Forum Settings
Forums

One anime made by a "bad" studio you wish would've been made by a "good" one.

New
Aug 9, 2020 9:15 AM

Jun 2019
So that's the question I'd like you to think about. Maybe something that had potential but was picked up by a not so talented team. Or an anime you'd really like to see how it would have turned out if handled by a more competent studio. Whatever your heart feels fits the question.
Aug 9, 2020 9:22 AM

May 2020
FSN 2006 should have been made/remake by Ufotable.
" Kindness can sometimes lead you to trouble. "

Aug 9, 2020 9:31 AM
Jul 2018
Berserk remake should have been adapted by some good studio.
Aug 9, 2020 9:37 AM

Jun 2016
The animation in knights of sidonia is so bad it's distracting sometimes.
I wouldn't mind if it was made by the same studio but a few years later. The show with the dragons they made recently shows that they now have the technical ability to make something decent looking.
MEA·MENTVLA·INGENS·EST
Aug 9, 2020 9:38 AM

Apr 2015
Just limited to one? I'm thinking two, both second seasons

One Punch Man by JC Staff and Log Horizon by Studio Deen. Both succesfully turned me off from the franchise entirely and made me very apathetic towards any new seasons and merchandise.
Aug 9, 2020 9:40 AM

Jan 2013
First thing that comes to mind is Rewrite. It's my all time favorite visual novel and the anime was mediocre at best. Should have had White Fox make it since they did the into thing for the visual novel. I guarantee it would have been way better than this.
Aug 9, 2020 9:41 AM

Dec 2018
I guess One Piece could end up with better studio. In 25 episodes per year system ( half year airing, half year pause ) and so go on.
Aug 9, 2020 9:41 AM

Dec 2015
I feel like there would be much more hype for *Golden Kamuy* had it been made by a "big" studio like Bones or Madhouse. The animation is really mediocre except some nice reaction faces, especially when it comes to the Bears. If you've seen the show you know what I mean ;)

But the great Story makes up for that though so it's definetly worth watching in my opinion!
Aug 9, 2020 9:45 AM

Mar 2015
Something something Fate/Stay Night...

Also OPM season 2 by Bones pls.
Aug 9, 2020 9:56 AM
Apr 2018
Nanatsu no taizai season 3

The animation was even more worst then I expected it to be I mean it was almost like the all powerfull sin of pride have no pride at all just plz... give the production back to A1 picture ... Studio Deen can't handle the wrath of this series
Dhawalr40Aug 9, 2020 10:02 AM
Aug 9, 2020 10:01 AM

May 2019
Love Live shouldn't have been adapted by Sunrise. I'm so sick of their CGI.
Aug 9, 2020 10:09 AM
Sep 2019
God please i heard that a second season of arifureta was comming so please for the sake of my eyesight not dropping any lower get someone who at least knows how to use c.g like i know it's the most basic edgy isekai out there but i had fun reading it
Aug 9, 2020 10:13 AM

Jan 2019
Index. I mean I wouldn't say JC is a bad studio, they're doing really well with Railgun, but Index could've been much better, and perhaps with another studio.
Aug 9, 2020 10:27 AM

Jun 2020
One Piece definitely, Toei is a big piece of shit. And SDS season 3, I wouldn't call Deen bad but other studios could've done better in their situation.

I said keep your hands on the table
Aug 9, 2020 10:32 AM

Jun 2019
misaka-9982 said:
Index. I mean I wouldn't say JC is a bad studio, they're doing really well with Railgun, but Index could've been much better, and perhaps with another studio.
Now you made me wanna watch Railgun lol. Fate stay/night from Deen to Ufotable and One Punch Man from J.C Staff to Bones seem popular, that makes sense. I don't personally think they made Fate any better, but maybe Tsukihime from J.C Staff to Ufotable would have been an upgrade. Poor Deen and J.C though.
Aug 9, 2020 10:33 AM

Oct 2010
Zero G didn't get the gist of Grand Blue, JC Staff would have been better, just look at Prison School and Shimoneta.
Aug 9, 2020 10:36 AM
Aug 2018
Cop Craft
I really liked the whole premise of the show. Fantasy/reverse isekai, combined with police noir/crime drama combined wtih political thriller, set in a modern day city with violent crime, drugs, human trafficking ,etc...
The characters and designs by Range Murata were great, too.

BUT...the studio behind this show was clearly not up to the task. Some of the worst production values I've seen in recent years. It was barely watchable. If only it'd been made by a proper studio it could've been really good.

Aug 9, 2020 10:37 AM

Nov 2013
Not a bad studio per se, but another studio would probably have made a good adaptation of Rosario + Vampire.
You're a louse, Roger Smith. - R. Dorothy Wayneright
This is my fight! No Senpai, this is our fight! - Kojou Akatsuki & Yukina Himeragi
Aug 9, 2020 10:38 AM
May 2015
misaka-9982 said:
Nah, they just need a better director to helm the Index series. If Nagai directed Index then it probably would have been as good as Railgun, maybe even better.

Railgun is proof that JC Staff is a somewhat competent studio when they try. I just don't understand why they put so much care and effort in a spin-off series than the main series..Not that I care since I prefer Railgun over Index.

