Forum Settings
Forums

Why Most Old School Anime is way better than Seasonal Modern Anime?

New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (7) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Sep 9, 2015 9:07 PM

Jul 2012
NicoZeta said:
>Space brothers produced by A-1 pictures

What a huge turn-off.

I would rather re-watch Planetes than that one.

Baseball anime is everywhere and they bored me.
The only good Baseball anime is One Outs because it`s gambling baseball and it has psychological genre on it.

A-1 isn't a bad studio. They have great shows and amazing art/animation in a few. Space Brothers is one of those few. Nothing bad, except for pacing near the end.

Try Major, which is an older series. All the baseball series are different IMO.

FGAU1912 said:
you never asnwer my other debate either

Hard to argue when I couldn't comprehend half of it, sorry.

And Haikyuu!! is pretty excellent. Maybe sports homos aren't your thing.

and i call bullsit on monden madhose cppoynf the source art style i give the bg eaxple of this
Kiseijuu

Was a great adaptation, even after reading the manga. The art changes were needed.
Sep 9, 2015 9:08 PM
Mar 2011
mayukachan said:
NicoZeta said:
>Space brothers produced by A-1 pictures

What a huge turn-off.

I would rather re-watch Planetes than that one.

Baseball anime is everywhere and they bored me.
The only good Baseball anime is One Outs because it`s gambling baseball and it has psychological genre on it.

A-1 isn't a bad studio. They have great shows and amazing art/animation in a few. Space Brothers is one of those few. Nothing bad, except for pacing near the end.

FGAU1912 said:
you never asnwer my other debate either

Hard to argue when I couldn't comprehend half of it, sorry.

And Haikyuu!! is pretty excellent. Maybe sports homos aren't your thing.

and i call bullsit on monden madhose cppoynf the source art style i give the bg eaxple of this
Kiseijuu

Was a great adaptation, even after reading the manga. The art changes were needed.

no they were not abd they cancel out to ponit abput moondrn madhouse cpying manga art style
"If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine"

When the union's inspiration through the workers' blood shall run
There can be no power greater anywhere beneath the sun
Yet what force on earth is weaker than the feeble strength of one
For the Union makes us strong
Sep 9, 2015 9:09 PM

Jun 2012
Ah le le!
Sep 9, 2015 9:10 PM

Jul 2012
FGAU1912 said:
no they were not abd they cancel out to ponit abput moondrn madhouse cpying manga art style

Still doesn't counter my point that MANY modern anime adaptations have differing artstyles.
Sep 9, 2015 9:12 PM

Jun 2012
Madhouse's Kiseijuu wasn't popular enough, end of story.
Sep 9, 2015 9:13 PM
Mar 2011
mayukachan said:
FGAU1912 said:

Still doesn't counter my point that MANY modern anime adaptations have differing artstyles.

i went diwn the line of moe aaticstc being samey in comepr to the stuff i listed

i a was going on studo by studio basis

old house vs vs the younger crop
"If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine"

Sep 9, 2015 9:19 PM

Dec 2012
Because greasy nerds need a way to feel validated somehow.

Of course some titles are actually great, however this is still the gateway they choose to feel unique.

I don't watch as much anime as before...
Sep 9, 2015 9:22 PM

Jun 2012
Infatuate said:

Of course some titles are actually great, however this is still the gateway they choose to feel unique.
You're saying this in regards to the people with this mindset?
That sounds about right.
Sep 9, 2015 9:30 PM

Nov 2014
Great Animation during the 1990`s era even it`s old
Mushishi and Death Parade have great animation, too.

Genius Director and Script Writer
The Tatami Galaxy is brilliant.

The writers has more ideas to create more variety and better execution to make the story better
Maybe. I don't remember there being as many high school, moe, and harem anime in the 90s.

Beautiful 2D Mecha animation
Mecha is alright.

Otaku Wishfulfillment doesn`t exist in this era
Neon Genesis Evangelion is kind of a wish fulfillment for teenage boys.

