Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »
Jun 13, 2020 8:03 AM

Apr 2017
Hunter x Hunter, Monogatari, Steins;Gate. From what I've seen

『 The truth has power because it’s the truth.
And because it is the truth, that makes it just.
It’s persuasive, isn’t it? Don’t you want truth like that? 』

Jun 13, 2020 10:28 AM

Jul 2019
dont know what best fanbase means. a community that isnt toxic or the one that says the same thing about everything? both doesnt sound any good to me.
Jun 13, 2020 11:20 AM

Jul 2019
It's hard to say, but what you should be asking is what popular anime has the least WORST anime because almost all semi-popular animes have a chunk of terrible fanbase culture
Swagernator said:
God damn, another gay thread upon us.
Jun 13, 2020 11:50 AM

Jan 2017
Although I have not seen Jojos, I consider that it has one of the best fan bases in terms of quality, it seems very original and united.

Jun 13, 2020 11:58 AM
Dec 2018
JOJO's has the best fanbase, the only people that get angry at the memes don't know what they mean or where they come from, but thats like half the memes already so it's pretty much perfect
Jun 13, 2020 12:00 PM

Jan 2019
Gintama, Cowboy Bebop and Steins;Gate have pretty sound fanbases. Haikyuu's seems pretty wholesome from what I've gathered as well.

Also I've heard other people find them obnoxious/elitist but as a fan of both, HxH and Monogatari seem alright too
Jun 13, 2020 5:40 PM
Oct 2012
deg said:
Takuto_Shindou said:
If the number one manga in the world got surpassed by a mediocre series thanks to rabid anime-onlys I'd be pissed off too

err the manga sold a lot because of the japanese fandom though, Demon Slayer is very popular and very profitable in japan alone heck ye it surpassed One Piece in yearly sales there
It's still shit, shit is shit even if Ufotable turned it into a pretty pile of shit
Jun 13, 2020 5:47 PM

Jan 2009
Takuto_Shindou said:
deg said:

err the manga sold a lot because of the japanese fandom though, Demon Slayer is very popular and very profitable in japan alone heck ye it surpassed One Piece in yearly sales there
It's still shit, shit is shit even if Ufotable turned it into a pretty pile of shit

err ok so its justifiable for One Piece fandom to shit on Demon Slayer then huh then i would not call One Piece fandom as none toxic at least then
Jun 13, 2020 6:56 PM

Feb 2019
Depends on what you define as best, it can really be anything.
Jun 13, 2020 9:23 PM

Oct 2018
People are actually saying MHA, like, with there whole chest lmao.

I don't hear about or see much controversy regarding Durarara and SAO fanbases though, so probably them.
youtube.com/watch?v=oHg5SJYRHA0
73 6f 6d 65 74 68 69 6e 67 73 20 6f 64 64 20 61 62 6f 75 74 20 6d 79 20 70 72 6f 66 69 6c 65 0d 0a
Jun 13, 2020 9:31 PM

Sep 2016
Any fan base is bad, the only part of the anime fan base that's any good is its memers
Jun 13, 2020 9:44 PM
Jul 2018
If you want an actually funny and chill fandom, then HxH is probably the best.

One Piece's fandom is also decent except for the Instagram users. They post really cringey stuff and argue about ships... but to be honest it can be really entertaining to look through (unlike BNHA's fandom which is usually disgusting). Also, it's funny to see OP fans write about their ridiculous predictions for the manga...
Jun 13, 2020 9:50 PM
Jan 2017
Probably Haikyuu! Everyone is just so kind, chill and supportive of each other and their opinions. It is a very wholseome fandom.
Jun 13, 2020 9:50 PM

Apr 2019
Not a real big fanbase but the Black Clover fanbase is pretty fine
Jun 13, 2020 9:59 PM
Apr 2020
Haikyuu's and Bungou Stray Dogs' have been some of my most pleasurable experiences when it comes to interacting with any form of fanbase. As far as Haikyuu goes, many of the fans seem to all share a similar interest or desire and that is to see all of the characters happy, and the same goes for BSD for the most part. These series are just those that you can't have just 1 favorite character, and I believe that the likeableness of all the characters is something the brings so many fans together in a calmer way. If we take MHA for example, so many of the characters of the show are hit or miss for many people which leads to many debates which get taken out of hands very quickly.
Jun 14, 2020 1:39 AM

Feb 2020
I can't pick one best, but from what I've seen, Haikyuu fans are very nice, so are JoJo fans. A LOT of Bungou Stray Dogs' fans are horny as shit for Dazai and Chuuya, but they're all relatively nice otherwise.

