Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Mar 17, 2018 12:10 PM
Jan 2011
ImmortalDao said:
Is it me or was he dreaming about his birth or something similar? The light, the warmth and the final scream. Was that old woman releated to him somehow? She's not his mother but there should be a connection with him because as soon as she died (my assumption as she was sick) he stopped having these strange dreams. Let's wait and see. Perhaps they are sick children who doesn't have a long life expectancy and are given to military as weapons.

Mar 17, 2018 12:11 PM

Feb 2018
15poundfish said:
I am calling it that the children are infected with a virus or DNA of the klaxosaurs which will either slowly kill them while piloting the mechs or possibly turn them to a klaxosaur once they reach a certain age. If you notice in previous episodes the main Mc's blood color is similar to a klaxosaur. The adults harness the magma energy to help them live extremely long lives in their no conflict utopia and use expendable children to fight klaxosaurs and gather magma energy to preserve that live style. I am guessing at the end of this show there is going to be a huge rebellion from the children to unsurp the authority of the adults.

Maybe oxygen is toxic ...
We never saw an adult go out.
Mar 17, 2018 12:17 PM

Aug 2015
Well, that was an unnerving episode. Zorome running off on his own was predicable.
Mar 17, 2018 12:28 PM
Mar 2018
I don't think they're truly infected with anything, it's probably meant metaphorically. In the beginning they were saying that the kids are flawed because they don't conform like the other units or society does, and that they are too individualistic. The infection could just refer to the fact they believe the kids are an imperfect batch of pilots because of something they have yet to be able to explain. It's much easier to force a population to conform if they believe the ones that stand out or are different are the problem.
Also could the show be aimed at Japanese society in general, they're facing both an age crisis and a sex crisis and as a culture value conformity, as a way to express why they should change
AwwcricketsMar 17, 2018 12:36 PM
Mar 17, 2018 12:34 PM

Aug 2011
I've just noticed something in the opening.

First of all, when every character appears alone, we can see "FXX" what, obviously, come from "FranXX" and as we know, that "XX" come from the chromosomes, so, that "FXX" make to to think that, maybe, it's their chromosomes (yea, boys can be XX too, with bad things, but can be possible) and, looking at that possibility, it means that in FranXX that "ran" could be the Ran proteine (yes it exists xD) so, maybe, that means something.

And the other thing is, in that scenes, we can see too the names of their FranXX, all of them are names of plants, and, all of them, except Miku's and Zorome's FranXX, has a name of a perenne plant. So, that maybe it's because, they (or one of them two) will not be "perenne", so, will dead.

And one thing more but kinda meh, it's when 002 appears in the op, we can see the "FXX" too, but a large secuence of XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX, maybe from her klax blood?

Just that.
Sorry, im not native englishxd
Mar 17, 2018 12:42 PM
#1 Hitagi Lover

Apr 2014
I like how this was a Zorome focused episode. The city itself is weird though. It's empty and looks dead seemingly. Not to mention the woman Zorome encounters is far from normal. How she tells Zorome how she doesnt speak to her partner and how they have machines that "feed them happiness" all show that Papa is doing some fishy things even to the adults. I'm sure if becoming an adult meant living a life like that woman and her partner, the kids will obviously be against it.

Also I've seen alot of comments saying the woman could be Zorome's mother but I just dont see it. There's not enough info and to me she seems like the type of guardian that took care of multiple children and so that could be why he feels some connection.

Also it seems Zero Two is growing. Her klax blood seems to have given her bigger fangs which look very nice on her. Am very much looking forward to the next episode.
AntwanMantillaMar 17, 2018 12:48 PM
Mar 17, 2018 12:48 PM

Apr 2014
Eh that was okay. The time spent with Zorome and his mother/grandmother/blood relative was the clear highlight of this episode. Otherwise I don't really feel I gained much out of it.
Mar 17, 2018 12:49 PM

Aug 2014
If you only count this episodes. The show seems directly portrait some undertones against the Japanese society (and many western countries). Japan has big problems with getting new children and aging people. Young adults are not interested in sex/relationship. A survey of Japanese people aged 18 to 34 found that almost 70 percent of unmarried men and 60 percent of unmarried women are not in a relationship.
Moreover, many of them have never got close and cuddly. Around 42 percent of the men and 44.2 percent of the women admitted they were virgins.

