Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Oct 2, 2021 9:29 PM

Jul 2017
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
It seems that Fena and Yukimaru aren't the only ones who've suffered the same trauma, even Abel himself has memories of Fena's mother purged in fear and tremor.

Colonel Abel's backstory of how he met Helena amidst his own family that isn't very well off, the once supposed prince that could not be king, with the elegant girl herself doused in flowers. To imagine her eloping is the least of the suspicions, but it happened while boring the king's child, and she paid the price by being publicly executed, not before giving Abel the message to go to Eden should he meet Fena.

A moment of recluse for Fena and Yukimaru, and with the secret song "Vice Versa" (Latin for "The other way around") of Fena's, that's the key to reach Eden, apart from the cave that tells them of the coordinates to reach Eden (or rather, Eden beckoning out to Fena). It's all in the lyrics, the subliminal message hidden quite well.

It's time to get ready for the final quarter stretch to reach Eden, this would be one hell of a final journey.

To think that Abel's obsession with Fena's mother goes THIS deep, it's truly painful. And to think of back-to-back episodes where tears are continously shed, man, this story is truly heartbreaking.
Oct 2, 2021 9:31 PM

Mar 2014
First part: speedrun of Abel's backstory. Apparently Fena's mother was completely devoted to this magical prophecy/destiny crap and was willing to get knocked up by a king to make this "Pucelle" of legend.

Second part: I don't know how they figured out all that vice versa and clock orientation trickery on the spot without writing anything down on a piece of paper.

Feels a bit rushed overall
Oct 2, 2021 9:34 PM

Feb 2019
So my theory of a love triangle from last week was right. I feel really bad for Abel, that pain is a lot to deal with.

Episode 9 and it seems like the story is really just getting going now that we have some potential coordinates for Eden. No way this doesn’t get a second season.
Oct 2, 2021 9:39 PM
Mar 2021
I liked this episode, the way Abel's past was shown, which makes us understand the reasons that lead the character to commit the acts he has been committing, another thing is that this episode was very explanatory in relation to the location of Eden, A animation of this episode was really good, Pramim is one of the Best Episodes so far.
Oct 2, 2021 9:40 PM
A sandwich

Jul 2020
That was quite the quick on spot deduction for vice versa. I wouldn't have expected the numbers to also be mirrored.

Also we get to see Abel's backstory and how Helena died due to... why did she have to die again?
⠓⠥⠍⠁⠝⠊⠞⠽ ⠞⠓⠗⠕⠥⠛⠓ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠎⠞⠥⠏⠊⠙⠊⠞⠽⠂ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠺⠊⠇⠇ ⠎⠅⠊⠏ ⠺⠁⠎⠓⠊⠝⠛ ⠞⠓⠑⠊⠗ ⠓⠁⠝⠙⠎ ⠁⠝⠙ ⠑⠝⠙ ⠥⠏ ⠗⠥⠊⠝⠊⠝⠛ ⠊
⠞ ⠋⠕⠗ ⠑⠧⠑⠗⠽⠕⠝⠑
⠎⠓⠊⠊⠅⠕ ⠁⠕⠎⠕⠊⠂ ⠼⠃⠼⠚⠼⠁⠼⠓
Oct 2, 2021 9:45 PM

Jun 2019
Why does this suddenly feels rushed? We got Abel's backstory in this episode and got to know the reason for his actions. The part with coordinates and all to Eden was quite an interesting one.

I've many questions but for now I'll wait to see if they'll get answered later on or not? I like this show very much and I do hope that this gets another season after this one. It cannot be the end of their journey at Eden once they reach there.
Oct 2, 2021 9:46 PM

Mar 2008
Abel's past, damn. But before I feel bad for him I wonder if he's the one that destroyed the ship Fena was on as a kid and why he did it. Now Yukimaru and Fena know where Eden is and Abel will be on their tail.
Oct 2, 2021 9:57 PM
Apr 2019
AnimeJunky said:
Abel's past, damn. But before I feel bad for him I wonder if he's the one that destroyed the ship Fena was on as a kid and why he did it. Now Yukimaru and Fena know where Eden is and Abel will be on their tail.

I dunno. It seems pretty simple. I imagine he wanted Franz's head on a pike. It would be easy to blame Franz for stealing Helena away.
Oct 2, 2021 9:58 PM

Jun 2020
Not a fan of the writing tbh. Don't think that much has really happened in 9 episodes. Hard to ignore while watching.
Oct 2, 2021 10:08 PM

Jul 2011
So after the Abel backstory,what we go.
Fena is a princess, and have albinism, probably.
Jeanne gone to England.

Im interested of how Franz succesfully runned away with the baby Fena. Is still royalty after all.

For sake of plot Abel will know the location telepathically.

Cody is the true villain?

