Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Re:ZERO -Starting Life in Another World- (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (13) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Sep 11, 2016 12:43 PM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
10/10, top tier level

Sep 11, 2016 12:48 PM

Jul 2015
The visuals weren't really worse than earlier episodes. RE:Zero never looked good except for a handful of well animated scenes.

Mar 2015
Seohyeon said:
zombieiscoming said:
This episode was terrible. 2/5
The quality is terrible (art/animation). The action is freaking terrible too. I love Re:Zero but completely disappointed.

Don't quote me if you don't like this post.

I know .. i noticed that too .. I think they really rushed it to finish this series .. Most of the episode they skipped the opening and endings .. that means more stuff for animation .. its a lot more work for them .. but very disappointed as well.. since the fight with the whale the art and animation is bad.. if you compare the latest episode with the first episodes of re zero you will see what i mean .. the fight against elsa in episode 2-3 was so awesome compared to the latest episodes ..

Fuck, I'm really glad people actually have noticed the huge drop in animation. I've had people tell me I'm insane and that the animation quality actually improved... like WTF?!! The animation has been pretty awful at times since the whale fight.
Je trempe mes cookies dans tes larmes.

Jan 2016
Sep 11, 2016 12:49 PM

Feb 2012
Revert67 said:
LauraBirdie said:

No, just no. Have you SEEN Orange episode 9? How can you even think about comparing that trainwreck to this episode?

Seriously what is wrong with people's definition of bad animation these days.....

Read the name "Flawfinder". A "Flawfinder" will find flaws even if there are none.

There is NOTHING in the world that doesn't have flaws. To say otherwise is taking all the fan out of being a fan of something.

Rehls said:

Rest is again, you wishing it was 'bad'.

It's as token as the final episodes of Garo: Carved Seal of Flames. And I didn't like those episodes one bit.
I Write About Anime (and other stuff) At Standing On My Neck
Sep 11, 2016 12:50 PM

Mar 2015
Smudy said:
And of course, haters will jump on the train now that they have a vessel (the first like 10 posts of the thread). I know xD

So stating that the animation was bad at times (which is, you know, like, a freaking fact) makes us 'haters'? ... Have a seat, kid.
Sep 11, 2016 12:50 PM
Jul 2014
Revert67 said:
Actrion said:
I just think that episode 25 ending wont be as good as I hope, cant see it being wrapped up as there is much more to the story.
Soit will mostlikely stay on 8/10.

Somebody knows how much there is adapted in the novels right now?

In the WN? About three seasons worth of content.

In the LN? Everything up to ep 23.

Well, so they are adapting by the WN then and not LN? That's good, there would be huge wait for season 2 otherwise.
Sep 11, 2016 12:51 PM

Jul 2012
JULIUS YOU ARE SO AWESOME FIGHTING TOGETHER WITH ALL THAT COLORFUL LITTLE BALLS OF LIGHT OH MY KOKORO <3
I hope they don't kill my crush :(
I admit that I cringed a bit at his and Subaru's scene, that was so shounen-ish cheesy lol But I'm glad they kinda accepted each other.
So, Subaru's save point updated. Good for you, my friend.
I actually laugh quite a bit in this episode. Betelgeuse is just too weird and funny, when he was flying and when he and Subaru were staring at each other. That little cat girl too "WE KILLED THEM ALL YAAAAY \:D/".
Then, the Witch's Cult want Emilia to be Satella's vessel, and that is why she died in the previous episodes, I guess? 'Cause I never really got why they killed her if she and the witch are so alike, but they tried to make her a vessel, it failed and she died. I GUESS. I CAN BE WRONG THO.
Puck and Emilia moments were really cute. Poor Emilia, dude :(
(And there is this scene with Emilia remembering some stuff and she says that she thought that Subaru would never treat her differently and he says that it is impossible for him...so maybe this obsession he has with her is because of the vessel thing? Not saying he doesn't love her or anything (pls don't put me inside the ship wars mess) but the obsession part of it could be because they are both connect to the witch somehow...? Just a really random idea XD)
Man, there were no op or ed in this episode and I still think it was really fast D:

Jun 2016
Loved the episode, it had me at the ear-nibble.