Even Denmark are sending out commercials on TV to get people to have sex to have more children.

Probably one reason why this show have so heavy undertones with sex, relationships and peek interests between male and females. But I can be totally wrong tough.
Mar 17, 2018 1:02 PM
Mar 2009
Sweanime said:
If you only count this episodes. The show seems directly portrait some undertones against the Japanese society (and many western countries). Japan has big problems with getting new children and aging people. Young adults are not interested in sex/relationship. A survey of Japanese people aged 18 to 34 found that almost 70 percent of unmarried men and 60 percent of unmarried women are not in a relationship.
Moreover, many of them have never got close and cuddly. Around 42 percent of the men and 44.2 percent of the women admitted they were virgins.

Even Denmark are sending out commercials on TV to get people to have sex to have more children.

Probably one reason why this show have so heavy undertones with sex, relationships and peek interests between male and females. But I can be totally wrong tough.
Sweanime said:

No,youre right, that's the meaning of this episode, Zorome is too damn early to understand it, it's very contrast for the moral of story.

Btw, nobody noticed that the old lady said she's using "Pet setting" on medical checker to Zorome to work? Damn, that is a subtle of hint that Parasites children is inhumane after all,also.........

Notice the old lady and zorome have the same glossy purple eyes?
Mar 17, 2018 1:15 PM

Oct 2015
nightcrawlercyp said:
Seems a bit like brave new world with old people. Everyone is old. They make children artificially, they eat artificially, they feel joy the same way. They are indeed dead.

Yeah the episode kinda reminds me of brave new world like the soma pill etc..
Mar 17, 2018 1:25 PM

Mar 2018
KanameFujiwara said:
ImmortalDao said:
Is it me or was he dreaming about his birth or something similar? The light, the warmth and the final scream. Was that old woman releated to him somehow? She's not his mother but there should be a connection with him because as soon as she died (my assumption as she was sick) he stopped having these strange dreams. Let's wait and see. Perhaps they are sick children who doesn't have a long life expectancy and are given to military as weapons.

Why spoiler? Everyone watched the episode here.
However, I am not so sure. Perhaps it's a little bit more complicated because if she was his mother the natural treatment should work on him. It's strange.
Mar 17, 2018 1:30 PM

Sep 2016
finally something relevant is happening
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Mar 17, 2018 1:33 PM
Jul 2014
The episode previous to this was a bit dull, but there's a ton of worldbuilding going on here that is frankly a bit disturbing. We get to see, first of all, why zero-two calls it a "lifeless city"; it quite literally is. There are no children, and the elderly within the city are quite clearly subject to Methuselah-itzation. Which is to say, that in this world people have become immortal and no longer age. But it's an imperfect process such that they are caught at the end of their lives; they no longer have energy and have been together for so long with their assigned partners that they have forgotten what it is to love, to speak, and to care for one another. As the nameless woman says, they are by now merely "following an ancient custom."

The obvious conclusion, therefore, is that the children are designer children bred to fight and either locked in a youthful immortality to maintain their present condition or designed to die at an early age.
Mar 17, 2018 1:47 PM
Mar 2018
Well,
That city doesn't look fun to me.
Neither the people in it!
I kinda feel bad for the kids, they are living for this moment and it will be a huge disappointment.

I am also pretty curious of what Zero Two is up to!
She definitely know's things..

