Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Jul 15, 2020 10:00 PM

Nov 2010
So I just watched the introduction and my first 'eh?' moment was when she mentioned a vaccine. After humanity already went to shit isn't it a bit late for a preventative measure like a vaccine? 0.o
Jul 15, 2020 10:40 PM

Mar 2019
All the expectations dissapeared inmediatly...

Finally a new horror series...

But maybe the worst one in the entire year...

Nyan-Pasu!... [ Ara Ara ] [ Waifus ]
Jul 15, 2020 11:19 PM
Jul 2020
the animation is ok for me, it giving me 2012 vibe but the dialogue straight up bad and the plot feels primitive, maybe in the next episode it'll be good
Jul 16, 2020 12:40 AM
Aug 2018
I'm interested in the world but by god the characters are just "meh"
But that's just like... my opinion... man
Jul 16, 2020 12:44 AM
May 2019
nah i did not like it, it seems like a too much ? i mean deadly disease + monsters + time leaping + samurai n ninja ????
too stuffed for one plot
Jul 16, 2020 12:47 AM

Dec 2015
I do not dislike it. Can't understand some negative comments. Though I understand the score distribution. (6s and 7 seem the most atm, might end up with a lower 6.xx.)

From reading the description (Final Fantasy guy, Resident Eveli guy and Shamisen group) this makes sense lol. Virus = Resident Eveil. Sword guys: FF also had sword users and FFVII was futuristic with Jenova some weird monster. Shamisen group ... I noticed them in the OP.

I like samurai and I usuallly don't like the virus setting. They probably thought virus (which a lot of guys think is cool) wasn't cool enough. So they mixed samurai in it. And I think that won't play a big role. (Unless they are immune for some reason lol.) Just the past story and time travel and then no more big story importance. Other than them using archaic language. (Which I like.) That's maybe why they wanted to deal with it fast and having the others accept it fast. I am okay with that.

Funny thing: I noticed the sound (which I like) and the water dripping at the very beginning (bathroom of Cathleen). Then I thought "water again ... Samurai in the boad". And then the opening which showed it. Weird? They used it as explaination later then. But I wonder how many noticed water dripping in bathroom + samurai (boat) and wondered already ... only to wonder more when seeing it in the opening (dripping water) again and being more curious about it then.

Openig has some weird other guy I think ... and the doc seems weird (cheap VA voice though I find it not bad in that situation :D) ... I guess this might turn into some shounen-ish action plot I can enjoy cause of the samurai stuff.

Felt a bit like Guilty Crown (that was also futuristic I think? can't remember it well) ... maybe Blassreiter also similar.
Jul 16, 2020 1:00 AM

May 2017
I have a several questions, why time travelers?, why viruses turn people into monsters and where do they come from?, why is 2030 not 2020?? erbserhsnjshrtyxdgvhytm 2 7 4 3 2 9 wehbyesr5yshgr
Jul 16, 2020 1:01 AM

Feb 2019
This episode was so terrible that I've ended up having fun watching it.
Great start, it was almost as if they were aware it's gonna be a failure, so they've decided to use every possible idea in this first episode so we won't miss anything in case we drop the series. I'm still curious about how the cheerleader heroine is going to find the cure for this horrible CGI disease, but I hope that someone will tell me someday, 'cause I'm not patient enough to keep watching the next episodes.
Oh, God - the lives people try to lead. Oh, God - what a world they try to lead them in!

Jul 16, 2020 2:51 AM

Aug 2012
Garbage anime to promote forced vaccination. Vaccination never worked and is time to stop this madness
Jul 16, 2020 3:51 AM

Sep 2015
kuroneko99 said:
It's unlikely that people believe the time travel nonsense in an instant. Also the monster transformed from a human radically violates mass conservation law.

It is just cell multiplication, it was clearly explained. It is like when someone has cancer. People hardly questioning time travelling samurai was laughable though
Jul 16, 2020 4:45 AM
Propmaker/Etsy

Jun 2014
So it's pretty bad.. CGI was really bad in the fight scene
Story doesn't really make any sense but I'll keep watching till episode 3 or 4
Jul 16, 2020 5:37 AM

May 2019
Yeah, not the best. The themes are intriguing and have the potential to be fleshed out, but the dialogue, choreography, animation, worldbuilding and most importantly the characterisation leaves a lot to be desired.

