Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (13) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Jun 30, 2017 7:25 AM

Oct 2010
Phantasy_Starved said:
Others felt that it was too easy of an outcome, and generally unrealistic considering how young they were when they were forced to part.

- I saw a couple comments announcing the start of "Chinatsu routes," let the fanfics and doujinshi commence.

- Also concerning the ending, there were opposing viewpoints on whether they needed that happy ending montage at all. This one guy insisted basically that the ending was fan-service and should have been left more ambiguous, so you could draw your own conclusion. Not everyone agreed, of course, and liked the way it was wrapped up. One person said that live-action dramas leave dangling endings all the time, he was fine with an anime having a conclusive ending (I've never seen live action Japanese dramas so I wouldn't know).

- Turns out that I wasn't the only one saying to myself at the river-crossing scene, "Why aren't you running after her, Kota?" haha

I removed parts of your post from the quote that were irrelevant to my response.

1. The whole point of a story is that it's unique and "unrealistic". I put that in quotes because it's not really unrealistic. It's unlikely but middle school romance working out is a thing that happens in real life.

2. Chinatsu route would've honestly made a lot of sense in a more realistic setting lol. "Well, my girlfriend moved away...time to break up. This other girl asked me out anyway /shrug"- typical High schooler when I went to school. Kotarou was better and stronger than that. He truly loved Akane and fought for his relationship for years to get that marriage. I wouldn't have minded an OVA Chinatsu route or something. A VN of this could've been fun

3. More personal, but I'm sick of "open ended" anime. We have hundreds of those. I loved this show because it hinted the whole time that this was about a really strong couple that would fight through every obstacle in their way in order to be together. A lot of anime have "Ambiguous" endings because their source material is on-going. Original anime I feel should have proper endings like this did. I do agree with the movie idea though. That could've been great. I guess it still could, but it wouldn't have the same impact anymore since we know how it ends up.

4. Yes!! I shouted at my TV during that scene. Toward the end of it I was like "okay, Kotarou is gonna show up now?" and he didn't. :( She didn't even run very far...
Jun 30, 2017 7:29 AM
Jul 2016
[quote=Kougeru message=51326512]
Phantasy_Starved said:

1. The whole point of a story is that it's unique and "unrealistic". I put that in quotes because it's not really unrealistic. It's unlikely but middle school romance working out is a thing that happens in real life.

2. Chinatsu route would've honestly made a lot of sense in a more realistic setting lol. "Well, my girlfriend moved away...time to break up. This other girl asked me out anyway /shrug"- typical High schooler when I went to school. Kotarou was better and stronger than that. He truly loved Akane and fought for his relationship for years to get that marriage. I wouldn't have minded an OVA Chinatsu route or something. A VN of this could've been fun

3. More personal, but I'm sick of "open ended" anime. We have hundreds of those. I loved this show because it hinted the whole time that this was about a really strong couple that would fight through every obstacle in their way in order to be together. A lot of anime have "Ambiguous" endings because their source material is on-going. Original anime I feel should have proper endings like this did. I do agree with the movie idea though. That could've been great. I guess it still could, but it wouldn't have the same impact anymore since we know how it ends up.

+1 especially on point 3.

A more detailed manga/LN based on anime would be nice too.
Jun 30, 2017 7:32 AM

Nov 2010
That was beautiful. So happy that they were able to work out the hardest part of their relationship--long distance. Was teary-eyed not because the show was ending but by seeing them grew up and enduring til the end. I guess they were still in a long distance until they reached college? They definitely deserved to be happy.

PS. The last episode is so relatable on many levels (not getting accepted to your school choice and being in a LDR)
Jun 30, 2017 7:40 AM

Jan 2008
Great ending for such a good romance anime. 10/10

Now we need a second season about their sweet love
Jun 30, 2017 7:41 AM

Apr 2014
This is my romance anime of the year there were a couple issues. But it gave me a lot of satisfaction when it comes to growing up and development. Th e ending actually made me cry hard. Even though it showed what happened after that. It still ripped my heart to shreds. I freaking love it. Though sometimes these kinds of events do not often work out. It at least gave me some fictional happy moments where life is still on a beautiful scale. Man my tears and heart won't stop crying. Loved it. I think it earned a 7-8/10 for me.
Jun 30, 2017 7:43 AM

Jan 2017
Kougeru said:

4. Yes!! I shouted at my TV during that scene. Toward the end of it I was like "okay, Kotarou is gonna show up now?" and he didn't. :( She didn't even run very far...

