Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 12, 2019 8:54 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Seems some mysterious memories appeared in Yukiya's head this episode.

For one thing, I think they're giving him an important task to accomplish and it won't be easy. Yukiya better get his head straight about his future. Felt like a slow episode.
Jan 12, 2019 10:42 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
This kid's parents look familiar to me.....
Jan 12, 2019 11:12 AM
Aug 2013
Yukiya's parents are Break and Bind from the first season. They have the same voice actors too.
Jan 12, 2019 12:13 PM
Nov 2011
Could this show actually be improving? Yay Koyori is back and Tazuna probably next episode.
Jan 12, 2019 1:13 PM

Apr 2017
Am I the only one who thought this episode was better than the first one?
Jan 12, 2019 1:57 PM

Sep 2015
Why make the new MC fall for the girl of the previous MC, what kind of cuck are they trying to accomplish this time. At least good news, I really hope Mayumi and the pedo doc are lost forever in that Ziggurat, they deserve it.

Too soon to know what is going on, but that boy is certainly not son of Break and Bind.
Jan 12, 2019 2:37 PM

Apr 2014
shiro_kai said:
Why make the new MC fall for the girl of the previous MC, what kind of cuck are they trying to accomplish this time. At least good news, I really hope Mayumi and the pedo doc are lost forever in that Ziggurat, they deserve it.

Too soon to know what is going on, but that boy is certainly not son of Break and Bind.

In his defense, it's kinda hard not to fall for her, I am sure you know what I mean. And I am sure that will be cleared up eventually, but we still don't know where is Tazuna.

And who knows, Yukiya probably actually is the son of Break/Bind chain, since they were like the oldest in the previous cast. And he is a Hand Shaker too, which would match if it were a hereditary feature.
Jan 12, 2019 2:43 PM

Aug 2016
His dad looks way too young to be his dad xD
Really liked the ed!

It would also have been nice if there was some kind of recap episode for the first season, because I really don't remember much.
Silent_Four-EyesJan 12, 2019 2:48 PM
Nanika ga Okashii
Jan 12, 2019 2:50 PM

Sep 2015
bestkatalyn said:
shiro_kai said:

In his defense, it's kinda hard not to fall for her, I am sure you know what I mean. And I am sure that will be cleared up eventually, but we still don't know where is Tazuna.

And who knows, Yukiya probably actually is the son of Break/Bind chain, since they were like the oldest in the previous cast. And he is a Hand Shaker too, which would match if it were a hereditary feature.

The synopsis actually really says "Yukiya, who is "probably" 14 years old..", so he is certainly some kind of Benjamin Button or Peter Pan and had a magic gronw up.
Jan 12, 2019 2:59 PM

Sep 2015
I feel its hard to believe he would be Break and Chain's kid consider this plays out 10 years after the first season and that would mean he would have been 4 years old in that one.
And the last time you saw Break and Chain in season 1 they didnt walk around with a kid so I find it kinda hard to believe even if it was them who acted as his parent right now.
Jan 12, 2019 3:02 PM

Apr 2014
shiro_kai said:
bestkatalyn said:

The synopsis actually really says "Yukiya, who is "probably" 14 years old..", so he is certainly some kind of Benjamin Button or Peter Pan and had a magic gronw up.
YataJack said:
I feel its hard to believe he would be Break and Chain's kid consider this plays out 10 years after the first season and that would mean he would have been 4 years old in that one.
And the last time you saw Break and Chain in season 1 they didnt walk around with a kid so I find it kinda hard to believe even if it was them who acted as his parent right now.

Maybe, I did thought about those. Maybe he is their adoptive kid, or maybe they had him a few years before the action from the first season, since we don't actually know a lot about them. They were the characters with the least screen time.

Well, either way I don't think it's really relevant overall which is it, but I do think that his parents have to have been Hand Shakers, and there are really not that many pairs that we know who could fill that bill...
Jan 12, 2019 3:08 PM

Sep 2015
bestkatalyn said:
shiro_kai said:

YataJack said:

Maybe, I did thought about those. Maybe he is their adoptive kid, or maybe they had him a few years before the action from the first season, since we don't actually know a lot about them. They were the characters with the least screen time.

