Forum Settings
Forums
New
Are you going to get married?
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
May 21, 2016 10:10 PM

Oct 2015
No, I've never even been in a relationship because I love being single.

I don't want to live with someone who can use my money to do stupid things like getting nails painted or something and I don't want to half to share a place with someone, also one of the reason I can't wait to move out is sometimes there will be food that I want to eat in the refrigeration and I will go to it later and find the the food is gone because another one of my family members ate it, I'm looking forward to not having to put up with that once I move out.
May 21, 2016 10:12 PM

Jan 2013
Hmmm... I don't think so. I just don't think that I'll ever find someone I'd like to spend the rest of my life with.

I respect people who want to get married, though.

weetI guess, as long as I have life, all I can do is fight with all my might.
May 22, 2016 12:14 AM

May 2016
I think it's really a good idea to get married if and only if you found a person you really genuinely love and trust with all your heart, all your soul, all your strength, and all your mind.

If I can't find that person in my lifetime, I don't mind being single (watching anime) forever lol :3
May 22, 2016 1:13 AM

May 2015
No. Why should I? What do I benefit? Why should I limit myself to one person?

I'm also against breeding so no family for me.
WEAPONS - My blog, for reviews of music, anime, books, and other things
May 22, 2016 1:26 AM

Aug 2013
Only if I found someone who could match me. Im not talking someone who likes to settle down, have kids a house a car and dog ughh no its not for me. The only kind of relationship that works for me is like in fight club. I don't do healthy I doubt the marriage would even last but we'd do it just cause. It wouldn't actually mean anything. I don't want to be someones dutiful partner I want to be their problem.
SpooksMay 22, 2016 1:40 AM
May 22, 2016 1:38 AM

Jun 2015
I can't even get a guy to date me, how would I get one to marry me?
May 22, 2016 1:48 AM

Jan 2015
I have only ever met one single woman I actually, legitimate love in terms of character and personality. But she lives on the other side of the continent and is completely sexually unattractive. I consider both requirements in order to qualify as a romantic interest.

Besides this one, unique and rare individual I have never met a woman I actually really like. I have met plenty of women I wanted to have sex with, but I find that distasteful. I just cant comprehend the idea of actually being able to find someone I would want to put up with, and also be lucky enough to have that person feel the same. I know for a complete certainty that I will never lower my standards for another, so I fear I may never find a partner in life.

The amount of experience I have with women isnt exactly extensive though, so maybe I just dont know what I am really talking about.
May 22, 2016 1:48 AM

Feb 2014
I voted probably.

Right now, it's nice being single and doing what I want without thinking about anyone else, but eventually I know I'll be lonely living all by myself.
Now I see the secret of the making of the best persons.
It is to grow in the open air and to eat and sleep with the earth.
-Walt Whitman

A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.
-Robert A. Heinlein
May 22, 2016 2:01 AM
Jan 2016
i feel like people dont take marriage seriously enough anymore, and that once youve found the one, marriage is the thing you do to show that its gg wp time to start the rest of your life with some1

ps i dont believe in divorce
May 22, 2016 3:05 AM

Sep 2015
Probably not, at least in the way I am now. Teenage hormones dictate I cannot be interested in anyone for longer than a few days.
May 22, 2016 6:21 AM

Mar 2015
Probably not, but even then. I don't need a piece of paper to officially announce that I love someone.
May 22, 2016 10:01 AM

Sep 2007
I would if the right person came along. Not like I got anything to lose. It'd be nice to cuddle with someone. :3

May 22, 2016 10:09 AM

Aug 2009
shotz_ said:
marriage?

never heard of that anime.

Pretty much this. I never understood why people get married in this day and age.

"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself."
-Friedrich Nietzsche
May 22, 2016 10:10 AM

Dec 2015
Probably when I'm in my late 20s if the time comes and the right person is there.
May 22, 2016 10:15 AM

Aug 2013
LoneWolf said:
shotz_ said:
marriage?

never heard of that anime.