Either way, I'll keep watching, and I think this has a possibility of not flopping.

We don't know what kind of people we truly are until the moment before our deaths.
As death comes to embrace you, you will realise what you are.
That's what death is, don't you think?

------------------------------------
Itachi Uchiha
Jul 16, 2020 7:04 AM

Mar 2016
I found this kind of fun. The animation and art also have an odd charm.

I didn't quite like the girl's design. Her hairstyle seems odd.

The characters seem to accept the time travel thing too easily, as if it happens regularly. That felt really awkward. I would have just assumed these people were otakus.

The long-haired doctor's voice really didn't match his design. lol.

So far, it does seem like they have put a good enough effort in world building. Hope the setting is even more expanded upon.

This story takes place in the future, has a disease that turns humans into monsters, and contains time travel. However I look at it, I can't imagine this being good, but I found the episode fun, so I want to see if this can actually be a good anime. I mean, someone decided to pay for this after this was pitched!
Jul 16, 2020 7:39 AM

Mar 2019
I thought this was pretty enjoyable for what it was. I kinda like the fact but the other characters in the present or the future I guess just kind of accept that time traveling samurai is a thing because "This is the apocalypse that nobody freaking cares". I really like the character designs and considering who designed them originally That's a plus. The CG was a bit distracting but it's something I can get used to. Hopefully this will just be a entertaining little original that doesn't try to go crazy with over complex plot. Listeners already burned me bad during spring so it'd be nice to have another original this year that I can praise.
Jul 16, 2020 8:43 AM
Jul 2018
It's a kinda cool concept that definitely COULD have potential.
Dialogue and the way everyone believes the two is sketchy and leads me to believe it will be terrible writing the whole time, but it's only one episode.

3d animation on the monsters seems more stylistic and contrasted with the rest of the 2d, I see no issues :p.

Jul 16, 2020 8:58 AM

May 2012
Good 1st episode

Cute blond girl
badass samurai MC
Jul 16, 2020 9:50 AM
Mar 2010
The moment I decided to add this to my dropped list.

Jul 16, 2020 10:03 AM

Apr 2016
This seems to be pretty bad. I'm not sure, I'll give this show another one or two episodes but I do think I'll drop it.
Jul 16, 2020 10:35 AM

Jan 2017
This sounded so promising with the production credits. But nope, this is dropped.
Fair enough, there is a crazy virus.
Fair enough, there is a crazy virus turning people into monsters.
Considering this, how the hell did time travel become a variable; transporting a samurai and a ninja from the Edo period to the year 2030... and most of the characters we've been introduced to find it perfectly normal.

I kid you not:
Main girl: where are you two from
Two dudes: the edo period
Main girl: you're a samurai?
Two dudes: him yes, I'm a ninja
Main girl: that makes sense

Say what now.
tidoesstuffJul 16, 2020 10:41 AM
Jul 16, 2020 10:48 AM
Sep 2018
this shit is so bad im physically sick while watching it...
Jul 16, 2020 11:08 AM

May 2018
Looks like my weekly dose of trash, hmm.
I really liked the first scene with the girl in the bathroom though, I mean aesthetically. It had some 90s/early 2000s vibe, and actually all character designs look... old. It's a good thing for me, but voices are kinda meh, especially doctor, he sounded like an old man, wtf.
I don't like samurai themes so I actually was happy that they got teleported to the future, lol. And yeah... MC immediately supposing that they were from the past - okay, maybe, but believing that they're not infected? I swear this attitude will get half of their camp infected by the middle of the season lol.
OP is boring, ED is ok.
2/5.
P. S. I never care about graphics and animation but these monsters were unbelievably ugly even for me.
Jul 16, 2020 11:24 AM

Aug 2017
I didn't disliked it. But I agree that the animation is quite bad and the CGI is terrible, but I've seen worse, and I think I can see past it. I've seen the premise of the show quite a few times (the virus is quite similiar to the T virus, I think), but I'll give it a shot.

