Forum Settings
Forums

'Chainsaw Man' TV Anime Unveils Production Staff

New
Jun 27, 2021 4:28 AM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
The MAPPA Stage 2021: 10th Anniversary event unveiled a teaser promo and the production staff for the television anime adaptation of Tatsuki Fujimoto's Chainsaw Man manga on Sunday.

Staff
Director: Ryuu Nakayama (Jujutsu Kaisen episode director)
Script: Hiroshi Seko (Dorohedoro)
Character Design: Kazutaka Sugiyama (Mushoku Tensei: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu)
Action Director: Tatsuya Yoshihara (Black Clover director)
Chief Director: Makoto Nakazono (SSSS.Gridman episode director)
Devil Design: Kiyotaka Oshiyama (Devilman: Crybaby)
Art Director: Yuusuke Takeda (Vinland Saga)
Color Design: Naomi Nakano (Sword Art Online: Alicization)
Layout Design: Youhei Miyahara (Bounen no Xamdou director of photography)
Music: Kensuke Ushio (Boogiepop wa Warawanai (2019))
Animation Producer: Keisuke Seshita (Jujutsu Kaisen)

Following the conclusion of his Fire Punch manga in Shounen Jump+ in January 2018, Fujimoto launched the horror action manga in Weekly Shounen Jump in December that year. The manga ended with 97 chapters on December 14 last year. Shueisha published the 11th and final volume on March 4. Chainsaw Man has a cumulative 11 million copies of its volumes in print.

Teaser PV

Source: Oricon News
VindstotDec 17, 2021 10:48 PM
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jun 27, 2021 4:30 AM
Nov 2019
Trailer look absolute sick cant w8 for this to drop out.

Jun 27, 2021 4:32 AM

Jan 2009
people are so hype about the pre-animated PV again like Attack on Titan Final Season lol they never learn although this anime got a dedicated Action Animation Director so most battles will be 2D sakuga i bet at least

although that godly shiny compositing will not be like that in the actual TV show

Jun 27, 2021 4:35 AM

Apr 2018
I didn't expect the quality to be this good, well done. (trailer and anime are most of the time different but we'll see ) A lot of great people are working on the anime. Hopefully this becomes a really popular show. (it is hella popular already xd)

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
Jun 27, 2021 4:36 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
PV looks really good, to be honest. Given how many projects they're working on though, it'd be difficult to imagine that we'll be seeing this constant quality throughout. But well, they pulled it off with JJK so you never know.

Good to see Ushio Kensuke-san on board for this!
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Jun 27, 2021 4:37 AM
Jul 2018
this is about to be the best shounen anime ever created
Jun 27, 2021 4:38 AM

Mar 2021
can't wait for the OST by Kensuke Ushio to drop
Jun 27, 2021 4:38 AM

Sep 2019
deg said:
people are so hype about the pre-animated PV again like Attack on Titan Final Season lol they never learn although this anime got a dedicated Action Animation Director so most battles will be 2D sakuga i bet at least
Let the fans be happy with what they got, the pv looks so good. Let’s not jinx it lol
Jun 27, 2021 4:39 AM

Jul 2017
THIS JUST LOOKS DOPE ON ALL LEVELS, and we're not ready for it
Jun 27, 2021 4:39 AM

Nov 2018
Damn, even the staff is stacked.

The trailer looks amazing, and this might end up becoming one of the best shows of 2022.
So I've been banned from MAL-Badges, after spending nearly two years of my time and dedication to helping out, being the club's spokesperson, and planning for the revamp, it all goes down the fucking drain. What a joke the club has become. I advise everyone to stop using the feature and stop showing their support for the site and the club. We were promised that we will see changes come to the site, and nothing's been done for the past year. I doubt the site will be touched for the foreseeable future. If you're angry and annoyed about the lack of development, then good, you should be.
Jun 27, 2021 4:41 AM

Jul 2019
The pv is great, although its pre animated, so the show wont look the same as this. Im not too worried tho, the staff is insane with yoshihara as action AD and ushio in the music. And im also happy they still havent announced the release date, makes me think they wont just release the show early and fuck the entire schedule (although the staff has already said the conditions aint great at all). Either way, this WILL look good.
Jun 27, 2021 4:43 AM

