Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Jan 24, 2021 7:15 AM

Jul 2013
This show is so amusing. Everyone and all the tricks are over the top. I love it.

Poor Miya. His talent made his (ex)friends mad jealous. At least, he will have new friends now.

Honestly I didn't expect Langa to win so I'm very happy hehe.

Glordit said:
I thought I recognized Miya from somewhere, he looks similar to Setsuna from Gundam 00.

Omg yes I agree
Jan 24, 2021 8:20 AM

Aug 2020
Another great episode, Miya vs Langa was amazing and maybe even better than Joker vs Langa.

Looks like DIO and Reki are about to go head to head, interesting stuff.
Jan 24, 2021 8:46 AM

Oct 2011
Such a good episode! This anime got me hooked already, for real

Also I don't know why but everytime I see Adam I expect his voice to be Miyano Mamoru's actually lol I think it would fit so well with his character too
Jan 24, 2021 9:33 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
The power of friendship won the race! Long board saved the day, skating ala snowboarder crushed Miya vision, and grinding with that rotating slider. Man, that's a huge, what a fantastic idea, Reki! The way Ranga learnt much from his mistake paid good and blasted off that cheeky brat, Miya. Now that boy got a good lesson from mr slime that its wrong to be so annoying. The additional friends, moreover its a fuckin cat-boyyah, will make this show surely more colorful. Thats good enough until Adam the saiyan took the initiatives role against our little rookie. Yeah! Another race again, boys?

Also, i can't help but feels good with all of the dynamics within a several side characters. Their commentary surely bring more interest to watch this show until the end.....
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Jan 24, 2021 10:44 AM
Nov 2019
zedtronic said:
*heavy sigh with weird gestures around the dude's legs* "may I touch you?"

I legit could not stop fucking laughing at that scene, like I knew the Adam guy was gonna be a mega-creep but like this. This is hilarous.
he gives of hisoka vibes, it's hilarious
Jan 24, 2021 11:40 AM
Jul 2018
Fantastic episode. I like that more depth has officially been applied into the story combined with the already gorgeous visuals.

And now with Dio here things are only gonna get better.

Jessie-desu said:
Such a good episode! This anime got me hooked already, for real

Also I don't know why but everytime I see Adam I expect his voice to be Miyano Mamoru's actually lol I think it would fit so well with his character too

Yeah that's understandable. Both Koyasu Takehito and the legendary Miyano Mamoru are great at voicing eccentric characters.
removed-userJan 24, 2021 11:45 AM
Jan 24, 2021 11:46 AM
Oct 2020
This series is great. And it is getting greater every week !
the animation, especially the skateboarding race scenes were really well-made. Never disappoints so far.
Now the blue-haired boss guy appeared ,we will see what the deal is with this guy.

Langa has really shined until now, I think it is time to leave the stage to Reki. Let the boy show his skills from now on.
Jan 24, 2021 3:02 PM

Oct 2020
This show gets more captivating with each episode. There were so many jaw dropping moments during the Langa vs Miya match.

I genuinely have a lot of fun watching this show. The Adam tease at the end too was super cool! I'm excited to see what role he'll play as the show progresses.
Jan 24, 2021 6:43 PM

Feb 2015
This is such an amazing anime!
I never thought I'd feel this way about a "sports" anime again after I finished Air Gear :)
Looking forward to next weeks episode!
There's no possible way you can steal my heart

I want to drown in this sweet Melancholy
Jan 24, 2021 6:44 PM
Jul 2018
chinen is really cool and that race was nice af. langa's new board is so cool, and that one flip he did in the air looked so sick. also, was that another intial d reference in the race when chinen used the gutter thing lol? or maybe im just imagining it; surprised nobody has mentioned it though. that adam at the end kinda pissing me off though, seems like another hisoka-type character...
Jan 24, 2021 7:20 PM

Sep 2011
ADAM be like Cu Chulainn by day. DIO by night. I love it.
Jan 24, 2021 7:54 PM

