Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Aug 25, 2017 7:03 PM

Jan 2015
Time for Riko and Reg to go to the next layer now their 10 days Survival Training is finally done. But before that, Ozen is giving a new "Item" to Riko that said belongs to Lyza in the past.
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Aug 25, 2017 7:27 PM
Jan 2016
That BGM give me a goosebump...
And lyza, so beautiful...
Looking forward to next eposode...
Aug 25, 2017 7:33 PM

Jun 2017
This episode was basically just a gigantic info-dump, and not an exciting one at that.

I think one of the reasons I don't find this show interesting is because I don't care about the characters. Riko is honestly just annoying and Regu might as well not even exist for all of the character development that's happened thus far.

There's all this talk about how horrible the Abyss is and how dangerous it is, and here you have two children just cruising along with no problems.

Almost nothing of significance has happened in the last five episodes, and everyone is excited about seeing a character's face in a flashback.

I guess I just expect more.
Aug 25, 2017 7:48 PM

Aug 2017
JCvetich said:
This episode was basically just a gigantic info-dump, and not an exciting one at that.

I think one of the reasons I don't find this show interesting is because I don't care about the characters. Riko is honestly just annoying and Regu might as well not even exist for all of the character development that's happened thus far.

There's all this talk about how horrible the Abyss is and how dangerous it is, and here you have two children just cruising along with no problems.

Almost nothing of significance has happened in the last five episodes, and everyone is excited about seeing a character's face in a flashback.

I agree that there's not much memorable thing happen until now, but..

You will see the REAL meaning of abyss in next up coming 1-2 episode(if they won't drag the story too long) did you wonder why Anime score and Manga score are so different?

It's because..
Aug 25, 2017 7:54 PM

Jun 2017
Demon1Ce said:
JCvetich said:

You will see the REAL meaning of abyss in next up coming 1-2 episode(if they won't drag the story too long) did you wonder why Anime score and Manga score are so different?

It's because..

I'm not doubting you, but what you're saying is exactly what people have been telling me for five weeks now. "Wait until next episode when...."

Maybe I'll check out the manga and see if I enjoy it more.
Aug 25, 2017 7:55 PM
Oct 2015
Zantius said:
podetus said:
Good episode.
Next Episode is probably a deal breaker for many people. Let's see how they will handle it

Uh-oh, you have me curious already
Zantius said:
podetus said:
Good episode.
Next Episode is probably a deal breaker for many people. Let's see how they will handle it

Uh-oh, you have me curious already

Aug 25, 2017 7:57 PM

Apr 2013
JCvetich said:
Demon1Ce said:

It's because..

I'm not doubting you, but what you're saying is exactly what people have been telling me for five weeks now. "Wait until next episode when...."

I'm in a different mindset than you, the Anime made me a fan of the series and I can't wait to read the manga to see if the praise the readers of it give it is really true, like I don't mind any of the episodes being "dragged" out, since I haven't read the manga yet to make that judgement yet. I dunno, you expect more yet I'm satisfied with what I'm getting because MIA is much more better in quality than most of the shows currently airing this season, if the manga is much more than that 10/10, it doesn't have the amazing OST but once the OST comes out I can listen to it while reading the manga

Ascended Taste
I only came back to this site for the forum sets and to promote my RYM list... Anilist ftw still :dab:
Aug 25, 2017 8:11 PM

Aug 2012
Karmafan56 said:
Specimen021 said:
She's passive aggressive.
She's aggressive aggressive.
She's wise.
She's cynical.
She's a bro.

Auntie Ozen is best whistle.

Even tho Ozen is rough around the edges and doesn't have good social skills she is exactly what the kids needed. For sure they would never survive whats coming without Ozen and the 10 day survival training.

Also I have only been able to find up to chapter 42 subbed. Are there any more or is that all we have right now?

There are 42 chapters plus 3 extra (short) chapters titled
Aka-himeAug 25, 2017 8:14 PM
Aug 25, 2017 8:21 PM

Feb 2016
GangsterCat said:
4 episode left, still nothing happen
i can stand bad manga since i can skim through, but bad anime is just painful to watch

dropped 3/10

lets suppose "nothing has happened" Riko's true identity has been revealed, they got to meet Ozen, they spent 10 days trying to survive by themselves without any help, we've got information about the other white cave raiders, lots of world building, lots of attacks from the abyss monsters... how is that nothing? oh yea, I forgot, your profile is full of Hentai... that answers many questions
"We could make the world better, but it's easier to just shut our eyes."
~Blackwall
Aug 25, 2017 8:40 PM

Jun 2014
We finally got to see Lyza's face, and she resembles Valkyrie a lot.

