Forum Settings
Forums
New
What is more important: Love or Loyalty?
Apr 15, 2018 10:43 PM

Aug 2009
So if you had to choose between someone that loved you intensely and someone that was loyal to you what would you choose? In most cases I feel like loyalty=love, but just because someone is loyal to you doesn't necessarily mean they "love" you a lot.

So for this thought experiments lets say both options are equally attractive. The one that loves you more is really horny and gets you gifts and always telling you how much they love you and they're fun and exciting, energetic and charming, BUT they're polyamorous and fucking other ppl and doesn't believe in monogamy.

The one that is loyal, still likes you, but just isn't really that intense, doesn't really get you presents and is not trying to smash all the time and she might be a little boring and pretty chill and never really tells you about how she feels, BUT shes loyal to you and only you; wouldn't even think of getting with another person.

So which would you choose?
LoneWolfApr 16, 2018 10:04 AM

"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself."
-Friedrich Nietzsche
Apr 16, 2018 8:59 AM
Oct 2017
i agree love and loyalty are important in relationships
Apr 16, 2018 9:18 AM

Sep 2011
This is kinda hard for me to decide.

I guess I'd go for loyalty. Love can betray and the feeling of being betrayed isn't really a good feeling for me, regardless on how that person loves me.

Apr 16, 2018 9:20 AM

Aug 2014
I would've chosen the love option, but you had to make it so troublesome, so I'll go with loyalty.

(In reality, though, if someone loved me that intensely, they'd be loyal.)
Apr 16, 2018 9:35 AM

Jan 2009
Loyalty is actually an important Part of Love. The Flower "Forget-me-not" symbolizes "true Love" and is a Symbol against forgetting and for keeping loyal/faithful to someone or something.

What you mean by "Love" is probably "Affection". In that Case, I would still prefer Loyalty, though I cannot say how I will think once I get to know actual, true Affection. For now, I long for unwavering, loyal Relationships (Friends) much more than for any physical Intimacy.
Apr 16, 2018 9:36 AM

Aug 2016
Your description of the hypothetical loyal girl in a relationship sounds a lot more like love to me than your description of the hypothetical loving girl does. As somebody who's not very sociable or talkative in real life, I don't need intense passion or lengthy vows to know somebody loves me. Actions speak much louder than words, so no matter how much your hypothetical loving girl would claim she loves me, I would never once believe her because her actions just don't match with that claim.
Apr 16, 2018 10:44 AM
Jul 2018
VR Waifus are more important obviously
Apr 16, 2018 10:52 AM
Cat Hater

Feb 2017
Whatever makes my partner happy. I would like them to be loyal of course but I also want to know how they feel and be open with me about their wishes, dreams, etc.

I choose love since else we won't be together in the first place thus loyalty is irrelevant.
Apr 16, 2018 11:37 AM

Mar 2016
You should be loyal to the one you love.
Loyalty is important for everything.
WORK IN PROGRESS
~The frog leapt forth to my lilypad memory.~
I was indoctrinated by an inamorata rabbit,
Adenomata affronted.
It was the verecund, dismissed creatures
That I jubilated in most.
This rabbit I would nurture,
At the aiguille of esse,
The anneal of noblesse.
❤️ Birdie ❤️

Apr 16, 2018 12:08 PM

Aug 2016
Definitely go with the VR waifus. Anyone played VR Kanajo?

バカ
I'm not smart, I just wear glasses
"Anime is just Japanese Cartoons, Cartoons are just Western Anime"
☁ н є ѕ ι т α т ι σ и ☁
Apr 16, 2018 12:22 PM

Jan 2018
I prefer loyalty because face it we are going to be old and ugly if we managed to live that long. My friend always try to decide who's good for me so I ended up not knowing who is right for me and now I'm empty. I like anime though so there's that.

