Forum Settings
Forums

I used MAL stats to measure the Top 150 most likeable characters of all time

New
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Sep 7, 2021 7:15 AM

Jul 2019
Danny2521 said:
Gintoki definitely deserves the number 1 spot and very happy to see Joe this high. However, I dislike how characters like Izaya and Asuka are on the list.

Surprisingly all the classic tsunderes like Asuka, Taiga and Rin Tohsaka ranked very low while a lot of morally gray/dark characters unexpectedly ranked high.

Also the top 25 being dominated by badass characters makes it funny to see Watashi, Konata, Akari and Holo just chilling next to them lol
Sep 7, 2021 7:25 AM

Jul 2019
Jim_Heart said:
Good work.
But if you ignore side characters, then what you calculated are better called as "Top 150 most likeable main characters of all time".

Yes that's more accurate. Although I only decided to delete the side characters after realizing they were ranking very badly (I was including them at first). Most of them didn't make it to the top 500 so I thought it would be unfair to keep comparing them with main characters.

I thought of adding a second multiplier for secondary characters but in the end I couldn't justify it. Any number I chose seemed arbitrary and gave weird results. But at least rest assured that the secondary characters capable of getting to the top 200 (like Rem, Itachi, Kurumi and Hisoka) were only a few.
RojasebSep 7, 2021 7:32 AM
Sep 7, 2021 8:06 AM

Jul 2019
Adampk said:

chinese titles in the list clearly feel aimed at a certain preference

if p is popularity (aka rating) would u call total no of members. how are rating and favorite any different.

what about manga rating?

also runtime...

-The 6 characters from Chinese titles here come from 3 stories by the same author, all critically acclaimed and commercially successful. While the original stories are BL the anime are not. They aren't aimed to a niche audience.

-P is not the rating it is the number of watchers that gave a rating. The "members" number can't be used because it includes "plan to watch" which are not watchers.

-Manga readers were only included for a handful of stories where the manga was very popular or equally popular as the anime (Berserk and Ashita no Joe, for example). What I did in those situations was to take half of the manga readers and add it to the anime watchers. However the big majority of anime had manga that was only 5-20% as popular as their anime, and when I tried to combine the popularity of both, it didn't make any difference for the ranking, so then I decided to omit that step and only do it for the rare manga that had comparable popularity to their anime.

-As for runtime, I counted every 20 minutes as 1 episode. I did this for long OVAs and movies, and series with abnormal runtime like Hellisng. I did this for every anime, since it only took a couple seconds to make sure.
RojasebSep 7, 2021 10:02 AM
Sep 7, 2021 12:54 PM

Feb 2020
Rojaseb said:
Adampk said:

chinese titles in the list clearly feel aimed at a certain preference

if p is popularity (aka rating) would u call total no of members. how are rating and favorite any different.

what about manga rating?

also runtime...

-The 6 characters from Chinese titles here come from 3 stories by the same author, all critically acclaimed and commercially successful. While the original stories are BL the anime are not. They aren't aimed to a niche audience.

-P is not the rating it is the number of watchers that gave a rating. The "members" number can't be used because it includes "plan to watch" which are not watchers.

-Manga readers were only included for a handful of stories where the manga was very popular or equally popular as the anime (Berserk and Ashita no Joe, for example). What I did in those situations was to take half of the manga readers and add it to the anime watchers. However the big majority of anime had manga that was only 5-20% as popular as their anime, and when I tried to combine the popularity of both, it didn't make any difference for the ranking, so then I decided omitted that step and only do it for the rare manga that had comparable popularity to their anime.