I'm not really active in any of these fandoms though...the anime I'm most "invested" in, I guess, has a dead fanbase.
Jun 14, 2020 3:21 AM

Jul 2019
Steins; Gate. Where as FMA fans retaliated when the top 10 list got messed with, Steins,Gate fans were like: "We sit this one out." If you think your favourite show is an all time classic, you should have the grace to ignore subjective scores.
Jun 14, 2020 3:25 AM

Nov 2015
Well, I'm proud to say I belong to the Steins;Gate fanbase.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 14, 2020 3:40 AM
Jul 2018
xx_ibrahimd_xx said:
Ever since MHA came out it’s been pretty popular, it’s fan base has only been rocketing upwards since then.

are you kidding me ?
mha has one if not then the most toxic fandom out there
One above user said h x h and I very much agree with it , like yesterday I was hearing ed 5 on youtube of h x h where there was a comment about the character development of Gon and Meurem , a guy in the replies disagreed with the comment and typed in his understanding of the chimera ant arc which was pretty off the mark and more than 6 or 7 people were politely explaining him that how he was a bit wrong and what it was really about , but that guy was just not ready to accept it and kept saying how other people were trying to force their opinions on him and was saying a lot of cuss words , still others calmly tried to explain him yet he turned more toxic and then one person lost it and there was a fullout war in the replies which somehow went on to racism , so most people even ones I know personally in h x h fandom are chill but there are quite a few toxic ones also in it .
I got to know that after 500 replies on a comment you can't reply on it and it was the first time I have ever seen so many replies out of which majority was the fight , so as a whole anime community is pretty toxic in itself without specific anime fandoms
If anyone interested in seeing this fight then here you go , fifth comment in the top comments made byxRedhawk -
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=waW3LjX-y4E
Jun 14, 2020 3:48 AM
Aug 2018
The Toaru fanbase is probably the best. They just want their watchable New Testament adaptation. They're very chill with their insane amounts of source material and spin offs.
Jun 14, 2020 3:53 AM

Dec 2019
Akatsuki no Yona has a great fanbase, there's no heated arguing or unnecessary name calling.
Jun 14, 2020 7:45 AM

Feb 2020
I'd say the aot fandom, but with the studio drama from the fourth season now, 'some of them' have overreacted 'a little bit'. yeah no
Else I'd say the Jojo, Fairy Tail and HxH fandoms.
I myself am a part of the hxh fandom yes *cough* BUT
I know others that are and I haven't ever really met anyone in the fandom that was not laid back tbh
so chilled, sorta proud to be part of the fandom lmao
and Jojo- from what I know they'll tell you to watch it every f**king time you have an interaction with them and they know you haven't watched it yet, BUT that's it.
They're trying to recommend what they like and else they're cool.
And Fairy Tail- honestly that fandom is godly.
They know their anime is hated and they think that's sad and they'll tell you that they don't agree if you ask, but they never call out people, they enjoy what they like without disturbing anyone. From what I know they're very sweet, nice people that are just kinda sad that their anime is so hated, but live with it.

I find these three to be a few of the best,yess

Let me know if I misjudged any fandom.

tysm iva-🐢💜

Jun 14, 2020 8:28 AM

Jun 2019
LOGH has a really good fanbase that is pretty open-minded as to which characters you like

بابر بہ عیش کوش کہ عالم دوبارہ نیست

Babur bah aish kosh keh alam dobarah nist.
O' Babur, enjoy yourself to your heart’s content, as there is little chance of your coming to this world again.
Jun 14, 2020 11:50 AM

Mar 2020
Monster. They all intellectuals and truly people of culture. Usually fellow critics and connoisseurs. People which with you can resonate with.
Jun 14, 2020 12:11 PM

Feb 2019
Gintama, k-on! and yuru yuri. You see there is rarely any toxicity in any of these fanbases and even in the best girl wars in the latter two, one doesn't belittle other person's best girl.
Jun 14, 2020 12:34 PM

Sep 2014
I just thought about that. I think I've never seen a toxic Black Clover fan.
Jun 14, 2020 12:42 PM
Nov 2019
I'd say Cowboy Bebop and Haikyuu!!

