Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Nov 14, 2021 12:58 AM

Nov 2011
Tbh, I was kinda looking forward to Iwabee VS Wasabi.

The amount of personality poured into this episode actually kept me more entertained than I had expected. Then again, we are talking about Iwabee, one of the best trash talkers in the show. Episode turned out to be actually pretty decent just from that fight.
Nov 14, 2021 12:58 AM

Jun 2019
The second match of the Chunin Exams is here and it's between Wasabi and Iwabe. But there's something going on with Wasabi. She's giving up too easily. I feel bad for her. The pressure, the expectations, and everything else is too much for Wasabi. Also, nice to see the Sand kids back again.

One thing still hasn't changed is how much they talk during the match. The big cat was cool at the end. Overall, it was an alright episode. The next one should be quite interesting tho.
Nov 14, 2021 1:30 AM
Jul 2020
I mean it was pretty okay I guess. I was expecting a fight but iwabe jus brought out naruto's talk no Jutsu and made wasabi believe in herself and stuff. A 7/10 ep for me. 4tune animated this ep and they are known for slice-of-life anime and stuff like that so I can see why there's not like a fight at all. But it's a pretty good ep ig
Nov 14, 2021 1:46 AM

Apr 2018
Not much to say beside Wasabi's weird behavior. Gave up way too easily but I wasn't looking forward to this fight anyway. Well, they managed to make it interesting. Next one looks good though.

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
Nov 14, 2021 1:55 AM

Feb 2013
IMO these anime canon episodes have been well directed and displayed potential for the non squad 7 side characters. A cat susanoo? I understand ninja shit is important but how about a history lesson or two in ninja academy? How do these children not know about Naruto's childhood and can declare they cant be Hokage because their upbringing and family history with the most prime example of someone becoming Hokage from basically a nobody watching them. Iwabe prob gets a chunin vest due to that talk no jutsu with a stone neko for flare. But Chocho vs Sarada is what I wanted since the final exam was announced. Uchihas are usually not the best against opponents whose only power is pure speed or strength. Possible upset?

I'm going to be the Wizard Hokage of the Pirates!!!!
Nov 14, 2021 1:55 AM

May 2020
why shiki and the gang is here? didnt sai said last ep that this exam is exclusive to konoha and there will be no spectators, sooooo....
Nov 14, 2021 2:24 AM

Dec 2020
Tbh iwabee was again talking so much, this fight was okay i would say the cat in the end was nice.

Boruto and mitsuki are not there haha and next fight looks though.
P O S I T I V E V I B E Sシ

Nov 14, 2021 3:14 AM
Jul 2020
KowaitheSenpai said:
IMO these anime canon episodes have been well directed and displayed potential for the non squad 7 side characters. A cat susanoo? I understand ninja shit is important but how about a history lesson or two in ninja academy? How do these children not know about Naruto's childhood and can declare they cant be Hokage because their upbringing and family history with the most prime example of someone becoming Hokage from basically a nobody watching them. Iwabe prob gets a chunin vest due to that talk no jutsu with a stone neko for flare. But Chocho vs Sarada is what I wanted since the final exam was announced. Uchihas are usually not the best against opponents whose only power is pure speed or strength. Possible upset?
Why.....why should these kids know about naruto's past? You can't just tell them his past. That's kinda like his privacy if naruto wants to tell them let him tell. It's just stupid that every kid should know about his past and how he lived and was hated
Nov 14, 2021 3:49 AM
Mar 2021
This episode was stretched way too much and the Wasabi giant cat scene was pretty meh aside from the animation tbh. I also hate the fact that Boruto and Mitsuki are now following after Amado. Its obviously just because they dont want Boruto and Mitsuki to enter because they're too strong.
Nov 14, 2021 3:50 AM
A sandwich

