Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
May 5, 2018 7:58 PM

Jul 2009
I wonder if this "experiment" is the doctor's way of getting the kids to bang xD (Kokoro totally wants Mitsuru).

Anyway, I'm liking the change of tone.

-Mitsuru is no longer an unbearable prick and got a cute new look (lol isn't that normally what the girl character does to turn a new leaf xD).
-Zorome is a little less Papa gungho (only a little tho, he just had to go crying for papa after dinner).
-Ichigo has backed off treating Zero Two like an enemy and has (probably) gotten over the fact Hiro doesn't want her.
-Zero Two is happier :)
-Futoshi is getting a little more development (he's obviously depressed because Kokoro abandoned him)

and that's about it for the kids who have shown some growth/change. I hope we see more of Zero Two's old team.

I wonder what's up with Miku? Are the kids aging faster?

May 5, 2018 8:17 PM

Jan 2017
Aeoness said:
Let me speculate!

I don't think anyone dying in DITF. The Apes and Nines are enemies here. Whatever they wanted from that female character (mother? leader of klaxosaurs?...) made her angry. She is coming for revenge, final blow to humanity! Meanwhile Zero Two-Hiro get separated. She sees living together with humans is possible, through Zero Two-Hiro relationship, so she gives 'the key' to Zero Two and sacrifices herself to destroy apes and nines. With that key, Zero Two becomes 'human' and saves Squad 13, uninhibiting the shackles making them getting older and dying. And Kokoro-Mitsuru/Zero Two-Hiro couples make babies. Zorome-Miku couple lives a neko-ish life. More hints are needed for Goro-Ichigo-Ikuno-Futoshi. ;P

Interesting that you say Kokoro and Mitsuru will be the ones having a baby because in the opening they're the only couple (Other than Hiro and Zero Two) looking and extending their hand at each other, so I'm pretty sure those two will have a happy ending.
*laughs in Dimple*
May 5, 2018 8:18 PM

Nov 2016
Good episode. New OP and ED are also good.

Lot's of good development since father stopped interacting with them.

I can't wait to see what the future hold for the squad.

5/5
May 5, 2018 8:35 PM
Sep 2011
I am steeling my heart right now ...... plz dont be like guilty crown or gurren lagann
May 5, 2018 8:42 PM
Mar 2018
Imohammed206 said:
Am I the only one who is angry at kokoro ?
I don’t ship her with Fat Guy i don’t even know his name
But what i am really angry at is that she promised to stay by his side forever and then she broke the promise at the same day and now she is kissing mitsuru ? Am not against her love for him but at least she did not have to promise the fat guy and break the promise
Am i wrong ? 🤔🤔

@Cureill
If you looked at her face when she made the promise, it was obvious she was discontent with making that promise but was forced to because she didn’t want to hurt Fujoshi’s feelings at the time.

And in this episode, when she had kissed Mitsuru, this was finally the moment where she showed her true feelings and detached herself from the image the others thought of her to be. She was never in love with Fujoshi, and as harsh as it was when she broke their promise, Futoshi himself was being too clingy, so he brought this down upon himself.
RyunskeMay 5, 2018 8:53 PM
May 5, 2018 9:00 PM
Mar 2018
The new OP is giving me goosebumps, and from the new OP, I think zero two will either disappear or dead , or maybe back to a monster that can't remember anything
May 5, 2018 9:26 PM
Jan 2018
If a month has passed why does everyone react like 02s behaviour is new if she's been living with them a month. And I like how hiro just sneaks into her room when everyone is a sleep
May 5, 2018 9:33 PM

Mar 2016
Lol, 16 epsiodes in and finally something interesting happens. I hope they don't resolve it next epsiode like they always do lol. Man what a trainwreck of a show haha.
Sigh.
May 5, 2018 9:42 PM

Oct 2013
The ship has sailed !

But the new OP and ED makes the destination concerning D:

Mattinator95 said:
If a month has passed why does everyone react like 02s behaviour is new if she's been living with them a month. And I like how hiro just sneaks into her room when everyone is a sleep

I'm pretty sure the first few days Zero Two would be unable to interact normally.
You also need to take account all the damage and new situation the rest of the squad got into.
falken28May 5, 2018 9:48 PM
May 5, 2018 10:10 PM

Sep 2017
Great episode lets get the theories ....

