Forum Settings
Forums

What do you do when you start to get bored of anime?

New
Jun 9, 2016 7:04 AM

Jan 2016
I am starting to get bored of anime but I remember how much fun I used to have and I still do whenever I watch but it's just not with the same enthusiasm. Have you ever felt the same and what do you do when you do? How do you keep your enthusiasm for anime? Perhaps I am overthinking and just need to take a break?
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jun 9, 2016 7:08 AM

Mar 2015
i read manga if that happened... if got bored with manga, back to anime...
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Jun 9, 2016 7:10 AM

Sep 2015
Go out and have a life...then you realize you're bad at life, get depressed and back to anime bby.
NasalShark said:
I'd love to squeeze your nipples until they look like a purple slushie, Senpai.

Jun 9, 2016 7:12 AM
Oct 2015
If it get boring, i stop watching it,

The end
Jun 9, 2016 7:13 AM

Apr 2014
just take a break from it is what i do. then i get back into it the cycle continues
Jun 9, 2016 7:14 AM

Apr 2015
Take a break. Video games. American comic books. Write a bit. I'll come back for more eventually.
Jun 9, 2016 7:14 AM

Feb 2014
I would either take a break or start a new anime that I've been really wanting to watch for awhile
Jun 9, 2016 7:15 AM

Nov 2015
Shit up the forums for a while.
Either that or go outside and be a normal person..
Jun 9, 2016 7:16 AM

Oct 2013
Yeah watch a totally new genre, or try watching an anime that is really old or completely different from what you usually watch.

The 'Unusual is Better' or 'Old School Anime Club' are both good for finding anime like that.
Jun 9, 2016 7:30 AM

Feb 2016
If I get bored of a particular series, I try to watch some other series (preferably of a different genre). If I get bored of anime in general, I read novels or play video games.
Jun 9, 2016 7:49 AM

May 2015
Reviewing every anime I watch makes it so much fun for me. No matter how shitty is, it always gives me something to write about.

Also, there's so much to watch. I only have to take a trip down Recommended Anime section and be bombarded.

Then again, I don't spend all my time watching anime. It's just one of my many hobbies.
WEAPONS - My blog, for reviews of music, anime, books, and other things
Jun 9, 2016 7:52 AM

May 2016
I just take a break, read some, or just write random stuff from time to time..

Jun 9, 2016 8:01 AM

Jan 2014
Take a break and try reading some books.
Jun 9, 2016 8:38 AM
Jul 2018
Taking a break is a good idea if you feel that way. It's what I do. After a bit I come back and I'm ready to watch some more.
Jun 9, 2016 8:40 AM
Mar 2016
If I get bored, i just fast forward it.
Jun 9, 2016 8:44 AM
Jul 2018
If you get bored of anime, play some videogames or read manga or just normal books.
Jun 9, 2016 8:58 AM

Oct 2014
Try anime you haven't given a chance. Recommendations from your favs is a nice way to go.

Here, some recs I think you might like, based on your scores
Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann
Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica (And Princess Tutu (blind rec))
Cowboy Bebop
Blue Gender (blind rec)
Fate/stay night : Unlimited Blade Works (blind rec)
Parasyte: The Maxim
Jojo's Bizarre Adventure (2012) (and Fist of the North Star if you feel like watching it)
Neon Genesis Evangelion (at least to have an opinion on it)
Zegapain (partially blind rec)
Psycho-Pass 1st Season (and Ghost in the Shell if you dig cyberpunk)
Setokai no Ichizon

I hope from there you can expand your knowledge of animu and get back that excitement you've lost.
It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; What is essential is invisible to the eye.

But does the heart have the right perspective?
Jun 9, 2016 9:07 AM

May 2016
Well if i get bored sometimes i leave it alone and play some games. But eventually when new anime or new episoded aired, i will immediately watch it again
but never to the point where i dont want to watch anime again
Jun 9, 2016 9:11 AM
Aug 2015
for the last 2 years, i have watched at least 10 episodes of anime every day, so i don't know what you mean by "start to get bored of anime".
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 9, 2016 9:59 AM

Jan 2011
look for a new hobby

´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´
Jun 9, 2016 10:02 AM

Dec 2015
-Senpai- said:
Go out and have a life...then you realize you're bad at life, get depressed and back to anime bby.

