Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
My Youth Romantic Comedy Is Wrong, As I Expected (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Sep 17, 2020 12:46 PM
Oct 2019
That was a BEAUTIFUL episode in all aspects, one of the best of the series. 10/10 episode for me guys. That confession was so sweet..
Sep 17, 2020 12:51 PM

Jul 2017
DAYUM WOMAN, Hiratsuka-sensei being bold towards Hachiman has her best student and giving him her affirmation, and with it, clearance and the peace of mind to finish this "co-dependent" drama once and for all. And I must absolutely say again: "Would someone marry her already!"

Yui's probing of Hachiman on the continuing whims of wish fulfillment, and Hachiman clearly gives his answer in the his usual nonchalant way that he NEEDS Yukinon, in the past, present, but definitely now and forever. Kinda sad that Yui is seen as the 3rd party, but the impression of Hachiman X Yuninon is already as of certain since Season 2.

"No tears came out. Because I've cried so many already." Like come on Yui, you're already at the losing end of Hachiman's affection, and she truly experienced what it means to love without limits. Personally a Yui stan, and it hurts badly in the heart.

Iroha again, being persistent to show off her personality as and when is necessary, NOT! Continuing on with the Yukinoshita Family's prom negotiations, going for and against the plan with an individual vs. collective effort, Hachiman is HELL BENT on making Yukinon's version of her prom happen regardless of the consequences and implications of the PTO.

All this time, Hachiman has been treading the fine line of communication with Yukinon, but with this episode, his open-minded self with the confession to Yukinon (without the ILU, to which I don't really see why it's needed here) WAS JUST BRILLANT, *muack* PERFECTION. AFTER 5 LONG YEARS, we awaited this moment to see Yukinon FINALLY accept Hachiman, not just in the friendship sense, but romantically as well.

Without a doubt, THE BEST EPISODE to the eventual end of Oregairu overall. Anticipating the finale next week with great expectations!
Sep 17, 2020 12:52 PM
Sep 2017
3 Seasons for THIS ending i cannot belive
Sep 17, 2020 12:56 PM

Dec 2019
It happened! It finally happened! I'm not a big fan of this series as a whole, but that was satisfying. Good episode.
Here we go again...
Sep 17, 2020 1:00 PM

Aug 2017
A confession without I Love You.

I was literally dancing at the end.

Best Episode of Oregairu!!!!

Sep 17, 2020 1:01 PM

Aug 2019
Yui gang=in shambles :/
Why do they have to be so indirect, it's been pissing me off for a long while. Like fucking hell just say the 3 words and kiss it's not that fucking hard :D
Sep 17, 2020 1:03 PM
Demon of Hatred

Feb 2015
Pale_28 said:
Yui gang=in shambles :/
Why do they have to be so indirect, it's been pissing me off for a long while. Like fucking hell just say the 3 words and kiss it's not that fucking hard :D
Because that is the whole point of Oregairu, to be roundabout.
"Life is too bitter, so coffee, at least should be sweet..." - Hikigaya Hachiman (Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Come wa Machigatte Iru)
Sep 17, 2020 1:04 PM

May 2018
C'mon Yui, jaz give on that club already besides you do have your own clique of friends so leave that loser Hikki and that who the fuck cares Yukinon......Besides you're gonna be a senior by next year and after that graduate.
Sep 17, 2020 1:05 PM

Jun 2017
So he confessed already? Disappointing. I expected him to lie to himself and delay the confession for another season all the while wandering around with Yui. Yukino is still not independent. She should distance herself even more from everyone else to actually become independent /s.

This episode was great. So far the best in the season. Maybe because things finally got moving or maybe because there were no misunderstandings. 5/5
Sep 17, 2020 1:15 PM

May 2020
That was the weirdest confession but i loved it❤
My MALoween✟Mansion 2022 Candies :
Sep 17, 2020 1:16 PM
Aug 2020
Man!! What an episode, by far the best episode of the season, was waiting for someone to say I Love You, was not expecting Hiratsuka to tell it first 😅, That Bridge Moment was epic
Sep 17, 2020 1:20 PM

Jul 2020
oh my that bridge scene was amazing. let’s not forget ab hiratsuka somebody wife her already lol. hopefully there’s an ova to this final season
Sep 17, 2020 1:20 PM

Jun 2020
Script said:
this is the best episode i've seen in my life holy sh!t, i'm fucking shaking i cant believe my man finally did it, absolutely unreal. best anime ever.
Hachiman x Yukino blessssss