-As for runtime, I counted every 20 minutes as 1 episode. I did this for long OVAs and movies, and series with abnormal runtime like Hellisng. I did this for every anime, since it only took a couple seconds to make sure.

ok, so the p is no of members voted. it makes more sense but still there is a lot of problem in u equation

-other 2 is still understandable. but there are way better chinese show than scumbag system.
also big problem with ur formula is U use "character's favorite". chinese title like A mortals journey or snow eagle lord or swallowed star doesnt even have a character to begin with and even the one's which have, doesnt even have proper photo or other main character or they are not linked to anime page etc. at this point u can say mal moderation directly proportional to character favorite for chinesse title.
also u literally said it all those chinese character in u list has such a high favorite exactly are from same author and bl. thats a huge coincidence right there. Isn't it? I think not.
also "original stories are BL the anime are not" => lol...censorship doesnt mean its not bl

- do u know plan to watch people or not watched people can put favorites without marking the series complete or rating?
aka P and F two most major variable of ur equation is not representing the same base population

-u equation relies on the basis that with increase in members of anime, character favorites should also increase.
probably a example will make it more clear
click link has P= 24815 and f = 477
Mo Dao Zu Shi has P=49903 and f =3198
know here is the game change thing clicks links anime favorite 3194 and Mo Dao Zu Shi has 4682 (even if I count all entries favorites together its 6080)
477 to 3198 (aka character favorite) or 3194 to 6080 (aka anime favorite). the difference is day and night, which is more accurate comparison do u think?

hell...click link is super popular based of P but still it suffers like heavy when it comes to character favorite.

-also I highly doubt ur calculation
Kyou souma from fruit basket is not there in ur list, I am 100% sure he comes ahead of reki from Haibane Renmei.

kyo souma
(11537 × (1.50 - (((63 - 100) × 0.01) / 2))) / 242654 =0.0943
reki
(1891x(2-(13×0.01)))/82915=0.0426

I see a huge difference for someone who didn't even make to the list.

so I dont even know what to say anymore
AdampkSep 7, 2021 1:40 PM
Click for a anime mashup!
BIO
Still not gone bandwagon u, keep crying. Here u are welcome to CRINGE at my EXISTENCE

Sep 7, 2021 2:02 PM

Jul 2019
@adampk I will answer here because the quote is getting too big

- Kyou has two anime, the 2001 and the 2019 versions. I took the 2019 version then added half of the 2001's version watchers, and of course added all episodes, giving a total of 89. I originally believed Kyou and Tohru would rank highly, but once you factor in the fact that they were once mainstream characters in MAL, then they don't actually have as many favorites as they should to rank highly. The Fruba manga was #4 on MAL when the site was created and the anime had a comparable popularity. Before the new anime aired in 2019, all Fruba characters already had many favorites, so we can't disregard the OG watchers. Both anime have almost the exact same popularity.

- As for your Link Click vs MDZS comment, I feel like you just didn't like the results because of your personal preferences, so I can't comment anything on that. This is not a quality ranking, so you can't be disappointed at what people liked or didn't like, it's not worth it to get annoyed at something like that. And like I said, these 3 donghua from the same author are beloved, it's not a coincidence that all 6 protagonists ranked highly in a likeability ranking, she wrote all of them to be likeable, otherwise her novels wouldn't be selling so hard on Amazon right now. The protagonists and antagonists of her stories are arguably their biggest strength, so these results are not surprising to me at all.

- I also noticed the missing characters from some donghua, but there's nothing I can do about that, and we can't assume they would all rank highly if they existed in the database.

- As for your last comment about watchers adding characters to favorites without adding the show to favorites, I doubt that happens. Those people should be in the minority, if it even happens at all. It makes no sense that they would care so much about the character to add it to their list but wouldn't care to add the anime.
RojasebSep 7, 2021 2:10 PM
Sep 7, 2021 2:12 PM

May 2021
Just curiosity. Lets say that a character is a main character in one season, but then a supporting character in another season, how did you deal with the bonus in such cases? And when you mean number of watchers I guess that you mean number of completed, right? I think that the main problem of your index is that it treats an anime as single entity instead of taking into account the ramifications that it could potentially have, treating the root of popularity arbitrarily. Well it is almost certainly impossible to not have a bias so I dont care, I liked the insight

