Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Oct 11, 2019 1:19 PM

Apr 2016
It was a very bad series, I’m really disappointed from what I've seen. It’s quite sure I’m not going to watch the second season. Art was bad from the start to the end, the chsracters weren’t that good and the pacing was weird. It’s a big no from me.
Oct 12, 2019 3:36 AM

Feb 2015
Shizuku katana scene was perfection.
Oct 12, 2019 8:15 PM

Oct 2008
This episode sums-up as all the close girls of Hajime all wants his D! lolz
5/5.
7/10. i give it seven because only the starting adaptation is bad...the rest became better!

Oct 13, 2019 7:48 AM

Oct 2013
*Hajime appeared*
Redhead demonic chick : why do i hear boss music ?

I personally love the series especially the MC, he won't hesitate to kill an enemy not a wimpy ass MC, and he looks so badass. I don't know why so many people hated this series. Also the dark revenge vibes always turns me on. Tio is the best girl btw.

Overall score 8/10, hoping for another season, definitely gonna miss this one what a fun ride
Oct 15, 2019 9:37 AM

May 2017
Well that was the end.

I skipped most of the episodes since the anime is a total disappointment from the start. There are times where it gets interesting, but overall it's quite cliche.

I think everyone universally agrees that animation is horrible.

The music department really needs to speak with the animation director. Jazz simply doesn't fit the combat scene. They are trying so hard to get this "cool while edgy" feeling (You know. Persona!), but it just. doesn't. work. Most of the time the music does not complement the animation AT ALL.
「ボクは…確かに現実に絶望している。だけど、自分には絶望していない!! 今がつまらないか…楽しいのか…平凡なのか…決めているのは現実じゃない。決めるのはボクだ!!ボクが望めば不可能はない!!」-桂木桂馬
"True, I've given up on the real world. However, I haven't given up on myself!! The world doesn't get to decide whether my life is boring, fun, or ordinary because that's my decision to make!! As long as I have the will, nothing is impossible!!" -Katsuragi Keima
Oct 15, 2019 1:59 PM

Oct 2013
This anime couldn't have a final episode without this marvelously bad CGI! ;D Apart from that it was fine. Hajime's entrance was epic, harem got bigger, new journey started... This show was really strange. It was entertaining and funny at some moments and the concept was alright (I don't like isekai genre, so it's hard for an isekai show to entertain me), but on the other hand we had rushed episodes, chaotic as hell beginning, awful CGI and a lot of cringy situations. First episode was a disaster, but it got slowly better and better. In the end it was not that bad, however we all noticed how its potential was wasted. Generally speaking for now I think giving it a score of 3/10 can be alright and fair.
Oct 16, 2019 6:55 PM
Apr 2019
Now I just want to see him kill a god
Oct 19, 2019 5:25 PM

Mar 2014
Unpopular opinion, but for all the shit we gave this after the first couple episodes, this actually wasn't that bad. 5/10
MAL: A community that thinks every anime is bad, but rates everything a 7/10.
Oct 19, 2019 10:42 PM

Nov 2009
The edgelord is tolerable most of the time, the bunny is great, the perv dragon is funny, sensei is cute, the priestess is the best, the merfolk kid is better left at home, but I absolutely can't stand the lewd washboard loli in a pseudo-scientific attire. As far as isekais go, this is 6/10 for me, and £ may or may not watch s2 depending on how packed the season it will air in will be.
ったく、嫌な世の中だよ。
Oct 22, 2019 2:37 AM

Jun 2017
Well, what a shitshow, but this is a shitshow that I enjoyed, this last episode was quite entertaining. I would lie if I said that I hated every second of it. The OP and ED is good. I look forward to having Asread removed for this anime's season 2
“What do you do when there is an evil you cannot defeat by just means? Do you stain your hands with evil to destroy evil? Or do you remain steadfastly just and righteous even if it means surrendering to evil?”
― Lelouch Vi Britannia
Oct 23, 2019 7:48 AM
Jan 2017
Cool mc ..
he not affraid to kill anyone who get his way... even friend or god he will fight them..

cool story and character but bad animation and battle is uncool..
just i love hajime for that character..
this antimainstream anime when hajima can more stronger than the hero..
wait for s2
8/10
Oct 23, 2019 7:57 AM
Oct 2019
Ashhk said:
Next season please no awful CGI and no anal dragon.