I agree best episode i ever seen best confession it was so whole some still in tears

Sep 17, 2020 1:22 PM
Dec 2019
I have been one of the biggest haters of this season of Oregairu, mainly as a LN reader who absolutely hated cut dialogue between Yukino and Hachiman and how well they animated Yui scenes, but this episode made up for it. Finally he did it, he mustered up the courage and they pulled the head on chest scene right out the LN. I was really worried they were gonna butcher this scene but my worries are no more. Yukino x Hachiman forever. 10/10 episode
Sep 17, 2020 1:22 PM
Jul 2018
kinda feel bad for yui but also feeling completed after this .
Just want them to be together in the end
Sep 17, 2020 1:24 PM
Jul 2018
Just want yui,hikki,yukino to be together
Sep 17, 2020 1:29 PM

Feb 2014
LETS FUCKING GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Tokoya said:
adapatations are not supposed to be carbon copies of source materials and until the anime community in general can accept that and judge an anime based on what it presents and how they handle every episode, these threads will continue to be filled with hate posts by purists
Sep 17, 2020 1:33 PM

Apr 2015
Take her! Forget the other two... Just take sensei... Marry her, do it!

Jokes aside though..

The pain, this pain... I have never felt this sad to see best girl lose like this. My girl Yui hold herself strong the entire time while Hachiman layed it out for her. Man that was tough to watch. Gahamama for best mama!! Eventho I knew it had to come, I was in full denial that it wasn't gonna happen. Yet here I am with tea- sweat in my eyes. Poor Yui :((

The bridge scene was amazing, no other words needed other than WOW! As sad as I am for Yui, that scene was handled really well and the way they both expressed their feelings in their own way was realy special. I loved that!!

One more to go... I will miss this a lot!
Sep 17, 2020 1:35 PM

Aug 2018
Yes, Shizuka sensei, thank you again.. Very cool.. ;P
Hm.. Ok, I made up my mind, how I feel about this episode.. And about this anime in general then.. Because last episode probably will be slice of life one, maybe some fanservice, stuff like that.. Everything is pretty much resolved and solved..
In the end.. I don't find this "romantic comedy" enjoyable.. It was a story about two young bloods, who were embarrassed, were afraid, of putting other person down, of becoming worse themselves, too dependent, useless, or other type of stuff.. And honestly.. I can see, how this is possible.. But it's not that relatable.. I see no ground for them really suffering over becoming too dependent, or useless - what they were afraid of.. It was just wasn't present in the show, really.. Yeah, Hachiman made some twisted moves in how they worked as a club before.. But it's not like they decided to tackle this problem in the end at all.. At all in the confession.. Only thing I can understand - their embarrassment.. And that they feel that their feelings might be more than just "love".. But they also didn't go into what is there more really as well.. Or at least I didn't hear about it..
So in the end, I don't feel like it was a good love story or anything.. Both Hachiman and Yukino was worrying about some strange thing, which didn't feel justified at all, and drama was created out of thin air, it feels..
I honestly don't see, how this love story is good.. Please change my mind, if you can.. And tell, why this love story is good.. Or tell that it wasn't the show about this.. I actually think that at least about season and half wasn't about romance at all, and rather growing as person, interacting with people, and stuff.. Hachiman's and Yukino's story.. I don't know.. I don't see it as good love story, but maybe that's just me.. If someone can explain me, why is this good love story - tell me.. Only don't tell me about source material or anything.. I want to rate anime, not novel.. If I'll want to go rate novel - I'll read it.. If anime is only additional material, I'll rate is as half-product then it is.. For fans.. But not for people, who can view it as standalone anime.. Can I recommend this anime without source material?.. If not, then not..
Sep 17, 2020 1:36 PM
Jul 2020
YESSSSS
Yui's Ship has finally sunk beyond help.
Only 1 episode remain. It is an honor to be with you all for these entire 3 season.
Sep 17, 2020 1:39 PM
Nov 2019
This is what a confession looks like.
Two people with zero communication skill 😍 man they are so cute 😁😍😍
Sep 17, 2020 1:42 PM

Jun 2020
This is the kind of episode that puts me in a dilemma thinking about what to rate this season lol on one hand, it was the most bored I've been with this series yet, but on the other, it has me feeling sad (like this episode) that the story is finally ending. Idk still might not rate it higher than S1 or S2.
This anime shit is addictive
Sep 17, 2020 1:42 PM

Dec 2017
This episode was a mistake.
Sep 17, 2020 1:47 PM

Mar 2016
This was perhaps the most satisfying moment I’ve ever seen in all of anime and possibly all of fiction.