Sep 7, 2021 2:33 PM

Jul 2019
Gween_Gween said:
Just curiosity. Lets say that a character is a main character in one season, but then a supporting character in another season, how did you deal with the bonus in such cases? And when you mean number of watchers I guess that you mean number of completed, right? I think that the main problem of your index is that it treats an anime as single entity instead of taking into account the ramifications that it could potentially have, treating the root of popularity arbitrarily. Well it is almost certainly impossible to not have a bias so I dont care, I liked the insight

- I used the source material for character's roles, either LN or manga. I only made an exception for Levi, because he's obviously a main character, at least from the perspective of this ranking, yet he is listed as supporting in the manga. For anime originals that had a character as supporting and then they promoted them to main, I treated them as main. So generally speaking, if they were ever a main character for a big part of the story, then I treated them as main for this ranking. Believe or not I was careful about this, particularly for the anime that I hadn't watched.

- As for your second point, I did not use completed watchers, because MAL divides anime as entries instead of a single unit, so completing entries doesn't always mean completing the anime. I used the # of watchers that have given a rating to the anime (this number is found next to the ××/10 score). These ratings only appear if the account is real and if the person has watched at least 1/5 of the episodes shown in the entry, which MAL believes is enough for their opinion to become "valid". Regardless of whether it is or not, it's enough to measure popularity, from people who have indeed watched the anime enough to care about giving it a rating. The anime with longer entries have an advantage because of this issue. Fortunately, there were only 15 of such long anime that had characters ranked in the top 350. So even if it affected their results, it wouldn't fuck up the order of the ranking, because they were only a handful of characters. Surprisingly, most main characters from long anime are not very liked.
Sep 7, 2021 3:08 PM

Feb 2020
@Rojaseb
so are ur saying u did that for hxh too?
tbh it a huge handicap for remake. I makes no sense to use half extra users for same exact story. ur logic is to increase in episode should make people attached to character. that literally wont happen in remake. its same exact story what’s the point.
also this
https://web.archive.org/web/20150331145855/https://myanimelist.net/character/209/Kyou_Souma

(7893× (1.50 - (((63 - 100) × 0.01) / 2))) / 237,721 =0.0559

by removing all the previous favorite I am removing manga own favorite too. but still it comes above reki from Haibane Renmei

yep, handicap is obviously too much

- I have not watched click link and my favorite chinese title is douluo dalu. so clearly I am not putting any sort of personal basis there. it am just showing u how inaccurate character favorite can be.
( probably for i am showing bais for scumbag system.but scumbag system has animation quality is bad even for cgi regardless of what I think about the story. it was not very well recieved in chinese site either
https://movie.douban.com/subject/27015853/
any if anything reviews are full of source material readers. but still u can consider that my bais. but regardless the above point stands character favorites are super unreliable in case of chinese titles)

EDIT - the comment was not about Link Click vs MDZS, I just used MDZS as random anime from ur list to compare. the comment was about click link anime favorite vs click link character favorite. I think u didn't get the point there

-there are lot of mal users who doesnt like rating any anime but still uses favorite or use rating but not use favorites. I dont think they are minority overall. but well I dont there is easy way to confirm either possibilities
AdampkSep 7, 2021 3:56 PM
Click for a anime mashup!
BIO
Still not gone bandwagon u, keep crying. Here u are welcome to CRINGE at my EXISTENCE

Sep 7, 2021 3:08 PM

May 2021
Cool list, there's lots of my fav characters in it
Only character in there that i don't like is Light

Now i want to know who the top 150 most unlikeble characters are :D
Sep 7, 2021 3:13 PM

May 2021
Rojaseb said:
Gween_Gween said:

Yeah I was more or less interesed in how did you treat as an example Hitagi from Monogatari, since she changes from main to support in the entries. Then, would you count the episodes in the seasons that she is support towards the bonus or just the ones that she is main?

