Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jun 20, 2021 11:44 PM

Jan 2017
meep

i feel too much. sometimes i think it can get in the way of a lot of things.

i wish i was stoic
Jun 21, 2021 12:17 AM
Jul 2018
to the outside observer i am a cold robot, but inside me there's a fiery storm.
i too am "too sensitive" and it have ruined my life, but also it made it better +_+
Jun 21, 2021 12:53 AM
Cat Hater

Feb 2017
The problem might be in your diet. Patients who consume copious amounts of soy products usually experience such symptoms. It is not something irreversible, however. Just stay plant-free for a month or so, and surrender to your innate carnivorous instincts. You will start feeling much better almost immediately.

You should consult with a medical expert for more information.
Jun 21, 2021 1:22 AM
Jul 2018
@149597871
i don't really eat soy, or any products at all. lol what if my "innate" instincts are of the vegetable kind ?
cannot see myself eating an only meat diet.
i do eat eggs though, and the chickens are maybe being fed soy, but i don't eat much eggs anyhow.
Jun 21, 2021 3:25 AM
Dec 2010
What kind of question is even this? I'm sensitive and emotional too but this question is impossible to answer from a humanistic point-of-view. Unless you want to be delving into details of your life and even then, it might resolve nothing.

And only a fool will believe stoicism helps. You mean that they are trying to make it worse by forcing you to keep all your negative and repressed emotions inside, not allowing you to communicate it. Very thoughtful and helpful of them. They and their arrogance.
Butterfly_WhiteJun 21, 2021 3:29 AM
Jun 21, 2021 6:52 AM

Sep 2017
The question itself is impossible to answer, I doubt anyone on this forum knows you on a personal level so any answer would be made on assumptions. Being emotionally is a good thing compared to being stoic. Being stoic usually leads to anti social behaviors and locked up feelings that will explode all at once.

Jun 21, 2021 7:07 AM

Nov 2017
Internet strangers aren't going to have the answer to this kind of question. This is something you're going to have to look into yourself to understand why. A therapist can also help on the matter
Jun 21, 2021 10:32 AM

May 2021
Well, at some point in time, when you feel too much you will stop feeling anything, you just go numb :)
Jun 21, 2021 11:06 AM

Apr 2019
IceySongstress said:
by forcing you to keep all your negative and repressed emotions inside, not allowing you to communicate it.

Stoicism is far from "repressing emotions" which is what most people think. It's all about understanding yourself and your own emotions.

Normal:
Dude insults you > your self-esteem is hurt > you get mad and frustrated >
because your self-esteem is already low, so you try to protect what little you have > you get even more angry.

Stoic:
Dude insults you > your self-esteem is hurt > you get angry > ask yourself why you're angry > because your self-esteem is hurt >
do their words diminish you as a person? > no > why > because only you can diminish yourself > you laugh at yourself for worrying.

Stoicism is all about understanding that no outside force can shake you, but only your own mind. Not this "repressing" stereotype.

Jun 21, 2021 12:01 PM

Dec 2019
Don't suppress your emotions. I kept everything in for many years to try to prove to myself that I'm a real man and I ended up bawling my eyes out and almost doing something awful in March. It's good to let go of stuff once in a while. Don't worry about being an emotional person, we're human, we all feel emotions, it's natural.
Jun 21, 2021 12:13 PM

Jan 2009
the greatest enemy is yourself (scumbag brain or inner demons)

seek professional help if you cannot take it anymore
Jun 21, 2021 12:14 PM

Feb 2017
Being an emotional person is not a necessarily a bad thing. Emotions can be a wonderful thing. They let you see the world (and of course, anime) in a unique way. Being able to laugh heartily at funny scenes, being able to feel excited at fight scenes and being able to feel sadness at tragic scenes makes your experience of watching the show that much more fulfilling.

Of course too much of something is always bad, but you should not use other people to compare and define what "too much" is for yourself. "Too much" is the level at which your emotions interfere with your daily life to the point that you feel the desperate need to keep them suppressed. And I don't think that is the case for you right now.