I cannot imagine that the only one remaining 24-minute episode will give me any sort of closure. Withdrawal will hit me like a brick wall. Not sure if I want to binge through the LNs just yet, given how the story is still incomplete. I wouldn't like to be left waiting again.
Jul 2016
Where the hell is Rem ? If Whilhem already arrive in the mansion ?

just a rhetorical question :)
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 11, 2016 12:52 PM

Dec 2013
Hunter562 said:
On my way to steal yo girl

Funniest invisible magic carpet ride I've ever seen XDDD

Jokes aside, I guess Subaru did a decent job in sorting out things with Ram and the villagers. It was kinda funny how he had to resort to hoisting wooden plaques at her to get his apology across. Still don't get how they flushed out the spy though. I would have thought that he was with the villagers when Subaru arrived and apologized, so why didn't he contact his cohorts about the rescuer's plans then and there?

Am not quite sure what to make of Pucks conversation with Emilia about Beatrice though. Is there some sort of significance that we need to know about Beatrice deciding to stay in the manor where she's contracted to stay in in the first place?

Oh yeah, and Julius' awesomeness should be apparent for everyone now. Spent quite a few posts immediately after he beat Subaru to a pulp to point out what a great dude he was and yet there were still haters. Hope y'all see sense now. He was already holding back at the time, Subaru was just that weak and stubborn.
HESTIAAPPROVES
Sep 11, 2016 12:52 PM

Jan 2016
Actrion said:
Revert67 said:

In the WN? About three seasons worth of content.

In the LN? Everything up to ep 23.

Well, so they are adapting by the WN then and not LN? That's good, there would be huge wait for season 2 otherwise.

Not really. We still have to wait. WN is not gonna make any money. We will have to wait until LN gets farther
Sep 11, 2016 12:53 PM

Mar 2015
Thought this episode was weaker than the previous ones, but great nonetheless.

I'm really curious how they're gonna conclude this in 24 minutes...
Sep 11, 2016 12:54 PM

May 2016
Ending in episode 23 was freaking awesome and there we have episode 24 that is boring as hell. If it wasn't last episode i would drop this anime.
JakubajkSep 11, 2016 1:03 PM

Mar 2015
Rehls said:
For all that @zombieiscoming said about the animation, I didn't see anything bad, really. (Unlike episode 20.) Oh well, anyway.

lol wow if you didn't see any problems with art/animation you're either blind or a fanboy.. like, look at the Julius pic above your post....

May 2010
Pretty underwhelming episode I hope the next one makes up for it

And people are saying that everyone will be salty because of the final episode and that it's something related to Rem.. Because of the blank letter I'm guessing that Rem... is dead? I can't think of anything else, looking forward to it
Sep 11, 2016 12:56 PM
Jul 2018
Felix is going aggressive on subaru
lol
Sep 11, 2016 12:57 PM
Jul 2018
RedaJaNai said:
Seohyeon said:

I know .. i noticed that too .. I think they really rushed it to finish this series .. Most of the episode they skipped the opening and endings .. that means more stuff for animation .. its a lot more work for them .. but very disappointed as well.. since the fight with the whale the art and animation is bad.. if you compare the latest episode with the first episodes of re zero you will see what i mean .. the fight against elsa in episode 2-3 was so awesome compared to the latest episodes ..

Fuck, I'm really glad people actually have noticed the huge drop in animation. I've had people tell me I'm insane and that the animation quality actually improved... like WTF?!! The animation has been pretty awful at times since the whale fight.

...What they're complaining about is stuff like this:

The rest Fappa has explained it in detail in the first page.
Jul 2014
_Hans_ said:
Actrion said:

Not really. We still have to wait. WN is not gonna make any money. We will have to wait until LN gets farther

The WN is by the original author? If they have contract with him, so why not?

