Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Oct 20, 2016 6:47 PM

Mar 2008
This is why I don't even start watching a series until the 2nd episode is out. It's impossible to judge a 12+ episode show after a single episode.
>Ecchi na no wa ikenai to omoimasu!<
Oct 20, 2016 6:58 PM

Apr 2009
the reason why many people drop this anime not just the boobs the characters in Occultic;Nine are just annoying and awkward and this anime is more like a worse version of Supernatural (the U.S TV series) and many people would play BF1 instead and they exchanged this weird anime for a WWI V-game :P
Prankster_001Oct 21, 2016 6:50 PM
The current game that i play: Azur Lane :3

Oct 20, 2016 9:52 PM

Apr 2016
Prankster_001 said:
the reason why many peeps drop this anime not just the boobs the characters in Occultic;Nine are just annoying and awkward and this anime is more like a worse version of Supernatural (the U.S TV series) and many peeps would play BF1 instead and they exchanged this weird anime for a WWI V-game :P

You just said peeps twice.
Oct 21, 2016 1:36 AM

Apr 2009
CrashD said:
Prankster_001 said:
the reason why many peeps drop this anime not just the boobs the characters in Occultic;Nine are just annoying and awkward and this anime is more like a worse version of Supernatural (the U.S TV series) and many peeps would play BF1 instead and they exchanged this weird anime for a WWI V-game :P

tbh peeps means people so sorry about that

Oct 21, 2016 1:13 PM
Jun 2010
flannan said:
DeltaK317 said:
I personally didn't enjoy the first two episodes. The world thus far in Occultic;Nine is completely undefined, lacks atmosphere, and the characters seem like they belong in a moe anime (and I like moe). It might also be getting a lot of criticism from people that normally wouldn't watch a supernatural or cult focused anime. It seems silly, but people that loved Steins;Gate and Chaos;Head came expecting a psychological science thriller, and instead found bouncing fast talking unlikable characters with more silliness than a comedy anime with cultic conspiracy theories in the land of nonsense. Will fans of Supernatural and Cultic anime like it? Probably. Will Steins;Gate fans like it? Not inherently.

"Occult" isn't the same word as "cult".
"Occult" means something like "hidden magical knowledge", and it's used to describe stuff like ghosts, Ouija boards, fortune telling, real-life magic...
"Cult" means something like "bad religion", it's used to describe groups like scientology, satanism, Aum Shinrikyo, and many others. Note that the term is meant as a term of abuse, and thus can be applied to any religious group one doesn't like. Some are just like ordinary religions, but more zealous and unwilling to deal with outsiders, and the worst ones release poison gases upon innocent people.

Pardon my misuse of the term cult. I shall fix it.
What I meant simply is that a lot of the S;G fanbase has zero interest in the occult. Why are they bothering to review it then? Because they want the Science Adventure Series creators to know that they do not like it and want more things like Chaos;Head and Steins;Gate instead.
Oct 21, 2016 6:32 PM

Apr 2016
Prankster_001 said:
CrashD said:

I'm aware what it means.
Oct 21, 2016 6:49 PM

Apr 2009
CrashD said:
Prankster_001 said:

I'm aware what it means.
well ok ..........

Oct 21, 2016 9:14 PM

Nov 2009
DeltaK317 said:
flannan said:

"Occult" isn't the same word as "cult".
"Occult" means something like "hidden magical knowledge", and it's used to describe stuff like ghosts, Ouija boards, fortune telling, real-life magic...
"Cult" means something like "bad religion", it's used to describe groups like scientology, satanism, Aum Shinrikyo, and many others. Note that the term is meant as a term of abuse, and thus can be applied to any religious group one doesn't like. Some are just like ordinary religions, but more zealous and unwilling to deal with outsiders, and the worst ones release poison gases upon innocent people.

Pardon my misuse of the term cult. I shall fix it.

Thank you. I am always glad to spread understanding and correct word usage.

DeltaK317 said:
What I meant simply is that a lot of the S;G fanbase has zero interest in the occult. Why are they bothering to review it then? Because they want the Science Adventure Series creators to know that they do not like it and want more things like Chaos;Head and Steins;Gate instead.

1) Well, it's their loss. Even though I'm a science person, I had interest in the occult when I was younger.
2) We never know - maybe there is a scientist behind it all. After all, the mystery has yet to unfold. Chaos;Head was like that if I remember correctly.
Oct 21, 2016 10:35 PM

Apr 2016
Prankster_001 said:
CrashD said:

I'm aware what it means.
well ok ..........

