Forum Settings
Forums
New
What do you drive
Feb 11, 2018 12:49 AM

Nov 2012
I've had a chat allot with mates and co-workers, the concusses is they like automatics as they don't have to worry about the gears... they cant concentrate while driving... what is the preference here? I prefer manual as you can control the revs and not use the brakes... I'd love to know the percentage...
Feb 11, 2018 2:01 AM

Jan 2009
I'm still driving manual, since I'm used to it. However, I might switch to automatic Cars, because it's bothersome having to shift so much Time in slow Traffic. But then again, if I have to use manual Transmission, I don't want to get too used to driving with automatic Shifting.

Good Thing though is, that many automatic Cars have the Option to shift manually, too. It will just take a bit Time to get used to it, since there wouldn't be any Clutch. At least, starting on a steep Hill - like when you drive out from some Car Park - will be much easier without having to concentrate on three Pedals at once.
Feb 11, 2018 2:04 AM

Nov 2017
Manual, Auto seems a little too risky.
Feb 11, 2018 2:04 AM

Sep 2015
Auto is for scrubs who cannot drive.
Feb 11, 2018 3:00 AM

Nov 2016
When they changed our vehicles to automatics at work, I threw a huge fit. I know it has its advantages, but I simply don't like it.

Bölvat es okkr, bróðir,
bani em ek þinn orðinn;
þat mun æ uppi;
illr er dómr norna.
-Hlöðskviða
(The Battle of the Goths and Huns)
Feb 11, 2018 3:14 AM

Jan 2017
manual plz. i like feeling what i drive. would probably be different if i lived in an area with heavy traffic.
Feb 11, 2018 4:23 AM

Apr 2014
For some reason guys seem to like manuals more than girls.
Feb 11, 2018 4:27 AM

Mar 2008
I still don't drive for some reason.
Feb 11, 2018 4:42 AM

Apr 2017
ye i drive a manual 5 speed

heres an instructional video lol
イカロス --I K A R O S D E S U-- "Hai master" <3cruise

Becoming the bell of my heart
dont click here, baka -->> https://soundcloud.com/franciscan-guitar
Feb 11, 2018 4:44 AM

Jan 2013
Automatic is for pussy

Manual all da way
Feb 11, 2018 4:46 AM

Dec 2013
No license, can't choose. Living in a city is wonderful.
Feb 11, 2018 5:51 AM

Jan 2009
traed said:
I still don't drive for some reason.
Maybe it's because you don't have to drive.

NthDegree said:
You live in Tokyo according to your Profile Information and what you wrote in some other Topic. Tokyo has an excellent Public Transport System. It would be a different Story, though, if you were to live in a Place with worse public Transport and/or would need to buy larger Things like a Christmas Tree, multiple Crates of Water/Beer etc.

I would find it quite inconvenient without a Car, if I had to do Groceries and walk around with full Shopping Bags every other Day instead of only doing it like once a Week and once every other Month for Drinks and every other Day for Bread and just some other small Necessities only.

Also, Public Transport sucks here. I don't see any Reason in having to wait for the Transportation to come and to waste Time for it to go on a Detour till I finally reach my Destination, aside from the Circumstance, that there isn't any direct Line of Transportation to my Workplace and/or School. By the Time I would wait for one to arrive, I would be already at Work/School or at home.

edit:
Bambi said:
For some reason guys seem to like manuals more than girls.
More like they are much rather used to it than Girls. It could also depend on the Region, because Automatic is much more common in the USA than in Europe for Example. On that Note, my Brother, a long-time Manual Driver, has recently switched to Automatic and likes it much better, because you can much easier accelerate with it and he can't do much when there's slow Traffic to and from his Workplace, anyway.
NoboruFeb 11, 2018 6:00 AM
Feb 11, 2018 6:09 AM

Jul 2016
i haven't driven myself in a long time now but since i learnt manual drive, i much prefer it over automatics.
i like the feel of the clutch as you hold your feet over the pedals. i'm not quite sure why - perhaps because
it makes me feel like i'm at least in control of something in my life.