Jul 2020
Well, I got the second prediction, though not in the way I expected to. It was an entertaining episode for a filler. Nevertheless I already screwed up one chunnin prediction by the next match being between two of the other ones I've chosen. So I guess I'll swap out Chocho with Tsubaki. I'm not keen on Boruto becoming chunnin just yet and Mitsuki... well maybe.
⠓⠥⠍⠁⠝⠊⠞⠽ ⠞⠓⠗⠕⠥⠛⠓ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠎⠞⠥⠏⠊⠙⠊⠞⠽⠂ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠺⠊⠇⠇ ⠎⠅⠊⠏ ⠺⠁⠎⠓⠊⠝⠛ ⠞⠓⠑⠊⠗ ⠓⠁⠝⠙⠎ ⠁⠝⠙ ⠑⠝⠙ ⠥⠏ ⠗⠥⠊⠝⠊⠝⠛ ⠊
⠞ ⠋⠕⠗ ⠑⠧⠑⠗⠽⠕⠝⠑
⠎⠓⠊⠊⠅⠕ ⠁⠕⠎⠕⠊⠂ ⠼⠃⠼⠚⠼⠁⠼⠓
Nov 14, 2021 3:51 AM
Mar 2021
Natsude_tanaka said:
why shiki and the gang is here? didnt sai said last ep that this exam is exclusive to konoha and there will be no spectators, sooooo....

Well i guess Gaara discussed it with Naruto already
Nov 14, 2021 4:14 AM

Jun 2014
Lol wtf was this. That was an interesting 2nd fight....if you can even really call it a fight. Wasabi wins by default since Iwabe exhausted himself, so good for her I guess.
thebrentinator24Nov 14, 2021 4:18 AM
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Nov 14, 2021 4:17 AM

Feb 2013
Bulldog01234 said:
KowaitheSenpai said:
Why.....why should these kids know about naruto's past? You can't just tell them his past. That's kinda like his privacy if naruto wants to tell them let him tell. It's just stupid that every kid should know about his past and how he lived and was hated
If they are living in a more technological time with computers I would figure a :ninja wikipedia" would exist in that case and if Hokages are important figures throughout the village's history you would like to teach kids actual examples of success so they dont get the mindset of Wasabi

I'm going to be the Wizard Hokage of the Pirates!!!!
Nov 14, 2021 4:53 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
I am pretty sure Wasabi's parents actually understand the situation, and just doin the gimmick cheers for the sake of their grandma. Though, that's definitely a very big anxiety moment for a poor Wasabi, can relate that much.

The battle of the ordinary side character began. As expected they both already argue about that, and typical Iwabe just did something insane and ofc drained his damn chakra. But, for the good side, Wasabi as my prediction really became a chuunin, and i really think they can be a good pair in the future. I ship them hard.

Though, legit i really think nekomata or something similar cat would be out of those scroll. My high expectation blow me up, and hope Sarada and Chocho can heal me over that matter. And Shikamaru compared this to Naruto vs Kiba? Bruh, at least that's a fuckin meme battle, so its freakin funny when i remembered that shit again. While this one, ugh, not that level, Shikamaru.
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Nov 14, 2021 5:32 AM

Mar 2020
Enjoyed it. Iwabe-kun is soo funny, he is soo pumped up before the match and now. Hahahaha but thanks to him Wasabi-chan finally opened her eyes and realize something important. That jutsu is cool btw.

What is going on with Amado-san!! I'm really curious.

Next week is a match between best friends. Looking forward to it!
Zorosuke_Nov 14, 2021 5:36 AM
Oppai check!

111 cm: Hancock
110 cm: Zoro
100 cm: Robin
Nov 14, 2021 5:39 AM

Jan 2020
Maybe Iwabe should reconsider why he decided to become a ninja instead of a sculptor...
Nov 14, 2021 5:41 AM

May 2015
All I got from this episode was that Wasabi is tree level.
Nov 14, 2021 6:32 AM
Sep 2021
Wow this episode was kinda bad. I wish they would have explored wasabi’s character and her high expectation issue maybe in another anime only arc that’s not the chunin exams? The cat susanoo was cool I guess. Either way at next weeks fight looks like an actual fight so I’m excited
Nov 14, 2021 6:35 AM
Apr 2019
I was really hoping Boruto vs sarada would be a thing
Nov 14, 2021 6:45 AM

Dec 2015
The talk was drawn out quite a bit but the way Iwabe helped Wasabi get confidence and gain a new a power is kind of akin to Deku vs Todoroki. Neko Susano'o was cool. Even Konohamaru was confused on what they were doing. On top of that it must be a pain to clean up this ring 😂.