ボールルームダンサー
May 5, 2018 10:23 PM

Jul 2014
Why do you do this to me Darling in the Franxx? One who's all excited to watch the episode and you drop Zero Two disappearing in the opening and then Miku with his hair turning white....Miku :'( noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
May 5, 2018 10:24 PM

Oct 2012
Enjoyed that episode quite a bit even though it seems to be one big flag. I must say it would be hard living like that after seeing that Klaxosaur hand from the previous episode. I really don't know how they get any sleep at night. Glad Mitsuru finally changed that awful hairstyle and attitude of his.
May 5, 2018 10:26 PM
Jul 2018
"Death Flags: The Episode"
May 5, 2018 10:51 PM

Mar 2008
Zero Two's pause when she saw Miku's hair turning white has me worried. They better not start killing them off.
May 5, 2018 10:53 PM
Jul 2018
I like the new OP visuals, even though the song is just a remix!

The episode was a bit plain, but a lot of character development which is nice, I was hoping to see more of the action stuff though
May 5, 2018 11:15 PM

May 2017
RobertBobert said:
dehuman said:
lol they all got a death flag

Nana got a headache damn do not let her die please she is best girl imo

and Dr. FranXX said Nana and Hachi have gone this road before lol so they were FranXX pilots after all

Miku's hair is starting to get white i think this FrnXX pilots age so fast thats why they never reach adulthood

that Klaxosaur Princess though i think she is the sister of Zero Two

and that ED shows Ikuno X Ichigo wow

Yuri = death flag?)

Stefannofornari said:
Did anyone notice that the new ending features Ikuno kind of kissing Ichigo?

People started writing about this even earlier than someone watched the episode, lol.

Nah, the ED is in a modern day settings, can't take that thing seriously so it's really just a yuri bait
May 5, 2018 11:19 PM
Jan 2017
We got a nice "recovery" episode, with some very useful character building.
That bit at the end was troublesome, could that be the princess they were talking about at the beginning of the episode.
May 5, 2018 11:25 PM

May 2015
Minus episode 14, I think the show has finally hit it's stride in the second half. Episodes 13 and 15 are the best so far, but this episode doesn't fall that far behind. Mitsuru is actually becoming somewhat likeable, we've gotten past most of the bs teen drama, and the story looks like it's going places as well. I'm excited to see how they wrap this thing up.

May 5, 2018 11:42 PM
Apr 2011
Death flags everywhere.
May 5, 2018 11:45 PM
May 2018
Well, it look like Zero Two is back to her usual self.
May 6, 2018 12:16 AM

Aug 2013
I honestly never liked Zero two before, I like me some aggresive girl, but somepart just scream fake and meh about her. but this ep I genuinely thought Zero two is cute...

I was like, "You look cool Mitsuru" = "You dont look so high and mighty anymore you shitty brat" lol

meh, doesn't even care anymore about futoshi, He's probably gonna be the one that didn't get any pairing, and the glasses girl is the another one. Goro SHOULDN'T end up alone, He need to get paired with Ichigo for all care. He already done and put up so much that the saying "Being alone is better than being with the wrong person" can't do him any justice anymore

daym, that's Kaneki syndrome lol

nice episode overall, worth the wait for that's for sure...
May 6, 2018 12:20 AM

Dec 2016
Was a good ep but holly that cliffhanger :( how is that legit
Signature removed. Please have a positive iq.
May 6, 2018 1:00 AM
Mar 2018
Ironwarrer said:
And if the Klaxosaur princess turns out to be the progenitor mother of Zero Two with a human ... I wonder, Would she like to know that her daughter flirts with a human... humans, who have been waging a terrible War against her, for so many years? xD

I expect a bloody war response against this relationship... a Battle using a Klaxosaur Dragon, against the FranXX? that would be epic and very original... until now most of the Klaxosaurs have been somewhat stupid... a Klaxosaur Dragon would be more intelligent?

... if the Princess has that, what the hell was the giant hand?... other Klaxosaur bigger, under your orders? FUUUUCK!! xD

It is verified, the Papa's Committee , want something that is in the hands of the Klaxosaur Princess, but what thing? if they try to free the human being from his bodily condemnation... the Princess will have something to destroy the AT Field or something like that? xD

About the ED is beautiful! but no doubt a theory continues to break my head, it is as if they were living in a completely alternate world... where their alter ego live a normal life, seeing the events of the lives of the other girls on the other side of that mirror ... and each chapter that passes, that gap, that glass, is each time less perceptible and they can see towards the other side of their lives...

