Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Dec 29, 2017 4:51 AM

Sep 2017
i'm a huge crybaby.
I usually cry even in warm-hearted anime moments, not just sad ones.
The anime that made me cry the most (recently) was Orange. the last few episodes,,,, fucc
Dec 29, 2017 4:52 AM

Dec 2015
I never cried while watching anime , movie , etc nowadays
I used to cry a lot when i was a kid , maybe my tears dried up
Dec 29, 2017 5:20 AM

Mar 2013
I always tear up a little bit every now and then when watching very emotional scenes but I think that the only anime that has made me actually fully cry was Clannad After Story, and for several episodes even. I know that's probably the case with most people that has seen the anime but it really hit me hard..

Dec 29, 2017 6:21 AM
Oct 2017
Only faggost cry while watching anime...beta males cry while watching twilight.
Dec 29, 2017 10:43 AM

Jan 2017
When I was younger anime made me cry so much easily. But I guess I'm too dead inside to cry anymore.

Dec 29, 2017 11:01 AM

Sep 2017
I easily cry no matter the media, but I need to be somehow attached to the story. Puella Magi, Angel Beats, Assassination Classroom didn't make me cry. But the final episode of Kuroko No Basket, season 1, did... for some reasons.

For the ones I remember, I cried, or felt like it, watching:
- Free! (Haru crying = me crying)
- Kuroshitsuji II.

- Noragami.

- Kuroko No Basket (end of season 1)
- Corpse Party (though this one was probably more to be expected)

I know I will cry watching (because I've cried, reading the mangas):
- Boku No Hero Academia.
- Attack On Titan.

Honorable mention to Pandora Hearts volume 15, that is not part of the anime and will probably never be adapted as one, but like, damn you, Jun Mochizuki, how could you? T_T
Dec 29, 2017 11:34 AM

Apr 2016
Anime that made me (at least) choke a little:
-Angel Beats
-Code Geass
-Hoshi no Koe
-Inu Yasha
-Planetarian: Chiisana Hoshi no Yume
-Suisei no Gargantia
-Toradora
-Boku dake ga Inai Machi

Anime that made me cry (meaning watery eyed or even tears rolling down my cheeks):
-Kimi no na wa
-Made in Abyss
-Charlotte
-Steins;Gate
-Gosick
-Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu
Dec 29, 2017 11:44 AM
Nov 2017
I do not cry easily, but Kimi No Na Wa......I cried. You just CANNOT forget something ( or someone ) important to you.

I ALMOST cried at the end of Assassination Classroom.
If a lot of people are crying, you cry.
If a lot of people are laughing, you laugh.
Otherwise, nothing.
Then again, I don't usually watch sad anime.
Dec 29, 2017 11:52 AM
Dec 2017
Natsume yujinchou made me cry especially episode when telling the youkai tree
Dec 29, 2017 12:57 PM

Aug 2017
Yes, I cry during powerful scenes in anime sometimes. The scene has to be very touching for me to feel any compelling emotions.

For example: In episode 112 of HxH
That scene was powerful and really stuck with me.

Dec 29, 2017 1:06 PM
Jan 2012
I think it was only two
Grave of the fireflies and One piece (Yeah, One piece, I know. 3 whole times at that.)
I do appreciate sad anime though, just, I guess I have the empathy of a brick wall.
Dec 29, 2017 1:37 PM

Jun 2015
Only Natsu's exceeding nakama power makes me cry
Dec 29, 2017 1:39 PM

Oct 2017
Clannad and Anohana made me cry until this time
Dec 29, 2017 1:51 PM

Apr 2015
Sometimes.
Don't bother me, you pleb =[
Dec 29, 2017 2:57 PM

Dec 2009
Yep I cry.

Commercials with cute animals make me cry. (DAMN THOSE HORMONES!)

No surprise that anime can, though I don't cry at everything. There has to be some good feels involved too.