And I think I'd also belive in the time-traveler-samurai thing if regular people are turning into monsters in my neigborhood.
ZenielDanakuJul 16, 2020 11:31 AM
Jul 16, 2020 12:36 PM

May 2019
Oh boy, this is probably my hate watch of the season.
Main girl doesn't even question dudes coming from the past, suuuuure.
And yes, the animation sucks. It's pretty obvious that they're cutting corners with this one hahaha.

Jul 16, 2020 1:08 PM

Jul 2019
"Hello, I am a Samurai and this is my Shinobi companion. We got lost and want to go back to Edo."

Everday Japanese person: "Oh, that is totally sugoi desu. Here have a place to rest, some tea and my father figure will soon be back with a katana for you."

These are layers up on layers of stupidity and nothing fits. The best thing was the opening track and the worst were these CG abominations. Depending on how much time I have, I might watch this for the laughs.
Jul 16, 2020 2:15 PM

Jan 2013
Not bad, i'm interested.
Jul 16, 2020 2:23 PM

Dec 2018
HAHAHAHAHA LOL . It was so bad it was funny

It failed with everything. And the out of place characters with their weird conversation was hysterical

This anime try's so hard and that Imo makes it so hilarious. I love comical train-wrecks and cant wait for the next episode

Yuri-CrusaderJul 16, 2020 2:27 PM
Jul 16, 2020 3:09 PM

Mar 2019
It was bad
Atleast they should made an good op
But even i don't like the opening
I dont have much problem if they added bad CGI monster if they could satisfy me by cutting them
Jul 16, 2020 4:04 PM

May 2017
Almost forgot that there was going to be time travel in this series lol looks like we got a hint of the awful CG monsters to come🤢🤢
Jul 16, 2020 4:48 PM

Jun 2013
It was okay. It's a B-rated plot so far.

Funny how the MC samurai looks like he's wearing eye shadow.
臭い-
Jul 16, 2020 5:39 PM

Aug 2018
It left me a mediocre first impression. Main idea isn't horrible, fighters from an older era being "isekaid" to a modern era which fell under a sort of apocalypse. However many negative technical points still appeared : not very accurate voices, soundtrack during the first fight didn't fit so well, use of CGI (is it always a negative point ? Many people would be tempted to answer "yes")...

I'll still give it a try
Jul 16, 2020 6:00 PM

Oct 2015
Weird that they know who patient zero is, but not what the patient came into contact with to start this whole thing.
Jul 16, 2020 8:23 PM

Oct 2019
zoejane said:
Clearly there are many holes in the show. Usually when someone tells you something outrageous like being from a whole different time period people ask lots of questions. Who knows, they could have totally lied about the whole thing. The dialog to me seems like it could get lengthy and whatnot, but who knows. The animation. Oh, the animation. The creatures are laughable. I don't expect much more out of the first episode but I will keep my mind open. Definitely a weird start in my opinion. Bless this show.

I mean granted, these people just experienced a pandemic and are now dealing with humans turning into monsters at the drop of a hat. At that point, hearing two dudes say they came from the past doesn't sound really outrageous. But I agree, the ones that hear they are time travelers just accept it. At least have them play it off as laughs or just show the characters have some doubts. But the animation though, big oof. When I saw the monster, I was like "Boy, why are you so dark? I can barely make out your features because of how dark you are."
The music is alright, I give it a 4-5/10, the art for characters has some kinda old school art to it but the the action scenes and CGI look disappointing so Imma have to say 2/10, the characters still need time to be introduced but so far, I can understand the other groups wary of newcomers but the characters seem to believe the two dudes are time travelers so maybe a 4/10, and the plot, I mean it follows the premise so far. And the current situation really hits close to home, but seeing them try to survive the apocalypse may seem kinda boring since other shows have done the same idea unless they can spice things up. So plot for now I give a 5/10.
"Perfection is perception. For me, humanity's imperfections is what makes it perfect"

Jul 17, 2020 12:13 AM

Oct 2008
they are making a pandemic show with a mash of time travelled samurai & shinobi from Edo huh...looks...clever i think?
4/5.