Jan 2012
I love everything about this show so far!!! <3

Jan 24, 2021 9:36 PM

Oct 2008
Langa fastest improving Rookie S8er huh...
4/5.
lol hilarious moments with Reki & Shadow! hahaha

Jan 25, 2021 2:34 AM

Aug 2020
bruh Reki legit just got in Shadow's car
Jan 25, 2021 5:23 AM

Mar 2020
the race was predictable but...it was hype for me somethings were impossible but was hype worthy...the animation was good and the CGI was also well done so its an easy 5/5.
Jan 25, 2021 5:24 AM
Jun 2020
Very well everything, as entertainment works, Bones is clear, at the level of a work it falls short, but if you want to simply enjoy Skate, this is your anime, the race is very good and I like the fact that Langa follows falling, because that's the way it is in real life, you don't learn from one week to another, or from one month to another. Very well.
Jan 25, 2021 9:32 AM

Jun 2020
Holy shit Dio do be looking like Dio tho
This anime shit is addictive
Jan 25, 2021 9:51 AM
Jun 2017
im kinda worried abt adam being creepy towards langa but so far its just dudes being bros while having fun skateboarding :D
Jan 25, 2021 11:24 AM
Jul 2017
This is very silly, but they're having fun, and so am I watching :D

I'm still not quite sure why they have a flag girl as well as the green lights, but sure.

I also enjoyed the contrast between Cherry Blossom and Joe(?)'s fangirls.

As for the race prize, I'd go this way...
Miya: Fine whatever, so am I going to be your cat or dog?
Me: *reaches into bag to produce a pair of bunny ears*
Jan 25, 2021 1:24 PM
Ero Ojisan

Jun 2019
So Miya challenges Lagna to a race to prove that Lagna's race against Shadow was just a fluke. Poor Miya, his talent drove away his friends because they were jealous and he kinda lost his passion for skateboarding and it was no longer fun for him. Meanwhile, Reiki makes a new board for Lagna that gives him the same control as he was still snowboarding. Adam decides to make an appearance giving off Dio/Hisoka vibes and he seems to be interested in Lagna, but Reki decides to challenge Adam for not taking back what he said about Miya after he lost the race.
Jan 25, 2021 4:20 PM
Mar 2015
tottobennington said:
1nvader said:
I'm a bit bothered by all the inaccuracies and stuff, but it was a fun watch nonetheless.

Just to name a few of the inaccuracies:
- grinding would definitively slow you down massively, even if the curb is waxed
- a maple skateboard would absolutely break in half hitting the tree like that
- rotating shopping cart truck/wheels is absolute suicide. I guess he could've used springs or something to limit the rotation, but that would still be damn near impossible to control and still nothing like snowboarding. The plastic hook on top is a neat idea though
- not saying it's impossible to do a 180 to bridge the gap on the rail while grinding (although it would depend on how narrow and round the rail is), but transitioning into a nose manual grind would've been probably way easier :T
- Langa really needs to learn how to fall
- that "rodeo andy" looked more like a simple backflip+180 or a backside rodeo if anything. From what I gather the andy rodeo is supposed to be a front flip

And this is a stupid complaint, but I wish the girl starting the race with a flag was just someone sexy dropping a handkerchief or something underground style. Not everything has to be WWE, fucking weirdos. Damn shame that Reki looks so weak compared to Langa too.

My dude.. as a skater it's obviously innacurate BUT... this is anime, don't look for realism here.

Accurate anime is not a myth though. Danberu for example was surprisingly accurate and detailed.
Jan 25, 2021 4:37 PM

Feb 2017
1nvader said:
tottobennington said:

My dude.. as a skater it's obviously innacurate BUT... this is anime, don't look for realism here.

Accurate anime is not a myth though. Danberu for example was surprisingly accurate and detailed.

