Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
Apr 2, 2016 7:21 AM
Sep 2014
>>Rating: R - 17+
I suppose it's a bad 1 april joke and this season just a joke too. Very bad joke
Apr 2, 2016 7:23 AM

Jan 2016
Infinite said:
Sakuraoka said:

it was not, it was pretty awesome.

Thank you for sharing your opinion.

youre... welcome? :P
Apr 2, 2016 7:23 AM

Sep 2009
I actually heard that alot of the comedy was removed from the first season. Also guy don't forget this is a Jump series. Seinin it may be but still a Jump series.

other then that yeah completely different. except Michele, I don't recognise anyone. or that might just be because it been a year or so.
Apr 2, 2016 7:43 AM

Jul 2007
komic said:
I actually heard that alot of the comedy was removed from the first season. Also guy don't forget this is a Jump series. Seinin it may be but still a Jump series.

From what I gather the first season was more srs than manga and this is funnier than manga, which is totally fine with me.
Apr 2, 2016 8:03 AM

Jun 2013
it's true those speech bubbles are weird but it's still okay but it's lighter than the first season
Apr 2, 2016 8:09 AM

Oct 2014
Vargr said:
WTF is this ****?
The obvious changes like art style, which seriously doesn't fit the horror theme aside.

What's with these little expression bubbles? (or whatever it is called..)

What's with the 180 turn of Michelles personality?!

The idea of fighting humanoid cockroaches on mars was prety bad by itself.
But i loved the execution, all that gore, lots of action, dark and gloomy atmosphere, serious characters.
-
What do we have now?!
The badass "heroin" went full tsundere on us.
The characters all went from "we came here to earn money for xyz, but now we are doomed to die" to "sigh, oh well, im here and shit, but that's ok"

Suggested tags: Action, Horror, Sci-Fi, Space, Comedy / PG 13

That pic.. felt I was watching Akame Ga Kill.

FFS, AGK had better animation than TFRevenge and even had better comedy relief scenes like Leone antics.

Rvenge is shaping up being one of the worst animes of the 2010s.....

Apr 2, 2016 8:20 AM

Sep 2014
wow what a disaster.
Art changed for the worse, from kinda unique and style fitting to genericly "bad", it quite simply does not fit the style..

Also, when did this show turned into comedy? The unforgettable cesnoring was actually funny, yes. But this? The screeming?
I was actually looking forward to this. I really really hope the show improves. It cant get really worse..
Even the fighting felt wrong..
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Apr 2, 2016 8:31 AM

Jan 2013
The opening made me laugh, it's so fucking cheesy. The anime itself also seems so much more cheesier than the previous season...

Nope. Fuck this. Fuck this. Fuck this so hard...
CondemneDioApr 2, 2016 8:50 AM
Apr 2, 2016 8:57 AM

Oct 2008
Fai said:
komic said:

From what I gather the first season was more srs than manga and this is funnier than manga, which is totally fine with me.

Well, im not a manga person, but i did check out around 30 chapters if that is true.
Im not sure about the conversations, because i was checking the images only.
But what i found is nothing like the first episode of S2, and it's rather close to S1.

spoiler alert!

This is long past of what's happening now.
Hands are flying, skulls being crushed, people are cut in half.
I suppose the reason of the drastical change is to appeal to a wider range of audience.
But to be honest, all they've done is just loosing the ones who have liked the S1 for what it was. A gore filled, action packed, dark and gloomy sci-fi.
I honestly doubt that the absurd story can stand on it's own, with this kind of setup.
Apr 2, 2016 9:48 AM
Aug 2014
the "Teen Titans Go!" syndrom
Apr 2, 2016 9:52 AM

Jan 2015
Damn was going to watch this since I really enjoyed S1 but based off the reactions and some pics I'm going to avoid this like the plague.
Big Order (TV):great anime or greatest anime?
Apr 2, 2016 10:26 AM

Apr 2014
I actually liked the 1st season a lot (imo) and was hyped to see some more gore and badass fighting but this just made me wanna drop the 2nd season by watching the first 5 minutes, I'll watch next weeks episode to see any improvement. I really hope this was an April fools joke or something. The animation and art is so bad now and those fight scenes... just what..
Apr 2, 2016 11:00 AM
Apr 2013
Horrible new art style and a noticeable drop in animation quality. There is a scene where Michelle is talking to Akari after he killed the boss roach, and I noticed her lips weren't moving. The focus of the scene was on Akari, and he was standing in front of her, so maybe they though no one would notice, but that is no excuse.
The addition of the thought bubbles was a big mistake, in my opinion. I think they are meant to replace the narrator, but that was a terrible choice.
Apr 2, 2016 11:24 AM

