou isn't doing any of that.
All he's got is ballet.
But if he lets it, it gives him great joy.

It's not a fighting story, so wiping the floor with the 'friends' who weren't quite what he'd thought they were wasn't in the cards.
But Junpei did finally have enough of it.
If Luou was gonna come out and dance in front of everyone after all of that, as an act of ... well, I'm not sure just what all, but a certain level of declaring for all to see, "This is who I am, this is what I live for."
Junpei found it worthy of respect.
As he said, "I might hate the guy, but that's because he's so much better at this thing I love than I am." Words kinda to that effect.

The old lady said it.
You have to be willing to give up everything outside of ballet.
Not necessarily because ballet requires it, but because others may drop you like a stone since you aren't in line with them any longer.
Which is more important to you.

It'll be interesting to see what the fallout of all of this is.

Right.
Major points to Miyako for diving to the piano to provide accompaniment.

It was interesting that one of the "mean girls" recognized what Luou was dancing. And that he was skilled.

I dunno.
This isn't a good response to the episode, not really.
I hated much of it, and it was very well done, and it'll be of interest to see how things go forward.

It got a 5, OK?
Apr 23, 2022 12:13 AM

Jun 2019
Man... I've never hated someone's friends so much. Junpei's friends were such assholes and I'm glad they're out of his way and now he can focus all on the ballet. I wanted to punch them so fucking bad. AGHHH... He'll do great alone from here on out. Poor Luou. I felt so bad for him in this episode but he was so good during the ballet.

The animation was so good for the movements during the ballet. Really enjoying this show so far.
Apr 23, 2022 12:14 AM

Dec 2020
those bullying scenes were really hard to watch. and even more so with junpei kinda half assing helping luou. i mean yeah its because he doesn't want to get shunned or lose his friends but fuck??? luou wasn't only pushed mentally anymore they literally pushed and kicked balls at him. junpei eventually stepped in but going "what the hell is wrong with you" to the victim???? come on man. even if you're frustrated n shit that was just.. ugh. i understand why junpei did and didnt do whatever this ep but still ,, dont like it.

junpei's friends tho.. after he told them about his worries and how he's got something he wants to chase for now? get a load of these fragile men. "you found something you really want to follow but you gotta quit the club and hang with us less?? wtf man😕" UGH!!_+$ and then they'll show how the green eyed black haired dude is actually a "good guy" or something.

junpei shaving his head tho LMFAOO dude😭😭😭😭
Apr 23, 2022 12:32 AM

Mar 2016
Correct me if I am wrong, but Matthew Bourne's Swan Lake has a male lead with shaved head, doesn't it?

I kind of don't like Junpei here. I can understand why he didn't step in when Luou was getting bullied, and I don't blame him. Kids are just like that. But, he somehow found a way to frame himself as being the victim when Luou was getting bullied. That was just shitty behaviour.

Luou's reactions still make me feel like he's getting/has been abused.

Miyako is still a boring character. Junpei is annoying. I wish Luou was the actual protagonist. He's a lot more interesting so far. I want to see his growth the most.

Will Junpei's hair ever grow again? Or, will the OP be updated? It should just take a week or two for his hair to go back to its previous length. But, artists sometimes don't make characters' hair length grow realistically. (An understandable decision.)
Apr 23, 2022 2:28 AM
Jul 2020
how i wish luou was the protagonist... i dislike junpei tbh.
Apr 23, 2022 2:39 AM
Jan 2017
garbage ass series
Apr 23, 2022 3:13 AM
Jun 2021
Looks like Luou was a son of a troubling mother... He got bullied pretty badly as well, but damn he danced in front of em all. Looks like Junpei is finally following his true desire, but seriously going bald for it? LOL
Apr 23, 2022 5:56 AM

Oct 2016
Holy fuck, this show really knows how to make me uncomfortable lmao. Great episode! Junpei's friends- I mean, excuse me, former friends were absolutely horrible. Glad he cut ties with them.

This was incredibly realistic, and that was why it was incredibly painful too.

Well, despite everything, at least Luou was able to release some pent up ballet.

Let's go Junpei, that's right, what's important is what's on the inside, though ya did not need to go bald for that lmao.
Apr 23, 2022 9:38 AM

Oct 2016
I usually wait with my "judgement" of an anime or character until I get at least halfway through the anime, but after watching this episode, my opinion of Junpei has been set in stone.

