Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Re:ZERO -Starting Life in Another World- (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (18) « First ... « 6 7 [8] 9 10 » ... Last »
Aug 7, 2016 5:31 PM

Jan 2008
Jagd84 said:
Paul said:

Seems unlikely that a 'master swordsman' would flee from battle let alone the whale letting her escape. Unless the anime decides to go into explanation or someone can actually explain it via source from the LN, it'll stay a plothole in my eyes.

Who said she fled or anything? To begin with the White Whale is just a monster that attacks mainly on instinct, wouldn't care or distinguish one human from another so this logic doesn't follow. And plot holes don't work like that nor would there be on this obvious. The point you supposed to theory on this not look for an excuse to shut you brain off.

The guy I quoted before stated she could have died after getting injured. That's why I said flee, unless Wilhelm was fighting with her to bring her body back after she died, which in that case he's the one who would have fled.
Aug 7, 2016 5:35 PM

Mar 2010
Raven_Wingz said:
Oh, yeah somehow Crusch didn't know Sub was lying about his magical flip phone, I guess the wind fails sometimes. Maybe he farted and broke it.

No, actually it's because he technically wasn't lying.
Aug 7, 2016 5:36 PM

Jan 2015
My boy Barusu went full LEEEROOOOOOY JEEEEENKINSSSS!

Oh and FUCK YOU WHAAALE!
Aug 7, 2016 5:36 PM

May 2015
Jagd84 said:
zal said:

]However it can't be realistic. What he has been through is not realistic so what happens as consequence is unlikely realistic. The events and Subaru's character could be believable or plausible but I don't see how they are realistic. In reality you can't die repeatedly and go back in time. Subaru's character development (despite good or bad, liked or disliked) is just the author's imagination, speculation. It is not unrealistic just because it is fiction but because the context is not realistic and it doesn't really. Some parts are indeed quite realistic however the core concept of the show is not. When trying to discuss this issue some go like "Do you know how it feels to die repeatedly and see your friends forget about you? Poor Subaru" or something like that. No, I don't know what he is going through but neither do you nor the author simply because it is not something that we can experience because it is not something realistic.

I could see Subaru's condition as realistic if it was actually used as social commentary and got deeper into the issue but he didn't because that's not the point of the show. It is mere melodrama.

*sigh*

It seems you're gonna still make can objective claim on something you know nothing about, instead just admitting it dropping the subject. You're talking from your own preferences and not any experience so you can say what is realistic or not. You can state if you liked it, but beyond that us just hollow ignorance that any professional would who studies these fields. I'm no expert either, but I have enough common sense act like I know, and just feelings on matter. Certainly avoid absolute terms like realistic. You're looks for faults regardless if the make sense or not.
I am not looking for faults here but discussing against the praise the show gets for being realistic, especially Subaru. Not being realistic is not a flaw. Do you think Subaru is realistic?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 7, 2016 5:38 PM
Jul 2016
Paul said:
Jagd84 said:

Who said she fled or anything? To begin with the White Whale is just a monster that attacks mainly on instinct, wouldn't care or distinguish one human from another so this logic doesn't follow. And plot holes don't work like that nor would there be on this obvious. The point you supposed to theory on this not look for an excuse to shut you brain off.

The guy I quoted before stated she could have died after getting injured. That's why I said flee, unless Wilhelm was fighting with her to bring her body back after she died, which in that case he's the one who would have fled.

When I said that It was suppose to be an example xD , not the true :O , :) Not everthing must die xD right ?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 7, 2016 5:38 PM

Nov 2014
Rehls said:
@ouriel

He's not fully accepted it. And at the time, he wanted to improve his own opinion about himself, after his separation from Emilia. And he didn't expect the problem to be so much above what he could handle. He should've felt confident after successfully dealing with the village issue. And he wasn't certain that he could get help--he hadn't what to bargain with.

