Forum Settings
Forums
Horimiya
Available on Manga Store
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Feb 9, 2020 7:45 AM
Feb 2020
Well I agree now because in my opinion all I want is to know about hori and Miyamura cuz like they’re the main characters but I feel like the author is just dragging it. I mean it’s not that bad but I’d rather get a heart warming end with them gradutating and Miyamura proposing to hori other than just the author making the story longer. I also felt like telling the author to stop making hori want abuse from Miyamura like f no and I thought hori was a sadist? Also I saw the comment about like hori demanding abuse from Miyamura and like I agree I just felt like their relationship wouldn’t last long like I thought it would. Anyway regardless of how the last 50 chapters were I still like it and I always go back and reread it when I’m bored.
Feb 12, 2020 5:35 AM

Apr 2018
Dropped right after they have sex. I just feel like the story is already completed at that point, so i wont bother to read more, Lol.
Feb 28, 2020 5:49 PM

Feb 2019
I think it’s still pretty good. But, not as good as back then. The story is getting repetitive with a little development now
Mar 2, 2020 2:56 PM
Nov 2015
Hori change for the bad, she is so inmature and violent and its not even funny, i remember akane being mega violent on Ranma yet was funny, but this, here is tasteless, she is plain narcissict at this point, she has to do what she wants all the time or she gets mad, the other dude became a rug that gets nervous Every time her violent gf gets violent , HE is always apologizing even if he did nothing wrong ... Hori acts so bipolar she almost not have any rediming qualities, and the side character developmemt is null too... This manga was SO GOOD AT THE BEGGINING, now not anymore
Mar 3, 2020 3:17 AM
Jun 2009
freizel said:
Hori change for the bad, she is so inmature and violent and its not even funny, i remember akane being mega violent on Ranma yet was funny, but this, here is tasteless, she is plain narcissict at this point, she has to do what she wants all the time or she gets mad, the other dude became a rug that gets nervous Every time her violent gf gets violent , HE is always apologizing even if he did nothing wrong ... Hori acts so bipolar she almost not have any rediming qualities, and the side character developmemt is null too... This manga was SO GOOD AT THE BEGGINING, now not anymore

Haven't read this in 5-6 years. So it turns into domestic violence at some point?
Mar 3, 2020 6:41 PM
Nov 2015
coolxal said:

Haven't read this in 5-6 years. So it turns into domestic violence at some point?

Well, mostly, but not even romance is show, idk why the autor make the leads have sex if not a a single love advance or emotion Will be show after that, they barely do anything cute, is mostly she angry at him foro whatever reason and in chapter 100 (i Guess for celebrate 100ch) they Kiss , and was so out of the blue, i not longer feel butterflies reading this manga ... I really really liked It , like a lot, It still ok my favorites, but now idk, i read It cuz i invest so much time on It to drop It :(
Apr 12, 2020 7:33 PM
Jul 2019
lunarpen said:
Honestly, it started going downhill for me once Hori started demanding abuse from Miyamura. That was the point where I almost started hating their relationship. Imo they've recovered a little by focusing on the side couples but it's kinda hard to read when one half of the relationship is making the other half do things they're uncomfortable with.

i totally understand you, but the thing is i think that was just the jokey part of their relationship, actually then again it’s pretty weird seeing that. idk man its hard to explain
Apr 17, 2020 10:10 AM

Dec 2017
From main duo focus shifted to side characters that are not interesting or deep, and main couple not only does not improve or develop, it feels less and less interesting, like someone tries to milk this manga dry and push as many chapters of diminishing quality as they can just to cut some cash while title lasts. It is not a good way to do things, if you ended it on like chapter 37 - it would be a short yet complete and satisfying story. Right now it feels like a stale bread.
Apr 22, 2020 10:06 AM

Feb 2018
It gets better, more towards a romance SoL with all the characters which is fun
May 2, 2020 10:36 AM