grouper - no other

0:00 ●━━━━━━─────── 3:46

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ◁ㅤㅤ❚❚ㅤㅤ▷ㅤㅤㅤㅤ↻

⁞⁞⁞ purple cause baal is my wife  ⁞⁞⁞
Feb 11, 2018 6:10 AM

Aug 2013
Manual. Stick cars are the most common and cheap ones in Norway (probably Europe in general), so that's what I use. You actually have the option to get a driving license specifically for automatic cars here, but that means that you can only drive auto cars, while if you get a manual license, you can use both types. It just doesn't seem that beneficial to drive an auto car in my case, and besides, I'm so used to driving manual that I think I'd find it unsettling to suddenly give up that control to the car...
Feb 11, 2018 6:25 AM

Nov 2012
thanks for the posts, I need them...
Feb 11, 2018 6:31 AM

Feb 2013
Who knows if I will ever drive.
I got my driving license in 2010 if I remember it right, but I only drived 3 times since then, I'm not interested in driving one bit, I feel a lot better walking or taking a bus.
It's not like I can't drive, at least back I knew then, because I don't even remember to shift gears now lol, and I even got it at my first try, but the reason to get my driving license died some years ago and I don't intend to drive ever again.
Feb 11, 2018 6:33 AM

Dec 2013
Noboru said:
NthDegree said:
You live in Tokyo according to your Profile Information and what you wrote in some other Topic. Tokyo has an excellent Public Transport System. It would be a different Story, though, if you were to live in a Place with worse public Transport and/or would need to buy larger Things like a Christmas Tree, multiple Crates of Water/Beer etc.

I would find it quite inconvenient without a Car, if I had to do Groceries and walk around with full Shopping Bags every other Day instead of only doing it like once a Week and once every other Month for Drinks and every other Day for Bread and just some other small Necessities only.

Also, Public Transport sucks here. I don't see any Reason in having to wait for the Transportation to come and to waste Time for it to go on a Detour till I finally reach my Destination, aside from the Circumstance, that there isn't any direct Line of Transportation to my Workplace and/or School. By the Time I would wait for one to arrive, I would be already at Work/School or at home.

Exactly. Like I said living in a city is wonderful. Idk why you felt the need to get all defensive about your need of a car though.
Feb 11, 2018 6:36 AM

Jan 2009
NthDegree said:
Exactly. Like I said living in a city is wonderful. Idk why you felt the need to get all defensive about your need of a car though.
I'm not defensive, I'm just a bit more elaborate when there's a Conversation in which I can add Things.
Feb 11, 2018 7:03 AM
Cat Hater

Feb 2017
Can someone explain to me why so many people prefer manual (being used to it is one thing but saying that auto is for scrubs/people who can't drive.. why is all the hate)? Seriously, I don't need a car where I live so I wouldn't know.

Noboru said:

It's such a good exercise for the body!

I thought Germany had a good public transportation though. The buses were on time and empty most of the time. But yet again I've only lived there for a few months in a rather small town/city. Taxis were also a reasonable price which I found rather surprising (sadly I can't say the same thing about their trains, I'm pretty sure the average plane ticket to that destination costs less).

Also cycling infrastructure.

But yea, having car is probably far more convenient.

Feb 11, 2018 7:25 AM

Jan 2009
149597871 said:
It's such a good exercise for the body!
It definitely is, but I'm too lazy. I don't like to spend my Free-Time with Stuff like this. I find it more efficient to do some bigger Groceries on the Weekends than having to waste Time every other Day.

I thought Germany had a good public transportation though. The buses were on time and empty most of the time. But yet again I've only lived there for a few months in a rather small town/city. Taxis were also a reasonable price which I found rather surprising (sadly I can't say the same thing about their trains, I'm pretty sure the average plane ticket to that destination costs less).
It depends on the Place, on the Direction and what you find as good Transportation. If you're used to commuting 1 Hour or longer where you could have driven even in evening-rush/home-going Traffic with around 20-30 Minutes per Day, then it's different from being used the other Way around and having to spend more than 1/2h longer.