Pretty much this. I never understood why people get married in this day and age.

you guys just waiting for legal 2D marriage dont lieeee

might be sooner than you think

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2093016/Im-love-building-Woman-marry-warehouse-bizarre-wedding-ceremony.html
SpooksMay 22, 2016 10:19 AM
May 22, 2016 10:17 AM

May 2013
Sweet said:
Hmmm... I don't think so. I just don't think that I'll ever find someone I'd like to spend the rest of my life with.

........not with that attitude -_^
I CELEBRATE myself,
And what I assume you shall assume,
For every atom belonging to me as good belongs to you.
May 22, 2016 10:18 AM

Jan 2012
TheBrainintheJar said:
Why should I limit myself to one person?

so u don't get aids , thought u were Jew , what's ur religion say about marriage .

_Potato_Senpai said:
I can't even get a guy to date me, how would I get one to marry me?

Start posting on social media sites u know snap chat - Instagram - tinder .....

hannyah said:
Probably when I'm in my late 20s if the time comes and the right person is there.

shit i am jealous , i am 21 years and don't even think about marriage yet.

May 22, 2016 7:15 PM

May 2009
Yeah, probably, granted I find someone who can tolerate me.
May 22, 2016 7:48 PM

Jan 2016
It's not really a question one can answer. Would I like to get married one day? Yes. Will I get married one day? I honestly have no idea. I'd have to meet the right person first.
May 22, 2016 8:15 PM

Jan 2013
xrockxz89 said:

It's silly, since it's pretty hard for me to actually make good friends with my personality, so imagine finding someone to marry? Hell no.

Anyhow, isn't quite hard for everyone to find someone they actually want to marry? If you'd like to marry any person who's kind or nice to you then good for you, but I don't want that for me.
SweetMay 22, 2016 8:22 PM

May 22, 2016 8:29 PM

Sep 2015
Sweet said:
xrockxz89 said:

It's silly, since it's pretty hard for me to actually make good friends with my personality, so imagine finding someone to marry? Hell no.

Anyhow, isn't quite hard for everyone to find someone they actually want to marry? If you'd like to marry any person who's kind or nice to you then good for you, but I don't want that for me.
I have probably the most rotten personality out of all the people I know that are alive. I can sympathise with you. But you'll be surprised to find there's people out there just like you no matter who you are. It's not impossible that you'll find someone you like who you get along with and relate to in ways you can't with anyone else.

That being said, it's unlikely if you shut everyone out without giving them a chance.

A pair of eyes appear disguised,
I take flight and stay high in paradise,
With bad luck, snake eyes, a pair of dice.
I'm paralyzed, she speaks twice, a pair of lies,
It's parallel, apparent hell of parasites.
ask for discord server
May 22, 2016 8:37 PM

May 2016
I would love to get married. Even if traditional weddings sorta make me uncomfortable with the make-up and the dowries and the gender stereotypes and all that, I like the idea of being committed to someone for life before all and God (as a Christian person). For that to happen, though, I'd have to first date someone longer than a month... unlikely especially with work being busy right now and my being socially anxious and awkward especially around someone I'm attracted to... so probably not, but hopefully sometime in my lifetime...
KelsiFinnMay 22, 2016 9:08 PM
May 22, 2016 8:39 PM

Jan 2013
deadaccount___ said:
I have probably the most rotten personality out of all the people I know that are alive. I can sympathise with you. But you'll be surprised to find there's people out there just like you no matter who you are. It's not impossible that you'll find someone you like who you get along with and relate to in ways you can't with anyone else.

That being said, it's unlikely if you shut everyone out without giving them a chance.

What? I don't shut everyone out of my life. Seriously, why do you all keep making assumptions about my life? You don't even know me.

Honestly, I don't want to be rude, but wow. ._.

Jul 2012
Yes, if I find the right person. It's like the one step to binding a relationship. If there was no thing called "marriage", he could break up any time.