On another note, I'm more curious about what Amado has gotten himself into and what will happen to Boruto and Mitsuki. Konohamaru is getting some lucky draws but there's no way they can make it back in time, right?
Nov 14, 2021 7:00 AM

Mar 2021
Idk why but Iwabe and the way he spoke about his dream, reminded me of Naruto's speech back then :'). He deserved to win imo but im not angry about the match howsoever <3
Can't wait for Sarada next week C:
Nov 14, 2021 7:08 AM
Jul 2020
KowaitheSenpai said:
Bulldog01234 said:
If they are living in a more technological time with computers I would figure a :ninja wikipedia" would exist in that case and if Hokages are important figures throughout the village's history you would like to teach kids actual examples of success so they dont get the mindset of Wasabi
KowaitheSenpai said:
Bulldog01234 said:
I mean ya I get what your saying. But putting about naruto's past like saying he was hated by the village and ppl didn't respect him and he lived a shit childhood is a bit too much for the kids to know. If he want's to he can tell em but I feel it's better that they shouldn't know. If they do find out it better be from sasuke, sakura or on of the og character
Nov 14, 2021 7:25 AM
Jul 2020
when i thought there couldnt be a worst chunin exam fight then sakura vs ino, this fight happens... i mean, was it even a fight?? i was expecting this fight to be really intense due to their personalities but wasabi's parents don't know their daughter and the pressure on wasabi's shoulders was huge... it was a really bad episode, considering the situation... i feel like this wasabi situation couldve had occured in a different scenario, not in the chunin exams (altough it's understandable why it happened now)... damn what a waste of a fight and episode.
Sarada vs cho-cho is going to be nice, looking forward it
Nov 14, 2021 7:26 AM
Aug 2021
Well surprisingly this episode was fairly average. I get the episode was basically a "confidence boost" character development for Wasabi and an improvement on her relationship/attitude towards Iwabe but I was realllllllly looking forward to see Iwabe fight.

They've teased it sooo much that it's surprising to see it end this way.

This ep was a solid 3/5 for me.
Nov 14, 2021 8:32 AM
Jul 2021
2/5

the wasabi story with the family was interesting, but it was all very poorly executed in this episode, the soundtrack didn't quite fit and the fight was terrible, but the final scene with the cat was cool.
Taka46782Dec 29, 2021 12:02 PM
Nov 14, 2021 8:45 AM
Oct 2021
I wish they actually battled

But was good to see some background and another jutsu
Nov 14, 2021 8:53 AM

Nov 2013
what
the
fuck
was
this
episode
????

not only this "fight" was dumb as hell, but the ending ... what's the chances of both of them not being picked until the last match? lol talk about "luck"
i mean sure, the big cat statue and the new jutsu were cool moments, but holy shit...

anyway, interested in the next match, Sarada is obviously my favorite character from the new gen and the next fight should be interesting, specially after this...excuse of an episode lol
winddevil1Nov 14, 2021 9:02 AM
fav "new" girls from spring <3 ... click sig for older seasons and more possible picks
Nov 14, 2021 9:02 AM

Jun 2019
It's not my favorite but I like the whole talk no jutsu thing. It's been a while since we've had that. Iwabe's speech here reminded me of Naruto vs Neji back then. But of course, Naruto's had a bigger impact.

Quite excited to see the next fight! I was thinking Sarada should win since I expect Boruto and Mitsuki to be eliminated. But against Chocho? Given Inojin's loss, I thought Chocho would win her battle too 🤔 Darn. I don't know who's winning this time, but I'm betting on Sarada. And I hope Sasuke shows up 😐 he doesn't have to dimension travel anymore right? The least he could do is support his little peanut 🤣
"To keep enduring, no matter what, until things come to pass...perhaps that's what it means to be a ninja." - Uchiha Sasuke
Nov 14, 2021 9:05 AM
Jul 2021
Ugh, man I hate how far the quality has come down since the legit canon ended 😩. But I guess the message was good, and I like him a lot more now
Nov 14, 2021 10:14 AM
Nov 2021
Hey everyone, we will be discussing the episode at noon Pacific Time. https://www.watchroom.io/event-details/boruto-naruto-next-generations-episode-224-afterroom

Come and chill out with us. If you can't make it it's no biggie, we will be organizing these events weekly.

