Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (20) « First ... « 9 10 [11] 12 13 » ... Last »
Jul 1, 2016 8:28 PM

Apr 2013
RIP IN PEACE

WE WILL NEVER GET A GOOD BERSERK ANIME
It is so dense. Every single image has so many things going on.
Jul 1, 2016 8:31 PM

Apr 2013

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL
It is so dense. Every single image has so many things going on.
Jul 1, 2016 8:31 PM

Jan 2016
is this a remake or continuation...
i havent watched hte previous beresrk..so should i watch this ?
Jul 1, 2016 8:33 PM

Jun 2007
I'm confused. Why do we need another retelling for this story? Why does it have to be in CGI? Why can't they just accept that the fans have been waiting years for a sequel. Nothing about this episode was good.
Jul 1, 2016 8:34 PM

Apr 2012
I can overlook art, it wasn't bad but didn't feel anywhere near as serious as the Golden Age arc adaptations.
Jul 1, 2016 8:35 PM

Apr 2015
Hydrous said:

Nope. Either read the manga or watch the 1997 anime first. This is a sequel to the 1997 anime.

http://myanimelist.net/anime/33/Berserk
Jul 1, 2016 8:40 PM

Aug 2014
The 3D still felt a bit stilt but it's not bad
I can ony thought of it as a video game but more animated?

Really cool rock n roll theme song, still doesnt feel
Original much but it's great~

The 3D on Guts looks a bit to stiff, Hope I get used to it.

This is kinda like Ajin all over again, I can't stop complain
the 3D, there still useful handdraw on some part, I hope
they bring out awesome parts to it.
https://twitter.com/LightningDash02
OTPs || MyAnimeList || MyMangaList || Favorite Guys || Favorite Girls || Favorite Anime

~LightningXDash02
Jul 1, 2016 8:43 PM

Dec 2015
Lennevalkyrie said:
Episode was fine, peoples expectations are just too high.

Your expectation are just too low.
Fellaini is God
Jul 1, 2016 8:46 PM

Feb 2015
Well, considering my abysmal expectations, this wasn't that bad. A fun watch, even if the CG looked like absolute horse-shit in some shots. Hopefully we'll get more focus on Guts's character in the coming episodes.
Jul 1, 2016 8:48 PM
Mar 2015
People are being WAY too easy on this. THE EPISODE WAS SHIT.
Jul 1, 2016 8:58 PM

Nov 2014
Hahaha these comments are great, obviously this adaption is terrible didn't you guys see the trailers :'D please do not watch this before reading the manga, it misrepresents the original content, portrays it in a terrible manor and no amount of good voice acting or decent music will fix that. If you want to genuinely enjoy the series read it first, then if you have time to waste watch this rubbish. :')
Jul 1, 2016 9:07 PM

Dec 2013
denimetteo said:
Its actually pretty good though the CGI looks a bit shit , i enjoyed it . Maybe people should be grateful that they are watching this for FREE ?
I have to agree with you on both parts. I honestly feel bad for the producers. Their money, time, and effort will be met with entitled petulance. I fail to see why people continue to compare it to the manga and become upset. Obviously it's not going to measure up and from the trailers everyone knew ahead of time what the CGI was going to look like. Going into it with hopes of the opposite is just foolish and only adds to the disappointment. Which, isn't very justified considering the inflated expectations.
Jul 1, 2016 9:08 PM

Nov 2013
Yeah..... so.... that happened.....

Jul 1, 2016 9:16 PM

Nov 2009
People really dropping and giving this anime a 1 score after the first episode

Reactionary much
Jul 1, 2016 9:32 PM
Jul 2007
Darkholow said:
Used SVP for 60fps interpolation made the CGI bearable.

Solid OST and OP/ED.

But damn they juggled with three arcs there. It seems they skipped the Black Swordsmen arc but we got a part of Lost Children arc..I dunno what to think about it.

Overall I found the episode good.

