Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Dec 20, 2018 8:18 PM
Aug 2017
I loved the series from episode 1!

Anybody know what chapter of the managa it leaves off at?
Dec 20, 2018 8:46 PM

Feb 2013
This definitely needs another season. I really enjoyed this. 8/10
Dec 20, 2018 9:03 PM

Jul 2009
Piromysl said:
It kind of reminds me of Katowice 2006 disaster.

same here, just 0 causalities here
Dec 20, 2018 9:09 PM

Jan 2011
hmm from the reaction on reddit thought this was gonna be a crazy finale with the odd countdown and the cut to the satellite in space thought something out of left wing was gonna happen but it repeat of the live show when they all got struck by lighting .

biggest reveal was manager-san(shout to best boi fall2018) being Sakura's high school friend and they ended it on a bit of a cliffhanger

regardless this show was pretty fun with some slow bits it had a way of continuing it's comedy bits and nailing it at the right time and having some good call backs Yuugiri finally actually slapped Sakura at the right time lol and we still have no clue about TAE!?!

7.5/10 cygame got dat money so and this show seems pretty popular at least in the west so i'm not surprised if we hear a S2 announcement soon
Dec 20, 2018 9:54 PM
Oct 2018
Need season 2!
9/10 for this episode.
Dec 20, 2018 9:56 PM

Dec 2015
I really think that they set up Zombie Land Saga for a second season as theres some things that i dont think can be resolved in a couple of OVA episodes, and the fact that they got so much hype makes me feel as if its good marketing to make a second season and its not really uncommon with idol anime either as there is plenty of stereotypical episode plots that they can make fun of. but i certainly fell in love with franchouchou although ive always kind of been idol trash
Dec 20, 2018 10:31 PM

Dec 2015
The show must continue, right?
Very nice performance for the girls...
I have some mixed feelings right now. I feel a little bit dissapointed because Tae-chan didn't talk yet.
Anyway, the first three episodes, episode 5 and episode 8 were my favourites.
7/10 for me.
Dec 20, 2018 11:18 PM

Jun 2016
damn i never think that this is going to be very good...

the plot is great

music good

character amazing development

and of course the plot twist even only split second... it already tell us who is he !!!

i give this solid 8/10... no need season 2...
Dec 20, 2018 11:19 PM

Jun 2016
Doinked said:
Gazz said:

Maybe they are dating before she died? She confessed to her in episode 11 (sort of).

And being an idol is Sakura's unfulfilled wish, thats why Kotaro is doing his best to grant Sakura's wish.

I have no idea how he turned them to zombies though. He might be a Necromancer or something

Yeah that's a nice theory. Maybe he liked Sakura and wanted to fulfill her dream. Even though that's very heart warming/breaking and adds a lot of character to Kotarou, it's still kinda messed up if you think about it (like unburrying them and stuff u know) Depends on how he did it but oh well it's for a good cause.

I really hope for season 2, hopefully it's a big hit in Japan

im agree with you guys... but i think there is season 2 or not this is already very great
Dec 20, 2018 11:47 PM

May 2015
"I don't really care if I'm respected..." Oi Oi...that's reaching a new low...

Oh yeah, Tae going all out!

SAKURA GOT BITCHSLAPPED!

Waaaaaaait....So Tatsumi aka "Inui" was Sakura's classmate 10 years ago? Well that explains a lot...

Bringing down the stage! Either the snowstorm was really extreme, or the venue was crap for having such poor infrastructure...

Final songs, Sakura gets her memory back, Tatsumi saves the day, CGI makes its return, and everyone is happy.

Zombieland Saga...well I was right about my prediction early on. The series started off strong, but its momentum fell as it progressed. It had its funny moments, and the drama was ok. It did a good job implementing the Zombie theme which was quite a surprise. The characters were pretty straightforward and got a bit of the spotlight, but I'm disappointed that Yugiri didn't get more screen time given her mysterious nature. Some of the songs (specifically the solos) were good, but most of the group songs were rather generic. Junko Konno and her Voice actress Maki Kawase is easily the best singer in the group. Tatsumi is the best character of course, and we need more humorous over the top characters like him. The series was decent. It's an idol anime with a mix of comedy and drama. More could have been done with it though. The ending may be hinting at a sequel, but I wouldn't mind if it just ended here. If there is a sequel, then I hope for less drama and a lot more humor.