Flat as a surfing board is ugly?
Apr 16, 2018 1:02 PM

Mar 2017
Loyalty

because if someone "loved you" then still betrayed you that would fuck you up a lot.
Apr 17, 2018 9:47 AM

Jan 2017
loyalty, a trust is the most important thing in every relationship...
🙄
Apr 17, 2018 1:30 PM

Jun 2015
loyalty is the best quality a person can have.
Apr 19, 2018 11:13 PM

Dec 2015
I'd say loyalty. It's essential and one of the best (if not the best) quality you can have.
Apr 20, 2018 1:18 AM

Nov 2016
Well loyality is more important. It's an important quality to have if loving someone.
Apr 20, 2018 3:02 AM

Dec 2017
Why choose between the two? Of course its both. These are important when it comes to friendship and relationships.
Apr 20, 2018 5:21 AM
Jul 2018
Loyalty is more important. A relationship without trust/faith and truthfulness is nothing.
Apr 20, 2018 5:39 AM

Mar 2018
I would say love in that sense but even with one on one love there is also loyalty there. I don't think there could be in that sense without it. In fact if you took loyalty out of the situation altogether it would be more like love on a higher, spiritual level where there is respect for all things and their movement with total acceptance. You can reach those feelings either route but one on one is just the human experience and both just need to be there for that.
Apr 20, 2018 6:34 AM

Feb 2015
Love means nothing if you can't rely on them when you might need them. Having someone love me but not loyal to me would be a major disconnect. Meanwhile, the other way around would be just fine (without the love, more-so as a solid friendship, rather than a romantic relationship).
Apr 20, 2018 8:38 AM

Feb 2016
I'd much rather have a very reserved, but loyal partner whom I know I can rely on to be faithful. A monogamous relationship, whilst seen by a growing minority today as just one of many outdated social norms, is still the only form of relationship I'd feel comfortable with.

Even if they constantly told me they loved me, showered me with gifts and left me feeling sore in the morning, the fact that they are doing the same thing with other people would eat away at me and slowly drive me mad. It just wouldn't 'feel' like they truly loved me, no matter how many times they said it.
--- + ---
"Random quotes in signatures are like friends. Everyone seems to have them, except me."
Sun Tzu, probably

Apr 20, 2018 8:44 AM

Aug 2017
Comrade I would say they are equal in a relationship stand point, but in the RED ARMY stand point I would have to go with loyalty. If your'e not loyal to the SOVIET UNION, then how would I know that you are not giving the enemy our information or technology.
Apr 20, 2018 11:18 AM

Oct 2015
Does it have to be in a romantic situation? The last time I felt romantic love was when I was a whee 8 years old elementary kid learning how to write in cursive.

Well, I would want a loyal companion, even in a "if" romantic relationship, even if she doesn't necessarily love me, I still want to be able to rely on people.

𝔚𝔞𝔫𝔫𝔞 𝔱𝔬𝔲𝔠𝔥 𝔶𝔬𝔲,
𝔚𝔞𝔫𝔱𝔦𝔫' 𝔶𝔬𝔲 𝔴𝔦𝔱𝔥 𝔞𝔩𝔩 𝔪𝔶 𝔪𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱

Apr 21, 2018 6:05 AM

Mar 2016
Love without loyalty is no true love. No such thing as polyamorous people.
Apr 21, 2018 6:13 AM

Jul 2015
love without fidelity & loyalty is doubtful of being real love.
if you are dating someone who is openly polygamous aka cheating on you, then you have no self respect.

More topics from this board

» Has anyone here tried learning an artificial language?

Malkshake - Today

6 by MalchikRepaid »»
24 minutes ago

» What does your username mean? ( 1 2 )

DesuMaiden - Apr 16

90 by mayoise »»
28 minutes ago

» Why isn't Israel and the USA in the British Commonwealth?

vasipi4946 - Jun 12

18 by RuneRem »»
1 hour ago

» 2023-2024 NBA Season Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

deg - Jun 18, 2023

856 by Hitagi__Furude »»
1 hour ago

» Overly Specific & Stupid Food Rules/Etiquette

vasipi4946 - Jun 12

19 by MalchikRepaid »»
1 hour ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.