Oct 2, 2021 10:28 PM

Feb 2021
Damn so Fena's mom died just like Joan of Arc, that's probably why she was mentioned in episode 4. I can kinda see why Abel is obsessed with Fena after witnessing that brutal death.

Well the anime is entering its final 3 episodes so I expect many things to happen in the next episode cause those last 2 have been really chill and mostly served to advance the plot and develop the characters.
Oct 2, 2021 10:32 PM
Apr 2019
This was a top notch episode. It took Abel from a very extreme, kinda creepy character, to one with very solid, very understandable motivations. Up until he shot Yukimaru, who probably came across as a threat to all motivations, I found him to be likable. His backstory makes me really like him. His character is beautifully written. I do wonder, though, if he realizes that Fena is his half-sister. If the king was his father (I'd put money on Abel being an illegitimate son)... Early on I thought there might be a family relationship. Kinda happy to see I was right, though not in a way I expected.

Helena, however, is not nearly so likable. Calling Fena "The Child" like Fena is some sort of tool. Actually, she might be one of my least favorite so far.

Yukimaru singing gave me a heat attack. So beautiful. I really appreciate he and Fena's relationship. He's protective, but it would easy to make him overprotective and they didn't.

As for the end scene, I like that Shitan seems to have accepted her. The look Yukimaru and Shitan exchanged was really quite intense. Yukimaru silently challenging Shitan and seeming satisfied with what he saw. I think Fena's naivete and ditsiness, him realizing why Yukimaru bops her on the head, made him see her as something other than what Yukihisa said she was. I do think the groundwork had already been established, though. But it's still nice to see him accepting her as a member of the crew and the leader of this expedition.

This episode was amazing from start to finish and I can't wait for next week's.
Oct 2, 2021 11:05 PM

Feb 2014
So am I the only one who was hoping for Fena to be Abel's love child rather than ht NTR King? Also the way they played with history here like Helena being Jeanne-type and Abel Bluefield aka the obsessive Gilles de Reis(Bluebird) is treading on thin lines. Let's see where this takes us.
When someone asks me why I like anime, I'd say Just Because.

Oct 2, 2021 11:30 PM

Dec 2020
???2!#!$!$!!$($+$ SO..? ABEL AND FENA ARE STEP SIBLINGS..? with fena's mother being abel's lover what the fuckk😭😭

..but anyways! at least the gang is together again and we know where we're headed :D
Oct 2, 2021 11:35 PM

Aug 2021
Perfect quality , and awesome as always.. looking forward to episode 10 but I need a recap of main plot points
Stawberry Milk Supremacy
Oct 2, 2021 11:44 PM

Mar 2008
Almost felt like Abel's back story had too much shown at once but I assume that was to quickly get audiences to warm up to him more after him shooting Yukimaru and seeming to only be possessive of Fena from obsession because she looked like his love which really turned out to be a broken heart trying to bring back his love which is more understandable for how he acts since anyone would become like that after such tragedy.

At least this episode cleared up that Fena and Helena probably aren't the same person which almost seemed hinted at before but was me reading too much into it.
Oct 3, 2021 12:07 AM

Mar 2020
oh the plot thickens...So helena did love abel. Their past from abel's pov was sad but i would love to know what she really felt during this whole ordeal.
The location decoding was too fast and idk it wasnt convincing at all. I just couldnt wrap my mind around it.
Too much information in a single episode. The team is back together and ready for a new journey...cant wait to see 'eden'
Oct 3, 2021 12:28 AM

Apr 2014
Cody seems to know something and he is probably the real mastermind.

btw, The coordination 63°00'00.0"N 14°00'00.0"W is located in the North Atlantic Ocean between the Faroe Islands and Iceland.
何それ?意味分かんない
Oct 3, 2021 12:40 AM

Jan 2020
I might have understood this incorrectly, but is Abel Fena's brother? Or is the kind not related to him? Like I don't get this detail.

Other than that, Abel's backstory isn't bad. He lives with the illusion that Helena is alive somewhere even though he saw her burn with his own eyes. It'd be interesting to see what Eden is because I'm not even sure it's a place.

The episode was OK. I liked previous episodes a lot more. I really wonder how they plan on wrapping things up in just 3 episodes. I hope it doesn't get rushed.
I sometimes forget to finish my sentences.
Oct 3, 2021 12:58 AM

Jan 2009
damn how old is Abel then right now? lol he should have been an grandpa age already

Helena said the only one that she truly love is Abel though so what a tragic romance between them

now Fena and the group knows the coordinates of Eden lets find out whats inside it
Oct 3, 2021 1:02 AM

Oct 2016
Really good episode! I also really liked Abel's backstory, really fucked up though. So Fena and Abel are like step-siblings probably. Abel is trying to get to Eden through Fena, so he can be with Helena.