Jul 2012
yea i started disliking this manga after they got together, the newer chapters are so boring lol

slavemaster_1991 said:
From main duo focus shifted to side characters that are not interesting or deep, and main couple not only does not improve or develop, it feels less and less interesting, like someone tries to milk this manga dry and push as many chapters of diminishing quality as they can just to cut some cash while title lasts. It is not a good way to do things, if you ended it on like chapter 37 - it would be a short yet complete and satisfying story. Right now it feels like a stale bread.
pretty much this
it's just being milked rn
May 23, 2020 9:51 AM

Jun 2012
I think from after all the drama ended and it became full comedy, I think it just got boring.
May 31, 2020 7:39 PM
Mar 2020
Honestly I love Hori and Miyamura but their romance is completed. They already confessed. Fucked and kiss. Theres no more development anymore. I actually like Tooru and Yuki more since Yuki so cute. Even though the title is Horimiya, I dont think we should focus on the main 2 character. Other side have pretty side story as well. Sometimes I wish them all will get together like we still havent got Iura and Sawako together yet(poor my lonely Iura) and sakura with Yanagi too need more development

I getting bored of Hori miyamuya romance only. I wished theres more side character development.
Sep 18, 2020 11:35 PM
Apr 2018
mavericko said:
Honestly I love Hori and Miyamura but their romance is completed. They already confessed. Fucked and kiss. Theres no more development anymore. I actually like Tooru and Yuki more since Yuki so cute. Even though the title is Horimiya, I dont think we should focus on the main 2 character. Other side have pretty side story as well. Sometimes I wish them all will get together like we still havent got Iura and Sawako together yet(poor my lonely Iura) and sakura with Yanagi too need more development

I getting bored of Hori miyamuya romance only. I wished theres more side character development.

I hope you don't consider your real relationships 'done' after those 2 steps too, those are literally the beginning of a relationship. :p

___

I think the main issue is simply that the manga did a very hard shift. The first 40-ish chapters or so basically only focusing on building the relationship between them, and all the romantic development... and after that coming to a complete halt and just turning into a romance SoL.Not that that's inherently bad, but personally I simply didn't expect it, and when I was reading it I was not looking for 90% SoL, I was looking for what I got in the first chapters.

(Although in my opinion the SoL aspect is not even a good one, since even those have some kind of progress or minimal drama arcs with a decent resolve in the end. Horimiya however feels for the most part as if it's going further at all.)
Sep 22, 2020 5:44 AM

Jul 2017
It just got stale after it accomplished everything it needed to early on excluding a proper finish/epilogue and has been running on stale content for nearly 80+ chapters now.

I liked that Horimiya took approx 40 chapters to develop the Hori x Miyamura relationship well and I really enjoyed them without stretching it like most other romance manga. But I felt like it needed to have ended around then.

Cause while they didnt stretch the development, they are really really stretching the overall story by focusing too much on sides who arent that captivating or interesting for a story like this. It really lacks the HoriMiya in Horimiya for the past 80 chapters where only minor things happen.

It's not a horrible or even a bad manga, just changes for the worse since it's not been fresh in forever. Anime portion adapted for season 1 would be nice though and I'd probably like the season.
Sep 22, 2020 9:00 PM

Mar 2016
Bruh, like 119 chapters in and practically nothing has truly progressed. Sure, it’s charming and adorable and all but the story has turned to a surplus of stale bread with not much serious tone shifts, if at all.
Dec 29, 2020 6:51 AM
Dec 2020
Yeah, mostly cause further in the manga I really don't like the way Hori is seen to be more violent as the manga progressed.

And all that shit just makes me hate her, along with the way she gets jealous when Miyamura hangs out with anyone, sure it's okay to be jealous but she just does it in a way that just pisses me the fuck off. She does a pretty good job in taking the anger out on her BOYFRIEND .

But other than that, the manga is pretty good I just think that Hori is just to fucking violent for no fucking reason. Miyamura is a champ for dealing with this bullshit.