Can't wait until the next episode!
Mar 17, 2018 1:53 PM

Sep 2013
Zorome gets a dose of the city he dreamed of but reality sucks.
The grandma is probably his mother but their way of life is distant and cold.
02 fangs ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Mar 17, 2018 1:55 PM

Mar 2018
Sweanime said:

Now that you mention it perhaps this is the reason behind the recent increase in sex-theme oriented manga and anime. There is a lot of mature themes and explicit scenes like never before. Some years ago it was like a holy grail speaking about sex in mangas but now...
Mar 17, 2018 1:56 PM

Dec 2017
I really hope that 002 kinda shows them how the adults think they are expendable, especially after this episode. I think that after his interaction in the city, Zorome might be having his own doubts about what they mean to the adults, especially after how he was by far the one who admired them the most.
Mar 17, 2018 2:07 PM

Dec 2015
Apart from being mildly creeped out, I didn't like this episode. At one point I felt like it was turning out well, but I was wrong.
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Mar 17, 2018 2:18 PM

Sep 2014
So I have to get this out now, Im a little disappointed. Every single episode since idk ep5 or so feels like they are teasing us. It should be obvious by now that this is not a happy story, this episode confirmed it (again..). If they dont plan to give this a second season, this story is halfway done.
GIVE US THAT TWIST ALREADY

Im a bad person for saying this but JUST KILL SOMEONE

Everything feels like there is a twist coming, some tragic event, some death, its not all just lovey dovey SoL. Even the beach episode confirmed it again.

In every single episode there is like 10% serious plot. A piece of a puzzle. I just feel like they gave us enough hints and should finally start the real show.

In this episode they teased us so much again. They showed us that the adult probably told zorome what they are designed for since they cant become adults I guess they are not supposed to live that long. Or that they would not fit in the "society", like a bug in the matrix. Then the guys who picked him up again teased us by saying he is a victim since he is infected. Oh yes, I have seen enough anime to realize this is the reason kids pilot the gundam or rather the FRANXX. We could create thousands of theories by now, but I genuinely feel that they should not continue the show the way they are right now. Its halfway over. It feels like an outstanding anime, it probably will be an outstanding anime. Considering Trigger is involved and this is original, we will get a proper story. But I just dont want the "good part" to be 5 out of 24 episodes. I surely enjoy my SOL and moe anime, but if I want that I would watch a dedicated sol anime. I dont go and watch Evangelion if I want something lighthearted after all.

I was expecting Zorome to be a bit shocked or traumatized, but the way he was happily cleaning the bathroom made me worry about how long they will take with the plot to get serious.

TL;DR Im sitting during the entire episode thinking "kill somebody, give us tragedy, give us drama". It feels ike they are just scraping over the plot, but they have done that enough.

PS: Aside from that I still wonder why these kids are supposed to be super special even among other kids, as I understand it none of the kids are going to become adults, which means they will fight till they die or they will get killed by the adults when they arent usefull anymore. But this applies to all the squads, not just this one. So why exactly are they supposed to be an experiment.

If next episode is just teasing again I will probably drop this and binge it when its over, but I dont really want to miss out on the weekly format. Im torn.
Comander-07Mar 17, 2018 2:25 PM
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Mar 17, 2018 2:22 PM

Jun 2016
Wait was the old woman his mother...? If so, then it's good she didn't tell Zorome, the poor guy would be devastated after she told him they were pitiful with a smile on her face...
Although we saw her partner they didn't give us an actual answer as to why he was on that thing and gave a pretty creepy smile but a theory i have is that the man is also 'infected' like the children, ence needing to be disabled of getting out of that machine.
That smile could be because he sensed another infected near (Zorome) and though to himself 'you're gonna end up like me' or something, because i think that's what infected males become after turning into adult, they turn insane or some shit. Maybe infected females do too, and the ones who look after them are normal mans.
Now, the old woman getting weaker, maybe it's because she staying too long near Zorome (?) idk what to say about her to be honest, but that's possible.
Mar 17, 2018 2:27 PM

Dec 2017
AntwanMantilla said:

Also I've seen alot of comments saying the woman could be Zorome's mother but I just dont see it. There's not enough info and to me she seems like the type of guardian that took care of multiple children and so that could be why he feels some connection.

ye, i don't see it either. they have a similar eye color, but nothing other than that

Sweanime said:

lul, i really wouldn't go that far with the train of thoughts. from my perspective what they're trying to show here is just a basic idea of utopia without the concept of love or basically any emotion (there are a lot of books that show the same concept like Fahrenheit 451, The Giver, etc. the idea is not new). but i can certainly feel where you got that from, especially when granny was saying "they were dependent on each other, isn't that annoying?"
uninstallthegameMar 17, 2018 2:39 PM
Mar 17, 2018 2:28 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Interesting episode giving us an insight into the world. Got a real EVA fucked up adult world from this.