Those were some pretty big brain thinking right there with the song and coordinates. This definitely felt like the penultimate episode, onwards to the climax we go. Looking forward to the next episodes.
Oct 3, 2021 5:51 AM
Community Mod
Peacemaker

Jan 2017
So apparently Abel is more likely a sibling than a parent, but we will see. There is a big difference between those two character dynamics. Also, why was Helena's hair cut? Was it done by herself or by the prison? I get the symbolism between Fena and her mother, but just cutting a girl's hair doesn't make her a strong character.

Either way, the insert OST track in the flashback scene was gorgeous. I can't wait for that entire Yuki Kajiura song to be available.

The entire puzzle solving happened a little too conveniently and quickly to be believable, but it could have been a lot worse.

We are reaching the final stage of this season, so hopefully they can stick the landing.
Oct 3, 2021 7:16 AM
Oct 2014
Roman numerals are never written as decimals and units. 14 becomes XIV, 61 as LXI.
Location is on the east coast of Iceland.
Oct 3, 2021 7:24 AM

Jul 2017
bit rushed but decent
Oct 3, 2021 8:35 AM
Jun 2021
I loved the first part of the episode where they showed Abel's story. I wish they dedicated the whole episode to him and Helena. As usual this episode left me wanting for more. I like how they show us buts and pieces of the characters past life. Fingers crossed for a second season! Hopefully this series will do well in Japan.
Oct 3, 2021 9:02 AM

Oct 2020
Ah, Abel's backstory was pretty sad. I honestly see how he developed a possessive nature. The coordinates to Eden were hidden in Fena's secret song. The whole sequence of detective work to solve the coordinates felt a bit impromptu and rushed. Well, Eden is the way to go!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 3, 2021 10:17 AM
Apr 2021
The art on this episode is amazing! In Abel's flashback the use of that watercolor style on the backgrounds is so dreamy and Helena's dancing scene was jawdropping and beatufully animated. Storywise I would like that they have spent more time in this backstory, it was emotionally packed and I think it deserved more screentime to achieve a less rushed developement.
Oct 3, 2021 10:37 AM

Feb 2015
I really think this show would have benefited from being 24 episodes. It would have felt more of an expansive adventure. It would also mean they would not have needed the info dump this episode. Lots to take in this week as we rush towards the end and still the mystery of who Fena really is.
Oct 3, 2021 11:22 AM

Apr 2018
The final part of ''Eden'' is close. They unraveled the mystery behind it and this is going to end pretty soon. The pacing was pretty good and Albes' backstory was done well. I understand know why he has such a kink on Helena lol.

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
Oct 3, 2021 12:14 PM

Jul 2019
What I'm curious is why Abel said he is a prince, but he can't ever be a king?
Why Helena agreed to have the king's baby just because "La Pucelle", just to run away from the king later on? It almost felt like Helena just had Fena because of that reason... Also, the man we saw with Helena when she was younger and pregnant looked a LOT OF like Yukihisa Sanada when younger...(Or, was it, Franz?) Anyway, why Franz kept lying to Fena she is Houtman when she apparently isn't? Unless I got something wrong? But I thought the 'king' was Albel's father? Also, Helena said before she was executed she would go to 'Eden'... Erm, yet all characters are talking about Eden like it was someplace? But the implications clearly hint Eden is (like in most cases) place after death, so...does that mean for Fena and others to get Eden they've to die? Or, is Eden some spiritual world? This is highly concerning...
Other places where to find me:

☆ AO3/FF/tumblr/YouTube: Tuliharja
☆ Pixiv: Tuliharja/72847426
☆ DA: Tuliharja-art
☆ Instagram: tuliharja_art
Oct 3, 2021 5:43 PM

Mar 2012
PecoTheHero said:
Not a fan of the writing tbh. Don't think that much has really happened in 9 episodes. Hard to ignore while watching.
nothing has happened? What??
Oct 3, 2021 6:06 PM

Jun 2020
SparkleDuck said:
PecoTheHero said:
nothing has happened? What??

Yes I think Episode 8 is a perfect example of this. I don't think it's been all that engaging or interesting besides a few episodes or moments and even then they've been 'ok/pretty good'.
Oct 3, 2021 7:08 PM
Sep 2013
Can someone please explain to me? I am very confuse for this part.

Helena said abel is the only person that she ever loved in the world (timestamp 10:53). Then what is Franz role to Helena?
Oct 3, 2021 9:14 PM
Oct 2019
"virgin virus"? haha
Oct 3, 2021 9:57 PM

May 2021
The animation and artistic sense of the Abel backstory was glorious, it was wonderful to see how they provided such dreamy landscape and it used quite well his vision integrated with the environment, and finally the music created just some captivating experience.
I don't really like how they solved the "mystery", it felt forced as fuck, like in minutes we got from Fena singing a song , to the guy remembering the lyrics, to him bringing up they are non sense (Which clearly are not, but wil give him the benefit of doubt), to them solving the puzzle, to them resolving the puzzle and bringing the answer. Seems kind of rushed, but whatevs

Oct 3, 2021 11:40 PM

Sep 2015
I think Fena writing down the location number and cardinal points will become a huge mistake later on, for the enemies to find out.

