Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Feb 6, 2020 1:16 PM

Jun 2015
If all it takes is one youtuber to encourage his/her fanbase to upvote/downvote an anime/manga to mess the ratings and scores, and nothing is done about it, all I can do is just ask: Do mods care about this site at all? Is this acceptable in their eyes? Shouldn't they be thinking right now of ways to stop this kind of behaviour? You are losing more credibility every day that passes..
Fortune favours the bold!

This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (13) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Feb 6, 2020 1:18 PM
Feb 6, 2020 1:23 PM
Feb 2020
I find it funny how something shooting up in score "mess with ratings and scores" as if they're some set-in-stone and end-all-be-all truth.

Feb 2020
DeathTheKid4 said:
If all it takes is one youtuber to encourage his/her fanbase to upvote/downvote an anime/manga to mess the ratings and scores, and nothing is done about it, all I can do is just ask: Do mods care about this site at all? Is this acceptable in their eyes? Shouldn't they be thinking right now of ways to stop this kind of behaviour? You are losing more credibility every day that passes..

People have a free will and I don't see anything wrong with that.
Anytime some anituber makes a video people are gonna be influence by it anyway so what difference does this make.
You are just jealous of this anime success.

Ecchi till I die all these loli's call me senpai

(‿!‿) ԅ(≖‿≖ԅ)

Jun 2015

I see, so they actually saw this, I tried to search the forums for some answers from the mods but didn't find any. Glad they seem to be doing something, I hope it will turn out all right.

Feb 6, 2020 1:26 PM

Jun 2015
Fapper said:
DeathTheKid4 said:

Anytime some anituber makes a video people are gonna be influence by it anyway so what difference does this make.

It's a fabricated success lol. It had 7,5 score before. And no sane anituber ever said: go upvote/downvote that specific show. Anitubers recommend or bash anime if they are right in their heads. This nux dude isn't. It isn't even MAL's fault. The war is between Funimation and Ishuzoku Reviewers fans. MAL shouldn't have been dragged in this. Your reasoning is plain wrong.

Feb 6, 2020 1:26 PM

Jul 2017
Wait this whole brigade was done by an anituber? Which one lol
Feb 6, 2020 1:28 PM

Jun 2015
Short_Circut said:

Some Nux Taku guy. He's an annoying af youtuber anyway, but I didn't think he was straight up an idiot.

Feb 6, 2020 4:17 PM

Jun 2015
Lisetto said:
I find it funny how something shooting up in score "mess with ratings and scores" as if they're some set-in-stone and end-all-be-all truth.

If you don't think that 10000 new accounts that rate something a 1/10 or a 10/10 doesn't mean it's messing with the ratings/scores, then you have a problem lol.

Feb 6, 2020 4:28 PM
Dec 2018
DeathTheKid4 said:

Tell me exactly what rule was broken? Show me where in the Terms of Service it says that someone (a legitimate person not a bot) cannot voice their opinion and rate a show 10/10. Why should the mods do anything at all? The added traffic to the site is a good thing, but inevitably they’ll do something because, “these are illegitimate votes from legitimate account.”
Feb 6, 2020 4:30 PM

Jun 2015
rogiedog said:
DeathTheKid4 said:

Tell me exactly what rule was broken? Show me where in the Terms of Service it says that someone (a legitimate person not a bot) cannot voice their opinion and rate a show 10/10.

Dude, the mods already know that a huge number of accounts were created to rate this 10/10 and will adress it. It's not against the rules per se, but it's still wrong because the scores are artificially changed. Hopefully by the end of February it will be fixed and people will find it harder to do shit like this

Feb 6, 2020 4:36 PM
Dec 2018
DeathTheKid4 said:
rogiedog said:

Tell me exactly what rule was broken? Show me where in the Terms of Service it says that someone (a legitimate person not a bot) cannot voice their opinion and rate a show 10/10.

Dude, the mods already know that a huge number of accounts were created to rate this 10/10 and will adress it. It's not against the rules per se, but it's still wrong because the scores are artificially changed. Hopefully by the end of February it will be fixed and people will find it harder to do shit like this

The mods and devs are idiots. Again MAL as a website is a business. The increased traffic to the site with all the new accounts is financially a good thing because it increases revenue through the ads. As long as the new users are not violating Terms of Service, then no sorry they are doing absolutely nothing wrong. As literally so many people have said this doesn’t affect you any way. Please tell me how IR being number 2, or hell number 1 if it makes it there, affect you. Does it someone emotionally distraught you or physically hurt you in some way? Or could it simply be that you cannot stand to see a show that you typically don’t watch, or maybe don’t like, being highly rated?