Oct 2019
deg said:

although that godly shiny compositing will not be like that in the actual TV show

AoT fans always thinking that all tráilers are pre-animated lol, just accept that Mappa doesn't care about AoT, it's a secondary project for them.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 27, 2021 4:44 AM

Apr 2021
this trailer looks so fucking good wtf
Jun 27, 2021 4:45 AM
Nov 2020
LESGO KENSUKE. So happy he's be gonna composing the score. Hype level just jumped through the goddamn roof.
Jun 27, 2021 4:48 AM

Jan 2009
Azmarath said:
deg said:

AoT fans always thinking that all tráilers are pre-animated lol, just accept that Mappa doesn't care about AoT, it's a secondary project for them.

i read the manga of Chainsaw Man and a lot of the stuff there did not happen EXACTLY like the beach scene and slice of life scenes so yes its pre-animated PV
Jun 27, 2021 4:48 AM
Feb 2021
DatRandomDude said:
The MAPPA Stage 2021: 10th Anniversary event unveiled a teaser promo and the production staff for the television anime adaptation of Tatsuki Fujimoto's Chainsaw Man manga on Sunday.

Staff
Chief Director: Makoto Nakazono (SSSS.Gridman episode director)
Director: Ryuu Nakayama (Jujutsu Kaisen episode director)
Script: Hiroshi Seko (Dorohedoro)
Character Design: Kazutaka Sugiyama (Mushoku Tensei: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu)
Action Director: Tatsuya Yoshihara (Black Clover director)
Devil Design: Kiyotaka Oshiyama (Devilman: Crybaby)
Art Director: Yuusuke Takeda (Vinland Saga)
Color Design: Naomi Nakano (Sword Art Online: Alicization)
Layout Design: Youhei Miyahara (Bounen no Xamdou director of photography)
Music: Kensuke Ushio (Boogiepop wa Warawanai (2019))
Animation Producer: Keisuke Seshita (Jujutsu Kaisen)

Following the conclusion of his Fire Punch manga in Shounen Jump+ in January 2018, Fujimoto launched the horror action manga in Weekly Shounen Jump in December that year. The manga ended with 97 chapters on December 14 last year. Shueisha published the 11th and final volume on March 4. Chainsaw Man has a cumulative 11 million copies of its volumes in print.

Teaser PV

Source: Oricon News

You can the trailer was pre animated by how bright it is, no way they’re airing something that over saturated, still hyped tho and it will still be great
Jun 27, 2021 4:50 AM

Sep 2020
Azmarath said:
deg said:

Why are you getting triggered, We know that mappa don't care about AOT .
Jun 27, 2021 4:51 AM
Hello World!:))

Oct 2015
This gonna be huuuuuuge
"I'll be done soon. If you wait nicely, I'll buy you some sweetbread." said Lawrence.

- I'll thank you not to treat me like a child.

"Oh, you don't want any?"

- I do.

Jun 27, 2021 4:52 AM

Sep 2020
deg said:
Azmarath said:

i read the manga of Chainsaw Man and a lot of the stuff there did not happen EXACTLY like the beach scene and slice of life scenes so yes its pre-animated PV
Yaa it's pre animated by JJK staff .
Jun 27, 2021 4:53 AM

Oct 2017
deg said:

While yeah it is probably pre animated AOT did actually look exactly how it did in the trailer outside of the titans itself (the big issue). Ultimately I doubt all or most of the action sequences will look that good but I think we can expect JJK like quality on it. Even here in the pre animated PV they are using some obvious CG that's not being hidden. Still that is reassuring on it's own. They got a good staff and I don't think they have as bad of a situation with the publisher.
BilboBaggins365Jun 27, 2021 5:00 AM
Jun 27, 2021 4:56 AM

Jan 2009
Zean_9435 said:
deg said:

was it confirmed the JJK staff did the pre-animated PV or its just common sense due to how the PV look like the OP of JJK?
Jun 27, 2021 4:59 AM
Nov 2019
This is not the second coming of Jesus Christ. Stop wetting yourself. Watch the anime first. The trailer was PRE-animated by JJK staff, so not by the same people who will animate the anime.