Using smooth motion in MadVR kind of helped. I don't think I could bear watching this ugly anime otherwise... based on what others of said, this is such a waste of good source material. And this would have been amazing with some solid ufotable animation or something. That girl's stone-faced CGI expression made me so agitated while watching... It kept going back and forth from drawn to CGI... ugh this is horrible as I expected form the previews. Deserves the low rating of 6/10 it already got on the first day for being the crappiest animation I've seen in a while. And Casca was white??? I'm done. Our only hope is another studio will pick up after this failure, which is a possibility but sucks we have to wait a while.
eraltergJul 1, 2016 9:36 PM
Jul 1, 2016 9:52 PM

Nov 2013
I guess Miura isn't the only one playing Idolm@ster instead of putting out quality Berserk content....
Jul 1, 2016 9:53 PM

Aug 2013
After almost two years without logging here even once, i had to just to express my tremendous disappointment

The animation is clunky, but was not the worst thing here. The sound design got quite weird at times mainly when Guts was wielding his sword among those ps1-looking skeletons - seriously, he sounded like someone kicking a trash can, not piercing through some fuckin' 'monsters', but i let it slide as the rest of the sound choices and the ost ranged from decent to pretty good.

My biggest issue was the directing: rushed and random as fuck, jumping from a scene to another with almost no proper development. And they're apparently skipping A LOT, although i'm gonna wait some more episodes to see how they will set up all of this mess.

I FUCKING LOVE the 90's adaptation. It's a pity this one, even if it gets ridiculously better further down the road, will not be remotely so good as that.
AstronomyDomineJul 1, 2016 9:59 PM
Jul 1, 2016 9:54 PM

Sep 2011
Tentaculat said:
Absolute garbage

Summed it up quite nicely.
Jul 1, 2016 9:58 PM
Apr 2016
Astros said:
denimetteo said:
Its actually pretty good though the CGI looks a bit shit , i enjoyed it . Maybe people should be grateful that they are watching this for FREE ?
I have to agree with you on both parts. I honestly feel bad for the producers. Their money, time, and effort will be met with entitled petulance. I fail to see why people continue to compare it to the manga and become upset. Obviously it's not going to measure up and from the trailers everyone knew ahead of time what the CGI was going to look like. Going into it with hopes of the opposite is just foolish and only adds to the disappointment. Which, isn't very justified considering the inflated expectations.

Glad you think the same way like i do , after checking the studio , it seems this studio isnt as big like other studios such as WIT who can have a lot of money to fund one anime . I believe this is must be one of their biggest project for that specific studio itself to create this since ( The rest of their anime arent really popular and not much potential ) , it takes a lot of time and effort to balance out the quality for each episode . Thats why they are using 2D Animation instead of Traditional Animation since its very expensive nowadays to make one episode . Can u imagine how much the fund cost to make one episode its minimum more than 40 - 100 thousand dollars including voice actors as well .

TerraFormas S2 is a different thing , thats what i called a shit trainwreck anime where the studio doesnt care any little detail shit like S1 and i wont even bother giving any single second of my time to watch that sh1t .

Im giving this Berserk a chance because no other studio bothered to make a sequel of this anime starting from the Black Swordman Arc . The studio save money i believe so that more episodes can be made since there are so much content in the manga to cover up and i heard they skipped some parts especially The Lost Children ARC . Im totally fine with that as long as i can see Guts showing his vengeance towards the retarded Griffith .

Not letting my hopes high for this anime because i dont want to see this ends up like Kabaneri where after episode 4 or 5 , it became a let down because of some shit character like Biba lol
immaluckezJul 1, 2016 10:02 PM
Jul 1, 2016 10:03 PM
Oct 2014
10/10 Amazing first episode.
Jul 1, 2016 10:04 PM

Aug 2013
And thinking that i imagined it'd be a very difficult feat to make this adaptation more disappointing and underachieving than that movie trilogy.

OH BOY, everything can invariably get worse
Jul 1, 2016 10:05 PM

Apr 2012
Consumed said:

Reactionary much

people who've done that don't deserve anime
Jul 1, 2016 10:08 PM

Nov 2010
the line shading in the anime is very distracting, it wouldn't be as bad if it weren't for all those pencil shaded lines! ////////////
Jul 1, 2016 10:10 PM

Aug 2013
Blackouting said:
Consumed said:

Reactionary much

people who've done that don't deserve anime

By taking into consideration the lack of quality the episode presented, i'd say your saying is actually the other way around: this anime doesn't deserve people to watch it haha

But i'll stick with it, at least for now. Nah, i'm probably gonna see it to the end
Jul 1, 2016 10:12 PM
Mar 2015
smilewolfy said:
maybe it's because I'm not a manga reader, but this anime didn't feel right to me. It kind of felt rushed and like it was lacking something.
Like it was all just a storyboard put into animation, not really putting any life into any of the scenes. That's just me though, not sure if it's meant to be like that though ._.

That's because they mixed and mashed three entirely different parts of the story into one episode.