Btw they haven’t been artificially changed. That would imply that the users voting are bots, and if some are then they should be removed, but the vast majority are real people who have ever right to vote however they feel.
Feb 6, 2020 4:37 PM

Oct 2018
Not enough........................................................................

サディスティックな考え
"JUST KILL ME."
サディスティックマインド
Feb 6, 2020 4:40 PM
Dec 2018
DeathTheKid4 said:
Fapper said:

It's a fabricated success lol. It had 7,5 score before. And no sane anituber ever said: go upvote/downvote that specific show. Anitubers recommend or bash anime if they are right in their heads. This nux dude isn't. It isn't even MAL's fault. The war is between Funimation and Ishuzoku Reviewers fans. MAL shouldn't have been dragged in this. Your reasoning is plain wrong.

Sure take out the bots, it's not like legitimate voters can't vote in the future. And also, don't try to speak for all anime fans,it's a good show, some might enjoy it some might not. So what and to vote is their choice,sure the anituber
give exposure to the anime, and im one of those people who watch it afterwards and i find it to be an interesting show, and i would like to give it 10/10. You might argue "well some of them doesn't even watch the show" how would you know by that? find them then, remove their rating and maybe ask them to watch the show first before they can start voting it, don't make try to generalised all anime fans.
That's all, thank you, plus ultra!
Feb 6, 2020 4:41 PM

Sep 2016
Imagine being sad like this...
bruh
Feb 6, 2020 4:44 PM

Nov 2012
DeathTheKid4 said:
it's still wrong because the scores are artificially changed.

So people rating an anime they like is "artificial" because they were introduced to it by some YouTuber?
ZEHAHAHAHA
Feb 6, 2020 4:44 PM

Jun 2015
rogiedog said:
DeathTheKid4 said:

The mods and devs are idiots. Again MAL as a website is a business. The increased traffic to the site with all the new accounts is financially a good thing because it increases revenue through the ads. As long as the new users are not violating Terms of Service, then no sorry they are doing absolutely nothing wrong. As literally so many people have said this doesn’t affect you any way. Please tell me how IR being number 2, or hell number 1 if it makes it there, affect you. Does it someone emotionally distraught you or physically hurt you in some way? Or could it simply be that you cannot stand to see a show that you typically don’t watch, or maybe don’t like, being highly rated?

Btw they haven’t been artificially changed. That would imply that the users voting are bots, and if some are then they should be removed, but the vast majority are real people who have ever right to vote however they feel.

I'm not sure if you don't think before you write all this nonsense so I'll give you an example to see why it's artificially changed. Let's take the Oscars as an example. For Oscars there are a number of people that get selected to vote each year. What happens if randomly 10000 people that have no business there but all like 1 particular movie get the right to vote? They artificially change the result. It's the same here. A new account rating only a show is the same as a bot/fake account rating only a show. It's still 1 rating/1 show made to change the scores. It doesn't matter if one is a human being and the other is a bot, the scores still change, and the method is still the same.

Feb 6, 2020 4:48 PM

Apr 2012
Wish MAL would take the easy route and just disable rating (and reviews) while shows are still airing. Then we'd have 12 weeks of peace every season and by the time the season is over hype-mongerers would have simply stopped caring.
Feb 6, 2020 4:49 PM

Aug 2016
rogiedog said:
DeathTheKid4 said:

its also funny how people are complete drama queens about this like they somehow twist this into feeling personally attacked, I smell some underlying issues here..
Feb 6, 2020 4:49 PM

Jun 2015
EratiK said:
Wish MAL would take the easy route and just disable rating (and reviews) while shows are still airing. Then we'd have 12 weeks of peace every season and by the time the season is over hype-mongerers have simply stopped caring.

That could be a good idea but I don't think it will resolve big problems like this in the long run.

Feb 6, 2020 4:50 PM

Jun 2015
FullyCharged said:
Imagine being sad like this...

I think the sad ones here are Nux and his followers..

Feb 6, 2020 4:51 PM

Apr 2012
DeathTheKid4 said:
That could be a good idea but I don't think it will resolve big problems like this in the long run.
True it doesn't adress the bigger issue, would still make it a lot more bearable though.
Feb 6, 2020 4:52 PM

Nov 2007
They will need two more iterations according to my math to overtake FMA:B. Ain't happening! FMA:B, for now, is SAFE~
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Dec 2018
DeathTheKid4 said:
rogiedog said:

I'm not sure if you don't think before you write all this nonsense so I'll give you an example to see why it's artificially changed. Let's take the Oscars as an example. For Oscars there are a number of people that get selected to vote each year. What happens if randomly 10000 people that have no business there but all like 1 particular movie get the right to vote? They artificially change the result. It's the same here. A new account rating only a show is the same as a bot/fake account rating only a show. It's still 1 rating/1 show made to change the scores. It doesn't matter if one is a human being and the other is a bot, the scores still change, and the method is still the same.