Space Adventure is Awesome!
Cyberpunk is better.

Most Characters are realistic except those anime made by Rumiko Takahashi
Who is that?

Space Opera and Mecha is the Ruler of Genre of Anime (because Modern anime is ruled by Harem and Ecchi)
Alright...

Most Cute characters aren`t otaku pandering
Are you sure about that? Most anime pander in some kind of way.

Most Old School Magical Girl anime are pure and it doesn`t pander to otakus
What?

Most Old School Shounen anime is Gartastic and full of Manliness
?????
aikaflipSep 9, 2015 9:53 PM
Sep 9, 2015 9:41 PM

May 2013
Nicholas15 said:
New anime is just better. Because, well, they don't look like old anime. And, tbh, the art style of old anime disgust me and I'll prob never get used to it. Won't ever watch one.

No wonder you have such shit taste.

Infatuate said:

Says the guy who rated Shinsekai Yori lower than NGNL.
UgokiSep 9, 2015 9:45 PM
Sep 9, 2015 9:46 PM

Dec 2012
Ugoki said:
Nicholas15 said:
New anime is just better. Because, well, they don't look like old anime. And, tbh, the art style of old anime disgust me and I'll prob never get used to it. Won't ever watch one.

No wonder you have such shit taste.

Infatuate said:

Says the guy who rated Shinsekai Yori lower than NGNL.

SSY was trash. No matter how "thought provoking" the premise can be, if the execution fails, it just does.

Deal with it scrub.

Sep 9, 2015 9:48 PM

Jul 2012
Infatuate said:
SSY was trash. No matter how "thought provoking" the premise can be, if the execution fails, it just does.

Deal with it scrub.

Explain why the execution fails.

Fight me.
Sep 9, 2015 9:50 PM

Dec 2012
mayukachan said:
Infatuate said:

Deal with it scrub.

Fight me.

Time skips.
Poorly developed characters.

Sep 9, 2015 9:53 PM

Jul 2012
Infatuate said:
mayukachan said:

Fight me.

Time skips.

Are time skips inherently a bad thing? They were done well and necessary.
Main character is developed well enough. The rest were just there to push the story forward.
The entire show is plot-based though, so not much to talk about here.
Sep 9, 2015 9:58 PM

Dec 2012
mayukachan said:
Infatuate said:

Time skips.

Main character is developed well enough. The rest were just there to push the story forward.

I agree with it being plot based, I just didn't care about any of the characters (or plot devices).

Disagree about MC being developed, from what I remember she was quite bland in every regard. Scared but determined, stereotypical.

Time skips done right? idk I guess thats subjective. I don't like time skips a lot but I suppose when they're done right for me is when I don't really mind them, I minded these and found them to not only break the pace and disconnect you even further from the events / characters, but also have ridiculous time gaps in each of them (also there were far too many! 3 time skips of around 5 years each IIRC).

Sep 9, 2015 9:59 PM
Aug 2015
mayukachan said:
Infatuate said:

Time skips.

PErsonally id have t rate NGNL higher, but thats due to my personal preferences, i enjoy NGNL's genres more than the other's.
Sep 9, 2015 10:05 PM

Sep 2014
Some nice rose tinted nostalgia glasses you got on there
Sep 9, 2015 10:06 PM

Mar 2012
mayukachan said:

I really Hate A-1 pictures with passion because they made SAO and tons of garbage, even Studio Idea Factory is better than that.

Not interested in Major, if i would watch my next baseball anime then i`m gonna watch Touch.

aikaflip said:
Great Animation during the 1990`s era even it`s old
Mushishi and Death Parade have great animation, too.

Genius Director and Script Writer
The Tatami Galaxy is brilliant.

The writers has more ideas to create more variety and better execution to make the story better
Maybe. I don't remember there being as many high school, moe, and harem anime in the 90s.

Beautiful 2D Mecha animation
Mecha is alright.