Also cycling infrastructure.
This only really works if your Work Place is in the same City. I wouldn't ride my Bike down the Road towards a neighboring Settlement.

But yea, having car is probably far more convenient.
Exactly.
Feb 11, 2018 7:28 AM
Aug 2016
I mainly drive CVTs and Automatic vehicles, but I would definitely want to learn to drive manual
Feb 11, 2018 12:01 PM

Aug 2009

I think manual transmission cars are antiquated like quill pens, horse and carriage and churning your own butter.
Feb 11, 2018 12:14 PM
dozing general

Oct 2017
I’ve never even driven a manual, and I don’t see the point in learning. I hate driving as it is so adding an unnecessary control doesn’t appeal to me.
Feb 11, 2018 12:30 PM

Jun 2011
Auto, only driven manual once funnily enough unexpectedly. Never been a "car guy" butbi find it soooo weird when guys try to bring machismo into the mix, pathetic
Feb 11, 2018 12:34 PM
Jul 2017
Manual, I've never driven a car with automatics. Might try it one day though and see if it's good or not.
Feb 11, 2018 12:36 PM

Feb 2017
I have an automatic for now but I'll learn manual eventually. If you live in the city get an automatic, If you're anywhere else then manual is the way to go.
Feb 11, 2018 12:43 PM

Jul 2015
Automatic... I feel like manual is made for people who enjoy driving. I’m not one of those lucky folks haha
Feb 11, 2018 2:10 PM

Mar 2017
There's a lot more pro-manual people here than I would have imagined. I like it better cuz I like shifting and cheap repairs. also you have more control when off-roading or snow-driving. Easy to get back into control too
Feb 11, 2018 2:10 PM

Jun 2017
Why would I play Mario Kart in manual if the key to winning is obviously auto.
I'm a shitposter for fun
Feb 11, 2018 2:16 PM

Sep 2014
I can drive both cause I have a license in America and the Ph, but Auto is my preference cause I don't have to do anything. I never understood why people feel superior because they can drive manual. Only in America I find people flexing that they can drive manual, when in poor ass countries, you're mostly driving manual.
Feb 11, 2018 2:46 PM

Dec 2016
I think it depends on where you live.

Modest brag but I do have an older BMW 325i with the sports package. In the mountains and on the open road I love having a manual. But when you're stuck in 3 hours of constant stop and go traffic you start wishing you had an automatic.
Feb 11, 2018 3:11 PM
Jul 2018
I prefer automatics tbqfh famalamborghini.
Feb 11, 2018 3:29 PM

Jan 2017
automatics are for pussies or old people, manuals are the reason I love driving
Feb 12, 2018 10:14 PM
Jul 2018
Auto
Never learned how to drive a stick, don’t have the necessary attention span for it
Feb 12, 2018 11:00 PM

Jul 2015
Auto, I understand how to drive a manual and have done it before but I don't like it, I don't like driving in general though, Ill always take the train if I can.
Feb 12, 2018 11:16 PM

Jan 2013
Manual is the way I've always driven.
Feb 13, 2018 12:08 AM

Dec 2014
Manual. I'm American, so it's rare.

I don't have to worry about my car being stolen at all.
Feb 13, 2018 5:24 AM
Jul 2018
Auto is for people that don’t know how to drive good.

More topics from this board

» Do Americans reproduce by mitosis?

Dije - 6 hours ago

20 by KitsuFrost »»
4 minutes ago

» Favorite animal?

Metalboy76 - 6 hours ago

16 by Fancyjasper »»
7 minutes ago

Poll: » Which of these 6 sets of values sounds like you the most?

IpreferEcchi - 2 hours ago

1 by Zettaiken »»
12 minutes ago

» Are video games a waste of time and money?? ( 1 2 )

DesuMaiden - Yesterday

55 by yarwe »»
24 minutes ago

» inactive users

zaako - May 26

26 by Zayvex »»
28 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.