Follow Boruto's page for next events https://www.watchroom.io/boruto. We also host a prediction competition, with the award being your custom portrait done in anime style.
Nov 14, 2021 10:48 AM

Nov 2012
Chunin battle became a shouting match between idiots. I can't believe that fool used all of his chakra making a giant cat. I loved every time they showed Sai, Naruto, and Shikamaru their faces had the same lost look.

I knew it was going to be Sarada and Chocho. I was kinda hoping for Sarada vs. Samurai Girl, but I knew it was Chocho. I like Chocho, but I don't think she can beat Sarada unless she uses the pills (forget the name).

Shinki starring at Kawaki was interesting.

Nov 14, 2021 11:38 AM
Jan 2017
this is the most epic battle i ever seen on this series,,
why not, chunin exam is the big chance to show your power to the world, and you make decision to made a giant rock cat and show everyone understand to dont give up to your dream even other said is imposible and up with out your chakra, real clever and genius, i have to give compliment to this script maker and the director of this episode,
this is masterpiece so i give 2/10
Nov 14, 2021 12:17 PM
Jan 2021
This was quite a unique match.

Firstly I can see that Wasabi's family has high hopes for Wasabi to be the first member of the Izuno clan that becomes a Jonin. Most people within the clan don't become Chunin until they are adults. In general Wasabi's parents are extremely supportive, but their expectations are a lot to live up to. I can understand the pressure that Wasabi feels.

During the match, Iwabe focused less on beating Wasabi (which if he really wanted to he could've done so very simply since Wasabi wasn't really in it), he opened her eyes. He made sure to communicate that there is nothing that one can't accomplish if they believe in themselves and work for it.

Iwabe is such a nice guy. Instead of taking the easy win he prioritized helping Wasabi find her motivation and get her to start believing in herself. His behavior in this episode was extremely similar to how Izuku Midoriya spent his time during his battle against Todoroki trying to get him to use his fire for once. Iwabe used his Earth Style to create a cat as big as a mountain.

As a result, he ran out of chakra, but the cat wasn't fully secure. As the cat's head was falling toward Iwabe, Wasabi finally found her drive and used the Izuno clan's legendary jutsu, Cat God Possession! Monster Cat Beckoning Jutsu! The inconsistent stories her grandmother told her were true, she was able to summon a cat the size of a mountain. Because Iwabe used up all his chakra and can no longer fight, Wasabi won by default and became a Chunin. Of course Wasabi didn't want to win this way, but what can you do.

Now the next match is Sarada vs. Cho-Cho. Well GGs, Sarada you're winning this!

I'm excited for the next episodes!
Nov 14, 2021 12:28 PM
Sep 2021
Yeah no, this episode was trash. All they did was talk instead of actually doing their job. Since when did people think passing the Chunin exams automatically put you onto the path of Hokage?? Aren't there like hundreds of Chunin in the village that remain so for the rest of their lives? I don't see how Wasabi couldn't just do the match and have the nervous breakdown later. The whole episode was dumb. Skip to the Sarada fight ffs.
Nov 14, 2021 1:50 PM
Oct 2021
I’m sorry that I’m not sorry… but this show is so good to me. The emotion that the voice actors deliver, can be top tier, even when their character isn’t a main character. This also helped me better understand Wasabi’s character, and I love how they tried to help us understand better what it would be like to be from a ‘minor’ clan in Konoha. I have watched all of the Naruto series, and I wait for a new episode every week. This show still has the potential to be just as good as Naruto & Shippuden, as long as it’s taken in the right direction in the future. I think they are listening to us and will be fixing most problems that many people are having!
P.S. Iwabe & Wasabi are obv gonna be a couple in the future. Iwabewasabi.. Wasabiiwabe?
Sss217Nov 14, 2021 1:58 PM
Nov 14, 2021 1:55 PM
Oct 2021
I would also like to point out, if many of you are just looking to watch some bad ass action content, you’re obviously in the wrong place, and the fact that you guys haven’t noticed already and continue to just watch a show to hate on it, is pathetic. I think it’s important to point out that Naruto and Naruto: Shippuden themselves are full of fillers, full of talking and flashbacks rather than just action. The chunin exams are about finding qualities in future ninja, that will most help the village and people of the village. In order to do that, you don’t just have to be able to beat an opponent in battle. I honestly don’t understand how some of you have made it this far in the show lol. There is definitely flaws, but there was also flaws in Naruto and Shippuden’s plot. Before you guys comment just to hate in the future, maybe consider not? ILL BE DAMNED IF THE FUTURE OF A SHOW THAT I LOVE IS IN THE HANDS OF KIDS THAT DON’T KNOW HOW TO PROPERLY CRITIQUE SOMETHING…
Sss217Nov 14, 2021 2:09 PM
Nov 14, 2021 2:34 PM
Jul 2018
To say the truth not there was a fight, everything was resolved by the dialogues and jutsu of the legendary family of Wasabi in general I thought the episode was very average but the scenes in relation to Wasabi were cool.
Nov 14, 2021 5:22 PM
Jan 2020
I don't think winning by default should reward you on becoming a chunin... I mean, did you really prove yourself to be chunin-worthy by just realizing not to give up so easily?