Final Verdict: Number 0/10
TarotistDec 20, 2018 11:56 PM
Dec 21, 2018 12:25 AM

Sep 2018
Well the one thing that I really hated was the absolutely shitty animation... it was barely average in other aspects. The op was proly the best thing abt the show. Don't care if it gets a season 2 or not.
majiyabakuneDec 21, 2018 12:32 AM
Dec 21, 2018 12:58 AM

Nov 2016
Gazz said:
htsuji said:
Finally, the magazine writer has found there should be something completely unexplainable about the member.
Perhaps these photos were taken when they were alive and I guess the report there says they had died about 10 to 30 or more years ago.

In addition to that, it seems Tatsumi's old name was Inui. He and Sakura knew each other when she was alive.

Maybe they are dating before she died? She confessed to her in episode 11 (sort of).

And being an idol is Sakura's unfulfilled wish, thats why Kotaro is doing his best to grant Sakura's wish.

I have no idea how he turned them to zombies though. He might be a Necromancer or something

just go with how they did it in the disney zombie movie (soda factory accident)
Dec 21, 2018 1:02 AM

Aug 2013
WE NEED BACK STORY ABOUT SAKURA AND KOTAROU RIGHT NOW

sad it ended, it was fun while it last
season 2 pls?
Dec 21, 2018 1:54 AM
Dec 2017
8/10 👏👏👏
Dec 21, 2018 1:55 AM
Sep 2011
That was a great ending. Once again, I shed some tears for this show.

Although a season 2 has not yet been explicitly announced, it's already clear that this won't be the last of Franchouchou that we'll see. There's going to be a screening and commentary event in Japan on December 25. There's a live concert in March 2019 and promotional merchandise is going on sale. Twitter is exploding with positive reactions from Japanese fans who are calling for season 2 to come. The official twitter also vaguely said thanks for the support and that the zombie land saga will continue. Ai's seiyuu Risa Taneda even said that she wants to do season 2!
https://twitter.com/zombielandsaga/status/1075777343464136704
evilcornDec 21, 2018 2:00 AM
Dec 21, 2018 3:52 AM

Dec 2012
I don't even need season 2, all I need is the audio track of Mezame Returner as a release rather than anime clips of it :')
"Only one with the courage
to shoulder the burden
of their own fate can
be called a hero.."

Dec 21, 2018 4:11 AM

Dec 2016
Man what a great and unexpected show
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
Dec 21, 2018 4:37 AM

Jun 2017
What a show. I was surprised that I liked this show. I felt that at first it was a mediocore 7/10 show, but no, It surpassed my expectations.

RISE UP AGAIN! BLAST PAST YOUR SANCTUARY AND WHAT YOU'D GAIN OR LOSE.
Now I really know why they're called idols, that song was inspirational. Their outfits also looks really good, looks clean and nice, looks professional, fitting for the Final Episode. Man, they really took the saying "The Show Must GO ON" to another level.
That cliffhanger at the end though, needs and OVA atleast.
8/10 - VERY GOOD
“What do you do when there is an evil you cannot defeat by just means? Do you stain your hands with evil to destroy evil? Or do you remain steadfastly just and righteous even if it means surrendering to evil?”
― Lelouch Vi Britannia
Dec 21, 2018 4:45 AM

Jan 2014
This was interesting and had it's moments(rap battle) but mostly it fell flat for me into mediocre land of boring story & 'seen it before idol show' ....something.
6/10 for me, looking at the current MAL rating this is clearly another overhyped show imo.

Pls no 2nd season.
Dec 21, 2018 5:26 AM

Dec 2012
FCC is just starting, second season should be imminent!

CGI was bad this episode, why would you primarily use it on your last ep? Not that it bothers me a lot but w/e.

I don't watch as much anime as before...
Dec 21, 2018 5:27 AM

Oct 2018
Anime of the season tbh. (Well jojo aside)
Dec 21, 2018 5:43 AM

Mar 2018
Considering the unique first two episodes, wacky humor and emotional ride throughout the show, the ending is a little mediocre tbh. I could guess the ending as soon as Sakura got trucked 2nd time and lost her memories. And that memory issue got solved easily as I expected. Still, the obvious cliffhanger for 2nd season, yet unexplained backstories like Yuugiri and Tae's past, that unknown bar owner, more details about Sakura and Okabe Koutarou remain so it still has some hope to become a masterpiece.