Jan 5, 2020 11:10 AM
Jul 2018
I almost cried when I showed my fiancee that episode of Violet Evergarden and she ran to the bathroom and locked herself in there and I could hear her sobbing. I mean it was sad when I watched it on my own but seeing a woman's emotional reaction to it that I care about almost got me. The tears were in my eyes but they didn't build up enough to fall down to my cheek.
Jan 5, 2020 11:18 AM

May 2019
times I cried watching anime:
- When I finished DBZ ;-;
- When the Going Merry had to go
- End of Wolf Children, the accompanying soundtrack triggers emotional outbursts in me to this day
- The House of Small Cubes
No other times have I cried watching anime
Jan 5, 2020 11:29 AM

Jan 2016
Not anymore. I cried in the past only in two shows which are Code Geass s2 and Assassination Classroom s2 when I was 14 for CG s2 and 15 for AC s2. I cried in CG s2 when
For AC I cried when
I laugh though in two deaths that were supposed to be sad. The first one was a death from Your Lie In April which was
and the death of
from CG.
GreenClockJan 5, 2020 11:40 AM
The word elitist is stupid since it's just used by people who can't defend their favorite shows and use it on people who criticize their favorite shows.
Jan 5, 2020 2:48 PM

Jul 2016
It's weird,because even when I do feel sad watching,i somehow am unable to bring myself to physically cry.One piece is the anime that really sealed the deal for me in terms of moments that just tugged at my heartstrings and deeply moved me.
Jan 5, 2020 2:55 PM
Jul 2018
Shaboigon said:
I thought it be cool to hear from some other people on this topic. I myself have never been much of a crier, not from live action movies, songs etc. but a few anime have made me tear up a bit yet not cry.

The shows that got me to choke up include:
-Madoka Magica
-Elfen Lied
-Plastic Memories
-Grave of the Fireflies
-Anohana
-Nagi No asukara
-Koe no Katachi

some shows that people said did make them sad I felt were more touching or bittersweet then sad and these did not make me tear/choke up which includes:

Your lie in april
-Boku Dake
-Kimi no Na wa
-5cm per second
and many more!

Let me know your story in the comments :D

Yes, there are some anime that have made me cry.
Like Naruto( I even cried in the road to ninja movie)
Assassination classroom
Violet Evergarden(in 3 different episodes damn)
Death Parade
Anohana
your lie in april (last episode and that episode with his mother)
Grave of fireflies and MAQUIA( too much to handle)

That's all
(well, that's a lot)
Jan 5, 2020 3:03 PM

Jan 2012
Code Geass ending for the final episode in season 2. Even rewatch is the same

Yahallo!
Yatta!
Baka!

<!
"Humans, your existence was a mistake. Conflicts, lies, jealously, greed. You once caused me to lose everything and today I will devour everything... Because I am the Valkyrie Goddess">
Jan 5, 2020 3:05 PM
May 2019
Only if it's really sad like Your lie in April, surprisingly I didn't cry during the Clannad.
Jan 5, 2020 3:13 PM

Jul 2012
I cry everytime. I watch something not to judge it's artistic merit, but to be taken away by the experience. Its merit will be self-evident in my level of engagement. I empathise with characters and allow myself to be moved emotionally. If I have the capacity to experience intense emotions to the point of tears, why not?

If not you're missing out, like a tin-man/woman/nonbinary staring at abunch of moving pictures.
Konbu is important
Jan 5, 2020 3:21 PM
Oct 2012
I don't cry watching chinese cartoons, I did cry with Bojack Horseman tho
Jan 5, 2020 3:47 PM

Aug 2017
snk s3 p2 when
and the ending of code geass s2
Jan 5, 2020 5:26 PM
Jan 5, 2020 5:39 PM
Dec 2019
Yes but it is because I build up the urge to cry over time I think and if something touches me, it comes out as a way to vent it.
Jan 6, 2020 9:56 PM

Feb 2017
I teared up a little with Nana, Kuzu no Honkai, and Madoka Magica. Nothing has made me full on cry though.
Jan 6, 2020 11:14 PM
Sep 2019
Not as a pre-requisite, no. But yes, I have cried during anime. On multiple occasions watching multiple shows.
Ya boy is going to Con Alt Delete 2020! See you there!