Maybe you are too young or too prudish to appreciate the hilarity of Anal Dragon? I almost peed laughing, and hubby had me going for another 10 min talking about prior dates he "ran away" from, lol.
Oct 24, 2019 3:41 PM
Jul 2017
this anime is sloppy, he wanted to tell a story in 13ep so who would have needed 25
to really appreciate this work I advise you to read the manga is best
Oct 27, 2019 2:02 AM

May 2010
This reminded me of Tate no Yuusha a bit. Also I love the Dragon lol
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
Nov 7, 2019 10:06 PM

Jul 2019
Well it came finally to an end... It's so sad to see that some good characters have been gone to waste... If the Anime had better CGI, not some shit like this and a lot of stuff cut this could've been a really good anime... But sadly it haven't been like this... The only thing that save the Anime a little was the characters... Hope they learned from their mistakes and make a better season 2

6/10
lAyuulNov 23, 2019 11:35 AM
Nov 7, 2019 11:49 PM

Dec 2012
UNDERRATED GEM 10/10

Nov 15, 2019 1:21 PM

Sep 2012
her reaction when little1 called mc papa 😂

GosuDR said:
UNDERRATED GEM 10/10

well sjw nutjob trolls are messing around here as well
Sugram22Nov 27, 2019 4:29 AM
Nov 25, 2019 4:43 AM

Jan 2014
I actually like the backstory, because I could relate about being betrayed. but the CGI destroyed the show. despite all of that, I still want to see the 2nd season.
Nov 27, 2019 4:28 AM

Sep 2012
Abyhape said:
I actually like the backstory, because I could relate about being betrayed. but the CGI destroyed the show. despite all of that, I still want to see the 2nd season.

the cgi did not pother me, cause its anime i even didn't notice any bad cgi
Sugram22Mar 20, 2021 5:29 AM
Dec 5, 2019 1:40 PM

Dec 2014
Damn, I really wanted Hajime to get his revenge on Daisuke.

“There are two kinds of arrogance. One where you are unequal to the task and one where your dreams are too big. The former is commonplace stupidity... but the latter is a rare species that is difficult to find.”

Jan 2, 2020 5:56 AM

Feb 2018
Get rejected lol, rip xD.

8/10
Jan 3, 2020 5:12 PM
Aug 2018
Well...............

Love the novel, but this is..........................disappointing. Last episode was pretty good and some parts in other episodes as well, but the CGI, chopped up story and awkward pacing ruins it.

Though i am happy we got to see the reunion, Kaori joining the group and Shizuku being called the last boss. But would have preferred the story not to have been butchered with lots missing and got there in a season or two.

Oh well, good thing i don't get my hopes up for animes anymore. Please don't let Darwin's Game have the same problem though.
Jan 21, 2020 9:54 PM
Mar 2018
It was satisfying to know his original lover would get to join his journey. Except I hate how all the girls in his party are like "I'm gonna win him over!" Hajime clearly stated in this episode in front of everyone that his lover is Yue. They've gone through a lot together, they spent like 2-3 months in a dungeon alone together. The others really don't have a chance.
Jan 27, 2020 9:24 PM
Jan 2017
so the majority of this anime started off pretty average to me, at 1st all I saw was a lot of tropes inspired by other issekai animes, i.e:
-eating other monsters for new abilities=That time I got reicrnated as a Slime
-Loner who hates his other friends after he was betrayed=Rising of the Shiled hero
-Bimbos brought in soley for comedy=konosuba
But i did like teh modern weapons and items being brought into that world

And further more the Comedy didnt work well until episode 12. up til then it wa sthe same overly exhausted panty, sex, and boob jokes that can be found in LITERALLLY EVERY ANIME

That was my opinion up to episode 12. But Mu saved this for me. the comedy seemed a tad better. and Im REALLY glad this didnt go the way of *he returns and eveyones like*"ohhh heeey youre back" then 1 guy/irl: he's bad~ everyone; OH YEAH HES BAD SCREW YOU LONG TIME FRIEND
So it didnt seem as dumb or cliquhed as I thought and i HOPE that scenario I descibed isnt the center of season 2

overall this went to being a 6/10 to an 8/10
Feb 27, 2020 9:13 PM
Jul 2011
Based on all the extremely negative reactions. I was expecting this show to be "so bad it's good"... Instead, what I got is an anime so good that I ended up binge-watching it all in 2 days, and am looking forward to the second season. Hajime Nagumo has already become one of my favourite Isekai protagonists. And the action scenes are some of the best I've seen an in Isekai show. At times, it feels like Devil May Cry meets Shield Hero.