Ok, I can accept this, but it still felt like a stagnation to me, tho, you're right, he should've been more confident after dealing with the shaman and that he had help from others, altho the problem this time, as you said it's bigger and didn't know if he's got anyone to bargain with. However after ep. 15 he had and especially after ep. 16, tho I can accept that he is or was under ASD and his judgement was clouded, but after that he could've recuperate and ep. 18 dialogue could've been shorten to implement other important story bits. :)

@Jagd84 His emotional breakdown when he was lying in Emilia's lap said how weak he is and how he needs to rely on others for help in order to resolve the problems that he's facing, and that's what's recurring from ep. 15.
I think you're missing my point, or we're both misinterpreting what we're trying to say, to put it simply, Subaru had a conclusion that he needs to rely on others and the same thing happened in ep. 18, with an exception that he might've need to be reaffirmed that he's not alone and that he has help.
And I'm putting an stop to this discussion because we'll run in circles and there's no need for that.
Aug 7, 2016 5:39 PM

Mar 2010
Paul said:

I agree that is unlikely that Sword Saint would have fled, but it certainly wouldn't be for those reasons at least. That guy was just throwing ideas out there. Not confirming anything. I'm not join in the speculation myself of course I know the answer, but want to make at least clear that this actually intentional.
Aug 7, 2016 5:45 PM

Mar 2010
zal said:
I am not looking for faults here but discussing against the praise the show gets for being realistic, especially Subaru. Not being realistic is not a flaw. Do you think Subaru is realistic?

You haven't proved why he's reactions isn't realistic, at least in that moment or in general, because you don't have sufficient support to do so. You can only speak on your feelings and agree and to disagree who aren't on your side at this point then. So there no point pushing this argument.
Aug 7, 2016 5:45 PM

Oct 2014
Raven_Wingz said:
Oh, yeah somehow Crusch didn't know Sub was lying about his magical flip phone, I guess the wind fails sometimes. Maybe he farted and broke it.

or maybe, Subaru using the phone as an 'Alarm' doesn't count as lie when he told her he uses it to find la whale?
Aug 7, 2016 5:46 PM

Jul 2011
Only took 19 episodes lol.

Let's take down that whale!
Aug 7, 2016 5:46 PM
Jul 2016
zal said:
Jagd84 said:

*sigh*

It seems you're gonna still make can objective claim on something you know nothing about, instead just admitting it dropping the subject. You're talking from your own preferences and not any experience so you can say what is realistic or not. You can state if you liked it, but beyond that us just hollow ignorance that any professional would who studies these fields. I'm no expert either, but I have enough common sense act like I know, and just feelings on matter. Certainly avoid absolute terms like realistic. You're looks for faults regardless if the make sense or not.

I think he is realistic!
Aug 7, 2016 5:47 PM

Nov 2013
There are people who hate this anime so much and yet they keep watching it and they keep coming here, episode after episode, to rant endlessly about all the supposed flaws it has, they try so much to make it seem like a bad anime, i get that not everyone has to like it, but going into every episode discussion, just to spread hate about an anime is retarded and pathetic. Anyway, this episode was great, they kinda ignored a little bit of dialog between Rem and Subaru, but I get it, the time constraints can be a pain in the ass. I LOVED the way the ringtone showed that sense of tension, of not knowing if the Whale was coming or not, the real deal will be next episode, this is still AOTS for me and possibly AOTY if it stays true to the light novel until the end.
Aug 7, 2016 5:47 PM

Oct 2015
Some people still doesn't know the meaning of episode 18 after watching this episode.
Aug 7, 2016 5:48 PM

Apr 2014
Some guys on reddit pointed out what was written in the huge tree.

Aug 7, 2016 5:48 PM
Jul 2015
So i had a question: Doesnt the whale erase existences of those he kills? If thats the case then how does Wilhelm remember his wife?
Thoughts?
Aug 7, 2016 5:53 PM

Nov 2013
Yupetro said:
So i had a question: Doesnt the whale erase existences of those he kills? If thats the case then how does Wilhelm remember his wife?
Thoughts?

LN reader here, it'll be explained in the coming eps, there's a reason for everything my friend :)
Aug 7, 2016 5:53 PM
Jul 2016
Yupetro said:
Thoughts?
Next episode will be explained ....or you could search some quote berofe
Aug 7, 2016 5:56 PM
Jun 2015
first 22 minutes : 3/10
last 2 minutes : 10/10
Aug 7, 2016 5:57 PM
Jun 2015
if Wilhelm's wife was eaten by the whale how does he remember her ?
Aug 7, 2016 5:57 PM
Jul 2015
Heitokun said:
Yupetro said:
Thoughts?