I was yelling "go after her, comfort her!" that whole scene. man, that was hard to watch.
Jun 30, 2017 7:54 AM

Jan 2014
Holy shit... that was absolutely amazing. I cried so hard at the end, oh my god.

It ended perfectly, with no strings left loose. The fact that they got married at the end AAAAAAA</////3

This is probably the best romance anime I've seen (so far). Another good show by feel, I'm really looking forward to what they produce next.

10/10 for me. Might make a full review sometime.
Jun 30, 2017 7:57 AM

Aug 2013
definitely my AoTS here
this show successfully played my emotion through those episodes
gonna add this to my favorite

now the question is
Tsuki ga Kirei: After Story when?

9/10
Jun 30, 2017 7:57 AM

Jan 2017
The finale was handled excellently, everything was wrapped up nicely. It bumped my score from an 8 to a comfortable 9/10!
Jun 30, 2017 7:58 AM

Jun 2015
What a beautiful finale. Chinatsu confessed her feelings to Kotarou, but she got rejected. She was able to accept it. Akane breaking down was heartbreaking. She gets so anxious. I loved it when Kotarou wrote a story about his love for her. He got positive feedback and even got a reply from Akane. The montage in the end was great. This was truly a beautiful ending. One of the best romance anime.
Jun 30, 2017 8:03 AM
Mar 2017
A Great Happy Ending

LDR and Got Married

Great Episode & Great Anime (y)

note: What Ending Song? pls...
i want listen that --
Jun 30, 2017 8:10 AM

Jun 2013
Well just as predicted and just like all the other episodes, this was PERFECTION! And so beautiful!
So ends one of the best anime i have ever seen, and probably the best romance i have ever seen! I am going to miss my babies so much!
Obviously 10/10
Jun 30, 2017 8:18 AM

Nov 2015
Happy ending, awesome.
Papa Kotarou looked like Hira. Anyway, all I wanted was a happy ending, and that's great.
Jun 30, 2017 8:20 AM

Jul 2011
Damn son, that was an emotional rollercoaster and a good one too.

AoTS for me as well

Haven't had this feels for a long time and I'm glad I picked up this one for this season.
Would be nice to see an OVA before/after their marriage.
Jun 30, 2017 8:22 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Absolutely wonderful series. The best romance show i've seen so far.

Azumi is a great kid and Akane is just precious, i felt for her and her anxiety, it all boiled up ever since Azumi didn't make it and it just erupted in her crying so hard.

I will miss this series.

10/10
SmudyJun 30, 2017 8:30 AM
Jun 30, 2017 8:22 AM
Sep 2016
Omg, this is just beyond amazing. Definitely worth the wait.

I loved how realistic this series has been and totally one of the best romance anime I've ever seen.

10/10
Jun 30, 2017 8:32 AM
Dec 2016
BEST COUPLE OF THE SEASON (OR YEAR)!!!!

That Kotarou's shouting moment is so emotional!! Great it ends with this real-life theme that even long-distance relationship is quite hard but it's still working for both of them..

Thanks Akane&Kotaru for being one of the best MCs for romance series!

~Red string of fate and rings make them got together till the end :P

9/10 Hype for Seiji Kishi's another works that coming up in the summer!
CreateMaxJun 30, 2017 8:58 AM
Jun 30, 2017 8:49 AM
Dec 2012
Man... That was beautiful. I'm very satisfied :3
When "The Girlfriend" change to "The Wife" from the messages. OH YES.
Jun 30, 2017 8:52 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
This is the most satisfying romance series that I've ever watched bar none in the past 5 years, simple as that

That little texting montage at the end was too cute lol and seeing them married with a kid was perfect GAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH I LOVE THEM SO MUCH!!!!!!!!!!!

My only nitpick is that we didn't get to see what became of the other kids and if my second ship of Roman and the Teacher ended up setting sail but other than that, this finale was PERFECT (Although I wonder what job Kotarou got as an adult though)

9/10
Jun 30, 2017 8:55 AM
Jan 2017
This is absolutely one of my favorite animes so far. The beginning of this episode was not something I expected but in the end, I wasn't let down at all. Definitely recommended :D
Jun 30, 2017 9:00 AM
May 2015
Dammit! Why does this masterpiece of a romance have to end? Even if I don't try, this series always puts a smile on my face and also plays with my emotions every episode. This is, currently, the best romance anime I've seen this year.