But at the same time, there are a few flaws that stand out. The story feels a bit rushed at times, as if there must be stuff from the manga that's been skipped in the anime (but not sure, since I haven't read the manga). And some of the side characters come across as shallow and under-developed, which again could be due to cuts from the manga. But it's not a deal-breaker for me. I enjoyed the show from beginning to end.

7/10
Feb 27, 2020 9:18 PM
Jul 2011
nidoqueen106 said:
so the majority of this anime started off pretty average to me, at 1st all I saw was a lot of tropes inspired by other issekai animes, i.e:
-eating other monsters for new abilities=That time I got reicrnated as a Slime
-Loner who hates his other friends after he was betrayed=Rising of the Shiled hero
-Bimbos brought in soley for comedy=konosuba

The Arifureta novels date back to 2013, which was years before any of those anime shows started airing.
Apr 23, 2020 4:15 PM

Aug 2017
Bad show but I'll give a few points for being a harem and having a shounen hero who actually kills the bad guys.
Jun 7, 2020 11:12 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Yeah, i like this Hajime shit character. He was truly the harem master, and i love that shit. And fuck and bitch to the other girls except Yue, they were still annoying til its last. Poor Myo, to had another mama that being so annoyance like all of them and now not innocent anymore. I am sad in the middle of the fun-joy.

But still, it will be better to put that Aiko sensei and Shizuku into the harem family. It will give the show more hype and i surely enjoy that moment if happening, lol. Myu always adorable to seen. Ogura really performed well there, i give a respect. What a fuckin mermaid you had there, god damn Hajime, im so fuckin jealous. Thats it. A happy big family entering the next level of harem, i've ever seen. Its good on some side, and horrible in the other sides.

Still, the way the classmate just starring like that. And Hajime just forgot about what happen before and not telling the truth to theirs feels a bit ashame. And that traitor shit not getting any revenge was awful too to seen and i can't stand with that. Lucky him, Hajime being a badass to gives more attention only to the girls and forgettable his revenge. Atleast, his intentions were still clear in the end, exit that shitty world. And the poker face the classmate had was absolutely incredible to seen, and im glad to survive watching it til the end.

Overall comes to every aspect and then divided it to its sections. The result are : 7

Thats it for this little show.
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Jun 28, 2020 10:11 AM

Jun 2013
Not as bad as I was expecting. Most Isekai anime these days are usually generic and boring with the same recycled story but with different characters. However, this anime had an okay story. Chad Nagumo and his harem kept the show going for me.

Though it's disappointing that the author made the MC use modern weaponry and vehicles in a show with a fantasy setting. It just felt like cheating and this also made the battles less interesting and somewhat repetitive.
Jul 8, 2020 6:38 AM
Feb 2020
I have wrote to long posts on this anime. Deleted them both, because I felt I was trying to help justify the awesomeness of this anime. In the end.... I am keeping this short, and sweet like this Anime.

This is the most fun I have had since watching Ranma 1/2 for the first time.

SCORE 10/10, why... because I spent money on it. I have not purchased any movies , tv shows or anime in 5 years (and it was strictly for nostalgia) I think Funimation should be slapped for some of the American changes to the anime, but it is not as bad as other political correct trash they mess up.

For those that did not like modern weapons, to bad. Any warrior takes the biggest stick to a fight, because we all wanted to come home to our families in one piece. Hajime knows modern weapons' and used his knowledge gained to make them. Well done.

WELL DONE, super excited for Season 2.
MikadoWu1Jul 8, 2020 7:06 AM
Jul 16, 2020 9:48 AM

May 2012
The first episode of this series was just weird I double even triple checked that I didn't miss something as we were literally thrown in the middle of something without context, but it seems that that wasn't really the focus point at all and while I did wanted to know the backstory of the MC in his school/Japan and why and when they got summoned as that did seem like a huge deal throughout the series but in the end we didn't get any glimps of that.

However the development alone where the MC partakes his own journey and gets new people and creates a party that really is practically OP AF was really interesting and I truely hope to see more of the labyrinths to finally see the last one as that indeed seemed to be like the finishing goal and plot of the story.

And while we got mediocre cgi and sometimes really awful ones at that, it was bothersome but fine enough. The only thing that bothered me was the dragonborn and the sudden talking animation of it was waaaay too hilarious bad.

But well with such an ending and a second season announced I do look forward to see where the story will go!
Aug 29, 2020 6:21 AM

Nov 2019
After all the whining and crying by the source material fans I thought this was going to be much worse than it was. I mean, it's by no means good good, but it's close to being 'so bad it's good'.