Sep 7, 2021 3:29 PM

Jul 2019
Gween_Gween said:

Yeah I was more or less interesed in how did you treat as an example Hitagi from Monogatari, since she changes from main to support in the entries. Then, would you count the episodes in the seasons that she is support towards the bonus or just the ones that she is main?

I treated her as main and gave her the same episode count as Araragi and Shinobu. Kurapika from HxH and Sasuke from Naruto aren't shown in over half of the story but they remain as core characters of the story. So even if Hitagi goes back an forth, a lot of Monogatari is built around her, so I can't give her a special treatment because of the unconventional format of the story.

I kept it fair by treating all characters the same, however I agree that it can work against some of them. As for Hitagi, I don't think it worked against her much. She is after all the most liked character of the story, and the main reason why she doesn't rank higher is because she has to share the spotlight with a myriad of great characters.
Sep 7, 2021 3:33 PM

Jul 2019
DigiCat said:

Lmao that list would be so wild. But I don't think it's possible to make it because you can't know if they aren't liked or if they just don't have a lot of favorites because they don't have a big role in the story, even if the characters themselves are liked.

I think we can definitely create a list of the most liked and most disliked protagonists though. Because protagonists can definitely be compared to each other without any issues.
Sep 7, 2021 3:41 PM

May 2021
Rojaseb said:
Gween_Gween said:

I treated her as main and gave her the same episode count as Araragi and Shinobu. Kurapika from HxH and Sasuke from Naruto aren't shown in over half of the story but they remain as core characters of the story. So even if Hitagi goes back an forth, a lot of Monogatari is built around her, so I can't give her a special treatment because of the unconventional format of the story.

I kept it fair by treating all characters the same, however I agree that it can work against some of them. As for Hitagi, I don't think it worked against her much. She is after all the most liked character of the story, and the main reason why she doesn't rank higher is because she has to share the spotlight with a myriad of great characters.

Yeah I dont think it works against her just was curious about it. In the same sense, does the bonus works linearly? Or is it more like a exponentially decaying one?

Sep 7, 2021 3:56 PM

Jul 2019
Gween_Gween said:
Rojaseb said:

Yeah I dont think it works against her just was curious about it. In the same sense, does the bonus works linearly? Or is it more like a exponentially decaying one?

Basically linear. To put it simply, if the anime is up to 50 episodes, then the bonus goes down from 2 to 1.5, 0.01 per episode. If the anime is from 51-100 episodes, then the bonus goes down to 1.25. And if the anime is from 101-200 episodes, then bonus goes down to 1.01

So it drops slightly per episode. I have the Monogatari characters listed as 104 episodes and a bonus of x1.24

I counted the movies as 10 episodes and counted Koyomi as 6 episodes.
Sep 7, 2021 4:03 PM

May 2021
Rojaseb said:
Gween_Gween said:

Basically linear. To put it simply, if the anime is up to 50 episodes, then the bonus goes down from 2 to 1.5, 0.01 per episode. If the anime is from 51-100 episodes, then the bonus goes down to 1.25. And if the anime is from 101-200 episodes, then bonus goes down to 1.01

So it drops slightly per episode. I have the Monogatari characters listed as 104 episodes and a bonus of x1.24

Yeah that is more like a linearly interpolated exponential decay which is a nice fit for consistency in my opinion

Sep 7, 2021 4:14 PM

May 2021
Rojaseb said:
DigiCat said:

Lmao that list would be so wild. But I don't think it's possible to make it because you can't know if they aren't liked or if they just don't have a lot of favorites because they don't have a big role in the story, even if the characters themselves are liked.

I think we can definitely create a list of the most liked and most disliked protagonists though. Because protagonists can definitely be compared to each other without any issues.

Yeah, that would be great! 😁😁😁
Sep 7, 2021 4:16 PM

Jul 2012
Gintoki at #1 was to be expected. Most people that finishes the show gets very attached to him (he's my favorite character ever actually).
Mutta from Space Brothers was a nice surprise, tho! I love him cause I relate to him a lot!