Not sure how Abel and this red haired Woman would intervene or find out about where Eden would be.
August 6th 2023: Biggest upset ever, deception, selfishness, or scammed, manipulated. Heavy damage costs, and more. Days since: 15 Last updated: 8/21/2023

One Piece Episode 1041 & 1042 & 1047 & 1048 & 95.75%/1049 & 1053 were a mistake and Uta brought the salvation -AhriTheS3xyFox

Oct 4, 2021 9:39 PM

Oct 2008
a code breaking/deciphering episode huh...not bad but i got all sleepy...
3/5.

Oct 5, 2021 5:26 AM

Jun 2016
damnn , fena moms so pretty and beautiful !! but sadly she must die like that !!
Oct 5, 2021 10:24 AM

Apr 2020
I've seen Indiana Jones and Uncharted, I know how this song and dance goes. Eden's gonna be cursed as f*ck! This ep was ART, so beautiful...

Oct 5, 2021 11:01 AM
Nov 2020
Best romance this season askdksosmcbauajzgx
Oct 5, 2021 11:01 AM
Nov 2020
Best romance this season askdksosmcbauajzgx
Oct 6, 2021 9:26 PM

Dec 2016
Now I feel bad for Abel. He had some traumatic past...

To think your love interest had a child with your father because of some La Pucelle, then seeing her burn to death in front of your eyes...that's messed up. Now Abel having a twisted personality is understandable. Now it makes me wonder if Abel is somehow disgusted of Fena because of the King or did Abel attack Hope 10 years ago because Helena eloped with Franz even though she said she loved him.

Abel is actually Fena's brother. No wonder they looked similar. But after some thought, even Helena and Abel looks similar. By any chance, is the past more messed up than it already is...

I'm kinda confused about this Eden. The way Helena said it, considering what happened to her it makes it look like Eden is a place of afterlife.
Oct 8, 2021 3:17 AM

Feb 2017
deg said:
damn how old is Abel then right now? lol he should have been an grandpa age already

Helena said the only one that she truly love is Abel though so what a tragic romance between them

now Fena and the group knows the coordinates of Eden lets find out whats inside it

He should be in mid to late 30s I think. He is around same age as Helena who most probably gave birth to Fena in her early 20s or late teens. Fena is now 15-16 years old or so.
Oct 8, 2021 9:49 PM

Apr 2018
Damn even if I had all the clues in front of me I wouldn't have pieced all of that together but nonetheless it was a great episode.
Oct 9, 2021 10:57 AM

May 2015
And there we go. Another part checked.
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Oct 10, 2021 11:47 AM

Jan 2009
Tsarko said:
deg said:

He should be in mid to late 30s I think. He is around same age as Helena who most probably gave birth to Fena in her early 20s or late teens. Fena is now 15-16 years old or so.

oh ok im bad at math so thanks for that
Oct 10, 2021 12:16 PM

Jul 2014
they sure figured out everything quickly wow math works wonders or whatever the hell :O

coming soon
Oct 11, 2021 8:36 AM

Jan 2013
Fena might be Abel's daughter?! What a plottwist!
Why did the burn Helena? I'm pretty sure that's not how they punished unfaithful wives in England. Plus her marrying the king meant that she was nobility - no freaking way she would get punished with a death sentence.

Anyway, the episode was pretty - great colour and music use.
Oct 11, 2021 11:26 AM

Nov 2014
Abel's story was great. He was interesting character before that, but it adds a nice layer to his personality. I love antagonists like him.
That song tho... It feels like they jumped to conclusions, and a lot. It obviously will work for story reasons, but it's way too random for me.
Oct 13, 2021 1:37 PM
Jan 2017
I was originally convinced that Abel was Fena's father but I guess them being siblings explains the similarity!
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kaizoku Oujo Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KANLen09 - Aug 14, 2021

85 by Talamare »»
Jun 1, 9:20 AM

Poll: » Kaizoku Oujo Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

LastLuminescence - Oct 23, 2021

154 by Loborb »»
May 19, 9:51 AM

Poll: » Kaizoku Oujo Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KANLen09 - Aug 28, 2021

55 by PatrickJaneFan »»
Jan 15, 12:59 PM

Poll: » Kaizoku Oujo Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

MadanielFL - Sep 18, 2021

63 by nameofuser_ »»
Mar 14, 2023 8:24 PM

Poll: » Kaizoku Oujo Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KANLen09 - Oct 16, 2021

87 by Beqkixbecca »»
Jan 5, 2023 8:56 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.