Jul 17, 2020 12:38 AM
Dec 2019
So for a first episode, it was a bit on the weak side, it seemed to jump a round a bit. a bit of an odd setting, two people time travelled from the past into the future.

im hoping that the series picks up, as the whole people turn into monsters and the last of humanity are trying to find a cure i a really interesting theme.
Jul 17, 2020 5:59 AM

Mar 2010
I already have death flags for the friend of his.Funny how the fml instantly believed he was a samurai in a apocalypse. I'm a bit annoyed with some of the voices or maybe its how they speak :/

This face lol
Jul 17, 2020 7:05 AM

May 2015
Oh man, I'm loving this:
Awesome art style
Decent animation
CGI wasn't bad like I thought it would be
Colors
Covid + zombies = monsters = Gibia = Gibiate
Samurai
Ninja
Time travel
Sci-Fi
I amWe are a legend
Stitch?!
A transformation that reminded me of

The preview made it look terrible but it's anything but that.
Is there anything I don't like about it so far? nothing.
I'm somewhat hyped for this anime.
Jul 17, 2020 8:40 AM

Apr 2016
None of the characters even care about the time travel or even look for an explanation I doubt one will even be offered by the time the anime ends. It was a decent idea and the execution was so terrible. The samurai have literally no questions about any inventions or any bewilderment at anything. They didn't even provide any proof to the MC they were from the past. It was just all glossed over. It literally probably will add nothing to the story that they are from the past that is how bad this anime is going to be.

And the animation looks like dog shit.
Jul 17, 2020 11:23 AM

Aug 2018
The CG is bad but it's not the only thing which sucks.
Both art and animation are bottom-tier.What's with the pink filtered light that randomly shines?
Nobody questioned about the time travel but there's also human turning into CGI abomination so I could kinda pass.
The last few mims were info dump.Do you think a samurai and a ninja from Edo could understand stuff like DNA,VIRUS and EVOLUTION.The show doesn't even know what it wants to do.
Jul 17, 2020 12:23 PM

Jan 2008
Ah, the worst kind of disease, one that turns you into hideous CGI.
Jul 17, 2020 2:14 PM

Dec 2018
Was this an attempt to make a twenty minute show with the budget of a two minute short?
A lot of shows can get by with a pretty underwhelming budget, but it's an uphill battle for an action show. Especially an action show that also wants to have utterly glacial pacing. Dudes travel through time to a post apocalyptic world full of monsters. You wouldn't think that would need two separate five minute info dumps, but that's what eats up half the episode. The whole back half of the episode is just the two dudes patiently sitting there, being lectured. Doesn't even end on some imminent monster attack or anything. The info dump ends, and therefor, so does the episode.

But it's somehow a stronger part of it than the 'action' scene, which is pathetically bad. It's the kind of fight scene where a dude stands there. Then it cuts to a close up of a claw with speedlines. Then an explosion. Then it cuts to the dude in a different location and he explains to nobody in particular that no, despite all appearances, he didn't just teleport (he did teleport), he moved really fast (without moving/being animated at all). Repeat two to three more times and call it a wrap. It's the kind of 'action' that visual novels try to pull. Christ. It's a CGI pig at that, but they can't even animate that moving around.
Jul 17, 2020 2:17 PM
Feb 2019
Ehh, I'm not sure about this, the time travel and the lack of reaction killed it for me.
I can manage the bad CG but the premise is kind of dumb, and the dialogue is even worse.
Pretty disappointed.
Jul 17, 2020 3:58 PM
Jul 2015
Yeah, ehm, no thanks.

Jul 17, 2020 11:08 PM
Review Moderator
Book Princess

Nov 2018
nightcrawlercyp said:
Garbage anime to promote forced vaccination. Vaccination never worked and is time to stop this madness

How exactly did you come to that conclusion? Just because they are looking for a cure, and the best cures for viruses are vaccines doesn't mean that the entire purpose of the anime was to promote forced vaccination. Also, your assumption that vaccination never worked is clearly refuted by historical data. The fact that you (probably) never got measles, mumps, smallpox, diphtheria, rubella, whooping cough, or polio when you were growing up is evidence that vaccination works.