Plus the directing was shit.
Jul 1, 2016 10:15 PM
Mar 2015
GoldenDevilGamer said:
It's not the best adaptation, but the first episode wasn't that bad at all. Yes, the CGI is pretty bad, maybe even worse than the recent teaser. But the voice acting, style, music, all was top-notch.

Cmon, even that's giving it too much credit. The voice acting was decent at best, the style was bombed by the animation, and the music was alright but edited horribly. This does not bode well.
Jul 1, 2016 10:15 PM
Mar 2015
Jirash said:
CGI looks awful and it's a bit different from manga, eh.

Understatement of the millennium there m8
Jul 1, 2016 10:17 PM
Mar 2015
Arse said:
Can't believe noone but myself is mentioning the zoom in. Am I the only weird one ? I felt claustrophobic throughout the whole episode. It amazes me how noone else noticed.

I think everyone's bundling that up under the "terrible director" comments. But yes, I agree. "Claustrophobic" might be a good way to describe how Berserk should be, but this is a bad kind of claustrophobic...
Jul 1, 2016 10:18 PM
Mar 2015
Badass said:
I don't remember Guts vomit in the manga. Why did he vomit when killing a girl? When he already went through many battlefield. I guess he vomits to his own series adaptation xD

He does in the Black Swordsman arc after defeating the Count, but he doesn't kill his daughter.
Jul 1, 2016 10:20 PM
Mar 2015
Vacu0us said:
people are either going to love or hate this

I was getting quite a game like vibe from this

A game from what year? What era? Even the PS2-esque Berserk movie CG wasn't this bad.
Jul 1, 2016 10:23 PM

Mar 2016
Valkata said:
Gao481 said:
CG isn't inherently bad and it's actually more expensive and harder than hand drawn, but people like to cut corners and this is why the anime looks so bad.

As an adaptation, it wasn't too bad since nothing important was actually changed

What ? Are you insane ? A LOT OF THINGS HAVE BEEN CHANGED. We are skipping like 2-3 arcs. If you say that nothing important has changed than, I don't know what to tell you.
Literally the only thing they did was combine the first two chapters and take out the two apostles that Guts fought. Besides, it'd be repetitive if they adapted the Golden Age Arc for the third time.
"I like young-girl sexual creations, Lolicon is just one hobby of my many hobbies," he says.
I ask what his wife, standing nearby, thinks of his "hobby".
"She probably thinks no problem," he replies. "Because she loves young boys sexually interacting with each other."
Jul 1, 2016 10:38 PM
Jul 2015
Story wise, it is still shocking and gruesome as Berserk should be. In that regard its good and still worth a watch.

The only part i dont like is really with the CGI and artwork. I kind of figured they would be able to implement CGI technology after all these many years and yet it still looks creepy robotic like.

Added to that, the pencil shadows draw too much attention which makes it ugly in my opinion. Drawn shadows work great in the manga, but its really messy with the anime. Atleast the Berserk movies did it right in that regard. I assumed we would get the same quality of animation as the previous movies. A pity we didnt. I know i would have been happier had they stuck with that animation. Atleast it was better than the current animation.

Puck is pretty much the best looking character because you dont notice his CGI or those obnoxious pencil shadows that much.

Just clean up those messy shadows and i think the Berserk anime 2016 can atleast get a score of 7+. I know the anime can be better. I do love Berserk.
Jul 1, 2016 10:40 PM

Oct 2011
I hope that David Production make berserk anime in the future and remake the whole series. I don't mind CGI but this one was really bad.
Jul 1, 2016 10:44 PM

Jan 2016
InducedPhobia said:
Hydrous said:

Nope. Either read the manga or watch the 1997 anime first. This is a sequel to the 1997 anime.

http://myanimelist.net/anime/33/Berserk

Ok thank you...................
Jul 1, 2016 10:47 PM

Jun 2013
I wonder if they're gonna censor horse dick.
Jul 1, 2016 10:48 PM

Jun 2009
I watched about 10 minutes, up until he met the girl and her grandpa, and I just stopped. It's not even the animation/CGI, it's just it was presented so badly. I don't like being over dramatic, but I feel like most everyone is right that this was pretty awful. Like why was Isidro there, for example? He shouldn't be introduced yet.