I agree with Ruou. Ruou should be the prince instead of Junpei.
Apr 23, 2022 10:54 AM
Jan 2022
BlichoBoy said:

yeah it was really tough and it pissed me off. I hate bullying so much and i also hate the society and all the stereotypes. i wish Jounpei from now on to do what he really loves and be really happy. At first i found him annoying but little by little i understood how he is feeling.
Apr 23, 2022 2:20 PM

Apr 2008
Maybe a little too realistic with the kids not finding anything wrong tormenting the weird kid but going what a traitor and immediately tossing Junpei out when he wants to do something else with his free time. Hard stuff to watch. The real question is whether it'll handle the fallout properly or this will just be a ham-fisted excuse to make abandoning his friends and former passions for ballet the moral choice.
Apr 23, 2022 3:34 PM

Jul 2010
this episode was fantastic, i'm so happy that I can watch this series
Apr 24, 2022 4:45 AM

Apr 2018
The best anime of this season.

Truly inspiring.
Apr 24, 2022 10:12 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
I find it really baffling how this series gets overlooked and treated so far, maybe the deep character study is too much for people to handle? Or even ballet turns them off, literal projection here in this episode?

The biggest injustice of this season for a so far very positively surprising production.
Apr 24, 2022 10:30 AM

Aug 2019
I'm completely disgusted right now. Junpei took far too long to respond to Luou's terrible bullying. This episode had me ready to punch those kids.

And Junpei it’s my least favourite right now. How can you sit and watch someone being treated like that.
Apr 24, 2022 12:18 PM
Feb 2022
This episode reminds me of my middle school life. Yeah, many kids at that age are so dumb like that. The bullying part really made me uncomfortable, but also means the story and performance struck a chord with me.
I am happy that Junpei finally made up his mind, and said goodbye to those "friends". Can't wait to see more of his development.
Apr 24, 2022 7:35 PM

Jul 2016
After two so-so episodes, I gotta say this one was actually pretty good. The bullying as well as Junpei's "friends" acting like retards felt realistic enough and man did I love Luou's dance. Seriously, it looked so damn smooth and clean with the way in how they increased the framerate for the dance movements.

Now as for Luou's behavior, seeing him being so passive towards absolutely everything lowkey bothered me a bit. Not gonna lie, it really makes me wonder about his past: was he abused?, does he come from an abusive household?, etc.

And fucking Junpei at the end tho xD Dude wants to dance but he now looks like he's about to enter fight club.
Apr 25, 2022 12:30 AM

Oct 2008
omg! so we now go to bullying (just like the bullying of Girls' of the Wild [Manhwa]) and even your own soccer friends disown you! kinda heavy episode!
5/5.

Apr 25, 2022 10:17 AM

May 2021
The bullying scenes were handled quite well. I wanted Junpei to do something about it but at the time, I can understand why he didn't. He did it later though!

Luou has my respect for making the best use of the situation he was put in and demonstrating his talent to everybody.

And finally, my boi Junpei; he did it. He took the first step by questioning the concept of manliness. I am so happy with this development. Great character progression here.

That ending scene though lol.

Apr 25, 2022 1:48 PM
Jun 2020
Hated the bullying and was really hard to watch while lookin at Junpei not intervening at all BUT in a way it WAS more realistic this way. In real world it takes tons of courage to step up to bullies and when they are your friends even harder (not that I think we should call these so-called fun students friends, thank goodness Junpei has kinda gotten rid of em for now). Well at the end because this is an anime so Junpei had some kind of character growth and came clean about ballet and kinda did a little bit of saving for Luou. Whereas in real life people go on living with their lives ignoring all the shitty things happening around them to other people. Yes it was hella hard to watch but can't say it's impossible. So appreciate the realism.
Luou is easily the favorite character. Love to see what the future episodes will be like.
Apr 25, 2022 3:32 PM

Jun 2007
It's not shounen so I don't really understand how people were expecting Junpei to suddenly become a superhero saviour. And why should he bother? He met the kid twice and he was hostile towards him, and now he has to babysit him and lose his cool kid rank? Also Miyako is so damn unfair wanting to use Junpei to make Ruou's life better. Junpei doesn't owe her shit. I don't even like Junpei but this is bullshit. And by the way it was Ruou's own decision to come to school, he knew this was coming.
Don't read further if bullying is a sensitive topic for you. gonna explain a bit from my own experience being an occasional bully in the past.
see you, space cowperson . . .
Apr 26, 2022 12:01 PM

Aug 2018
The bullying was very hard to watch.

On the topic of Junpei's reaction, no matter how unlikeable he is, his reaction to the situation was realistic. As audience members, we have to remember these are 14/15-year-old kids, so these situations are awkward and hard to handle.

There is also quite a bit of toxic masculinity, and fingers crossed this would be discussed a little more. However, this is a relatively new topic and Japan isn't exactly at the forefront of these sorts of topics.

I would also love to hear the struggles female dancers have to go through too in ballet, but this seems unlikely.
Apr 27, 2022 3:09 AM
Apr 2021
From Jumpei's point of view, Luou is this cool guy he can't beat. He's always been super confident in the studio, he actually has that elegance and grace the prince character needs, and that's why he's jealous of him.