The idea that a virus could mutate a person like that is clearly ridiculous. Also, no doctor worth their salt assumes that just because they have experienced one statistical anomaly in their lifetime means that all other anomalies are suddenly more probable. Ugly anime + no science background research for a pandemic show = dropped.
Every day you can read a book or watch some anime is a good day!
Jul 17, 2020 11:43 PM
May 2019
The show is actually so ridiculous and cringey that it's right up my alley I love it It really reminds me of blue gender and king of thorn since it's dealing with a very similar aspect... Aside from the fucking samurai and ninja coming to the future lmao. The monsters are cringey, cringey enough for me to love
Jul 18, 2020 12:45 AM

Aug 2012
gaussian_ said:
nightcrawlercyp said:

How exactly did you come to that conclusion? Just because they are looking for a cure, and the best cures for viruses are vaccines doesn't mean that the entire purpose of the anime was to promote forced vaccination. Also, your assumption that vaccination never worked is clearly refuted by historical data. The fact that you (probably) never got measles, mumps, smallpox, diphtheria, rubella, whooping cough, or polio when you were growing up is evidence that vaccination works.

The idea that a virus could mutate a person like that is clearly ridiculous. Also, no doctor worth their salt assumes that just because they have experienced one statistical anomaly in their lifetime means that all other anomalies are suddenly more probable. Ugly anime + no science background research for a pandemic show = dropped.

1. vaccines are not cures. Vaccines (assuming they worked) are preventive measures . It infects the body with a similar weaker or dead virus to develop antibodies. If you are already sick it will just make things worse.
2. There are generally no cures as far as I know for viruses. At most you can treat the symptoms and let the body fight it off, at worst you isolate the infected and those that survive gain immunity, those that die are burned or buried deep.
3. I never got those and neither got the vaccines.
4. With the exception of really inbred people and those that live in filthy conditions most of those viruses never posed any threat to anyone . They were considered normal. You staid two weeks at home in isolation did not scratch and that was that.
5. Diphtheria is caused by a bacteria not a virus and antibiotics solved that problem not vaccines.
6. polio was only a problem when a lot of people were living in very bad conditions i.e. damp humid and cold locations. Improvement of living conditions solved that not vaccines. Proper living conditions and proper food allowed the vast majority of people not to develop severe cases.
7. A retro-virus lab created could technically mutate a person to that level but it would generally be gradual over a number of years or at least months. The only way it could happen instantly would be if it is not a virus but a parasite that uses the human as incubator like wasps use spiders sometimes.
8. About statistical anomaly it depends how much it affected you on an emotional level and considering she is a small girl... but to put it plainly is called confirmation bias
9. Quarantine , better housing conditions meant the chance of a real pandemics was almost eliminated. The real pandemics I was expecting (as opposed to the fake cv19) would have been of VD. There was a big surge of antibiotic resistant VD in more liberal countries.
Jul 18, 2020 1:18 AM
Review Moderator
Book Princess

Nov 2018
nightcrawlercyp said:
1. vaccines are not cures. Vaccines (assuming they worked) are preventive measures . It infects the body with a similar weaker or dead virus to develop antibodies. If you are already sick it will just make things worse.
2. There are generally no cures as far as I know for viruses. At most you can treat the symptoms and let the body fight it off, at worst you isolate the infected and those that survive gain immunity, those that die are burned or buried deep.
4. With the exception of really inbred people and those that live in filthy conditions most of those viruses never posed any threat to anyone . They were considered normal. You staid two weeks at home in isolation did not scratch and that was that.
5. Diphtheria is caused by a bacteria not a virus and antibiotics solved that problem not vaccines.
6. polio was only a problem when a lot of people were living in very bad conditions i.e. damp humid and cold locations. Improvement of living conditions solved that not vaccines. Proper living conditions and proper food allowed the vast majority of people not to develop severe cases.
7. A retro-virus lab created could technically mutate a person to that level but it would generally be gradual over a number of years or at least months. The only way it could happen instantly would be if it is not a virus but a parasite that uses the human as incubator like wasps use spiders sometimes.
8. About statistical anomaly it depends how much it affected you on an emotional level and considering she is a small girl... but to put it plainly is called confirmation bias
9. Quarantine , better housing conditions meant the chance of a real pandemics was almost eliminated. The real pandemics I was expecting (as opposed to the fake cv19) would have been of VD. There was a big surge of antibiotic resistant VD in more liberal countries.