I can't wait to see the third layer in the next episode.

Aug 25, 2017 8:54 PM

Mar 2016
Amazing art and animation is saving this anime during this slow period of progression...that said the adventure and pace of the anime should now be ramping up a notch...hopefully

Touching moment as Riko and Red take off to continue their journey and Ozen looks on reflecting on her time with Lyza...sad but also exciting! I can't wait to see what happens next!
I shall rule over the realms of anime and manga! Mwahhahahahaha!!!
Aug 25, 2017 9:17 PM
Apr 2015
This entire episode gave me goosebumps from jus how perfectly paced it was. The part that got me good was when they were leaving! That song jus...GOD DAMN! It was perfect for the entire scene. I wish someone knows the name of it! I wanna listen to that on repeat!
Aug 25, 2017 9:45 PM
Jul 2018
JCvetich said:
Demon1Ce said:

It's because..

Why are people giving attention to someone who apparently has barely watched anime? If you're unable to appreciate that's your problem.

'nothing of significance'? What YOU consider significant. Oh my.

You apparently don't give credits where's due. You don't care. While I just watched an YTuber praising the 1st episode, and calling it to them a masterpiece. (Fine to put a link here? To Mods.) https://youtu.be/eEc22Rr9ADE
removed-userAug 25, 2017 9:54 PM
Aug 25, 2017 10:17 PM

Jun 2017
Rehls said:
JCvetich said:

Why are people giving attention to someone who apparently has barely watched anime? If you're unable to appreciate that's your problem.

You apparently don't give credits where's due. You don't care. While I just watched an YTuber praising the 1st episode, and calling it to them a masterpiece. (Fine to put a link here? To Mods.) https://youtu.be/eEc22Rr9ADE

Yeah, because I joined the site like two months ago and haven't bothered to update everything I've watched or read in the past 20 years. Yeah, I said 20 years. But you keep on making assumptions man, it's cool.
Aug 25, 2017 10:20 PM

Jun 2017
Aidoru-Ojisan said:
JCvetich said:

I'm in a different mindset than you, the Anime made me a fan of the series and I can't wait to read the manga to see if the praise the readers of it give it is really true, like I don't mind any of the episodes being "dragged" out, since I haven't read the manga yet to make that judgement yet. I dunno, you expect more yet I'm satisfied with what I'm getting because MIA is much more better in quality than most of the shows currently airing this season, if the manga is much more than that 10/10, it doesn't have the amazing OST but once the OST comes out I can listen to it while reading the manga

I'm glad that you're enjoying it! One thing I've learned is that not everything is for everyone, and the main reason I even bother writing my opinions on these forums is to encounter people with differing opinions.
Aug 25, 2017 10:22 PM
Jul 2018
JCvetich said:
Rehls said:

Yeah, because I joined the site like two months ago and haven't bothered to update everything I've watched or read in the past 20 years. Yeah, I said 20 years. But you keep on making assumptions man, it's cool.

So that's the case. But it's fine. You must've done well enough in your posts, telling what you value and what you don't. I'm satisfied.

Ah, let me just comment on this "There's all this talk about how horrible the Abyss is and how dangerous it is, and here you have two children just cruising along with no problems." No problems? Not to offend, but didn't you pay enough attention to see and remember that Riko almost died TWICE? And THERE WERE issues, yeah. You talk like they haven't even been attacked, let alone almost died. Ehh, anyway.
removed-userAug 25, 2017 10:27 PM
Aug 25, 2017 10:23 PM

Apr 2013
JCvetich said:
Aidoru-Ojisan said:

I'm glad that you're enjoying it! One thing I've learned is that not everything is for everyone, and the main reason I even bother writing my opinions on these forums is to encounter people with differing opinions.