Otaku Wishfulfillment doesn`t exist in this era
Neon Genesis Evangelion is kind of a wish fulfillment for teenage boys.

Space Adventure is Awesome!
Cyberpunk is better.

Most Characters are realistic except those anime made by Rumiko Takahashi
Who is that?

Space Opera and Mecha is the Ruler of Genre of Anime (because Modern anime is ruled by Harem and Ecchi)
Alright...

Most Cute characters aren`t otaku pandering
Are you sure about that? Most anime pander in some kind of way.

Most Old School Magical Girl anime are pure and it doesn`t pander to otakus
What?

Most Old School Shounen anime is Gartastic and full of Manliness
?????

1. because it`s not cheap
2. because Yuasa is the savior of Modern anime and he also wrote some script from Crayon Shin-chan during the 90`s
3. because you`re a modern anime fan who watched less than 10 old school anime
4. Mecha anime got more depth than ecchi/harem anime; every mecha anime made by Yoshiyuki Tomino is God-tier
5. Evangelion is focus on Psychological, Suffering and Eternal Despair; also Rebuild of Evangelion movies got more fanservice than the original series
6. You haven`t watched any Space Opera do you? also there are many cyberpunk anime in the 90`s
7. Rumiko Takahashi is the one who created Urusei Yatsura and Ranma 1/2
8. Yup
9. In modern anime yes, in the past nope, just because it`s aimed at kids instead of unemployed basement dweller otakus
10. Say hello to Sailor Moon, Revolutionary Girl Utena and Cardcaptor Sakura
11. Are you kidding me? you haven`t seen Fist of the North Star, that`s the epitome of shounen anime filled with manliness
GridleySep 9, 2015 10:14 PM
Do you play Azure Lane?
Then please join my fanclub
https://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=74907
Sep 9, 2015 10:07 PM

Dec 2012
ForgottenXthe3rd said:

PErsonally id have t rate NGNL higher, but thats due to my personal preferences, i enjoy NGNL's genres more than the other's.

Also this, NGNL is pretty brainless but it was entertaining. I got what I expected and was satisfied.

I was hyped for SSY because of the splash art and reviews but it just backfired. I don't think anything from SSY was satisfying or met my expectations (that were raised incredibly high because of the previous reasons), maybe the 2nd ED?

Mar 2011
davinci12 said:
Some nice rose tinted nostalgia glasses you got on there

who me

Aug 2015
NicoZeta said:
mayukachan said:

I really Hate A-1 pictures with passion because they made SAO and tons of garbage, even Studio Idea Factory is better than that.

Not interested in Major, if i would watch my next baseball anime then i`m gonna watch Touch.

SAO might not have turned out the best, bt A-1 still has some good shows to their name.
Sep 9, 2015 10:09 PM
Aug 2015
Infatuate said:
ForgottenXthe3rd said:

Also this, NGNL is pretty brainless but it was entertaining. I got what I expected and was satisfied.

I was hyped for SSY because of the splash art and reviews but it just backfired. I don't think anything from SSY was satisfying or met my expectations (that were raised incredibly high because of the previous reasons), maybe the 2nd ED?

I wouldn't say its pretty brainless, but i would have liked it to be longer, it was realy starting to get good at the end.
Sep 9, 2015 10:11 PM

Dec 2012
ForgottenXthe3rd said:
Infatuate said:

I wouldn't say its pretty brainless, but i would have liked it to be longer, it was realy starting to get good at the end.

I didn't find it to be remotely complex, deep (lol) or even story centric. It was just comedy filled with fanservice and some jokes. Really liked the art though.

Sep 9, 2015 10:12 PM

Jan 2014
New anime>old anime.
Sep 9, 2015 10:15 PM
Aug 2015
Infatuate said:
ForgottenXthe3rd said:

I didn't find it to be remotely complex, deep (lol) or even story centric. It was just comedy filled with fanservice and some jokes. Really liked the art though.