It all comes down to one thing imo - the more there are fans of a certain thing , the more there will be toxic ones between them.
Jun 14, 2020 2:51 PM

Sep 2014
Dragonland04 said:
xx_ibrahimd_xx said:
Ever since MHA came out it’s been pretty popular, it’s fan base has only been rocketing upwards since then.

are you kidding me ?
mha has one if not then the most toxic fandom out there
One above user said h x h and I very much agree with it , like yesterday I was hearing ed 5 on youtube of h x h where there was a comment about the character development of Gon and Meurem , a guy in the replies disagreed with the comment and typed in his understanding of the chimera ant arc which was pretty off the mark and more than 6 or 7 people were politely explaining him that how he was a bit wrong and what it was really about , but that guy was just not ready to accept it and kept saying how other people were trying to force their opinions on him and was saying a lot of cuss words , still others calmly tried to explain him yet he turned more toxic and then one person lost it and there was a fullout war in the replies which somehow went on to racism , so most people even ones I know personally in h x h fandom are chill but there are quite a few toxic ones also in it .
I got to know that after 500 replies on a comment you can't reply on it and it was the first time I have ever seen so many replies out of which majority was the fight , so as a whole anime community is pretty toxic in itself without specific anime fandoms
If anyone interested in seeing this fight then here you go , fifth comment in the top comments made byxRedhawk -
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=waW3LjX-y4E

Youtube is one of the most toxic place of all, there is no surprise. Anyway, not trying to set a war or anything, but just look at the comment section of this guy https://myanimelist.net/profile/Lockensocke
Jun 14, 2020 3:07 PM

Oct 2015
love live hell is all about the waifus... i'd say that already counts as being the best :p
Jun 14, 2020 3:12 PM

May 2020
Hunter x Hunter for me has the best fanbase, despite the hiatus and delay 🤣👍
Jun 15, 2020 1:58 AM

Mar 2016
Jojo fandom is okay imo, great memes, love it.

Banana fish fandom is not toxic, but it's just crying girls and I feel like that's not really what the show was supposed to be about. But it is true that the only contact I've had with the fanodm was on tiktok where it's mostly girls posting their reactions to episodes and how many hours they cried afterwards.

I also like the Haikyuu fandom, good fanarts, funny memes.

And Hunter X Hunter fanodm is chill. Unlike Hisoka

Jun 15, 2020 3:15 PM
Dec 2015
Gintama, Hajime no Ippo, Monogatari series all cool fanbases
Jun 15, 2020 3:20 PM

Jul 2017
Dont think such a community exists.
Jun 15, 2020 3:23 PM

Dec 2008
MistaAsh said:
One Piece fan boys will eat you alive the moment you say you dont like OP.

That's right. Talk shit about ONE PIECE, and I'll find you and make shawerma out of you.
Jun 15, 2020 4:54 PM

Aug 2009
Ikkitousen, 'cause it's just me.

...I only bother people when I'm bored, and just to be playful, not overly malicious.

Come sit in the shame car with me.

Jun 15, 2020 9:18 PM

Mar 2018
Fairy Tail

Black Clover

Sword Art Online

Out of the dozen or so show subreddits I frequent, I would say these are my favorite. Great fanbases, with great content
Jun 15, 2020 9:22 PM

Apr 2015
haikyuu but recently it's on a downward trend imo

Although we part as I leave for Inaba,
where pines grow on the moutain peaks
If I am to hear that you pine for me
I shall come back to you again
Hyakunin Isshu (小倉百人一首):
Poem #16 "Tachiwakare"
©
Jun 15, 2020 9:33 PM

Aug 2012
I guess it depends of each person point of view about how toxic certain community can be. From my experience, FMA fandom was very chill before Brotherhood, since the "who is the superior" battle didn´t existed yet. Not that I dislike FMAB, it´s a top quality series, but the original is also very dear to me. The fanboys of the latter series are damn annoying and rude towards the 2003 version fans.