Mar 2015
I gotta say I'm very surprised by the incredible amount of salt in this thread from fanboys who're pretending that the animation had no problem whatsoever. lololol wow
Sep 11, 2016 12:59 PM
Jul 2018
RedaJaNai said:
Rehls said:
For all that @zombieiscoming said about the animation, I didn't see anything bad, really. (Unlike episode 20.) Oh well, anyway.

lol wow if you didn't see any problems with art/animation you're either blind or a fanboy.. like, look at the Julius pic above your post....

Nope. You're stupid and I was paying more attention to the subtitles at the moment, and didn't notice the blink.
Sep 11, 2016 12:59 PM

Apr 2012
Dahyun said:
Pretty underwhelming episode I hope the next one makes up for it

And people are saying that everyone will be salty because of the final episode and that it's something related to Rem.. Because of the blank letter I'm guessing that Rem... is dead? I can't think of anything else, looking forward to it
It's not really a given that Rem will have something happen to her anymore. Althouuuuughhhhh...

Spoilers ahead.

Autocrat said:
Hitler was good, objectively.
Sep 11, 2016 1:00 PM
Apr 2016
i can't believe next week is the last episode! I liked the episode! my sunday anime won't be the same without re zero ! :(
Sep 11, 2016 1:00 PM

Feb 2012
Revert67 said:
Flawfinder said:

There is NOTHING in the world that doesn't have flaws. To say otherwise is taking all the fan out of being a fan of something.

That is not what I said though.

You said "A "Flawfinder" will find flaws even if there are none." That implies you don't think this episode had flaws.
Sep 11, 2016 1:01 PM

Jul 2015
The art and animation quality keeps dropping. I wonder if they have enough budget for episode 25.
Re:Zero nice troll ending.
Sep 11, 2016 1:01 PM

Jul 2015
Rehls said:
RedaJaNai said:

Nope. You're stupid and I was paying more attention to the subtitles at the moment, and didn't notice the blink.
Watch The Canipa Effect and Learn about animation and how the process works, lol hell they will MOST likely fix those problems with the Blu rays like most Studios(*cough*shaft *cough*)
Sup...
Sep 11, 2016 1:02 PM

Jul 2015
INB4 the retards that think TV animation is about Budget...
Sup...
Sep 11, 2016 1:02 PM

Jul 2015
Sometimes791 said:
The art and animation quality keeps dropping. I wonder if they have enough budget for episode 25.
Time*..............................................
Sup...
Sep 11, 2016 1:03 PM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
SenpaiJay98 said:
INB4 the retards that think TV animation is about Budget...

I always respected you, Yang, even though i have not seen the complete anime. Good man once again strikes with wisdom.
Sep 11, 2016 1:04 PM

Mar 2015
Rehls said:
RedaJaNai said:

Someone's triggered.

"Animation was bad"

"But... BUT! You just paused at the wrong frame! And... and... producing an anime is hard!!11"

Dude, just stop. Animation was awful at times. It's a FACT, not my opinion. Fappa's reason as to why the animation was bad is true, but I don't see why you're using his reasoning in order to back up your claim that the animation was just fine. Like, Fappa basically explained why the animation was bad. lel.

Ask yourself, out of 24 Re: Zero episodes discussion threads, why is it that this one in particular is the one with a shitton of people complaining about the animation?

So according to you the overwhelming majority of posters are wrong but you and a handful of hardcore fanboys are right? lol OK buddy.
Sep 11, 2016 1:06 PM

Feb 2012
Revert67 said:
Flawfinder said:

You said "A "Flawfinder" will find flaws even if there are none." That implies you don't think this episode had flaws.

Maybe I should express it differently then: A "Flawfinder" will find the actual flaws and then add some more. I was refering to your comparison of the animation quality that made it seem worse than it actually is.