An Ikuno that has a strong love for Ichigo...

an provoked and daring Miku that carries a very mundane life...

a Kokoro that only wants to live a life with his lover... Whose tie is that and arm? Mitsuru-kun? xD WOOOW Kokoro what a romantic girl!!

Ichigo looks at a picture of someone I love... and from whom he was separated.

Two Zero Two fighting one against the other to know which one is real... and which one is false??

But all of them walk down a long thin path in which a special line is joined where they have normal lives... but at the same time they can observe their alter ego, fight for their lives on the other side. The difference in this ED is, what is the reality... and what is only the fiction on the other side of the mirror.

The OP by the way is beautiful! using the same song and just changing the rhythm and some of the tone of Mika Nakashima, they managed to make a fantastic Opening that by the way was mostly built using images from the series in general? It was a good recycling, it was nice as well! xD

By the way... the disaster is definitely coming! There are Death Flags everywhere! ;(
one of the 2 zero two dont have horns too
May 6, 2018 1:02 AM
Jul 2017
All i can see is death flags but i really don't want anyone to die :(
May 6, 2018 1:07 AM
Mar 2018
Obviously that's an allegory of Zero Two's desire to become a human.
May 6, 2018 1:47 AM

Mar 2014
Death flags on death flags, especially with the grey hair
May 6, 2018 2:50 AM

Apr 2017
Miku's hair is turning white, holy shit she's turning into Chaika.
cunnysseur
May 6, 2018 2:51 AM

Apr 2008
It took them 15 episodes to get a good episode out? Well, I be damned.
I shall know no fear as I am fear incarnated
May 6, 2018 3:23 AM

Oct 2015
Just re-watching this episode again. What a wonderful episode. I love 02 already but this episode made me love her more.

ZingFreelancer said:
It took them 15 episodes to get a good episode out? Well, I be damned.

Well good for you I guess . Better late than nothing.
May 6, 2018 3:28 AM

Feb 2012
Longing4Abyss said:
I'm calling it now, the princess and the beast story happened in real life many years ago between Dr. FranXX and the klaxo princess in some way, now he's trying to re-enact it with Hiro and Zero Two hence why he tells Nana to just shut up and keep going with the plan.

Honestly that would be the most interesting thing and the best direction that these series could take.

But it might end up like Aeoness said:

Aeoness said:
Let me speculate!

I don't think anyone dying in DITF. The Apes and Nines are enemies here. Whatever they wanted from that female character (mother? leader of klaxosaurs?...) made her angry. She is coming for revenge, final blow to humanity! Meanwhile Zero Two-Hiro get separated. She sees living together with humans is possible, through Zero Two-Hiro relationship, so she gives 'the key' to Zero Two and sacrifices herself to destroy apes and nines. With that key, Zero Two becomes 'human' and saves Squad 13, uninhibiting the shackles making them getting older and dying. And Kokoro-Mitsuru/Zero Two-Hiro couples make babies. Zorome-Miku couple lives a neko-ish life. More hints are needed for Goro-Ichigo-Ikuno-Futoshi. ;P

It only remains to see how it'll go, I guess. I don't mind see either (or both???) of these scenarios come true, as long it's executed well.

I really like the new OP and ED. The visuals of the new OP are more interesting and aesthetic. The ED song is quite better than the previous one.

Tbh it was a really corny episode. Everyone's so positive and hopeful despite the grim reality, they laughed, they cried, Hiro had a motivational speech, 02 is so engaged with the group, smiling and being so, so happy with her darling. It really was as if I was seeing a different character - I'm nicely surprised, but also quite sceptical with this change?

Also I don't really like Mitsuru's new haircut. The old one suited more his character and it wasn't so generic, but I guess I could agree with the symbolism of "changing/turning a new leaf". The Mitsuru x Kokoro kiss felt kinda forced tho. The mood wasn't even romantic and she just straight went and kissed him - dayum gurl u thirsty, don't act like it was an accident. You perfectly knew what you were doing. Just let him talk about his goddamn issues that he needs to resolve, because whenever this subject is brought up, the series tries to quickly swoop it under the rug.

After such calm episode, I'm expecting shit to go down soon.