May have even pulled it off if the first labyrinth wasn't drawn out so long and the action scenes weren't so consistently terrible.
Sep 16, 2020 9:45 AM

Jun 2015
'We'll be okay, were the strongest'.. and with that I demand to know where my 2nd season is. I hear its coming, but I guess everything got delayed seeing as the news was from end of last year. Enjoyed the show and characters, the world that was built up and the mad fights. Now I just want too see more.
To have you, Id give a billion lives A-Chan best girl
Oct 16, 2020 2:46 AM

Sep 2010
Am sad about how they did this but what do we expect anyways we all knew that guy was the one who hit him the beginning wish he say something to him but let’s see in season 2
Nov 10, 2020 12:34 AM

Oct 2019
This show isn't that bad as everyone claimed, not great either, it's not edgy at all compared to manga/LN that, this just looks like a softer version of Arifureta. A typical harem show that all male characters except MC are irrelevant, useless even. CG is as bad as Berserk S2 and for some reason monsters blood looks like a pee (or poop lol) that's what really disturbing.

Also, I enjoy Miledi Risen annoyance on Arifureta Zero but her loliesque voice here just ruin my fantasy.

6/10
andrearionaNov 10, 2020 4:00 PM
Nov 30, 2020 6:20 AM
Apr 2020
So that's the last episode... .

Let me get this one thing straight. This anime has a "great potential" to be one of the best isekai animes. It had great fight scenes, good character developments, good story plot, and pretty enjoyable..

BUT as what Studio White Fox/asread do to this adaptation when it comes to the story and animation, they completely messed it up. They rushed the story which you will quickly noticed at the start of the episode. They skipped some other parts in other eps too. Then their crappy animating made in far more worse by using plenty of CGI things they inserted on it. Thankfully, that CGIs didn't affect me much. I'm just disappointed in it because it had potential..

I'm giving it a fair 7/10 rating. It should be 5/10 or 6/10 if not on my observed 1st statement observation. . .

I'm just hoping that on the 2nd Season (yep, already confirmed), they do it right. The anime apparently shifting different studio to Doga Kobo. Knowing that studio, it had potential so I hope they give Season 2 a justice that this anime deserved.. I'm looking forward to it.

(Deep apologize from my English. Some of the grammars are wrong but I tried my best reviewing it ^_^)
Jan 14, 2021 5:37 PM

Oct 2020
Arifureta is like a garbage can on fire. It has potential but it was badly executed. I did enjoy episode 13. Just Hajime showing off his skills was just satisfying.
Feb 13, 2021 6:06 AM
Oct 2020
The beginning was really something: horrible cgi, terrible story telling, ridiculous fights, nonsense everywhere.., Story wise got somewhat better through the mid-season. and I'm actually quite curious about the backstory.

I'm happy there is a S2, but I hope they improve the technical part, because it's really bad.

Not gonna ask for top-notch animation, but it really seems they didn't even try.
Mar 12, 2021 7:02 PM

Nov 2010
Hajime was awesome the entire episode. I've seen a lot of harem anime and I must say he's earned this harem. The interaction between his waifus was hilarious as expected.

Anyway, I enjoyed this anime. The plot was decent, the characters were likeable and the MC was bad ass. When I first saw the rating I thought it sucks, but it didn't. Unlike that Reincarnated as a slime anime which I found boring despite the high ratings. Despite the bad animations IMO this anime deserves an 8/10 for consistently entertaining me.
MizuhoKamuiMar 12, 2021 7:23 PM
Mar 20, 2021 2:00 AM

Aug 2019
BEAUTTTTTTTTTTIFULLLLLLLL CGI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Mar 20, 2021 5:32 AM

Sep 2012
MxS7HGS said:
Hajime was awesome the entire episode. I've seen a lot of harem anime and I must say he's earned this harem. The interaction between his waifus was hilarious as expected.

Anyway, I enjoyed this anime. The plot was decent, the characters were likeable and the MC was bad ass. When I first saw the rating I thought it sucks, but it didn't. Unlike that Reincarnated as a slime anime which I found boring despite the high ratings. Despite the bad animations IMO this anime deserves an 8/10 for consistently entertaining me.