P. S. Why is there a beach scene? It wasn't there in the Manga, why is it there? There are Denji, Power, and who? Kobeni? She would have no reason to be there,so who is it?
Jun 27, 2021 5:00 AM

Oct 2017
The PV looks lit af.
Jun 27, 2021 5:02 AM
Feb 2020
I know this is pre-animated, but the staff are goddamn insane and I'm more than sure that Tatsuya Yoshihara being the action director will do the anime wonders
Jun 27, 2021 5:06 AM
Jul 2018
Rakeesh said:
This is not the second coming of Jesus Christ. Stop wetting yourself. Watch the anime first. The trailer was PRE-animated by JJK staff, so not by the same people who will animate the anime.

P. S. Why is there a beach scene? It wasn't there in the Manga, why is it there? There are Denji, Power, and who? Kobeni? She would have no reason to be there,so who is it?

>already dropped
>already 1/10

ahahahah cope
it looks good
Jun 27, 2021 5:07 AM

Jun 2014
This trailer was hype af, and it looks like it isn't being censored. From what I've seen from the manga, this needs to be uncensored so I'm glad that's the direction it's going in. Can't wait for this one.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Jan 2009
BilboBaggins365 said:
deg said:

While yeah it is probably pre animated AOT did actually look exactly how it did in the trailer outside of the titans itself (the big issue). Ultimately I doubt all or most of the action sequences will look that good but I think we can expect JJK like quality on it. Even here in the pre animated PV they are using some obvious CG that's not being hidden. Still that is reassuring on it's own. They got a good staff and I don't think they have as bad of a situation with the publisher.

kViN of sakugablog already said there are staff that are complaining already lol so im expecting the production schedule to be tight

this might be a scenario where godly talents will overcompensate for the lack of time
Jul 2018
My hype is real. As a big fan of the manga, this adaptation will be amazingly fantastic. Trailer looks so good!
Jun 27, 2021 5:10 AM

Sep 2020
deg said:
Zean_9435 said:

was it confirmed the JJK staff did the pre-animated PV or its just common sense due to how the PV look like the OP of JJK?
Many Youtuber are saying that this rumour have come from strong source that it is pre animated by JJK staff.
Jun 27, 2021 5:11 AM

Oct 2010
looks good, nothing to complain, the character designs are ok in my view. don't know how much will they adapt.
Jun 27, 2021 5:15 AM
Nov 2019
-II said:
Rakeesh said:

>already dropped
>already 1/10

ahahahah cope
it looks good

Ah yes. The guy who thinks Sangatsu no lion is a 7/10 and Berserk is a 6/10 is telling me I have no taste. Oh wow
I love hypebeasts. Stay mad
Jun 27, 2021 5:18 AM
Apr 2016
From the teaser video it looks like another "Jujutsu Kaisen" with "No guns life" protagonist...

Not sure about this one
Jun 27, 2021 5:19 AM

Oct 2017
deg said:
BilboBaggins365 said:

kViN of sakugablog already said there are staff that are complaining already lol so im expecting the production schedule to be tight

this might be a scenario where godly talents will overcompensate for the lack of time

Yeah I guess that's just the state of MAPPA shows these days. He did say in that tweet (I also do follow him on twitter) they might be prioritizing CSM too but kinda unfortunate that the situation couldn't be better. MAPPA obviously has a lot of talent and it could be even better used if things were spaced out better.

Though while the animators struggle they probably will deliver a good final product I am just happy it's not going to be full CG. It's kinda the same situation I was in with WIT you love their products but it's hard to sign off on their practices.
Jun 27, 2021 5:26 AM
Aug 2018
trailer looks great

oh my god makima looking hot asf

Jun 27, 2021 5:29 AM

Jan 2009
Zean_9435 said:
deg said:

Many Youtuber are saying that this rumour have come from strong source that it is pre animated by JJK staff.