9/10 for me..

Jun 30, 2017 9:05 AM

Feb 2016
What a perfect ending !!! when the train scene came up ,that reminds me with same scene on 5cm per second....but fortunately it was going well after that, and the idea for epilogue scene was freaking awesome, GOOD JOB STUDIO FEEL. !!!
RazierJun 30, 2017 9:10 AM
Jun 30, 2017 9:09 AM

Aug 2008
He didn't pass but no problem. They still get married in the end. A movie or OVA about their high school time will be great. One of the best romance show I ever watch. Among all the non sequel of Spring 2017, this one is certainly the best.
But it's important to remember that a movie review is subjective;it only gives you one person's opinion.

http://www.classzone.com/books/lnetwork_gr08/page_build.cfm?content=analyz_media&ch=30

It doesn't matter if you like LoGH,Monster etc.If you are a jobless or college/school dropout living in your mom basement, you are still an unintelligent loser. Taste in anime does not make you a better person.If elitist don't exist, casual pleb and shit taste also don't exist.
Jun 30, 2017 9:14 AM

Oct 2011
My AOTS, for shizzle. <3

Jun 30, 2017 9:15 AM

Sep 2008
Yes~~
OMG!
I love it so much!
After such long time I finally watch something nice!
Finally romance series which don't piss me off.
This give so many good feelings!
I hope get some time to re-watch this series,
because it is so good!
So cute, so pure... and that ending! <3

I love how in messages they got "My boyfriend"/"My girlfriend" *.*
So cute!
And these rings!

I was kinda sad... that Koutaro couldn't make it...
but this was really realistic and I had feeling like he gonna write something about Akane or about them,
when she started cry I was like "C'mon show her your novel! Go after her!"
but I like how they make it :D

10/10
I want more series like this!
Jun 30, 2017 9:17 AM

Jul 2016
Tears in my eyes. This is truly a beauty. Perfection. The absolute best romance anime I've ever watched from like ever. Easy 10/10.
Jun 30, 2017 9:22 AM

Jun 2015
I loved the ending.

ANIME OF THE SEASON.

(without sequels)
In the name of Allah, the Gracious, the Merciful. | You know what I hate the most? People who aren't free. They're no more than cattle.
Jun 30, 2017 9:27 AM

Aug 2015
Olem said:
What a ride and a pleasant surprise of the season.

Kotarou's novel ending was scaring me a bit there, making me feel like his novel would end with them going separate ways, but they stuck through thick and thin even despite the long distance relationship.

I'm a sucker for happy ending though, so them being some middle school sweethearts and lasting even all the way until marriage was great.

However, I'm unsatsfied with one thing, and that's what Kotarou ending up being in the end? Did he end up as a novelist like he wanted to be or...?

Oh well, guess there's no point in asking now.

Oh, and as an added touch, I love how they both had the plushies with them growing up, even while they were holding their child. God. damn. cute.

As someone who's currently in school for fiction writing, although I'm not sure how the market is over in Japan with light novels and such, the probability of him getting a book out there and just living off writing stories is pretty unlikely, usually you get a main job to work on and do your writing on the side.
Jun 30, 2017 9:38 AM

Mar 2017
i was waiting for the spanish subtitles since yesterday, but the wait was worth it.
I loved the last five minutes :¨)
Week after week, this anime never disappointed
Jun 30, 2017 9:43 AM

Jan 2015
Amazing ending. Thank god for giving us the ending credits and post credits. I think it's nice that the ED chats were theirs all along. They really overcame the distance. It's not that far and they could see each other every weekend, but still hard nonetheless. Studied together, traveled together, those chats were a joy to read.

I cried on that episode, specially that train scene. But it wasn't a brief cry, I cried like Akane did on that riverside, I used so much water today. They deserve that happy ending, and I'm glad they got it. So sweet. 10/10 for me, best romance I've ever seen. Studio feel., you had your production issues, but the story you made was truly remarkable, thank you so much.