This is just an opinion but yeah.
Dec 30, 2020 6:37 AM
Jun 2019
It's not get worse it just get boring. If it add more drama like how yanaga fall in love with yukii or miyamura's past it will turn the table
Jan 2, 2021 8:47 PM
Sep 2020
junjune said:
It doesn't gets worse. It just changes. They don't focus on the relationship between Hori and Miyamura so that's why people think it gets worse. Yeah maybe because of Miyamura's hair change but I think it's because it's easier to draw other than adding a ponytail. You can drop it if you want but I think you'll miss a lot of cute moments. Sometimes you can also think it gets worse because your interest fades out.

this this this this this

the manga simply has two phases: one focusing on romance between Hori and Miyamura and one phase which expands the scope to their surrounding characters. Neither is better than the other, it’s just a shift in focus. And i think it’s done well
Jan 3, 2021 2:14 PM
Jan 2021
I think it's a yes. To me it feels like Hori just felt so out of character. She become too violance imo with all the punches and stuff.
Jan 6, 2021 12:45 PM

Nov 2014
Beatstarz said:
The manga strayed from the main focus of the story, which was the relationship between Hori and Miyamura. Now, I only read it when I'm bored.
i so agree with this
Jan 9, 2021 6:27 PM
May 2020
Lex1979 said:
I think that too. Too much focus on the side characters and when we get Hori and Miyamura they are almost always fighting for silly things. I miss the atmosphere of the first chapters.

Agreed. I’m still here for the ride, but it’s not as fun as when it first started.
Jan 9, 2021 7:16 PM
Dec 2015
I think it has gotten worse, they’re just milking the cow till it’s dry bcz there’s no reason for this manga to continue it’s already ended and they’re dragging the living crap out of it.
Jan 10, 2021 5:03 AM
Aug 2016
Oh my God. Was SoL not part of the tags in this thing. They're doing what SoL do and that's laze around. Doesn't mean it's bad. It's just what SoLs do
Jan 10, 2021 5:04 AM
Aug 2016
Was Slice of life not part of the tag. It's simply them lazing around and doing what slice of life shit normally do.
Jan 12, 2021 6:48 PM
Aug 2020
I thought i was the only one but i guess not, yea i do feel so to, the story gets really boring since the beginning of chapter 40. I know people are trying to say that the story changes but that's the part i particularly think really boring, after Miyamura and Hori start dating out the story lost it main purpose, instead of focusing more on both relationships afterwards, the author chose to focus more on their friends relationship which i think was a bit unnecessary and a bit too fast.

I genuinely think that chara development is needed for every kind of story but i believe that every character in horimiya don't need anymore chara development. What they need is a backstory, for example the backstory about that student council president first meeting with his girlfriend. I really enjoy that part very much. But in all honesty I genuinely enjoy the wholesomeness of the story
SinfulFateJan 12, 2021 6:51 PM
Jan 13, 2021 5:59 AM
Dec 2019
only a little by little. It's mostly just the jokes though
Jan 14, 2021 12:38 AM
Aug 2018
I dropped it on chapter 40, I completely agree with you.
Jan 18, 2021 8:39 PM
Nov 2020
To me I loved it start to finish. I liked how it was apparent that the spotlight was still on Hori and Miyamura but they fleshed out the side characters perfectly to me, and that kept it entertaining from beginning to end. It simply shifted from a romance almost exclusively on Hori and Izumi to a story about their friend groups romances instead. My opinion probably isnt to be trusted though, my dream anime/manga has always been a Slice of Life, School Romcom, so Horimiya is my dream series ;)
Jan 19, 2021 8:22 PM
Dec 2020
It feel like i read an ordinary SoL manga than romance SoL manga. The story just focused on (mostly) friendship and less romance or cute momments.

I don't think it is getting worse, it just the story is out of context (?)
Jan 21, 2021 12:55 AM

Aug 2020
not really but the last few chapter especially 120 121 122 got me real real real confusing
Feb 8, 2021 5:24 PM

Feb 2021
lunarpen said:
Honestly, it started going downhill for me once Hori started demanding abuse from Miyamura. That was the point where I almost started hating their relationship. Imo they've recovered a little by focusing on the side couples but it's kinda hard to read when one half of the relationship is making the other half do things they're uncomfortable with.