8/10 for now. Another unforgettable show.

Dec 21, 2018 5:44 AM
Apr 2017
Xenobreaker said:
I need to know more about how Koutarou and Sakura know each other from the past!

SAME. AHHHHHHHHHH. Season two please!
Dec 21, 2018 5:50 AM

Jul 2015
How... freaking... DARE, THEY HAVE THAT BIT AT THE END. After this satisfying end to the season, I was actually ready to accept that this was probably not getting a second season BUT NOW I'M SAD THAT I HAVE TO WAIT A COMPLETELY UNKNOWN BUT GUARANTEED LONG TIME FOR IT TO COME BACK... And that sucks... Anyway, anime was great, it got people who hate Idol Anime liking an Idol Anime and was just... amazing. Gonna have to make some space on my top ten characters for Tae-chan now. 9/10, I love this.
A Wild and Small Otaku has Appeared!
Dec 21, 2018 6:02 AM
May 2018
We need an OVA telling us all about the past of Tae-Chan
Dec 21, 2018 6:05 AM

May 2018
NO WAY !!! I almost dropped my dinner after seeing the manager's flashback. Don't tell me.... the relation between manager and Sakura is... his first love ?

MAPPA, we need 2nd season. You hanging many things. That photographer guy, what he would do about about that? He must be knew already, that Franchouchou member is actually Idol that already dead. What about manager and Sakura ? What exactly Manager's vision ? And why he want to safe Saga ? So many question, and I'm very exciting to want to know more.

Anyway, this is a good job. I never this excited when comes to Idol-themed anime. They really doing great

Score : 8/10
Best girl : Saki, my badass girl !
Dec 21, 2018 6:16 AM

May 2018
10/10, SAGAAAAAA!!!!

That was a great finale, it feels so damn good.

And that cliffhanger! Finally those reporter guys connect the dots.
There has to be a second season!
This is not your planet to rule. The Fallen shall rise again.
Dec 21, 2018 6:27 AM

Dec 2014
caio_brb said:
Lelouch0202 said:
Good finale albeit a very classic ending as expected.

Tae's awakening scene was gold and I loved the shot of all the girls with their hair down, Saki-chan and Yugiri especially. <3
Yugiri's slap though. XD

The whole theme of persevering despite all the bad luck was quite endearing and I love the fact that Franchouchou is basically a group of people brought together by bad luck. Paints a really nice picture of perseverance and comradeship.

It looks like Kotaro does indeed know Sakura, interesting.

I felt the CG was a little at choppy at times but it was still quite good.

Overall, a really good show and definitely the among the best idol shows released in the last few years especially since idol anime with the exception of Love Live haven't been all that great recently so this was a really welcome addition to the mix. Comedy was fantastic, outstanding voice acting especially from Mamoru who delivered one of his best performances yet.

8/10, would love a second season.

You should watch Aikatsu Friends then. It's great. Also, Idolmaster in it's first seasons iif you still hadn't, same for Cinderella and Side-M.

Definitely will, I've been wanting to watch that for quite some time.
I've seen the original IM@S, loved that. Cinderella Girls and Side-M weren't really to my liking, they were just nowhere as good as the original in my opinion.
Dec 21, 2018 6:39 AM
Jan 2017
That was a great ending, and I hope we get a second season.
Dec 21, 2018 7:52 AM

Jul 2014
Like for real tho, i was rarely amused and into idol anime because i can't handle the girly and cringy things who happen a lot in that genre, but this one is totally different for me. They have interesting story and plots, interesting characters and even the comedy is good and sometimes gold, can't wait for the 2nd season if they have one in the future...