Sure, it was a bumpy ride there, but the payoff was worth all that trouble imo.

P.s. feels bad for Yui, though.
Sep 17, 2020 1:50 PM
May 2020
THIS IS THE POTATO, TEAM YUKINO 4 EVER. A COMERLA YUI FANS
Sep 17, 2020 2:06 PM
Mar 2018
Hellooo_Theeree said:
Bois this is it, it's been an honor riding this ship with you all, but alas we must call this adventurous journey to an ending and let the true girl win the war... We Yahallost...

It has been a wild ride but sadly it came to an end.

It's really sad to see this series end.

Sep 17, 2020 2:12 PM

Jul 2015
I've been waiting 7 years for this moment.... and it was worth it!
Sep 17, 2020 2:16 PM

Jun 2011
Sensei scene was the best though.

Now I just hope she gets her OVA or something, it would be awesome.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 17, 2020 2:18 PM

Mar 2018
Well this is easily the best episode of the season and at least Top 3 in the series. Really loved this, wished the whole season was as good as this ep. Hope the final ep is just as good.
Sep 17, 2020 2:26 PM

Jan 2018
Right, Hiratsuka-sensei being supportive. Saying "I love you" to Hachiman feels so sweet yet so painful. Still remembering Episode 8 of S2.

One more cry for Yuigahama, another painful moment for her. Hachiman just cannot let it slide about his future with Yukinoshita.

Finally, my boi Hachiman did it. Somehow, that confession felt weird to me due to the words they've been using. Scratch that, it was the only for Hachiman's confession to work. But, it is understandable because they cannot express it so straightforward.

Yukinoshita finally accepting it. So sweet. Oregairu is finally going to end next week? I hope the send-off will be proper.
Nainu_Sep 17, 2020 2:31 PM
Sep 17, 2020 2:34 PM
Aug 2020
hentib0i said:
This has to be one of the best anime ep ive watched. I was just abt to sleep, now i cant cus im hyped as fuck for a fictional couple XD. srs tho i cant sleep *help*, i need to talk abt oregairu with someone, anyone down?

That's what the forum is for.
Just start a new discussion or continue an old one.
Sep 17, 2020 2:49 PM

Aug 2019
holy shit I definitely didn’t see that coming from literally the beginning of the season, looks like i’m in the minority with people that didn’t loved this episode. Well i’m just glad I can finally just put this show in the completed section and get it over with next week.
snowykevinSep 17, 2020 2:56 PM
Sep 17, 2020 2:51 PM

Jun 2020
well...shit

can't say i saw this coming about 10,927 km away but im still sad that it happened

as the guy above me said "we yahallost"

I know. It’s all wrong. By rights we shouldn’t even be here. But we are.

Sep 17, 2020 2:53 PM
Jul 2018
The confession itself was good, this whole season has just been all over the place with pacing and direction that this episode didn't get any kind of emotion from me.
Sep 17, 2020 2:53 PM
Sep 2020
Bandulf said:
hentib0i said:
This has to be one of the best anime ep ive watched. I was just abt to sleep, now i cant cus im hyped as fuck for a fictional couple XD. srs tho i cant sleep *help*, i need to talk abt oregairu with someone, anyone down?

That's what the forum is for.
Just start a new discussion or continue an old one.

yeah just figured it out lol. Never used mal for this tho so didnt know haha. but its ok tho i calmed down, ill sleep with a good thought. lez go 8man
Sep 17, 2020 3:07 PM
Mar 2019
so god episode.

i swear in future do ovas of the novels includes in the blue Rays of the anime
Sep 17, 2020 3:15 PM
Jan 2019
Oof what a great episode that was! Yui supporter from the beginning but I can't say I didn't expect things to go that way. Nevertheless feeling very happy for Yukino right now!
Sep 17, 2020 3:33 PM

Jan 2013
Wrong choice 8man, wrong choice.
Sep 17, 2020 3:39 PM
Jun 2014
Can't wait to rewatch the three seasons all at once.. man that episode was something.
Sep 17, 2020 3:53 PM
Jan 2020
Thus episode was a roller coaster of emotions , starting from light and heartful moment of sensei and my boi hikigaya , to emotions tear breaking moment with yui , to light comedic moment for iroha and zaimikuza , intellect rundown of hachiman and yukino family and that last confession and both yukino and hachiman admitting their feeling.