Cut to this episode, Luou at school is not cool. At all. Jumpei thinks he's totally lame and being a scaredy-cat when he actually can do so much more. It frustrates Jumpei to see the guy he (begrudgingly) admires and represents an ideal act so lame. He thinks he can handle this. He wants him to handle it.

So at the end, when Luou shows his best (his 'cool' side) and does what he loves, Jumpei sees how lame he's been so far, and changes that. Telling his friends to "leave Luou alone", he also shows them his determination to pursue ballet (which also shifted their focus from Luou to him. People would rather focus on problems with people they know than chase someone they don't). We've always seen how much Jumpei treasures his relationships and his social life and image, so he definitely wouldn't have done anything to destroy it before. This plunge took a lot of courage from him.

Great episode. It's been nice seeing Jumpei's thought process this episode.
Apr 27, 2022 9:22 PM

May 2021
This episode was heavy, it doesn't help that they are still trying to just portray the issue as the perspective of toxicity instead of giving it more flavour, but holy. I liked the usage of light in this episode though

Apr 28, 2022 8:13 AM

Dec 2015
I have a huge trigger with bullying so I couldn't watch this episode without me wanting to beat the hell out of Junpei's classmates. I'm sorry but as a victim of bullying, I agree with everyone who said that those scenes were hard to watch- in fact, I even considered dropping the show because of it... Triggers are a serious issue. And before anybody asks me "why did you watch it then?" well, I didn't see this coming and I haven't read the manga? lol

Glad Junpei stood up by him at the end...
Apr 28, 2022 9:48 AM

Aug 2018
everyone hate on junpei that he didn't stopped the bullies (they where his friends but it doesn't matter completely) and i just wanted them to get hit by a truck. fucking toxic morons with small pee pees
Apr 29, 2022 7:10 PM

Dec 2009
Oi oi, this was so stressful. I paused the video so many times because I just couldn't take the embarrassing situations. Children are so cruel when they want to fit in and hurt the others who are a tiny bit different than them. And there is Junpei. The build-up through the episode for him to realize that he wants to come out and reveal his real passion for his "friends" was well-done. The facial expressions were nice. I guess Junpei won't be bullied and I assume his hobby will be recognized by his friends and they will get on well again. This show won't get too dark I guess.
Apr 30, 2022 7:16 AM
Jun 2017
jTiKey said:
damn I hate these bulling episodes

AAh.....same. It really hurts for some reason
May 8, 2022 12:08 AM

Dec 2016
I liked how realistically they portrayed the bullying.

It made me hate Junpei but even his behavior was realistic. But I'm glad that in the end he did speak up.

When Luou started dancing without giving a shit about what others would think, that scene was truly beautiful.

Luou's English tho, Ucchi did such a great job.
May 11, 2022 12:03 AM

Jan 2020
I understand that Jumpei doesn't want to oppose his friends, but he takes the L for not stopping them. In a way, he looks up to Luou and was expecting him to be "cooler" and defend himself, but just watching doesn't make it any better. I really like the last scene and the scene where he just confronts his friends and implicitly tells them to stop teasing the transfer student.

I really hate it when people just watch others suffer, we'll see if that behavior of Jumpei will change.
I sometimes forget to finish my sentences.
Jun 14, 2022 12:21 AM

Aug 2018
Good choice Junpei, good choice.
He left the soccer club, and now he's going to practice Ballet seriously. Good chapter.
Jun 29, 2022 3:42 AM

Oct 2019
thought i was watchin some sort of Netflix live action ngl.
I found the bullying to be typcial in tvs or movies but you dont really see much of it portrayed in anime. So seeing it was rather interesting.
Also, crazy to see this level at least.
"Perfection is perception. For me, humanity's imperfections is what makes it perfect"

Jun 30, 2022 3:42 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Even though I didn't like Ruou before it hurt to see him being harassed and mocked by everyone, good thing that Junpei left his friends, they were shit anyway so no regret, now he's gonna 100% focus on the ballet
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dance Dance Danseur Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KANLen09 - Jun 17, 2022

88 by Hoshi14 »»
Apr 21, 7:19 AM

Poll: » Dance Dance Danseur Episode 9 Discussion

KANLen09 - Jun 3, 2022

45 by LeenPhoenixRae »»
Feb 1, 11:43 PM

Poll: » Dance Dance Danseur Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KANLen09 - May 27, 2022

59 by LeenPhoenixRae »»
Feb 1, 11:29 PM

Poll: » Dance Dance Danseur Episode 7 Discussion

KANLen09 - May 20, 2022

33 by LeenPhoenixRae »»
Feb 1, 11:10 PM

Poll: » Dance Dance Danseur Episode 6 Discussion

KANLen09 - May 13, 2022

30 by LeenPhoenixRae »»
Feb 1, 10:42 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.