1 - Correct.
2 - Also correct, with the exception of treating Hepatitis C. Antivirals can also help with influenza and some herpes virus infections.
3 - I assume that's correct :) The decreases in prevalence of those diseases in the population as a result of vaccination, a.k.a. herd immunity, helps protect unvaccinated individuals from infection.
4 - Measles has a sub 1% death rate. Mumps death rate is even lower. Smallpox is a threat to anyone who got it. Diphtheria also has a high death rate if untreated. Rubella had a low death rate, but causes birth defects if caught by a pregnant woman. Whooping cough is primarily dangerous to very young children, and can be treated with antibiotics since it is caused by bacteria. Polio has a low death rate but has nasty side effects in some cases, including side effects that may not surface until later in life.
5 - Diphtheria is caused by a bacteria, but antibiotics don't help much since it is the toxin that kills, much like tetanus. Treatment with the antitoxin was developed prior to antibiotics and worked quite well (the antitoxin is essentially an indirect vaccination, using horse antibodies against the toxin.)
6 - Polio was a problem throughout the U.S. in the 50's until the vaccine was developed, not just a problem in areas with bad living conditions.
7 - I find this unlikely, since messing with DNA often has unpredictable side effects, but I guess it is maybe possible in the future. The parasite choice would have been more palatable for this anime.
8 - I was referring to the doctor's acceptance of their time travel, not the girl's acceptance.
9 - Quarantine and better housing conditions have both done a lot to combat infectious disease in the world, but leaving vaccination out of the picture doesn't make sense to me. A VD pandemic has already spread throughout the world (HIV) and I wouldn't be surprised to see future VD pandemics. You are correct in that you could consider antibiotic resistant VD to be a pandemic, in particular gonorrhea.
Jul 18, 2020 2:32 AM

Aug 2012
gaussian_ said:
nightcrawlercyp said:

1 - Correct.
2 - Also correct, with the exception of treating Hepatitis C. Antivirals can also help with influenza and some herpes virus infections.
3 - I assume that's correct :) The decreases in prevalence of those diseases in the population as a result of vaccination, a.k.a. herd immunity, helps protect unvaccinated individuals from infection.
4 - Measles has a sub 1% death rate. Mumps death rate is even lower. Smallpox is a threat to anyone who got it. Diphtheria also has a high death rate if untreated. Rubella had a low death rate, but causes birth defects if caught by a pregnant woman. Whooping cough is primarily dangerous to very young children, and can be treated with antibiotics since it is caused by bacteria. Polio has a low death rate but has nasty side effects in some cases, including side effects that may not surface until later in life.
5 - Diphtheria is caused by a bacteria, but antibiotics don't help much since it is the toxin that kills, much like tetanus. Treatment with the antitoxin was developed prior to antibiotics and worked quite well (the antitoxin is essentially an indirect vaccination, using horse antibodies against the toxin.)
6 - Polio was a problem throughout the U.S. in the 50's until the vaccine was developed, not just a problem in areas with bad living conditions.
7 - I find this unlikely, since messing with DNA often has unpredictable side effects, but I guess it is maybe possible in the future. The parasite choice would have been more palatable for this anime.
8 - I was referring to the doctor's acceptance of their time travel, not the girl's acceptance.
9 - Quarantine and better housing conditions have both done a lot to combat infectious disease in the world, but leaving vaccination out of the picture doesn't make sense to me. A VD pandemic has already spread throughout the world (HIV) and I wouldn't be surprised to see future VD pandemics. You are correct in that you could consider antibiotic resistant VD to be a pandemic, in particular gonorrhea.

