Forum Settings
Forums

'Shiguang Dailiren' Japanese Dub to Broadcast in January 2022

New
Nov 11, 2021 3:29 PM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
Aniplex announced a Japanese dub for Haoliners Animation League's Shiguang Dailiren (Link Click) original net anime on Friday, scheduled for a January 2022 broadcast on Tokyo MX and BS11. The company also opened an official website, revealing a teaser visual (pictured) and teaser promo.

Cast
Toki (Xiaoshi Cheng): Toshiyuki Toyonaga (Durarara!!)
Hikaru (Guang Lu): Takahiro Sakurai (Akudama Drive)
Rin (Ling Qiao): Aoi Koga (Bokutachi no Remake)

Staff
Director: Haoling Li (Ling Qi)
Original Character Design: INPLICK
Character Design: LAN (To Be Hero), Simeng Huang, Dan Xiong
Technical Director, Chief Animation Director: LAN
Art Director: Takumi Tanji (Kimi no Na wa.), Tomoya Asami (Gin no Guardian II)
Director of Photography: Yuka Yamajou (Tenki no Ko photography)
Music: Tenmon (Tsurezure Children), Yuma Yamaguchi (Shikioriori), av4ln
Studio: Studio LAN
Japanese Dub Production: Sony Music Solutions, Aniplex

Synopsis
It is said that a picture is worth a thousand words. In this case, it holds an infinite amount of secrets. These are secrets that only Cheng Xiaoshi and Lu Guang are able to find. In a small shop called "Time Photo Studio," the two friends provide a special service: using their extraordinary powers that let them enter photographs, they jump into pictures brought to them by clients in order to grant their wishes. Through the eyes of the photographer, they live through the events surrounding the picture and try to decipher how to solve their client's request.

But every time they jump into a picture, they take a great risk. One wrong move and they could alter the future of the person who took the picture... and possibly countless other events too. So when the events they are forced to live through in these pictures start to become personal, it will take the utmost strength to push their feelings aside and focus on accomplishing the task they were paid to do. [Written by MAL Rewrite]

The 11-episode supernatural drama anime series streamed on bilibili between April and July this year, followed by a special episode in May. Shiguang Dailiren garnered over 160 million views and reached a rating of 9.8 on bilibili. A second season is currently in production.

Teaser PV

Official site: https://link-click.jp/
Official Twitter: @linkclick_anime

Source: PR Times

Nov 11, 2021 3:45 PM

Aug 2019
I might get around to watching the show now
Nov 11, 2021 3:48 PM

Jul 2019
I'd still watch the Chinese version lol, but it is nice to see this is doing well, might watch it very soon, soon.
Nov 11, 2021 3:49 PM

Jun 2016
Oh cool! I wanted to watch it, but was hesitant because of the Mandarin. Excited now!
"The coexistence of diverse political values is the essence of democracy."

Nov 11, 2021 3:59 PM

Apr 2018
Yo wtf I saw it coming but still..

I doubt it’s going to be better than the original Chinese dub though…. And they’re most definitely going to replace the opening and ending songs too, so… :(
Nov 11, 2021 4:51 PM

Apr 2021
argosblock1 said:

I doubt it’s going to be better than the original Chinese dub though…. And they’re most definitely going to replace the opening and ending songs too, so… :(

Why would they replace the OP and ED? They’re so good!
Nov 11, 2021 4:52 PM

Apr 2018
SafetyInLetters said:
argosblock1 said:

Why would they replace the OP and ED? They’re so good!

They did the same with the dub for Mo Dao Zu Shi and Tian Guan Ci Fu.

Nevertheless, still happy to see the series getting more attention in Japan!
Nov 11, 2021 5:11 PM

Aug 2020
ah crap Koga Aoi is apart of this, suppose I have to watch it ;=;

Has a 8.60 mean score
Akasaka > Other Mangakas

Nov 11, 2021 5:47 PM

May 2020
Good, now no need to watch the original Chinese one.
Nov 11, 2021 6:50 PM

Jun 2019
It will be beneficial for the people who said they would openly refuse to watch it due to it being in Mandarin Chinese, and this was no small percentage of people.

I may rewatch an episode or two out of curiosity, but I always prefer to stick with the original language (yes, I prefer the sound of Japanese on the ears and am obviously much more familiar with/exposed to it at this stage than Chinese, but that's besides the point).
Nov 11, 2021 6:54 PM

Sep 2020
Hope they didn't change the OP and ED. Anyway excited non the less gonna re-watch it before season 2 comes out.

This is a masterpiece.
ZXEANNov 11, 2021 6:59 PM
Nov 11, 2021 8:46 PM

Apr 2018
WatchTillTandava said:
It will be beneficial for the people who said they would openly refuse to watch it due to it being in Mandarin Chinese, and this was no small percentage of people.

I may rewatch an episode or two out of curiosity, but I always prefer to stick with the original language (yes, I prefer the sound of Japanese on the ears and am obviously much more familiar with/exposed to it at this stage than Chinese, but that's besides the point).