It was really surprising, however, not finding any JoJo character in the list. Especially Joseph, cause I see him in Favorites all the time lol

But anyway, this was actually very interesting to see!
Sep 7, 2021 4:23 PM

Jul 2019
Gween_Gween said:
Rojaseb said:

Yeah that is more like a linearly interpolated exponential decay which is a nice fit for consistency in my opinion

Oh and since you're a fan of the story, I wanted to mention it to someone that Monogatari was (most likely) the most balanced story in terms of the distribution of favorites. If we count how many favorites all the characters received, and contrast that 1) number of characters and 2) popularity of the anime, I'm pretty sure Monogatari would rank near the top. The characters got a lot of love. It is also the only anime with 3 characters in the top 100.
Sep 7, 2021 4:30 PM

Jul 2019
HikariShoumeiron said:
It was really surprising, however, not finding any JoJo character in the list. Especially Joseph, cause I see him in Favorites all the time lol

I was surprised too! I thought they would rank highly, and at first they did, I had over 10 JoJo characters on the initial ranking. But as I kept adding more and more characters, they began to fall out of the top 350, and I started to delete them. The problem is, a lot of JoJo characters have an even distribution of favorites, but generally speaking the JoJo anime get a lot of favorites.

The ones that survived were:

#186 - Joseph
#247 - Kira
#323 - Joutarou

I think the part 6 and 7 will outrank them though, specially the part 7 characters. I would be extremely surprised if Gyro doesn't give Gintoki a run for his money.

(also I love your signature image)
Sep 7, 2021 4:45 PM

Jun 2019
Not even a bit surprised to see Gintoki and Joe at the top of the list

Sep 7, 2021 5:35 PM

May 2021
I am happy to see Phos that high, not surprising, same with the rest of them.
Good work OP

Sep 7, 2021 9:36 PM

Jul 2012
Rojaseb said:
HikariShoumeiron said:

I was surprised too! I thought they would rank highly, and at first they did, I had over 10 JoJo characters on the initial ranking. But as I kept adding more and more characters, they began to fall out of the top 350, and I started to delete them. The problem is, a lot of JoJo characters have an even distribution of favorites, but generally speaking the JoJo anime get a lot of favorites.

The ones that survived were:

#186 - Joseph
#247 - Kira
#323 - Joutarou

I think the part 6 and 7 will outrank them though, specially the part 7 characters. I would be extremely surprised if Gyro doesn't give Gintoki a run for his money.

(also I love your signature image)

Oh man, they are quite low lol but those characters are actually the ones I thought were more popular.

I was thinking the same thing about Gyro. I'm sure once part 7 gets animated (hopefully we'll live to see that lmao) Gyro will take the ranking by storm.

And thanks! :)
Sep 7, 2021 9:50 PM

Feb 2020
I can't call my self a Math student anymore........wtf......My Brain's understanding capacity is low.....
But Great Job making the List.....I can see the hardwork you put there
Sep 7, 2021 9:58 PM

Mar 2018
This is a better list than Top 150 characters in terms of "great/well written characters appreciation list"!! Great job!!
Sep 7, 2021 10:10 PM

Oct 2020
This list makes me happy :)

Akari, Phos, Gintoki, Joe, Yang Wen-li, Gahara, Utena, Nana are all among my top ten favorite characters. There also other great ones like Motoko, Sakuragi, Oscar, Natsume, Reinhard, Araragi, Ginko, Johan, Okabe, and Onizuka. The only ones missing are Yotsuba and Hotori ;(

Good job OP!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 7, 2021 10:15 PM

Dec 2020
gintama rocks everywhere

nice list you made my guy
Sep 7, 2021 10:16 PM

Jul 2019
Damn I thought Joe would be 1st considering how little members the anime has.
Sep 7, 2021 11:56 PM

