Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Re:ZERO -Starting Life in Another World- (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (18) « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 9 » ... Last »
Aug 7, 2016 4:03 PM

Sep 2011
Keep your off-topic chat regarding other shows off this episode thread, please. This is not for you to shitpost about "You rated X lower or X higher".
Aug 7, 2016 4:05 PM

Jan 2008
Killer96bee said:
Paul said:

The question is why do those survivors still remember people from their last encounter? Such as Wilhelm and everyone else still remembering his wife despite her being 'killed' by it, unlike the time where Rem died and everyone but Subaru forgets her.

No «, She Could be Injured for example...then die, so...

Seems unlikely that a 'master swordsman' would flee from battle let alone the whale letting her escape. Unless the anime decides to go into explanation or someone can actually explain it via source from the LN, it'll stay a plothole in my eyes.
Aug 7, 2016 4:06 PM
Jun 2016
Paul said:
Killer96bee said:

Seems unlikely that a 'master swordsman' would flee from battle let alone the whale letting her escape. Unless the anime decides to go into explanation or someone can actually explain it via source from the LN, it'll stay a plothole in my eyes.

It'll go into the reasoning behind it in the next couple episodes. I believe the episode after the next.
Aug 7, 2016 4:07 PM
Jul 2016
Paul said:
Killer96bee said:

Actually that is xD , but not in anime just on LN , They tell the story of her wife..
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Mar 2010
zal said:
juicykitten95 said:

i threw realism out of the window lel (just us plebeian things) and the situation is not too convenient that its hard to tolerate (there is always some convenience in fictional world so deal with it)

you would have much more fun watching this if you could drop that psychology book
Sure convenience is present in fiction but it is not good when it is so blatant. The pink candidate just tricked him and gave him the instruction of how to do things in the next time reset. Sure, she didn't know he can go back in time but still had not reasonable motive to tell him anything. It is fine but then fanboys shouldn't praise it for realism and that is so much better than battle shounens because what happens here is the contrary of realism and exactly how things happen in most battle shounens. I have no psychology book but you know people continuously praised Subaru for being a realistic character and what I saw is completely different.
Buck_Wade said:

How was the mood swing cheap? The character was exhausted at that point, so of course he just spewed everything out in an attempt to run away with Rem.
Then Rem comforts him and Subaru heals...
Jagd84 said:

..Were not watching the same thing. That's not even going into your naive surface level knowledge about depression. Hint: it's duration and recovery among factors is different for everyone depending on circumstances.

Oh clue you in something about life, people constantly cycle into different emotional states depending what they are doing. Nobody is static or unaffected by what happens to them just they got through one problem. Subaru won't fall into anywhere near same degree of depression as Arc 3, but it wont' he ever be weary from time to time, because that just not how people work.
I might not know much about depression but overcoming it so quickly doesn't seem believable to me after how much emphasis they put on it and its monstrosity. Everything gone in an hour after a nice chat which is also repetitive. That is the way Subaru works, have you forgotten about the last time he was on a breakdown how he easily overcome it with a nap on Emilia's knees? He recovers and becomes the hero everyone wants.

So... in otherwords you don't know what you're talking about but are still generalizing exaggerating things just suit your point? Duty noted!

You're arguing for sake of arguing at this point. Don't contest things you don't know about. Besides Subaru didn't get over anything quickly, he talked about his issues with the one person he wanted to and, cried himself to sleep for couple hours. He felt better having let out his stress because there was someone at least willing to listen to his woes without asking questions.
Iron_MawAug 7, 2016 4:14 PM
May 2016
Snappynator said:
Well definitely a better episode than the previous ones, though Subaru's personality change is pretty awkward but still much better than the edgelord from before. That ending tho...had no idea the Whale could also fly lol.