6. is highly debatable whether vaccination helped or not. Some data show mass vaccination only started when polio was already almost eradicated (similar to the famous event with the native americans) some show the virus was still raging. What is clear is no double blind tests were done for any vaccines and that there epidemics like the one at disneyland a while back show that a) vaccines do not prevent the disease as much as advertised b) one can get infected from the vaccine c) most people can fight those diseases even without the vaccine
9. there were ample reports of antibiotic resistant gonorrhea until this so called pandemics. About HIV is interesting at the beginning only affected gay men. It spread through the rest of the population apparently trough the activity of a few evil gay men that used needles and others to intentionally infect people , there was even a scare because people believed this type of activity to be more large scale than it was. It is also interesting everything points to it being manufactured in the lab, similar to ebola.
Jul 18, 2020 4:18 AM
Review Moderator
Book Princess

Nov 2018
nightcrawlercyp said:
6. is highly debatable whether vaccination helped or not. Some data show mass vaccination only started when polio was already almost eradicated (similar to the famous event with the native americans) some show the virus was still raging. What is clear is no double blind tests were done for any vaccines and that there epidemics like the one at disneyland a while back show that a) vaccines do not prevent the disease as much as advertised b) one can get infected from the vaccine c) most people can fight those diseases even without the vaccine
9. there were ample reports of antibiotic resistant gonorrhea until this so called pandemics. About HIV is interesting at the beginning only affected gay men. It spread through the rest of the population apparently trough the activity of a few evil gay men that used needles and others to intentionally infect people , there was even a scare because people believed this type of activity to be more large scale than it was. It is also interesting everything points to it being manufactured in the lab, similar to ebola.

Although double-blind tests may not have been performed with vaccine, I'm not bothered because I don't think there would be a good way to design a double-blind test for vaccination without intentionally exposing people to an infection. That would clearly violate the do no harm ethic of medicine. It is true that vaccine proponents should be more honest about the fact that a vaccination doesn't guarantee permanent immunity from contracting a disease, and may not confer immunity in some people in rare cases. If a vaccine uses an attenuated virus, you can indeed get infected, which is why immunocompromised individuals can't be vaccinated. However, the likelihood of infection in the average individual is much lower than the likelihood of immunity, so statistically it is safer to vaccinate than to not vaccinate. Many people can indeed fight the diseases without vaccination, which is why vaccination is generally referred to as a public health measure. It does protect the individual, but even more it protects the public by generating herd immunity.

By pandemic of gonorrhea, I was referring to the spread of those initially reported infections throughout the world.

My understanding of HIV spread is a little different. The strain that was predominant in the U.S. (I think it is called HIV-1 in the literature) was primarily spread by gay sex (and still is, though I don't know for certain which strain is predominant in the U.S. right now.) There definitely were some evil men who purposefully spread the disease, but most of the spread happened as a result of consensual sex and illegal drug use where the needle sharing wasn't with the intent of spreading the virus. A second wave of spread occurred through blood donation, primarily clotting factor concentrates since they pooled multiple donors into one product. By contrast, in Africa the HIV-2 strain was dominant, which spread well through heterosexual sex. It's spread was driven in part by prevalent prostitution. That's part of why HIV in Africa caused much more devastation to society, since it spread to everyone instead of just to a subgroup of the population (other factors being lower standard of living and inability to pay for antiretroviral treatments.) The scientific consensus is that HIV spread to humans from chimpanzees, likely in the early 1900's. It spread out of Africa in the 60's (if I recall correctly) and became prevalent enough to be noticed in the 80's. I'm recalling these facts from the book Spillover, which is a nice non-fiction read. It's been a while since I read it, so there may be some details I've missed. I personally don't think HIV was created in a lab, especially since there are clearly two predominant strains (one would think a lab created virus wouldn't show signs of evolutionary divergence,) but it isn't impossible that it was. Ebola seems a better candidate for the argument of a lab-created virus to me since it's natural reservoir host still hasn't been found (though bats are suspected.)
Jul 18, 2020 4:33 AM

Aug 2012
gaussian_ said:
nightcrawlercyp said:

Although double-blind tests may not have been performed with vaccine, I'm not bothered because I don't think there would be a good way to design a double-blind test for vaccination without intentionally exposing people to an infection. That would clearly violate the do no harm ethic of medicine. It is true that vaccine proponents should be more honest about the fact that a vaccination doesn't guarantee permanent immunity from contracting a disease, and may not confer immunity in some people in rare cases. If a vaccine uses an attenuated virus, you can indeed get infected, which is why immunocompromised individuals can't be vaccinated. However, the likelihood of infection in the average individual is much lower than the likelihood of immunity, so statistically it is safer to vaccinate than to not vaccinate. Many people can indeed fight the diseases without vaccination, which is why vaccination is generally referred to as a public health measure. It does protect the individual, but even more it protects the public by generating herd immunity.