I don't know, I guess I'll wait and see how it turns out before continuing on.I didn't watch the movies, so I'll be fine with not watching this if it isn't done well. I would usually want to see for myself, but I got so many bad vibes from this episode that....I don't know, there is just no intention on my part to go on right now.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Jul 1, 2016 10:57 PM
Jun 2016
I loved it, watched from start of ep to end without regrets, boredom or anything of sorts, just fantastic, idk why so much people hate CGI, i mean if you like stuff and enjoy the content you will not notice the graphics except if you can't stop think about them or for some reason purely hate that stuff, well in any case i enjoyed it.
Jul 1, 2016 11:01 PM

Mar 2014
And people actually flamed US for saying this will BE BAD. How do you IGNORANT APOLOGISTS feel now? Fucking, KEK.

Accept the CANON FACT that is the OBJECTIVELY SHIT.
Jul 1, 2016 11:16 PM

Dec 2014
LMAO

beside the shitty CGI the Storyboard was horrible
even David Production can do better than this .
Jul 1, 2016 11:18 PM
Nov 2014
Wow. What a terrible piece of shit! I thought it AT LEAST won't fail to deliver story. But it appears it was more fucked up, then the terrible CG! I really didn't know, that you can turn absolute masterpiece into THIS
Jul 1, 2016 11:19 PM
Nov 2014
Tomboy said:
there won't be any. They censor EVERYTHINg and rush through the manga...
Jul 1, 2016 11:22 PM

Jun 2013
Karabanera said:
Tomboy said:
there won't be any. They censor EVERYTHINg and rush through the manga...

Here I was wanting to see her shocked face xD
Jul 1, 2016 11:28 PM
Dec 2015
I saw the manga was rated extremely well but watching this im not going to both continue watching this waste of my time. The art sound track and action is rubbish
Jul 1, 2016 11:29 PM
Nov 2014
FallIntoDespair said:
I saw the manga was rated extremely well but watching this im not going to both continue watching this waste of my time. The art sound track and action is rubbish
Yes it is. I REALLY didn't know, that you could screw up a masterpiece SO FUCKING MUCH
Jul 1, 2016 11:33 PM

Jan 2016
Well that was embarrassingly awful.
Jul 1, 2016 11:43 PM

Aug 2015
Iffy animation aside, I like the art and character design better in this one than the previous CGI films. The shading was odd at first but I got used to it. Guts looks great.
I'm so glad that this is finally continuing on from the golden age. I'm excited despite the general negative reactions from others.
whitherJul 1, 2016 11:47 PM
Jul 2, 2016 12:01 AM

Jul 2008
I dont mind the animation style. Tho it does seem good for action scenes. I look forward to Guts getting his armor. They might actually be able to animate his fights.

I think they got the Tone right. while i like the first series, guts was a bit goofy. they certainly laid the foundation for new viewers that Guts' world is Grim and its key players know it. And humans are just stumbling through a world of demons.

I just wonder how much they are going to skip over and where this series will Stop.
The next episode seems to have him getting captured by Farnese... but that only happened after fighting an Apostle. Are they just going to gloss over that. cause it was a clear point in Guts's development as a person. Protecting and Caring for a child, while hunting apostles. showing that he wants to care, but his inner demon and the world he lives in kinda forces him not to.

wonder if this suggests that the manga will end in the next few years.
Jul 2, 2016 12:07 AM

Jan 2012
These animators seriously need to do some googling about blocking and stick with that instead of these horribly splined animatons. I thought i was going to be able to overlook the bad animations, but this is unbearable to watch, especially when they show amazing quality 2D shots every now and then, it's like they are mocking you.
Jul 2, 2016 12:15 AM

Jun 2009
I'm going to give this til episode 3, if they don't get rid of this awful shit CGI, fuck em.
Jul 2, 2016 12:46 AM

Aug 2013
I didn't think it was terrible.. I'm used to CGI in Berserk since I'm also a fan of the movie trilogy. The OST isn't bad and I loved the Blood and Guts remix. The biggest letdown for me was the stuff they changed story-wise.
Yea
Pages (20) « First ... « 9 10 [11] 12 13 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Why does berserk, one of the greatest manga has such a shitty anime adaptation?

IMortaI - Aug 14, 2023

32 by StyxParadise »»
Jun 6, 6:57 AM

Poll: » Berserk Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 16, 2016

182 by Dractune »»
May 12, 10:25 PM

Poll: » Berserk Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jul 15, 2016

231 by Qtaro91_original »»
Mar 24, 4:38 PM

Poll: » Berserk Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 29, 2016

118 by Alphanumerische »»
Nov 28, 2023 12:30 PM

Poll: » Berserk Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 8, 2016

285 by Ere14 »»
Nov 11, 2023 4:04 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.