As a speaker of both languages I also prefer watching it in it’s original language (Chinese this time) though I’m curious about how the Japanese dub’ll be.
Nov 11, 2021 8:47 PM

Apr 2018
ZXEAN said:
Hope they didn't change the OP and ED. Anyway excited non the less gonna re-watch it before season 2 comes out.

This is a masterpiece.

It probably will. They did the same to Mo Dao Zu Shi and Tian Guan Ci Fu’s dub.
Nov 11, 2021 8:52 PM
Seigi no Mikata

Sep 2021
I'm so excited to rewatch this series in Japanese dub yet a bit disappointed when seeing they're going to replace the OP and ED since these two are perfectly fit the Anime. Also wonder how they gonna handle those parts with Chinese insert song.
Nov 11, 2021 9:03 PM

Sep 2020
argosblock1 said:
ZXEAN said:

This is a masterpiece.

It probably will. They did the same to Mo Dao Zu Shi and Tian Guan Ci Fu’s dub.
I wish they don't , LINK CLICK OP and ED are too good. Anyway we will see...
Nov 11, 2021 9:54 PM

Aug 2018
Sakurai Takahiro & Aoi Koga, two of my favourite VA's are going to voice in Link Click 😍
It's rewatch time 😘
"When There Is Evil In This World That Justice Cannot Defeat, Would You Taint Your Hands With Evil To Defeat Evil? Or Would You Remain Steadfast And Righteous Even If It Means Surrendering To Evil?"
Nov 12, 2021 2:23 AM

Mar 2021
They gave me a good reason to rewatch the show
Nov 12, 2021 2:26 AM
Jul 2018
Awesome. I'll definitely rewatch this show for gorgeous VAs! I love their voice acting and personalities so much :D
But...I hope they don't replace original OP and ED songs.
Nov 12, 2021 3:10 AM

Feb 2019
Dub and Sub at the same time, well that's something.
Well I for one already loved Lain.
Nov 12, 2021 6:10 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
This has been one that I knew that I had to watch considering how many people was talking about it in the community so I'm glad that its getting a Japanese release
Nov 12, 2021 7:03 AM

Nov 2016
Wanted to watch this anyway, but might as well wait for the Japanese Dub.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Nov 12, 2021 7:31 PM
Dec 2017
I still think even with a Japanese dub there will be a bias to it due to it not being from Japan.

Nov 13, 2021 1:41 AM

Dec 2020
oh wow these are surprisingly fitting. i probably wont watch it but, sounds great!
Nov 13, 2021 9:49 AM
Jul 2018
I think I'll probably re-watch it once the jp dub airs; I'm curious to see how it'll be handled although I do think mandarin will probably be my preferred audio language for this series in particular. I'm excited to see how this wonderful story is handled! Also, I would highly recommend this series to anyone who hasn't watched it yet, although the ending does leave a lot to be desired; overall, it's an enjoyable watch :)
Nov 13, 2021 5:56 PM
Sep 2018
Good to know that Japan has it subbed but the original was better tho..
Nov 17, 2021 3:46 PM
May 2016
Softhenic03 said:
Good, now no need to watch the original Chinese one.

except it looks like they're changing the characters names to be more Japanese. besides the Mandarin in the original is pretty good anyways, so why not watch the original where the names aren't changed
Nov 17, 2021 3:50 PM
May 2016
why do they have to change the names to be more Japanese? There are plenty of Japanese anime with Chinese characters or korean characters, and they still have their regional names, so why change the names?

Probably cause executives still think it would be better for the sake of marketing, despite that fact
Nov 17, 2021 10:43 PM

Sep 2020
NG_Chloe said:
why do they have to change the names to be more Japanese? There are plenty of Japanese anime with Chinese characters or korean characters, and they still have their regional names, so why change the names?

Probably cause executives still think it would be better for the sake of marketing, despite that fact
Chinese name are very hard to spell. Moreover it's no big deal.
Nov 18, 2021 6:03 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
NG_Chloe said:

Dubs changing names of characters isn't a new concept....English dubs have been doing it for decades now

Like for example, in Digimon, Taichi is simply just known as Tai in the English dub and Yamato is known as Matt in the English dub
Nov 18, 2021 8:35 AM
May 2016
Tokoya said:
NG_Chloe said:

Dubs changing names of characters isn't a new concept....English dubs have been doing it for decades now

Like for example, in Digimon, Taichi is simply just known as Tai in the English dub and Yamato is known as Matt in the English dub

Just because something has been done for decades doesn't mean it's fine
Nov 18, 2021 8:44 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
NG_Chloe said:
Tokoya said:

All I'm saying is that's the way the dubbing industry works....It's easier for some people to use names more familiar to their native tongue I guess....That and I guess in some cases, the actual translations of these names can work in other languages too
Nov 18, 2021 1:45 PM
May 2016
Tokoya said:
NG_Chloe said:

All I'm saying is that's the way the dubbing industry works....It's easier for some people to use names more familiar to their native tongue I guess....That and I guess in some cases, the actual translations of these names can work in other languages too

Telling me how the industry works doesn't really help though, and I really shouldn't care since I won't be watching this version, but I'm just annoyed at people being like "oh I can finally watch it because Mandarin is just worst,", and I just want the names to be the same and even if that's how dubbing works, I don't see a reason to change them(especially into such generic names like "Rin" and "Hikaru").