The series didn't focus on the end result, unlike most series, but rather more on how they dealt with each thing that came up, if you know whats actually going on, its really quite clever.
Sep 9, 2015 10:17 PM

Mar 2012
ForgottenXthe3rd said:

SAO might not have turned out the best, bt A-1 still has some good shows to their name.

False, every anime made by A-1 pictures is killing my brain cells.
Do you play Azure Lane?
Sep 9, 2015 10:18 PM

Dec 2012
ForgottenXthe3rd said:
Infatuate said:

The series didn't focus on the end result, unlike most series, but rather more on how they dealt with each thing that came up, if you know whats actually going on, its really quite clever.

Given the setting, it simply can't be that clever since pretty much anything goes.

but hey, it was fun alright.

Sep 9, 2015 10:22 PM
Aug 2015
NicoZeta said:
ForgottenXthe3rd said:

THen you clearly either have no brain cells to start with or you havent seen very many by them.

Infatuate said:
ForgottenXthe3rd said:

Given the setting, it simply can't be that clever since pretty much anything goes.

but hey, it was fun alright.

well, its one fo those things where you kinda have to know whats going on in the background to actually understand.
Sep 9, 2015 10:27 PM

Nov 2014
NicoZeta said:
Ha...

4. Mecha anime got more depth than ecchi/harem anime; every mecha anime made by Yoshiyuki Tomino is God-tier
Bakemonogatari is better than most of the mecha anime I vaguely remember seeing except for Eureka Seven and Evangelion.

6. You haven`t watched any Space Opera do you? also there are many cyberpunk anime in the 90`s
Ghost in the Shell is love.

I hate those shows.

Utena is one of my favorites.

11. Are you kidding me? you haven`t seen Fist of the North Star, that`s the epitome of shounen anime filled with manliness
The Fist of the North Star movie was one of my first anime, and I enjoyed it.
Sep 9, 2015 10:29 PM

Jul 2012
NicoZeta said:
ForgottenXthe3rd said:

What a weak argument.
Sep 9, 2015 11:34 PM

Aug 2015
Well obviously, if you're going to compare an entire era of old anime (pre-2000s) to just a small portion of the 21st century (seasonal anime from 2013-2015) of course it's better. What sort of comparison is this?

Besides, you've forgotten Barakamon, Shingeki no Bahamut and Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun which were all decent as well as Mushishi zoku shou plus the movie which is a masterpiece.

Get your facts straight, and actually look at the list of shows that came out in the years like 1991, because there's a ton of bad shows, just as many as there are bad shows in seasonal anime.
Sep 9, 2015 11:40 PM

Jan 2015
Huehue, people shitting on old anime on art style alone.

Sad to see people don't care about plot these days...

Anyway, Why not both?
Sep 9, 2015 11:43 PM
Feb 2014
mayukachan said:
NicoZeta said:

What a weak argument.

He's trolling.
Sep 9, 2015 11:47 PM
Feb 2015
Imaishi said:
cuz they were awesome and made to be good, not to promote some shitty LN or pillows
LOL YES.
Sep 9, 2015 11:47 PM

Jul 2012
ToastofJustice said:
Huehue, people shitting on old anime on art style alone.

Sad to see people don't care about plot these days...

Anyway, Why not both?

I'd actually prefer newer shows because of the plot. There's many more new interesting ideas, like a fucking glasses club.

I'm just really excited for more seiyuu centric shows and male idol anime coming out. Way too excited.
Sep 9, 2015 11:52 PM

Mar 2012
aikaflip said:
NicoZeta said:
Ha...

Bakemonogatari is better than most of the mecha anime I vaguely remember seeing except for Eureka Seven and Evangelion.

Ghost in the Shell is love.

I hate those shows.

Utena is one of my favorites.

The Fist of the North Star movie was one of my first anime, and I enjoyed it.

4. Not as deep as Gundam, Gunbuster and Ideon; Also Eureka Seven is poop because it was ruined by cringeworthy romance.

6. Characters from Ghost in the Shell makes Robotic characters likable, but robotic character clones in modern anime sucks.