Jan 6, 2020 11:27 PM
Oct 2015
I only cried at the ending at of Assassination Classroom.
That 'Graduation Song' was so damn emotional.
It was a great journey.
Jan 6, 2020 11:28 PM

Dec 2018
Yes, countless times and to an uncountable amount of shows.
Jan 6, 2020 11:31 PM

Sep 2018
I tear up every now and then. Hell, I just did, watching the Pokemon movie 22 (the ending scene gave me some heavy nostalgia)... I am a bit of a sucker for emotional/sad stuff
Jan 6, 2020 11:33 PM

Mar 2018
I'm emotional by nature...so
I cried while watching Clannad, Erased, Guilty Crown, Plastic Memories, Your Lie in April *_*

Jan 6, 2020 11:52 PM

Jul 2019
Sometimes in JoJo I have cried many times and also in One Piece and Assassination Classroom-
Jan 7, 2020 12:01 AM
Apr 2016
Yes, like a Niagara, every other episode I believe.
Re:formed
Jan 7, 2020 4:08 AM

Oct 2019
There are very few things I have watched (or read) without at least getting teary at some point.
I'm such a softy it's not even a good thing, I get attached to characters instantly and I even cry when something's not sad but really cute instead. I also cry when I finish good shows just because they're over. I'm not even joking I cry in literally everything.

My record for the most I've cried in a series was 22 times in 13 episodes. I'm not counting getting teary, I mean fully tears-streaming-down-my-face crying. It was Violet Evergarden by the way

ใƒใƒณใฎไธ€ๅ‘ณ | ๐“†จ
Jan 7, 2020 4:12 AM
Feb 2019
It depends. Have to shed a tear quite a few times
Jan 7, 2020 4:21 AM
Mar 2019
Sadness. Had me bawling;
Gakkougurashi!
Irozuku
Violet Evergarden
Tokyo Magnitude 8.0
After Story

Joy, had me grinning like a fool;
Comic Girls

Laughter, hysterics:
Kaguya-sama
Konosuba

Undefined;
Papa no ikuto
YU-NO

YU-NO and VE hit the hardest
Jan 7, 2020 4:29 AM

Jun 2019
It's a natural human reaction to cry when exposed to emotional stimuli, so I'd be surprised if most people didn't cry when watching a heart wrenchingly sad anime, like Anohana, Clannad AS or Plastic Memories.

I balled my eyes out during the end of Anohana, it was just too sad. I like feels sometimes, such as Plastic Memories, that was the right amount of sad feels for me personally, but Anohana & Clannad were just too much.

The ending of Kimi No Na Wa brought a tear to my eye as well, but so does memories of Laxus walking away holding his hand in the air with his index finger pointed to the sky, the Fairy Tail Guild salute, that always gets me in the gut. But that's nostalgic feels, which is different to sad feels.

I almost cry when something sad happens to Renge in Non Non Biyori, I'm no wuss, I just love Renge that much, daughter-fu.

Gintama has some surprisingly sad & emotional moments for a comedy show, like when Kaguya's dad shows up & she overhears her dad & Gintoki talking about her & she realises what she means to Gin-san, touching moment, didn't make me cry but I certainly welled up. Gintama is very good at that, it suddenly can switch tone & take you from laughter to tears at a moments notice.

23feanorJan 7, 2020 4:32 AM
Jan 7, 2020 5:05 AM

Jul 2016
23feanor said:
It's a natural human reaction to cry when exposed to emotional stimuli, so I'd be surprised if most people didn't cry when watching a heart wrenchingly sad anime, like Anohana, Clannad AS or Plastic Memories.

It's weird because i can cry really easily when i'm feeling sad,but i'm unable to bring myelf to physically cry when watching something,which in this case is anime.
Jan 7, 2020 10:26 PM

Dec 2008
Clannad-After Story-a couple of the saddest episodes ever, the final episode of Plastic Memories, the final episode of Aria The Origination (in a good way), the final episode of Maison Ikkoku-any of those are good for a few tears.
Life Is Short But Intense.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

» What views on anime make you feel like some 2nd century Christian who rejects most of the gospels on obscure gnostic grounds.

vasipi4946 - 3 hours ago

4 by Tirinchas »»
3 minutes ago

» Who is your first and second favorite Jujutsu Kaisen character and why?

Inner_Dragon - Yesterday

16 by PeripheralVision »»
3 minutes ago

» How do people finish anime they consider bad? ( 1 2 3 )

Rinrinka - Jun 8

106 by bucciest »»
9 minutes ago

» Old OVAs

JoeChip - Yesterday

35 by PeripheralVision »»
12 minutes ago

» Anime and Manga might be the worst medium ever at judging attractiveness.

isseixkoneko - 4 hours ago

10 by deg »»
18 minutes ago
Itโ€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.