When was he ever an edgelord though?
Aug 7, 2016 4:08 PM
Feb 2016
I really loved the ringtone used at the end. Just the time it was placed in, especially when everything else became silent and the screen even started flickering..ugh, it was perfect for the ominous atmosphere the whale was giving. Super excited for next episode! Hopefully the raid group doesn't wipe :P
Aug 7, 2016 4:11 PM
Jul 2016
Koyomo said:
Snappynator said:
Well definitely a better episode than the previous ones, though Subaru's personality change is pretty awkward but still much better than the edgelord from before. That ending tho...had no idea the Whale could also fly lol.

Apparently two episodes of extreme suffering (15 & 17)=Edgy
...I don't know how peoples' mind works.
Aug 7, 2016 4:14 PM

May 2015
Jagd84 said:
zal said:
Sure convenience is present in fiction but it is not good when it is so blatant. The pink candidate just tricked him and gave him the instruction of how to do things in the next time reset. Sure, she didn't know he can go back in time but still had not reasonable motive to tell him anything. It is fine but then fanboys shouldn't praise it for realism and that is so much better than battle shounens because what happens here is the contrary of realism and exactly how things happen in most battle shounens. I have no psychology book but you know people continuously praised Subaru for being a realistic character and what I saw is completely different.
Then Rem comforts him and Subaru heals...
I might not know much about depression but overcoming it so quickly doesn't seem believable to me after how much emphasis they put on it and its monstrosity. Everything gone in an hour after a nice chat which is also repetitive. That is the way Subaru works, have you forgotten about the last time he was on a breakdown how he easily overcome it with a nap on Emilia's knees? He recovers and becomes the hero everyone wants.

So.. in otherwords you don't know what you're talking about but are still generalizing exaggerating things just suit your point? Duty noted!

You're arguing for sake of arguing at this point. Don't contest things you don't know about.
No, I am just repeating what I already said. It is not believable to me. I might not be a doctor but after watching the show and seeing so much emphasis and focus put on his mental having it go away so easily is disappointing. Also what he is going through is not depression.
Buck_Wade said:
Koyomo said:

Apparently two episodes of extreme suffering (15 & 17)=Edgy
...I don't know how peoples' mind works.
How about ep 1-19? Only in some of them he didn't suffer. Is having Subaru suffering in most of the episodes enough to call it edgy?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 7, 2016 4:17 PM
Jul 2016
zal said:
Jagd84 said:

So.. in otherwords you don't know what you're talking about but are still generalizing exaggerating things just suit your point? Duty noted!

You're arguing for sake of arguing at this point. Don't contest things you don't know about.
No, I am just repeating what I already said. It is not believable to me. I might not be a doctor but after watching the show and seeing so much emphasis and focus put on his mental having it go away so easily is disappointing. Also what he is going through is not depression.

The reason the character had broke was because he was sick of suffering since ep 15, failing over and over again, and thus, thought that he was absolute garbage. Rem reminded him of who he was and how he'd forgotten an important side to himself, thus, helped him up from stress.
And how would nearly an entire episode of therapy be so short?
Aug 7, 2016 4:17 PM

Apr 2016
Another Re:Zero thread turning into a battle between its lovers and its haters but I guess this is the thing of popular shows.
Aug 7, 2016 4:18 PM

May 2015
Buck_Wade said:
zal said:

The reason the character had broke was because he was sick of suffering since ep 15, failing over and over again, and thus, thought that he was absolute garbage. Rem reminded him of who he was and how he'd forgotten an important side to himself, thus, helped him up from stress.
Another user somewhere else proposed a PTSD perspective which seems more reasonable than depression.
Aug 7, 2016 4:18 PM
Jul 2016
Intense_ said:
Another Re:Zero thread turning into a battle between its lovers and its haters but I guess this is the thing of popular shows.

The war shall not end, until one side dies!
Aug 7, 2016 4:20 PM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
zal said:
Buck_Wade said:

Another user somewhere else proposed a PTSD perspective which seems more reasonable than depression.

PTSD is what i'm thinking definitely.
Aug 7, 2016 4:20 PM

Mar 2010
Paul said:
Jagd84 said:

These are survivors from the from last White Whale subjugation that didn't get erased or killed.