Aug 9, 2020 11:06 AM

Jul 2019
Berserk and Kengan Ashura.

Well, we all know what kind of a mess Berserk 2016 and 2017 was. Like David Production or Studio Wit could do a pretty good adaptation of it

Kengan Ashura. It is probably my favourite manga and it has a community that I am actively a part of. But the thing is, the anime is way worse than the manga. It is done in 3D animation but it is pretty good but it is not Orange Level 3D. And of course they did skip a lot of content. They cut few characters and fights. And some of the characters are a relevant part of the story and somewhat important towards the end. They also had to change some contexts here and there due to the missing characters. Well, I do think the 3D was a fine choice in a sense since the art style in very detailed. If a small studio would do it 2d it would end up like Baki 2018. So basically shit animation and lots of still images since drawing the characters in high detail in action is hard. I guess David Pro or Wit could handle it very well.
Aug 9, 2020 11:52 AM

Feb 2016
I wish Deen had made the older Rozen Maiden, because they did a good job with the newer one.

ef is based on a game by Makoto Shinkai’s game studio. Comix Wave Films should have been the studio to adapt it, rather than Shaft.
ใใฎ็›ฎใ ใ‚Œใฎ็›ฎ๏ผŸ
Aug 9, 2020 2:18 PM

Jun 2019
I think "Kamisama Kazoku" would've been so nice if it was done at Shaft. I really like the original character designer (Durarara!, Yozakura Quartet) and the adaptation does have its artistic qualities and bright moments, but with someone like Tatsuya Oishi on the helm it could've been something else. I still have to watch Ef, maybe their style didn't fit the show.
Aug 9, 2020 5:29 PM

Nov 2016
Give Tokyo ghoul to a studio that actually cares about its story instead of making it another quick cash grab. Production ฤฐG might give us a good junji Ito story and make us forget that abomination we got in 2018 (keeping my fingers crossed). Like always I also wanted to say berserk but it and vagabond are just fine on paper at this point.
Aug 10, 2020 1:08 AM
TNC Creator

Feb 2016
Old Higurashi no Naku Koro ni looked pretty bad at times imo. Would've preferred it being done by another studio with better quality control. Although I could tolerate the "quality" jumps from episode to episode, the entire art change from S1 to S2 was a bit much for me.
Aug 10, 2020 4:45 AM

Oct 2017
Can I name more than 1 plzzz? There're just too many...

1. Karakuri Circus (God awful adaptation. Manga beats it by 100000 times)

2. Shinsekai Yori. (Yes I know the plot is good, the plot carries the bad animation. If A1 spend enough budget on this show like they spend on the shit show SAO it'd become god status show)

3. Nakanohito Genome [Jikkyouchuu] (They freaking erased all the relevant plot to main story and only show the bare service level of the show)

4. Mahou Sensei (cmon, can't this show get a proper adaptation that's not complete shit?)

Aug 10, 2020 5:05 AM

Jul 2020
It's not aired yet but if the studio for the AoT finale had been my choice then I would have given it to Madhouse
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 10, 2020 5:18 AM

Sep 2017
One Piece, probably. A cleaner, more beautiful and correctly paced version would be way more enjoyable

Also Tokyo Ghoul, only the first season was good, then it went completely downhill

Arifureta, giving it to Silver Link would have been a great idea

One Punch Man S2, that should have remained produced by Madhouse

Aug 10, 2020 5:22 AM

Nov 2016
In most cases that annoyed me personally it had less to do with lack of talent, but with questionable decisions and shitty planning in general. Who the fuck gave the go for Karakuri Circus and Tower of God? What's the point of rushing through source material like that?(rhetorical question)

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Aug 10, 2020 5:27 AM
Mar 2018
This will probably be a normie answer but nanatsu no taizai season 3.
Escanor fights are some of my favourite fight ever and I was thrilled to see him fight meliodas.

And tokyo ghoul... Because it's shit

Aug 10, 2020 5:38 AM

May 2015
Goddamn Umineko. Deen made such a good job capturing the horror of Higurashi, but Umineko isn't as much of a horror and that's why it failed miserably. I do know it is not easy to adapt it, but that's why it should have been given to a studio that has experience with a different kind of approach to story telling. I have been imagining an at least decent adaptation from Shaft, maybe going into the Monogatari direction of hard-to-adapt source materials.
Aug 10, 2020 5:43 AM

Oct 2017
Qualidea Code, like the show is 8/10 I had to give 7/10 just because of the art, It's the only show that I downgrade a point because of technical issues.
Bonus: Berserk, but that is more likely to happen.

More topics from this board

» What are the most iconic anime scenes

Gashadokur0 - May 29

14 by Pg13_ »»
2 minutes ago

» Which anime do you think deserves a reboot or continuation, and why?

Gashadokur0 - May 29

30 by Adnash »»
6 minutes ago

» What does your waifu expect of you?

SgtBateMan - Today

21 by SgtBateMan »»
26 minutes ago

» Misconceptions about anime in general or specific titles that continue to spread despite everything

RobertBobert - May 26

29 by FanofAction »»
30 minutes ago

» What is an "ironic weeaboo"?

IdeDial - 6 hours ago

8 by Kenzolo-folk »»
42 minutes ago
Itโ€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.