Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Nov 13, 2017 6:16 AM

Feb 2017
I don't see any fan service, I'm so confused, bro!

My personal reason for this anime being a favorite is how likeable the characters are and everyone just wants to see them succeed! It's also really motivating and I love the moments where they improve or do a cool looking trick, I smiled so hard that I might have pulled a neck muscle (really).

It's just really lighthearted and exciting, almost like the characters are real and you're living your life with them :')

☆°•*.`•艾门°*.`•°☆
Mar 7, 2018 6:40 AM
May 2017
Reee_no said:
starrybee said:
It's just a simple story and has nice animation. It's baby's first sports anime in a lot of cases. Yes it's cliche and very overrated but lots of overrated anime get a huge following of fans who love it blindly. And yeah a lot of fandom is made up of rabid fangirls obsessed with Oikawa or whoever and they stick around just for their fav boy.

I've seen lots of people say this is the only sports anime they've seen so they think it's something special. The character development is nothing special, sympathetic rivals are not new, it's brand of humor is childish (but some people like that). I'd say the only thing that makes haikyuu unique from most shonen/sports anime that it doesn't have any fanservice whatsoever neither for male or female viewers... unless you count boys having nice thighs and Saeko having big boobs as fanservice... it's very vanilla and easily viewable for the general public. It's pretty much 100% pure volleyball and not much else. Not even any SoL breaks in between matches.

I can see why volleyball enthusiasts would like this anime but I think people care more about characters than anything else. Maybe they find them endearing. I read the haikyuu manga just cause I read most shonen jump but I never found it to be anything special so far.

The volleyball in it is so realistic, the characters all have different personalities, with different goals and different reactions to things, which make them VERY human, and it gives them a lot of depth, and what do you mean that the character growth isn't special? They are all slowly but surely growing. Hinata isn't the same Hinata from before. Look at how much he had grown. He isn't just fast and with good reflexes anymor, and he STILL has ways to go.
The characters have grown SO much since the beginning, and they are STILL growing. Tsukishima, Kageyama, Asahi, Nishinoya, Daichi, Hinata, Yamaguchi, Shimizu, Yachi....I can go on and on on the tipic of how much they've grown and got stronger. Also, let's not forget Oikawa, who had grown a LOT since he middle school, and we can say he's in his strongest state now. The characters face losses, wins, fear, excitement, anger....And the way they each react are so different.
Overrated, you say? I don't really get why every popular anime/manga must be considered now as overrated.
TL;DR the characters all have a lot of depth and well established stories and personalities, where you almost forget that they're fictional, the plot is simple, yet captivating with the way it progresses, and the characters are all growing a lot. They don't have to have tragic backstories to feel human emotions such as anger, happiness, loss, pride, irritation, frustration, excitement, and they are all very different from each other. Oh, and OST and VA is totally topnotch, just like the art.
I agree with you, , the character development was very good in the anime
[]()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()[]
Pringles
Mar 7, 2018 6:52 AM

Sep 2017
I like Haikyuu, but this season is the worst part of the series in my opinion. It gets such a high score because obviously only the fans will keep watching it.

I like the fact that the anime is simple. It accomplishes everything it wants to and that's enough for this series. The characters are very well established, just like their goals and that is what makes it endearing.

“If you live for yourself you’ve only got yourself to blame. So I can’t really blame anyone else and I don’t have any regrets.”

list

Aug 24, 2018 3:18 PM
May 2017
GangsterCat said:
shonen jump manga always popular

um world trigger?
Pringles
Aug 24, 2018 3:21 PM
May 2017
nina4life said:
animepanties said:
From what I've seen, every absolutely LOVES Haikyuu. It has an "amazing and emotional storyline". All I see is an average, overrated cliche storyline with yaoi fanservice. I'm not gonna lie, the characters are pretty cute and likeable. I just want someone to tell me why it's so overrated.

Characters are incredibly fun and, more importantly, engaging enough so a person would cheer for them. There are no douches, there are no clumsy, stupid idiots that annoy you (Hinata had a few instances in the beginning, but it was never overused).
They are all likeable, it's fun seeing them learn, it's fun seeing their banter, it's fun seeing them compete against each others while being best friends at the same time.