KViN said its not the JJK team but the same team that will do the actual TV show so thats good news
source https://twitter.com/Yuyucow/status/1409124308845318146
Jun 27, 2021 5:34 AM

Sep 2020
deg said:
Zean_9435 said:

KViN said its not the JJK team but the same team that will do the actual TV show so thats good news
source https://twitter.com/Yuyucow/status/1409124308845318146
Ooo Then it's really good news ! 😁
Jun 27, 2021 6:09 AM

Jul 2019
deg said:

it should be fine either way, p sure aot trailer wasn't as hype as most thought it would be, it wasn't the exact same (I don't think so) but it was pretty much near enough each other.

would laugh if it ended up being bad tho lol.
Jun 27, 2021 6:18 AM
Apr 2014
seems good, still gonna be cautiously optimistic
Jun 27, 2021 6:22 AM

Jun 2020
Kensuke Ushio for the music????? LET'S FUCKING GOOOO
Jun 27, 2021 6:37 AM

Apr 2016
Oh God, another overhyped battle shounen, aren't people tired of this.
Jun 27, 2021 7:00 AM

Jan 2019
> pv looks hella drip
> kensuke ushio for the music

aint nothing finna top THIS FUCKING W LFGGGGGGG

gotta catch up with the manga fs tho lol
Jun 27, 2021 7:09 AM

Apr 2018
Why!?Some of them are not in the database.
ᱨᱚᱡ ᱠᱤᱨᱚᱱ ᱥᱚᱱᱠᱚᱨ : 𑀓𑀸𑀓 𑀘𑁂𑀱𑁆𑀝𑀸, 𑀩𑀓𑁄 𑀥𑁆𑀬𑀸𑀦𑀁, 𑀲𑁆𑀯𑀸𑀦 𑀦𑀺𑀤𑁆𑀭𑀸 𑀢𑀣𑁃𑀯 𑀘 𑁇 𑀅𑀮𑁆𑀧𑀳𑀸𑀭𑀻, 𑀕𑀾𑀳𑀢𑁆𑀬𑀸𑀕𑀻, 𑀯𑀺𑀤𑁆𑀬𑀸𑀭𑁆𑀣𑀻 𑀧𑀁𑀘 𑀮𑀓𑁆𑀱𑀡𑀁 𑁈
𑀥𑀭𑁆𑀫𑁄_𑀭𑀓𑁆𑀱𑀢𑀺_𑀭 𑀓𑁆𑀱𑀺𑀢
Jun 27, 2021 7:15 AM

May 2015
Azmarath said:
deg said:

The show will more than likely not look this good, but go off I guess.

Jun 27, 2021 7:51 AM

Dec 2013
To those saying this is another “generic battle shonen”… you’re off the mark.

A lot of people who read this thought how on earth was this published in Shonen Jump. The fact that it’s moving to Jump+ for part 2 tells you everything. Give it a try. You can just search for some CSM panels on images and see if that’s to your liking.
Jun 27, 2021 7:52 AM

Apr 2012
I don't follow the manga, but judging by the animation, their hopes for an anime adaptation are extremely high.
Jun 27, 2021 8:02 AM

Sep 2020
wow that trailer was amazing!
mappa is god
Jun 27, 2021 8:22 AM
Jul 2018
PV looks damn great. Hopes up for this one. The manga is one hell of a ride.
Jun 27, 2021 8:27 AM

Jun 2020
The animations are great and the production staff looks good too!
I hope for the future...
Jun 27, 2021 8:35 AM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
It's a pre-animated PV, but I'm not too worried. Given the staff's experience with 2D animation and lack of experience with 3DCG, the anime will most likely be mainly hand-drawn like the PV. Yoshihara as the action director is a big, big, big plus.
Jun 27, 2021 11:29 AM

Feb 2021
AWWW YEAHH!! Can't wait to see everything animated!! especially Kobeni's dance and Himeno's kiss :))
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» 'Kakkou no Iinazuke' Gets Second Season in 2025

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

24 by Playcool »»
47 minutes ago

» 'Binan Koukou Chikyuu Bouei-bu' Gets Anime Movie in Winter 2025

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

6 by uutakuubi »»
3 hours ago

» Web Manga 'Niwatori Fighter' Receives Anime Adaptation

DatRandomDude - Jul 25

28 by ryoko6 »»
4 hours ago

» New 'Jigoku Sensei Nube' Anime Project Announced for 2025

DatRandomDude - Jul 20

20 by malvarez1 »»
Yesterday, 9:22 PM

» 'Lycoris Recoil' Gets Short Movies ( 1 2 )

Hyperion_PS - Jul 23

51 by malvarez1 »»
Yesterday, 9:20 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.