The question is why do those survivors still remember people from their last encounter? Such as Wilhelm and everyone else still remembering his wife despite her being 'killed' by it, unlike the time where Rem died and everyone but Subaru forgets her.

Because killed=!erased

Listen to Crusch's speech again. They don't remember those who were erased, but they have known about the White Whale's abilities for centuries since some records and evidence are left under certain conditions. There are others like previous Sword Saint who likely just killed either by being crushed by it.
Aug 7, 2016 4:23 PM

Jul 2015
I'll just leave this here for my fellow Crusch fans

Aug 7, 2016 4:28 PM
Jul 2016
zal said:
Buck_Wade said:

Okaaaay, now we're starting to get into territory that I'm a bit less familiar with. Someone tell Matpat from Film Theory to make an ep that analysis's Subaru's psyche.
Aug 7, 2016 4:29 PM

Mar 2010
ouriel said:

Wasn't that already established back in Arc 2, that he's weak and needs help from others in order to achieve his goals? What is the point of repeating the same exact thing and coming to the very same conclusion we, as the audience, and, Subaru as a character already have concluded during an earlier Act?

Not at all. The point of Arc 2 was that Subaru shouldn't take everything at face value and there more going on then what he knew was happening. He understood that the Twins weren't inherently bad people when they comforted him in 4th loop despite what Rem did in 3rd loop.
Aug 7, 2016 4:31 PM

Nov 2014
zal said:
Buck_Wade said:

He's being in an acute stress reaction (or acute stress disorder) and those types of stresses don't last very long, lasting between a couple of days to a month, tho it is possible to develop a PTSD through ASD, but it's not the same as PTSD and that's the reason why Subaru was able to snap out of it.

Edit; @Jagd84 It's not about knowing that the Rem and Ram are not bad people or a potential threat, it's about him recognising that he's not powerful and needs help from the others in order to achieve his goals, which he learned that in Arc 2, so, Arc 3 events are repetition of him, again, saying that he's weak and needs help from others, which was already concluded in Arc 2, only this time, it was Rem that was comforting and listening him and giving him a push, same as in Arc 2 with Emilia.
ourielAug 7, 2016 4:37 PM
Aug 7, 2016 4:34 PM

Jan 2013
Holy shit I got scared thinking it wouldn't show up. Though if it didn't i would've been positive that the creator is a sadistic mofo that likes torturing peoples heart.

Jan 2013
Can we stop arguing over a freaking realism in a japanese cartoon

also the reason subaru went from 0-100 in one ep is cuz writer needs to give us hope so he can drop an even larger bomb next time , and y Subaru is not a realistic character as well but who gives a crap

from reddit:
According to Tappei's twitter(the author), the staff put a lot of effort into the ringtone. They argued a lot about the choice of ringtone before deciding which one to use.
They even went to search for a handphone model similar to Subaru's, composed the ringtone melody on it, then brought the phone to the studio and recorded the ringtone by placing it at the mic, then finally put it in the episode.

see there is so much more to talk about instead of fucking realism

Aug 2015
leezodne said:
anyway, i forgot to post mitrospeed sensei's thoughts (just in-case people hadn't read it yet)

You don't have to do that here. He can do it himself.
"Vaut mieux se suffire à soi que finir assoiffé dans le monde des apparences."

Aug 7, 2016 4:41 PM
Jul 2018
Buck_Wade said:
Intense_ said:

But cancer is incurable, I heard; it's undying. (No offense intended to the more reasonable haters.)
Aug 7, 2016 4:42 PM

Jul 2016
Tony_SansNom said:
leezodne said:
anyway, i forgot to post mitrospeed sensei's thoughts (just in-case people hadn't read it yet)

wait what, he's here?!
I only quoted him 'cause I'm pretty sure he's only on disqus, and I wanted people on MAL to read his input.