Yes, i know... but if dumbbell wasn't accurate a lot of people would get hurt.
Jan 25, 2021 8:55 PM

Nov 2012
ADAM was giving off some major Hisoka vibes.
Jan 25, 2021 11:20 PM

May 2020
Dope, what more can I say
Jan 26, 2021 1:33 AM
Dec 2020
Been holding off but should I start this show??
Jan 26, 2021 1:37 AM

Feb 2020
Uuuuuuu... That last move was insane... I Mean do you Saw that turn.... Ahhhh this shit is the best.
Jan 26, 2021 6:07 AM

Aug 2015
That race was so intense. I loved the part where Langa bridged the gap in the rails after Reki said it in the crowd.
#FreePalestine 🇵🇸
Jan 26, 2021 9:34 AM

Oct 2020
This episode was so good holy shit I'm still trying to process it.

I had the same idea as Reki to put rotating/spinning wheels on Langa's board to help him turn better, and it was really cool to see it in action! I absolutely LOVED the last couple minutes of the episode, both for better and for worse. Reki encouraging Miya to skate for himself and not for others, but rather with others, and to have fun with it was a pretty cool moment to see. The way Langa's face lit up when he saw Reki at the start and end of the race and how Reki lept into his arms and told him how amazing he was made me smile like an idiot, but I'm still scared because the director of Banana Fish is also directing SK8... 😰

And of course, you have a Hisoka-Dio love child named Adam, who seems to be the main villain of the series. I don't trust him one bit, and was totally on-board (no pun intended) with Reki when Adam tried to touch Langa and Reki was like "Don't touch him." all angrily.

I'm so excited to see how this series progresses, and can't wait for the next episode!
Until next time 🥳
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 26, 2021 9:36 AM

Oct 2020
GNPsyko said:
Been holding off but should I start this show??

Yes absolutely! You can watch it *legally* on Funimation, but plenty of other websites have it too :))
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 26, 2021 11:53 AM

Jul 2012
I'm laughing so much at everybody calling Adam "Hisoka-DIO" lmao so true
He looks a lot like DIO but with Jonathan's hair colour.

Miya's character and backstory was quite cliché but I'm happy we're not wasting more time in that and apparently moving on to developing that character.
Jan 27, 2021 1:20 AM
Sep 2020
It was an okay epsode it was just really distracting the way they represented skating
Jan 28, 2021 12:04 PM
Jul 2018
Episode 3 was awesome but I got sad with Miya's story :(
Jan 28, 2021 1:36 PM

Mar 2015
This Adam guy is so extra, I love it.

Already betting to becoming each others dogs now are we. Calling it now, by the end of this show someone is gonna bet their life or a race lmao
Jan 28, 2021 2:33 PM
Jul 2018
langa became famous, the race was cool the miya vs langa.
Jan 28, 2021 4:59 PM

Mar 2010
Miya is annoying. Hope we don't seem him a lot.
Jan 29, 2021 7:54 AM

Dec 2016
I can understand Miya. In a circle of friends if one of them becomes really good and popular, the other friends feel demotivated and useless. But Miya didn't become popular intentionally. He just played well and got attention. The other friends shouldn't take it to heart but instead try their own best.

Now Langa's getting good at skating too quickly. I wish they took more time. They're making Langa ‘born with the talent’ like typical sports anime. Even if he did snowboarding, he still shouldn't be able to do these kinda difficult stunts in his first try.

Langa's face when accepting the challenge were the face that Haru makes after seeing water XD

Miya's laugh at the end tho it was adorable.

Adam being all seductive and saying “May I touch you?” and then there's clueless innocent Langa XD

Cheery blossom and Joe's constant bickering makes them really shippable XD
Jan 29, 2021 4:51 PM

Apr 2008
Mind if I touch you....yes I do mind...lmao. Adam is too much and I am here for it.
Jan 30, 2021 5:43 AM

Oct 2020
Decent episode although the plot felt cliche. I'm happy that we're gonna have Reki steal the spotlight in the next episode!
Jan 30, 2021 3:46 PM
May 2019
Another great episode. That state board design Reki made for Langa is genius. It’s perfect for a snowboarder like Langa. His race with MIYA was really entertaining and had some crazy tricks that made me go “oh snap.” There was also some nice backstory for MIYA in this episode. I’ll admit, as someone who finished watch JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders a couple months ago, I had the biggest grin on my face every time skateboarder Dio, oh sorry, ADAM, on screen. It looks like Reki might start a beef with ADAM? I highly doubt that’ll end well.
Jan 31, 2021 11:38 PM