Any chance that the parasites are clones too and the old woman was the genetic donor of his partner (forgot her name)?
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Mar 17, 2018 2:29 PM
Feb 2014
Comander-07 said:
So I have to get this out now, Im a little disappointed. Every single episode since idk ep5 or so feels like they are teasing us. It should be obvious by now that this is not a happy story, this episode confirmed it (again..). If they dont plan to give this a second season, this story is halfway done.

Everything feels like there is a twist coming, some tragic event, some death, its not all just lovey dovey SoL. Even the beach episode confirmed it again.

In every single episode there is like 10% serious plot. A piece of a puzzle. I just feel like they gave us enough hints and should finally start the real show.

In this episode they teased us so much again. They showed us that the adult probably told zorome what they are designed for since they cant become adults I guess they are not supposed to live that long. Or that they would not fit in the "society", like a bug in the matrix. Then the guys who picked him up again teased us by saying he is a victim since he is infected. Oh yes, I have seen enough anime to realize this is the reason kids pilot the gundam or rather the FRANXX. We could create thousands of theories by now, but I genuinely feel that they should not continue the show the way they are right now. Its halfway over. It feels like an outstanding anime, it probably will be an outstanding anime. Considering Trigger is involved and this is original, we will get a proper story. But I just dont want the "good part" to be 5 out of 24 episodes. I surely enjoy my SOL and moe anime, but if I want that I would watch a dedicated sol anime. I dont go and watch Evangelion if I want something lighthearted after all.

I was expecting Zorome to be a bit shocked or traumatized, but the way he was happily cleaning the bathroom made me worry about how long they will take with the plot to get serious.

TL;DR Im sitting during the entire episode thinking "kill somebody, give us tragedy, give us drama". It feels ike they are just scraping over the plot, but they have done that enough.

PS: Aside from that I still wonder why these kids are supposed to be super special even among other kids, as I understand it none of the kids are going to become adults, which means they will fight till they die or they will get killed by the adults when they arent usefull anymore. But this applies to all the squads, not just this one. So why exactly are they supposed to be an experiment.

If next episode is just teasing again I will probably drop this and binge it when its over, but I dont really want to miss out on the weekly format. Im torn.

My thoughts exactly. They should start answering some questions and fast. Then we can move on with the actual plot, instead of wondering which is which and what is what and speculating for like half the anime.
Mar 17, 2018 2:29 PM

Dec 2017
Nichalishis said:
I really hope that 002 kinda shows them how the adults think they are expendable, especially after this episode. I think that after his interaction in the city, Zorome might be having his own doubts about what they mean to the adults, especially after how he was by far the one who admired them the most.

you know, i was really hoping him to show this in some kind of way. like being all gloomy while cleaning the bathroom, but shit, they didn't show anything, sadly
Mar 17, 2018 2:33 PM

Dec 2016
When Zero Two said that city was lifeless she was absolutely spot on.

Why am I not surprised that Zorome got lost & found himself in that situation.

That woman was about to say something really important to him.

Sort of figured this out from hints in the last few episodes but it seems like none of them will become adults, nor did any of the past teams.

If they don't die in battle then the infection they carry will eventually kill them?