"If beautiful women don’t celebrate their beauty, the entire human race loses out. Don’t you agree?”—Sonya

ƒ ♥♥
Aug 7, 2016 4:43 PM
Aug 2015
JkayW said:
Forced unrealistic development, if you'd even call it that, of Subaru.

Last episode he's crying about how he's a useless sack of shit that can't do anything and is a complete dumbass, next episode he outsmarts two political leaders in bargaining from little deductive skills that he CLEARLY did not care or couldn't even pay attention to because, remember guys, he was soo crazay and traumatised. He fearlessly charges headfirst into battle as well, unlike all the other TRAINED SOILDERS, and not fearing his death like he was constantly in the last loop.

So literally a 10 MINUTE DIALOGUE EXCHANGE LAST EPISODE BREAKS THE GUY OUT OF SUPPOSED FEAR, DEPRESSION, SELF DEPRICATION, GUILT AND TRAUMA. Great! So now he's just a cringy unbeatable character due to his time loops never going bad in the end.

Also the episode was just plain boring and extremely dragged out.

I couldn't give any less of a fuck about MUH revenge old guy because they never made me care for his character in the 6 episodes he was there.

2/5 needs more beetlejuice eyeball licking twister.

well said ,maybe we both just getting 2old for this )
Aug 7, 2016 4:43 PM

Jan 2013
Aahil said:
Holy shit I got scared thinking it wouldn't show up. Though if it didn't i would've been positive that the creator is a sadistic mofo that likes torturing peoples heart.

the author is a sadist, he just gave us little hope so he can crush it later
Aug 7, 2016 4:47 PM

Apr 2016
Buck_Wade said:
Intense_ said:

Yeah but you know it's kinda has become obnoxius in some sense.I mean everysingle Re:zero thread whether it's positive or negative or even suggestion ones people simply can't say yes I suggest or no I wouldn't suggest... instead they have to argue until they start to trash talk about each others tastes because one of them watched X series the other haven't.

Don't get me wrong people can say whatever they want to it's certainly not my business but I watch anime to relieve my stress and wanna discuss about the episodes of course we will discuss its flaws too but what I get with 99% of these threads.Arguing.More and more arguing with absolutely no conclusion.People who say it's shit remain the same and won't agree on any point and poeple who try to defend it is left with their salt.
Aug 7, 2016 4:49 PM
Jul 2018
@ouriel

He's not fully accepted it. And at the time, he wanted to improve his own opinion about himself, after his separation from Emilia. And he didn't expect the problem to be so much above what he could handle. He should've felt confident after successfully dealing with the village issue. And he wasn't certain that he could get help--he hadn't what to bargain with.
Aug 7, 2016 4:50 PM

Mar 2010
Paul said:

Who said she fled or anything? To begin with the White Whale is just a monster that attacks mainly on instinct, wouldn't care or distinguish one human from another so this logic doesn't follow. And plot holes don't work like that nor would there be on this obvious. The point you supposed to theory on this not look for an excuse to shut you brain off.

And if really want to know, yes there is an explanation one you could have easily guessed if waited a bit more or thought about it.

zal said:
]No, I am just repeating what I already said. It is not believable to me. I might not be a doctor but after watching the show and seeing so much emphasis and focus put on his mental having it go away so easily is disappointing. Also what he is going through is not depression.

And I'm saying you have no real basis to say this and you're over complicating something that was easily understood to find a flaw in it when your no position to say otherwise.

It doesn't matter what you're opinion is, but in reality how somebody handles depression depends on person so not unrealistic for Subaru to recover like he did. What he needed was somebody to confide in hear him out because he had hiding his pain from everyone all that time.

Yes, don't have like it, but that different claiming it is unrealistic, because wit the later you're speaking objectively.
Aug 7, 2016 4:50 PM
Jul 2016
Intense_ said:
Buck_Wade said:

Yeah but you know it's kinda has become obnoxius in some sense.I mean everysingle Re:zero thread whether it's positive or negative or even suggestion ones people simply can't say yes I suggest or no I wouldn't suggest... instead they have to argue until they start to trash talk about each others tastes because one of them watched X series the other haven't.