Mmmmmmmmmmmmk :P
Oct 22, 2016 1:48 PM

Feb 2009
It's what happen after years of mindless school harem, and fan-services show that people seem to enjoy these days. This chaos is in league with Ryogo Narita's standard, but people seem to have no problem with those shows. Well, I will admit that Ryogo's characters are interesting.
Oct 22, 2016 3:10 PM

Sep 2013
Gays and women hating on the tits.
Don't be fooled by the other excuses, that's the real reason.
Oct 22, 2016 6:27 PM

Apr 2009
CrashD said:
Prankster_001 said:
well ok ..........

Mmmmmmmmmmmmk :P
and remember dude Battlefield 1 will get more hype than this anime

Oct 22, 2016 9:56 PM
Aug 2010
Did people really think the first episode was too fast? Barely anything even happened. The plot didn't really even start until the very end. You'd have to have the attention span of a five year old if you can't keep up...
polybius001Oct 22, 2016 10:01 PM
Oct 22, 2016 10:59 PM

May 2015
Because the show had a lot of hype and failed to deliver. I just watched ep 3 and I'm putting this show on hold because the only good thing so far is the animation I will wait for it to end and then give it another try.
Oct 23, 2016 1:14 AM

Jul 2015
At least the OP/ED are good, does anyone else think so?
Oct 23, 2016 6:33 AM

Mar 2013
I hated Steins;Gate's first episode when it was released, the stuff was confused AF. I almost dropped when it reached episode 5 or 6. But I gave a try.
And guess what? Top 10 on MAL, and I liked the story very much when it ended.
So maybe this show will improve in the next episodes.
_junoOct 23, 2016 6:38 AM
Oct 23, 2016 3:48 PM

Sep 2014
MortalMelancholy said:
Yeah, there's like maybe 10% actual plot content, 20% bouncing melons, 10% random shit, and 60% pointless and annoying random shit dialogue. Dafuq do you expect? "Ooh, I love people yammering about completely pointless random shit and bouncing melons! 10 10 10!"

Yeah this. It's also highly pretentious and implies to be intelligent and mature while it's the exact opposite. Having stupid dialouges that are supposed to be smart is just cringe-worthy. Then they throw in some dark stuff like murder, blood, shady characters who grin fanatically... man.
Oct 24, 2016 11:27 AM

Nov 2014
While for me this series is pretty decent, i guess i can see where the hate comes, especially the 1st episode whereas everything come in an extremely fast pace and in the end of the episode, nobody even understand what actually happen in that episode..
Reality is the lifeblood that makes a work pulse with energy. Reality itself is entertainment

Oct 24, 2016 3:44 PM

Oct 2014
The first ep was awesome and was more interesting that something like SG's 1 ep, imo
Oct 25, 2016 6:58 AM

Mar 2014
that oppai really ruined this anime for me although i wont be giving it a score or dropping it immediately. im still giving it a chance, since there are some things that pluck my curiousity. come one occultic;nine, show me what you got
why am i so well drawn into time travel stories?
do i really have that many regrets?
Oct 25, 2016 5:38 PM
Aug 2013
Honestly, it's pretty easy to see why people hate this. The first episode was one of the messiest episodes, I've seen in anime. They were obviously rushing just so they can reach the cliffhanger at the end, no, it's not an artistic choice like it is in some other shows. The first episode adapted a whole volume of a LN and they thought it was a good idea to speed things up just to reach the end, well you can see the reaction to that.

On top of that, the generically cheerful girl with the deformed breasts and the annoying main character doing a bunch of stupid things. The second and third episodes were a bit better but so far not good enough to redeem the first, I thought detective boy and doujinshi girl were pretty interesting. I'm at least glad this show has a variety of characters so we don't have to stick to the main two dumbasses. If anything can save this show, they're the secondary characters.

So yeah, first episode, really bad, it's honestly rare for me to find such a mess. Is it bad enough to shun off the show as irredeemable? No, but it was close.
Oct 25, 2016 11:08 PM

Dec 2013
Here in MAL after 100 of anime feast, most people will start turning into an anime sage, they'll be able to decide which is the best or the worst each season by watching 1 eps only or we just have too many idiots.