Jan 2016
Getting married requires going outside and socializing, so no, I won't be getting married anytime soon.
May 22, 2016 8:40 PM
Jul 2018
Only if the girl I meet makes a club go up on a tuesday
May 22, 2016 8:47 PM

Sep 2015
Sweet said:
deadaccount___ said:

What? I don't shut everyone out of my life. Seriously, why do you all keep making assumptions about my life? You don't even know me.

Wasn't assuming anything, I apologise if it seemed that way. That last part was more directed at what I used to do. just saying how it is for me. All I'm really saying in your case is to not give up yet. There's still plenty of hope. :3

Mayuka said:
Yes, if I find the right person. It's like the one step to binding a relationship. If there was no thing called "marriage", he could break up any time.
Because when you love someone, you don't want their freedom. You want their soul. lmao

ask for discord server
May 22, 2016 8:53 PM

Jan 2013
deadaccount___ said:
Wasn't assuming anything, I apologise if it seemed that way. That last part was more directed at what I used to do. just saying how it is for me. All I'm really saying in your case is to not give up yet. There's still plenty of hope. :3

Don't worry about it, it's okay. I still don't get why people think that I'm upset/angry about not finding someone I'd like to spend the rest of my life with. Seriously, I'm not going to die if I never do. xD

May 22, 2016 8:53 PM

Oct 2014
All the decisions in life hold somewhat of success probability, some completely depend on this gamble but most decisions just don't. Going by that logic it is better to avoid many things, you can increase the chances of making a marriage work out just as you can increase your chances of passing a test by studying, it is merely that simple but the methods are usually way too vague for most people to realize how.

I personally will most likely get married but it is not going good so far for me, I'm 18 and I'm yet to find any girl special enough to ask out or even think of that way. Sure there are the "well damn that booty fine" moments but never emotionally.

May 22, 2016 8:56 PM

Sep 2015
Sweet said:
deadaccount___ said:

Don't worry about it, it's okay. I still don't get why people think that I'm upset/angry about not finding someone I'd like to spend the rest of my life with. Seriously, I'm not going to die if I never do. xD
That's a good way to look at it. I'm the same, really. Love isn't required to enjoy yourself. I think the single life comes with a lot more perks anyway. :p

ask for discord server
May 22, 2016 9:04 PM

Feb 2012
I plan to start working on that right after I win the lottery. Also someone fitting my standards needs to magically appear before me, since all women I ever knew are already taken. When these two criteria are met, then I don't see why I wouldn't give it the go ahead.
May 22, 2016 10:11 PM

Jul 2012
deadaccount___ said:
Mayuka said:
Because when you love someone, you don't want their freedom. You want their soul. lmao
Actually yes. I want a relationship that will last forever with 100% dedication.
May 22, 2016 10:23 PM

Sep 2015
Mayuka said:
deadaccount___ said:
Actually yes. I want a relationship that will last forever with 100% dedication.
Hah... Well good luck... To your husband too.

ask for discord server
May 22, 2016 10:27 PM

Jul 2012
deadaccount___ said:
Mayuka said:
That's cool, thanks for the input, fam.
May 22, 2016 10:33 PM

Sep 2015
Mayuka said:
deadaccount___ said:
That's cool, thanks for the input, fam.
Rude, all I said was good luck. But you're welcome. :3

ask for discord server
May 22, 2016 10:42 PM

Apr 2015
Am I gonna marry a 3D person? Haha, no.
My waifu, do not steal.
May 22, 2016 10:51 PM

May 2014
Sadly I don't think so :/ I'm gonna be a lone traveler・。・
May 22, 2016 10:54 PM

Jun 2011
I've been with my boyfriend @hulskwagon here on MAL for four years next month.
I love him very much but we don't seem like the type of couple to get married. Sad but I hope I am just being my typical pessimistic self and things may work out. You never know. :P
May 22, 2016 11:03 PM