Don't get me wrong people can say whatever they want to it's certainly not my business but I watch anime to relieve my stress and wanna discuss about the episodes of course we will discuss its flaws too but what I get with 99% of these threads.Arguing.More and more arguing with absolutely no conclusion.People who say it's shit remain the same and won't agree on any point and poeple who try to defend it is left with their salt.

Oooooh yeah. No point in trying to end a debate on the internet. Here we're all stubborn assholes that won't let the author party win. I completely understand your frustration, especially with how niche anime is (depending on where you live). Well, why not start with me. What you wanna talk about from this ep?
Aug 7, 2016 4:52 PM
Jul 2018
Dyavol said:
JkayW said:

Last episode he's crying about how he's a useless sack of shit that can't do anything and is a complete dumbass, next episode he outsmarts two political leaders in bargaining from little deductive skills that he CLEARLY did not care or couldn't even pay attention to because, remember guys, he was soo crazay and traumatised. He fearlessly charges headfirst into battle as well, unlike all the other TRAINED SOILDERS, and not fearing his death like he was constantly in the last loop.

So literally a 10 MINUTE DIALOGUE EXCHANGE LAST EPISODE BREAKS THE GUY OUT OF SUPPOSED FEAR, DEPRESSION, SELF DEPRICATION, GUILT AND TRAUMA. Great! So now he's just a cringy unbeatable character due to his time loops never going bad in the end.

I couldn't give any less of a fuck about MUH revenge old guy because they never made me care for his character in the 6 episodes he was there.

If you only knew how much just talking can help some people. And when I say help, I mean help them A LOT.

Source : Myself/Personal Experience.
Aug 7, 2016 4:53 PM

Jan 2016
@Paul The whale kills and can erase someone existance. I am told by LN we will find out the details of his erase ability next ep
Aug 7, 2016 4:55 PM
Jul 2016
AmejiHunter said:
Dyavol said:

If you only knew how much just talking can help some people. And when I say help, I mean help them A LOT.

From my understanding, 90% of the people on the internet know jack about how emotions work.

Aug 2012
After all his failures and frustration he's finally using all the knowledge he's acquired from past Re's to save Emilia. He negotiated way better then I expected.

I'm still confused as to why some people aren't forgetting who the white whale kills. Does eating people mean they're forgotten and being smashed by it means they aren't forgotten?

The ringtone got really creepy quick.

Jun 2013
he striked a deal and rem is being jealous of a ground dragon lol
Aug 7, 2016 4:58 PM

Mar 2010
ouriel said:

Edit; @Jagd84 It's not about knowing that the Rem and Ram are not bad people or a potential threat, it's about him recognising that he's not powerful and needs help from the others in order to achieve his goals, which he learned that in Arc 2, so, Arc 3 events are repetition of him, again, saying that he's weak and needs help from others, which was already concluded in Arc 2, only this time, it was Rem that was comforting and listening him and giving him a push, same as in Arc 2 with Emilia.

Again that is not what arc was about at all. Never did he once talk about weakness or asking twins for help. It was about seeing the perspective of others. I don't know where you got the other stuff from, but you're exploiting from fact he got depressed and not what he was depressed about. The conflict was him dealing with Rem betrayal and fact his bonds with people are destroyed each time he resets leading them to mistrust him. Hence why solution was to gain their trust. Being stronger would done jack to help to explain why he had the Witch's miasma or prove he wasn't part of the cult.

Go back and watch ep 6-11 again to refresh you memory.

You can't equate two different situations just because one or two similar things happened. Context is important.
Iron_MawAug 7, 2016 5:18 PM
Aug 7, 2016 5:04 PM

Mar 2015
Great episode.

Was a great set-up for the events to come Crusch is a great character, I'm glad she's getting screen time. I wonder if he'll die this time, if he does it might just get repetitive but we'll see.