This show might turn into the next;best, but low scores will prevent its popularity from rising (especially hurt from people who fake completed it).
WilhelminaOct 25, 2016 11:12 PM
Oct 26, 2016 12:19 AM

Nov 2009
Psykofreac said:
On top of that, the generically cheerful girl with the deformed breasts and the annoying main character doing a bunch of stupid things. The second and third episodes were a bit better but so far not good enough to redeem the first, I thought detective boy and doujinshi girl were pretty interesting. I'm at least glad this show has a variety of characters so we don't have to stick to the main two dumbasses. If anything can save this show, they're the secondary characters.

For some reason, a lot of people assume that Gamon (the blogger) is the main character. But the only reason to think so is that he fits the "ordinary schoolboy" stereotype, and was introduced first. He doesn't seem to be in the center of the story so far.

Wilhelmina said:
Here in MAL after 100 of anime feast, most people will start turning into an anime sage, they'll be able to decide which is the best or the worst each season by watching 1 eps only or we just have too many idiots.

This show might turn into the next;best, but low scores will prevent its popularity from rising (especially hurt from people who fake completed it).

Well, usually veteran watchers can tell what an anime is about from 1 episode, and a lot of people use three-episode standard to compensate for any first-episode weirdness like with Occultic;Nine. For non-episodic and plot-heavy shows like Occultic;Nine, there is no way to tell if the show will be good or bad without watching a big part of it, but an episodic comedy like Acchi Kocchi will make you laugh (or not) from the very first episode, and is unlikely to drop in quality as the show goes on.
flannanOct 26, 2016 12:24 AM
Oct 26, 2016 9:06 AM

Dec 2013
Veteran watchers what?

I picked my first fav character (Hikaru Ichijou) when I barely able to speak, that is before I reached 4 years old. Now that I watched hundreds or even thousand anime, I still don't have any idea on how this industry works, how each gear respond with each other, this how and that how. It just amazed me how some people managed to with only a year or two experience, sometimes with their silly favorites.
Oct 26, 2016 2:12 PM

Nov 2013
I don't hate it, but what I dislike is:

- they apparently tried to emulate the style of Bakemonogatari, without knowing how to pull it off and failing horribly
- the rather horrible character design and, no, I'm not only talking about titanic bust size
- introducing too many characters in the first episode
- the characters were rather awful.
You're a louse, Roger Smith. - R. Dorothy Wayneright
This is my fight! No Senpai, this is our fight! - Kojou Akatsuki & Yukina Himeragi
Oct 26, 2016 2:32 PM
Aug 2013
TheBigGuy said:
- the rather horrible character design and, no, I'm not only talking about titanic bust size

What was wrong with the character designs otherwise? As much as O;N screwed up, I have to give it points for making a lot of characters look unique, maybe except a couple of girls I thought were the same person at some stage. I even find many people were interested in the art style.
Oct 26, 2016 2:53 PM

Nov 2013
Psykofreac said:
TheBigGuy said:

What was wrong with the character designs otherwise? As much as O;N screwed up, I have to give it points for making a lot of characters look unique, maybe except a couple of girls I thought were the same person at some stage. I even find many people were interested in the art style.

Unique, maybe.

I can't really describe it, but overall it seemed sloppy and unappealing.
This is my fight! No Senpai, this is our fight! - Kojou Akatsuki & Yukina Himeragi
Oct 26, 2016 2:58 PM
Aug 2013
It was probably the noses then, was it the noses?
Oct 26, 2016 2:59 PM
Oct 2016
Because it's shit.

Oct 26, 2016 11:37 PM
Aug 2013
Well, I can at least give O;N points for not being boring, not even the first episode. Madness inducing is better than boring.
Oct 27, 2016 1:32 AM

Nov 2009
Wilhelmina said:
Veteran watchers what?

I picked my first fav character (Hikaru Ichijou) when I barely able to speak, that is before I reached 4 years old. Now that I watched hundreds or even thousand anime, I still don't have any idea on how this industry works, how each gear respond with each other, this how and that how. It just amazed me how some people managed to with only a year or two experience, sometimes with their silly favorites.

I wasn't talking about the way industry works - it's complicated and evolving mess.
I was talking about the way authors and their works work. Many anime can be neatly characterized with a few tags. "Nanatsu no Taisai turned out to be an ordinary shounen battle anime in an over-the-top fantasy setting. I love how the MCs are rebels and outcasts". "Occultic;Nine uses multiple-characters-perspective to tell a mystery story, it will all make sense in the end, even if it's hard at first. Well, it can't be harder than Lain, can it?".
Things like that.
Oct 27, 2016 1:36 AM
Jul 2018
from what I hear the girls boobs are of way too absurd a size and i ain't even watching it

ichii_1 said:
Gays and women hating on the tits.
Don't be fooled by the other excuses, that's the real reason.

aaaaaand your sig pretty much emphasizes exactly what's wrong with the show's fanbase
of course ichii there's much else wrong with you so i wouldn't expect anything less
removed-userOct 27, 2016 1:44 AM
Oct 27, 2016 1:52 AM
Apr 2015
6 isn't really a bad rating.