Aug 2020
Nice, thanks for putting in the work to make this

「 𝕂𝕖𝕪 𝕥𝕙𝕒𝕥 𝕙𝕚𝕕𝕖𝕤 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕗𝕠𝕣𝕔𝕖𝕤 𝕠𝕗 𝕕𝕒𝕣𝕜𝕟𝕖𝕤𝕤, 𝕤𝕙𝕠𝕨 𝕞𝕖 𝕪𝕠𝕦𝕣 𝕥𝕣𝕦𝕖 𝕗𝕠𝕣𝕞 」

Sep 8, 2021 1:38 AM

Nov 2019
Thanks for this amazing list OP~! ^^

I have a question though, does Moriarty refer to William James Moriarty in the list, or is it one of the others (there are the 3 Moriarty brothers in the show)
Sep 8, 2021 1:53 AM

Nov 2020
BigMac7 said:
Boobsftw said:
L should be higher, dude is literally unhateable
Yes, but Light fanboys hate him.

30characterlimit

I am Light fan I don’t hate him
Aren’t L fans the ones who can’t stand Light 🤷‍♂️
P.S I am glad to see Hachiman that high
SpoidermoneySep 8, 2021 1:56 AM
Sep 8, 2021 1:54 AM

Jan 2021
Hey this is good, I’m not surprised with Gintoki being top 1 since I always see him on people’s favorite chars

I hope no one I know irl sees my secret account~

Anyways, do I look cute in this outfit?~

Sep 8, 2021 2:02 AM

Feb 2014
props for the hard work! was super interesting to look at
Sep 8, 2021 2:04 AM

Oct 2018
Being Gintoki in #1, makes him pick his booger and shove into others' face.

“Once you've been loved once and have loved once, you cannot forget it.”
― Natsume Takashi
Sep 8, 2021 2:37 AM
Mar 2021
FarhanLakho1 said:
BigMac7 said:
Yes, but Light fanboys hate him.

30characterlimit

I am Light fan I don’t hate him
Aren’t L fans the ones who can’t stand Light 🤷‍♂️

By fanboys I meant like die hard ones, I too used to be a light fan but didn't hate L. Although later i switched over to L, I still like Light he's one of my fav protagonists.
Sep 8, 2021 2:40 AM

Jul 2019
tappdancing786 said:
Thanks for this amazing list OP~! ^^

I have a question though, does Moriarty refer to William James Moriarty in the list, or is it one of the others (there are the 3 Moriarty brothers in the show)

The protagonist yes lol. I was excited to find him so high but I wasn't surprised, he really commanded the story.
Sep 8, 2021 2:48 AM
Mar 2016
The fact the Suwa from Orange is not in makes me question this list.

Probably one of the best friends/ genuinely good person in anime.
Sep 8, 2021 2:53 AM

Jan 2021
We should replace my anime list character favorites with your list. Also is there any more to this list and could u show it I'm interested
Perfect_usernameSep 8, 2021 2:56 AM
Sep 8, 2021 2:55 AM

Jul 2019
d_agra said:

He's the most liked character of the anime but he has a low amount of favs for how popular the anime is. I don't believe nice guys ranked high on this list at all. Nice girls certainly did, but for guys to rank high they had to be some form of badass or genius.
Sep 8, 2021 3:03 AM

Jul 2019
Fernando10095 said:
We should replace my anime list character favorites with your list. Aldo is there any more to this list and could u show it I'm interested

It goes all the way down to 350 characters but after a while characters begin to have the exact same "likeability percentage" very often. So they become tied, sharing the same place in the rank, and it makes the ranking less fun, because there can be a lot of characters sharing the same place.

