Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Oct 16, 2020 10:16 AM

Aug 2020
The anime looks so good visually but I can just Imagine if KyoAni animated this. With their artstyle man that would look so good. I'm not complaining or anything but like just imagine. Tezuka Productions did a good job though.
Oct 16, 2020 3:19 PM
May 2020
yeah dude i agree like holy shit man the animation in this is so good. I thought tonikaku cawaii was gonna satisfy my cute needs for fall 2020 but adachi to shimamura is doing a way better job. like holy fuck it looks so pretty
Oct 17, 2020 5:10 AM
Jul 2010
They already did, kinda, just didn't go all the way. You can try Hibike Euphonium or the spin-off Liz to Aoi Tori movie.
Watching this or Bloom Into You, i can't help, but imagine what would have happened if KyoAni went full yuri route with Hibike Euphonium. Kumiko and Reina had such a fantastic chemistry together and with KyoAni's animation some scenes that they had together were electrifying and unforgettable. Also the show had an interesting setting with school orchestra, not like these other shows that have nothing like that and i find them quite boring. It's just disappointing that with the latest movie, it seems, they have no idea how to properly progress character relationships, but that's a different matter.
Urban_DruidOct 17, 2020 8:04 AM
Oct 17, 2020 7:40 PM

Aug 2020
rayyanyusuph said:
yeah dude i agree like holy shit man the animation in this is so good. I thought tonikaku cawaii was gonna satisfy my cute needs for fall 2020 but adachi to shimamura is doing a way better job. like holy fuck it looks so pretty

Yeah! Tonikaku Kawaii is wholesome but damn Adachi to Shimamura looks good.
Oct 17, 2020 7:42 PM

Aug 2020
Denireno said:
They already did, kinda, just didn't go all the way. You can try Hibike Euphonium or the spin-off Liz to Aoi Tori movie.
Watching this or Bloom Into You, i can't help, but imagine what would have happened if KyoAni went full yuri route with Hibike Euphonium. Kumiko and Reina had such a fantastic chemistry together and with KyoAni's animation some scenes that they had together were electrifying and unforgettable. Also the show had an interesting setting with school orchestra, not like these other shows that have nothing like that and i find them quite boring. It's just disappointing that with the latest movie, it seems, they have no idea how to properly progress character relationships, but that's a different matter.

The other Violet Evergarden movie too with the "Eternity and the Auto Memory Doll" I think it was called? That scene where they were dancing was so beautiful. I'll definetely watch Hibike Euphonium and Bloom into You cuz I already heard good things about it. Thanks!
Oct 17, 2020 11:47 PM

Dec 2016
That would be so beautiful. Even the current animation kinda reminds me of Kyoani...
Oct 18, 2020 12:44 AM

Aug 2020
Rickydory123 said:
That would be so beautiful. Even the current animation kinda reminds me of Kyoani...

Yeah definetely!
Oct 24, 2020 11:56 AM

Feb 2019
Kyoani doesn't have balls to do a full on yuri tbh. They always like to play safe.
Nov 8, 2020 6:50 AM

Feb 2014
cythraul said:
Kyoani doesn't have balls to do a full on yuri tbh. They always like to play safe.

Completely agree.

Reading this made me feel so good because it´s good to see I am not alone here.

Kyoani is just about yuri bait; wishy wash yuri. It does not have the guts to go all out.

Either way, the art and animation are already lovely.
TechOtakuDec 3, 2020 7:34 PM
Nov 8, 2020 10:22 AM
Apr 2019
If KyoAni would animated this surely make a movie afterwards where the girls get a boyfriend.
I am not interested in thinking about options where I know they will disappoint me in the most important thing, Kyoani is too conservative studio >:(

"The greatest glory in living lies not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."
Nov 9, 2020 5:06 AM

Dec 2018
I've rather want Kyoto Animation to stay far away from this anime

They have extreme problems with impurity in their "Yuri" and constantly puts heterosexuality over lesbianism. Sometimes they are even hateful towards lesbians and refuse to acknowledge their existence

Kyoto Animation are not a bad studio. But imo their Yuri s could definitely be a lot better.They seem to be more fond of Yuri bait then real Yuri

Yuri-CrusaderNov 9, 2020 8:09 AM
Nov 9, 2020 8:14 PM
Jul 2020
Yuri-Crusader said:
I've rather want Kyoto Animation to stay far away from this anime

They have extreme problems with impurity in their "Yuri" and constantly puts heterosexuality over lesbianism. Sometimes they are even hateful towards lesbians and refuse to acknowledge their existence

Kyoto Animation are not a bad studio. But imo their Yuri s could definitely be a lot better.They seem to be more fond of Yuri bait then real Yuri

Well said, Yuri-Crusader
Nov 9, 2020 10:50 PM

Jul 2012
Personally, I don't mind Kyoto Animation to animate Adachi to Shimamura mainly because I love their animation. But I'd much rather have
Tezuka Productions animate the show because their animation is just as good, and they can actually promote yuri much better than KyoAni.
The animation of Adachi to Shimamura has already been gorgeous, and Tezuka Productions have also done The Quintessential Quintuplets.
"You don't have to believe in yourself, because I believe in you." - Drax the Destroyer
https://dawnhibiki.carrd.co/

Mirishita ID: L3N93SKX
Discord: DawnHibiki #6454
Nov 11, 2020 3:21 AM
Mob Character C

Oct 2009
I was just about to say "And let them downgrade the anime to yuribait? I'd rather not imagine it". But it looks like folks already beat me too it. I'm glad we're on the same page with this. Lol

Nothing against KyoAni, and they produce some nice-looking visuals, but I think the art direction and animation here has its own charm. It's fine as is for me!