LN reader here, it'll be explained in the coming eps, there's a reason for everything my friend :)

hmm hmm looking forward to it!
Aug 7, 2016 5:58 PM

Sep 2011
a breath of fresh air episode. I'm hyped for the battle
And again felt like it went by in 5 minutes xD
Aug 7, 2016 5:58 PM

May 2015
Jagd84 said:
zal said:

You haven't proved why he's reactions isn't realistic, at least in that moment or in general, because you don't have sufficient support to do so. You can only speak on your feelings and agree and to disagree who aren't on your side at this point then. So there no point pushing this argument.
Because the fact that the origin of everything (time resets) not being realistic is not enough as proof? If the cause is not realistic how can the consequence be realistic?
Buck_Wade said:
zal said:

I think he is realistic!
Ok.
Aug 7, 2016 6:05 PM

Feb 2014
What an awesome episode. Subaru seems to be going on the right path now and has become a new man, we're proud of you Subaru!

And man, the build up with the whale was epic. I loved how they set up the atmosphere of how everyone in that town had some deep grudges with the whale. And the build up to the moment of the whale's reveal was awesome! That ringtone was the right touch.

And Rem is still da best.

Smudy said:
From Reddit:

''According to Tappei's twitter(the author), the staff put a lot of effort into the ringtone. They argued a lot about the choice of ringtone before deciding which one to use.
They even went to search for a handphone model similar to Subaru's, composed the ringtone melody on it, then brought the phone to the studio and recorded the ringtone by placing it at the mic, then finally put it in the episode.''

Wow, I love the amount of detail they put in this show! They worked very hard on the music in general.
Aug 7, 2016 6:05 PM

May 2016
How did Subaru have the mining rights?.. Did I miss something..
Aug 7, 2016 6:07 PM

Sep 2013
-The negotiations was a bit rushed but I'm fine with that. I don't want to watch them sit there for a long time haha.

-Glad to see Subaru not be in despair mode for now. With last episode, other than the ship sailing for Rem, people won't give him too much shit anymore. He recognizes he's next to worthless in this world and he isn't very smart. However he will use the information he gains from his past lives to his advantage. So people bitching about him being weak or stupid, Subaru agrees with you. Now we can move on and see what he does next.

-Mimi is so adorable. Can't wait to see what she can do.

-Crusch looks badass in her armor, I also can't wait to see her fight. Out of all the candidates, she is by far the coolest on looks alone.

-Rem is awesome and so is that Ground Dragon.

-Glad to see other characters get their moment in the spotlight like Willhelm. Very interested in this character and his family.

Well, this is more of the calm before the storm episode, but the all out war against the White Whale is finally here. Depending on how quickly this battle goes, we may even see part of Volume 8. I'm pretty sure they're not gonna spend 4+ episodes on the whale alone so I'm stoked to see some of volume 8 being adapted.

Aug 7, 2016 6:09 PM

Aug 2012
Shrimperor said:
Raven_Wingz said:

or maybe, Subaru using the phone as an 'Alarm' doesn't count as lie when he told her he uses it to find la whale?

There was a flashback that showed Subaru drop it open when the whale appeared and it showed the time. The phone would show the time it would appear.

I guess Crusch had a hard time believing him because he half lied. The phone would tell him when but not where. Only he knew that.
Aug 7, 2016 6:09 PM

Feb 2014
Heitokun said:
Anyway, this episode was great, they kinda ignored a little bit of dialog between Rem and Subaru, but I get it, the time constraints can be a pain in the ass.

I'm just curious, what were some of the things they cut out? Was the dialog vital in any way?
Aug 7, 2016 6:15 PM
Jul 2016
Big no Huge Question, so...
Why , I do no some guys, when finish the episode and you have a lot of question and then you go here to the forum
Why dont you SEARCH the Answer that you are looking for? We have Now 8 Pages of Quote , I bet that in the Fiirst 3 Pages your question is answer I bet
It costs a lot to read ?
....It Kind annoys you know ?...I see a lot of question about the whale and the wife of that old guy... the answer is in first page go there search... and we are in the page 8 or 9 wtever....I already saw maybe 10 or more ....so this normally end's up in page 35 less or more wtever...Im already imagine :O,
Dont take this way to serious just came Vent,

So yeah eventually I will Answer or Other so yeah...
Killerb96Aug 7, 2016 6:21 PM
Aug 7, 2016 6:19 PM

Jan 2013
A lot of the complaints seem like they all forgot what happened last week. This episode felt really fast. Great how he united Anastasia's and Crusch's companies. Rem continues to be the waifu Subaru doesn't deserve. The ringtone usage at the end was ingenious and made the White Whale's appearance much more creepy.