AOTS and AOTY so far.
Jun 30, 2017 9:51 AM

Jul 2015
That was one hell of an expensive LINE add
Jun 30, 2017 10:02 AM
Mar 2016
I don't give lots of 10s to anime but Tsuki ga Kirei became one of my favorite and most memorable anime, adding to the fact that there wasn't much hype surrounding it at first. Overall, a perfect ending to a perfect couple, it's so good I'm even having my non anime watching girlfriend watch it and she's completely hooked.

10/10.
Jun 30, 2017 10:03 AM

May 2015
Spotted something there lol

LOL, My Honey??!! Seriously?!

And it keeps changing more :

ALL these recent romance anime authors were obsessed with twists and shit so this straight, sweet, decent and clean ending is really refreshing. Thanks a lot <3
AnimeCruizerJun 30, 2017 10:14 AM
Jun 30, 2017 10:06 AM
Jun 2016
Best Anime in this season! I will miss Kotarou and Akane..
I want the season 2 of this anime..
Great Opening and great ending
This anime make me tears at 2 latest episode
Thanks to director, studio, or anything people who help to make this anime..
10/10 for this anime!
Jun 30, 2017 10:08 AM
Jul 2015
Onsa_Rin said:
My resistance to waiting for the subs finally broke down 7 hrs after coming back from work. Had to watch the raws and depend on my nearly non existent Japanese to pick up a few words here and there. Even then.

This. This is what anime should be. Nay, this is what entertainment should be. A magical journey through the highs and lows of pretty much every emotional corner. I laughed. I fought onion ninjas. I sat back in awe and wonder at the aural and visual presentation. Heck I was ready to throw my keyboard at the TV if the subs didn't get uploaded *this very minute*. Then I shed more unmanly tears.

Kudos to the production team. This will likely be the measuring stick for every subsequent anime out there, at least for me.

Now excuse me while I buy stocks in insulin.
This is gold. What a great way to put things haha. Amazing show for this season!
Jun 30, 2017 10:09 AM

Oct 2015
I fucking cried when i saw the ending. The LINE chat while they are in high school until their marriage. And they have a baby, OMG. This is definitely the best romance anime ever. I wish I could rated this anime more than 10. I am so going to miss this series so much. I'm really sad that it's ended, but I'm so damn happy with the ending, even tears came out from my eyes. I really wish they animated their high school to adult life, but that is so unlikely to happen. Because we already know they're married now. There is not a single romance anime that can beat Tsuki ga Kirei, I'm sure of it. I wish i can have a love life like Kotarou and Akane. They both are so cute together! This anime is absolutely beautiful, I've been waiting for a long tie to see this kind of romance. Lots of romance anime are horrible, especially harem. I hope we can get a romance anime that as good as this one in the future :)
Maruko-sanJun 30, 2017 10:18 AM
Jun 30, 2017 10:10 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
A wonderful ending fitting to a fascinating show. Tsuki ga Kirei, my favorite show of the Spring, did not disappoint me one bit throughout the show despite the little poor animation. It kept me on my toes from Episode 1 and continued to fascinate me further with every episode. I simply cannot put this into words here. Furthermore, it has the ending that I personally love most, detailed and obvious hints in the end credits with an impactful and pleasant resolution. My, were they a blessing? Consequently, not only did they live through the harsh realities during their high school life, but also got married with a child. Simply fascinating stuff within a minute and a half! Being a high school student, myself, I have to say I would love to have a relationship such as these two.
Studio Feel, thank you sincerely from the botttom of my heart for this wonderful show! I hope there will be more of such mesmerizing and magnificent shows in due time. A lesson should also go to all the writers and directors that love stories do not always require something out of the blue in order to hook us up instantaneously but just a display of resilent pure love. 9.5/10!
_MushiRock11_Jun 30, 2017 10:21 AM
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Jun 30, 2017 10:19 AM
Mar 2016
mrjames1026 said:
A beautiful, beautiful ending.... I can't ask for more. This reminds me so much of my high school and my adolescence. A beautiful anime.

even i had the same thing going on my mind
Jun 30, 2017 10:24 AM
Apr 2017
This is my very first post on MAL, anyways...