Thats quite possibly the worst analogy you could use and actually proves my point further. Let me explain why, the Oscars is voted on by the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Science which is PRIVATE organization you have to be accepted into. The voting is done each year knowing that everyone in said Academy takes their jobs quite serious. This on the other hand is a public voting, or democracy, where each and every person gets one vote regardless of their standing, as long as I have said before they are a real person. How they choose to vote is completely up to them, not you or the devs. Once again as long as they are not violating any Terms of Services they are doing nothing wrong. But yes I’m clearly the one who doesn’t actually think before posting.

Jun 2015
iori-nori said:
DeathTheKid4 said:

Sure take out the bots, it's not like legitimate voters can't vote in the future. And also, don't try to speak for all anime fans,it's a good show, some might enjoy it some might not. So what and to vote is their choice,sure the anituber
give exposure to the anime, and im one of those people who watch it afterwards and i find it to be an interesting show, and i would like to give it 10/10. You might argue "well some of them doesn't even watch the show" how would you know by that? find them then, remove their rating and maybe ask them to watch the show first before they can start voting it, don't make try to generalised all anime fans.
That's all, thank you, plus ultra!

I didn't try to generalize but when said anituber brags on twitter that 10000 new accounts were created just for this, then it's pretty clear there's a problem.

Feb 6, 2020 4:54 PM

Sep 2018
I think it is tough to distinguish legit reviewers from review spammers since legit reviews should not be taken down with the spammer reviews.
Feb 6, 2020 4:56 PM

Jun 2015
rogiedog said:
DeathTheKid4 said:

Thats quite possibly the worst analogy you could use and actually proves my point further. Let me explain why, the Oscars is voted on by the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Science which is PRIVATE organization you have to be accepted into. The voting is done each year knowing that everyone in said Academy takes their jobs quite serious. This on the other hand is a public voting, or democracy, where each and every person gets one vote regardless of their standing, as long as I have said before they are a real person. How they choose to vote is completely up to them, not you or the devs. Once again as long as they are not violating any Terms of Services they are doing nothing wrong. But yes I’m clearly the one who doesn’t actually think before posting.

The point wasn't that one is private and one is public lmao. The point was that it's wrong for people who don't have anything to do with said subject to suddenly change the results of something just because someone told them to.

Feb 6, 2020 4:57 PM

Nov 2012
DeathTheKid4 said:
it's wrong for people who don't have anything to do with said subject to suddenly change the results of something just because someone told them to.

And what if it's because they liked it?
ZEHAHAHAHA
Feb 6, 2020 4:58 PM

Jun 2015
rogiedog said:
DeathTheKid4 said:

Also I still fail to see why MAL had to be dragged into the war of Funimation and Nux and his sheep. Couldn't he have done something else? MAL is a third party here, they aren't at fault for Funimation dropping IR, yet they have to suffer this damage to their credibility just because a lunatic has access to internet and has sheep following him.

Feb 6, 2020 5:00 PM

Nov 2012
DeathTheKid4 said:

Also I still fail to see why MAL had to be dragged into the war of Funimation and Nux and his sheep. Couldn't he have done something else? MAL is a third party here, they aren't at fault for Funimation dropping IR, yet they have to suffer this damage to their credibility just because a lunatic has access to internet and has sheep following him.

They are not "suffering damage."
They are getting a huge influx of new users, and then those new users are being told "you're bad because you like this anime."
ZEHAHAHAHA
Feb 6, 2020 5:03 PM
Dec 2018
DeathTheKid4 said:
rogiedog said:

The point wasn't that one is private and one is public lmao. The point was that it's wrong for people who don't have anything to do with said subject to suddenly change the results of something just because someone told them to.