What I love about this episode the most is Subaru and Rem getting first blood with the whale and Crusch signaling the companies to follow the "2 fools" into battle.

Aug 7, 2016 6:20 PM

Aug 2013
I like Crusch more than Emilia or Rem tbh

anyway, this episode is great, esp the ending hhhhnnnggg
Aug 7, 2016 6:22 PM
Jul 2018
Soufou27 said:
first 22 minutes : 3/10
last 2 minutes : 10/10

10/10 for the arguments you put into that.

Your point will be considered invalid unless you care to explain why you think so.
Aug 7, 2016 6:25 PM

Feb 2011
This episode was amazing, though it passed by waaay too fast. I felt like it lasted only a minute or two. I like how Subaru has changed and become a stronger person. Also, he's learned to negotiate instead of wallowing in his own despair and screaming for help. Rem and Subaru have gotten closer. I really like how the dragon, which is supposed to be extremely prideful, had an instant connection with Subaru because they had met in one of Subaru's "past lives". That was interesting.

The end of the episode made me really excited for the battle. However, at first, I was worried that the white whale wouldn't exactly show up and everybody would turn on Subaru. I'm glad with how the episode ended!
Aug 7, 2016 6:28 PM
Feb 2016
Buck_Wade said:
J1m1s said:

One whole episode of him realizing how shitty person he is and deciding to change wasn't enough development for you ? You are free to hate but at least try using some valid points...

Don't even try. I have, and people are just desperate as hell to criticize. It's one thing to argue about pacing in story, but this?

These threads have turned into one giant bait-fest
Aug 7, 2016 6:31 PM

Jun 2014
About halfway through the episode when the 2 royal families were gathering people to fight, i started to fear "uh oh what if the white whale doesnt appear this time loop... then all those people are gonna be pissed and Subaru's ass will over the fire..." So im glad it did finally show up at the end of Subaru's cutesy ringtone.
Aug 7, 2016 6:32 PM
Feb 2016
Killer96bee said:
LordGreenWolf said:
Is it just me or has episodes 1-18 just been in sense a giant prologue to an even bigger story. It feels like everything thus far has just been a setup for Subaru getting grounded and now he is finally ready to do stuff.

This is what should know

This Story is way but way too big xD

From what I Heard xD

They in the Begining had to cut a lot of stuff not in anime, but in the WN , Imagine that they write 250 000 ,the Company it self Cut off, 250 000 to like 170 000 (Numbers not real)....and they adapted all this ,to the Final Episode that will be Completely Shock.I know what will happen so yeah no shock for me:)

In my opinion, What Happen in this episode should happen earlier, in the Mansion Arc ( the Dog Bite ) It was just too big for me,but I think the Author made that on Purpose so yeah...

I'm not sure how big it is now since it's still being worked on, but I heard that thus far the WN size is equal to 3x the entire harry potter book series e.e
Aug 7, 2016 6:36 PM
Sep 2012
Necromia said:
Shrimperor said:

There was a flashback that showed Subaru drop it open when the whale appeared and it showed the time. The phone would show the time it would appear.

I guess Crusch had a hard time believing him because he half lied. The phone would tell him when but not where. Only he knew that.

Technically, he also knows where. I mean, when he was riding on the carriage with Otto in the previous loop, he noticed the flugel tree off in the distance and the White Whale happened to be around that area as they were trotting along.
Aug 7, 2016 6:39 PM

Mar 2014
Bullshit after bullshit. I guess I should've expected that.
Aug 7, 2016 6:42 PM
Jul 2018
EdHaku said:

Arguments 10/10

Care to explain?
Aug 7, 2016 6:43 PM
Aug 2016
ibraheem234 said:
HoboInYourAttic said:

It's quite plausible that the phone still has battery left in it considering how many times we have seen him use it assuming he had it off when not using it.

Leave the plot hole alone their can be many theories to explain this,,,,,,,
Maybe his phone was solar powered

yea yea just like in No Game No Life lol
Aug 7, 2016 6:46 PM
Jul 2018
HoboInYourAttic said:
ibraheem234 said:

Leave the plot hole alone their can be many theories to explain this,,,,,,,
Maybe his phone was solar powered

Try it. Take a flip phone that is at least somewhat charged. Don't use it for a month or so.

It should still have battery.