8/10 for sure..
Dec 21, 2018 8:43 AM

Aug 2014
No backstory for LEGENDARY YAMADA TAE or best girl Yuugiri, what was the point of this show?
Sieg Zeon!
Dec 21, 2018 8:59 AM

May 2017
Kinda disappointed, quite a lackluster finale with Sakura's arc being shallow and only having revealed probably just a quarter of her whole story, regardless, still a good episode and show overall

And yeah there's no Yugiri arc

Tae still half awake (can't wait for S2 tbh) she's best girl btw

7/10
Dec 21, 2018 9:34 AM

Jul 2015
10/10

Season 2, please!!
I'll fade away and classify myself as obsolete!
Obsolete!!
Dec 21, 2018 9:43 AM

Dec 2015
Yeah, I rather that this show would stick to only make fun of idols and zombies. Becoming just one of them just made it be just an ok experience. Luckly, when things got too cliche and cringe, Mamoru Miyano character saved the day. Definitely the best thing of this show and one of the funniest characters I ever seen. But, at the end of the day, he wasn't the main character or the main focus of the plot, so most of the time the show was either boring or just ok. Solid 6/10
Dec 21, 2018 10:00 AM

Mar 2017
One of the best show this season. So Koutaro was Sakura's classmate. There's more to this show. And they ended with a cliffhanger too.
Boy I need a season 2 of this.
7/10
Dec 21, 2018 10:36 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
I suppose we will discover more in a second season because there are some unknowns to resolve!
Dec 21, 2018 10:46 AM

Sep 2009
Wow, this ep was full of energy, despite the crappy CGI, it was good. Although I don't like J-Pop I got to say that the songs in this show were kind of... GOOD! Not only the compositions, but the lyrics and the message behind them, they were kind of... INSPIRATIONAL!!!
A solid 7
Dec 21, 2018 12:19 PM

Oct 2012
Oh man what a ride this episode has been! This episode was by far my favorite out of all 12 episodes and here's why:

Wow that scene was powerful despite how brief it was , all he did for her to make her dreams come true. Oof sorry there's onions near by! but in all seriousness this has to be one of the best Idol Anime out there. If you want to introduce someone to idol Anime I feel like this is the one.

I can't wait for a season 2! (I assume that's what that ending clip was about) also their music is really good and catchy in this episode! man I want the soundtrack for this Anime to be available so bad. >_<
Dec 21, 2018 2:01 PM
Feb 2015
I need season 2 in my life! Tae-chan was on it this episode.
Dec 21, 2018 4:19 PM
Mar 2017
Whatever the people say, Zombieland Saga was the best parody of idols I've seen, the bad CGI for me will always be a mockery of other idols anime, also the moments with the cliche drama.
Tae in this episode was best girl, seeing her worried about Sakura was very adorable, although there was also that moment when Sakura yells at her and throws the magazine out of her hands, it made me feel very sad for the poor Tae.
The moment that Tae loses control and pulls Sakura out of the room was very funny, in the end Tae tries to teach her the steps just like Sakura did with her in the begining.
Sakura ruins the classic cliche moment in which the girls decide to help each others to achieve their goal, the good thing is that the bitch slap of Yuugiri arrived at the perfect moment, that slap was felt through all the neighborhood, Yuugiri puts Sakura in her place and makes her understand that they need her and that without her the group would have been divided.
The moment they show the girls sleeping together was very fun and adorable.
The great surprise of this episode was undoubtedly knowing a little more of Koutaro or "Inui-kun" as Sakura tells him in that flashback, he was classmate of Sakura, but I feel that something else must have happened for him to end up as the producer of Franchouchou, the theories of the fans should be incredible at this time.
The day of the Show arrives, but a heavy snow fall arrives, even so Franchouchou fans arrive and the show begins.
Unfortunately the snow makes the scenario collapse, but the girls get up and end the show epically and they the song, Sakura recovers her memories of all the adventures with her friends.
The end of the episode leaves many questions, who is the Bartender who spoke with Koutaro in the previous episode?
The editor of the magazine already saw that in the group of idols there are three identical girls to old stars of the show, but what will he do now? and the most important, what happened between Sakura and Inui, aka Koutaro at the time she was alive?
Also the anime left us with the mystery of the identities of Yuugiri and Tae. In short a decent ending, not as incredible as the first episodes, but it manage to leave many things unresolved for a second season or an OVA maybe, so I look forward to the future news of this anime, 10/10 for the anime in general, 7/10 for this episode.
PS: I think the anime would have had an epic ending if the legendary Tae had spoken.
Dec 21, 2018 4:37 PM

Jun 2017
There was a bit ocf CGI that looked extremely smooth...60fps smooth.. If they could do that for all of it then those segments would be amazing too.