5/5
"Please call me... The Ultimate Hope."
Aug 7, 2016 5:07 PM

Aug 2012
JkayW said:

I found it funny when you said it was "literally 10 minutes of dialog exchange." when the anime was extended and was dialog the entire episode.
Aug 7, 2016 5:10 PM

Jan 2015
Imagine if the whale never showed up and subaru was made to look like a lier in front of EVERYONE.

Now THAT would've been really f*cked up and I would've felt very bad for him lol
KingTy25Aug 7, 2016 5:14 PM
Aug 7, 2016 5:14 PM

Jul 2013
Anastasia and Crusch <3

Heheh, Priscilla's left out xD (Felt too of course)

Lol @ Ground Dragon vs Rem xD

That ringtone scene yo.
Aug 7, 2016 5:15 PM
Aug 2015
Buck_Wade said:
AmejiHunter said:

From my understanding, 90% of the people on the internet know jack about how emotions work.

my opinion: it depends from person to person how u react and how long u need to recover ,but just talking in his situation makes him suddenly a recovered smartass ?I would need far more than this talk to be like so..on other hand,this is an anime,so everythings possible,so basically u can never tell HOW emotions in anime work since this aint rl ..
My point is,I cant help to like Subaru Character.If u think about it, Kyoma from SteinsGate anime went through pretty much the same shyt as Subaru,but i think his character is far more likeable..Just everything about Subaru is annoying the fk outta me xD
Aug 7, 2016 5:18 PM

May 2015
Jagd84 said:
Paul said:

Who said she fled or anything? To begin with the White Whale is just a monster that attacks mainly on instinct, wouldn't care or distinguish one human from another so this logic doesn't follow. And plot holes don't work like that nor would there be on this obvious. The point you supposed to theory on this not look for an excuse to shut you brain off.

And if really want to know, yes there is an explanation one you could have easily guessed if waited a bit more or thought about it.

zal said:
]No, I am just repeating what I already said. It is not believable to me. I might not be a doctor but after watching the show and seeing so much emphasis and focus put on his mental having it go away so easily is disappointing. Also what he is going through is not depression.

And I'm saying you have no real basis to say this and you're over complicating something that was easily understood to find a flaw in it when your no position to say otherwise.

It doesn't matter what you're opinion is, but in reality how somebody handles depression depends on person so not unrealistic for Subaru to recover like he did. What he needed was somebody to confide in hear him out because he had hiding his pain from everyone all that time.

Yes, don't have like it, but that different claiming it is unrealistic, because wit the later you're speaking objectively.
However it can't be realistic. What he has been through is not realistic so what happens as consequence is unlikely realistic. The events and Subaru's character could be believable or plausible but I don't see how they are realistic. In reality you can't die repeatedly and go back in time. Subaru's character development (despite good or bad, liked or disliked) is just the author's imagination, speculation. It is not unrealistic just because it is fiction but because the context is not realistic and it doesn't really. Some parts are indeed quite realistic however the core concept of the show is not. When trying to discuss this issue some go like "Do you know how it feels to die repeatedly and see your friends forget about you? Poor Subaru" or something like that. No, I don't know what he is going through but neither do you nor the author simply because it is not something that we can experience because it is not something realistic.

I could see Subaru's condition as realistic if it was actually used as social commentary and got deeper into the issue but he didn't because that's not the point of the show. It is mere melodrama.
Aug 7, 2016 5:19 PM

Jul 2015
I didn't get how Subaru had the authority to make a deal using the mining rights. Did I miss something?

ps: Subaru from a complete mind broken state to a now sharp negotiator in one episode. Go figure.
Aug 7, 2016 5:22 PM

Jan 2013
eslej said:
I didn't get how Subaru had the authority to make a deal using the mining rights. Did I miss something?

ps: Subaru from a complete mind broken state to a now sharp negotiator in one episode. Go figure.

rem has the authority since roaswel (he knew that the cult would attack so rem was prepared to negotiate) is away
Aug 7, 2016 5:27 PM

Apr 2014
leezodne said:
Tony_SansNom said:

wait what, he's here?!
I only quoted him 'cause I'm pretty sure he's only on disqus, and I wanted people on MAL to read his input.