Wow this + the abuse... she is just agressive to him withouth a proper reason, she is so controlling, most of the hits are since she didnt like something he did, toxic af
Feb 11, 2021 9:28 PM
Demon of Hatred

Feb 2015
I used to bust a nut in anticipation of a new Horimiya chapter, but now my dick has become too limp. No more. Please end this already.
"Life is too bitter, so coffee, at least should be sweet..." - Hikigaya Hachiman (Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Come wa Machigatte Iru)
Feb 14, 2021 7:45 PM
Feb 2021
I get the same vibes, and I get the feeling that it will be tragic because take a look at Your Lie in April and I want to eat your pancreas. Both of the anime have cherry blossoms on the cover, so does Horimiya :(((
Feb 14, 2021 8:46 PM
Feb 2021
The plot is stale and not going anywhere. Several first chapter we saw a highschool girl Hori who had a complex about the difference of her appearance in school and at home, but then the story is going stray from that. It's full of not so funny comedy now and Hori has become some masochistic and possessive girlfriend towards Miyamura. Well I mean their relationship just getting weirder idk
Feb 14, 2021 8:56 PM
Feb 2021
freizel said:

I agree with you. Hori has become an annoying character, her relationship with Miyamura starting to become toxic and I started to hate her so I discontinue reading it
natsukidesuFeb 14, 2021 10:09 PM
Feb 16, 2021 5:19 PM

Aug 2013
Watched what was released in the anime and loved it so decided to binge the manga over the past couple days. It unfortunately just screeches to an almost dead halt. You think 40+ chapters with no development is kinda but but then you remember that's over 3 years for monthly readers. Such a shame as it's so hard to find series that focus on the relationship rather than making the whole premise about whether or not people get together.

I don't really like the hyper-aggresiveness from Hori and it feels like Miyamura's character went from a soft-hearted misunderstood guy that makes new relationships to a literally pile of mush that they keep writing off as just Hori being Hori.

They focus more on side characters after like chapter 50 which is fine as it keeps things fresh but Tooru and Yoshikawa's "relationship" has also petered out to beyond sluggish levels.

The last chapters seem to be picking things up but I don't know if I'll read monthly or just wait a year or something for chapters to release because those fillers have gotten so boring. The series is still salvageable if they go back to some consistent progression but the change from Romance/Drama to a slice of life was pretty disheartening.

I think the anime will still be very entertaining as it's adapting the more interesting parts of the story but given the current pacing I wonder where they'll end it as a good point would've been the proposal but they'd have to drastically cut the amount of chapters per episode in order to make that the final episode.

Overall, pretty disappointed as the anime made it feel like one of the best series out there but when there's is story in the manga it is still good but it feels like you're feeding off scraps.
Feb 16, 2021 10:36 PM
Apr 2016
I honestly really like the side characters, and yea like people have said their relationship makes me kinda uncomfortable because of the abuse thing hori has going on
Feb 26, 2021 1:41 AM
Aug 2019
Fran said:
nah dude you just have the shittiest taste in manga
no need to be a cunt
Feb 27, 2021 2:38 AM
Mar 2016
I watched the anime and I loved every second of it so I decided to read the manga. I really loved the beginning of the manga with its fluff and I almost died every chapter but now that I'm caught up it seemed like the last 50 chapters were really boring. I wanted them to go through people's backstories more if possible.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Horimiya chapter amount

Volctra - Dec 15, 2023

2 by Volctra »»
Dec 15, 2023 5:52 AM

Poll: » Horimiya Chapter 17 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 25, 2013

22 by DENISE_DARDEN »»
Nov 29, 2023 2:01 PM

Poll: » Horimiya Chapter 44 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 19, 2014

22 by Vhailor »»
Sep 29, 2023 2:16 PM

Poll: » Horimiya Chapter 41 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 28, 2014

16 by Vhailor »»
Sep 29, 2023 9:41 AM

Poll: » Horimiya Chapter 2 Discussion

Insidious - Sep 13, 2012

23 by OnigirisBasket »»
Sep 25, 2023 5:22 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.