Edit: Also, who wants to bet that the mysterious new character (presumably the Klaxosaur Princess) was the one helping tiny 02 as the mysterious figure who gave her the pretty book? I assume it's either a mother or a sister.
signora-soleMay 6, 2018 3:35 AM
May 6, 2018 3:39 AM

Dec 2017
Great episode. So many little clue in the op.
Also it has been one month after the battle of grand crevasse so I think the peace and positive atmosphere is pretty reasonable.
That narehate princess at the bottom of the abyss though. One more week waiting arggggg
May 6, 2018 3:40 AM
Apr 2018
Pretty calm episode, I want the translate for the new opening, hope there will be a nice continue because there are many options they can do for future videos, like fight against papa or go outside the world far and start a new life, or hiro to tell mitsuru and others that his mind was erased, another zero two like people... Hope they will continue this series and make a great job continuously, and please make more than 24 episodes! Can't wait
May 6, 2018 4:03 AM

Mar 2018
The more I go back and read that story about the beast and prince the less I think it's about Zero Two. There are some similarities with Zero Two and Hiro and they probably wanted us to believe it's about them. Instead it would make a lot more sense if it's about Zero Two's mother. In that case according to the story her mother should've turned into some kind of monster.
May 6, 2018 4:44 AM

Jun 2017
Hopefully there will be no more Ichigo is trash arguments now.
May 6, 2018 4:58 AM
Apr 2018
This episode was great, even besides the new op there's so much to talk and speculate about, we get to see more on the aging process of the pilots, or though not a lot, it's something and it near confirms previous theories and it will most likely play a big part in the upcoming episodes
It's also nice to see some more character development, specifically ichigo, futoshi, mitsuru and zorome, I'm glad ichigo is finally letting go of her borderline obsessive tunnel vision on hiro, mitsurus moving past his grudges and zorome finally seeing past APE and his beloved papa
Though I believe there's a lot to speculate about futoshi, I'm not sure his eating problems stem from kokoro leaving, like a lot of people have mentioned, throughout the episode we see a few of squad 13 experiencing sickness and health problems since they've been left alone, it could just be another form of that, though only time will tell
Also who is that "klaxxosaur princess" at the end? Zero Twos sister? Mother? The silhouette person zero two remembers? I can't wait for her character to play a bigger part
And finally the ship has sailed!
May 6, 2018 5:04 AM

Feb 2014
Wow I can't believe that no one is talking about the HUGE death flag being raised for 02.

First of, her hair color is compared to the color of Sakuras, not to mention in the opening where she's fading into sakura petals.

Sakuras are a symbol of death in japan lmao.

Lmao at the ed tho. Signs of Ikuno x Ichigo? Goro is gonna get cucked twice
May 6, 2018 5:35 AM
Feb 2018
Eu acho que aquela mulher do final é ou mãe ou irmã da Zero Two, se não for, pelomenos ela também é uma híbrido igual a zero two, e no final da oppening para mim que está revelando um possível final do anime.
May 6, 2018 5:53 AM

Feb 2014
I was expecting a different OP song, but I guessed wrong. Still, it had a few differences in terms of sound and the new OP animation is more impressive than the last one. =)

As for the episode, it definitely has the feeling of "The calm before the storm", but even then, there was a decent number of talking points that this episode had, mainly the kiss between Kokoro and Mitsuru. I wonder what made Kokoro kiss Mitsuru like that, but they can thank their lucky starts that Futoshi wasn't around to see that, otherwise the poor guy would flip.

The whole group got used to doing all the chores by themselves since there isn't anyone to help them do that, apart from sending rations to them each week. Despite the limited resources, the group are getting along with each other again, especially Zero Two. =)

Although Zero Two and Hiro had a nice talk between the two near the end of the episode, saying "we'll be together, forever" does raise the infamous death flag between them. Plus, we got to see a slightly shadowed silhouette of a girl/klaxosaur at the end underneath the ground. She'll be making her move soon, I'm guessing, and that'll be where the drama and tension will make a comeback.

Nice episode overall. =D
May 6, 2018 5:58 AM

Jun 2017
The dragon klaxosaur has proper eyes here, maybe this one is fully organic instead of the machines? Either way, it seems pretty dangerous.

May 6, 2018 6:12 AM

Apr 2012
@TsundeReaper It's a bait or not, but as I interpret it, it talks about the hopelessness of her feelings.
May 6, 2018 6:32 AM

Sep 2014
Darnit mitsuru! You have gone from a distinguishable hairstyle to "generic anime boy" hairstyle.
I really really really hope this is not the beginning of another boring teenage drama SoL phase like in ep5 (or was it 6). I do liked this episode however. That beeing said, I have to repeat myself from what I said in Ep3 or so - just kill someone already. This wont have a happy ending. I highly doubt it. Come one, start the drama.