MAL even states it as Fine (6), meaning it's above average.
Oct 27, 2016 2:23 AM

Nov 2009
Risara said:

Today in AD, I got told that only anime with rating of 7.8 or above deserve to be called "good". I haven't yet received a reason for this number.
People have very different ideas of what ratings should be.
Oct 27, 2016 2:44 AM

Dec 2013
@flannan I'am well aware of your points, hence "this how and that how", still my bad for being lazy hwvr.

Still the uses of fast paced multiple-characters-perspective aren't the new science within this field, some people even have Durarara and Baccano as its popular representatives on their list, but still jumping into "this meh" conclusion toward O;9. Hell there's some anime which doesn't makes any senses until the very last episode or even doesnt makes any senses at all yet people perceive it as amazing.

Steins;Gate was an example for not reading too much at the start of the series as most people back then rated it horribly, all ended well because some people gave it their trust to the series and carried it to the top later. In case you're asking, this is my 2nd accounts, my first were hacked or deleted, I dunno, back then during "hacker crisis".

Now I'm not saying O;9 are going to be the new S;G not even saying it'll end as a good anime, I'm just saying we are so early in the game, why would anyone count the score already. Just enjoy it, collect its puzzles then let's put it together at the end of the series, by then we'll know what kind of picture this anime tried to make. Will it be a beautiful picture, horrible, unique, or even missing some pieces?
WilhelminaOct 27, 2016 2:48 AM
Oct 27, 2016 2:49 AM

Nov 2009
Wilhelmina said:
Now I'm not saying O;9 are going to be the new S;G not even saying it'll end as a good anime, I'm just saying we are so early in the game, why would anyone count the score already. Just enjoy it, collect its puzzles then let's put it together at the end of the series, by then we'll know what kind of picture this anime tried to make. Will it be a beautiful picture, horrible, unique, or even missing some pieces?

I can only agree. How good O;9 is can only be known when we're done watching it and thinking it over. But we can tell that it's the kind of show we'll need to watch to the end to understand it from the first episode or two.
Oct 27, 2016 3:04 AM
Apr 2015
flannan said:
Risara said:

Today in AD, I got told that only anime with rating of 7.8 or above deserve to be called "good". I haven't yet received a reason for this number.
People have very different ideas of what ratings should be.

Yeah, I also noticed that. Most users of MAL is pretty retarded with their ratings.
Oct 27, 2016 3:05 AM

Sep 2009
This anime is soooo baaad
~Lalala
Be thankful for the wisdom granted to you.
Oct 27, 2016 3:12 AM

Dec 2013
@flannan

In that case people should stop complaining. I dropped many anime before, too many tbh, but I don't go anywhere swinging it around to other people face, not even going to list it in afraid I might disheartened people who might want to try it and who knows, it'll fit their taste. And nah, never in my case I dropped anything just because a particular character own boobs 10 times bigger than mine.
Oct 27, 2016 6:31 AM
Mar 2015
I was excited by the first episode because of the intense pacing and fast talking, but as I watched the second and third episode I realized that nothing interesting is actually happening and got bored.
Oct 27, 2016 7:34 AM

Dec 2007
jerat said:
CrashD said:
Why is everyone hating on this show? The rating is super low for a show with only like one episode. What could possibly be so bad that you'd immediately dislike it when the story hasn't even fully started?
Pretenciuos show and monster boobs, also bad excuses. 2/10

How is this a valid reason to hate on the show that much?
That's a copy-paste opinion of what the O;N haters believe...
Oct 27, 2016 7:18 PM

Nov 2013
Psykofreac said:
It was probably the noses then, was it the noses?

The noses look a bit weird, but they don't bother me.

After having seen 3 episodes, the style and character design actually grew on me. It looks rough around the edges, but I think, that it fits the show. It reminds me of Persona 3, especially with showing the date during a scene change.