Sep 2014
This couldn't turn out worse than this. I have waited two years for my dreams to be crushed in the most horrible way. They literally turned it into an ecchi shounen. No badassness, no good fighting scenes, no good art style, no good animation, no goodlooking characters in that badass way, they ruined the story and added uncalled for ecchi and "comedy" scenes. It's the worst case scenario.
Apr 2, 2016 12:00 PM

Feb 2008
What happened to the dreadful atmosphere of Terra Formars? I am having some seriously mixed feelings regarding the premier and the future of the series...
Apr 2, 2016 12:12 PM

Dec 2013
Did they switch animation houses? I remember the first season and the OVAs being squeaky clean, but this one was "World Trigger"-ish cell animation... And they even changed Akari's mug and hair styles too...
I know they have to introduce a lot more characters this season, but that's no reason to skimp on the animation quality.....

First episode and color me unimpressed... Am not looking forward to seeing the rest of this if the animation stays like this...

On closer review of the fight scenes.... did they use rotoscoping for battle movements and then blurred them a bit to "try" and make it seem dynamic? It's not working at all....
Can they bring back the old Street-Fighter OVA-esque animation please???
L-RyoshiApr 2, 2016 12:21 PM
HESTIAAPPROVES
Apr 2, 2016 1:06 PM
Oct 2008
This is the worst April's fool shit I ever seen...
Apr 2, 2016 2:25 PM

Oct 2013
The mole roach was originally beaten by having it burrowed deep in the ground while being strangled in Akari's string.

Not by air karate and then a beheading.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 2, 2016 2:47 PM

Mar 2014
chesus christ. this is the worst season 2 ive ever seen in my entire life. im reading the manga and watched season 1. both are gloomy and dead serious which is really suitable to how desperate they are given their situation. and now it turned into a kids show with some romance, fan service and shit. seriously? how can something fuck up like this?
why am i so well drawn into time travel stories?
do i really have that many regrets?
Apr 2, 2016 2:57 PM

Mar 2014
Kagami said:
Why is everybody defending S1 when back when it was first airing everybody called the show trash? It went beyond the censoring shit too.

Weird.

the only bad thing about season 1 is it's censorship. but what we have now is shit in all levels. the animation is all lively now which doesnt suit the story at all. it was supposed to be dark and depressing given their situation. and in season 1, roaches are cunning and deadly, a single punch can blow someone's head off but now, theyre like zombies that you could kill easily.
Apr 2, 2016 3:07 PM

Jul 2011
Wow, the animation looks like generic low-budget trash... Character movements are terribly unnatural too. Fights were boring af; I miss when every hit was crazy. The tense/suspenseful atmosphere is completely gone now, even though it was one of the main selling points. Scary cockroaches look like a joke now. Fanservice scene made me headdesk. I'm also pretty sure they don't look like that, being specially selected fighters and all.

They just went and got rid of everything that made this show enjoyable without having something to make up for it. Not going to bother past episode 1.

RIP.
Apr 2, 2016 3:30 PM

Oct 2013
L-Ryoshi said:
Did they switch animation houses? I remember the first season and the OVAs being squeaky clean, but this one was "World Trigger"-ish cell animation... And they even changed Akari's mug and hair styles too...
I know they have to introduce a lot more characters this season, but that's no reason to skimp on the animation quality.....

First episode and color me unimpressed... Am not looking forward to seeing the rest of this if the animation stays like this...