7. Except Maison Ikkoku

11. Why did you pick the movie first? just watch the original tv series and it`s way better than the movie.

ForgottenXthe3rd said:

THen you clearly either have no brain cells to start with or you havent seen very many by them.

No, A-1 Pictures is Poorman`s Studio Toei but with more poop script.

Frrrosty said:

Besides, you've forgotten Barakamon, Shingeki no Bahamut and Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun which were all decent as well as Mushishi zoku shou plus the movie which is a masterpiece.

Barakamon is aimed to all audience so it`s good and it has no fanservice.
Shingeki no Bahamut is decent just because it`s Samurai Champloo in Medieval Fantasy Setting.
Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun is decent because it`s making fun of common shoujo tropes and the characters doesn`t try too hard to be cute.

At least bad Old School OVA`s are watchable and miles better than overrated garbage in modern anime.

P.S.
Cipher is a Masterpiece and Best Musical Anime of all time.
Do you play Azure Lane?
Sep 10, 2015 12:13 AM
Sep 2013
Because only very popular souce material have gotten anime adapatation those days unless kids ones.If you look at anime adapted from popular souce material (lets say 500k+ print copies per volume),todays anime are not inferior.

OnePiece,JoJo,Parasyte,Bakuman,Nodame,Naruto,Deathnote,Chihayafuru,Moyashimon,Space Brothers,Kimi ni todoke,NANA, Hunter Hunter

pre-1995 TV anime were mostly kids culture, todays counterpart of ''bad shows'' were very few because of that.

This is anime list from 1990

1990年 1月 - 3月

平成天才バカボン ぴえろ CX 全46話[注1 1]
ちびまる子ちゃん(第1期) 日本アニメーション CX 全142話
つる姫じゃ〜っ! アウベック NTV 全49話
私のあしながおじさん 日本アニメーション CX 全40話
キャッ党忍伝てやんでえ タツノコプロ TX 全54話
勇者エクスカイザー サンライズ NBN 全48話
魔神英雄伝ワタル2(第29話より『魔神英雄伝ワタル2 超激闘編』に改題) サンライズ NTV 全46話
雲のように風のように ぴえろ NTV 全1話

1990年 4月 - 6月[編集]

アイドル天使ようこそようこ 葦プロダクション TSC 全43話
NG騎士ラムネ&40 葦プロダクション TX 全38話
楽しいムーミン一家 テレイメージ、ビジュアル80 TX 全78話
ふしぎの海のナディア GAINAX NHK総合 全39話[注2 1]
もーれつア太郎(第2作) 東映動画 ANB 全34話
ガタピシ シンエイ動画 ANB 全199話
魔法のエンジェルスイートミント 葦プロダクション TX 全47話

1990年 7月 - 9月[編集]

魔法少女レインボーブライト 東京ムービー NHK-BS2 全13話
カラス天狗カブト 寺沢プロ NHK-BS2 全45話
ロビンフッドの大冒険 タツノコプロ NHK-BS2 全52話[注2 2]
ガジェット警部 東京ムービー NHK-BS2 全65話[注2 3]
まじかる☆タルるートくん 東映動画 ABC 全87話

1990年 10月 - 12月[編集]

からくり剣豪伝ムサシロード ぴえろ NTV 全50話
RPG伝説ヘポイ ぎゃろっぷ TX 全50話
PEACH COMMAND 新桃太郎伝説 ナック TX 全24話
八百八町表裏 化粧師 シンエイ動画 TBS 全19話
三丁目の夕日 グループ・タック MBS 全27話
悪魔城のプリンス 三つ目がとおる 手塚プロダクション TX 全48話
江戸っ子ボーイ がってん太助 ぴえろ TX 全22話
ピグマリオ 日本アニメーション TX 全39話
滝田ゆう落語劇場 愛企画センター TVSテレビ 全26話

umashikanekoSep 10, 2015 12:22 AM
Sep 10, 2015 12:15 AM
Feb 2014
umashikaneko said:
Because only very popular souce material have gotten anime adapatation those days unless kids ones.If you look at anime adapted from popular souce material (lets say 500k+ print copies per volume),todays anime are not inferior.