Oct 2015
kuwangpa said:
Chinen's skate demos look oddly similar to Rodney Mullen's moves...anyone else notice that?

https://youtu.be/1U-cgn3cEGA?t=9

Also, Langa's board mods are pretty cool but then he would only limit himself to racing type skateboard matches. I'm guessing he's not trying to become a technical street skater like Reki and the others?

Glad someone mentioned this. Rodney mullen is my favorite skater to watch so when I saw that primo to Casper the part of me in high-school still went nuts
Feb 1, 2021 6:55 AM
Nov 2020
1nvader said:

Yeah, there are some accurate anime out there. Other examples would be Houkago Teibou Nisshi for fishing and Yuru Camp for camping.
Feb 6, 2021 2:09 PM

Dec 2020
i was honestly kinda hoping that langa would lose so that it would be more interesting.. if he keeps winning everything it would eventually get boring

this new villain guy is creepy
"give up on your dream and die" -levi ackermann
Feb 7, 2021 4:37 AM
Mar 2015
Glordit said:

Never knew a Nissin Micra could drift.

Oh snap! Adam (Dio) is going to be the bad guy!?

I thought I recognized Miya from somewhere, he looks similar to Setsuna from Gundam 00.

IM NOT THE ONLY ONE LMAO
Feb 8, 2021 6:10 PM

Jun 2014
Langa is improving at the speed of a prodigy. He actually beat MIYA.

ADAM is a bit on the gay side, as he definitely wanted to feel up Langa, lol. Reki has challenged ADAM. What could happen?

Feb 10, 2021 7:28 PM
Jan 2020
MIYA seems to be a good person, but his environment changed him completely. Even MIYA lost… now Adam has changed his viewpoint.
Feb 25, 2021 8:50 PM

Sep 2018
Kyahhhhhhhhhhhhh!!! Ranga is so coooooooooool!!! He's so handsome when he skates T_______T I really like Reki too! He's so supportive and even makes a skateboard that is suitable for Ranga. I'm so touched!!!!! Miya joins the party lol Adam is so weird and creepy! I don't like him. 
Mar 1, 2021 12:16 AM

Apr 2020
This episode is still great. The combination of skills and competition is really good, and there is nothing strange in the plot, but it is easy to bring people into the atmosphere of some chunibyo animes. It is quite good so far (but Koyasu is very disturbing xD).

Mar 1, 2021 11:59 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Langa vs Miya was really nice, I liked the race and Langa even won, he's definitely skilled... well seems like it's time for the next opponent "Adam" to come, he looks weird xD
Mar 2, 2021 1:07 AM

Apr 2020
Ashhk said:
well seems like it's time for the next opponent "Adam" to come, he looks weird xD
After all, his voice actor is Koyasu Takehito. xD

Mar 2, 2021 1:30 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Wakarimasu said:
Ashhk said:
well seems like it's time for the next opponent "Adam" to come, he looks weird xD
After all, his voice actor is Koyasu Takehito. xD
Oh damn yeah, I didn't even realize it, this role makes sense xD
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » SK∞ Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Apr 3, 2021

212 by Tobimaroo »»
May 1, 1:23 PM

» Langa's relationship with reki ( 1 2 )

Old_School_Akira - May 7, 2022

65 by Tobimaroo »»
Mar 10, 3:11 AM

Poll: » SK∞ Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 27, 2021

147 by Tobimaroo »»
Mar 4, 5:21 AM

Poll: » SK∞ Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 30, 2021

142 by Tobimaroo »»
Jan 31, 4:58 AM

» SK8 the Infinity Event & Bucchigiri!?

OnlyAraku - Dec 31, 2023

8 by OnlyAraku »»
Jan 9, 12:56 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.