On closer review of the fight scenes.... did they use rotoscoping for battle movements and then blurred them a bit to "try" and make it seem dynamic? It's not working at all....
Can they bring back the old Street-Fighter OVA-esque animation please???
they changed most of season's main staff namely the director Hamasaki who is a Madhouse veteran known for his moody and gritty atmospheric touch. naturally by hiring a new director all of this was gone too. the character designer has also been switched and the show is now co-produced by studio TYO.

the weird animation comes from the new action animation director Satoru Utsonimya. A terrific and highly influential animator who is has done some amazing work on shows and movies throughout his carrier, but his animation tends to put many anime fans off due to his puppet-like movments and off-model designs. I mean,some of his most infamous work is the legendary Aquarion episode, you know, that one. technically speaken and contrary to what most people say, the action scenes in this episode are actually well animated. well, in a sense that fluid movement = good animation, but they are watered down by the atrociously bad direction and lack of tension.
BrobotApr 2, 2016 3:37 PM
Apr 2, 2016 3:51 PM

Jun 2014
Damn that's a disappoitment Season 1 wasn't that good but at least it was fun to watch mostly because of the violence and the gore so now that we don't have these anymore it makes it boring . The animation wasn't that bad though , of course it's terrible compared to season , but as i said , to me it's not the biggest issue this sequel have
xSkydelApr 2, 2016 3:56 PM
Apr 2, 2016 4:00 PM

Apr 2012
What in the freaking world happened here? The art style and animation are brighter, the characters are being happier and more comedic than they were before they were in danger, they're all making stupid gags out of nowhere, and I sweat this is just a completely different cast of characters.

I am sorry Terra Formars, but after the violent and death ridden gore-fest of season 1 - I AM NOT HERE TO WATCH A HAPPY-GO-LUCKY PICNIC ANIME!!! These people just came out of the most traumatizing experience of their lives! No matter how prepared they were, there is not a single reason that any of them should be capable of behaving like this.

It was bad enough Season 1 never felt like it had a 'last episode' in the first place, but now you finally bring it back and expect me to be okay with this crap heap? No, if episode 2 is anything like this one whatsoever, I am done!

Not even Aquarion Logos managed to make me loathe it this fast.
FateHeroApr 2, 2016 4:07 PM
Apr 2, 2016 4:17 PM

Oct 2013
Lmfao! This season makes the first season looks like a masterpiece in comparison. Lol it looks clunky/dull asf! First spring anime to get dropped!
Apr 2, 2016 4:20 PM
Dec 2010
I just don't know how you can take a good thing and ruin it so badly. I'll keep watching in hopes it gets better thought. I'm a huge fan of the manga so I wanna hold out
Apr 2, 2016 4:21 PM
Dec 2010
DoAndroidsDream said:
Honestly what happened with the production of this series, ignoring the fact that they started the season terrible why does it seem the ENTIRE tone of the show changed and the animation quality seems half as good as the first season.
THIS!!! I wish i could've articulated my thoughts this well
Apr 2, 2016 4:24 PM
Aug 2012
In S1 a roach punch would split someone body and now it has almost no effect. The fights now are just random punch, I'm so disapointed with this.
Apr 2, 2016 4:34 PM

Jun 2014
Kagami said:
Why is everybody defending S1 when back when it was first airing everybody called the show trash? It went beyond the censoring shit too.

Weird.

this is pretty much my sentiment

Seems like people just can't make up their minds, I can guarantee if this season did have gore than people would be bitching about how the censorship was atrocious. I wasn't much of a fan of the show to begin with, but this season doesn't seem that bad so far, the animation doesn't bother me less than the other one did, just seems too shiny.
Apr 2, 2016 4:53 PM

Jun 2014
Jerkhov said:
Kagami said:

Weird.

Seems like people just can't make up their minds, I can guarantee if this season did have gore than people would be bitching about how the censorship was atrocious. I wasn't much of a fan of the show to begin with, but this season doesn't seem that bad so far, the animation doesn't bother me less than the other one did, just seems too shiny.

Yeah, I also agree with your opinion too. I just found it odd that S1 was derailed my members weekly for being absolute shit, but now its being defended and painted as good.

Nostalgia maybe?
Apr 2, 2016 4:54 PM

Aug 2012
Xenocrisi said:
Lol, I liked the 1st season despite all the hate, but this 1sy episode of the 2nd season was just....ewwww.

I won't even put this anime in my dropped list

This anime is to weak to put int on drop list!
there are better animes who deserve drop list

Vargr said:

I suppose the reason of the drastical change is to appeal to a wider range of audience.
But to be honest, all they've done is just loosing the ones who have liked the S1 for what it was. A gore filled, action packed, dark and gloomy sci-fi.
I honestly doubt that the absurd story can stand on it's own, with this kind of setup.