You're still gonna read the manga right? I'm hyped to read it as soon as the Anime ends but I heard that manga readers are calling the next episode the "deal breaker" episode due to the series finally reaching the layer to where all the messed up stuff starts happening, if so maybe it might change your thoughts on the series but if not we still both have the manga and the amazing OST waiting for us lol

Ascended Taste
I only came back to this site for the forum sets and to promote my RYM list... Anilist ftw still :dab:
Aug 25, 2017 10:29 PM

Jun 2017
Aidoru-Ojisan said:
JCvetich said:

You're still gonna read the manga right? I'm hyped to read it as soon as the Anime ends but I heard that manga readers are calling the next episode the "deal breaker" episode due to the series finally reaching the layer to where all the messed up stuff starts happening, if so maybe it might change your thoughts on the series but if not we still both have the manga and the amazing OST waiting for us lol

Yeah I think I'll check the manga out once the show ends and see how I feel about it. The thing I can't understand is that the readers continually talk about how all the cool stuff is "coming up", but why hasn't the show reached that cool stuff yet if it truly is only 13 episodes?

I guess we'll find out!
Aug 25, 2017 10:31 PM

Apr 2013
JCvetich said:
Aidoru-Ojisan said:

Yeah I think I'll check the manga out once the show ends and see how I feel about it. The only thing I can't understand is that the readers continually talk about how all the cool stuff is "coming up", and why the show hasn't reached that cool stuff yet if it truly is only 13 episodes.

I guess we'll find out!

Yeah I dunno, they tend to always hype up the series with "OH IT GETS SO DARK LATER ON" while I'm like, "Uh, haven't read the manga but that first episode and the background art tho 10/10" I'm pretty sure the dark stuff they're talking about is gonna be heavily censored in the Anime so I might be able to stomach it in that version compared to the Manga, eh I guess we'll both find out!

Ascended Taste
Aug 25, 2017 10:42 PM

Aug 2012
JCvetich said:

Yeah I think I'll check the manga out once the show ends and see how I feel about it. The thing I can't understand is that the readers continually talk about how all the cool stuff is "coming up", but why hasn't the show reached that cool stuff yet if it truly is only 13 episodes?

I guess we'll find out!

This is because a lot of the material has been dragged out. For example, the first 3 episodes covered volume 1, then 4.5 for volume 2, now 5 or 5.5 for volume 3 (this volume isn't as bad to be dragged out since a lot happens). Most people wanted the anime to end with volume 5, as volumes 3, 4 and 5 are the highlights of the manga (excluding 6 since it's the start of a new arc).
Aug 26, 2017 12:00 AM
Oct 2007
Wow!!! I got goosebump towards the end of the episode with the amazing background music. This show has one of the saddest farewell and this is 2nd in a row already!

This is shaping out to be really good that makes me want to read the manga straight away and I rarely feel that way!! I manage to resist every single time though, anime > manga :P

Does anybody knows if the manga is still ongoing to is it going to end soon?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 26, 2017 12:15 AM

Apr 2017
luccide said:
Wow!!! I got goosebump towards the end of the episode with the amazing background music. This show has one of the saddest farewell and this is 2nd in a row already!

This is shaping out to be really good that makes me want to read the manga straight away and I rarely feel that way!! I manage to resist every single time though, anime > manga :P

Does anybody knows if the manga is still ongoing to is it going to end soon?

Well, it is ongoing, unfortunately, but is not that far away from the anime action. Now we are past chapter 17 and we have 42 chapters in the manga. However I've got no information on how it's progressing, cause lots of the last chapters were revealed at once and from tha ttime no updates. This season will end somewhere around chapter 26-28 and there ain't enough source material for season 2. But my guess is it won't end very soon. We still met only less than a half of the White whistles and I would assume we are supposed to meet them all.
Aug 26, 2017 12:28 AM

Apr 2017
And you all, let's just stop with the "dealbreakers" and whatever you call it. Its gets people unnecessarily anxious. They expect something epic to happen afterwards and if they don't get that feel, they'll be rather dismayed.

There will be no dealbreaking in the next episode. We are just back into the dangerous lands of the Abyss and it will not be very comfy. That's it.
Aug 26, 2017 1:15 AM

Jan 2015
JCvetich said:
Aidoru-Ojisan said:

I guess we'll find out!

'Cause This episode should have happened 2 episodes ago. I ain't complaining tho, this anime is true example of how a manga should be adapted
Aug 26, 2017 1:37 AM

Jul 2017
This will probably be anime of the season for me.

Ozen's voice i wonderful and I hope that' not the last we hear of it.
Aug 26, 2017 2:27 AM
Nov 2016
I love the way this series handles goodbyes.

I am glad that the series didn't spend too much time in the survival training.

The ending was filled with feels. The scene with Marulk was great but the flashback scenes between Ozen and Lyza were pretty awesome. The fact that Reg still perceives Ozen as a monster makes me sad but she is a really interesting character.