Oh wow look at those teeth, Zero Two is turning into a real monster by the looks of it, no wonder she had no energy at all throughout this episode.
Mar 17, 2018 2:38 PM

Dec 2017
what really annoys me in show is music. it's just completely unsuitable, when i feel like it's just about to give me a depressing vibe - they turn on some cheery shit which turns me off

fuck me, i wanna feel some sadness, some depression from these scenes, some confusion, some conflict. maybe some weird shit, like re:zero had. but damn it, they had so many good opportunities and they fucked up most of them, good fucking job

i was hoping this to be a part of TRIGGER's job, but apparently A1 took over it
Mar 17, 2018 2:39 PM

Sep 2014
zoderos said:
Comander-07 said:

My thoughts exactly. They should start answering some questions and fast. Then we can move on with the actual plot, instead of wondering which is which and what is what and speculating for like half the anime.
jeah like somebody else here already stated I dont feel like I get anything from this episodes so far.

Maybe I have simply watched too much movies/anime to find satisfaction with the concept alone, but honestly 11 episodes of nothing are just way too much. It seems kinda stupid to discuss anything about the plot, because everything is so obvious and everything else is just not covered so far. Like is it important if the adult was his mother or just some guardian who looked over him as a baby? No, I dont think it is. Its just important to know they had some sort of connection.
Or like "I dont know they are maybe a bit infected" for fucks sake that has literally been confirmed here.

The society reminds me a bit of Equilibrium (the movie). But all of this does not matter, I want to see 02 going berserk.

This is like Code Geass but the story never left the school. Every episode is just a normal school event episode in an anime about world domination. Or like Death Note but without a death note and Light just learns for his exams. Or Cross Ange but the story never goes part episdoe one. Oh now that I think about it - Madoka Magica but without the twist in EP3 and everything past it. Like Gurren Lagann but they never leave the underground. Like Evangelion but Shinji just drives home at the beginning and we see him playing violin or some stuff. Like Kill La Kill but ... without everything. Just idk watching them eat and sleep in class. Sure, I enjoy that to a degree. But not 11 episodes long. Not when it feels like at the same time at the other end of the world somebody just invented a mircowave which can time travel.
uninstallthegame said:
what really annoys me in show is music. it's just completely unsuitable, when i feel like it's just about to give me a depressing vibe - they turn on some cheery shit which turns me off

fuck me, i wanna feel some sadness, some depression from these scenes, some confusion, some conflict. maybe some weird shit, like re:zero had. but damn it, they had so many good opportunities and they fucked up most of them, good fucking job

i was hoping this to be a part of TRIGGER's job, but apparently A1 took over it

welcome to the club. You are not alone with that feeling.
Comander-07Mar 17, 2018 2:48 PM
Mar 17, 2018 2:42 PM

Dec 2015
I think they might need to be infected to actually be able to pilot the Franxx. And in the end they'll turn into Klaxosaurs. Sexual activity might speed up that process. (That's why they need compatibility between the couples but can't tell them about love/sex/kissing or they might go too far.)

Old woman could be mother or a person whose DNA had been used to clone the kids from. I certainly don't think she guessed his number just from his nickname.

Maybe her partner was the original 666
(and the 1st ones were adults and ended up like that and couldn't fight long in a Franxx without a virus and then they infected kids that could fight better but died completely in the end).

Are all the adults very old people? Or are some younger adults? We still don't know that. The soldier/police guys seemed younger. And one seemed to understand the situation of the kids. (But makes it sound like they know it is bad to use them ... but there is no other thing they could do to survive.)

APE guys at the top leadership seemed "evil" again.
Mar 17, 2018 2:48 PM
Feb 2014
AyumiVk said:
Wait was the old woman his mother...? If so, then it's good she didn't tell Zorome, the poor guy would be devastated after she told him they were pitiful with a smile on her face...
Although we saw her partner they didn't give us an actual answer as to why he was on that thing and gave a pretty creepy smile but a theory i have is that the man is also 'infected' like the children, ence needing to be disabled of getting out of that machine.
That smile could be because he sensed another infected near (Zorome) and though to himself 'you're gonna end up like me' or something, because i think that's what infected males become after turning into adult, they turn insane or some shit. Maybe infected females do too, and the ones who look after them are normal mans.
Now, the old woman getting weaker, maybe it's because she staying too long near Zorome (?) idk what to say about her to be honest, but that's possible.