Feb 2016
With how biased divorce court is and my refusal to marry a girl who demands me to change my personality or dress differently to accommodate her, I don't see myself marrying unless the perfect girl comes along. Looks wise I just don't want anyone obese or rated less then a 5. Not to mention my trust issues and the can of worms that opens up.
May 22, 2016 11:06 PM

May 2013
Sweet said:
xrockxz89 said:

Yeah I mean it's hard for me too lol I'm probably in the same boat. I don't blame myself though xD

Besides, you really never know when you might get lucky, always be ready! lol (kind of more of a dating attitude than marriage but whatever).
I CELEBRATE myself,
And what I assume you shall assume,
For every atom belonging to me as good belongs to you.
May 22, 2016 11:14 PM
Laughing Man

Jun 2012
There wasn't a "never" option, so I go with "nah". Not even a bit interested in getting married. I don't really see the point to it.
May 22, 2016 11:20 PM

Apr 2016
It just shows that you aren't going to leave the person. It's more of a "I'm yours" than a "You're mine".

I probably won't though, I don't think I'll meet someone that I could marry.
May 22, 2016 11:23 PM

Apr 2016
RyanEsau said:
Probably not. Only if I find the right person AKA my true love. Would be awhile before I get married but if I feel it's right and I'm happy with them, then yeah.

Money though ~_~ Oi... Ring... Wedding... etc... >_>

Furthermore, and I don't really want to be that "Statistics Guy" but, apparently, only 1 in 4 marriages work out.

Probably because like 1 in 4 people get married on a whim, blinded by love and what not. In other words, people marry too early in most cases imo. They don't put much thought into it and just do it.
lol you could get a 100 dollar ring and tell her it was 600, it's not like she could tell the difference. She would sound like a bitch if she got upset that the ring was too cheap though.
May 22, 2016 11:25 PM

Jan 2016
I don't know man, it sounds nice but I think I might have commitment issues.
May 22, 2016 11:43 PM

Jun 2014
I will probably get married in my early 30s whether I like it or not.
May 22, 2016 11:48 PM

Mar 2015
Getting married means I need to work and have job? No Thanks.
I, forever be hikikomori and plan to watch anime the rest of my life.

Besides most women (real life) are boring in my taste.
May 23, 2016 12:03 AM

Dec 2015
If I find the right person then yes.
But I also wouldn't mind being alone either so it's not really a big deal to me.
May 23, 2016 12:48 AM

May 2015
Sweet said:
deadaccount___ said:

No offense but it's possible you won't find anyone to connect with. The world isn't a just place where everything works out. I hope you'll find someone if you wish for it, but life can become a landslide.
WEAPONS - My blog, for reviews of music, anime, books, and other things
May 23, 2016 12:53 AM

Sep 2015
TheBrainintheJar said:
Sweet said:

No offense but it's possible you won't find anyone to connect with. The world isn't a just place where everything works out. I hope you'll find someone if you wish for it, but life can become a landslide.
She did say she was open to that possibility and it's okay if it does work out that way.

In my experience every time it feels like I've reached the end of the line, more friends or another girl comes along whether I like it or not. It's a matter of what you do with your time I guess.

ask for discord server
May 23, 2016 2:30 AM

Jan 2008
I don't see the point of marriage. I can't think of an actual advantage, or something you can only do when married. There are tons of disadvantages though, mostly for the man.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Is there a cure for mental illness?

DesuMaiden - Yesterday

14 by JaniSIr »»
6 minutes ago

» What is comedy for you?

TheOmnivert - Jun 13, 2020

48 by ProGoddess »»
8 minutes ago

» You been a mod or adminstrator of any website?

DesuMaiden - Apr 7

40 by ProGoddess »»
16 minutes ago

» 2023-2024 NBA Season Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

deg - Jun 18, 2023

803 by SilentAssassin88 »»
18 minutes ago

» How do you deal with spam texts?

4630_Yen_Chan - 2 hours ago

5 by ProGoddess »»
22 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.