It is what it is, I guess... The shinobi ranks don't matter anyway most of the time.

Good for Wasabi tho, cool jutsu she got there!
Nov 14, 2021 6:29 PM
Jun 2017
Not the type. Of chuunin exam i am expecting for with. Hahaha
Nov 14, 2021 8:08 PM
Aug 2021
my score is 8/10
This is the craziest chunin exam battle but the interesting thing is that I saw the legendary jutsu
Nov 14, 2021 8:41 PM

Oct 2008
the fight between Iwabe & Wasabi is like a joke for me...but it was at least nice!
4/5.

Nov 15, 2021 2:55 AM

Nov 2014
vvhat a stupid match. my eyes are bleeding from the cringe.
Nov 15, 2021 11:28 AM
Nov 2020
Just pray that there isn't another otsutsuki that's going to destroy the chunin exams again
Nov 15, 2021 1:06 PM
EOussama

Dec 2016
Did she just unlock a cat Susano'o? Not only is it not exclusive to Uchihas but it also comes in variations.
Nov 15, 2021 4:03 PM
Nov 2021
anyone knows the music played during iwabi and wasabi talking (10-12 m)
Nov 16, 2021 4:39 AM
Oct 2019
Really unique match, rather than combat skill it's more like battle of willpower.
Believe it in your dream, like Iwabe said.
I honestly enjoying the storytelling.

Hey Yodo is here, that's my name lol

Oh shit i didn't expect we have a Battle of Best friend next week.
Damn my prediction is failed already, i thought we gonna have Sarada vs Tsubaki.

Don't tell me Boruto gonna fight Mitsuki, hmmm...
Nov 16, 2021 4:42 AM
Oct 2019
Natsude_tanaka said:

It's the power of Insider lol
Nov 18, 2021 6:47 PM

Jun 2021
bruhhhh This isn't even a fight
Nov 20, 2021 5:05 PM

Oct 2013
Well the spirit of TnJ lives on but I just couldn't get into it. Characters are supposed to be showcasing their techniques not throwing the match just to prove a point. And why is Shinki looking at Kawaki like he knows him? I highly doubt Gaara is gossiping about Konoha's secrets with kids.
Nov 23, 2021 9:34 PM

Jul 2016
Way to go Iwabe~! What a chad!
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Boruto: Naruto Next Generations Episode 139 Discussion

Stark700 - Jan 12, 2020

28 by Chfenj_ »»
Jun 7, 12:49 PM

Poll: » Boruto: Naruto Next Generations Episode 135 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 8, 2019

48 by Chfenj_ »»
Jun 5, 1:13 PM

Poll: » Boruto: Naruto Next Generations Episode 183 Discussion

Stark700 - Jan 24, 2021

30 by Tony2Phones »»
Jun 4, 1:48 AM

Poll: » Power comparison

Igris_knight - Jun 3

5 by ezequielatlus »»
Jun 3, 11:43 AM

Poll: » Boruto: Naruto Next Generations Episode 181 Discussion

Eoussama - Jan 10, 2021

49 by Tony2Phones »»
Jun 3, 2:44 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.