Except I don't recall saying the "animation" quality was on the level of Orange. I said "quality" as in everything including the animation. The auto-piloted nature of the plot, the lack of anything getting my brain stirring, the lackluster animation, and everything else that makes both shows equally boring as of right now.
Sep 11, 2016 1:06 PM

Jul 2015
SenpaiJay98 said:
Sometimes791 said:

If they don't have enough money to pay the art department, then they've to cut back on expenses. This leads to less detailed pictures and sloppy transitions between scenes because less scenes and less detailed scenes mean less costs. While the time also plays a role, it could also be the infamous budget allocation mistake.
Re:Zero nice troll ending.
Sep 11, 2016 1:07 PM

Mar 2015
Immahnoob said:
"Wait, that's my coat. And I know your voice, Subaru." - Emilia, in any realistic situation.

Yeah that part was so unrealistic it became cringy AF. Why didn't more people notice that? lmao
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
RedaJaNai said:
Immahnoob said:
"Wait, that's my coat. And I know your voice, Subaru." - Emilia, in any realistic situation.

Yeah that part was so unrealistic it became cringy AF. Why didn't more people notice that? lmao

It got explained in the middle of the episode.

Jul 2015
Sometimes791 said:
SenpaiJay98 said:

If they don't have enough money to pay the art department, then they've to cut back on expenses. This leads to less detailed pictures and sloppy transitions between scenes because less scenes and less detailed scenes mean less costs. While the time also plays a role, it could also be the infamous budget allocation mistake.
Time Constraints*............................................................
Sup...
Sep 11, 2016 1:08 PM

Apr 2012
RedaJaNai said:
Immahnoob said:

Because it was explained right after that the coat has a spell on it. I wrote that before I watched the entire episode and left it as is because it's still lolworthy.

I would have paid for a scene in which Emilia is like "Subaru, I know it's you.".

Autocrat said:
Sep 11, 2016 1:08 PM
Apr 2016
Smudy said:
Looking at Reddit, i don't find an obvious post about ''bad animation/art'' in more than 200 comments. MAL sure is funny.

Even though Reddit would be the first place you'd see such comments, it doesn't surprise me. In terms of animation/art, the episode was good. Not great, but certainly not mediocre either. Just because some episodes had top-notch quality, it doesn't mean the rest of the show will. It was 25 episodes of a LOT of work, it's totally justified to have some normal quality, especially one episode before the finale.
Sep 11, 2016 1:09 PM

Sep 2015
That old man took him 10 seconds to kill Betel , why this is taking more time with Juli , I mean he's not as good as whilhim but still
Sep 11, 2016 1:10 PM

Apr 2012
MuQu said:
That old man took him 10 seconds to kill Betel , why this is taking more time with Juli , I mean he's not as good as whilhim but still
Dramatic effect.

Autocrat said:
Sep 11, 2016 1:11 PM

Mar 2015
Immahnoob said:
RedaJaNai said:

Because it was explained right after that the coat has a spell on it. I wrote that before I watched the entire episode and left it as is because it's still lolworthy.

I would have paid for a scene in which Emilia is like "Subaru, I know it's you.".

Oh I mustn't have paid attention then. It makes much more sense lol
Sep 11, 2016 1:14 PM
Jul 2018
RedaJaNai said:
Rehls said:

Someone's triggered.

"Animation was bad"

"But... BUT! You just paused at the wrong frame! And... and... producing an anime is hard!!11"

Dude, just stop. Animation was awful at times. It's a FACT, not my opinion. Fappa's reason as to why the animation was bad is true, but I don't see why you're using his reasoning in order to back up your claim that the animation was just fine. Like, Fappa basically explained why the animation was bad. lel.

Ask yourself, out of 24 Re: Zero episodes discussion threads, why is it that this one in particular is the one with a shitton of people complaining about the animation?

So according to you the overwhelming majority of posters are wrong but you and a handful of hardcore fanboys are right? lol OK buddy.

Oh you believe you know better, hah? Like I said, it's some drawings from afar that didn't appear good. I already gave examples. Drawing those should be more difficult, so something like this can be expected. But they didn't bother me. Unlike like I said, the ones from episode 20. The one that stood out the most to me was the first example I gave.