Well, either way I don't think it's really relevant overall which is it, but I do think that his parents have to have been Hand Shakers, and there are really not that many pairs that we know who could fill that bill...

Adoptive seems more legit in that case I would say, cuz of the diffrencess in appearnce as the eye color and hair color doesnt match up at all with his "Parents" and if he was adoptive by some reason it would even explain the "Propably 14" part with no one knowing his actual age and just guesses how old he was when he got adoptive.
Jan 12, 2019 4:15 PM
Jan 2017
Hand Shakers was not a bad series, it just needed some serious polishing. I've said it before and I'm sure I'll say it again. This episode is trying to establish a stronger connection with Hand Shakers by bringing back Koyori. Oh, yes! Koyori is back... and she doesn't seem to have aged that much. She looks like a teenager. Sumire Morohoshi still gives her the same youthful voice she had in the previous show. Koyori asks Yukiya to help find Nagaoka and her sister Mayumi, who got lost in the Ziggurat after the events of the previous show.

Koyori has taken up her parents' old job as scientific researcher and says she is not a Hand Shaker anymore. Ok, so... what happened to Tazuna? Is he okay? Did he got lost in the Ziggurat, as well? What happened to the previous Hand Shakers? Are they involved in this new fight as well? This show is leaving quite a few questions for those interested in the previous story. Hopefully, we will get answers soon enough.

While I am glad that the show is trying to continue the story from the previous show, I'm worried that this will take away screen-time from Yukiya, the new protagonist. Tazuna is a good character and I'm interested to see what would happens if he met Yukiya, but in the meantime, Yukiya has to prove himself as a worthy protagonist, otherwise people won't be interested in him once Tazuna shows up. This is the exact same scenario Luke Skywalker and Rey faced in the Star Wars sequel trilogy, and considering the divisive fan reception for The Last Jedi, hopefully this will turn out to be much better.
Jan 12, 2019 4:52 PM

Apr 2014
HeroVladimir93 said:
Hand Shakers was not a bad series, it just needed some serious polishing. I've said it before and I'm sure I'll say it again. This episode is trying to establish a stronger connection with Hand Shakers by bringing back Koyori. Oh, yes! Koyori is back... and she doesn't seem to have aged that much. She looks like a teenager. Sumire Morohoshi still gives her the same youthful voice she had in the previous show. Koyori asks Yukiya to help find Nagaoka and her sister Mayumi, who got lost in the Ziggurat after the events of the previous show.

Koyori has taken up her parents' old job as scientific researcher and says she is not a Hand Shaker anymore. Ok, so... what happened to Tazuna? Is he okay? Did he got lost in the Ziggurat, as well? What happened to the previous Hand Shakers? Are they involved in this new fight as well? This show is leaving quite a few questions for those interested in the previous story. Hopefully, we will get answers soon enough.

While I am glad that the show is trying to continue the story from the previous show, I'm worried that this will take away screen-time from Yukiya, the new protagonist. Tazuna is a good character and I'm interested to see what would happens if he met Yukiya, but in the meantime, Yukiya has to prove himself as a worthy protagonist, otherwise people won't be interested in him once Tazuna shows up. This is the exact same scenario Luke Skywalker and Rey faced in the Star Wars sequel trilogy, and considering the divisive fan reception for The Last Jedi, hopefully this will turn out to be much better.

By the looks of it, there won't be much focus on the old characters. It seems they are not even Hand Shakers anymore. They will probably stick around to help the current characters a bit and hopefully get their own good ending.

Half-seriously, everyone knows that when a character gets over 20, they are not protagonist material anymore. They just become boring mentor characters....
Jan 12, 2019 6:20 PM
Jan 2019
koyori 😍😍 Whoa Break and Bind are hid parents 😲
Jan 12, 2019 8:26 PM

Oct 2015
That was an anticlimactic episode in terms of the action, but at least we got to see Koyori whom by the way is liked by Yukiya. I Feel bad for Haruka though.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Jan 12, 2019 9:47 PM
Jan 2019
https://goo.gl/images/P5fHRg

Is that Tazuna in the picture?
Jan 13, 2019 12:40 AM

Feb 2017
We got Koyori back ~! :D
She's just... a bit taller, not much change in her design.
I also want to see Tazuna & Makihara back!
Jan 13, 2019 6:13 AM

Jul 2015
Decent episode however much on the slow side.