Infected can mean a lot of things.

First, assuming the adults are really old people, who live in a sterile environment for a long period of time, then it would make sense they'll have really weak immune systems. It also makes sense that you don't see adults outside. If their immune system is weak, even the simplest infection can kill them. And given that the kids usually go outside without helmets/suits(like the beach episode), it's safe to assume they can transmit to them a simple flu virus or bacteria and kill them easily, just because their immune system is weakened.

Another possible explanation is that by infected, they meant "emotionally" infected. The adults have lost any semblance of individuality and are devoid of all emotion. This makes the society harmonious, but dull. They are also easier to control(by a high council like APE), since they are like mindless drones. In a setting like this, you don't want an individual(like the kids, who have their individuality and emotions intact) spreading ideas and ideals. You don't want the kids to reawaken the adults' supressed emotions by interacting with them. This can lead to conflict that will disturb the peace and the calmness. APE doesn't want that, so that's why they call the children "infected" and have them isolated.

And lastly, a third possible explanation is that the kids are genetically engineered using human DNA mixed with something else(probably klaxosaur?!). This way they can transmit and infect other people with a disease, that is probably fatal, so they are kept isolated and are forbidden from interacting with any adults.

And that's a major issue with this show at this point. So many questions, so little answers. You can speculate about anything at this point and we are almost half way in.
zoderosMar 17, 2018 3:07 PM
Mar 17, 2018 2:55 PM
✿。

Apr 2012
I'm glad they focused on world building this episode!
It provided us with some info, while also raising many important questions.

02 was clearly acting weird this episode & man it seems like she's starting to have fangs now!!
I think the reason why she needs to go through the tests is to probably keep her Klax side under control.
I recall back in the previous episodes, APE said something about how her blood shouldn't get mixed with Hiro or something like that.

I wonder if she'll start to look like the shadow in the picture soon

About the world the adults live in, I agree with 02 that it looks lifeless.
It felt empty & the way they lived didn't look normal to me.

At this point the children may never reach adulthood with them dropping hints of them being infected, so they would either die before turning into adults, or maybe they would turn into Klaxasours.

I wonder who that Lady was? Was she Zorome's mother or perhaps someone who used to take care of him as a kid. Also the heck is that heart device hanging on her chest + Her talk about this so called dose of happiness her partner is receiving.

Also the dream Zorome had at the beginning could be a memory of him when he was born.

Looking forward to the next ep!
-ArisaMar 17, 2018 4:33 PM

:: Sʏᴍᴘʜᴏɴɪᴀ

Fly me to the moon
Let me play among the stars
Let me see what spring is like
On jupiter and mars

☆ ★ ☆ ★
Mar 17, 2018 2:58 PM
Apr 2013
15poundfish said:
I am calling it that the children are infected with a virus or DNA of the klaxosaurs which will either slowly kill them while piloting the mechs or possibly turn them to a klaxosaur once they reach a certain age.

So the setting of this series is just Freezing with girl robots. That's pretty lame.
Mar 17, 2018 3:01 PM

Jun 2017
That was dark. Wonder what Zero Two is up to. If her Klax part is really suppressed it would make sense she would want to unleash it since she has Hiro now and can execute whatever escape she is planning.
Mar 17, 2018 3:07 PM

Jul 2015
@Comander-07 you're not alone.

Since Ep6, this series is behaving like an episodic anime. A good drama anime needs a good plot to move character interactions forward. Short stories/episodic are cheap drama.

The last thought of Zorome that he says "I stopped thinking about and even forgot about her" destroys any plot progression. I WILL concede that we got SOME world building. But the information given for a series that is already on Ep10 is not enough.

When Trigger/A-1 are going to start to connect the dots so we can see the big picture?

I hope this doesn't turn into another Re:Creators that left the whole plot conclusion in the last 3 episodes.