I don't know about the youtuber who recommended the show, but I'm pretty sure anyone who watches his/her channel watches anime. Meaning they do have something to do with the topic because they are an anime watcher. As an anime watcher they came to an anime rating website and rated a show. So again not really seeing any point you're trying to prove other than that because they rated a show high that you may not particularly like that their votes should not count. Bot voting is an actual problem the mods and admins should be concerned with and deal with. Not actual people visiting their website and expressing their opinion by rating a show.
Feb 6, 2020 5:05 PM

Jul 2015
The score was already going up gradually. What would the reaction be if it reached this point the "right" way when it finished airing and most scored it positively? Even then people would have to accept the outcome.
Feb 6, 2020 5:05 PM

Mar 2015
Sarteck said:
DeathTheKid4 said:
it's wrong for people who don't have anything to do with said subject to suddenly change the results of something just because someone told them to.

Sure, they watched all episodes, even the ones that haven't aired yet(???), and genuinely loved it.

Yeah, I can see it happening.
Feb 6, 2020 5:07 PM

Nov 2012
lezerman said:
Sarteck said:

Sure, they watched all episodes, even the ones that haven't aired yet(???), and genuinely loved it.

Sure, they all claimed to watch 12 episodes.

Now instead of your strawman, answer the question. What about people like me, who didn't know about the anime at all until nux posted his video?

Is it "wrong" for me to have rated it 10?

Get bent.
ZEHAHAHAHA
Feb 6, 2020 5:07 PM

Jun 2015
rogiedog said:
DeathTheKid4 said:

I don't know about the youtuber who recommended the show, but I'm pretty sure anyone who watches his/her channel watches anime. Meaning they do have something to do with the topic because they are an anime watcher. As an anime watcher they came to an anime rating website and rated a show. So again not really seeing any point you're trying to prove other than that because they rated a show high that you may not particularly like that their votes should not count. Bot voting is an actual problem the mods and admins should be concerned with and deal with. Not actual people visiting their website and expressing their opinion by rating a show.

That's the freaking problem. That anituber didn't recommend the show. He straight up started telling people to go to MAL and rate it 10/10, making a video on youtube and countless tweets. That's not a recommendation, that's a mass movement lmao.

Feb 6, 2020 5:08 PM

Nov 2016
At first I thought it would be funny to just take down the whole entry, but who knows what the angry mob would do next.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Feb 6, 2020 5:10 PM

Jun 2015
Sarteck said:
DeathTheKid4 said:

They are getting a huge influx of new users, and then those new users are being told "you're bad because you like this anime."

Well they are suffering damage because these new users don't contribute to anything in the long run, they just entered, made an account, fucked the rating of the site, and left. Meanwhile people who were before for a longer time, will just see this as a problem for MAL because loss of credibility is always a bad thing.

Feb 6, 2020 5:10 PM

Nov 2016
Sarteck said:
DeathTheKid4 said:

You and your comments are a prime example of intellectual dishonesty.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Feb 6, 2020 5:11 PM

Nov 2012
DeathTheKid4 said:
Sarteck said:

Well they are suffering damage because these new users don't contribute to anything in the long run, they just entered, made an account, fucked the rating of the site, and left. Meanwhile people who were before for a longer time, will just see this as a problem for MAL because loss of credibility is always a bad thing.

....This happened a day ago.

Let that sink in and re-read your post.
ZEHAHAHAHA
Feb 6, 2020 5:11 PM

Mar 2015
Sarteck said:
lezerman said:

Now instead of your strawman, answer the question. What about people like me, who didn't know about the anime at all until nux posted his video?

Get bent.

No problem with you at all, I'm glad you liked the anime.
Feb 6, 2020 5:13 PM

Jun 2015
Sarteck said:
lezerman said:

Get bent.

If you entered here to rate a 10/10 just because someone told you to, then yeah that's pretty wrong, that means you're a sheep. There is a BIG difference between recommending something and aggressively sharing the idea that we all should rate it a 10/10 on a THIRD PARTY site that doesn't have anything to do with the whole situation to make a "statement".

Feb 6, 2020 5:14 PM

Nov 2012
lezerman said:
Sarteck said:

Get bent.

I did specifically ask about people that watched it and liked it, and your response indicated you didn't think that was a possibility because some users claimed 12 episodes.
ZEHAHAHAHA
Feb 6, 2020 5:16 PM
Dec 2018
DeathTheKid4 said:
rogiedog said:

What are you even going on about?? MAL is an anime rating website. People came to their website and rated a particular anime how they wanted. MAL wasn't hurt in the process, their "creditability" was not hurt. If anything they were actually helped with the increase in revenue because the large influx of traffic to their site. Case and point Warcraft 3 Reforged. The fans of the game went on to Metacritic and voted it terribly making it I believe the worst rated game on the site. Are you trying to tell me Metacritic was hurt or offended by this or some how hurt their "creditability"? Do you really think anyone in the gaming community who doesn't play Warcraft even cares about the rating whatsoever?