It's to be expected because of how many characters we're talking about here, but yeah, I thought it wouldn't be as interesting to post the whole list, since the constant ties kinda ruin the "competition" factor of the rank.
Sep 8, 2021 3:06 AM
Mar 2016
Rojaseb said:
d_agra said:

He's the most liked character of the anime but he has a low amount of favs for how popular the anime is. I don't believe nice guys ranked high on this list at all. Nice girls certainly did, but for guys to rank high they had to be some form of badass or genius.

Yeah I figured as much, just salty that such a bro is not even in the list.

Sep 8, 2021 4:25 AM

Sep 2008
this list proves how big the newcomer influx is. the list isn't wrong, just extremely skewed by nuanimeitis.
馬鹿げた倫理 全部ガラクタで
Sep 8, 2021 4:47 AM

Mar 2016
Come on GOATOKI, also Johan less than Dazai please say sike.

just wanna feel wanted by someone other than the police 😫
Sep 8, 2021 5:14 AM

Aug 2020
I have seen gintoki at first that's enough for me .
Gintoki is GOAT.
Sep 8, 2021 5:17 AM

Aug 2020
Surprisingly there is not a single rezero character in this list man.
Sep 8, 2021 5:51 AM

Jul 2019
Lavi_kun said:

Emilia is rank #272 while Subaru was deleted because he ranked below the #350

Rem wasn't included because she's a support character, but her rank is #84, one of the highest placements for support characters
Sep 8, 2021 6:05 AM

Nov 2020
This is amazing! If there was an option to like a post, I sure would.
Gintoki, Joe, Guts and Lelouch being at the top is consistent with what I often hear on anime related forums and discord servers
Sep 8, 2021 6:14 AM

Aug 2020
Rojaseb said:
Lavi_kun said:

Rem wasn't included because she's a support character, but her rank is #84, one of the highest placements for support characters

Wow people sure hate Subaru while liking eren for being badass .
Well I can understand why Rem was up there because that confession episodes ,really rezero needs a strong fanbase which understand the series .
Sep 8, 2021 6:30 AM

Jul 2019
Lavi_kun said:
Rojaseb said:

Wow people sure hate Subaru while liking eren for being badass .
Well I can understand why Rem was up there because that confession episodes ,really rezero needs a strong fanbase which understand the series .

I would say he's not hated at all. I think he was around the 400 placement, which believe it or not is still good. The top 150 characters I posted here aren't just liked, they're adored. So the people below them are liked.

The "disliked" or "hated" characters should be from the #2000 rank and below (I didn't keep track of them because I didn't have any need for that information, but that's a rather close estimate).
Sep 8, 2021 6:51 AM
Apr 2021
Gintoki 1 fills my soul
What surprises me the most is to see Senjougahara as the most beloved in Monogatari, especially since she doesn't get too much screen time compared to shinobu and araragi.
Sep 8, 2021 7:11 AM

Jul 2019
d_agra said:
Rojaseb said:

Yeah I figured as much, just salty that such a bro is not even in the list.

It can also be because of how a lot of people were disappointed by the last few episodes. Very often a character is liked a lot but the anime itself poisons the well, and people decide not to add a character to their favorites because they don't feel attached to the story anymore.

This logic applies to the men in particular, that's why the majority of male characters on the top come from highly rated anime, but there are a lot of female characters from anime rated 7-8.

As much as I tried to create a "perfect" ranking, the reality is this is just an estimate, because there are so many weird variables at play.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

» Anime of the Season

Raajdeep - Yesterday

47 by rohan121 »»
3 minutes ago

» 🎖️Best Protagonist of all time & discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

nirererin - Aug 16

644 by BamDestroyer »»
10 minutes ago

» Anime with least plotholes

JoeChip - Yesterday

31 by TheMechaManiac »»
16 minutes ago

» 🌸Anime Spring 2024 Male Characters Tournament ( 1 2 3 4 )

ISeeLifePeople - Sep 5

153 by SouthRzVa »»
20 minutes ago

» Would you date an anime girl even if she ate her rice grains one at a time?

ItsXolo - 26 minutes ago

1 by Auron_ »»
21 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.