AdrianRubinskyMar 17, 2018 3:11 PM
Mar 17, 2018 3:09 PM

Apr 2016
SNDT said:
What the fuck is this shit? LUL

Made me LOL +1

<char limit>
Mar 17, 2018 3:15 PM

Sep 2014
AdrianRubinsky said:
@Comander-07 you're not alone.

Since Ep6, this series is behaving like an episodic anime. A good drama anime needs a good plot to move character interactions forward. Short stories/episodic are cheap drama.

The last thought of Zorome that he says "I stopped thinking about and even forgot about her" destroys any plot progression. I WILL concede that we got SOME world building. But the information given for a series that is already on Ep10 is not enough.

When Trigger/A-1 are going to start to connect the dots so we can see the big picture?

I hope this doesn't turn another Re:Creators that left the whole plot conclusion in the last 3 episodes.

Atleast Re:Creators had dedicated plot episodes and deciated "you could just as well skip them" episodes. If I recall correctly Mamika progressed the plot a lot at the beginning, atleast she made it interesting. Here we do have a tiny bit of plot and world building each episode. Ironically I binged the first 5 episodes and was hooked, and after that as you said the show started to get episodic. While this was one of the more plot relevant episodes lately, it just was not enough. I really really want this to be a good anime, but I fear it might become another Zankyou no Terror case (very very promising at the beginning, then just meh, then they finish the plot as good as they can)
Mar 17, 2018 3:26 PM

Dec 2017
-Arisa said:

02 was clearly acting weird this episode & man it seems like she's starting to have fangs now!!
I think the reason why she needs to go through the tests is to probably keep her Klax side under control.
I recall back in the previous episodes, APE said something about how her blood shouldn't get mixed with Hiro or something like that.

I wonder if she'll start to look like the shadow in the picture soon

i really hope they will show her like that, like at a certain moment she breaks down and goes completely berserk, not just that shitty screaming they showed last time
Mar 17, 2018 3:35 PM
Mar 2016
Man, those APE Bureaucrats seems to be more of the bad guys that them Klxaosaurs, Zorome is annoying.

So that old lady's partner in a capsule is receiving a happy drug, and it kinda looks like by the grin alone he's having some kind of wet dream.

So what were them parasite infected with , a Klaxsoaur Virus?????

So 02 is starting to develop fangs, so this means that she is a klaxsoaru waiting to evolve.
Mar 17, 2018 3:41 PM

Mar 2014
Very good episode. I liked the focus on Zorome. And his interactions with that lady were certainly interesting. Having to live with a partner you never talk to though... and she even said that she's not used to talking so much. They only get pleasure artificially too. This is all very sad and chilling to think about.
I wonder if Zero Two will be all okay. Anyway this ep had both focus on characters and some world building so I am very satisfied.
Mar 17, 2018 3:45 PM

Jan 2018
bitchassdarius said:
Zethus_Thorne96 said:

What will the last two episodes of the first half (1-12) bring to the table in terms of plot progression?

there will be two more beach episodes and that will be "character development"

you can’t deny the beach episode actually brought some plot to the table for once
Ueno best girL

Mar 17, 2018 4:00 PM

Jul 2016
I like that we got to see more of the adults and I think I have a theory: the "adults" make babys then the papa or whatever they're called take the new born babys and raise them in a special inviorment then it happens again which explains why 666 felt like he knew the old lady she is his mother but hay this is just a theory I created and I'm more than happy to hear your opinions on it :3
Mar 17, 2018 4:09 PM

Oct 2014
Very good episode with some development in chara and ambientation... So far Zorome and Miku team is that I like more. 5/5

CondemneDio said:
A1 same face syndrome strikes again.
The granny looks exatcly like the dead kid in that one show.