MC shouls have said at the end before leaving hey Shizuku wanna come along

she was helping a friend sure but i believe she has hots for MC to she wouldn't hesitate to go

just found info about this
Sugram22Mar 20, 2021 5:39 AM
Mar 20, 2021 7:56 PM

Nov 2010
Sugram22 said:
MxS7HGS said:

she was helping a friend sure but i believe she has hots for MC to she wouldn't hesitate to go

IKR. I think Shizuku will be a fine addition to the harem. Maybe she'll be added to the harem on season 2. But yeah aside from Yue, the MC never asked the other waifus to join him, they just joined him on their own.
Mar 21, 2021 1:01 AM

Sep 2012
MxS7HGS said:
Sugram22 said:

IKR. I think Shizuku will be a fine addition to the harem. Maybe she'll be added to the harem on season 2. But yeah aside from Yue, the MC never asked the other waifus to join him, they just joined him on their own.

about Ships
Sugram22Apr 21, 2021 5:19 AM
Mar 27, 2021 8:10 AM
Feb 2021
I seriously love it
Maybe it has few faults but still it's awesome.
I want more of it <3
Apr 21, 2021 5:22 AM

Sep 2012
dr_spider said:
I seriously love it
Maybe it has few faults but still it's awesome.
I want more of it <3

cause of Overlord and this Isekai became my favorite Genre and Harem and romance (Ships) are cherry on the top
Oct 5, 2021 3:08 PM

Nov 2019
Well, at least the masochistic drake 'salvaged' the show. On the same seat with Oregairu Kan and Neon Genesis Evangeline. It's such an honour for Arifueta.

Can't wait for the second season to turn off my mind, relax and float down stream.
Help! I need somebody. Help! Not just anybody. Help! You know I need someone. Helpppppp!

Oct 8, 2021 5:59 AM
Sep 2019
Another member to the harem party, yay!
Oct 9, 2021 8:50 AM

Sep 2011
The series had a good start but it turned into boring waifu collection. However, I would still watch the second season.

Dec 4, 2021 7:53 PM

Jun 2012
This series was bad for 2 reasons:

The pacing was too fast so it wasn't true to it's original source, and then the CGI.

If this was a 24 episode series it would've genuinely been great. I really really hope the 2nd season is paced better.

Honestly, this episode was actually really good lol. It was paced fine, the CGI was just so bad man. Like why.. The CGI in the 2nd season can't be this bad right? So, the 2nd season should actually be decent at minimum.
Jan 3, 2022 5:51 PM

May 2008
I was getting close to hating this one, to begin with the background was incredibly sketchy, a whole classroom full of kids was transported to a different world to fight a battle they're not equipped to handle and they're all ok with that? Episode #1 was a 25 minute long chorus of WTF! I can see where eating raw monster for a week or two would give you a bad attitude but this guy was the pits, I guess cartoon girls dig that.

This anime checks off a lot of boxes, there's not a trope or meme left unused. I saw hints of Bleach, Pani Poni Dash, Full Metal Alchamist, and many other animes that had stand out characters or situations just aching to be exploited.

To me he should have been a lot more affectionate to Yue, what's not to like? A naked 300 year old vampire clone of a Certain Magical Index? they had a great start, she kind of melted his cold heart but later he only mentioned her as his lover once after they met Bunny Girl Shea. Yeah, there were problems with this anime, like riding through a midieval world in a hummer and on a chopper, his 50 cal sniper rifle, his 7.62mm minigun, the senceless battles that went on and on, or the big boss battles that were resolved in a few frames, or the fact that he didn't resolve the thread that involved the guy who shot him off the bridge to begin with.

All in all it was still entertaining even though it devolved into cuteness once baby mermaid was added to the harem. Ok, sodomizing a dragon was pretty high on the eechi scale, but the dragon liked it and she practically begged for more, and I'm all about the eechi.

I'm totally confused about this one, I LOVE good anime, and this isn't close, but still I binge watched all 13 episodes in 2 days and came back wanting more. I think it's because the characters are interesting. I decided long ago watch at least two episodes before I make a decision on an anime, this one i stretched to 5 episodes and I'm glad I did.

Animation 4/10
Story 5/10
Characters 6/10

But for some reason I liked it! It must be the horny dragon
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 30, 2019

90 by CocoaGalaxy »»
Jul 6, 7:24 AM

Poll: » Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 23, 2019

105 by CocoaGalaxy »»
Jul 6, 6:31 AM

Poll: » Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 16, 2019

109 by CocoaGalaxy »»
Jul 6, 5:38 AM

Poll: » Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 9, 2019

161 by CocoaGalaxy »»
Jul 6, 4:53 AM

Poll: » Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 2, 2019

84 by CocoaGalaxy »»
Jul 6, 4:00 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.