The characters are interesting, except Gamon maybe, and the mystery is intriguing. At this point, it can go both ways : it can be absolutely horrible or really great. I hope for the latter, since it has potential.
Oct 27, 2016 8:15 PM

Jan 2009
I've only watched episode 1 and honestly I don't feel motivated to continue watching (of course I'm not gonna rate it just yet, and I'm gonna give it another chance).
The reason is the directing, it's rushed and boring, there's too much dialogue, too many characters, and yet I still can't tell what the show's really about.
The music choice for some scenes too didn't fit in my opinion, like that last scene! and the characters are kinda meh.

Now I have no doubts that the show may turn out to be very good, but the pilot is one of the most important things in any anime, leaving all reasons aside, my reaction after finishing the episode was "oh God, it's finally over!", and when the next episode was released I didn't care at all.
I think it's better for me to wait and see what happens with this show before I get back to it, maybe after a few more weeks.
Oct 27, 2016 8:30 PM

Jan 2009
flannan said:

I disagree. First impression doesn't matter all that much when you have reputation from other;titles. And those people who have dropped it? They were never the target audience in the first place. This show isn't for impatient people, by its very structure.

If Occultic;Nine needs Steins;Gate's reputation to succeed then it's already a failure.
Don't forget that people may put it on-hold if they don't get a good first impression, and then eventually they lose interest or just forget about it, this happens a lot with me and my friends.
Oct 27, 2016 10:32 PM

Nov 2009
DiabloMask said:
flannan said:

I disagree. First impression doesn't matter all that much when you have reputation from other;titles. And those people who have dropped it? They were never the target audience in the first place. This show isn't for impatient people, by its very structure.

If Occultic;Nine needs Steins;Gate's reputation to succeed then it's already a failure.
Don't forget that people may put it on-hold if they don't get a good first impression, and then eventually they lose interest or just forget about it, this happens a lot with me and my friends.

Occultic;Nine was never intended to appeal to people with little motivation and short attention span. It's a fine example of elitist anime - the kind that makes you feel good just for the fact you managed to complete it and understand it, unlike lesser fans who failed to do it.
Next, there people will praise the anime to high heavens (to make themselves feel even better), which will be the basis for the show's fame. And people will hear it, go and buy the disks to see it too, because they missed the broadcast.
Oct 28, 2016 1:22 AM

Apr 2009
The Sun Ain't gonna shine for this anime and if they trying to copy Supernatural they will fail immediately

Oct 28, 2016 6:43 AM

Mar 2014
YES! Let the ratings keep dropping xD man this is definitely one of the ones that went horribly wrong this season
"You can't spell slaughter without laughter".
Oct 28, 2016 9:35 AM

Aug 2015
The problems lie within the pacing and overall annoying characters. If you have terrible pacing and not likable characters then you are setting up a recipe for disaster.
"I -AM- ELECTRICITY." -Gunvolt
Oct 28, 2016 9:52 AM

Jan 2009
flannan said:
DiabloMask said:

Occultic;Nine was never intended to appeal to people with little motivation and short attention span. It's a fine example of elitist anime - the kind that makes you feel good just for the fact you managed to complete it and understand it, unlike lesser fans who failed to do it.
Next, there people will praise the anime to high heavens (to make themselves feel even better), which will be the basis for the show's fame. And people will hear it, go and buy the disks to see it too, because they missed the broadcast.

The first episode had horrible directing that's the reason it turns people away, not because of their lack of attention span, you can say that if people complained about the show being slow or complicated, but the main problem here is the directing.
I myself am a fan of shows like Steins;Gate, Ginga Eiyuu Densetsu, NHK ni Youkoso, Evangelion, and all of them managed to keep me interested from the beginning, if Occultic;Nine fails to do that then it's on the show, not on me.
Oct 29, 2016 6:16 AM

May 2009
HueyLion said:
YES! Let the ratings keep dropping xD man this is definitely one of the ones that went horribly wrong this season

How it went wrong? It's one of best series this season.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Occultic;Nine Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 24, 2016

217 by HibiChika »»
Aug 4, 7:21 AM

Poll: » Occultic;Nine Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 22, 2016

172 by Selltar »»
Jun 10, 1:49 PM

Poll: » Occultic;Nine Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 8, 2016

449 by Selltar »»
Jun 10, 8:50 AM

Poll: » Occultic;Nine Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 5, 2016

95 by Archean-Return »»
May 20, 2:36 PM

» For the people who seen it

mathbg - Sep 8, 2023

3 by mathbg »»
Sep 9, 2023 8:11 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.