Hahahahahahahahahah i laugh so hard that i cant breath, new audience with this change Ghahahahahahaha..

envy__ said:
Kagami said:

Weird.

the only bad thing about season 1 is it's censorship. but what we have now is shit in all levels. the animation is all lively now which doesnt suit the story at all. it was supposed to be dark and depressing given their situation. and in season 1, roaches are cunning and deadly, a single punch can blow someone's head off but now, theyre like zombies that you could kill easily.

There is uncensored version.

Snowkitsune said:
Very good video on the topic:

You damn RIGHT!
Its like chuck noris kick his left leg with left leg who kicking left leg who kick left leg(there no right leg in this kicking, becouse he just kick with left leg)
its just feels like that nonsense up.
IshinomoriiApr 2, 2016 5:16 PM
Apr 2, 2016 5:01 PM

Mar 2011
Kagami said:
Jerkhov said:

Yeah, I also agree with your opinion too. I just found it odd that S1 was derailed my members weekly for being absolute shit, but now its being defended and painted as good.

Nostalgia maybe?

Well, a couple of things you've got to consider here.

Think firstly about the people who would have been commenting on the first season as it aired, compared to people commenting now on the second season. If people really hated the first season, they are much less likely to watch the sequel.

Secondly, whilst people were of the general opinion it was overall bad, most people at least think that it did nail the hopelessness of the situation, and it's tension was mostly to the point where you could easily believe that a character could die in the next scene.

This season has literally removed the show's only strength. All that's left is garbage.
Apr 2, 2016 5:01 PM

Dec 2015
Didn't even remember the story of 1st season anymore. So it seems this is now from the point of view from the other division and after Adolf died? (I thought Akari and Michelle already met up with the other guys or some of ther fights were shown in season 1 already but can't rememver anymore ha ha.) At least it is set after season 1 since Adolf seems dead (they were talking about it).
Apr 2, 2016 5:04 PM

Dec 2012
Ishinomorii said:
I have a feeling, that this a big April fools but I'm not sure. Anyone?
too much for april fools it can kill cockroach in mars
Apr 2, 2016 6:15 PM

Oct 2008
Ishinomorii said:
Hahahahahahahahahah i laugh so hard that i cant breath, new audience with this change Ghahahahahahaha..

It's te only legit explanation to these drastical changes.
Regardless of your opinion about the previous season, there are people who liked it.
And im prety sure, that the dark, gore filled stuff isn't exactly popular.
Now im not talking about the western audience that torrents most of what they watch, and their needs are completely irrelevant in the yes of the studios.
But the market the product was aimed at.
Like it or not, you've just witnessed exactly what i've written.
Apr 2, 2016 8:15 PM
Apr 2016
Man.. this is soo bad!

The shift from s1 and now s2(?) Is terrible. Not only did they change the art style, they completly changed the tone and characters from the previous season! Michelle K Davis, a formerly known badass is now gonna be used for uneeded/unwated ecchi scenes. The whole thing with them yelling when they transform.. like wtf? I was excited to finally watch s2 of terra formars and when I saw this, I just can't.
Apr 2, 2016 11:10 PM

Jan 2014
I noticed the animation is somewhat a downgrade from the first season. It feels wonky. The art style is something I like and I find it easy to adapt to.

The sudden change in atmosphere, tone, and character personalities is definitely odd. It feels out of place for this anime, but I still like the show and will stick to it knowing the writers probably have something in store for us.

Honestly though, I hope it picks up way better than it started since that was not a very good start for a new season.

Excited for
Apr 3, 2016 12:07 AM

May 2009
Terraformers season 1 wasn't a 10/10 by anymeans but it was actually pretty decent especially towards the end which the fighting just got more and more intense but this second season..... doesn't even feel like the same anime.
BLEACH 2021 LETS GOOO
Apr 3, 2016 12:29 AM
Nov 2010
They added more color- that's fine. Changed the costume that's fine. But changing the tone by adding little chibi's, making shower and groping jokes, shower scene- all the characters seemed happy-go-lucky all's well let's-be-optimistic-n-skip-to-Annex 1- shit?

Wth. The darkness is gone. The violence is gone. The seriousness is gone. The coolness is gone and replaced with a generic rom-com.

I've never been so put off by a 2nd season...lol xD I can overlook the change in art, maybe even the lackluster combat scene. But they changed the whole damn serious and dark tone of this anime. I hope one of the commenters on CR was right and this was just an April Fool's joke.
Apr 3, 2016 12:45 AM

May 2012
I don't see a much difference between this and the 1st season. It is the same thing to me, so I don't understand how people like 1st season but hate this one !
Apr 3, 2016 1:12 AM

Mar 2014
Barcia said:
Kagami said:

Weird.