You just described all my Saturday nights.
Jun 9, 2016 10:05 AM

Jun 2015
ilovewendy16 said:
for the last 2 years, i have watched at least 10 episodes of anime every day, so i don't know what you mean by "start to get bored of anime".

Wow, that's admirable, surprised you never suffered from burnout.

Ot. Play games, socialize, eat. There are tons of things to do.
Jun 9, 2016 10:09 AM

Dec 2015
Welp, get some friends, talk to them man.

Nah, just kidding. As someone stated, I like to review an anime when I get bored of watching it or just go on MAL forums for awhile. I don't usually watch anime (in fact, I barely watch it) they will be season where I'm only watching 1 or 2 animes because of my busy life (yeah, I actually have a life)

I also read manga because mangas are better, hands down, no arguments. xD
I read a lot more books and TV shows than I do with anime because I can easily get bored of it.

Occasionally, I play the PS4 with me squad at times (͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Why yu gettin' cheeky? (͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jun 9, 2016 10:11 AM
Nov 2015
When I get Bored of anime I watch some Fate/Stay:Night UBW AMV and the boredome is gone :)
Jun 9, 2016 11:02 AM

Feb 2016
dunno.. maybe going to study, or watch JAV
Jun 9, 2016 11:09 AM

Oct 2014
ilovewendy16 said:
Holy shit! I'm actually surprised that your time watched is only about twice that of mine. I haven't maintained a strong marathon for more than two days, can't imagine doing it for two years (I've only been watching for about two years). How do you manage the time for that and how haven't you burned out?
Jun 9, 2016 11:12 AM

Jun 2015
i don't know, maybe do something else that will cure my boredom?
Jun 9, 2016 11:13 AM

Mar 2016
Pffft, for me the problem would be how do I find the time to watch dem dan animuz.
yangires > yanderes > tsunderes > other deres
Jun 9, 2016 11:16 AM

Jul 2015
I start playing more vidya. Or doing things like re-painting my room. And generally leaving the house to do other activities.
Jun 9, 2016 11:18 AM
Aug 2015
zombie_pegasus said:
ilovewendy16 said:
Holy shit! I'm actually surprised that your time watched is only about twice that of mine. I haven't maintained a strong marathon for more than two days, can't imagine doing it for two years (I've only been watching for about two years). How do you manage the time for that and how haven't you burned out?
where do i find the time? I have no life. How do i not burn out? i bindge at least 5 shows at a time, all different genre, with one of them being at least 50 episodes long, and one at least 24 episodes long. I watch 2 episodes of each a day except for the 24 (3 episodes a day) and the 50 (4 episodes a day). Also, on the weekends i binge a 12 episode anime in 2 days, in addition to my regular watching scedule. using this method, i have never fallen into a show hole, or burned out.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 9, 2016 11:24 AM

Aug 2010
ilovewendy16 said:
zombie_pegasus said:
where do i find the time? I have no life. How do i not burn out? i bindge at least 5 shows at a time, all different genre, with one of them being at least 50 episodes long, and one at least 24 episodes long. I watch 2 episodes of each a day except for the 24 (3 episodes a day) and the 50 (4 episodes a day). Also, on the weekends i binge a 12 episode anime in 2 days, in addition to my regular watching scedule. using this method, i have never fallen into a show hole, or burned out.

Don't worry it will happen.

OT - I usually read manga, watch movies, play video games or as ridiculous as it sounds, go out.

"One must die and one must live. No victory, no defeat. The survivor will carry on the fight. It is our destiny... The one who survives will inherit the title of Boss. And the one who inherits the title of Boss will face an existence of endless battle."

Jun 9, 2016 11:36 AM
Mar 2016
If I can't seem to get into a new anime series or anime in general, I return to a series that I know I love. Rewatching something you love isn't bad, it's very useful if you want to continue watch anime and can't seem to find anything interesting. But, I've never become truly bored with anime for longer than a few days
Jun 9, 2016 11:39 AM
Aug 2014
I'd say to watch it less than you do already or maybe take a break. How bout starting to do something else like watch some normal movies or play video games? If you are really an anime lover than you can trust me that you will eventually come back to watching them again one day and you will feel same as you felt once. I try to do that myself now. I am standing in same situation like you.
Jun 9, 2016 12:37 PM

Jul 2015
I never get bored of anime. If you do get bored, then maybe watch any other shows on TV? I mean usually for me, if I'm not watching anime or reading manga, I'll probably be on YouTube lol.

caught in the wonder
Jun 9, 2016 12:45 PM

Jan 2013
Anopey said:
I am starting to get bored of anime but I remember how much fun I used to have and I still do whenever I watch but it's just not with the same enthusiasm. Have you ever felt the same and what do you do when you do? How do you keep your enthusiasm for anime? Perhaps I am overthinking and just need to take a break?