PS: Considering the adults where talking about a dino princess and the girl we saw in the end, I sure hope this wont be another one of the "we have to understand each other and come to peace" kind of stories. Thats just my personal preference though. A1 and Trigger might be able to handle it.
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
May 6, 2018 7:20 AM
Sep 2017
The New OP looks good it changed from red to blue and ED too
Zero Two really have changed I love her more now <3 and Kokoro x Mitsuru ship is on the way I didn't expect that kiss from Kokoro xd
I wonder in the last scene what role she will play there xd
MihailZMay 6, 2018 7:24 AM
May 6, 2018 7:43 AM

Nov 2017
This kind of character development is exactly what we needed after lasts episode intensity.
Each character really feels unique and alive. They didn't skip a beat to develop so many interesting plot threads and push all the characters forward in this one short, calm episode.
May 6, 2018 8:02 AM
Aug 2012
"we'll be together forever" he said it guys, yes he just said it and dunno why I feel it also mean a death/bad flag for them.
May 6, 2018 8:11 AM

May 2012
The opening song has amazing visuals. I loved the 1st but this one is even better
May 6, 2018 8:23 AM

Jun 2017
Loved this episode. Though i have a question. Why are they not talking about THAT GIANT HAND??? (which will be pretty plot relevant as its shown in OP)
or the deaths of a lot of adults in the plantations?
in my opinion they gloss too heavily over that xD Even with brainwashing.

Would've loved a bit more in that direction
But none the less. Character Progression. Great! (Unironical)
May 6, 2018 8:52 AM
Jan 2018
my god to be honest almost everytime i watched this anime, every minutes of it feels emotional for me. i was like in the middle between cry or laugh all the time. anyway there is hell lot of progress between everyone. it is almost ridiculuous about how 02 change( but it is not bad at all), ichigo seems mellow, goro tries to stay cool, miku and zorome still feels like a normal best couple. about 02 and and 016, they somehow progress a lot from a kid who doesn't know the concept of bf and gf, or husband and wife, the somehow quick become a lovey dovey. well what i really want to say tbh is how i hate kokoro. you know, that kind of girl who we tough is an innocent pure girl but then BANG she is a biatch. there is a hell lot of progress between kokoro and mitsuru, if i were to ship them i would be glad. but COME ON she betrayed futoshi who is a pure innocent boi, well mitsuru has his own comples, but futoshi really loves/d kokoro, he would die for her, and then she just left him even after they made a promise to stay together. guys, why do you think futoshi tried to diet to the point he got sick? for me it feels like it was because he still jealous and sad about kokoro, or maybe he thinks that if it was because he is fat so kokoro left him. anyway, futoshi not best boi, but he is more sad than goro.......

5/5 from me
May 6, 2018 8:53 AM
Jan 2018
thepath said:
The opening song has amazing visuals. I loved the 1st but this one is even better
it actuallly has same title of the first op, it is likely 1st op is 1st verse and this is verse 2
May 6, 2018 8:54 AM
Jan 2018
Bruneo said:
This kind of character development is exactly what we needed after lasts episode intensity.
Each character really feels unique and alive. They didn't skip a beat to develop so many interesting plot threads and push all the characters forward in this one short, calm episode.
except ikuno, she looks like a good girl in the side on the road
May 6, 2018 9:23 AM
Oct 2017
Can't interpret what he is trying to say..first he wants the show to end with 02 and hiro..other he wants to put right closure of each character in the end with everyone fulfilling the story purpose ..second this idiot don't think that the ending will be good for everyone..Wtf.. death flags.. the opening also suggests that.. but one the thing also remains 02 and hiro haven't seen the sakura flowers together with 02 in squad 13 dress..or will she die in a valley of sakura flowers ..but this will render hiro' s purpose useless..
Pages (8) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Darling in the FranXX Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 6, 2018

345 by Modek69 »»
7 hours ago

Poll: » Darling in the FranXX Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 14, 2018

1502 by imsevlol »»
Oct 4, 6:47 AM

Poll: » Darling in the FranXX Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 7, 2018

647 by cloudalpha »»
Sep 30, 8:20 AM

Poll: » Darling in the FranXX Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 10, 2018

363 by 143eitasasaki »»
Sep 21, 10:07 PM

Poll: » Darling in the FranXX Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 )

joe_g7 - Aug 8, 2018

70 by Cheer_Leader »»
Aug 22, 6:32 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.