By pandemic of gonorrhea, I was referring to the spread of those initially reported infections throughout the world.

My understanding of HIV spread is a little different. The strain that was predominant in the U.S. (I think it is called HIV-1 in the literature) was primarily spread by gay sex (and still is, though I don't know for certain which strain is predominant in the U.S. right now.) There definitely were some evil men who purposefully spread the disease, but most of the spread happened as a result of consensual sex and illegal drug use where the needle sharing wasn't with the intent of spreading the virus. A second wave of spread occurred through blood donation, primarily clotting factor concentrates since they pooled multiple donors into one product. By contrast, in Africa the HIV-2 strain was dominant, which spread well through heterosexual sex. It's spread was driven in part by prevalent prostitution. That's part of why HIV in Africa caused much more devastation to society, since it spread to everyone instead of just to a subgroup of the population (other factors being lower standard of living and inability to pay for antiretroviral treatments.) The scientific consensus is that HIV spread to humans from chimpanzees, likely in the early 1900's. It spread out of Africa in the 60's (if I recall correctly) and became prevalent enough to be noticed in the 80's. I'm recalling these facts from the book Spillover, which is a nice non-fiction read. It's been a while since I read it, so there may be some details I've missed. I personally don't think HIV was created in a lab, especially since there are clearly two predominant strains (one would think a lab created virus wouldn't show signs of evolutionary divergence,) but it isn't impossible that it was. Ebola seems a better candidate for the argument of a lab-created virus to me since it's natural reservoir host still hasn't been found (though bats are suspected.)

1. Herd immunity makes no sense to me. If the vaccine protects you then it should not matter how many people choose not to have the vaccines. As long as it is a choice a person that chooses not to be vaccinated can only infect others that choose not to be vaccinated. If it does not work there is no point of getting vaccinated. If the chances for the vaccine to protect you are lower than 75% (which herd immunity theory implies) and there is a chance for the virus from the vaccine to get re-activated by another virus (like the common flu) then I would rather take those chances. Exception are cases like Africa and India where due to poverty and bad sanitary conditions the chances to get infected without a vaccine from very deadly diseases are quite high.
2. I 100% agree on the HIV thing.
3. I am always skeptical for viruses that pass from animals to humans. Normally these are extremely rare events mainly because the blood structure is extremely different for most animals. Ironically and maybe as a spit in a face of darwinists the animals whose blood is closer to us (and they are similar in group behavioral patterns) are not apes/monkeys but rats.
Jul 18, 2020 8:20 AM
Apr 2015
Nainu_ said:
Alright, I went in blind to this anime. Right now, my expections are in the middle or quite low. 3D animation is really bad, like much more bad than Ajin and Dorohedoro. But, as always I can manage.

I'm quite surprised how they actually believed Sensui and the Shinobi guy that quick. Based on the reasoning from Yoshinaga that it is not since that samurai and a ninja exists in this post-apocalyptic world.

However, that really is illogical, you don't just believe right away. Only Adam reacted that they're crazy. Cathleen and others quickly believed it. To me, in order for their story to check it is to prove it.

Well, that's that. I'll keep watching it.

Dorohedoro is good and much better than Gibate
Dorohedoro have nice 2d animation and great background
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Gibiate Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 30, 2020

79 by SuperAdventure »»
Jun 21, 6:49 PM

Poll: » Gibiate Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 23, 2020

44 by SuperAdventure »»
Jun 21, 6:15 PM

Poll: » Gibiate Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 16, 2020

20 by SuperAdventure »»
Jun 21, 5:47 PM

Poll: » Gibiate Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 2, 2020

26 by SuperAdventure »»
Jun 18, 6:37 PM

» Do you think it's that bad?

KanekiKen523 - Apr 29, 2023

7 by AntiMoba »»
Jun 23, 2023 10:21 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.