It's hobby like any other. Take a break, try doing something else, maybe quit it altogether. Reading is good activity, but movies or games are just as good. Of course you can find other more socially acceptable hobby than any of those mentioned, but really up to you how much radical changes you want to make
Signature removed. It was too good for this cruel world.
Jun 9, 2016 3:36 PM

Feb 2015
I just adapt. e.g. finding a still frame and start fapping> move on> repeat
Jun 9, 2016 3:41 PM

Aug 2015
i play games when i get bored of anime lately i've been playing Shovel knight only 2 stages to go :D
Jun 9, 2016 3:44 PM

Sep 2014
beast_regards said:

It's hobby like any other. Take a break, try doing something else, maybe quit it altogether. Reading is good activity, but movies or games are just as good. Of course you can find other more socially acceptable hobby than any of those mentioned, but really up to you how much radical changes you want to make

This. Definitely don't push yourself into it, that's how you burn out your passion for something very quickly. Reading has been one of the worst for me this way, i go through phases of devouring 2 novels a week and then onto phases of literally not wanting to look at the cover of a book nvm open it, then back again.

I actually have 2 types of anime slump,
1: I just need a short break from the medium
and
2: I've just seen something I love and now I'm dismissing everything too quickly because I'm still on the "high" from last series.

Jun 9, 2016 4:10 PM
Jun 2016
-Senpai- said:

This
That, or I read comic books. And then go back to anime. And repeat the above again. Its an endless cycle, really.
Jun 9, 2016 5:25 PM

Jun 2015
I watch other stuff, or dedicate myself to other hobbies.

How do I keep my enthusiasm for anime? I simply stop watching anime for a few days, maybe a week or so, and eventually I come back to it, until I get bored of it again, and so on.

I respect your opinion as long as you respect mine.
Jun 9, 2016 6:19 PM
May 2016
Browse for other good anime and watch it
Jun 9, 2016 6:22 PM

Aug 2013
I just watch non-anime shows and movies, since I like them too. It usually works for me.
Jun 9, 2016 10:15 PM

Jun 2012
Try blinking your eyes fast, it will tire you out and you'll fall asleep, probably. A rest sometime can make you forsaken your boredom.

But I never tested it out. LOL ~(laughing hysterically)
Jun 9, 2016 10:22 PM
Jun 9, 2016 10:25 PM

May 2013
if i get bored i usually just jack off honestly
Jun 9, 2016 10:29 PM

Oct 2015
Try getting good at life.
If you fail again, back to anime it is then.
Hisoka said:
True love is finding someone whose demons play well with yours.
Illumi said:
Jun 9, 2016 10:30 PM

Jul 2015
MohitVermillion said:
I just watch non-anime shows and movies, since I like them too. It usually works for me.

I do this too. I usually watch half anime, half american tv shows

huahua fs made by cat

Jun 9, 2016 10:35 PM

May 2016
Try eating while watching the series, it works.
Jun 9, 2016 10:40 PM
Aug 2010
I sometimes start a new series or focus on reading. I get bored of doing one thing pretty easily, so I really have a hard time marathoning shows or watching a lot of anime all at once, as much as I enjoy it.
まぁ、全部嘘だけどね。
Jun 11, 2016 10:29 AM

Sep 2015
Explore the internet, eat, breathe, sleep
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Love live

Vapor_AU - 3 hours ago

21 by Yumerei »»
3 minutes ago

» Is there any anime which you haven't watched but you enjoyed the Hentai/Doujin centred around that perticular series ?

GoodBoy0069 - 1 hour ago

5 by _YaoiShotaIncest »»
11 minutes ago

» Who is the greatest anime bro of all time?

SgtBateMan - 2 hours ago

6 by Zarutaku »»
14 minutes ago

» Good characters trapped in bad series.

Anjuro - May 29

41 by Zarutaku »»
19 minutes ago

» What are the most iconic anime scenes

Gashadokur0 - May 29

20 by AcD4c »»
25 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.