Story: Yes, overused is definitely nice description. However, here's the thing with Haikyuu, also Kuroko, their opponents are interesting, strong and, hell, likeable as well. .

most of Kurokos opponents are not likable at all. they're mostly cocky and rude before the game and arent relatable at all.
Pringles
Nov 18, 2018 7:33 PM
Jan 2017
peachysama said:
From what I've seen, every absolutely LOVES Haikyuu. It has an "amazing and emotional storyline". All I see is an average, overrated cliche storyline with yaoi fanservice. I'm not gonna lie, the characters are pretty cute and likeable. I just want someone to tell me why it's so overrated.

Cliche storyline of What? I mean this is anime about sport,of course they want to be number one player and win tournament that was simple,feel of winning and lossing like real life. or you want new type story sport anime with superpower and battle with alien from other space like inzuma eleven did,oh god.

Yoi fanservice? Where? I just seeing a little saeko boobs jiggle fanservice from s2 and kiyoko boobs and her butt when she first appear in s1. i'm not seeing any yoi fanservice like you said,you just lie by yourself.
Apr 2, 2019 9:24 PM
Apr 2017
peachysama said:

"if I do not like then is overrated", its basically what you said and sounds like a cry.
May 20, 2019 12:46 PM
Aug 2017
silverwalls said:
where's this "yaoi fanservice" you're speaking of
yeah I have never seen any he probably made this thread in the wrong place. Go back to free kid
Jul 19, 2019 1:02 PM
Feb 2016
Gersen said:
Haikyuu is basically this generation's Slam Dunk - serialized in the same magazine even. The fact that it is so far down the list of recommended anime simply speaks of the average age of MAL's users, but a basic formula that was wildly successful 20 years ago will still be as engaging today if the execution is right, so there is nothing surprising about Haikyuu's popularity.

do you mean in popularity or how its written. if its how its written then Diamond no ace is more similar to Slam dunk. Haikyu is more cliche than those 2 and the mc for both diamond no ace and slam dunk start as amateurs. way weaker than their rivals. in haikyuu's case hinata was short but he already could play volleyball pretty well
Aug 14, 2019 2:22 AM
Aug 2017
peachysama said:

Well am a guy who isn't into yoai and I can't see any of the yoai fan service u speak of. I love this show because of the characters and the emotions embedded into the amazing scenes.
Nov 6, 2019 4:12 AM
Nov 2019
I didnt want to watch Haikyuu because I thought it looks like something fujoshis would watch, but I was running out of anime to watch and gave it a try.

This anime is should I say, very disappointing? First of all the pacing is off. There's very little hype in each match and every game that started just unceremoniously ended. Second, the volleyball isn't realistic at all. There are always three blockers, very little crosscourt and off the block hits. And that's not even counting the lack of errors outside of service.

The animation is nothing special but on the good side. The music is so-so. It is a travesty that this anime has higher ratings other sports animes.
Nov 6, 2019 4:19 AM
Jul 2018
andhereicome said:
I didnt want to watch Haikyuu because I thought it looks like something fujoshis would watch, but I was running out of anime to watch and gave it a try.

This anime is should I say, very disappointing? First of all the pacing is off. There's very little hype in each match and every game that started just unceremoniously ended. Second, the volleyball isn't realistic at all. There are always three blockers, very little crosscourt and off the block hits. And that's not even counting the lack of errors outside of service.

The animation is nothing special but on the good side. The music is so-so. It is a travesty that this anime has higher ratings other sports animes.

How brave you are to create a new account just to shit on this anime
Nov 6, 2019 5:10 AM

Jul 2013
The people who think this is some fujobait show are some real dumbasses who obviously didn't watch it. There's literally no gay fanservice in Haikyuu. It's only the fandom shipping the characters. It's spokon to the core and arguably the best sports anime there is.
Jul 28, 2020 7:06 AM
Jul 2020
I honestly like boku no pico better then haikyuu, okay Ive finished haikyuu and there is very little hype it gets really boring and I'm just not interested in this particular genre I'm an og weeb since I was around the age of five I grew up watching one piece, fairy tail, dragon ball, Naruto, sailor moon, death note etc. yes the characters are very entertaining and the characters are decent looking, the art is amazing but the story line is not for me. I do think its overrated with the ho*rny a** fangirl shippers and as a girl myself I do have my husbandos but no ty <3
oniMaenmaaJul 28, 2020 7:15 AM
Jul 28, 2020 7:21 AM
Jun 2020
Because it's a great series overall.