Being stoic for the sake of appearing cool and collected is nonsense. Putting up a front is counterproductive anyway unless you are naturally stoic. Even if you are stoic by nature, it makes you hard to read and you have trouble expressing yourself at some important times.
FrozenLichJun 21, 2021 12:18 PM
Best ending line in anime history = "My name is Saiki Kusuo. I am a psychic."
Jun 21, 2021 1:46 PM

Jun 2019
Each of us has different personalities. Some of us feel certain things too deeply, others less so. It's normal, so am I and many others, just like you. If you really want to stop going through these emotions, you can try not to worry about everything that happens around you, stop overthink too often and try to enjoy life through the little things that make you feel happy. Problems will always pass with time.
Jun 22, 2021 2:43 AM

Aug 2015
I have a policy of not commenting on things except via personal experience.

I can only speak of my own experience in dealing with that.

Through Bhuddism, I came to the realization that I was guilty of projecting myself onto other people.

I realize this was a mistake, and that I was only hurting my own self in doing this.

People are like a zodiac of animals. There are stubborn donkeys, greedy pigs, silly monkeys, wise owls, all sorts of animals.

Just accept it.

Then it will not bother you so much.

Peace be to you.
idk about you but the closer a girl gets to looking like ronald mcdonald, the more aroused i become. CAV

where can we cast our eyes to @PoruMairu who thinks of himself a member of the true church. Helion.
Jun 23, 2021 7:45 AM

May 2021
p0ckyy said:
meep

i feel too much. sometimes i think it can get in the way of a lot of things.

i wish i was stoic

I don't know if that is your case, but overabundance of empathy can do that to you. It definitely gets in a way, but I don't think there is any "cure" for it. One way is to try and kill off your feelings and all that, but I'm not so sure how effective it is, in the end, even though it did help me a bit. Kind of like becoming desensitized to almost everything and your emotions can't even get a chance to interfere. It leads to peace, but it's pretty radical. Finding some kind of a balance would the best option, of course, but easier said than done.
Jun 23, 2021 9:21 AM

Dec 2020
well, you Are human, you feel things. maybe a little more than what you see as average but nothing's particularly wrong with that. i dont think you can just suddenly become emotionless, you can't just change it like eating a sandwhich, you can't just add ham for more emotions and remove it when you dont want it. im also pretty emotional and yeah its really annoying sometimes especially when it comes out when you dont want it but i can't do anything abt it so oh well! there'll probably moments where it just takes away a lot of your emotions and there are moments where it adds them, very much unpredictable so i think its better to just accept them
Jun 23, 2021 10:48 AM
Jul 2018
My emotions have become very structured. My day is full of mostly good emotions (because of an SSRI though) but later at night my head goes into horror mode. I feel increased negative thoughts, increased anxiety. Increased headache and agony. When this happens, I just take what medication needs to be taken for sleep, and sleep it off, and then wake up the next morning feel recharged again.
Jun 23, 2021 10:58 AM

Jun 2014
For me, first I figure why I feel a certain way.
Then I ask if the reason justifies the emotion/the degree of that emotion. If not, I ignore the feeling.
If the reason justifies the (degree) of the emotion, then I ask is there a course of action I should take. If there's nothing I can/should do, and the emotion is negative, I also ignore the feeling.
Jun 23, 2021 1:26 PM

Jul 2019
I think it's the hormones.

(Character limit = pain)

-[ ~♫~ ll Credit ]-

More topics from this board

Poll: » Better to spend 30k/$ on a new car or an anime figure?

Dije - May 3, 2023

46 by bucciest »»
1 minute ago

» Cleaning your room hurts the economy

vasipi4946 - May 25

45 by Noboru »»
7 minutes ago

» Are you going to apologize?

LenRea - Mar 25

42 by Noboru »»
18 minutes ago

» Do your dress nice? ( 1 2 )

PopArt - Jul 6, 2023

83 by RudeRedis »»
23 minutes ago

» do you still live with your parents?

FruitPunchBaka - May 29

37 by Noboru »»
25 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.