@Fappa someone's looking for you.

You can pretty much find him anywhere you can discuss re:zero. Reddit, Youtube, Disqus etc.
Aug 7, 2016 5:28 PM

Mar 2015
Oh, yeah somehow Crusch didn't know Sub was lying about his magical flip phone, I guess the wind fails sometimes. Maybe he farted and broke it.

Mar 2012
GOD DAMN this episode went by to fast....oh shit is about to get real.

I actually like that Subaru as a character has grown and unlike most protagonists they get op over time or some crazy power up bullshit...Subaru accepts his limitations and yet he realizes just because he is limited does not mean he can not be useful if given the right circumstances to max out his potential of what he actually can do.

Oh that Whale is so freakin creepy...i mean most fantasy anime have you like going after some kind of dragon...Demon..witch etc..as a enemy but going with a ghost whale is quite an orignal route to take.

Phew it is almost impossible for me to seen any other series that can top this one for AOTY for me...really i can't.
Jul 2016
Dyavol said:
Buck_Wade said:

my opinion: it depends from person to person how u react and how long u need to recover ,but just talking in his situation makes him suddenly a recovered smartass ?I would need far more than this talk to be like so..on other hand,this is an anime,so everythings possible,so basically u can never tell HOW emotions in anime work since this aint rl ..
My point is,I cant help to like Subaru Character.If u think about it, Kyoma from SteinsGate anime went through pretty much the same shyt as Subaru,but i think his character is far more likeable..Just everything about Subaru is annoying the fk outta me xD

What Okube went was quite different. He only saw one of his loved ones get killed. Only after going through the loop dozens of times did he start becoming numb.
Aug 7, 2016 5:29 PM
Jul 2016
eslej said:

About your ps : that is like you going on psychologist to Talk to let it all out.... your weight on your back just disappear with all that talk. ( psychologist Rem btw )
Aug 7, 2016 5:29 PM

Mar 2010
zal said:

]However it can't be realistic. What he has been through is not realistic so what happens as consequence is unlikely realistic. The events and Subaru's character could be believable or plausible but I don't see how they are realistic. In reality you can't die repeatedly and go back in time. Subaru's character development (despite good or bad, liked or disliked) is just the author's imagination, speculation. It is not unrealistic just because it is fiction but because the context is not realistic and it doesn't really. Some parts are indeed quite realistic however the core concept of the show is not. When trying to discuss this issue some go like "Do you know how it feels to die repeatedly and see your friends forget about you? Poor Subaru" or something like that. No, I don't know what he is going through but neither do you nor the author simply because it is not something that we can experience because it is not something realistic.

I could see Subaru's condition as realistic if it was actually used as social commentary and got deeper into the issue but he didn't because that's not the point of the show. It is mere melodrama.

*sigh*

It seems you're gonna still make can objective claim on something you know nothing about, instead just admitting it dropping the subject. You're talking from your own preferences and not any experience so you can say what is realistic or not. You can state if you liked it, but beyond that us just hollow ignorance that any professional would who studies these fields. I'm no expert either, but I have enough common sense act like I know, and just feelings on matter. Certainly avoid absolute terms like realistic. You're looks for faults regardless if the make sense or not.
Pages (18) « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 9 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 10, 2016

2078 by NicoIsCool »»
Yesterday, 1:53 PM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 31, 2016

1835 by Pruzkumak »»
Sep 24, 12:54 PM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 10, 2016

513 by ionelHeredia »»
Sep 23, 8:27 PM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 14, 2016

793 by cibertopia »»
Sep 21, 9:35 PM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 21, 2016

767 by OverThedge_32 »»
Sep 19, 1:07 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.