At least just simplify the names rather than completely change them, and I shouldn't be annoyed about something I won't watch but over here, when Funimation dubs something, they keep the names the same(I know cultural differences and all that, I really don't care for that argument).

I just want the people who will watch this to know the characters' names ya know
Nov 19, 2021 3:39 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
NG_Chloe said:
Tokoya said:

Telling me how the industry works doesn't really help though, and I really shouldn't care since I won't be watching this version, but I'm just annoyed at people being like "oh I can finally watch it because Mandarin is just worst,", and I just want the names to be the same and even if that's how dubbing works, I don't see a reason to change them(especially into such generic names like "Rin" and "Hikaru").

At least just simplify the names rather than completely change them, and I shouldn't be annoyed about something I won't watch but over here, when Funimation dubs something, they keep the names the same(I know cultural differences and all that, I really don't care for that argument).

I just want the people who will watch this to know the characters' names ya know
I understand completely and you have every right to feel the way that you do about it
Nov 20, 2021 10:58 AM

Feb 2020
NG_Chloe said:

Japanese kanji = Traditional Chinese.
Only difference is the pronunciation.

Lu Guang:
surname: 陆
First name: 光

光, this kanji is pronounced 'Hikaru' in Japanese. (both mean light in English)

Cheng Xiaoshi:
surname: 程
first name: 小时

时 is written 時 in traditional Chinese, which can be pronounced 'Toki' in Japanese. (both mean hour in English)

Qiao Ling:
surname: 乔
first name: 苓

Don't think there really is a meaning for her name changing to Rin other than the fact that Ling can sound like Rin especially since sounds for R and L are basically the same in Japanese.

But yeh, pretty sure that's how they got their names and they aren't really changing them. I can understand your frustration though, coz some English speakers are going to refer to them by the Japanese pronunciations of their names now.
SooshiManNov 20, 2021 11:05 AM
Peace out
Nov 20, 2021 5:03 PM
May 2016
SooshiMan said:
NG_Chloe said:

Lu Guang:

Cheng Xiaoshi:

时 is written 時 in traditional Chinese, which can be pronounced 'Toki' in Japanese. (both mean hour in English)

Qiao Ling:

Don't think there really is a meaning for her name changing to Rin other than the fact that Ling can sound like Rin especially since sounds for R and L are basically the same in Japanese.

But yeh, pretty sure that's how they got their names and they aren't really changing them. I can understand your frustration though, coz some English speakers are going to refer to them by the Japanese pronunciations of their names now.

Thank you for the information. That actually helps a bit
Nov 22, 2021 2:20 PM

Apr 2018
SooshiMan said:
NG_Chloe said:

Lu Guang:

Cheng Xiaoshi:

Qiao Ling:

Just to add but not all Traditional Chinese characters are the same in Japanese (Shinjitai).
広 for example, 鉱石, the character is a Japanese only variant (compared to 礦石).
Nov 23, 2021 8:15 AM

May 2009
I prefer to stick with the original language. The original OP and ED songs are amazing too, it sucks they're being changed.

But I guess now all the pretentious "OH I caN'T LiSteN To ChiNEsE" people can watch it and stop whining.
Nov 24, 2021 12:11 AM
otp haver 🤪

Jul 2017
I never had an issue with trying out the Chinese original but the Japanese dub isn't bad so who knows. Probably won't be trying this out for a while either way.
Nov 24, 2021 3:21 AM
May 2009
I saw the first episode. and man it scarred me in its own right.
Great animation, voice acting. music in english was a suprise.

Need to push pass the trauma though to watch episode two.

Really happy to see Chinese animation making waves in Japan.
Dec 19, 2021 5:22 AM
Jul 2018
January 9, 2022 at 9:30pm
Jan 5, 2022 3:12 AM
Jul 2018
OP in Japan broadcast

removed-userJan 5, 2022 3:16 AM

More topics from this board

» Manga 'Hikaru ga Shinda Natsu' Gets Anime Adaptation

DatRandomDude - 7 hours ago

9 by Memore »»
36 minutes ago

» TOHO Strengthens Animation Division with Acquisition of Science SARU

Vindstot - 3 hours ago

3 by Memore »»
43 minutes ago

» Manga 'Hanazakari no Kimitachi e' Gets Anime

DatRandomDude - May 14

43 by zedtronic »»
1 hour ago

» 'Fairy Tail: 100 Years Quest' Reveals More Cast

DatRandomDude - 8 hours ago

1 by Yubisoft »»
2 hours ago

» Voice Actress Aya Hirano, Actor Masashi Taniguchi Announce Marriage

Vindstot - Jan 2

36 by StewedBeefHaunch »»
4 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.