Also, Koutarou gives a whole new meaning to not giving up on one's crush lol.
Dec 21, 2018 5:14 PM

Oct 2018
Really nice show. 8/10 for me.

I really like the sutile darkness of the death of each member. Besides that it is kind of fun, I enjoyed a lot.

My favorite episode was the saki one (9 or 10 I think) very touching.

My favorite part was when a lot of people thought that the bad CGI was a love live parody xDDDD
Dec 21, 2018 7:01 PM

May 2018
Another encore for Season 2 please.

-Tae's and Yugiri's background still have not been show.
-Mystery behind zombie, although there's the Chinese sorcery theory, a confirmation will be better
-Still haven't save Saga
Dec 21, 2018 7:03 PM

May 2011
from the firstt epsd till last epsd, i always think if yugiri from meiji era, why her body not decomposed. at first i thought tatsumi also zombie from that era, but now we know he's sakura clasmate and his age just arround 27.

then who the one ressurect yugiri and that's mean the zombie ressurection method already exist before earlier 1900, probably that old bartender man hold all the secret thou...

and also tae is the oldest girl to dead she's 29 yo and her hobby is traveling (from official page) this little hint might lead us to somewhere, like the one found zombie ressurection method and the first guinea pig, since her code is "Number 0"
Dec 21, 2018 7:13 PM

Dec 2016
The ending was good and I sensed OVA or Season 2 comming the moment I saw that ending.
Guess the magazine writer figured something about those three girls :o

[*]My Completed List
[*]♪Listen ►
[/list][/left]
Dec 21, 2018 7:26 PM

May 2018
sarnlack said:
from the firstt epsd till last epsd, i always think if yugiri from meiji era, why her body not decomposed. at first i thought tatsumi also zombie from that era, but now we know he's sakura clasmate and his age just arround 27.

then who the one ressurect yugiri and that's mean the zombie ressurection method already exist before earlier 1900, probably that old bartender man hold all the secret thou...

and also tae is the oldest girl to dead she's 29 yo and her hobby is traveling (from official page) this little hint might lead us to somewhere, like the one found zombie ressurection method and the first guinea pig, since her code is "Number 0"

There's a theory that the bartender is actually Xu Fu, an ancient Chinese sorcerer who travel to Japan to find elixir of life.
Dec 21, 2018 9:16 PM

Sep 2009
honestly, wtf has bad luck against poor Sakura, she was a good girl, full of hope, always trying to do her best, helping others, I mean... Why? Even after she died and recovered her memories, bad luck is at it again screwing this girl. Not even Final Destination was this tragic.
Dec 21, 2018 11:30 PM

Mar 2015
That has to be the biggest 'fuck you go read the source' ever.
Dec 22, 2018 1:58 AM

Jun 2013
DonTrumpolino said:
I believe that the character of Tae-chan was the sole saint in this show and not Sakura or Kotaro. Her drool helped bond everyone together and save the day, whenever they were in parill.

AGREED! Tae-chan was the best character in the entire series. This was her episode, not Sakura. I liked each character for their own unique traits but Tae-chan will always by my chicken girl.

That cliffhanger tho!!! We still need to know if Tae-chan is an assassin, royalty or a former member of the Shinsengumi.

Anyway, Kotaro/Inui was Sakura's classmate? I wanted to see his fucking eyeballs.

7/10 for the amazing Tae-chan.
臭い-
Dec 22, 2018 10:50 AM

Feb 2014
Legendary Yamada Tae stole the hearts of people alive with her dead drools. Damn she saved Saga first and now the team. We need a new season just for those happy moves.
When someone asks me why I like anime, I'd say Just Because.

Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Zombieland Saga Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 22, 2018

380 by AngelicSuccubus »»
Sep 30, 1:39 PM

Poll: » Zombieland Saga Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 8, 2018

145 by AwesomeAli2832 »»
Sep 15, 6:51 PM

Poll: » Zombieland Saga Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 15, 2018

173 by retronikki »»
Jun 21, 3:28 PM

Poll: » Zombieland Saga Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 13, 2018

139 by _untitled »»
Jun 11, 12:47 AM

Poll: » Zombieland Saga Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 6, 2018

118 by _untitled »»
Jun 11, 12:33 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.