This episode was animated by TRIGGER.
Mar 17, 2018 4:15 PM

Sep 2017
The main plot is a slow burner, but it's been consistent and revealing things piece by piece is fine with me. I would rather be kept guessing and intrigued as opposed to having the second half of the season being all about finding a solution to a problem already revealed. At this stage they really don't know how much shit they're in, and although the audience has a better idea, it's far from complete

"What is human" still seems to be the most prominent question, currently it seems like the kids are in some way, the adults are in some way, and 002 is in some way, but none of them are the same - not even on a basic biological level, and those differences are eventually going to clash.
Mar 17, 2018 4:20 PM
Jul 2018
ZxI said:
nightcrawlercyp said:
Seems a bit like brave new world with old people. Everyone is old. They make children artificially, they eat artificially, they feel joy the same way. They are indeed dead.

Yeah the episode kinda reminds me of brave new world like the soma pill etc..

Same here. It seems a combination of the argument of Huxley's Brave New World and Anno's Evangelion.
Mar 17, 2018 4:27 PM
Apr 2015
i like this Episode , Zero 2 act strikingly ,i think b cause she already know the truth about the city and the one who they called "papa" , and the truth is shocking , I hope we know more about this in the next Episodes ^^
Mar 17, 2018 4:59 PM

Dec 2016
not so bad actually, in the beginning of the episode i thought it was going to be focused on miku/zorome romance shit like last episode was goro/ichigo, that would be worse
Mar 17, 2018 5:10 PM
Jan 2018
Eu acho que os mistérios ainda vão ser alimentados até mais dois EPs.
apenas no último EP que vão dar as explicações. e mesmo que eles deem as explicações, o que o Hiro e Cia iriam fazer? se rebelar? pegar os FRANXX e fugir? ou então lutar contra o Latifúndio?
Mar 17, 2018 5:17 PM

Sep 2015
Well Zorome don't die when the whole episode was a huge death flag for him.

Clearly the kid was the most "human" we have so far we have from this shpw.

They are being raised by "adult" who clearly not "human" the kid still have the freedom to learnd how to be a "human" without any "adult" guide them.

I i wish they use this form more

SNDT said:

How they even walk without ram into something when those thing don't even have a hole for eye.
Into the Internet!
Mar 17, 2018 5:33 PM

Feb 2018
Parasites visit city: I sleep
Zorome finds his mom: I sleep
Zero two has big boy fangs: Real shit?!
Mar 17, 2018 5:41 PM

Feb 2018
ZBlastHistory said:

SNDT said:

How they even walk without ram into something when those thing don't even have a hole for eye.

Simple answer: Technology
Complex answer: Its anime what do u expect
Mar 17, 2018 5:42 PM

Mar 2012
Zorome is just such a brat when he's the one acting like an idiot then talking trash about Miku behind her back by blaming everything on her.

But interesting episode. So that woman is clearly part cyborg, which is probably true for all adults.
- The appearance of her heart. Notably, her heart appears to run on lava energy.
- The fact that she had to turn the medical device's setting to "pets" to help Zorome.

Whether adults were previously human is kind of up in the air. But what's clear is that the kids are incompatible with adults. To be "disinfected" they may have to be modified before being welcomed into the city.

Interesting thing to consider: the relationship between the kids, the adults, and the rulers. Previously I thought this was a colonizing scenario: the rulers came in and created this hierarchy and dynamic, pressing the kids into service to protect them and adults. But it's entirely possible, judging from that woman's attitude, that humanity at one point just decided to "evolve" into this state and the created the rulers to manage and oversee them. I'm operating under the assumption that the rulers are not human here, as they seem to discuss humanity as a separate species.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Darling in the FranXX Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 6, 2018

345 by Modek69 »»
9 hours ago

Poll: » Darling in the FranXX Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 14, 2018

1502 by imsevlol »»
Oct 4, 6:47 AM

Poll: » Darling in the FranXX Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 5, 2018

367 by cloudalpha »»
Sep 30, 8:21 AM

Poll: » Darling in the FranXX Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 7, 2018

647 by cloudalpha »»
Sep 30, 8:20 AM

Poll: » Darling in the FranXX Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 10, 2018

363 by 143eitasasaki »»
Sep 21, 10:07 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.