Man, the series has an amazing soundtrack and Lyza's full face reveal was perfect.
Aug 26, 2017 2:32 AM

Mar 2013
Wonderful episode.

Aye, we finally got to see Lyza, The Annihilator's face~
I just noticed, Lyza's small in stature. Or is it Ozen too tall? lol

Ozen reminiscing about her time with Lyza was a nice segment. They shared a good chemistry together. And lol at her shocked face when Lyza got married XD The husband was surprisingly what I hadn't imagined too.
Riko's instructor must be pretty good if Ozen was the one who took the initiative to make him her apprentice lol.

The farewell scene was sad, not good as 3rd episode when they took their departure from their friends but still nice with the music in the background.

Ozen was a bro alright, haha. Would love to see her again.
Also, I'd be real salty if the journey turns out to be a failed attempt in search quest of Lyza. I know it's a wishful thinking but I hope Lyza's miraculously alive somehow at the bottom of abyss.
Aug 26, 2017 2:42 AM

Nov 2009
That song closer to the end, I want it, it's a second time it played and I still don't even know what it's called
ったく、嫌な世の中だよ。
Aug 26, 2017 2:47 AM
Jul 2018
JCvetich said:

Thanks; that really sumarized my feelings about this show.
Aug 26, 2017 2:48 AM

Feb 2016
Scalpelexis said:
And you all, let's just stop with the "dealbreakers" and whatever you call it. Its gets people unnecessarily anxious. They expect something epic to happen afterwards and if they don't get that feel, they'll be rather dismayed.

There will be no dealbreaking in the next episode. We are just back into the dangerous lands of the Abyss and it will not be very comfy. That's it.

What i mean isn't that some epic shit gonnna happen next episode

What i mean is the next episode gonna probably determine whether people gonna like Made in Abyss or not cause next episode gonna set the tone for this series as a ' dark whimsical adventure '.

Not tryinging to hype up next ep ( there is also a posibility they gonna slow it down even more )

podetusAug 26, 2017 2:52 AM
Because we're stupid that we love to have fun
Aug 26, 2017 3:02 AM

Apr 2017
podetus said:
Scalpelexis said:

What i mean is the next episode gonna probably determine whether people gonna like Made in Abyss or not cause next episode gonna set the tone for this series as a ' dark whimsical adventure '.

Not tryinging to hype up next ep ( there is also a posibility they gonna slow it down even more )

That's for example something I don't think so.
Aug 26, 2017 4:14 AM
Jul 2009
Lest we forget Marulk... yet another moving farewell scene. I miss her already.
Aug 26, 2017 4:22 AM

Apr 2017
gleowine said:
Lest we forget Marulk... yet another moving farewell scene. I miss her already.

Her? Sorry to ruin your ideals. Do you still miss him now?
Aug 26, 2017 4:56 AM

Oct 2013
Another absorbing episode that seems to fly by. The hippo-thing is reminiscent of the extinct Uintatherium, a mammal that roamed North America and East Asia around 40 million years ago. It wasn't an exact copy, but I think the artist may have been influenced by that ancient beast.
Aug 26, 2017 5:29 AM

Sep 2013
CG said:
That song closer to the end, I want it, it's a second time it played and I still don't even know what it's called

Same here, didn't find anything at the moment

I know is from Kevin Penkin, but probably for the official song we will have to wait for the ost to release
AcheronAug 26, 2017 5:38 AM
While you shitpost about other taste, i watch or read stuff :D
Aug 26, 2017 5:41 AM

Feb 2016
Scalpelexis said:
podetus said:

That's for example something I don't think so.

Alright i can see that
Aug 26, 2017 6:39 AM

Sep 2014
Xenocrisi said:
KanashiiSekai said:
PS : Do someone knows what chapter of the manga the anime is at more or less?

17th
Comander-07 said:
yeah "next episode" is what I always read.. I doubt she will be introduced at the beginning so we have like 4 and a half episode of her. I just wonder how she is a main character.

It's up to the writers. She's going to appear either at the end of the next episode (not likely) or in the 10th episode (very likely)

So probably only 4 episodes out of 13. Hardly a main character to me. But it doesnt really matter.
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Aug 26, 2017 7:02 AM

Dec 2014
okay was ozen is likable again...so much mysteries to uncover...lyza is incredible too
Aug 26, 2017 7:58 AM
Aug 2014
Expected survival training to be another short montage not half an episode. I wouldn't mind this pacing if it was slated for more episodes. At this point its easy to tell they forced the pacing to end at a certain point.
Aug 26, 2017 8:35 AM
Apr 2016
Honestly the people bitching about bad pacing are the ones who expect constant action or tits in their face every minute of runtime. They know nothing.