And I really have to ask what creditability are you even talking about and to who exactly? To advertisers? Yeah this actually help them as I've previously mentioned in that department. To new users? If someone comes to MAL as a new users I'm pretty sure they are new to anime in general and because of that have absolutely no notion of what is "good". They can then watch what ever they feel and rate it as they see fit like everyone else on the website.

Jun 2015
FMmatron said:
At first I thought it would be funny to just take down the whole entry, but who knows what the angry mob would do next.

Maybe they should. If Nux thought it was a good idea to take his personal business to MAL, then maybe MAL should react the same, but no one has anything to gain from that. But damn watching Nux's tweets made me realize now he's a sociopath, he needs help.

Nov 2012
DeathTheKid4 said:
Sarteck said:

Get bent.

If you entered here to rate a 10/10 just because someone told you to, then yeah that's pretty wrong, that means you're a sheep. There is a BIG difference between recommending something and aggressively sharing the idea that we all should rate it a 10/10 on a THIRD PARTY site that doesn't have anything to do with the whole situation to make a "statement".
Sure, I'm a "sheep" for expressing my opinion.

Your whole premise rests on "being told to" is the sole and ENTIRE reason they rated it well. You ignore that people have their own agency.
ZEHAHAHAHA

Mar 2015
Sarteck said:
lezerman said:

I did specifically ask about people that watched it and liked it, and your response indicated you didn't think that was a possibility because some users claimed 12 episodes.

Not really, I'm fine, you can like whatever you want.
the problem here is not that.
Feb 6, 2020 5:20 PM
Feb 2020
lezerman said:
Sarteck said:

but the ratings prior to the Nux fans were legitimate despite having access to the same content?
Feb 6, 2020 5:21 PM

Jun 2015
rogiedog said:
DeathTheKid4 said:

What are you even going on about?? MAL is an anime rating website. People came to their website and rated a particular anime how they wanted. MAL wasn't hurt in the process, their "creditability" was not hurt. If anything they were actually helped with the increase in revenue because the large influx of traffic to their site. Case and point Warcraft 3 Reforged. The fans of the game went on to Metacritic and voted it terribly making it I believe the worst rated game on the site. Are you trying to tell me Metacritic was hurt or offended by this or some how hurt their "creditability"? Do you really think anyone in the gaming community who doesn't play Warcraft even cares about the rating whatsoever?

And I really have to ask what creditability are you even talking about and to who exactly? To advertisers? Yeah this actually help them as I've previously mentioned in that department. To new users? If someone comes to MAL as a new users I'm pretty sure they are new to anime in general and because of that have absolutely no notion of what is "good". They can then watch what ever they feel and rate it as they see fit like everyone else on the website.

If MAL wasn't hurt then the mods wouldn't have said that they are going to fix this issue so yeah. Also I usually I check the profiles of those I'm talking to at some point but now I forgot to do it until now. I see that you also rated this anime 10/10 after only seeing 4 episodes out of 12. I'm sorry I wasted your time, Nux's sheep.

Dec 2018
DeathTheKid4 said:
rogiedog said:

That's the freaking problem. That anituber didn't recommend the show. He straight up started telling people to go to MAL and rate it 10/10, making a video on youtube and countless tweets. That's not a recommendation, that's a mass movement lmao.

So you're saying this particular Anituber somehow made 30,000+ people vote a show highly rated? What did he do threaten their families? The fact of the matter is he may have said to rate it 10/10, but ultimately it is up to whoever to make an account and rate a show how they want. Which they did without violating any Terms of Service written out by MAL themselves.

Jan 2018
DeathTheKid4 said:
Short_Circut said:

Some Nux Taku guy. He's an annoying af youtuber anyway, but I didn't think he was straight up an idiot.

Oh no no no PepeLaugh someone is malding!
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (13) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ishuzoku Reviewers Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Ashhk - Mar 28, 2020

192 by Dudcav1400000000 »»
Oct 14, 10:02 AM

Poll: » Ishuzoku Reviewers Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 4, 2020

281 by Artromex »»
Aug 27, 6:18 PM

Poll: » Ishuzoku Reviewers Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Feb 1, 2020

156 by Artromex »»
Aug 26, 5:48 AM

» Season 2?

1WanteD1 - Sep 17, 2023

2 by Kaneki456 »»
Jul 24, 10:49 AM

» Anime is underrated

Sasora - Jan 9, 2022

20 by Talamare »»
Jun 21, 5:12 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.