OnePiece,JoJo,Parasyte,Bakuman,Nodame,Naruto,Deathnote,Chihayafuru,Moyashimon,Space Brothers,Kimi ni todoke,NANA, Hunter Hunter

pre-1995 TV anime were mostly kids culture, todays counterpart of ''bad shows'' were very few because of that.

I guess Shounen and Josei must be the more widely known genres in Japan with that.

Shounen for general population, maybe Josei in the literature community.
Sep 10, 2015 12:49 AM
Aug 2015
Well, obviously someone doesnt know anything about A-1....They've helped with a number of successful series.
Sep 10, 2015 2:26 AM
Oct 2013
NicoZeta said:
Reason why Old School Anime Rocks.
-Great Animation during the 1990`s era even it`s old
-Genius Director and Script Writer
-The writers has more ideas to create more variety and better execution to make the story better
-Beautiful 2D Mecha animation
-Otaku Wishfulfillment doesn`t exist in this era
-Space Adventure is Awesome!
-Most Characters are realistic except those anime made by Rumiko Takahashi
-Space Opera and Mecha is the Ruler of Genre of Anime (because Modern anime is ruled by Harem and Ecchi)
-Most Cute characters aren`t otaku pandering
-Most Old School Magical Girl anime are pure and it doesn`t pander to otakus
-Most Old School Shounen anime is Gartastic and full of Manliness

If you want to know more then i`ll show it to you these picture as proof why they`re awesome! (warning, it contains spoilers from LOTGH)

The 90's are among my favorite anime periods, and they were, most likely, the most creative period. Many of the titles I loved are from the era. Neon Genesis Evangelion, Revolutionary Girl Utena, Cowboy Bebop, Martian Successor Nadesico, Serial Experiments Lain, Now and Then Here and There, Oniisama e..., the Ghost in the Shell movie, Kaitou Saint Tail, The Vision of Escaflowne, Silent Mobius, Seraphim Call, Cardcaptor Sakura etc. And I am sure to add more to the list in the future. I love the 90's, as you can see...

And yet I tell you to give me a break. I'll break it down in several parts. Shall we?

1 - Correction: The best shows of the era had the best animation. You probably can't imagine the junk that lied elsewhere. Also, yes, there are shows with great (and sometimes even avant-garde) animation.

2 - The best shows had the best writers and directors. For every Anno and Ikuhara work there was, a bunch of works that were generic at best, and plotless violence at worst, also existed.

3 - Again, Sturgeon's Law. Most of everything is crap. I admit, the late 90's in particular was an awesome era when it comes to anime. But still, the majority of it wasn't that good.

4 - Well, can't disagree with the beautiful 2D Mecha animation part.

5 - A deeper look into the Otaku in that era will show you wishfulfilment already existed in that era, AS IT ALWAYS HAS AND ALWAYS WILL!! It took a different shape, due to the different tendencies... Even then, there were already people other than Shinji jerking off to Asuka.

6 - I can't disagree with how awesome Space Adventure is. But believe some were released after the 90's. Still not as abundant as I'd like it to be.

7 - Check out 3.

8 - And most Mecha back then wasn't that great. Yes, it was a prosperous period for quality mecha. Eva and Nadesico only have an year of difference in time of debut. The same can't be said about Space Opera. Space Opera seems to be mostly good, from what I get.

9 - Fair enough. We are flooded with flat characters, with little charateristics besides being cute. Can't disagree here. There is however, a good SoL show every now and then.