And I don't even have to clarify what triggered me, right? Eh.
Sep 2014
RedaJaNai said:
Rehls said:

Someone's triggered.

"Animation was bad"

LOL the animation was indeed really bad, the last scene looks like they forgot to add a background, anyway...

But it wasn't THAT bad. Like you guys are saying that it was as bas as Orange, where some of the scenes literally defies the laws of physics

White Fox isn't known for their top-tier animation, and even though the bad animation was pretty noticeable, it wasn't as near bad as you guys are saying and you're just being haters and dicks at this point

And I seriously hope for you that your cookies taste good.

Jan 2013
Perfect planning, good episode. Emilia Subaru confrontation must happen next episode
Sep 11, 2016 1:16 PM
Apr 2013
Ok guys, shall I wait for the BDs or just marathon the TV version?
Sep 11, 2016 1:16 PM

Mar 2015
What's the shape of DNA molecule

Double Felix

Sep 11, 2016 1:17 PM

Apr 2012
worldeditor11 said:
Ok guys, shall I wait for the BDs or just marathon the TV version?
Just marathon it. I doubt much will change in the BD.

Autocrat said:
Sep 11, 2016 1:18 PM
Jul 2018
MuQu said:

They can't kill Petelgeuse so simply, because then he'd just jump to another finger (which would be Subaru)... What Subaru and Julius might be planning to do is seal Petelgeuse somehow... Or obliterate his soul.
Sep 11, 2016 1:18 PM

Feb 2015
people need to stop bitching about the animation it was fine. To claim it was 'awful' is beyond a joke. Konosuba got away with shit animation for an entire season and was still a good show. A few corners were cut in the action scenes but it doesn't matter. White fox have put allot of effort into the series and deserve credit for that.

I got the impression they wanted to get rid of the witches cult asap to focus more on the aftermath for the final episode.
Sep 11, 2016 1:20 PM

Apr 2014
The art and animation was only bad at like 1 scene every 5 minutes, nothing too major. The ending's art was lackluster but that's about it.

I don't get the complaints.

White Fox is a studio with great animation, you can clearly see it in past episodes and their other shows. So I don't get this defense either.

It's below par for a studio like White Fox sure, but it's nothing major.

Other than that great episode, looking forward to next week's finale.
Sep 11, 2016 1:21 PM

Mar 2015
Sora027 said:
RedaJaNai said:

Someone's triggered.

"Animation was bad"

LOL the animation was indeed really bad, the last scene looks like they forgot to add a background, anyway...

But it wasn't THAT bad. Like you guys are saying that it was as bas as Orange, where some of the scenes literally defies the laws of physics

White Fox isn't known for their top-tier animation, and even though the bad animation was pretty noticeable, it wasn't as near bad as you guys are saying and you're just being haters and dicks at this point

And I seriously hope for you that your cookies taste good.

Well I never said that the animation was as bad as Orange's... It's just that yeah, at some times, the animation was really bad. It's a fact. How many times do I have to repeat this? Stating a fact doesn't mean I though ALL the animation was shit or as bad as Orange (the words you basically put in my mouth). It doesn't make me a 'dick' or 'hater' either. Like you don't even know my overall opinion of the show lmao. Overall opinion which is very good actually.

And yeah, my signature is a reference you didn't get. Try harder next time to label me as a 'hater' next time, kid.
Pages (13) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Season one on Crunchyroll?

SenshadouOtaku - Yesterday

5 by CatChud »»
Yesterday, 6:29 PM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 10, 2016

2079 by -Vortex »»
Yesterday, 2:52 PM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 17, 2016

539 by ionelHeredia »»
Sep 27, 8:41 PM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 31, 2016

1835 by Pruzkumak »»
Sep 24, 12:54 PM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 10, 2016

513 by ionelHeredia »»
Sep 23, 8:27 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.