I used to be an One Piece fan when few people knew about it. Even then, there were pretty picky and arrogant fans. But it wasn´t that bad, either.

But I certainly know that BNHA fandom will never enter the less toxic list.
"Could you not talk with me? I'm busy breathing."
Jun 15, 2020 11:53 PM

Oct 2017
Most of the CGDCT anime fanbases in my experiance are pretty chill like the ones for Yuru Camp. In general really the answer is anything that isn't overly popular, is very hated (Fairy Tail fanbase and fans of Hiro in general are pretty nice in my experiance) or hasn't cultivate a very hipster elitist fanbase (like LOTGH). There are some exceptions on that last one since anime like Mushishi you think would be like LOTGH fanbase but yeah like some have said it's fanbase is pretty good.

I find it funny that some people said anime like FMA, AOT, MHA, One Piece, JoJo etc those fanbase are incredibly toxic. Once again anything that gets really popular is just going to end up like that.
Jun 16, 2020 12:01 AM

Oct 2019
gintama/h x h probably.

Those who say MHA, why?
Jun 16, 2020 10:01 AM

Jun 2016
That"s a really a good questions. But I'd say a toxic fandom are good. Meaning that when you have a toxic fandom you need to question yourself if the thing you're watching is any good and what is the cause of this toxicity. It should also question you about what you're watching
Jun 16, 2020 6:03 PM
Apr 2020
Probably the steins;gate fanbase tbh. Pretty nice people overall, some other good fanbases are... Jojo sorta? dragon ball maybe discarding the whole "nOW CAn hE BEaT GokU thO", And ummmmmm a few others like the death note and Gurren Lagann ones, but that's about it
Jun 17, 2020 2:31 PM

Sep 2014
Fuzzylumpkins said:
Those who say MHA, why?

Honest question: Is MHA fanbase really that toxic? At least here on MAL I hardly see any MHA fan and the amount of toxicity they need to surpass to other anime fandom is really impressive. I see a lot of hate toward MHA fans and very rarely the other way around.
Aug 30, 2020 7:54 PM
May 2020
Monogatari fanbase . Still wonder how did an anime with 8.9 (9.0 In reddit) rating and various unique waifus didn't have a toxic fanbase
Jan 13, 2021 10:14 PM

May 2020
Gintama probably, I think its the least toxic one
Jan 13, 2021 10:18 PM
Jul 2020
Gintama has a really awesome fanbase.
Jan 13, 2021 10:28 PM
Jul 2020
Hrybami said:
Fuzzylumpkins said:
Those who say MHA, why?

Honest question: Is MHA fanbase really that toxic? At least here on MAL I hardly see any MHA fan and the amount of toxicity they need to surpass to other anime fandom is really impressive. I see a lot of hate toward MHA fans and very rarely the other way around.
They think that their anime is the asteroid thing to hit the planet earth and its the best, oh and they ship a lot of characters, a lot.
Jan 13, 2021 10:44 PM

Mar 2019
What's the least popular anime on Mal?

Anime was it's best 20000 years ago, when cavemen drew art with real depth.
Modern anime is all garbage. I miss great old days of anime.
Jan 13, 2021 10:51 PM

Jun 2020
I like the Jojo fanbase. Thay just believe in posting memes and quoting dialogues from the series. I have never seen a toxic Jojo post.
Jan 13, 2021 10:57 PM

Aug 2017
I don't know, maybe when D Gray Man was popular 15 years ago.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » is there less demand for ecchi, hentai, sexual fanservice this days?

deg - 7 hours ago

25 by cythraul »»
2 minutes ago

» 🎖️Best Protagonist of all time & discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

nirererin - Aug 16

728 by cythraul »»
4 minutes ago

» Why does MAL still use Romaji for Anime Titles When not even the japanese do??? ( 1 2 3 )

Cestlavie_ - Yesterday

133 by Nurguburu »»
5 minutes ago

» What anime would be better if it killed off its main character in order for the secondary main character to shine?

Catalano - 5 hours ago

11 by WaterMage »»
2 hours ago

» Collection of CPM Auditions For Outlanders

RareAnimeHunter - 4 hours ago

4 by RareAnimeHunter »»
2 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.