10 - While I agree with the Otaku Pandering, I have to ask this question: What is Purity to you? People keep talking about Purity but what is this thing called Purity? Is it Sexual ''Purity'' you speak of? Or is it ''Purity'' in Behavior? If the Magical Girl in question is very young (pre-puberty or at beginning of puberty) then I agree that these forms of ''Purity'' are present... Albeit even 8 year-old children can be cruel (as for the Behavior part). If were talking about older girls though, I'm sorry but that argument is void. Most girls 12-15 are virgin but aren't what you'd call ''pure-minded'' sexually, and most people at that age aren't ''pure-minded'' in terms of will and behavior either. I LIKE MY CHARACTERS TO BE REALISTIC!! And ''Purity'', or at least this degree of ''Purity'' is not realistic for most people. It is for a few people, sure. But not for most.

And last but not least, on the topic of ''Purity'' (more specifically Sexual ''Purity''): PURITY WORSHIPPING IS WHAT OTAKU DO THESE DAYS!!! They shun Idols who get a partner, for example. So I don't think you should go there. Many otaku made a big fuzz when it was suggested in the Kannagi manga that a character once had a boyfriend in the past. Think about it.

Also to quote Voltaire (the great french philosopher of the 18th Century, and not the musician): ''It is one of the superstitions of the human mind to have imagined that virginity could be a virtue.''. It really isn't neither a virtue nor a deffect. Just something we are entitled to decide on.

Many titles still today show women as little more than objects or housekeepers. But it was also true back, perhaps slightly moreso.

11 - So full of ''Manliness'' it's nauseating. There are other ways of showing how full of ''manliness'' or cool a guy is, without having them die from testosterone overdose.

And last but not least: There are great directors and scriptwriters today. There are great animators today. Great soundtrack composers today. Great shows overall, and yes, the Magical Girl genre needed a shake-up. I just wish that more cyberpunk and more down-to-Earth Yuri (Aoi Hana or Sasameki Koto) was around.
I am Aleister Morningstar, once General of the 13th Battalion of the Hellsoldiers, and now the Grand-Lord of the Grand Order of the Hellsoldier.

I am Hellsoldier, first and foremost.
Sep 10, 2015 2:30 AM

Jul 2013
Aside from Yu Yu Hakusho I didn't like any of those screenshots so I say

New Anime >>>> Old Anime
Sep 10, 2015 2:44 AM
Oct 2013
Lain_ said:

This was enlightening. Thanks.
I am Aleister Morningstar, once General of the 13th Battalion of the Hellsoldiers, and now the Grand-Lord of the Grand Order of the Hellsoldier.

I am Hellsoldier, first and foremost.
Sep 10, 2015 2:52 AM
Feb 2014
ForgottenXthe3rd said:
Well, obviously someone doesnt know anything about A-1....They've helped with a number of successful series.

Zeta's only joking. He probably does like a few A1 shows. Just look at his list. This is all an act.

He wasn't this much obsessed with trying to impress the "elitists" as he was in the past.
Sep 10, 2015 2:55 AM

Mar 2012
Hellsoldier said:

And last but not least: There are great directors and scriptwriters today. There are great animators today. Great soundtrack composers today. Great shows overall, and yes, the Magical Girl genre needed a shake-up. I just wish that more cyberpunk and more down-to-Earth Yuri (Aoi Hana or Sasameki Koto) was around.

Great Director and Script Writers are already Endangered Species.

Masaaki Yuasa is the savior of modern anime, but he`s so lazy to make his next anime tv series.
Shinichiro Watanabe lost it`s charm after Mitchiko to Hatchin.
Kunihiko Ikuhara lost it`s charm after Penguindrum.
Hayao Miyazaki already quit.
Yoshiyuki Tomino is too old and can`t make his new mecha anime anymore.
Satoshi Kon, Ishiguro Noboru, Osamu Dezaki is already dead.
Izubuchi Yutaka is a lazy slacker and he has no idea which anime he`ll direct next.
Anno Hideaki is a slow-ass lazy director and his last rebuild of evangelion movie is in the works in a very slow pace.

Great Animators are working in overrated studio such as Kyoani and Ufotable.
Director and Script Writer in both Kyoani and Ufotable are Hack.