This. Everyone seems to have forgotten how bad S1 was

EDIT: not saying this episode was good, it was trash

nah, i liked the s1. and i bet most people here liked it too that's why we waited for a second season. but what the fuck is this shit? everything i liked from terra formars were all replaced by a generic fcking shonen ecchi shit bullcrap
Apr 3, 2016 4:05 AM

Jul 2014
Kinda disappointed with sudden change of artsyle and light-hearted atmosphere
I thought Terra Formars is more serious anime, and that's why I like it.

Season 1 issue is the pacing but animation quality is better.
"All things are poison, and nothing is without poison; only the dose permits something not to be poisonous"

PROJECT-ERASER
Apr 3, 2016 4:09 AM
Nov 2012
"Genres: Action, Horror, Sci-Fi, Space"

Where is the horror? We should add new genre like comedy, ecchi, martial art to this crappy 2nd season.

GinjiroApr 3, 2016 4:31 AM
“Townsperson B has its own kind of awesomeness” — Shōyō Hinata
Apr 3, 2016 4:19 AM

Aug 2013
2 days after the start of the spring season and i can already say that this is the disappointment of the season...
Apr 3, 2016 4:33 AM
Oct 2007
This episode doesn't bode well for season 2. Budget seems to be way way way low than last season.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 3, 2016 7:04 AM

Jan 2016

omfg, so, this is it? theres nothing we can do? like death threats to the studio demanding scratching this whole shit and doing it again with the previous studio? im not watching this crap, and yeah, i get it, we all like kawaii stuff but sometimes we need plain manly violence too wtf.
Apr 3, 2016 8:08 AM
Apr 2014
Man. I don't even know where I should begin...

The art style just doesn't fit anymore. Should have stayed with what they went season 1. Not only the human characters but also the roaches. They just look like a freaky joke now -.- Really dislike the new style of some persons too (mainly Michelle and Akari for now but its only the beginning and the change in style will definitely lead to more examples).

On top of that some characters got entirely new personalities(seriously. what happened to Michelle? That's an entirely different person). And they definitely changed the concept of this. Way too much cheap comedy mixed in.

And what was that super saiyan shit of Akari? Let him instinctively transform like in the first ep of the first season(that would have been totally fine) but don't make a fucking light-show out of it -.- And if you intend to finish this damn fight in half an episode then for fucks sake put it into the first season instead of using it as a beginning to the second season...

Very disappointing first episode. I was really glad when I found out there will be another season. Especially because they ended mid-fight in the first season. But this just isn't the same anymore. I was surprised when I saw the score after the first episode but after watching it myself I totally understand.

Whoever thought it was a good idea to produce something like this didn't understand what made the first season enjoyable.

I'll give this one more episode but I think this will be the second anime ever which I acknowledge officially to have dropped)
NanashiApr 3, 2016 8:23 AM
Apr 3, 2016 8:21 AM

Apr 2014
Well I hope this makes people finally realize how a director and his staff can be more important than the studio itself.
Apr 3, 2016 8:41 AM

Dec 2012
Lol, the REVENGE was on us, viewers, it seems.

Another show that unexpectedly rivals Jewelpet Twinkle.

Good that Shouwa didn't end like Yami Shibai.

=sigh=
Apr 3, 2016 8:59 AM
Sep 2012
Well. Love this manga, the first season was decent once uncensored. This though... The new art style is nice, in still frames... The rest looks gross. Like holy shit the animation is so bad, the movements are jerky and don't look real at all, the Roaches don't even look like they should. They really messed this up. I'll still watch it, but that animation is Dragon Ball Super derp level...
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

» What chapter?

Saku33 - Jun 20

0 by Saku33 »»
Jun 20, 2:18 PM

Poll: » Terra Formars Revenge Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 24, 2016

90 by Archean-Return »»
Mar 30, 6:29 PM

Poll: » Terra Formars Revenge Episode 12 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 17, 2016

35 by Archean-Return »»
Mar 30, 5:42 PM

Poll: » Terra Formars Revenge Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 10, 2016

34 by Archean-Return »»
Mar 30, 5:06 PM

Poll: » Terra Formars Revenge Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 3, 2016

32 by Archean-Return »»
Mar 30, 4:16 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.