( No Game No Life is just plain retarded even though I LOVE that anime. )
Aug 7, 2016 6:46 PM

Aug 2012
Linkmstr said:
Necromia said:

Technically, he also knows where. I mean, when he was riding on the carriage with Otto in the previous loop, he noticed the flugel tree off in the distance and the White Whale happened to be around that area as they were trotting along.

Of course he knows where.. His phone doesn't so he still lied about his phone revealing where.
Aug 7, 2016 6:47 PM

Jan 2013
EdHaku said:

Drop it now then. It will make you happier ! 100% Guaranteed !
Aug 7, 2016 6:49 PM

Jul 2013
FINALLY. Looks like Subaru has finally matured and has learned how to continue to make the most of his Return By Death ability.

The ringtone with the whale coming towards them was pretty haunting actually. Reminded me a little bit of Ace Attorney.
Aug 7, 2016 6:49 PM
Jul 2016
Heitokun said:
There are people who hate this anime so much and yet they keep watching it and they keep coming here, episode after episode, to rant endlessly about all the supposed flaws it has, they try so much to make it seem like a bad anime, i get that not everyone has to like it, but going into every episode discussion, just to spread hate about an anime is retarded and pathetic. Anyway, this episode was great, they kinda ignored a little bit of dialog between Rem and Subaru, but I get it, the time constraints can be a pain in the ass. I LOVED the way the ringtone showed that sense of tension, of not knowing if the Whale was coming or not, the real deal will be next episode, this is still AOTS for me and possibly AOTY if it stays true to the light novel until the end.

Seriously. Don't watch something if you don't want to unless you gotta review it or something.
Aug 7, 2016 6:50 PM
Jul 2016
IzayoiSk said:
EdHaku said:

Drop it now then. It will make you happier ! 100% Guaranteed !

I second this, mate!
Jul 2016
AmejiHunter said:
HoboInYourAttic said:

Try it. Take a flip phone that is at least somewhat charged. Don't use it for a month or so.

It should still have battery.

( No Game No Life is just plain retarded even though I LOVE that anime. )

You are one of the few people I've met who say that they think something sucks but still love it. Fascinating.
Jul 2016
afatdonkey said:
Killer96bee said:

This is what should know

This Story is way but way too big xD

From what I Heard xD

They in the Begining had to cut a lot of stuff not in anime, but in the WN , Imagine that they write 250 000 ,the Company it self Cut off, 250 000 to like 170 000 (Numbers not real)....and they adapted all this ,to the Final Episode that will be Completely Shock.I know what will happen so yeah no shock for me:)

In my opinion, What Happen in this episode should happen earlier, in the Mansion Arc ( the Dog Bite ) It was just too big for me,but I think the Author made that on Purpose so yeah...

I'm not sure how big it is now since it's still being worked on, but I heard that thus far the WN size is equal to 3x the entire harry potter book series e.e

All this 25 episodes will Cover like 15 % of the All Story that what some say.... and the Anime itself is Catching the LN so the next season will take to long to show up ...unless they did this...like for 2 weeks 1 episode that would be coll xD
Aug 7, 2016 6:51 PM
Sep 2012
Necromia said:
Linkmstr said:

Of course he knows where.. His phone doesn't so he still lied about his phone revealing where.

Oh wait, I probably misread what you typed. I thought you mentioned that he only knew what time the White Whale would occur and that he still doesn't know where. Sorry about that.
Aug 7, 2016 6:51 PM
May 2016
I cant remember last time an anime make me feel so happy, i was like ''OOOOOOOH YEAH, FINALLY'' when Crusch close the deal. Finally story can go foward.

Im the only one that was thinking that the whale wasnt going to show up? i was scared as hell!

And yes, Rem best girl. I dont understand why i still prefer Emilia.
Aug 7, 2016 6:53 PM

Jan 2011
Subaru sure as hell got a insane boost of confidence this week look at him using all those deaths to play all the right cards. with everything working out for once i couldn't not help but think what if it doesn't show up?..
Pages (18) « First ... « 6 7 [8] 9 10 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 10, 2016

2078 by NicoIsCool »»
Yesterday, 1:53 PM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 31, 2016

1835 by Pruzkumak »»
Sep 24, 12:54 PM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 10, 2016

513 by ionelHeredia »»
Sep 23, 8:27 PM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 14, 2016

793 by cibertopia »»
Sep 21, 9:35 PM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 21, 2016

767 by OverThedge_32 »»
Sep 19, 1:07 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.