Enjoy your anime! | Witch Cafe Wisteria
Nov 11, 2020 3:31 AM

Aug 2020
animation quality aside, yeah I agree that KyoAni only does yuribait. I'd be nice to see them go out of their safe zone though.
Nov 12, 2020 11:19 PM

Oct 2007
would be sh*t if Kyoani touched this. They would turn the real yuri into yuribait.
Nov 13, 2020 4:38 AM

Jul 2017
EWWWW NOOOOO

Yes, if for animation ALONE, but a BIG NO for everything else. Look how Hibike! Euphonium and Violet Evergarden turned out with Yuri baiting.
Nov 13, 2020 5:22 PM

Jun 2008
Why are people acting like KyoAni are responsible for the lack of yuri in their adaptations? As far as I can tell they've never lowered the amount of yuri in anything they've made. Yeah some of what they've done is bait, but it's not like the source material was ever full-on yuri in the first place. If they'd been the ones adapting this I doubt they'd do what y'all are saying.

Besides, Liz and the Blue Bird is hella gay.
Nov 13, 2020 6:11 PM
Tail On!

Aug 2018
I'd imagine they'd make it worse. KyoAni usually only deliver cold heartless factory made feeling stuff.
Nov 15, 2020 1:06 AM

Jan 2020
Nah no need it's already kyoani level definitely AOTY
Хайде, хайде, хайде, това е първата зона, брато, първа зона, първа зона, добре, добре, добре, това става тук горе, отива тук горе, само спокойно, само спокойно... Ха, отдясно е, навсякъде отдясно отдясно къде е дясното ти о да добре добре добре тихо мълчаливо не успях да се съсредоточа върху това ЕХ ТЪПАК КОГАТО СИ БАВНО БАВНО ... ой е путката на моето момиче прасе куче, аз Чувствам се добре, о, мамо, *шамар*, какво е това госпожице татко-
Dec 12, 2020 9:31 AM
Sep 2020
No! I'd rather not imagine it. This would prolly be a yuri bait then girls would end up with boys in the end lol
Dec 16, 2020 10:14 PM

Mar 2019
Ok.... so this is a thread good. I have seen some of kyoani works and yeah I accept that they are good and cute and all that stuff, but also I realised what was there bothering me(couldn’t word it before) in their works and here above the folks have cleared it to me in a way(thanks to many of you)....“yuri bait”. I haven’t seen or there haven’t been much of recent works of Tezuka productions but yeah Adachi to Shimamura is a good work in its own.
If there was no one else within a 5-kilometer radius from Shimamura, and she was in a deep sleep and an all-knowing deity just happened to reassure me that she wasn’t going to wake up the next 24 hours, maybe I’d get bored after 23 hours and I might kiss her once to relieve some boredom...
Dec 18, 2020 10:50 PM

Jul 2020
No... I don't want to get yuri bait again... but the animation will be cute though... NO TO YURI BAIT!
Sometimes we create our own heartbreaks through expectations - Anonymous
Dec 18, 2020 10:59 PM

Aug 2020
In conclusion.

animation? YES!
storyline? NO NO NO NO NO.
Dec 19, 2020 12:52 AM

Jan 2020
The animation is already very good to be honest. But yeah, KyoAni might do a better job at animating AdaShina. Not sure if they will ever adapt a Shoujo Ai or Yuri, though.
Feb 4, 2022 4:35 AM

May 2008
dompsterfire said:
The anime looks so good visually but I can just Imagine if KyoAni animated this. With their artstyle man that would look so good. I'm not complaining or anything but like just imagine. Tezuka Productions did a good job though.

Because i reading the novel i feel that this series should be made by SHAFT instead of KyoAni or any other studio. SHAFT even made Denpa Onna and that series is in the same universe as Adachi and Shimamura.
Feb 4, 2022 5:01 AM
Jul 2018
NOOOOOOOOOOI THANKSSSSSS. Those dumbfucks will give another YuriBaits instead of a proper Yuri. I love their shows but they only make Yuri baits.
removed-userFeb 4, 2022 5:23 AM

More topics from this board

Poll: » Adachi to Shimamura Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 22, 2020

114 by dudschan_ »»
Yesterday, 1:16 PM

» how much does table tennis factor into this?

KuroudoAkabane - Oct 18, 2022

8 by Tennispro786 »»
Jun 6, 7:53 AM

Poll: » Adachi to Shimamura Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 24, 2020

132 by Hazamelis »»
Feb 27, 1:12 AM

Poll: » Adachi to Shimamura Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 5, 2020

76 by Hazamelis »»
Feb 1, 1:10 AM

Poll: » Adachi to Shimamura Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 10, 2020

69 by locke_ix »»
Jan 13, 9:21 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.