This is basically a must see series, I love how they wrapped up at the ending...From the start of this series I already gave it a 10/10... Best ending anime ever, this is what I crave...
Jun 30, 2017 10:36 AM

Jul 2016
What can i say after this? It was absolutely beautiful.
Tsuki ga Kirei was the best anime in spring season. One of the easiest 10/10 of my life.
Jun 30, 2017 10:36 AM

Mar 2015
I kinda curious though, is this anime really a LINE commercial?

Because in the spreadsheet from sakugabooru blog, LINE or their parent company (NAVER) isn't listed as production committee.

If you're curious about the spreadsheet, you can read it https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1nhT1ebLxejyagiiLET8ajDu9CnHaTrhsRsjNdiRfur0/edit#gid=0
Tsuki ga Kirei production committee listed as: Flying Dog, Sotsu, MBS
not changing this signature until I want to do that
Jun 30, 2017 10:38 AM

Jan 2014
beautiful ending !
now im sad, i really really gonna miss this series a lot.
Jun 30, 2017 10:47 AM

Jun 2013
Anybody have any guesses on what the final score will be in a few days??
I'm guesso by somewhere along the lines of 8.15 or 8.2.
Jun 30, 2017 10:47 AM
Mar 2015
The ending was just so perfect! Almost too good to be true but i hope they will stay together like that forever:) Loved it!
Jun 30, 2017 10:57 AM

Dec 2011
I just finish it and this is on Shinkai Level or even better.I was so anxious during this finale as they seem to get apart but damn the ending credit scene was beautiful seeing how they keep being together always.
Definitely a masterpiece and i genuinely cried watching this finale.
Jun 30, 2017 10:58 AM
Jan 2009
As I type this, I am still watching the episode. It is nice to know they have a kid together. I will also say that out of the various MyAnimeList threads for an anime's final episode I've seen, this thread is the only one where the majority of responses were praising the ending.
Jun 30, 2017 10:58 AM
Jun 2017
Damn, I literally did not see that coming though. I thought that this would be a sad end but it turns out really great and I really loved the after story!

10/10 for me, this is just such a wounderful romance story. Once in a lifetime, that you will find someone special. And I just realized that the release of the final episode is the same day that I started watching, and of course I finished this anime in a day, so I could say that I watched this anime when it just ended.

Anyways, I love this anime so much, I hope that feel. Studio releases another romance anime. There's so much potential and possibility with this kind of romance, I really liked it!
Jun 30, 2017 11:07 AM
Mar 2017
Love so much this episode. T_T

10/10
Jun 30, 2017 11:10 AM

Mar 2016
I really loved this show! It's really great. I loved the characters and the story... I was thinking that it was going to be more dramatic but I'm happy it wasn't.

Omg that ending was so cute and amazing!
(oops, like I got in trouble before watching the episode)
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 30, 2017 11:11 AM
Mar 2017
Sometimes you just need a good, solid happy romance to pick you up.

And that is exactly what Tsuki ga Kirei turned out to be and I am freakin' thankful to the creators for it! This could've been one of those bitter-sweet or open-ended or down-right literary-types that all have some kind of sad element to the *overall* finish, but not Tsuki ga Kirei.

Yes, it was sad that Kotarou didn't get into Koumei.

Yes, it was sad that Akane moved away. (Having moved so many times in my childhood, I totally understood their feelings on that.)

Yes, it was sad that he didn't see her off at the train station.

But...

His story said everything that needed to be said.

He ran all the way to the train crossing to shout to Akane (and the world) that he loved her.

She didn't give up on him (as evidenced by taking her "potato" with her).

She reciprocated the strength of his devotion for her.

And it paid off with the rare -- but possible -- successful LDR.

This story had its ups and downs, its suspense and tension, and the endings is what makes all those moments worth it.

10/10.

Pages (13) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tsuki ga Kirei Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 8, 2017

98 by KamiKazee »»
Aug 10, 11:48 PM

Poll: » Tsuki ga Kirei Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 22, 2017

160 by AkiFosu »»
Aug 4, 7:00 PM

Poll: » Tsuki ga Kirei Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 15, 2017

195 by AkiFosu »»
Aug 3, 5:37 PM

Poll: » Tsuki ga Kirei Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 1, 2017

177 by AkiFosu »»
Aug 2, 1:50 PM

Poll: » Tsuki ga Kirei Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 25, 2017

180 by AkiFosu »»
Aug 1, 1:09 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.