The Magical Girl genre anime is no longer aimed at little girls anymore, it`s aimed at unemployed horny otakus.

Cyberpunk is almost extinct and many japanese people aren`t interested in Cyberpunk genre.

About Yuri, Aoi Hana sounds Enlightening Coming of Age lesbian story.
Sasameki Koto sounds a bland forgettable romcom but with girls.

No thank you, i think i`m gonna watch Aoi Hana much later.

P.S.
Gen Urobuchi is a Hack Writer and he ripped-off Tomino`s writing style by making the characters robotic and pretentious at the same time.
Do you play Azure Lane?
Sep 10, 2015 2:59 AM
Feb 2014
Ritz Kobayashi must be shit then.

Fine. Pretend harder. Don't use "that's an exception" on me. Admit it, she's newer, so she must be shit. Happy, Zeta? You've really let go of yourself.
Sep 10, 2015 3:02 AM

Mar 2012
Nico- said:

Fine. Pretend harder. Don't use "that's an exception" on me.

Ritz is Ok but she`s a lazy cunt and her manga always get delayed.
Do you play Azure Lane?
Sep 10, 2015 3:04 AM
Feb 2014
NicoZeta said:
Nico- said:

Fine. Pretend harder. Don't use "that's an exception" on me.

Ritz is Ok but she`s a lazy cunt and her manga always get delayed.

She has a life and her own share of short-term health issues. Something you may or may not have. And don't you dare call her that with her in your favorites.
Sep 10, 2015 3:05 AM

Mar 2012
Nico- said:

She has a life and her own share of short-term health issues. Something you may or may not have. And don't you dare call her that with her in your favorites.

I like her but she needs more motivation.

Waiting for 3rd season of Saki is painful ;_;
Do you play Azure Lane?
Sep 10, 2015 3:07 AM
Feb 2014
NicoZeta said:
Nico- said:

I like her but she needs more motivation.

Waiting for 3rd season of Saki is painful ;_;

Look, I want a 3rd Season just as much as you do. But you've no right to call her that with her in your favorites and the fact that you used to have Saki in your favorites.

If anything, that just makes you ungrateful, and I quite frankly don't think you're a real anime fan at all with the fact that you deliberately changed your profile to impress a known troll in Nidhoeggr.
Sep 10, 2015 3:11 AM

Mar 2012
Nico- said:

Look, I want a 3rd Season just as much as you do. But you've no right to call her that with her in your favorites and the fact that you used to have Saki in your favorites.

If anything, that just makes you ungrateful, and I quite frankly don't think you're a real anime fan at all with the fact that you deliberately changed your profile to impress a known troll in Nidhoeggr.

If i move to Japan, then i`m gonna be her assistant.
Also i`ll tell her to change the script to flesh out the important characters from Saki manga to make them more likable.

I like anime for a long time, but i hate modern seasonal anime and they`re all less enjoyable unless there`s a sequel i`m looking forward to watch.
Quality of Anime went downhill so fast since late 2012, they just promote random manga/LN.
It`s so sad that they don`t promote good manga with good story ;_;
They also Promote way too many LN instead of promoting actual Novels.
GridleySep 10, 2015 3:18 AM
Do you play Azure Lane?
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (7) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Favorite anime opening? ( 1 2 )

RealClutch - Aug 24

61 by trinitroglycerin »»
6 minutes ago

» Any men who like Yaoi?

Mattenan - Aug 30

38 by Memore »»
8 minutes ago

» Look, if you had one shot, to binge all the anime you ever wanted, in one sitting, would you go for it, or just let it slip?

RainyEvenings - 58 minutes ago

6 by Kirika_Madeleine »»
17 minutes ago

» Say, why don't many cable/satellite networks in the USA or Canada want to show anime content?

MaximumHolder500 - Yesterday

21 by traed »»
19 minutes ago

» 🎖️Best Protagonist of all time & discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

nirererin - Aug 16

348 by Adnash »»
21 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.