This show is amazingly paced, due to how it handles the establishing shots and the worldbuilding, along with the amazing score and visuals. Easily the best anime this season, and so much has happened in the show too.

The only thing I am let down on is removing a bit about Kiyui (the little kid who got sick before Riko and Reg left) heading out of town to avoid the Birthday Curse. And some visuals looked so much better in the manga but they still look amazing in the anime too.
Phosphophyllite is best gem
Aug 26, 2017 9:40 AM

Apr 2015
That shitty song again

Not much happened, not breathtaking in any way, but taking into account my current drunkness I presume it wasn't boring neither.
Aug 26, 2017 9:59 AM
うまぴょい伝説

May 2017
Comander-07 said:

PS: Any estimates for sales yet? I dont want to believe all the over sexualized garbage is more sucessfull

more or less 2k according to estimates
Aug 26, 2017 10:07 AM

Feb 2014
Nothing really happened in this episode but i get the feeling that the remaining episodes will all be really good. Can't wait to see that Bondrewd, and that rabbit girl from the poster, she takes too long to appear.
Aug 26, 2017 10:41 AM

Sep 2014
LeafHero71 said:
Comander-07 said:

PS: Any estimates for sales yet? I dont want to believe all the over sexualized garbage is more sucessfull

more or less 2k according to estimates
doesnt look to bad
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Aug 26, 2017 10:49 AM

Aug 2015
I'm kind of disappointed they didn't expand more on those 10 days. Still liked it well enough.
Aug 26, 2017 11:24 AM
May 2015
GangsterCat said:
i can stand bad manga since i can skim through, but bad anime is just painful to watch

dropped 3/10

Definitely don't agree. Proper world-building and character development takes time. If you don't have that, then later on, the very emotional scenes won't really have the impact that they could/should have. (and the feels are quite big in the manga)
Aug 26, 2017 12:55 PM

Oct 2016
So time passes differently on some levels of abyss? That's what I got from their dinner table discussion. Maybe Ozen isn't actually so old than everyone thinks. She just spend time on levels where time flew much slower compared to surface and everyone thinks she spend decades there. This whole abyss thing is getting more and more intriguing.

Please don't spoil if it's the case, I haven't read the manga.

Clad we actually got to see what Riko's parents looked like. Lyza was pretty and cool.

I'm really loving this show so far. I hope we get 2nd season because I don't think they will finish the story in next 5 episodes. Isn't the manga still going on, too?
Aug 26, 2017 1:32 PM

Aug 2015
Jeez so many spoilers in here. Discuss it in the manga forum will ya?

Loved this episode. Haven't seen Mahoutsukai no Yome, but this is easily the best anime of the season. The music, the characters, the art, the worldbuilding and storytelling. I wish they spent more time to go further into detail with some things, but we only have 13 eps which is kind of sad. Looking forward to seeing the other white whistles.

GangsterCat said:
dropped 3/10

lmao
>impatient people
I assume you prefer transformers over the godfather too, eh?
It's only a passing thing, this shadow. Even darkness must pass. A new day will come. And when the sun shines it will shine out the clearer.
Aug 26, 2017 1:35 PM
Jun 2017
Fuck, I love that ending soundtrack. Interesting to see more of Ozen and Lyza's past. This show is getting more and more awesome.
I said it perra.
Aug 26, 2017 3:32 PM

Feb 2016
Raon said:
Nothing really happened in this episode but i get the feeling that the remaining episodes will all be really good. Can't wait to see that Bondrewd, and that rabbit girl from the poster, she takes too long to appear.

We not gonna get Bondad. Atleast not this Season
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Made in Abyss Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 29, 2017

781 by YungGrif »»
Sep 24, 3:15 PM

Poll: » Made in Abyss Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Aug 11, 2017

176 by YungGrif »»
Sep 24, 10:52 AM

Poll: » Made in Abyss Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

EasyGo-er - Sep 8, 2017

612 by topfloorboss45 »»
Sep 22, 3:42 AM

Poll: » Made in Abyss Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Aug 18, 2017

198 by topfloorboss45 »»
Sep 21, 3:24 AM

Poll: » Made in Abyss Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jul 21, 2017

202 by topfloorboss45 »»
Sep 19, 5:17 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.