Truly the best so of season and by far my fav
Sep 17, 2020 3:56 PM

Mar 2019
Yes, this is the beautiful ending that comes. From the very part where 8man catches her hand every part of the story began to conclude in a beautiful way, and at last bringing her hand back to himself we found how wrong his youth romantic love comedy was. I read some posts from the readers of the light novel. Hoping to read it, to find out what beauty might have been left in the anime adaptation.
If there was no one else within a 5-kilometer radius from Shimamura, and she was in a deep sleep and an all-knowing deity just happened to reassure me that she wasn’t going to wake up the next 24 hours, maybe I’d get bored after 23 hours and I might kiss her once to relieve some boredom...
Sep 17, 2020 4:02 PM

Jul 2019
Finally! This was a good episode overall.

-[ ~♫~ ll Credit ]-
Sep 17, 2020 4:05 PM

Apr 2014
YUI LOST. NOOOOOOOOOO ;( even though we all knew it was gonna happen anyway. Still a great episode regardless, the dialouge in this episode was a lot smoother than other episodes. Sometimes I feel like im watching an anime that only people with an IQ of 200 will fully understand, but this episode's dialouge felt a lot smoother and easier to follow.

Mod Edit: Removed baiting.
anime-primeSep 29, 2020 2:35 AM
Sep 17, 2020 4:17 PM

May 2020
In my opinion this might've been the best episode of this season, amazing dialogue between Hiratsuka, Yui, Yukino and Hachiman.
That bridge scene was just amazing, it had the perfect atmosphere, good camera-shot and really good song to back it up, one of the best Oregairu scenes I've seen, really emotional.
And well, Yui lost, F for all my Yui comrades. I also supported her until the very end. :(
And for the last time, one more episode to go lads.

Sep 17, 2020 4:22 PM

Jul 2020
Yep, this is it folks.

The best confession scene in anime period.

I have no words to describe how I'm feeling right now. Thank you studio feel. Even though your adaptation wasn't the best, this episode was perfect in my opinion.

All the feels. My kokoro can't take it. Yukino fans. BANZAAAAAIIIIIIII
krukroooSep 17, 2020 4:58 PM

I accept random friend requests!
Sep 17, 2020 4:41 PM

Oct 2017
WOW just WOW. What an episode 5/5!!

Finally the scene I've been waiting for and it was adapted so great! Yukino x Hachiman :D

One of the best confessions I have seen in anime! A confession without saying I love you. Amazing :)
Sep 17, 2020 4:45 PM

May 2020
can anyone explaining to me what haruno's motive in this season lol something i hate her but hmmm
Sep 17, 2020 4:50 PM
Mar 2015
That confession made me cry
Sep 17, 2020 4:50 PM

Apr 2019
YOOOOO that was such a great episode!! I mean that really sucks for Yui, like it really does and I feel that, but Hachiman x Yukino baby, lets gooo!!!!!!
Gahhh I loved it so much! Honestly, probably my favorite episode.

That was such a great confession, and done in such a Hachiman/Yukino way. Gah and without saying "I love you" too. One of the, if not, best confessions I've seen in an anime.

Also the continued Hiratsuka scene was great too.

Also also, we finally get the Yukino version of the ED which was so good.

God I can't wait for next weeks episode! I'm way too excited!!!
arcticmontysSep 17, 2020 4:57 PM
Sep 17, 2020 5:00 PM

Apr 2019
I literally had tears of joy , I was just so fucking happy man , really lovedd it.
Pages (9) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Kan Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

cchigu - Sep 10, 2020

166 by ViSpace »»
Today, 7:35 AM

Poll: » Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Kan Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

cchigu - Sep 3, 2020

222 by ViSpace »»
Today, 7:04 AM

Poll: » Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Kan Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

cchigu - Aug 27, 2020

215 by ViSpace »»
Today, 1:09 AM

Poll: » Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Kan Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

cchigu - Aug 20, 2020

244 by ViSpace »»
Jun 3, 9:18 PM

» Hachiman ended up with (Spoilers) right ❓❓❓

neel_senpai - May 30

11 by taiseiyosankai »»
Jun 3, 8:16 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.