Well-written, good characters, a realistic depiction of volley and much more. I don't see why it shouldn't be as loved as it is.
Jul 28, 2020 12:25 PM
Oct 2019
Haikyu is good. And it's overrated. Both are true.

I don't see any "yaoi fanservice" at all. Heck, I don't think there's much fanservice of any kind, and I appreciate that in a series like this.
Jul 29, 2020 1:18 PM
Jul 2020
i quite like it because of the characters. i know alot of people like it because the majority of it consists of mlae characters, making it popular among the girls due to their obsession with yaoi (ew). sure, i guess it can be looked at as just a pretty dumb volleyball anime but i find myself quite enjoying it. i dont enjoy it for the ships or anything, i just enjoy it because i enjoy it.
Jul 29, 2020 1:43 PM

Mar 2020
nice animation, dramatic scenes, fitting music, a decent story, and hot anime boys
woopWOOOPAug 7, 2020 5:18 AM
yum riceballs

i just want a baccano! season 2
Dec 13, 2020 11:08 PM
Oct 2020
peachysama said:

WTF... it's more than just cute boys and fangirling... and it's more than just a sports anime that any otaku fan would find good.

Haikyuu!! (especially the story and concepts) is "THAT" SUCCESSFUL to depict the sport of volleyball.

Watch Coach Donny from the YouTube Channel "Elevate Yourself". His Reaction Videos shows how great Haikyuu!! is (all to the smallest details)

Lol, I'm from 2020... and Haikyuu!! is even more popular now.
Dec 19, 2020 12:14 PM
Dec 2020
Mainly because of the characters who are so funny yet dedicated to watch they do and because of the amazing animation storytelling and easygoing yet fast paced plot and storytelling. Also the definition of yaoi is that there is obvious male same sex content and that it somewhat revolves around that, there is none of that but people interpret relationships differently. Also I really don’t see any yaoi fan service, if you can show me any that would be nice.
Dec 19, 2020 12:27 PM

Sep 2020
The second you say "overrated" you've lost me,
People only "overrated" when something they don't like is successful.

I've got you figured out lol.
Dec 19, 2020 7:39 PM

Jul 2020
Bruh it looks like he's just baiting and seriously everyone fell for it?BRUH.Where is yaoi fanservice in Haikyuu?Definitely baiting.

Scordolo's Recent Reviews
To your eternity
Vanitas no Karte
Dec 19, 2020 7:47 PM

Oct 2020
well you're not wrong about some things but i feel like yaoi service doesn't exist in this. prob you're just hating the series that much due to the fact on how widely popular it is outside japan, even fan girls wet their pussies to jumping scenes and smashing balls.
Jan 2, 2021 4:20 PM
Aug 2020
uh what fan service? it’s a good sports anime, it’s quite inspirational in my opinion and it showcases all the feelings that athletes have. even if they don’t play volleyball
Jan 6, 2021 10:48 AM

Dec 2013
because it's PERFECT.
this anime delivery everything i want in a good story.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Haikyuu!!: Karasuno Koukou VS Shiratorizawa Gakuen Koukou Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 18, 2016

117 by Carlyhild98 »»
Jul 7, 2:47 PM

Poll: » Haikyuu!!: Karasuno Koukou VS Shiratorizawa Gakuen Koukou Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 9, 2016

294 by yezzy-Unofficial »»
Jun 11, 1:23 AM

Poll: » Haikyuu!!: Karasuno Koukou VS Shiratorizawa Gakuen Koukou Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 2, 2016

213 by iamsnakeuu »»
May 31, 6:06 PM

Poll: » Haikyuu!!: Karasuno Koukou VS Shiratorizawa Gakuen Koukou Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 25, 2016

129 by iamsnakeuu »»
May 31, 5:38 PM

Poll: » Haikyuu!!: Karasuno Koukou VS Shiratorizawa Gakuen Koukou Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 11, 2016

129 by iamsnakeuu »»
May 30, 8:27 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.