It was cool to see the characters from the season 1 with a much more mature look as looking like elementary school students was one of my complains about the S1 characters.

OP and ED were fine specially the visuals for the OP were nice.

Hopefully we get a better story and character developments in this season.
Jan 13, 2019 11:46 AM

May 2018
So can we now say that Haruka is out of that Ziggurat business already?
Jan 14, 2019 1:27 AM

Feb 2018
The OP and ED theme very nice.
Jan 14, 2019 10:00 AM

Jul 2017
This episode just debunked the Hand Shakers reference out of the window, that's for sure.

Even though there are the throwbacks to Koyori and her holding room (no longer allowed to be in Ziggurat), seems that this time GoHands is taking a different approach with this, since this is 10 years after the events of Hand Shakers.

YataJack said:

Yeap, caught me off guard too.

OST is actually good for once.
Jan 14, 2019 4:17 PM

May 2009
Break didn't age at all. Bind turned into ara ara milf.
Jan 16, 2019 2:53 AM

May 2017
shiro_kai said:

Lmfao so effing true, I hate that pedo and Koyori's twin too

I think I saw Tazuna in the next episode preview tho
Jan 16, 2019 3:36 AM
Mar 2012
Break & Bind back as parents...? Unbelievable!! Must be awkward for Yukiya...
So Mayumi's pair won & met God? Forgot what did they wish for.
Awesome Koyori's back, hope Tazuna returns to clear some confusion.
The choreography for that FistCamper fighting was pretty good, oh why are they camping there?
GoHands spends too much time scenery watching without dialogue, making it feel slow, but overall better than handshaker.
Pleasant op/ed, the water theme is kind of nice.

Jan 16, 2019 1:04 PM

Oct 2008
Akutagawa Koyori was so cute! glad to see her again!..the rest of the episode is meh...got bored and sleepy
3/5.

Jan 20, 2019 11:13 PM
Apr 2016
Kotori is back and I'm gonna increase my rating a bit.
Jul 30, 2020 6:06 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Lol. The world of Handshaker seems to be so small by looking how previously character getting old already and now had a child really the true definition of a sequel. Like that Koyori, Hojou Masaru, dad of the W'z, and such. I think thats the only strongest point of this series, i believe. Because, yeah i really loved how they kept attach some important past story and intacted it nicely done. Still, there were too much mystery among everything. I guessed, i just needed to conquer this show first before did some fully judgement. Shall i?

However, damn, that newly supporting character of this sequel had a mental dissaster. Their true intentions were a different matter than before, its good. But, for me its just, weird af, man. Thats only make me finding their reason that somehow were only bring them as a non existence to the story development. I mean, ah, lending the quote from the MC, the connections were unlinked, too much! Whatever. Let just continue again. The main quest had been added for the MC. Its to help the beautiful sensei, Koyori, out of her misery. Who could resist the temptation from her? I am fully aware with the difficult feeling of the MC, yeah really aware that shit. By the way on the way.... Why don't clear it first, yet? Thats it for now.
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Aug 2, 2023 3:13 AM

Dec 2022
Why isn't Koyori a handshaker anymore? She and Tazuna won the last season and never lost their abilities. They should've been the ones to "meet God". Instead it's Nagaoka and Mayumi who met him now? Where did Tazuna disappear to? Does Yukiya think Koyori is free game because Tazuna vanished from existence? He already has Haruka. Since when could people steal the abilities of other Hand Shakers? That wasn't a detail in the original series either.

I hope some reveals clears this up, and it isn't just retconning and altering shit for the hell of it.

Shaded Horizon

More topics from this board

Poll: » W'z Episode 13 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 30, 2019

16 by Archean-Return »»
Aug 2, 2023 11:57 AM

Poll: » W'z Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 16, 2019

15 by Archean-Return »»
Aug 2, 2023 10:48 AM

Poll: » W'z Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 9, 2019

15 by Archean-Return »»
Aug 2, 2023 10:15 AM

Poll: » W'z Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 2, 2019

8 by Archean-Return »»
Aug 2, 2023 9:41 AM

Poll: » W'z Episode 7 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 16, 2019

14 by Archean-Return »»
Aug 2, 2023 7:26 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.